>playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
>playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
>playing PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
>playing Apex Legends
>playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
>playing Dota Underlords
>playing Overwatch

yikes...

Attached: quake best game.jpg (3060x1528, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>playing dead games

So basically we should play CS Source

why would anyone wanna play this garbage

Attached: dead.png (777x944, 427K)

>reposting a bait thread

good fucking lord do you have anything better to do

>more popular means its better

Attached: file.png (645x729, 155K)

>Playing any quake
LMAO real man play VS Puzzle games like Panel de Pon and Puyo Puyo Sun and that's only the beginning

Attached: 3583ff18611a9da816a27d19cf300707.jpg (500x651, 33K)

Wrong pic

Attached: 1539321406505.jpg (210x290, 34K)

>dota 2
>w3 without micro/macromanagement
>Enigma, LD, ET, Lycan, Beastmaster
>fucking Meepo exists

I cant speak for the macro side of things, but the micro is there.

League on the other hand...

Attached: 1535852018373.jpg (375x455, 63K)

your game is shit dotard

based

its a fact tho. deal with it

>not playing wolfenstein enemy territory
hang yourself casual

>me bhop
>me fire rocket aoe at feet
>me memorize powerup spawns
>me skilled

Truly the peak of gaming.

no, it's a fallacy, retard
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

fighting games section is the most wrong thing i've read all week

This but unironically.

lol

>Imagine taking the actual time to photoshop together a wall of text and 20 images just to try and trigger people on Yea Forums
>they just go tl;dr or read 2 words and shitpost against you anyway

wew lad

Reminder we btfo cs yesterday. Quakechads cant stop winning.

based quakechads

I hate mobas and battle royales too but you don't see me crying about people who do on 4channel.org like some kind of namby pamby faggot who needs to validate his existence

Attached: bs.png (195x193, 36K)

funny how even when you put it like that it still sounds more skillful than any of the games listed in OP

95% of the people who shitpost on here don't even actually play arena FPS games.

Attached: wild_ricochet.jpg (500x209, 15K)

Yes im that fucking 5% who plays wolf et on daily basis and what

>fightan
>top can be beaten by a new player
Source? I don't play fighting games, I just like to see "pros" btfo.

et isnt very good

>only advanced movement mechanic requires you to be going downhill

How do we fix the quakefag problem?

You posted cringe, ET is all about teamwork and u just said non-sense in jaymod u can bhop freely without restrictions and on NQ sorta and on silent u can bhop to drag yourself forward, going downhill is only optional and only possible in certain slopes

>jaymod
That mod is fucking awful and not even indicative of how ET is supposed to play.

Also, you can't bhop in ET either. bhopping specifically means only using strafe keys while jumping.

Even dragging yourself forward semi count as a bhop yeah you don't get to jump more like 3 times but it still counts
>jaymod is trash
That's what everyone plays and has 24/7 people on the servers, no way im waiting on a specific time to play on silent/nq with a restricted fov just because i own a meme UW monitor for my work

>Even dragging yourself forward semi count as a bhop yeah you don't get to jump more like 3 times but it still counts

No it doesn't.

>That's what everyone plays and has 24/7 people on the servers, no way im waiting on a specific time to play on silent/nq with a restricted fov just because i own a meme UW monitor for my work

Because majority of people are casual and like double jump.

ET is straight trash bro, barely an upgrade over fucking call of duty.

>csgo being no skill
I can hear my chinese friend already getting in a rant

I find the DOTA/LOL/MOBA entry especially funny considering most of those games were originally Warcraft 3 custom games.
>They were actually good though
Fuck I miss those days. LOL doesn't have shit on Footmen Wars despite the apparently "enhanced mechanics"

>barely an upgrade over Cod
just stop at this point, you clearly never played ET competitively, even if im nostalgic about this game and have it as my first introduction to a online shooter games doesn't mean it's bad, this shit is leagues above cod and actually requires skill in order to play it isn't just pick up and play like with modern games, there's no game that can replicate what wolf et did not even that heap of shit that is dirty bomb

Attached: __suzutsuki_kantai_collection_drawn_by_yamashiki_orca_buteo__5cb4510fae79d8c729ddf591d0bac2fc.png (848x1332, 1.11M)

>funny how even when you put it like that it still sounds more skillful than any of the games listed in OP
He could have only listed Bhopping and I would still agree with you 100%

I didn't play in tournaments but I definitely played the competitive ruleset, and I've played with a friend who is leaps and bounds better than you I'm sure. Guess who doesn't play ET anymore?

Its a garbage team based shooter and will never be anything above that.

I don't give a shit if your friend is better then me this isn't even relevant to what we're talking about, also if you really think FFA quake style games ever going to make a come back you're wrong this generation is fucked, and dirty bomb managed to out live quake champion even while splash damage was dead for like 2 years just because of the entire legality bullshit with nexon and the dirty bomb IP, it's rather adapt to these shit zoomer garbage infested MTX or continue playing something you "passionate" about

Diabotical is gonna save the genre.

You act like ET has more players than Quake Shitpions. Despite being a horrible game people still play it more than ET because ET sucks harder.

can we please ban quakefags?

yeah, arena shooters take more skill and are usually more fun because they allow you to be creative
but theyre dead so lol who cares

> gross oversimplification of every genre I don't like
you got Yea Forums in one post, congrats.

your definition of dead is pretty weird, I can always find a game in my favorite arena shooters. I even still get full player servers in half-life as well as plenty of duels and 2v2 3v3 ctfs.

What is the cutoff point for being a dead game here? The perks of having a game release with the server binaries means you can always play it.

>What is the cutoff point for being a dead game here?

Less than 1k ppl playing at peak time.

>diabotical
remember toxikk? remember arena reflex? remember quake live? remember all those games that promised that we will go back to the arena shooter days? And what happened as a result? they have all flopped and abandoned and became an discord matchup games, this shit happens everytime and you're all acting surprised when your arena shooter flavor of the year dies, also on a unrelated topic fuck epic games for killing off UT2016 completely for fortnite

People being assblasted about Quakeposting because they know it's the truth. What else is new?

arena shooters are for brainlets.

quakefags are the meleefags of fps.

Thats a weird cutoff considering 1k players at any given time usually means around 11k unique players a month.

Quake Live is a glorified port, toxikk plays like Ut (see: trash), and reflex is CPM physics which fucking blows giant cock.

Diabotical has actual money and SOUL put into it with a physics ruleset that isnt retarded.

>Arena FPS games:
When the guy is in front of your cross hair, press the shoot button.

12000000 IQ shit right here.

>quake live
>discord matchup game
based clueless retard

Why does Yea Forums hate fighting games so much?

QC killed Quake

Oh nononono diabotical gonna change everything this time and i know it
I just gave an example anyway

we're all waiting for Diabotical

>playing video games

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 5K)

DIABOTICAL GONNA CHANGE EVERYTHING GUYS WE'RE GOING BACK TO THE GLORY DAYS JUST FORGET THE PAST ATTEMPTS

Is this the autist too casual to even survive a round in CS?

You're the one willfully ignoring all the glaring flaws with the past attempts.

>cs shitters coming into the thread

Your game sucks.

What past attempts? There hasn't been a good arena shooter since Quake 3 in 1999 or maybe Painkiller in 2004 (Quake Live doesn't count since it's just a Quake 3 re-release)

Diabotical looks very promising.

Sure I don't because Reflex is dead.
QC was fun for a while but I hate 1v1s there.

Imagine thinking you're good at MP video games because of the GENRE you prefer.

you got btfo in that thread quakenigger

HLDM, QW, Q3, QL all still have active players and servers. And those are just the games -I- like.

Hmm Quake is too difficult. What if we...
>slow the game down
>nerf movement
>make the game team based
>make the game round based
>remove all the pickups
>allow players to buy the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make TTK so short that anyone can frag if given enough luck
POPULAR GAME!

And then the cycle always continued from card games to battle royales. In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.

Twenty years of the series that turned skill based FPS games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le epic headshots. The fortnite of its time.

Attached: file.png (761x375, 91K)

the quakefag still mad about that thread lmao

I'm not who you think I am, and I guarantee you I'm better than you at 1.6 and GO.

13 RWS average in both games before I quit and before ESEA stopped supporting 1.6. Nothing too impressive but enough to know that CS is a garbage game compared to quake!

Lmao it is,
Go seek help.

haha you suck at fps games bro

Lets duel bro

What are the real chances that diaboltic kicks off good? If it actually becomes a success i gonna buy 5 keys of it whenever it releases and give it away on Yea Forums i have zero hope for this genre at this point even playing half life 1 is pissy easy for me and AG is dead too, im going to sleep don't expect me replying unless this thread is still up in 5 hours

I always preferred UT 99 and 2k4 over pretty mucn any other FPS, but they're basically dead at this point. I had hopes for the new UT, but Epic doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't EGS or Fortnite related, so that's that.

keep larping kid

wait bro post your steam I play half-life sometimes I've probably seen you in-game if you play on USE or Peruvian servers.

And diabotical is gonna be based.

>If it actually becomes a success i gonna buy 5 keys of it whenever it releases and give it away on Yea Forums
based

I know you faggots shit on Fortnite because it is the popular thing, I don't like it either, but you can't deny it has a high skill ceiling. Fucking shroud won't play it because the skill cap is beyond him.

>buh csfag

Nobody is going to believe you are anywhere near his level of skill.

go drink some bleach, shit for brains

Get raped twice and kill yourself, you retarded fucking tranny faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Fortnite had a higher skill ceiling earlier in the game when building playstyle wasnt neutered. It still suffers from every design flaw that typical battle royales suffer from, and no amount of videos showing pros doing well is gonna change that.

Daily reminder Yea Forums

Attached: quakefags.png (669x149, 11K)

Seek help.

im so bored of every shooter being dominated by "hero" aspects
theres no good shooter out right now
siege had promise but they went full tard

how to spot a zoomer who's only played fortnite

How to spot a Yea Forumsirgin who plays zero multiplayer games but is pretty sure he'd be great at them if he did.

Gears 4 if you like third person games. Pretty fast movespeed and fucking absurd accel, but the absurd accel compliments the low ttk weapons decently. Also has a mix of respawn and non-respawn based game modes. And runs 144fps 1080p on mid-end hardware.

wow i found one whole thing which doesn't apply

Attached: 1562193245175.jpg (1368x1488, 764K)

Explain why you think it's casual. Even going by quakefaggot whining it doesn't check any of the boxes here

now rerank them based on how shitty their respective fanbases are

dota is the true thinking mans game

Was a fun time seeing him get ass blasted.

RNG

Not him but the battle royale mechanics are inherently RNG heavy and in my opinion make for a very unfun game. The engagement rate is also very infrequent. The games are like 15-20 minutes long IIRC and you usually get like 20 kills at most unless you have a really good (and perhaps lucky with drops) game. These are all problems of the battle royale genre and are kind of hard (if not impossible) to fix.

really weak bait desu

Fortnite guns have a lot of RNG too, it's casual garbage to the highest degree.

Why do people keep mentioning Diabotical I've never even heard of it

Shills.

>can't think of a counter-argument
>calls it "bait"
let me guess, you browse /pol/ too?

intentionally not marketed until closer to release as to save as much hype as possible

Its an arena FPS game made by James "2GD" Harding. He used to be a quake 4 pro, helped develop bloodline champions, used to be a pretty big dota 2 commentator until some drama with valve.

It has movement similar to vq3. Has some unique mechanics like a dash and weird power weapons. Also some cool new game modes, like an actually interesting clan arena variant where your teams respawn timer gets higher each time someone dies, and you win the round by having every enemy be dead.

So Gimmick Royale is better than classic DOOM or Quake??
Ok Zoomer

Pretty much

Attached: 1530099208820.png (539x223, 27K)

It is, just because you grew up playing them and have an altered perspective due to association with a different time of your life doesn't make them good.

Are arena fags the same as the people who talk about 3s being the best fighting game?

Listen here you underaged fag. I've tried the big BRs; Fortnite, Apex, PUBG, Realm, Radical Heights, you name it. I didn't enjoy any of them, they were all so fucking boring.
They all have the same shit:
>Put (x) players in big, medium, or small map that either gets multiple variations or changes over time
>Drop from sky
>Find basic or decent loot at first
>Kill people and get better loot
>Die by some camper or someone better than you
>or win by being better than other people in the lobby or you had great luck
>earn nothing from winning but a simple cosmetic
>repeat

Attached: dale.jpg (567x650, 46K)

Do you also complain that people don't listen to the music you did growing up?

>oh someone made a correct argument, so lemme try to deflect it

And no, I don't. I let people listen to what they want to listen to.

>correct argument
>just stated you don't like new thing

maybe read the thread instead of posting a screencap of someone who has no idea what he's talking about

anybody wanna play quake live

>new thing
Battle royales are just free for alls where you don't respawn.

OH NONONONONONO HE THINKS I BELIEVE IN
>NEW THING BAD
>OLD THING GOLD

Holy fuckin' dick you underage'd poster. I enjoy the recent games being pumped out, even if they don't have soul into them. It's just that battle royales are so fucking boring, they're actually shit. The mindset you have is:
>POPULAR THING GOOD
>OLD THING BAD

Attached: oh god.png (842x575, 626K)

So you just don't like change?

free for all was in Quake, zoomer

Nice damage control. Have you considered maybe its the fact they are new and you no longer can associate with what the youth like. Realising you are no longer young and wasted your youth playing video games.

If you aren't good at Quake you aren't good at video games, face it

>Realising you are no longer young and wasted your youth playing video games.

now that sounds like damage control.

Change bad! Only Quake should exist! Only play Quake!

>yikes

Says the person mad that younger people didn't play the same things they did.

>change is good even if it means literally just removing everything that is fun and makes the game skillful!!!

Attached: file.png (900x729, 165K)

>117 posts
>40 IP
have sex quakecels

No! Only Quake has skill! It's skilled because I played it! I'm bad at new so no skill!

see

>playing videogames

Attached: 1551923547894.jpg (509x654, 51K)

There have been plenty of shit custom game modes in FPSs over the years. I remember playing on low grav instakill servers where everyone had a sniper with infinite ammo. It was garbage.

holy fuck how old are you

Attached: 1562200542179.jpg (1024x768, 108K)

>complaining about people playing vidya on a video game board

Attached: AirHead.png (681x638, 17K)

You think I give a h*ck? TB is dabbing on arenakeks from beyond the grave

So it's fine when Quake does it?

Arena FPS isn't the most skilled genre.
Running across the map in circles while counting 30 or 40 seconds isn't really a chess game levzl of intellect lol

I'm not a quacktard you autistic newfaggot.

>Game I never played is uncool
>Game that is relevant at this time is the cool thing

Attached: 1537099137350.jpg (667x593, 242K)

move fast mean more skill unga bunga

>jumping around waiting for power ups to spawn on a timer
>skill

lets duel

Did you stop crying now quakebabies?

>game I grew up with good
>game kids play now bad

What game

Which one of you faggots keeps making these fucking things?

quaketrannies

>says I hate battle royales
>pretty much hates everything after 2010

really makes ya' think, huh.

Attached: MurrayBoy.png (330x464, 142K)

UT 2004 is the absolute peak of arena shooter
>clean and crisp gunplay
>vivid graphic that still looks good today
>tons of game mode
>fast, split second movements
>waifus

vq3

So you admit you just hate things for being new.

Are you NA or EU?

na

I get that I worded that shit oddly, but I was saying:
>"dur u hate big genre so I assume u hate everything that came after 2010"

Attached: 1540156312888.png (1600x900, 207K)

Forgot to mention the killer soundtrack.

Shucks.

bro we can take turns playing us east and europe

>Bethesda left Quake Champions to die
>Epic abandoned UT4 development once Fortnite got huge
>Tribes was summarily executed by their dev to chase MOBAs

Are there any heroes left in man?

me happy with vr (: Me also like mk11 cuz i good at it Me like tf2. Me happy cuz me know what me like

Attached: i like vr.jpg (1534x597, 159K)

>all the text describes rts as highly skill intensive
>pics are a joke
Make your mind up, faggot.
>the game is devoid of strategy
A) Not every rts is starcraft
B) Regardless, a game's meta is literally defined as a collection of known strategies. Every single move in chess possible is known, yet the game still has strategy, you unevolved monkey.

Attached: 252.png (480x452, 345K)

that shit was too fucking fast for me
people jumping across the map and headshotting everyone
it was chaos

>Quakeniggers shouting and screaming that CS is casual
>CSfaggots calling Quakeniggers old fashioned boomers who do nothing but nostalgiafag
>mfw I like both games equally

Attached: dabonquakeniggersandcsfags.jpg (750x1000, 54K)

I report every post shilling that dumb shit redditbotical for unrelated spam and advertising because that's what it is.

>playing video games
yikes

>thinks there are people shilling a game in a niche game that won't be released for years
take your meds

Go back to your discord shill and choke on 2gds dick

can someone explain to me how quake takes skill I tried watching a 1v1 on youtube but I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds without getting a head ache it's just a meme fortnite takes more skill

Do you hate quakefags now, Yea Forums?

why wont any of you play quake with me

most of this board were born after 9/11 how many do you think have ever played Quake or anything resembling an arena shooter?

it's better than cs:go

Yea Forums is five (5) groups

Newfags #1: People who shit on quake, despite never playing it
Newfags #2: People who praise quake, despite never playing it
Oldfags #1: People who praise quake, and have played it
Oldfags #2: People who hate quake, and have played it

and then there's people who don't give two shits, and is on neither side.
But this thread is:
Oldfags 1
Newfags 1
and people who dont care

Why does based Quake make casuals seethe so hard?

>fighting games
>coin flip

Attached: 1519183798491.gif (400x243, 928K)

Honestly the group who jerk off about it but don't play it is the worst group

how would you know if they play it or not?

Because they post on Yea Forums about it.

Quakefags hate based ET. Cringe.

ET is casual and worse compared to Quake even if it's better than literally every other game OP mentioned.

Ok quaketranny

Quakefags belong in reddit desu.

git gud

Yeah you should git gud at ET. quaketranny.

Right, we all should play visual novel dating sims like Fire Emblem and Persona like faggot OP does.
>inb4 haha fell for muh bait

Its obvious you dont like other fps games and games in general quakecucks and the best thing is that you suck at them.
I recommend staying on /vr/ permanently.

Also stop shilling Diabotical.

why? it's gonna save afps bros

game I like requires skill
game I don't like is no skill

Attached: 1539997157090.gif (640x480, 587K)

bump

Kys quakenigger

>that fighting game section
What about Samurai Shodown?

anything that reminds them of their incompetence is not okay

If you play video games you're a normie.

this

That image is old as fuck

based newfag redditor

Quaketrannies should be hanged.

dilate

Get fucked quaketard