>stealth games are de

Pic related is one of the most successful exclusive games Sony ever produced and it's a fucking stealth game, a pretty challenging one on top of that.

So where does this meme came from? Because Hitman Season 1 and 2 flopped due to non existent marketing and weird episodic release cycle? Because Left Alive sucked since they just copy and pasted TLOU mechanics and took away stealth takedowns?

Even the last main Splinter Cell was a commercial success and people clearly want a new one.

Attached: 20000-beliebt-the-last-of-us-wallpapers-1920x1080-htc.jpg (1920x1080, 640K)

The "great" stealth is like 20% of the reason for why it is so popular. Even then , from my experience its pure trial and error, im sure most people have ever finished an area without "triggering the alarm" or needing to go checkpoint to checkpoint in one area or phase only, which was what I hated the most.

Stealth game?

This game is
>stealth until the automatic sequence starts and you shoot the other half of the encounter

The game didnt sell because it was a "stealth" game(which it isnt) it sold, because they copy pasted decade old movie tropes like "big guy protecting the sacred child" onto a on rails action that that has two different types of encounters copy pasted across the game.

Say about Uncharted what you want, but at least they kept things moving dynamically across the games instead of just copying the same encounter, while relying that people will gobble up decade old tropes as if its something new.

Only a complete retard would call this a stealth game

It's definitely a stealth game though. What the fuck would you call it?
Don't say 'survival horror' lmao

>one of the most successful exclusive games
being successful at retard olympics still doesn't make you non-retard

Fucking play it in survival or grounded mode nibbers

Try playing it like a shooter and see how ling will you last cucks

Attached: 73380290_0.jpg (526x466, 17K)

game is still shit even on higher difficulties

>What the fuck would you call it?
>Don't say 'survival horror' lmao
>Fucking play it in survival or grounded mode nibbers

so it's survival, got it

Let us make a stealth game checklist, shall we?

>big area to move around
Check
>you either can kill everyone in the area or ghost your way through them
Check
>dozens of opportunities to get your enemies to different spots to get an advantage to stealth past them
Check

The game has less than a handful sequences where you are forced to kill people. Is MGS not a stealth game?

Granted, it's not hardcore in depth stealth like Chaos Theory, but literally no stealth game is as good as Chaos Theory, not even the other entries in SC.
The only thing that lacks what other stealth titles have is a simple "knock out" mechanic, but since this is a dystopian future I don't think they give a fuck letting anyone alive. But you can ghost a large portion of the game except the forced rail shooting sequences.

>Pic related is one of the most successful exclusive games Sony ever produced and it's a fucking stealth game, a pretty challenging one on top of that

Please go play an actual stealth game.

>nibbers
pic related

Attached: reddit.png (1600x900, 89K)

it's action-adventure survival horror video game, no other definition is there for it, you can check wikipedia, sage

>everyone I don't agree with is reddit

Despite that, my favorite stealth games are Thief 2 and Chaos Theory.

Everyone who says "nibber" is on reddit.

Fuck off nintendo kniggers

>pretty challenging

That nibber guy isn't even me.

Alekhine's Gun
Alien: Isolation
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
The Evil Within 2
Ghost of a Tale
Hello Neighbor
Hitman (2016)
Hitman 2 (2018)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Sniper Elite 3
Sniper Elite 4
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Styx: Master of Shadows
Styx: Shards of Darkness
Thief (2014)
Volume

All in the last five years.

I dunno about you, but I played
Thief 1 and 2
All SC games
All Hitman games
All MGS titles (except Ground Zeroes)
Deus Ex (if you can count it as stealth)

And I still died quiet a lot on the hardest difficulty. Not saying it's anywhere near as hard as the first SC or Hitman 1, but it's a very hard game.

Exactly, so why do I hear everytime the genre is dead and no one buys stealth games anymore? Almost all those games were successful.

I played it on all difficulties, I got the same experience in all of them but obviously died more on the harder ones.
No sequence of the game is gunz blazing or pure stealth, its always "kill like 5 enemies and then hope their AI is too dumb when they gang up on you because youve been discovered".

a stealth interactive movie