When did you burn out of Minecraft

I don't really recall a specific update but eventually I just got sick of the same old same old. Every world I would just make a basic home, spend forever building up, and then have nothing to do. Creative mode worked but the actual building process in Minecraft was extremely slow and tedious. And while survival was enjoyable, I never felt like I had to survive anything past the first day.

Attached: minecraft.jpg (900x900, 121K)

Around the time the server I played on died. God I miss those people. Nothing beats and old fashioned vanilla factions server with wars going on 24/7 imo. Recently googled the server name for shits and giggles, found a couple vids of the server, actually brought a tear into my eyes. I miss those fuckers.

around the time the fanbase started getting cringey

i can't play this shit anymore because i spent so much time on it. same with terraria and borderlands 2.

Of I don’t have goals set in a world or people to play with the world becomes boring. It’s like any sandbox. You enjoy discovery but once the discovery is over if you have nothing you want to achieve or no social structure to work with you lose interest. Life works in a similar way but on a grander scale.

cause you suck at building and thinking up new shit to do

Basically when college made me and my friends too busy to build in our creative world.
That one world has 1000s of hours worth of time spent in it, and I get massive amounts of nostalgia everytime we visit back to that world.
Just looking back at everything we built can keep us occupied for hours.

To add to this momentum is a big component. If you set out to do something too large it can be difficult to maintain interest. You need to build on projects and maintain momentum. Setting a large goal isn’t enough, the brain needs steady short term goals, mid length goals and long term goals in life

Lets see I think it was about a decade ago. No really I first played it I think a bit after the nether came out. I spent 20 or so hours on it exploring and built a small sky castle. Then I saw there was nothing to do and got bored. At the end of the day I dont hate minecraft its a lego set but its far from great. Adventuring is pretty boring. Could be kind of neat if there were some building desgin tutorials in the game. If Minecraft provides the legos its a shame it has no instruction booklets. Could be fun to teach the basics of architecture to kids.

Also only focusing on making small things can become boring since you don't feel much accomplishment from those projects. Medium and Large projects are important since just looking at an impressive build is enough to motivate you to make even more impressive builds.

When they changed red stone in the red stone update.
I was a map maker working on an adventure map for two years straight. I still don’t know how red stone works now but it’s a fucking shame they changed it because it broke almost everything I had been building for two years straight. I gave up on that project. I understand command blocks make it easier but I really do miss red stone contraptions and finding fun ways to create things rather than just coding sequences. Ie using cave spiders and pressure plates to see where a player is.

There's plenty of youtube videos for that, and countless builds that can be used to draw inspiration from.

queer

Im aware but im not a fan of
>Just wiki/youtube it
I see no reason minecraft itself cant provide some neat little in game tutorials.

I always found redstone way to cumbersome in design. You look at wiring in Terraria and it's just so much easier. Actually, a lot of stuff in Terraria is just made more efficient for the player but wires especially.

Basically this but with all servers when people realized how much money they could milk from kids. It was fun to join multiplayer servers designed around specific gimmicks and mechanics such as tardis multiverses, apocalyptic survival, RPG classes and themed world maps. Seeing what players and servers did with the tools they had was a great break when you started to get burnt from your main multiplayer server. Around the time large minigame servers and the creation of the hunger games plugins was when unique survival servers started to disappear.

I THINK ps4 version has a tutorial but I’m not sure. I’ll boot it up later and come back with an answer but I totally agree.
At the same time I know I’ll be chastised for saying this but pewdiepie recently started making mine craft videos and one of the best parts about it is he has no clue at all what he’s doing. But you can tell that from not knowing how the game works he’s genuinely enjoying the game so much more than he thought. He didn’t think he’d make more than one episode and now he’s got 8 and plays even without recording. Which, for a guy who makes millions off recording, is kinda cool.

I bought it back in 2012 I think on steam. Haven’t even opened it lol. I take it it’s worth downloading?

TLauncher or MineShafter?

I think half of the fun of the exploration of the game is the exploration of mechanics and crafting.
This is a big component of why I believe the pc version is better than console version as console version has every recipe laid out at the start of the game but pc only lets you know what you can build once you get a new item

A good 5 years ago atleast. Just recently started playing Empyrion and it's pretty much everything Minecraft should of been

Bump

When we were supposed to get lanterns that lit more than torches and never burn out, but torches would still be around and burn out.
I quit playing waiting for that update that never came, and got back into Dorf instead. Then a little while later Terrerria came out and scratched the itch.

Absolutely. The adventuring aspect of Terraria blows Minecraft out of the water. It has fun and varied combat, cool areas to explore, good PvP, and tough bosses. Building stuff is a lot faster than Minecraft since it's 2D and also much easier to make nice looking structures. Lots of nice quality of life stuff like tools and armor don't degrade. It's also very easy to play with friends since you don't even have to port forward.

It's just completely unnecessary, and would be a complete waste of development time.
Besides, something like building doesn't need a tutorial, it's more fun to try out things yourself, and build things using trial and error till you get something cool looking.

Beta 1.8 was some bullshit

Attached: 1439834838184.jpg (613x1233, 140K)

Never.
I go on long breaks but I always eventually come back.
I can never really quite minecraft. Mods make the game so good.

Server when

I still ashamed of myself for buying an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 for this game. For the time, Minecraft wasn't for PS3, so i played it on 360. But got sick of the game, and btw, the game comes out in PS3, 3 weeks later.

I would have played a lot of other exclusives like Yakuza, Jojo All Star Battle, KH 2 or Uncharted, if i don't buy this game to get into minecraft

At least i played Dead Rising, i guess that is something

Attached: 1556989691510.jpg (324x245, 11K)