FOR ME ITS EARTHBOUND, MY FAVORITE HIDDEN GEM

FOR ME ITS EARTHBOUND, MY FAVORITE HIDDEN GEM

Attached: hidden gem.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/92544
romhacking.net/translations/764/
romhacking.net/utilities/831/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

guys, did you ever hear about this hidden gem called Star Fox 64?

I bet he thinks Iron Maiden is underground music

And Iii'm giving this one a Ten out of Ten.

HON HON WELL OF COURSE I JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE IT IN ITS ORIGINAL RICE CARDBOARD BOX

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 140K)

I kind of have hair like his but much darker. Can I have some advice to make it look better than his?

I bet he paid like 800 for it & it's missing the stickers

Get a flat iron straightener

Attached: 1554673621509.png (1272x804, 48K)

Earthbound was an obscure game it was never that popular in the era it came out until Smash Bros featured Ness

I bought an 1800 dollar guitar recently that I will use almost every day of my life for the rest of my life. This fag just buys an old videogame that will sit on a shelf.

So it was obscure for only 4 years

actually its called mother in japan

it *was* obscure

Bruh why the fuck dey call it mother so it's motherbound dayum das deep

2>3

If you were confident in your purchase then you wouldn't be trying to justify it in an irrelevant Yea Forums thread.

Attached: HAARP.jpg (600x372, 68K)

Yes, agreed. I’ve literally never made the correlation between Ness and Earthbound until I watched the AVGN video on it, so I would say it still qualifies as being pretty hidden for the generation of gamers that didn’t grow up on the SNES like myself.

>look, i hate turn-based rpgs with a passion, but THIS ONE is special
>mothersona 5: the thousand year tale is the best rpg ever made (i would know because, i dont play rpgs ) because it lets you do this other thing in a battle and the story is above average unlike all other jrpgs ever ( I would know, because I don't like jrpgs. )

Attached: shocked roy.jpg (112x112, 7K)

POST REAL HIDDEN GEMS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Attached: 247179-ninja-five-o-game-boy-advance-front-cover.jpg (800x714, 133K)

newgrounds.com/portal/view/92544

Attached: Camille Claudel.jpg (789x981, 88K)

Here's an essential puzzle game no one knows about

Attached: 251132-sutte-hakkun-snes-front-cover.jpg (800x1447, 229K)

Attached: NV.jpg (616x353, 35K)

I can't even fucking read or pronounce that dog

Even he has a cute girlfriend, what's your excuse?

And finally here's Portopia, which is famous in Japan but like 20 people know about it in the west. It's an adventure game. One of the first made in Japan. Yuji Horii made it. It's a pretty genuinely funny game at times, but it can be cryptic and there's no save battery. The twist at the end is great, but don't look up the game because the spoiler is a big meme in Japan akin to "Rosebud is the ____"

Attached: The Portopia Serial Murder Case.png (256x224, 3K)

>Earthbound Fan Plays Earthbound for the First Time

Get fucked motherfucker!

Attached: troddlers.jpg (2100x1528, 2.81M)

Look at the filename. It's called Sutte Hakkun. If you're this much of a brainlet you'll probably not get far in the game anyway.

based

EarthBound is that kind of game that everyone says "hidden gem!!!!" but it's so well known now that it drives me crazy when people keep saying that. Why don't they talk about games that deserve more attention like Ogre Battle.

This and the second game are pretty good games that hardly ever get mentioned

Attached: Shaman-King-Master-of-Spirits-GBA.png (553x500, 485K)

I thought it might be his daughter

For white people there's no difference

Ah yes, the last good Puyo game

Attached: 1539321406505.jpg (210x290, 34K)

The depressing atmosphere in this game is great

Attached: 640full-wizardry -tale-of-the-forsaken-land-cover.jpg (640x911, 100K)

Any emulation set up? And is it point and click adventure?

>This burlap sack of shit looking motherfucker has the only known American 64DD prototype.

Attached: baylet.gif (500x375, 1.86M)

Woah I never knew he was into games. I have his first 3 albums, I used to see him all the time in this little bar called Marky's in Northwest Seattle. He plays a mean guitar, I never knew he was into gaming. Pretty cool.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 292K)

>emulate earthbound
>dont really enjoy it after 6 hours and drop it
I imagine if I played it as a kid when it first came out, it would've been mindblowing.

Les paul?

It's a menu-based Famicom game
Press B to cycle through the two menus
Download the translation here:
romhacking.net/translations/764/
And the ROM expander needed for it here:
romhacking.net/utilities/831/
Play on any modern NES emulator
Note when using the magnifying glass: If you think a spot is suspiscious, but don't find anything the first time, try again but in a different spot
Also, if you're stuck, try a bunch of unorthodox stuff. Even if you don't progress you'll at least encounter some funny dialogue.

I rented Earthbound when I was a kid and kept it until I beat it. There was so much advertising for this game back then, I didn't know anything about it except I recognized the name when I was picking a game to rent. It indeed blew my mind. It stuck with me all those years, and then I found out later on the internet their was a cult like following around the game.
I got an SNES mini and just played it through again last year for the first time since like 1993.

What's a rom expander?

Oh and if you really really get stuck you can search up a guide and click the first GameFAQs link and be safe from spoilers. That guide doesn't say any story stuff just actions.

You can sutte my hakkun, faggot.

It expands the NES rom
The original game is 40kb. English requires a lot more space than Japanese, so the expanded rom is 73kb.
Instructions for it are in the translation's readme.

Are those the only two links needed? Aside the emulator?

What about YouTube gaming channels that focus on Video Games?

im 21 in america, so iron maiden is pretty underground to everybody who sees me. most people who see my shirts and shit think its from a video game

Yeah aside from the emulator and the original rom that's it. If you want the original rom you can find it on archive.org, find a no-intro set. If you just want the one rom add a / to the end of the link for the set to go into zipview.

Not his girlfriend

Are straight up links to video games soundtracks and scenes on youtube?
Image was made by an idiot.

Theres multiple types of players. To non-players and casuals its obivously a hiddengem.
One or 2 years ago i could talk about earthbound and absolutely noone appart from this board knew the game even exists

Earthbound is one of those so-so games that everyone claims is good because some autist put it in a top 10 list once or something when the internet was still new. It's not even a great RPG. It's funny sometimes, but the combat sucks, the sprites are awful, the story is stupid and we have Ness wasting a roster slot in Smash because of it. And it also gave us Undertale. So fuck Earthbound.

I've got a set already of every nes game. Portopia Renzoku Satsujin Jiken (Japan).nes is in it.
I'll give it a go. How long is it? Something to beat in an afternoon or several weeks of playing kind of deal?

i like earthbound but i do agree that its not for everyone. the reputation and hype its gotten can be really off putting if youre expecting a different type of game than it is.