Darli Dagger
Earthquake
Wu Ruixiang
>Low tier:
Kyoshiro
Nakoruru
>Trash tier:
Shiki

Attached: samsho ukyo.jpg (800x452, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/experimilk/status/1145905704794021888?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=3-JUa7Oo6M0&feature=youtu.be&t=4884
youtube.com/watch?v=ISh2tFQh1NY
youtube.com/watch?v=3evZnZ84GJc
youtube.com/watch?v=FbOs7fvcKVs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Shit tier:
Ukyo
Tam Tam
Genjuro
Haomaru
Galford
Hanzo
Yoshitara
Yashamaru
Charlotte
Jubei
Darli Dagger
Earthquake
Wu Ruixiang
Kyoshiro
Nakoruru
Shiki

Play a game that doesn't suck.

Attached: Samurai Shodown - Ukyo Tachibana.webm (1920x1080, 2.51M)

(YOU)

This has got to be the most boring fightan game ever made. It's like pure anti-hype.

Have you played it yet?
People around here used to put so much hype on DB fighter Z and its absolutely trash.

Charlotte, medium tier?

Yeah. My roommate bought it and I played twice at my weeklies. It's already drying up like grandma's pussy.

Can't be more anti-hype than DBFZ and other tag fighters that you can look at the clock before the combo ends

Has more entrants than MK11 at Evo. Try again pussy and learn how to play neutral.

Maybe Charlotte and Jubei are above medium tier...

?
The neutral in this is shit though.

What's a good neutral to you?

It has dogshit neutral compared to even ST, kek. I'd literally rather play Hyper than this piece of shit.

I live in an age people consider smash bros a better fighting game than samsho. I wish i could time travel back to 1995.

>Medium
>Charlotte
>Jubei
>Earthquake
Bruh

Kyoshiro is def worse than Nakoruru and Shiki

i don't consider them people

Honestly, DBFZ feels like a parody of airdashers and their fans. It's all style, no substance.

how would you rank them?

Shiki has a fatal flaw that makes her vulnerable to rage burst during her qcf combo. Shes worse than Kyoshiro until it is fixed.

And don't forget if you crouch block there is nothing she can do to you.

She doesnt have an overhead???

>Medium tier:
>Charlotte
Nah, she is a tier up. Not mega strong like usual but she isn't exactly lacking in any department

Only the universal one, outside of that she can only go for a normal grab.

You must be a retard that never played chess in your entire life. Take a shower.

>Shiki has a fatal flaw that makes her vulnerable to rage burst during her qcf combo
So does Jubei and everyone agrees he is great. People vastly over estimate this flaw, you're saying a one time use move is the reason the character is bad. At worst that can cost you one round. She's bad with or without that issue

The game's fine. 2D will literally never have the raw depth of 3D though. Like there's a reason why there are fucking 10-20 2D fighters and only like two 3D fighters, and it's because you need another 2D fighter to move onto after you get bored of the last one.

Like I'm having fun but I'm going to go back to Tekken after a few more weeks because there's just not enough depth here to hold my attention.

Jubei’s counter moves are so fucking hard to time correctly on the fly. It’s awful.

>Top tier:
>Genjuro
>Low tier:
>Kyoshiro
explain

>Trash tier:
Shiki
It hurts man

>that one time I pick a main and they’re actually in shit tier
First time for everything, I guess. It’s okay because Miss Shiki makes me happy though.

Attached: ADEF7221-B29E-4F09-A812-CE721650FFF4.jpg (800x1100, 79K)

Worth it. Online makes it too hard though.

Attached: 1537216080851.webm (1080x720, 2.85M)

Kyoshiro has pretty long startups on most of his normals and specials combined with low damage output. His frog grab was also made a lot slower. I’ve been doing pretty well with him online but he does feel pretty sluggish to use.

SEETHING meleefag

>Genjuro
Me Genjuro, me unga. Good damage, good buttons, has every tool as character could need including a DP and very solid pressure game.

>Kyoshiro
sssssssslllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwww with some back hurtboxes and low damage.

thanks m80s

>most boring fightan game ever made. It's like pure anti-hype.
literally every second of a fight is tense as fuck, i do understand if you don't know what's happening in the game considering you're a combonigger

Has Ukyo ever been weak?

>DP
Newfag here, I know this means dragon punch but what does it mean in the context of SamSho? Which of Genjuro’s moves is his DP?

Melee neutral with SFV footsies

>Game focused on good neutral, punishes, and patience
>Yea Forums hates it

Dragon Punch. Any move that is functionally the same (usually with the same input) gets called it, especially when there is a general visual similarity. Same as you'll see any down up charge anti air called a flash kick

uppercut

I kind of want to play someone a bit more weird. But with how much you need to keep people at bay I just can't see a reason to switch off Charlotte. Why would I trade anything for my buttons and DP?

The tension is exhilarating. You can turn a match around in 1 move, and doing so really comes down to you making an obvious mistake. 90% of my loses are from just pressing buttons when I shouldn't. You can get mad, but really can't blame anyone but myself for not reading the opponent and/or being so predictable. And when you just completely dominate a player it feels so good, punishing every little thing they do.

Attached: 1531373848079.png (350x1030, 74K)

how do you do counters in samsho?

I've played tekken first before samsho and I'd have to disagree. It's true that tekken has more depth but I find samsho better and more fun in particular because of the simplicity of everything.

Would you let Tam Tam unga your bunghole?

Attached: 1544083393170.jpg (900x1200, 178K)

Still messing around with characters but Darli and Ukyo are pretty fun.

That's a Jubei special move

same, though i haven't played 6 yet since I'm waiting for the PC port, i know exactly how it feels while playing 5 on fightcade

No one played samsho back in the day. Everyone was mk or sf on west coast

>all these SF4 babies who think neutral is slow and boring

Fucking Lol, to play dbfz

Literally me. This is my first SamSho and I'm enjoying it.

i used to play it a lot more than MK or SF2 on SNES or arcade, i always liked the atmosphere and the stages were amazing.

i played it a lot with my brother in the arcades
to this day i am mad theres no genan after the first ones
had to swap him for mah niggas basara and kazuki after

>Darli fucked this Chad for three days straight

Based chocolate waifu

You're allowed to have more fun playing the game. I get most of my enjoyment from thinking about games, so when a game doesn't have a lot of depth I just get bored of it fast. It's not that I ever actually access that depth. It's just that without it, my skills quickly catch up to my theory and I go "well what's the point now".

>SF4fags hate this game despite sf4 having one of the slowest neutrals since it's release
C'mon faggot, get your shit right.

holy shit he's perfect
no homo btw

Attached: 1548136853375.jpg (562x530, 69K)

What makes Char a medium tier? She's really solid, the only thing she doesn't have is a cross up.

>trying to guess tier lists when the game is only a week old
>falling for the Kyoshiro is bad meme
>caring about tier lists at all
lmao Yea Forums discussing fighting games

Attached: kyoshiro-samuraishodown-tk-artwork.png (1400x646, 1.54M)

once my nigga kazuki drops in imona steamroll every motherfucker there is

Attached: 1561826127952.jpg (620x968, 154K)

>summon 3 fire orbs
>grab to turboexplode
>fire pillars
good times

>kyoshiro isnt bad guys my 22f 2b is really good!
>so is my 2c that doesnt hit crouchers point blank haha!!!!

so good dude!!!!!

until this guy arrives for season 2

Attached: sogetsu.png (320x224, 17K)

>being this bad

I HATE THIS FUCKING CUNT
what a shitty brother

I haven't been able to play the game yet because I'm a pc/switch boi but I hope your tier list is fucking wrong

Attached: 1560937455722.gif (273x253, 10K)

>t. Cringe ultizoomer

He has tuberculosis

So what exactaly is nakarurus problem?
Range?

Her agility isnt enough to make up for her terrible range. She gets zoned easily.

So range

When is rimururu coming?

August

Next month

In my dick.

t. umbrella shota

More specifically she doesn't have adequate tools to overcome range differences.

She is apparently okay according to nips

twitter.com/experimilk/status/1145905704794021888?s=19

What do you propose she needs? A cross up Similar to hanzo?
An actual good air button?

The SS tier list is that SS2 is a million times better than this shit

Maps really abuse her attack cancels. You really should be doing the full animation for any attack on her other than heavys

>Ukyo top tier yet again
>Kyoshiro low tier
How the FUCK does he keep getting away with it and what happened to my man Kyoshiro to put him that low???

Attached: Jack Frost.gif (250x188, 445K)

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

>NEW PLAYS LIKE SHIT
>GOOD

DUDE UKYO LMAO

4th at EVO by the way
The players disagree with you

Minor Attracted Persons?

I love SS2 but I wont play it forever. Its nice they actually put effort on bringing back samsho and its actually a much better game than most fighting games nowadays.

SNK is preying on our fucking nostalgia of course it's 4th at EVO

They didn't fix the damn input lag til it was complained about.
HOW DOES 8 FRAMES GET PAST INTERNAL TESTING

Patched out, loser. Dont talk about things you're ignorant about.

Attached: boomertears.jpg (350x479, 64K)

Fixed in 2 weeks, before launch. Lowest UE4 fighting game input lag

Sup Boon? Does it hurt that much that your megabillions soulless piece of shit got BTFO by a salelet like this?

SEETHING boomer, go practice your fadc

No. In fact he used to be stronger when his Tsubame Gaeshi had the fire bird on it

Imagine being this user OH NO NO NO

If i don't know shit about these games is it still worth it?
I want to get a fighting game for my ps4 and didn't really get into MK11.

Yeah, online is still pretty active right now. Single player is there but it isn't anything that will really grab you.

Its beginner friendly and much better than MK

youtube.com/watch?v=3-JUa7Oo6M0&feature=youtu.be&t=4884
>Tam Tam is bro-

I really hate that Earthquake is allowed to block my j5b/c as Char and then command grab me for free before I even hit the ground.I also hate Earthquake in general. How is he not A or A- tier?

Lots of utility but lacking range and a dedicated anti-air. Her qcf+s is good from a distance, but it can fly under people often due to the angle of launch. Her cr. HS can also be stuff/whiffed by a lot of the cast.

Has an early bottom tier character ever moved up to high tier or higher without patches before?
This is a simple game, it's not that hard to figure out the meta.

>anti-hype
we will laugh at you after EVO

>t. combowanker
Samurai Shodown is honestly one of the most hype games I've ever played. Even if I lose, I'm still hype as shit. Deflects and fat reads everywhere.

Attached: 1561255267763.png (1308x736, 271K)

Samurai Shodown is probably the easiest fighting game to get into, since there's almost no combos or deep mechanics. Ridiculously low skill floor, but absurdly high ceiling. Give it a shot.

What is your win loss ratio? I'm at 89 wins and 89 losses.

Don't know the exact number but around 65%

youtube.com/watch?v=ISh2tFQh1NY

Attached: 1558396027695.jpg (716x1024, 70K)

Like 30%
Rematches a jubei like 60 times and lost all of them

Attached: 1561499135071.jpg (800x1000, 146K)

Man I just love playing as Char, I don't care who I'm fighting, I just love playing as her and making triangles.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ryuuou no Oshigoto! - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.55_[2018.02.05_09.23.56].jpg (1280x720, 93K)

46%

Was going well till I had a bad day and tanked it. I wish there were character specific ranks or lobbies were more active/not a pile of shit.

Hopefully they will roll out a patch very soon that fixes the fucking awful lobbies.

Are you Xbox? Might’ve been me

It sucks there isn't crossplay with xbone/

60ish% black belt using only Darli

Attached: 272BB1D9-3C5B-4648-8300-CA827C3EBD32.jpg (1020x1447, 433K)

Kazunoko stream youtube.com/watch?v=3evZnZ84GJc

WHAT

>all this time I thought the mask was is face.

Attached: OH SHIT SON DRAGON BALL.png (720x540, 418K)

Galford players are scum

Attached: 1561586870996.jpg (1282x2159, 926K)

>it will be dead by the time PC drops
it hurts

Nah ps4

I was hopping this Charlotte player would teach me something but all I've learned is 6k, 2a seems good.

>HIS cries could be heard in every port, town, and village on the island
Holy shit darli is officially my second favorite girl.

Attached: LOOK AT BOOTY.gif (326x208, 115K)

Guys, samsho literally pissed off the biggest fighting game fanbase not just in Yea Forums but also in the whole world...
We're fucked... our threads will be shit forever bros...

Attached: scared.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>Kyoshiro sucks
This is good news to me
>t. Kyoshiro main

You just don't understand the type of immediate response in these types of games. Samsho, there are decisions made by each player every couple of seconds on each button press. There's the immediate satisfaction of "I read that" when you punish the other player on multiple button presses in a row and you can see the change in playstyle from the opposing side who just got counter hit jump attacked and is sweating because he makes it to the ground second

How do you get good at disarming people? I'm always too afraid to do it.

What fanbase?

This is my first Samsho game, I had no ideas for a main going in so I've just been running story mode with everybody to see who clicks. Almost done playing everybody and I'm gravitating towards Nako and Galford because they fit my tastes the most. Anyone have any advice for them?

Attached: 1546959906137.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Luckily smash players don't know who we are, they can't find our threads so just shout into the ether about that random samurai game.

That poor Char player. He was so close to that win but fucked up the combo.

Galford is a pretty strong all rounder. Nak is on the weaker side but not as ineffective as usual.

If you mean Smash, even Smashboards is shilling SamSho for some reason, the only ones butthurt are Capcocks

So i cant do tsubame for shit on a controller.
Im going to try for jubei instead, how is he?
The counter shit looks interesting since i love reactive gameplay.

While I do think samsho is great I do think there's other factors to consider, like the fact that a new game like this can be great for players to get in early and develop tech that lets them win matches and place high in the tournament because of a non established meta. If you're a diligent player and an intelligent player, there's a lot of reward in signing up for this game at EVO because there's a high chance you just win or place high because your fighting game IQ is just better than others

>Melee "neutral"
>SF5 "footsies"
Oh I am laughing. Is this what zoomers believe to be good examples? I hope you know why SF5's numbers for Evo dropped since its release.

Samsho 6 is a game that was released in the mid-2000s.

Samsho and 2D games in general are more deep than you think and there are way more 3D fighters, but nowadays people only give a fuck about Namco fighters.

More health and damage.

>Darli was able to dominate a 9 foot giant for 3 days and 3 nights
Just how strong is she?

But that's the wrong mask

Does anyone actually play Hanzo?

Attached: Chara03.png (403x916, 127K)

Hanzo players are scum

Anyone want to start a lobby?

It isn't Tam Tam, but a lookalike

They're way too shit, also having to add someone as a friend to make it private really sucks, also it takes 10x longer compared to ranked

youtube.com/watch?v=FbOs7fvcKVs
Can't wait to see if they remix this and Heart's Mirror for the DLC chars

Attached: 48123352148_a307926864_n.png (231x320, 124K)

I hope they bring back Sogetsu, Sieger and Gen An for season 2!

Attached: Chad-Gen-An.jpg (1307x698, 120K)

Chad? Doesn't he get cucked in one of his endings?

What 3D fighters are there besides tekken, soulcal, and DOA?

Dealing with his crossup online is cancer. Legit end up blocking it cause I guessed wrong but the online didn't catch up with my input.

>Like there's a reason why there are fucking 10-20 2D fighters and only like two 3D fighters, and it's because you need another 2D fighter to move onto after you get bored of the last one.
No, the obvious reason is because it costs a bunch more to make a 3D fighter.

I dont remember this, poor guy.

Highest ranked guy on Xbox is a Hanzo main

In his first ending he is slain by someone who looks like Mai from KOF. In his second he comes home to find his wife and Todoh. Who then convince him to stop traveling and fighting.

>tfw got a lucky counter on Rival Hanzo in Story
I think that's how I got the 'win with a special' cheevo

Attached: 1548826983585.png (733x720, 317K)

In general? For traditional 3D fighters, there used to be Sega fighters like Virtua Fighter and Fighting Vipers, Bloody Roar, Battle Arena Toshinden, Rival Schools, Tomba, Naruto Clash of Ninja, Dragon Ball Z Budokai, the PS2 era of Mortal Kombat, Pokken. As for arena fighters: Dissidia, Gundam, Shounen Jump fighters, Ehrgeiz, Power Stone.

the ninja that killed genan is galford's master

ROLL CALL, Report in with your console and optionally your handle
Xbro here

Attached: D4--7hxUYAIlhV2.png (268x167, 24K)

Okay
Guys
How about
Miriam for guest character?

Attached: Miriam_Transparent.png (920x920, 361K)

i wish Kyoshiro was good

sometimes I feel like I should buy one of these stupid things called consoles

It's for ants but it was all I could find. Genan dies in his own SS1 ending to Mai. I don't remember Hanzo having killed him anywhere in the lore.

Attached: bothnamedshiranui.png (320x224, 23K)

Hanzo only trained him in the RPG game, in the mainline continuity the wife of Hanzo's master that did it and killed Gen-an in his SSI ending, the "Mai" that appears in that pic is supposed to be her

The game is pretty good and glad to see it doing well with EVO numbers.

But I honestly cannot say I prefer this to 5SP or SS2. In this day and age where both those games are widely available legally and illegally, both with online play, SS2019 is competing with its own past and I don't see it winning in the long term.

2019 doesn't look as good as the sprite games to me, and doesn't feel as satisfying to play. 2019 lacks a layer of polish and refinement.

Tam Tam is only for Cham Cham I'm afraid.

How about no you filthy waifufag.

>used to be
Yeah that's the key word there

Can someone explain just what the fuck kind of archtype Ukyo and Shiki are? What the fuck are these two's gameplan?

Attached: 70778672_p0.jpg (600x848, 157K)

>Virtua Fighter
>Rival Schools
>Clash of Ninja

Attached: 918EDE13-CE1D-4FAF-8A01-450B9B48BAB5.jpg (750x416, 40K)

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-07-01_at_10.00.59_AM.png (1966x980, 1.16M)

They're brother and sister retard.

not the first relationship of the kind in this series

Ukyo's gameplan is to fuck shit up with Tsubame Gaeshi because that move is bonkers. Shiki's game plan is to suck.

>Half demon edgelord ends up being the most balanced and honest character in the game

How did they get away with it?

Attached: Samurai-Shodown-April-Screenshot-5.jpg (3840x2160, 3.74M)

>Ukyo
Rushdown. All about that 4 frame overhead

>Shiki
Rushdown/Bad

Shiki is in the game just to pander to the fans, isn't she?

She sucks gameplay wise and her story is just show up, do nothing and get whisked away to non canon land until the N64 games.

So Iroha would be the same

It's their first attempt in making a new SS in a long time, it will probably feel more polished in future updates. SS2 has some pretty awkward hit detection and 5s also has it's own bag of issues like the glitchy throws so I don't think SS7 is doing that bad as far as polish goes.

Snu snu

Shiki is bssically the Juri/Baiken of the game, thirsty "punish me mommy XDD" ironic weebs claim they will play her vut she's too awkward and weird for anyone but some dedicated autists to play.

I agree with this but I'm just so happy that this game turned out fine. It'll most likely get better with time too, but 5SP is my personal favourite fighting game. That's not changing any time soon.

So, the same shit that would happen with Iroha

Shame because she was fun to play in NGBC

Don't forget he's supposed to be related to Yoshitsune too, if Shizuka's random gibberish is to be believed.

BEGONE SMASHFAGS

Attached: 20000-mad_fb_4420053.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Kyoshiro main, yes he is bad. All his normals are slow and only his far 5L can be cancelled. Ruixiang is a better zoner