What does Yea Forums think about this? Are more and more people starting to realize that the steam 30% cut is outrages?

What does Yea Forums think about this? Are more and more people starting to realize that the steam 30% cut is outrages?

Attached: Paradox.png (965x361, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/bkZEDZMhzYyTyLfkmdXnYg==/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/TTIc8w98eEMJyqrqZUv2oA==/
pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-ACO-Radeon-Shader-Compile
codeweavers.com/about/blogs/aeikum/2019/3/27/how-proton-helped-improve-wine-42
codeweavers.com/about/blogs/jwhite/2018/8/22/wine-and-steam-a-major-milestone
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-Funding-KWin-Work
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont care, im not a game developer

>publisher cares about money
whoopity doo

As a game dev who recently had his teams game released on epic as exclusive I agree with them. Steam gains way too much for the little they offer to the indie devs.

>If your game is released on steam it gets little to no advertisement
>They accept any games so this creates an influx of horrible rpgmakerish shit shoved into the store making it hard to find decent games like ours
>Sell much less because of this
> grey market codes are sold and you don't profit over any of it all because of steam codes
>steam has tons of half assed features nobody uses and thinks this justifies the 30% cut (voice chat when discord is superior, streaming when twitch is superior, etc.)

It's just not worth it for the average game dev anymore. Only big titles gain from this.

>to find decent games like ours

Attached: Babby.jpg (600x597, 42K)

I mean they could always go to epic, that way Sweeney can pay for all my pirated games

>Paradox
They're just being greedy fucks as always

Attached: Jupe.jpg (226x180, 9K)

>retard acting like Steam is bad can't speak English

Attached: 1562090761260.jpg (783x713, 64K)

If people are paying for it, the price is fair enough. Especially when it comes to utterly unessential goods and services like video games and their distribution.

This is definitely bait but please post your game
Those horrible rpgmaker games are probably better if you had to take the guaranteed sales over actual sales

call me when egs offers every feature steam does and still takes less money.

Attached: 1469586248552.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

>decent games like ours
Come on man at least don't make it this obvious

Compared what they get from retail, PC's 70% is a heavensend.

Attached: 1453317356096.jpg (526x319, 34K)

How is that bait when everything said is true?

I think taking a company's word that truncates its products into chunks that add up to over a dozen times the original asking price of a base product, is a tad bit disingenuous.

Steam itself is the biggest marketplace and storefront option out there. The fact that you're on Steam will guarantee at least some sales. No one goes to game stores or Walmarts to get computer games anymore, distribution is nearly all digital. 30 is a bit much but it's better than 100% of fucking nothing.

>the most outrageously DLC-happy fucked up PC publisher also complains about not getting enough money for their shit practices
fuck Paradox

Steam is dying more and more everyday and it's way too bloated right now.

Well, I mean, he's right, if he really has a game on EGS it's probably more decent than the mobile puzzle and RPGmaker visual novels that swarm on Steam.

Actually, the EGS would be pretty good if they didn't steal games from the surface of the world, turning people away.

>If your game is released on steam it gets little to no advertisement
First point immediately boils down to just pure retardation, but fair enough I guess.

Well less cut for epic means less money into infrastructure. less into secruity, less into options. Yeah i'll take steam.

Would had more weight behind it if it didn't come from "Nickle and Dime": The Company, they have no fucking right saying what is and isn't outrageous pricing with the business practices they themselves have.

>tencent has a stake in paradox too

Attached: 9af-1.png (680x560, 416K)

I don't think the EGS will last, primarily because as soon as there's even the slightest sign that money isn't coming in endless waves, Epic will probably shit it pants and burn everything down around itself all over again. You're currently looking at a company that looks like it feels embarrassed of every game they've made prior to fucking Fortnite.

post game or GTFO

>Steam
>dying
And what, pray tell, is eating away at it? The only reason it's losing any customer base is because Fortnite is on EGS and Epic is literally bribing companies to make their games exclusive on their platform. Well, plenty of people are crying foul, there's a perception issue, companies are catching on to the perception issue, so on and so forth.

Besides that GOG and Blizz have their own niches, and don't eat much into Steam's ecosystem. It's just EGS, and they're on a VERY unsustainable path. Fortnite cannot fund them forever. It's a BR game. How many of those got boring and got abandoned later down the line?

They more than make up for that with their Sims-tier slough of garbage DLCs in each of their games

Doesnt post game cause you know its shit
Or
Lying like a baiter

Fortnite is already more relevant to gaming that anything Valve has ever put out. Nothing they've done in the past 30 years amounts to 1/10th of Fortnite and nobody cares nowadays what they've done anyway. Steam will die because it's a boomer storefront.

When EGS came out, there was this article somewhere where they literally said 8% revenue split wasn't sustainable. Strange that we don't see that plastered everywhere on Yea Forums, was it fake?

Paradox has their own store, where they get 100% cut. Yet they still sell on Steam. Must be worth the 30% cut or they wouldn't be there.

>boomer storefront.
But boomers loath Steam because it's the reason Lootboxes, DRM and social integration in games popularized.

It was taken down, because it was proven to be nothing but Steam propaganda.

> grey market codes are sold and you don't profit over any of it all because of steam codes
Are you a retard? The only codes that work are the ones you generate and sell off to other retailers. If you didn't put in an order for codes, then no codes would work. Steam has an ENTIRE guide about how to optimally order codes to prevent people from stealing them.

All of his points boil down to pure retardation.

>paradox
they charge you $200 minimum to play the definitive edition of their fucking games, who cares what they say? they're only upset that they're not seeing the full $200 from every single player like the actual jews they are

I want to see GameStop in the timeline where Paradox stock shelf after shelf of $30 DLC DVD cases and still got as bloated and fat without Steam.

>more and more devs and publishers realize Steam is going down and not worth it anymore
>games sell well on Epic even if VaIvedrones thought they would flop
>Epic store will only become bigger and bigger and draw more people to them
PC gaming...we're going home.

Attached: 1558100574430.jpg (550x627, 45K)

>for the little they offer

Attached: 1560133111236.jpg (673x570, 73K)

>owned by Tencent
much like this thread

Probably not a retard but a good troll for sure

>developer
*publisher
This correction really needs to get spread around, even drones on reddit should be able to recognize such blatantly misleading language, right?

I do agree it's definitely a worse deal for indies than it is for bigger companies. The latter at least stand somewhat head and shoulders above the rest because they have their own marketing machines to work with, in the meantime an indie game with no advertisement budget has to compete for space in what's essentially the shovelware section.

They still popup in new releases, and if they're good they'll spread like wildfire through the friends list showing what people are playing.

>Paradox
They just want more money now that they're publishing shitty games

>company charges 500+ dollars for DLC they blatantly cut out of the game
>"wahhh steam is too greedy"

Takes a crook to know a crook.

Attached: 1542312967702.png (546x608, 317K)

the whole point of being a drone is to ignore those things user

Every marketplace quickly becomes an oversaturated shithole, even with curation. There's only an advantage to being on Epic right now because it's in its infancy, where there's nothing to compete against. Devs saw the same boosts on stuff like the Switch eshop early on, and now no one gives a shit about that either. And with Epic it's only if you manage to get on it, because the thing is in such a sad state that they can literally only add a handful of games per week. They're only going to add indies when they have nothing bigger to add for the week. If you manage to get on then you'll see the same benefits you'd have seen jumping on any new marketplace quick, just with the added risk that you may never get on it and sit around making 88% of $0 instead of 70% of more than $0. Also, if the Epic store is in such a pathetic state now, where they're scrambling to implement things like a shopping cart or search function, they're a decade behind on Valve's targeted advertising that straight up looks at what people play and tries to push games they're likely to buy in front of them. With Epic, every week that goes by you're surrounded by more and more shit with no hope of standing out more.

It's great if you happen to get on it RIGHT NOW or Epic straight up cuts you a check, but it has zero long-term sustainability.

Attached: truth.jpg (225x225, 10K)

And before the Switch the "boosts" were on the PS4. I consider it more a "Early Adopter Bonus" then anything.

The quality of Steam's infrastructure means that Valve could take a larger cut and no-one would complain too much.

dude your "decent" game is the same as that rpgmaker game.
sturgeon's law in full effect.

Well, they can always sell their games with 0% cut on their site.

>Quality

Lmao yeah especially with those steam sale race going on such good quality.

lol Paradox can go fuck themselves with this bullshit, they make asstons of money with their blatant DLC kikery.

>>herp derp epik totes gunna rpelace teh staeams lol!
Yeah no. The only thing the EGS is doing is pissing people off and making piracy popular again.

Steam wants devs to pay the most because they want the best cut and most profit

Steam drones want devs to pay the most because... they're corporate boot lickers?

Attached: mcwy.jpg (800x800, 64K)

Attached: monopoly.png (2117x1835, 957K)

Nah, because then they'd have to start "realizing" that the 30% digital cut on consoles is also outrageous and stop releasing games there, which we all know they never will.

Fuck Paradox and fuck their DLC practices.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: gmg2.jpg (1381x990, 135K)

>Comparing a console to a botnet on the computer

>Steam is a monopoly
>Show it isn't

>$80
Thanks daddy Epic, I sure am glad you have full reign of the pricing. Thank god the devs will be paid more after the publishers get their larger cut... right?

>Not a monopoly
>Can't give away Steam keys to a game (Shenmue 3) unless it's being sold on the store

>Paradox
>one of the biggest DLC jews who take parts of their game just to sell later

If good game releases are so rare on steam, your supposed 'good' game would have been put on the front page. You know it was shit and wouldn't get any exposure, so you went for the guaranteed money. Kill yourself.

>Why won't they let the devs use the infrastructure for free

What?

But that's what Steamfags argue you can do by "selling da key for 100% of da profits!!!!1" (which GMG and Humble do not do)

It's not steam's job to advertise your nonexistent game for you.

Reminder that Steam and most storefronts handle payment processor fees but Epic doesn't.

Yes, you can sell Steam keys for 100% of profits as long as the game is selling on Steam. Are you retarded?

>That randomized 4 letter filename
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/bkZEDZMhzYyTyLfkmdXnYg==/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/TTIc8w98eEMJyqrqZUv2oA==/

>the steam 30% cut
Why are you calling it the "Steam" cut when almost every platform takes 30%?

GOG always existed and devs used it as well. It's just easier to get your games released through steam so everyone used it.

>Yes, you can sell Steam keys for 100% of profits as long as the game is selling on Steam.
>as long as the game is selling on Steam.

You see the problem and why refunding homos aren't getting their Shenmue 3 on Steam.

So does this mean I can buy and play those game without having to install Steam and agree to the ToS?

>discord
>twitch
Consider unbreathing.

>GOG always existed and devs used it as well. It's just easier to get your games released through steam so everyone used it.

GOG doesn't have the infrastructure to handle games like Dark Souls because they'd rather be Steams bitch boy than actually compete.

Yes... with the caveat that the game must also be sold on Steam. This isn't that complex user.

>wah wah stum won't advertise muh gayme from their 30%
>what's the game, user?
>proceeds to go silent
You can't even to advertise your game to a bunch of anons and you still have the guts to say your game is decent?

What does that have to do with the market? That's the means of launching and playing the game. Purchasing a game through not-Steam does not give Steam money.

>So does this mean I can buy and play those game without having to install Steam and agree to the ToS?

Attached: 1449931545783.png (920x900, 227K)

Steam is dying in the same sense that "the planet" is dying.

>Look, I'm pretending to be a retard on the internet... AGAIN!

Attached: le-epic-troll-5addd1[1].jpg (600x424, 41K)

That's like saying that Mario Odyssey is not an exclusive game to the Switch because I can buy the game at Game Stop.

Artifact is dying in the same sense that Steam is dying.

Attached: artifact steam.jpg (1631x346, 89K)

>that pic
Prices are set by the sellers, not Steam. Moreover, way back in 2004 PC games WERE less expensive than their console counterparts. Sometimes nearly half the price due to how much money you could make on Steam over console.

Are you retarded?

Why the fuck does that fat cunt look familiar?

>due to how much money you could make on Steam over console.
Steam didn't start selling third party games until 2005 user.
PC games were cheaper because PC didn't have any associated licensing fees for you to sell your game, unlike consoles (especially Nintendo consoles).
Now all that shit is thrown out the window so publishers can make more dosh.

Oh no, he's retarded

What exactly is your point user? Why, you want Steam to generate Steam keys for games that aren't selling on their store?

Didn't mean to say Steam. Not sure why I did.

How is that at all related to what you're replying to? Are you arguing that Nintendo has a Monopoly over games for its platform, because no matter which store you purchase it from, it has to be played on a Nintendo console? Market exclusivity (EGS) is not the same as platform exclusivity. You, like most of the disingenuous trolls that praise Epic, are conflating stores with platforms. Again.

if 30% is too high, host it on your own website and use a key system you whiny little shits. You're not entitled to a launcher service.

Here at Paradox we like money
Now buy DLC

That's what everyone is starting to do, they go over to Epic instead because of the over the top prices at Steam.

>Steam gains way too much for the little they offer to the indie devs.
as a gamer, i wholeheartedly agree - many indie devs fucked off the platform, being flooded by absolute shit from slavistan asset flippers.
Farsky devs - gone (last title sold fuck-all), Thalamus devs - will likely bite the dust (their latest Koral didn't sell), Amanita - famous inie stud - their Cuckel (formerly Chuchel) barely sold 10k copies. Those fuckers used to sell hundreds of thousands of copies per title!

I hate Epic's aggressive expansion but Steam needs to get its shit together and stop asset-flip trash entering store by the hundreds.

>should steam give indie devs special treatment?
>no, unless it's me

Fine then, why are they still bitching if a working solution is already a stone's throw away

>search Cuckel on Google
>Nothing related to any games
>search Cockel game on Google
>Nothing related to the game, but Chucklefish shows up
It's almost as if they didn't think at all about SEO

>Put game on steam
>Don't worry about distribution, servers, forums, workshop, updates, etc

While 30% may be a bit steep, it's not like the game doesn't get the full treatment. Whether it's 50 cent fuckaround Indie titles or full priced AAA, it's distributed equally.

Because their games sell like shit on Epic, because all EGS customers want is Fortnite. So they double down and try to make people feel guilty for still using Steam, in the hopes it will drive more users to the sinking ship they gambled on.

just read the post from pov of an actual decent studio.
The platform provides chance only if the devs already have following, but little to no time for expansion of the audience for any new title w/ effort.

>Paradox "500 DLC" Interactive worried about earnings
kek

What's this meme that you can't find any games on steam among the asset flips? I've literally never seen one on the front page, never had one recommended to me, never seen it in the curator lists etc. The only ONLY time I ever see asset flips is from clickbait youtubers that only know about it because their dicklickers recommended it to make a funny video.

also steam pays VAT in countries that have it, not the company, and in general steam pay the tax on purchases.

I will never use Epic. I like steam because they put a lot of effort into supporting Linux. If that's what 30% of my money is going to, stuff like that, then it's fine by me.

If you want 100% profits, sell your game on your website DRM free, I will happily buy it that way. Otherwise you can fuck off

>it takes effort to establish an audience
You don't say?

Steam could make 100 Artiflops and still have money leftover to buy Ebin store.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Retards look for asset flips on steam to shitpost so steam's algorithms think that's what they're actually interested in. Then they start seeing more asset flip that they use to shitpost and think that's all there is. It's a self manufactured problem.

riddle me this - if the algorithm doesn't recommend hundreds of new shit games that nobody touched, how the fuck can it find, among all the shit, one new good game that nobody touched and recommend it?
Hint it can't: few new good games are swept under the rug, along with gallons of septic pus that is asset flips, unless a dev ready to shell out ~100k to hire 2-3 popular streamers to shill their game so that some buy it first... Then the algorithm starts recommending it to others (sadly, many indies don't have marketing budget)

OH NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Attached: Epic.png (930x480, 498K)

Nope

pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/

I love the Steam drone fantasy fiction you guys write.

Sure based retard cope more

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-17-22-51-23-875_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x384, 76K)

Steam store being the entirety of your marketing strategy probably means you have a debilitating brain disease.
You might as well self-publish at that point.

>according to (((Bloomberg)))
Dilate

WE THREE KINGS BE STEAMIN' THE DRONES

Attached: three kings gold.jpg (1377x2003, 234K)

>Tim = Ebin
>Gabe = Steam
really big brain post there
never mind that Gabe's networth is entirely unknown

Wow, the CEO of Epic pays himself an unreasonably high salary. So greedy. Why not cut your paycheck and make your publisher cut competitive with the stores that have better cuts Sweeny?

Yes, actually, 2 other launchers are on there, and a few of those are DRM free

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

that's how it operated before 2013 and it was a successful business, as well as viable platform for small indies to gain attention purely on merits of the game.

Holy this cope is on another lvl get a grip or you might kys after steam dies like really

>Steam drones
>Ever coping

That's why there's so many arguments now, they can't believe a store could be as successful as Steam and it bothers them

>As a game dev who recently had his teams game released on epic as exclusive
Nobody cares what you think subhuman.

Fucking based another thread another lose for the steam tards we are slowly taking over bros

Attached: 1556787984063m.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

Dilate

Yeah man, why doesn't he just buy some llamas and chill? Fucking Steam boomers, am I right?

Attached: jone.png (738x669, 177K)

Attached: epic GAY store.png (800x800, 13K)

Why are people here supporting the EGS again? Is it simply contrarianism?

Basato

They are the good guys, valve turned into a milking machine

>the 70/30 split is outrageous
>meanwhile

Attached: file.png (659x793, 105K)

Contrarians and fortnite zoomers.

It's just ebin shitposting and contrarian faggots, the rest are seething Reddit Life fags

It's because it's actually called Chuchel.

Oh, it's that one company that got known through throwing their games at the oldschool humble bundles at every opportunity. Are you saying the one game they didn't put any effort into advertising (and yes, Humble Bundles were a solid means of advertisement) failed?

I'm not him.

Steam gives me proton, steam input, steam link, cloud saves and all that jazz so why should I as a consumer be mad about the split?

Attached: 1552697978862.png (1058x685, 1.44M)

The problem with your riddle is Epic simply don't want you if you're an unproven developer. They just don't. Rejected, fuck off literally anywhere else. Anyone they would accept would be, as you mention, at the level where they could get mentions on gaming sites and from youtubers/streamers. At least valve will give you a chance, it's up to you what you do with it.

>(and yes, Humble Bundles were a solid means of advertisement)
Not just that, the only reason you know Machinarium exists is because its main character- whose name you wouldn't know otherwise, and I've fucking played it- is in meat boy. You didn't even know who made that game until now.

>PARADOX
>"THIS BUSINESS PRACTICE IS OUTRAGEOUS"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: You.jpg (520x600, 67K)

>the only reason you know Machinarium exists is because its main character is in meat boy
Bullshit.
>whose name you wouldn't know otherwise, and I've fucking played it
True.

>their latest Imperator:Rome has only 38% positive reviews
heh

whats your game I wanna pirate it

>Pretending to care about developers when it only benefits publishers
Double nigger

Paradox is both a developer and a publisher.

Let's see your game then fag if it's so great you won't care about it being judged

>No reviews
>No voice chat
>No community forums
>No workshop
>No screenshot sharing
>No wishlist
>No game tags
>No discovery queue
>No one-click online streaming
>No h-games
>No music category
>No software category
>No video category
>No linux support
>No mac support
>No regional pricing
>No payment option variety
>No marketplace
>No trading cards
>No trading
>No user profile customization
>No achievements
>No controller support
>No family sharing
>No overlay with browser
>No client skinning support
>No controller-friendly mode
>No local network gameplay streaming
>No cloud saves
>No backup feature
>No adding third party games to your list
>No third party key registration
>No reason to use Epic Store

Attached: 1553361326785.png (1199x590, 183K)

I only knew of it through Humble, I never played Super Meat Boy, but nice try.

Factorio has sold over a million copies. Indie devs are fine.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-ACO-Radeon-Shader-Compile
codeweavers.com/about/blogs/aeikum/2019/3/27/how-proton-helped-improve-wine-42
codeweavers.com/about/blogs/jwhite/2018/8/22/wine-and-steam-a-major-milestone
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Valve-Funding-KWin-Work

Why doesn't Tim help people fight the microsoft menace with his infinite fortnite moneys? Valve funds a crap ton of open source development nowdays..

Attached: 1541594444049.jpg (802x854, 203K)

>No mac support
Bullshit. The rest still is very true.

people are not using 90% of that shit. Why would I want that when all I want is to play the game?

i'm not a developer. (though i agree that steam's currently offered free-for-all model might be the only hance, unless devs will pitch epic the title so good, they'll instantly grab their game)

Valve is the reason PC gaming exists today. Far bigger than anything Epic has ever done.

Because the only reason he criticized Microsoft (Universal Windows Platform) flopped hard.

Valve is the reason PC gaming is DEAD today.

Because Epic has no games for you to play.

>No regional pricing
They do have it. That's why Bloodlines was so cheap in Russia in that infamous sale.

Explain how it's dead. It's making more money than ever, ports are way better, and the game selection is way better. I've only been playing on PC since 2001 though, so what do I know.

>Timmy Tencent fucks off to consoles because "PC GAMING IS DEAD ONLY PIRATES WAH WAH WAH"
>Gabe Chadwell revitalizes PC gaming and builds the largest digital distribution platform in the world
>Timmy Tencent comes crawling back and people start torrenting again because of his shit practices
>WOW PC GAMING IS DEAD

Valve is the reason why we have soulless aaa bullshit and trash indie games, you fucking subhuman,jewben literally killed pc gaming.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1557948117680.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Gaming got bigger you brainlet, it's like saying china is great because it was a shithole back then

You dipshit stupid ass retarded shit for brains faggot it's consoles and the niggers that buy them and their games that shit up the market don't fucking post unless you actually know what's going on you half dead triple decker nigger faggot

>devs generate the grey market codes
>cry because they lose money

>Developers from Epic shill Epic at a panel

>soulless aaa bullshit
That are also on consoles.
>trash indie games
Those existed since always.
Only that time and servers going down erased them from history (and usually were free).

*PC gaming got bigger because of Valve
fixed it for you buddy

>Valve is the reason why we have soulless aaa bullshit
Most of that garbage isn't even *on* Steam to begin with, and these practices came to being on consoles thanks to Timmy Tencent leading the charge away from PC.

You fucking subhuman get your brain straight, consoles were evens stronger back then, the 30% just killed off all uprising talents.

Also no integrated wine with vulkan improvements. Proton allowed me to finally ditch windows for good.

Attached: 1533254424561.jpg (953x1200, 272K)

>Must of the trash is not even on steam
Stop lying just check out the upcoming release section of steam subhuman

0,76%.

>ports are way better
That's the thing, PC gaming is only getting ports and exclusive multiplayer games today

Explain why it has more games than all other consoles combined.

Attached: Screenshot_20190629-065002.png (2048x1204, 620K)

>the 30% just killed off all uprising talents
Terraria, Mount and Blade, Space Engineers, Super Meat Boy, Bindinf of Isaac, hundreds more "uprising talents" that made it just fine despite the 30% cut. Hmmmm, looks like GOOD games CAN thrive in this environment, while all the shit gets culled. Sounds like...capitalism? Let's go back to town and hand in this quest, Roach!

>Why are people here supporting the EGS again? Is it simply contrarianism?

It's you, it's you fucking Steam drones that made me do this. Now I love using Steam (team corgi ftw), but you motherfuckers have turned me into the Epic Store defender, otherwise you all exist as Yongyea sheep who only hate Epic because you're an idiot who only believes half truths to make Epic look bad and Steam look good.

>15 years ago
>"omg! we need to get on steam because is so much more fair than retail. On retail we only get 5-10% per unit sold. But with steam, They cover server costs, hosting costs, data and everything else! and we get 70%!"
>7 years ago
>"Steam is still very good to us. We love not paying patch fee's, all the steam features keep people coming back and they just keep adding more and more features that people use, and it keeps them in the store! plus we're still getting 70% per unit while retail is STILL only giving us around 8%
>today
>"FUCK STEAM! ITS UNREASONABLE FOR THEM TO GET 70%. SURE, RETAIL STILL ONLY GETS US 5-8% PER UNIT AND WE STILL TRUMPET RETAIL NUMBERS LIKE THEY MATTER, BUT FUCK STEAM! WE WANT MORE! SURE THE STORE THAT GIVES US MORE IS LITERALLY WORSE IN EVERY CONVIABLE WAY FOR THE CUSTOMER, BUT WHAT THE FUCK DO THE CUSTOMERS KNOW. WE NEED MORE MONEY BECAUSE REASONS. ALSO DONT BRING UP HOW GOOD IT WAS UP UNTIL 13 MONTHS AGO AND THERE WAS NO EPIC STORE!"

Attached: 1561668123822.jpg (300x300, 54K)

>Shitty indie pixel games now count as quality gaming.

>Chinese nigger calling anyone subhuman
Go eat a dog, chigger.

>all other consoles combined
Based retard.

Less retarded niggers filling support forums.

Attached: 1536985246462.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

Valve literally killed all pc exclusives with their bullshit

>Complains about inane shit that no one in their right mind uses anywhere/replaced by superior programs

Wait, did Epic get shopping cart at some point?

>said no one ever.

Despite being only 1% of the market share, they make...

Mount and blade is literally founded by the turkish government, it's literally the only big relevant pc exclusive, the rest of your game list is filled with powered by epic games tho based retard

All console games are pixel games.

Attached: 36727b7a8b0a5fc61807175147a88aec.jpg (490x473, 28K)

Anyone saw my ninja daggers?

Digital distribution in 2004 consisted of waiting 10 or more minutes for you to get to the front of an arbitrary download queue and hitting DOWNLOAD NOW in time before you got sent to the back unless you paid for some site's shitty version of Premium which magically let you skip queues. Then you had to hope that your download didn't shit out and the .exe worked

Steam got popular after they worked through their shitty start because it let people avoid having to deal with 30 different websites with shitty download speeds and let them manage their library from one centralized place across numerous computers.

Pretty sure all video games are made of pixels

it was tim sweeny's twitter post

So PC is known for its pixel games because it has the most pixels?

>Paradox
The 70/30
>releases overpriced DLC
revenue
>releases DLC that destroys the game's balance
split is
>releases more DLC to fix the destruction of old DLC
outrageous!
>releases Imperator: Rome which is blatantly broken, unfinished and shitty as fuck

fucking PARADOX is a good name for that company because those are the riddles in which they communicate with us

>said no one ever.
literally what they are saying right now. They dont need 85% per unit. they WANT 85-100% per unit for more profit, but they dont need it and 30% isnt unreasonable in any way shape or form.

Infact, its more than reasonable given that
>Sony takes 30%
>M$ takes 30%
>Apple takes 30%
>Android takes 30%
>Nintendo takes 30%
And no ones bitching about them. GoG and others take around the same amount and further than that, retail (who they dont bitch about at all) STILL cut so deep into their per unit costs, they would need to sell 7-8 units per 1 digitial on steam for the same profit. Even epic themselves have gone on record saying they cant keep the 15% up

What he specifically said is that they had to charge the player in some countries.

B-but valve doesn't REALLY de anything.

It blows my mind that Epic managed to fuck up the very thing they proposed when you go the store: Games with a cheaper price compared to Steam.

They went full agressive retard, by making exclusivity deals around the time the games would be released and removing from Steam. Imagine when Microsoft bought these new studios, they decided to cancel the PS4 and Switch ports of the games that were in the near end of development and remove the previous ones from the competitors' stores.

It would have been more acceptable if they did with unnannounced games, because they could say that developers used to make the games mostly exclusive to steam and key resellers without receiving a penny for that, and that all you have to do is create a new accont and download a launcher.

>underaged newfag on Yea Forums CAN'T EVEN SPELL OUTRAGEOUS
Fucking retarded epic shill

I can't really take that seriously considering it's fucking Parajew saying it.

>Paradox "300 dollary doos of DLC" Interactive
>calling anyone greedy

Attached: 1559442171191.gif (320x286, 796K)

>Little to no advertisement
Thats bullshit and you'll end up having the same issue on Epic once every shitty indie dev hops ship to that platform instead. So enjoy the same issue of being handwaved over because of oversaturation. Its already happening on the fucking Nintendo Switch because they're bringing in too many shitty indie games. Stop acting like indie oversaturation is exclusively a Steam probably you retarded fucks.

>People still don't realize that EGS is offering a lower split so that they can move in on the market, establish themselves, and then jack the split up once they can say to devs that their platform is needed.
Wow.
I thought at least some of you would understand basic economics.

.. You're not wrong.

The cut could be 0% and publishers would call it "outrageous" that they aren't getting bonus royalties from the store just for being on the catalog.

There is no winning with these shits.

>Thats bullshit and you'll end up having the same issue on Epic once every shitty indie dev hops ship to that platform instead
That won't happen because of two reasons:
1. Epic rejects anything from indies that don't have a pedegree and even games that had a good Metacritic score.
2. Going Epic only is basically a kiss of death.

Reminder that Paradox had their first party store (GamersGate) that they left so they could be Steam only. Fuck them.

This. The cut goes from 30 to 12 but the games don't get cheaper and the service gets worse.

How, as the end user, does this benefit me? It doesn't benefit me.

Reminder that you go on Epic if you're not confident with your game.