Why?

Why do they keep putting this shit into fighting games? There's no way to reliably do this without a fighting stick so you're just immediately at a disadvantage online if you don't shell out for one.

Attached: Shoryuken.jpg (220x128, 6K)

just use your dpad

You can do this on a controller stick pretty easily. Who would use the d-pad anyways?

Attached: fighting IQ original.png (1715x2494, 1.56M)

Yup, the Dpad works best without a stick. Just gotta practice buddy.

This thread again. Nice.

The only thing special about fighters is the neutral game but retards still want to obsess over button input complexity.

This is why fighting games is a niche genre. The FGC is too braindead to understand that real change is needed. No surprise there considering it's filled with niggers, spics, and weebs, the 3 notable species of subhuman.

Attached: Kenshiro.jpg (831x1200, 617K)

Just do forward and a quarter circle motion

Is this satire

I know it's a bait list but I'm now curious to try out bloody roar anyway

There are so many shortcuts nowadays to do this, unless you are playing pretty old games there is no longer any difficulty in the shoryuken.
Anything else is practice, practice, practice.

we call it shitposting around these parts

This may blow your mind but fighting games are not a genre you can become good at immediately. I know the idea of playing a game and not becoming competent after a day or two is shocking but some people actually have the attention spans and dedication to play them.

git gud

nice bait

The dp motion isn't hard

there is reason for inputs to be ther way they are.
the shoryuken motion for example requires a forward motion from the very beginning, meaning it is absolutely impossible to block anything from the moment you start to the moment you stop the motion. this creates inherent risk in trying to perform it as an anti air or interrupt, meaning it will require skill to properly utilize it
also ill agree that overly complex motions are silly but quarter circles, half circles, and dps are the most simple motions in the entire genre and are so universal that youll only have to learn them once and youll be good to do special moves across the whole genre

Isn't that just 613? How is that hard?

Its not bait at all its highly accurate.

Inputs and execution are part of the fun.
You also can't tie moves in fighting games to binds, or else you end up with weird situations. I never played it, but I've heard horror stories from the SF4 3DS port.
Also,
>the FGC is braindead
>he says, while complaining about input complexity

Attached: 1562121982398.gif (400x231, 974K)

DP is harder than QC is misinput.

The problem with the 3DS port was that it removed charge, not that it removed inputs.

If anything, you can accidentally DP while trying to QC

Pretty sure that anybody complaining about basic inputs is a retard or handicapped. Literal dogs can do this shit

Attached: 1548340123958.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

inb4 b-but sf5 simplified the inputs

Attain acumen
Become better
Create competence
Develop dexterity
Enhance expertise
Find finesse

Handle hardness
Increase insight
Join judgements
Kindle knowledge
Lose lethargy
Make mastery
Network neurons
Obtain optimisation
Procure proficiency
Quash quirks
Raise rating
Stockpile skill
Take training
Usurp utility
Value victory
Wrest worth
Xerox xenia
Yield yourself
Zap zeroes

>marvel vs capcom 3
>high iq

Attached: 1446909234322.jpg (400x551, 77K)

>tfw the input leniency in SFV is so strong that I'm scared to do an SPD if I have full meter because it feels like 1.3 rotations counts as a 720

Attached: 1456743722734.gif (369x500, 549K)

>Any other game genre
>Play against an experienced player
>Even if you lose, you always manage to land a hit or a kill.

>Fighting games
>Play against an experienced player
>You lose 100% of the time without being able to fight back

Fighting games are just unbalanced by design.

copypasta

No way this isn't bait.
You SHOULDN'T be able to do good against an experienced player until you get to that point yourself.

Attached: 3u3cf2yokp131.jpg (1400x1400, 183K)

no, there were more problems than it removing charge (although removing charge was hands down the most glaring one)
being able to walk and fireball at the same time makes zoning trival
being able to block and dp at the same time provides an easy as shit counter to safe jumps, not to mention making dping out of blockstrings extremely easy
perfect grounded 720s are really good, WALKING 720s is just pants on head retarded
instant air specials are made ezmode as well

like i said in , motions are used to balance moves

Attached: p2161680paint568998362.png (720x720, 6K)

623 but you can easily get away with 323 in most fighters these days. Anyone complaining about DPs is an idiot.

It's just a fireball motion you press forward first for.

There is nothing unique about how motions balance moves though, so they still aren't necessary, you just can't retrofit a game to not use them.

>Marvel vs Capcom 3
>Not high IQ

Attached: 1562129118441.jpg (400x551, 76K)

I can consistently do DPs and Reverse DPs on the Analog Stick of every controller I own. Play a game or character that doesn't use them or just fucking practice doing it.

Attached: 1526940521350.png (7500x5625, 1.47M)

>Game with 50 characters (49 of which are playable competitively) that have 3 assists apiece and variable team order
>With extremely fast-paced neutral and a meta that evolved to have extremely layered mixups to catch people on incoming because all the normal shit was scouted out
>Not High IQ
The only Low IQ shit in the game is Dark Phoenix/Vergil, and at least with Phoenix you need to build you team around her and earn it because she WILL get snapped in before you get 5 bars. Zero, the best character in the game, requires pretty serious execution to make use of how good Buster's properties are in neutral and combos.

Attached: 1529349159114.png (500x525, 346K)

>implying that vergil doesn't take a supreme level of IQ, skill, and motivation

Attached: 1553492816546.jpg (505x768, 115K)

what?
let me go back to the 720
so zangief's ultra 1 is a move that is invincible on startup, starts in 1 frame (meaning you cannot jump out of it after the flash has started), and does a shit ton of damage
this is balanced by being extremely difficult to do from most positions, usually requiring a buffered motion from jumping or another attack. there are people who can do standing/walking 720 motions, but it requires a lot of practice and usually still isnt 100% consistent. if you could walk up to someone and take off half their health with the press of a button, you would have an extremely unbalanced move. making a move like this fair to execute in one button press would require fundamentally changing the move, be it by lowering damage, increasing startup, something.

Anchor X-Factor Vergil is one of the most Unga characters in the genre, and I should know, I play Unga shit all the time (but not Vergil, because I don't want to burn my X-Factor just to be Unga, I want to use it to guarantee a kill after I Hulk s.H or Nemesis c.H or Sentinel S or Lariat you in neutral).

Attached: 1533529660892.png (1175x659, 430K)

Retard

tekken should be at the top or second place and MVC3 at the bottom

The only input I’ve ever had issue with to the point where you NEED a fight stick are double half circle inputs. It feels unnatural as fuck using your thumb to make that input. Charge triangles are a close second. I’m also considering getting a stick just so I can do instant Tsubame Gaeshi with Ukyo in Samurai Shodown. Shit is impossible on a regular controller

It's not, Marvel players suck shit at every high IQ game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, No

>Know you're playing against an experienced player
>And you probably will lose
>Just try to get one hit in to deny them the perfect

It's the small moral victories, shitposter-kun.

Attached: 1488131004675.jpg (339x302, 13K)

Nah, tekken is a low IQ button masher.

Attached: tekken low iq.png (270x295, 85K)

I've only ever played Soul Calibur fighting games. It's the only fighting game with an aesthetic I like.

>bait

The few times I played Third Strike I could just forward and then fireball to consistently get it

Question for you guys. Is Gief the last character to have a 360 and 720 input? Half the cast in SFV have command grabs but they're all half circle motions. Missing the input is especially punishing and it makes you look like a jackass jumping for no reason. His grab isn't even especially beneficial compared to Alex or Abigail who have half circles. I try to think of characters in other fighting games but it all comes back to Zangief

Attached: 1557463059373.jpg (915x927, 71K)

wait for hugo or t hawk

I guess my point is also just make my boy half circle.

cant wait for gbv

Attached: FerryNeutral.webm (680x382, 1.51M)

i wouldnt see too much harm in that but i doubt itll ever happen due to zangief being the most iconic 360 character, and him likely having the best command grab in the game

>the best command grab in the game
maybe I'm just biased against my own character. I don't think it's that great unless I fought to the corner. LP spd knocks the opponent to the other side of the universe

Bunnys are the strongest race

>Mkb guy, usually play RPGs, shooters or strategies
>Hey, that Skullgirls game looks nice, and full of waifus
>tutorial
>A LOT of moves involve circular stick motion
>must be easy on controller, fingerbreaking on MKB
Fuck.

Attached: 1558918031154.jpg (1200x1998, 663K)

adjust your keyboard layout to be smiilar to a hitbox. Try not to use WASD if you can help it. 3 punch and 3 kick is easy enough to set on your numpad

Attached: 1_HitBoxPNG_1c26c453-faa2-4a47-a212-182da447507b_1024x.png (1024x577, 525K)

That's literally just Heart Aino's special kick

based grog

thanks.

Needs more games on this list desu
P4A and BB are obvious exclusions with arcsys games being on here. And let's face it, if you're counting Dissidia and Divekick as fighting games there's no excuse to leave off Smash.

>have to do 66B > 236A
>end up executing 623A instead

Attached: 1474855821804.jpg (1536x1152, 727K)

Granboober carries the FGC

me waiting for grandboob

Attached: 1561669388754.gif (224x224, 1.52M)

>There's no way to reliably do this without a fighting stick
You have to be literally retarded to not be able to do a DP motion.

>controllers don't have analog sticks
if you honestly try and tell me you can't do a z-motion with your left thumb you are either motorically retarded or a liar

that beta was fun as fuck. Always bet on ArcSys

Attached: char valle2.jpg (499x548, 93K)

>Tfw just figured out how to do Z motions a few months back when I picked up guilty gear
>While on pad

Okay, OP. You don't need a stick, it's always been what you're comfy with.

Here's what you gotta do. You've probably figured out you just gotta fucking have a seizure in the corner of your joystick, but you really gotta stop floundering so much. There's a way to do it in one swift motion, like a QCF. When you first go for that forward, instead of moving the stick directly to the bottom of the gate, ease off the joystick entirely and let it go back to a neutral position itself. THEN go for the down forward. Make sure not to go to far with it or you'll do a fireball.

This helped me crack the fucking code, man. Just a word of warning, it's all gotta be done pretty quickly. Hit the Training room if you need to, it'll be worth it. It's also easiest when you combo into it, so keep that in mind.

Attached: YOU JUST K N O W.jpg (540x720, 103K)

Why are so many different versions of Street Fighter on here, but whole series like Tekken or DOA get lumped together?

I'm scared since sfv started out fun and when the final game came closer they took out everything people said they liked about the beta and slowed the game down 19 percent

bump to laugh at OP