Harvest Moon Kino is back on the menu

Harvest Moon Kino is back on the menu

Attached: back to nature remake.jpg (630x390, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bokumono_PR/status/1146596311937908736
youtube.com/watch?v=7tRjuMBD2jE
twitter.com/bokumono_PR/status/1146600346623459329
pastebin.com/gRP8ifDJ
youtu.be/7tRjuMBD2jE
nintendoeverything.com/story-of-seasons-reunion-in-mineral-town-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/
reddit.com/r/harvestmoon/comments/c8tejx/reunion_in_mineral_town_scans_tl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>those graphics
>kino

>ruining one of the few good HM games
>churning out yet another yearly game
No. It's just business as usual.

Yeah? I don't get the problem.
Seems like the standard for the style HM has.

Attached: 1562123790443.jpg (521x736, 79K)

>churning out yet another yearly game
Trio of Towns was three years ago
>ruining one of the few good HM games
How?

I thought they couldnt use that name anymore and they went to "story of seasons"

When will they port AP to the switch, I enjoyed that game a lot

have to be honest, when I saw the screenshots I assumed it was made by natsume
the japanese names have always been bokujo monogatari, so they don't have to worry about using a different name
if/when it comes out in the west it'll be story of seasons: friends of mineral town

Really hoping this isn't made by the shovelware niggas.

>top:shit
>middle:shit
>bottom:shit

Why can't Japan make good art? Is it their culture?

What? The prettiest games are almost all Japanese.

Name a single western dev that would do it better

>How?
Going away from the original style that appealed to boys and girls equally and changing it to the shit shoujo style every HM game has had for over a decade. Changing almost every character except Popori despite it being a "remake." Still has the Harvest Sprites. Shitty low budget 3D graphics look worse than the original 2D game. Game doesn't need a remake.

Attached: harvestmoon64mary.jpg (327x180, 25K)

Based.
Hopefully it came to the west soon bros.

Attached: 266584.jpg (320x240, 21K)

Wishlist
>New animals and types of product (Half confirmed? Alpacas and Capybaras and the Angora rabbit seem to be in)
>The new crops and trees from later games
>Return of the character themes from Back to Nature
>TV Channels to keep their content, if not to be expanded
>Option for "Classic HUD"
>Mining game to return instead of Nu-HM ""Mines""
>Especial marriages are less shit
>Children inherit visuals from their parents and you can have daughters
>Greenhouses
>Return of the music records and expanded to include most of the series
>Collectible clothes

Attached: 1560614621448.gif (300x222, 310K)

>Shitty low budget 3D graphics look worse than the original 2D game.
It really doesn't FoMT always looked bad in comparison to BTN, if there is any issue here, is that it stuck too much with the original FoMT shitty perspective. And it can't be helped, thanks to Natsume and Stardew the series is almost on the brink of death.

>Capybaras
Why the fuck would you want these spawns of Satan anywhere near your farm?

Fucking soulless.
I miss GBA Harvest Moon's art style.

>no homo marriages
Oof, that's gonna be a yikes from me.
That's why it's shitty western clone is so much better

The GBA style is literally the worst of the three, lol

>Classic HM being made instead of newer shit
Oh man it's been so long si-
>But it's Doraemon themed
Fuck
>But it's coming to the West and even to Steam
Wow, okay. Time to get exci-
>But it's apparently dogshit and is going through heavy patching
FUCK

The patching will fix the stuttering and balance issues, nips were mostly crying it was too hard.

>Mining game to return instead of Nu-HM ""Mines""
Would be fucking great if they did that. Mining was so much better than the current "limited daily rolls for materials", that shit is literally straight out of gacha game.

Does it have festivals? I know you can't get married. Also it seems like it was just poorly made more than too difficult
>hoe upgrade at level 2 is not even an upgrade
>takes twice as long to charge a swing and uses 2X the stamina for 2 tiles
>Fertilizer's price was reduced by 10x from like 400 to like 40

It's a real shame about all the problems, but it looks absolutely fucking beautiful and I hope the next real BokuMono uses the same general look.

THEY RUINED CARTER

I WANTED TO MARRY THAT SEXY PREIST

twitter.com/bokumono_PR/status/1146596311937908736

Heres a vid ^^

Attached: IMG_000021.png (300x300, 9K)

Who are those in the yellow jackets

Also are they going to release this game in the west as Story of Seasons and pretend it's not a remake?

here's the trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=7tRjuMBD2jE

>tfw guy you wanted to marry becomes ugly in remake
I want to remain a little more optimistic since fomt wasn't one of my favorites to play but these redesigns sure are something, this is the priest now. So far only Popuri and her mom are alright.

Attached: tumblr_pu2w55X5bN1t8srneo5_400.png (355x201, 139K)

I think you should get your eyes checked. The GBA game isn't as graphically powerful, but has better design. The recent HM games, including this upcoming remake, look like a Flash video game from 2004. Or a smartphone game from Korea.

Seems like everything is back, the festivals, the mining. Only the chara design seems a bit off beat, but it seems like a full remake, the boat likely means you can even get the island.
Feeling a bit more optimistic.

>The GBA game isn't as graphically powerful, but has better design
In what way? It has less detail.

>
The kappa is also an emo scene kid now I guess.
>implying natsume would ever let homos be in their games

Attached: D-mL8_SX4AAAJUL.jpg (1124x494, 61K)

Is this being made by Natsume?
If so why are people honestly excited?

(You)

Aren't the Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon franchises completely separate and handled by different studios? Why is this one operating under the moniker of the former when the license should be held by the latter?

Great, another rushed and poorly polished game. When are we going to be able to play as our child / partner?

Nips are complaining about Karem as well.

I have a stupid question I've only played FoMT and MFoMT on GBA but there's a PSP version is that a port of the GBA or N64 game? And does the game end after you get married?

It's not. It's Marvelous.

So Karen, Elli, Ann? And maybe Maria at the bottom right?

Attached: Nintendo Switch『牧場物語 再会のミネラルタウン』紹介映像 第1弾 (720p_30fps_H26 (1280x720, 251K)

>Natsume

Natsume owns the Harvest Moon brand name. When Marvelous stopped working with Natsume in favor of their in-house localize XSEED, Natsume kept the brand and began making new farming themselves and used that name, while Marvelous had to come up with something new for Western releases.

I wish they brought back the child customization from AP

Attached: b84e8360c79c7527729afea8e107cf13.jpg (450x750, 45K)

okay it's a bit of a clusterfuck so listen up
every harvest moon game up until 2014 where story of seasons and harvest moon: the lost valley were developed by marvelous. in japan they have always been called bokujo monogatari or ranch story, but in the west they were called harvest moon and were published my natsume. some falling out happened and marvelous (the developers) and natsume (the western publishers) went their separate ways. now the games by marvelous are called story of seasons and are the true successors to harvest moon. natsume have been making soulless extremely low quality games under the harvest moon name though since they still own the name itself

And Marvelous publishes the SOS series, correct? Those are generally well regarded, yes? Then why does this look like a Natsume cash-grab?

That's what I meant when I said Natsume ever allowing it. Story of Seasons might, especially if it being in RF4 special is true please no.

It's not that they had a falling out, it was just cheaper to have XSEED do localization since Marvelous' parent company owns XSEED too.

Ann has a cute ponytial

The mayor looks like a clown

That's only in the west. It's always been Ranch Story in Japan.

AP is the peak of the series in terms of amount of content.

With nips complaining so much about the character design I wonder if they will create a legacy option, especially for the wives.
Also, this remake is listed as the first, which means more remakes will likely come.

>Those are generally well regarded, yes?
Not anymore. Ever since Magical Melody, BokuMono has been on the decline. Trio of Towns was the first game in a while that's actually fairly decent.

>The mayor looks like a clown
His shit got fucked up

Attached: Nintendo Switch『牧場物語 再会のミネラルタウン』紹介映像 第1弾 (720p_30fps_H26 (1280x720, 247K)

Because Yea Forums is retarded and calls everything "mobile games" now in the latest entry of "This thing is bad because it is this thing" without any further thought.

They're meh at worst

Thomas Timmadon owner of the Mineral Town Timmadome?

What did they do to my boy Carter?!

Thomas always looked like that.

Attached: 37842.png (296x160, 11K)

As long as it remains fag free, I'm all for it

What are the quintessential, must-play entries of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series?

Do you think Leia, witch princess and that mine princess will be in this?

They literally cannot publish this game if it had the og designs. The protagonist escape because the male is from SNES and the female was made post BTN/64

Also, who's who? I'm assuming it's
>Lillia, Rick, Popuri
>Doug, Ann
>Stu, Elli
>Jeff?, ???, the Doctor
>Maria, Basil, ???
>Kai, ???

Attached: Nintendo Switch『牧場物語 再会のミネラルタウン』紹介映像 第1弾 (720p_30fps_H26 (1280x720, 214K)

Why isn't anyone posting the better scans

Attached: scan-11.jpg (1536x1872, 526K)

He looks like a teenager who accidently got caught up running a church instead of out skating with his friends now.

It doesn't have less detail. The detail in things like the water or grass or characters facial animations is more detailed than the 3D games. The 3D games look sanitized and boring.

Second

Attached: scan-12.jpg (1536x1872, 527K)

What does everyone think of (what I assume to be) the new protags? The fact that they don't really look like farmers bothers me.

Not counting Rune Factory
HM
HM64
HMBTN / HMFoMT
Are the go to. All else is conditional
>Do you like depression and ultra complex systems?
Wonderful Life Series
>Do you want more FoMT?
HM DS (Get the Euro version or the patch)
>Do you like to grind?
HM ANB
>Do you like classic gameboy color designs?
HM GB series
>did you like ANB's mid game forward?
SoS, SoS Trio of Towns.

>short shorts
KAREN'S A SLUT

He just told you. Marvelous is making the actual successor to the HM series. Natsume is making low budget games under the Harvest Moon name.

Though honestly, neither company is making a true successor to Harvest Moon. The series last good game was on N64. The last game the original team worked on.

Who are the mystery people

This is news to you?

>It doesn't have less detail
>Is the only version lacking unique vegetation is the area like the bamboo

Attached: D-mNwEJVAAE2_n5.jpg (560x700, 36K)

Yeh ok but no.
Did they change the waifus, that's all I care about. You see, I grew up with Karen. Bitch was a thot. My original anime thot. I married that bitch and made her mine. I put a baby in her. Then the disc broke and I had to go back to life without Karen. The fuck kinda life is that?

Attached: dr_brown.jpg (199x199, 19K)

Ah yes, my favorite bachelorette, Karen, from Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.

Attached: Freya.jpg (250x375, 27K)

Marvelous isn't making successors, they're continuing the franchise they started. They're still BokuMono as they've always been in their country of origin. They just got rebranded in the west.

Attached: D-mNwEIVAAAvuk4.jpg (560x700, 32K)

STOP.

>Did they change the waifus

Attached: D-mNwEJUEAAgPbj.jpg (560x700, 46K)

>This is news to you?
No, I just like reminding people that Karen is literally worst girl in a game where Mary exists.

Every character in the game except the male and female protagonists have been given new designs, some similar to the original, others radically different.

>The series last good game was on N64
Shut the fuck up Stardew fag. N64 was charming but clunky as fuck. Which is still better than SV, which takes that minus the charm.

FoMT is one of my favorite games and I can't justify buying this. Looks like it was made by the american ripoff harvest moon team.

bruh

Attached: Harris_FoMT.png (161x280, 74K)

why the fuck is she hovering like a super saiyan
I get the feeling they hired and artist to draw a specific thing and he only took half of it in while continuing to fantasize about floating anime whores

Wait, the original team last worked on 64? Really? It was always my favorite. I felt like BtN was good but just missing something.

Where's new Elli?

the redesigns look good

No, he is lying, the last one to have the team was the island series.

Is this the one where I can marry a kitsune?

Attached: 1551787029111.gif (300x300, 127K)

Stop being mean to Harvest Moon, please, PLEASE

Attached: giphy.gif (400x224, 1.92M)

Senko-san collab when?

Story of Seasons Trio of Towns for the 3DS was the one where you could marry a fox

Attached: 11a4155cfdb97c925267c9bcca4df9e5a495d80a.jpg (3850x2250, 1.4M)

wtf did they do to Lillia? She was a total milf in HM64 and Mineral Town. She looks like a potato in this.

>no one
>no one at all
>absolutely no one
>this thread:
UNGA BUNGA
OLD GOOD NEW BAD

>the gossiping wives in the town square

>>>/twitter/

Attached: 1544390564136.jpg (392x495, 113K)

>If you don't agree with me, you're a Stardew Fag!
I've been calling out Stardew as copying Harvest Moon since before it released. Stop making such stupid assumptions.

The creator of the series only worked on SNES and N64 games, then left. Like two other guys stayed and kept working on HM games, but eventually they left as well. The games started going downhill as soon as the GameCube/DS because Marvelous was hiring out to multiple teams to all make Harvest Moon games, with no oversight. They started milking the series even on the GB/PS1.

yiff in hell

and it's a tranny

AHH
FUCK
GOD DAMNIT WHY
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM RUINED
WHY IS MY FAVOURITE IP IN THE HANDS OF RETARDS

Attached: 1415259084110.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

Go back to Facebook faggot.

Attached: 1560052166908.jpg (602x960, 64K)

Yeah, I don't see how people played the GC titles and could compare them well to the previous entries.

Which one of you sick fucks married this fat fuck?

Attached: Gourmet_FoMT.png (151x222, 67K)

I am the user who autistically posts this in half of the soul/spyro threads, and I don't agree with the indonensians in this thread, it looks like the best HM in a decade.

Attached: U1wiJWZ.jpg (1496x728, 175K)

I tried to marry the china man

I cant believe someone is actually defending the new piece of shit that is the new HM, fucking mental, never did I think someone would have such bad opinion.

Attached: 33xueiw.jpg (366x380, 25K)

How do you do, fellow final fantasy antagonists

>calling out Stardew as copying Harvest Moon since before it released.
Stardew Valley's entire mission statement was to copy Harvest Moon. The dev has never denied that.
So... good job pointing out the obvious?

Vote faggots

twitter.com/bokumono_PR/status/1146600346623459329

I don't see anything wrong with it. Some of the redesigns look a bit weird but it's nothing I can't get used to. Also the ugly chicks that I never considered as a waifu look better so now I can give them a chance.

I mean, they've done 3d graphics for consoles before... why does it look like a shitty phone game?

I hate this new 3d art style infecting everything.

Actually SV is copying Rune Factory a lot more so than Harvest Moon. And it's not that bad for an indie game but still falls far short of RF.

The majority of Stardew Valley players were denying it and claiming Stardew Valley was totally original for various reasons. It's not the creator who needed to be called out, but the SJW fanbase (which overlaps quite a bit with Steven Universe and Tumblr people).

Of course you are a Stardew fag, who else would bother making up lies about the series?
>The creator of the series only worked on SNES and N64 games, then left.
This is an objective lie. The creator of the series was also the fucking president of Marvelous for a while. He is also credited on a lot of HM games up to Animal Parade. And "Milking the series" on the PS1 with two versions of the same game? On the GB even though the last two GB games are some of the best GBC games? God you might be something worse than a Stardew fag, you might be a 64 fag.

Either way, you are a lying cunt spreading misinformation.

Is SoS Trio of Towns any good? Or should I just go back to BTN and FoMT?

>you can't get married

dropped

Attached: 930f1940457d6045fcee38ae3cf76d69.jpg (528x696, 224K)

They think it's original because normies never heard of Rune Factory. They think it's Harvest Moon with combat and rpg elements but they don't know that shit has already been done.

Because you have been pavloved by Yea Forums to bark at anything. This is just a 3D version of the GBA style, it doesn't look like other console HM or the 3DS games because it looks like FoMT, but 3D.
Literally try to explain why it looks bad without using the "muh Mobile Games" buzzword

What is this about?

I remember playing this in 2004 and being so excited for what future console games would look like.

What the actual fuck happened? This is 16 years old now.

Attached: a wonderful life (2003).jpg (533x400, 182K)

Too bad that game was garbage.

Things cost money, you retard, not many people want to play a slow farming game, not even Stardew could keep up with modern graphics.

after DS, Trio of towns is my favorite harvest moon.

is has a amazing cast of characters and the gameplay is not anoying
it lets you focus on whatever you like, instead of forcing you to do shit you dont like

It is already a curse to be a graphicfag, but a graphicfag that cares about niche games is a curse and a half.

Stardew valley sold super extremely well. I think slow farming games are one of the most popular "genres" of games.

Wada only directed the first two games. After that, as you said, he became the headof Marvelous and the producer on the series. Which means he wasn't working directly on them anymore. Much like Miyamoto is the "producer" of Zelda or Mario, but doesn't work on them much. Just checks on them every once in a while.

But I'm sure you'll throw out more insults and deflection.

This is the game that killed my interest in HM forever. And taught me never to pre order a game again. Never been so hyped for a game. So sad, because the art design and advertising was amazing. This girl is the best looking girl in the series. But it sure didn't transition into the actual game...

Attached: Harvest-Moon-Wonderfull-Life.jpg (1024x768, 154K)

Even Magical Melody (2005) did chibi better than this shit.

Modern developers are cancer.

Attached: Moonlight_Cafe_MM.png (1036x804, 844K)

>I think slow farming games are one of the most popular "genres" of games.

Nah not even close. If that were true there would be way more HM clones out there. It's a very niche genre but it has a pretty large core audience that are also starved for good farming games.

>this is 16 years old
fuck me

Play Harvest Moon DS.

It's A Wonderful Life but good.

That looks awful user. And that camera angle is giving me cancer.

jesus christ they did him dirty, how could they?! I kinda wanted to marry him in MFomT
where the fuck's my boy Gray
walking strip of wallpaper

Which Rune Factory should I play?

what happened to that game? It was so gutted. Like it had the foundation for a fantastic harvest moon but it's like they cut 80% of the game

Rune Factory 3 and then 4. Don't even bother with the first two. They aren't bad but they're dated and it shows.

Start with 1 if you want to play them all, else with 3.

>we went from having one game announced exclusively for japan in january to two story of seasons games coming one being a crossover with doraemon
I'm not even mad.

Attached: 19543_front.jpg (640x430, 42K)

HMDS is just FoMT with less features and game breaking bugs.

Trio of Towns is a fantastic game once you actually put in the time to make it past the slow intro. One of the best HM games in years.
Not without it's faults but worth playing if you're a fan.

I do however recommend a brief pastebin guide that tells you what crops you should be growing as you'll need them to progress your town ranks. Town ranks aren't your main objective in the game, but doing them does unlock additional crops and things for you in the game.
While Rune Factory removed the season requirement to grow certain crops modern SoS still has it, so you may find yourself needing a crop that can only be grown in the month that just past and you missed your opportunity until the next year.
It's some serious blueballs and one of my only gripes with the game. You do get a greenhouse equivalent eventually letting you grow whatever whenever but until you do you have to deal with the temporary roadblock.

pastebin.com/gRP8ifDJ

Attached: DscUJkMU4AA4lo5.jpg (2894x2039, 896K)

Go in order if you plan on playing them all otherwise 3 and 4 are good if you don't ever plan on going backwards. Since each game builds on top of the previous, going back can be really hard.

Also if you like RF3 might want to wait a bit, RF4 remaster is coming to Switch sometime this year.

It's basically a demake of AWL with the FoMT graphics.

It's the best of the new style SoS(HM), in that it's not so simple as older ones like FoMT. There's alot of content and grinding and unlocking stuff.
There a ton of events and characters dialog (with good translations) that break up the monotony though.

I don't know the whole story. But it was made during Marvelous' master plan to make 10 HM games by the 10th anniversary of Harvest Moon. That means, they had about three years to make ten games. I suspect it got a lot of funding pulled away to make other games, as well as rushed to release to make the deadline.

But will This and Doraemon have gay marriages??
It's about time Japan starts getting with the times
They can't just ignore the West forever, this is why Std.Valley is a much better game

This is my wife.

Attached: DhQHiOyU0AE4cYq.jpg (1997x1920, 340K)

Stardew Valley is trash and I modded out the black guy and made everyone more attractive but it still sucked.

Thanks guys

Attached: 1562028067115.jpg (800x556, 156K)

copied both, actually.

SV's combat sucks dick though especially compared to RF

At least way better than fucking doraemon version

the only gay marriage they should consider adding is girls marrying girls

Its literally the same shit except this is too zoomed in. You just want to not have nice things.

>you can't get married
What the fuck
What is even the point?

Attached: ss_wakuwaku_5.jpg (579x446, 41K)

R.I.P Ann's design
But they might actually fix Mary's.

I'm conflicted, I like the artstyle for the environment, animals and crops but it looks absolutely horrible for the people.

nice, thanks user

Why would you get married in Doraemon?

I thought we all moved on to rune factory

Why does she look like a slut now?

Attached: Storyof-Seasons-Reunion-in-Mineral-Town_2019_07-03-19_005_600.jpg (600x338, 158K)

>now

I love mineral town that much

We aren't gettng shit out of RF5 until next year

I play Rune Factory but I also love HM

user... everything happened because Nobita's grandson come and send Doraemon to him.

Even if the wife changed, the grandson stays unaffected, literally on chapter 1.

He's an elementary schooler, dude.

>That lipstick.
Jeez. Karen looks like a full on gyaru.

I prefer HM to RF
There are 6 RF games and only 2 of them are better than mediocre. It's a good track record.

RIP old way of buying seeds

Attached: hm.png (552x312, 321K)

That shit looks terrifying

Attached: D3TTgDDUIAMLaF-.jpg (1200x688, 114K)

Where are you finding these?

Alright lads, I'm tired of soulless farming sims give me your best ideas so I can make our dream game real

Probably the trailer that no one is posting for some reason

youtu.be/7tRjuMBD2jE

user...

Also Western release confirmed

nintendoeverything.com/story-of-seasons-reunion-in-mineral-town-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

This guy did

ROMANCEABLE CAKES

>Reunion in Mineral Town
I DON'T LIKE IT

Slightly disappointing artstyle but the game still looks good. Day 1

More like Harvest Moon Chemo. I can't even look at it.

>tfw the only girls I liked in tott were unavailable cakes
I agree with this whole heartedly.

I hate nearly every redesign, but I have to admit Rick is a severe upgrade.

...did you maybe mean to say cancer? Because chemo would mean that you like it.

I looked in the trailers and a lot of the characters are just not shown, what the fuck.

Way better in motion than in the screenshots we've been seeing.
Also still no Elli.

I don't know. I still have Story of Seasons, Trio of Towns, and even A New Beginning to "complete". Plus, every time they remake Back to Nature, the result is just more disappointing than the previous attempt. I might check it out if I'm not bored with the series at that point, but I'm certainly not excited about the game right now.

I like it.

this is most likely her right here.

Mary is always barely off frame or turned around, and Kai, Gray, the old blacksmith, and Gotz still seem to be MIA, unless I wasn't looking hard enough.

Attached: elliprobably.png (90x86, 13K)

>every time they remake Back to Nature
You mean every time they remake 64, right?

WHERE IS MY WIFE MARY?

Sorry, the Hollywood Video from back in the 90s didn't have Harvest Moon 64 available for rental. I've not played that one yet.

hope they include all the QOLs from newer entries and do not cost 60 bucks

Nope. They ruined Elli. Not getting it.

Attached: harvest_moon_anyway.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

they made the kappa into an anime

Attached: fuckaduck.png (90x86, 16K)

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 692K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1920x1080, 942K)

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

oh, here's more characters TURNED AWAY, fuckin' hell. Mary's family looks like they didn't change much, and Doctor's probably the same. Will he get a name this time? Probably not.

Attached: some assholes.png (160x205, 49K)

Attached: 4.jpg (359x610, 50K)

Attached: 5.jpg (1920x1080, 586K)

Attached: 6.jpg (294x670, 38K)

Attached: 7.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

He's become one of God's chosen people

Attached: 8.jpg (314x707, 39K)

Elli and Ann are looking cute. I saw a higher res of Cliff as well and he was also looking good. Karen, so far, is the only one who looks completely botched.

Attached: 9.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Attached: 10.jpg (299x690, 46K)

Attached: 11.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

What's TP Link doing in this game?

I don't think it looks too bad, I think they're aiming for a simpler style to more still look more like the original game. Now, if Rune Factory 5 looks bad than I can't say anything in Marvelous's defense.

This is like the 5th re-release of this game, they should just make another proper entry in the series, and apply themselves for once.

I think they changed her design too much, they should've kept it more tomboy and kept her weird bang highlights. It's a fine design, just not for our girl Karen.

Where's their ponytails, goddammit.
Rick looks like he's going to fuck your mouth whether you like it or not.

real talk, why even bother when stardew is an option? really gonna take seventeen gameplay steps backwards because ou cant stand pixel art?

I like these ones better than the original.
The rest are ruined though.

And almost half a year after Rune Factory busted out of its coffin to boot.

Attached: 1438937586502.png (240x160, 27K)

Damn it, they redesign Ann waitress outfit.

Cliff looks like shit
This from African concept artist because it's nigger tier.

>eal talk, why even bother when stardew is an option?
While I enjoyed Stardew I really didn't care for the characters. I won't like, I play these games as a form of escapism and dealing with characters with real life problems was just not as enjoyable to me. I really did enjoy the music and visuals though.

Than again, unpopular opinion time, I've found there to be something to like about each of the Marvelous developed HM/SoS games (except Island of Happiness, which was pure tedium). I definitely think there have been issues post Animal Parade but there's still a lot to enjoy.

The remake? Yes, that would be $59.99 + plus tax and tip.

Attached: Won-1.png (116x185, 30K)

I've never gotten a straight answer whenever I've asked but what exactly does stardew do that pushes the gameplay forward compared to Harvest Moon/SoS?

>no headband pulling back her bangs
Come on, that really pulled her design together, this just looks a few steps away from being generic. She was my first vidya crush.

Attached: 47360416_p0_master1200.jpg (700x530, 193K)

>Being on PC
>Gay marriage
>Multiplayer
In order of relevance

The female MC looks cute af

Attached: 1529973136638.jpg (983x720, 77K)

You can't get a straight answer, it doesn't improve on Story of Seasons at all, it isn't charming, it has worse characters, it adds in a load of junk that doesn't add to the game at all, it just came out at a time when Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons was having a crisis of brand, both in the form of it's actual branding, but also the crisis of it's own design, with Story of Seasons visually it's fallen apart, it's hideous, it has lots of noisy textures which goes against it's very soft atmosphere, it's intro tutorial is order of magnitude longer than it needs to be, they completely removed the workhorse phase where you spend all of your time working on your farm. the IP has shat the bed completely on both sides, and then Stardew Valley came around and it just lucked out, it's a shitty effigy of Harvest Moon but it landed at the right time to completely outdo the series commerically.

There's a lot of different option in terms of things you can farm and craft, which is enjoyable. The multiplayer is nice too.

I wish she was an option to marry if I played as the guy.

Game still looks like shit, just less shit. Karen remake is shit, into the trash it goes. I will pirate at best. Very disappointed.
SoS 1 is alright, has problems but still playable. SoS 2 is pretty damn good.

But his name is Trent user. Though to be fair it'd be better for them to keep it as Doctor since his already generic design will most likely become even more generic somehow.

Attached: tumblr_inline_n6dp1w9PxA1qaxgsm.png (112x112, 4K)

I would unironically play a Zelda themed farming game.

I'm picking it up if it is.

how do we know that his name is trent?

>The series last good game was on N64
Friends of Mineral Town was great but after actually playing 64, it's probably the best, it has the best visual design, it has the best characters, you really really work for your free time, and your relationships, it's a shame that so many features ended up being cut.
I'd like to say that that's the game they should be remaking if any, but considering how unironically soulless this looks, that's a mistake if there ever was one.

>Lillia, Rick, Popuri
right
>Doug, Ann
right
>Stu, Elli
right
>Jeff?, ???, the Doctor
I think that's Sasha
>Maria, Basil, ???
That's Anna
>Kai, ???
Probably Gray, you can see him walking near Ann in another part of the trailer

shit looks like FARMVILLE

Harvest Moon is dead.

>they put Ann in a dress
Why would they do this

>Probably Gray
>no UMA hat
lame

Attached: 1543497716210.jpg (500x500, 74K)

WHAT DID THEY DO TO THE HARVEST GODDESS AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Nintendo Switch『牧場物語 再会のミネラルタウン』紹介映像 第1弾 (720p_30fps_H26 (1280x720, 156K)

That's his name in DS and IoH/Si.

holy shit they ruined her

the blond hair fits. alternatively, it's one of the new bachelors. someone on reddit has the announcement translated reddit.com/r/harvestmoon/comments/c8tejx/reunion_in_mineral_town_scans_tl/

oh i must've blacked out or something during the DS era

>no UMA hat
THEY DID HIM DIRTY TOO THOSE BASTARDS

This artstyle is terrible. It simply doesn't work, the in-game implementation looks awkward, and the character art looks cheap. Why do they still have this artist around? Is he the same guy from FoMT days? Did he have a stroke?

It also looks like Elli has longer hair now and I think whoevers directing the art direction of remake hates anything that's even vaguely tomboyish.
I actually think she's cute, but that could be because while I like her original design I didn't really care did her much as a character in the original. She seems more benevolent though than the all powerful but sassy goddess I remember her as which still feels pretty jarring.

I admit to not playing a HM since GCN, but my real biggest gripe with the games is that at some point, they just fucking end and never give you the courtesy to tell you. You've got all the house extensions, read all of your wife's dialogue, and your child ceases growing. What the fuck.

stardew valley wins mainly because this shit looks like farmville and im a boomer who enjoys 16bit art

did you play a wonderful life

Shame that it's spritework is such trash.

How the fuck can you tell especially with ant size screenshot?

>It also looks like Elli has longer hair now and I think whoevers directing the art direction of remake hates anything that's even vaguely tomboyish.
It still looks fairly short though, like maybe a bob cut? We'll know for sure once the official images come out. Out of all the girls it does appear she's changed the least though.

At first I was pretty turned off by the idea of the redesigns, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. At least back in the early 2000's there were always people who were upset that the characters weren't exactly the same as they were in 64 - because they weren't really the same characters. It makes sense to finally make that distinction between the two, and that they really are their own, completely independent characters.

Real question, if Stardew "wins" why is it the only time I see it get mentioned is in Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon threads, opposed to their own threads? I mean, I enjoyed the game but it's tiresome to see it mentioned in every single one of these threads.

Compare this shit to RF art. It's not even close. It's clear which franchise is getting more love here.

Attached: rf4 amber.png (310x604, 249K)

for real, the rune factory art looks so shitty.

use MOD
I seriously can't play the game with ugly tumblr face

4's art wasn't that good. Somehow my wife Dolce lost half of her appeal without her hat.

It does nothing better all while looking worse than a game that came out in 2003.