GOTY 2018: God of War

>GOTY 2018: God of War
>GOTY 2019: Death Stranding
>GOTY 2020: Final Fantasty VII

Where did it all go so right?

Attached: tumblr_pfcpttcaGP1t26pzho1_1280.jpg (1040x1040, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gotypicks.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-game-of-year.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>GOTY 2018: God of War
>GOTY 2019: Death Stranding
>GOTY 2020: The Last of Us Part II

fixed

>The Last of Us Part II
Only in as far as Bay Area awards, which don't matter.. Last of Us 2 is also movie, not a game.

TLoU 2 will take either year it comes out. That's the fucking sad part.

Attached: 28d.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

this is a lot of cope going on, TLoU will dominate GotY awards like the first

>Last of Us 2 is also movie, not a game

Same with Death Stranding, but I guess it's okay when Japan does it.

Death Shitting will flop and Konami will rise again

I loved the first game, but the broken AI should've barred it from receiving any rewards. GOTY awards are nothing but normalfag popularity contests though, so they're meaningless.

>lezzies over Joel
>no free online multiplayer
>More movie than game
>West coast publications
Movies masquerading as games have no novelty to the general public today.
no need for cope either as I'm not a console war fag, and the game will inevitably be coming to my platform(PC) anyway, like every game eventually does in one form or another and even more forms down the road.

pretty much

>LA game
>Japan
I don't have enough information about Death Stranding, just pointing out what I am familiar with, which is Last of Us.

Movie
Movie
Too early to announce

Attached: 1559106559279.png (664x520, 177K)

Fallout 4 received GOTY awards. GOTY holds absolutely zero legitimacy

>death stranding
>ff vii
lmao no

>Movies masquerading as games have no novelty to the general public today.
did you somehow miss God of Wars sales and GotYs from last year?

As much as I'm looking forward to FF7R, and as much as I loved RE2make, I don't think remakes should win GOTY awards.

Attached: ECEF1736-161A-475B-A8E3-2A36CBAF10BC.jpg (640x898, 224K)

it won the least amount of GotYs from any major game, so that does say something

Rise again to what? Being shitty to their employees, not simply Kojima, and making sure their devs are treated as bad as the QA in that Activision expose', and making attempt black listing them from the industry and insurance companies if the employees leave? Konami been doing that.
Konami don't really care about making much videogames anymore either, they are more dialed into the pachinko scene, which a lot of these "AAA" devs need to go toward instead of trying to put that shit in actual game franchises, and leave the fucking gaming scene completely because they are just making it shitty with their existence..

based kojima fucking all these b listers

God of War was originally a long running action adventure game and mascot, it coasted off of that.
Who picks GOTY at publications?

lmao stay mad

YOU JUST KNOW

“Major game” can you be any more fucking vague? Is FIFA not a major game? How many they win?

>is fifa not a major game
when it comes to the gaming community, no

seething that you cant play 2018 goty lmao
>it will come to PC
>im a fucking tranny that only play on pc
>use "cope" word like a total newfag
>haha its a movie LOOOK ITS A FUCKING MOVIE all the goty awards dont count xD
>Guys im from pc mastergay please i NEED ATTENTION
back to plebbit brainlet

>Movies masquerading as games have no novelty to the general public today.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 179K)

RDR2 was the (good) movie. GoW had far more gameplay.

death stranding wont be out til 2020 though 99%

RDR was a fucked up realism simulator with shitty controls

The controls were fine. Just heavy.

What with being movie games, you technically don't need the platform they are on to experience them.
>Consoles enslaving and fucking me up the ass is me being anti-tranny.
So this is what brainlets actually believe
Don't tell Ian Miles Cheong's tranny assistant that though, they apparently didn't get the memo.
>referencing a phrase used by someone else, is being a newfag, because I don't pay attention.
Ok
>GOTY matters
Who decides them?
>Being pro consumer and making the best use of your money is gay.
Of course (You) would think that.

Just oh so loved those REALISTC restrictions in this OPEN WORLD game. when doing missions.

>input latency is ok if I call it heavy

Spider Man was a better game than God of War. GOTY does not matter

>when doing missions

stick to the mission
goof about later

I have PS$, I'd just rather play my superior PC instead of dusting off and having this paper weight take up any extra space.

How REALISTIC and not gay. Just ignore that the missions operate off of stupid segment requirements in spite of perhaps encountering the opportunities earlier.

>I have PS$
lmao

>What with being movie games, you technically don't need the platform they are on to experience them
game obviously has gameplay but you decide to call it a movie, you havent even played it but again ITS a MOVIE so by your standars point and click genre and games like ace attorney are not games are movies
>So this is what brainlets actually believe
Don't tell Ian Miles Cheong's tranny assistant that though, they apparently didn't get the memo.
you tell me brainlet ian miles is literally a who? sorry i dont watch your daily youtubers zoomy
>GOTY matters, Who decides them?
hundred of people and critics who played the game and voted for best game overall
>Being pro consumer and making the best use of your money is gay.
and you wonder why pc has so few exclusives compared to pre 2002, you pirate or emulate all games and no company its interested investing in such plataform

why did people like RDR2 again

For me its how detailed the world was, it was basically a love letter to the parts of the US that is't NYC or CA. Hunting/ crafting is diverse and fun. The open world was dense with all sorts of things to explore and encounter (no copy/ paste Ubishit). The contextual NPC interaction was amazing.

It basically set the next high-water mark for open world games, instead of toeing the line.

That's not even including the tremendously enjoyable gunplay which greatly surpasses GTAV, and next level voice acting.

Attached: 1557289030481.jpg (592x586, 50K)

Agreed, it's a phenomenal game Yea Forums shits on because it's not on PC or Switch.

Yes, that is correct.

Rockstar basically gives us a virtual Disneyland but people will just rush through the restrictive campaign and ever touch it again, missing like 80% of the game's great open-ended or loosely structured content and lament on the game being "okay".

These same people will sit in a canoe with Kratos blabbering on about dumb shit for 4 hours and call it GOTY.

It's like, bro you like movies, not videogames.

>god of my wife's son
>goty
no

Thanks for supporting Sony, PCucck

according to the VGAs it is lmao

>VGAs
lmao who

definitive GotY
gotypicks.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-game-of-year.html

>literal blog
lmao

it's a compilation of every goty award

>all of them are RDR2, God of War, or Spiderman
LMAO

yeah, and god of war is the most. It won

i guess in a world where those are the only 3 games that came out in 2018, you can call god of war the GOTY sweetie

Kojima's boyfriend's award show.

this is some hard cope going on

My personal GOTY. I cannot wait for the PC release.

Attached: 1562216898288.webm (1280x720, 2.48M)

>letting other people pick your favorite game for you
>let other anons create buzzwords for you to spew

Hackjima's ladder simulator will be a flop and Konami will release Metal Gear VI to universal acclaim

ok GoW was still my favorite game last year

They don’t count Fifa because it would win everything by a landslide ever damn year.

good boy

no it wouldn't, FIFA players don't even know GotY awards exist

She isn't a b lister

>game obviously has gameplay but you decide to call it a movie, you havent even played it but again ITS a MOVIE.
There is some mechanical filler(And inferior to prior games.) for walking to the next cutscenes, which are the main event of these movie games, yes.
>so by your standards point and click genre and games like ace attorney are not games are movies.
Visual novels, lul.
> I don't know him, I only watch trannies
Which is reason why you should be familiar with Cheong's tranny assistant. If not then clearly Tranny Games Done Quick.
>hundred of people......
Riiiiiight, handful of literally whos, usually from the west coast, then.
>and you wonder why pc has so few exclusives compared to pre 2002, you pirate or emulate all games and no company its interested investing in such platform.
What a naive zoomer, PC has more exclusives than all the consoles combined, and console devs have leapt to the PC platform more than ever before(much less 2002), for life support.
If devs want to lose money by ever ignoring PC, then that's on them, I will have access to their games either way, in the end, without getting their scam box,
So the devs holding out might as well take their chances by trying to sell it to PC players directly, not that I am particularly excited to play their handful of exclusives, an amount not worth buying a console paperweight, twice.
Your console is x86 based, and running on PC hardware, you're just on a restricted PC, getting charged for stuff such as online, like cucked retards.
Enjoy your streaming box and overly censored games on PS5 too, btw.

holy BASED
jim sterling son?

Attached: Based.jpg (480x534, 18K)

It was very good

Not funny
Didnt laugh

Kojima lets the movie parts be skippable.
Last of Us does not allow it.

1hour Kojima game skipping every cutscene >>>>>>> 15 hours playing a movie

Lesser of two evils and all that. Death Stranding does look great though.