Imagine if Smash fans played other fighting games

Imagine if Smash fans played other fighting games

>Oh great, another fisty character fuck Capcom we have enough characters that punch in the game

Attached: dudley-3rd.jpg (900x670, 74K)

smashfags are mentally ill

Street fighter fans complain a lot about shotoclones because they all play the same

So what's wrong about complaining about all those swordman that have a B+Down counter?

>Street fighter fans complain a lot about shotoclones because they all play the same
No they don't. They're accepted as a character type like any other.

Fuck off. Smash is a mascot game. Get your anime edge boys out of here. I don't care if they technically "play" different, I want more monsters, cute animals, giant robots, and whatever else that isn't a JRPG protagonist.

SF fans don't complain about Shotos. They're the most popular character archetype. It's like complaining about grapplers.

Play CvS 2
Play MvC

>Imagine if Smash fans played other fighting games
Smash isn't a fighting game to begin with, and Smash fans are either severely autistic or have some sort of mental disability
What regular and well-rounded person would take a children's party game featuring Nintendo characters so seriously?

>Street fighter fans complain a lot about shotoclones

Only shit like Evil Ryu/""""Kage""""" because he's boring as shit thematically since he's just the middle ground between Akuma and Ryu, but even he has a more distinct playstyle in recent games.

Sagat was one of the most requested characters for a reason.

the difference is street fighter is a street fighter game. the gimmick of smash is different characters and making them play differently and how they work in the game against other characters. that gets really boring when there's 7 fire emblem sword down b characters, and like 5 non fire emblem characters that play and look jsut like the FE ones.

It's less about their fighting type and more about how Sakurai makes most of them play the same.

Dedede is technically part of the same class, with his main damage output being a long hurtbox weapon but people are okay with him because he's different from any other sword/weapon users.

>the gimmick of smash is different characters and making them play differently

Is that why the most shameless copycat characters are in Smash as opposed to any other fighting game?

Attached: 1542418452195.jpg (446x598, 20K)

Imagine thinking that Joker getting in over Jack Frost is justified

Go back to watching Alpharad masturbate on camera

that's not the reason why, but it's the reason people complain about copy/pastes in smash more than any other fighting game

also smash isn't a fighting game

Smash Bros isn't really a fighting game, though. It sort of can be one, but for millions of people it's first and foremost a mascot crossover party game. It's "that game where you can be Pikachu and throw bombs at Donkey Kong". It has a strong history of beloved characters, which come in many different forms. When you dilute the shit out of it with a huge number of anime swordsmen (that most people do not even recognize) with similar movesets, it makes sense that some would feel at least a little bit disappointed.

And besides, doesn't it make sense for people to PUNCH each other in a fighting game? A better comparison would be if Street Fighter VI suddenly added a bunch of characters who all used guns and looked separate from the rest of the cast.

The problem isn't that characters have a sword.
The problem is that there's only like three types of sword movesets (Link, Marth, Ike) that get continuously recycled.

I play Smash and can play Blazblue, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Virtua Fighter 5 competetively. Suck shit.

fpbp

the whole fucking point of smash has been the roster ever since brawl

>Street fighter fans complain a lot about shotoclones because they all play the same
LOL

But Smash isnt a figthin game

Its the best game ever!

although, to be fair, not any more, thats now brawhalla

>a mascot game
It's a videogame character game, not all of them are mascots, and lots of videogame characters, specially the main ones, also happen to use swords. It just happens that in smash specifically a good chunk of them ended up with the same base moveset (Link and Marth).

>BlazBlue
>Pokken
>UNIST
>TFH
Smash is great but I dont stick to just that. I' m admittedly just average in the above, though.

>Link
To be fair that's only cause Link has 3 clones.

Link himself is varied as a sword user since his whole thing is his utility belt.

But a character who fights with their fists is completely in line with the idea of a fighting game.

This.

If they put an axe-wielder in the game it'd be decent, but instead it's always just another Fire Emble pointy-stick swinger.

Obviously, but that's not the point, his base moveset is still present in 2 other characters with minimum variation, and in Marth's case, 3 more characters, that's what makes the roster feel so saturated of samey swordmen.

Corrin is simultaneously the most shitty choice of a character and the least shitty swordman except Robin(until Hero) because it's not just a sword even in the non special attacks.

But why is a swordman using their sword a shitty thing? To reference the OP, that's like complaining about a boxer character for not using kicks.

I do though.
Don’t give a fuck what gets put in as long as it’s fun.

Dunno, people say "varity" then accept without problems character that punch and kick in the same way as any other. I never played Fates so i can't say anything about the character, but i saw a boy/girl with a cool armor and transformation, a lance, a chainsaw and a fucking evil Kirby hand so i liked it immediately.

I did, retard, and it's one of the greatest.

Attached: jojo's venture.png (384x224, 29K)

>anime edge boys
aside from Dark Pit, who is a parody of those kinds of characters, which perceived "sword users" are edgy?