What did FFXIV mean by this?

what did FFXIV mean by this?

Attached: 20190702185213_1999.jpg (360x105, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s12YmaTUsfnA
youtube.com/watch?v=dYOSYDBJyZg
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jwsypbz10&t
youtu.be/Rz7K7u47Wls?t=84
youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
strawpoll.me/18262638
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please understand

>wow in its lowest
>xiv in its highest
>SE moves in for the kill
So is this why SE was going HARD on the shadowbringers advertising? Because they knew how godlike it was? Pretty wise desu senpai.

Attached: ypgtNmt.png (1004x517, 1.29M)

>expansion with no Lyse ANYWHERE
Shit game.

Has anyone uploaded the Amaurot zone music yet?

Attached: 1555950649031.png (817x693, 489K)

if Amaurot was conjured from Emet Selch's memories and everyone who talks to us treats us as a child, does that mean that Emet Selch was a child when he was tempered?

Shit taste
Lyse is pure garbage and would have ruined kinobringers

KOJIIIIIIIIII

What's the most 'fun' RDPS job currently

Attached: 1561762901844.jpg (777x791, 184K)

play monk

The one you enjoy the most.

I can't ever tell if these replies are intentionally unhelpful or not

Something as subjective is fun is impossible to guess for another person.
Personally I hate BLM because I hate being stuck in place, someone else will love BLM because they love huge numbers and big spells.
How the hell would anyone be able to determine what you find fun?

No, he just created a perfect, breathing simalacrum of his city from that day that you can interract with. Hades was playing the role of Emet Selch in the council of fourteen and was one of the people responsible for moving the plan of summoning Zodiark into action

>STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES SO WE CAN MAKE WAIFU WORSHIP AND TWITTER SCREENSHOT THREADS RIGHT NOOOOWWWWWW

Stop responding to him, he's in every thread trying to bait the (you)s

Because there's still general opinions about things. Would you tell me playing video games isn't more fun than sitting in a waiting room because fun is subjective?

Cringe.
BASED

Attached: 1562099344106.png (338x327, 141K)

Well throw some shit out there you enjoy and people can more readily recommend a class that would fit closer to that.

I really don't even know, just leveled random jobs and stick with BLM but a lot of jobs I passed on before got reworked

Ok this was really cute, I'm very happy I get to watch these two came together in a cutscene.

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_185744_114.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

>Speedrunner confirmed

If you took the time to talk to every one of the ayys you would have heard some of them mention Emet being part of the main council which held the highest authority no way he was a child. Also those ayys weren't just memories. It was implied that they had the ability to manifest consciousness into reality. Each ayy was a free thinking entity. The Ascians are demigods who can shape reality

Stuck*

Any ASTfriends who use nocturnal sect?
I just got it and noticed you can't switch stances in combat so it feels I will always go diurnal since the regens are really convenient and the aspected benefic mana increase of nocturnal really turns me off.
Am I something not seeing here? Really encounter specific for instance?

>complete The Twinning
>cutscene afterwards is not watchable again
>despair.
I'm ultra sad now.

he's in

Attached: 1553687415473.jpg (2560x1440, 1002K)

What city is that?

New New York

Nocturnal is in a pretty bad spot atm, its even worst then you get Celestial Intersection, which gives you a oGCD Aspected Shield if you're in Diurnal. The shield from neutral sect also stacks with everything so its to Nocturnal's version, albeit on a cooldown. Basically, Nocturnal needs some work.

vocaroo.com/i/s12YmaTUsfnA

Attached: 1551002055652.png (600x577, 329K)

Using this as an OP should make immunity from hotpockets.

I use nocturnal during boss fight, or when I'm with a whm.
Mostly because aspected helios is incredibly useless as people would always overheal pass the regen anyway. With a WHM, they can fare better with keeping the tank alive themselves, so I'll focus on protect the team with my shield. If you're in dungeon just use Di.

>I dont know what I like
>Not even enough to give a vague idea
>Someone else tell me my opinion
How fucking pathetic can one person be?

HELP I'M STUCK IN ADAMANTOISE

>want to know what's generally considered fun
>user has an autistic tantrum about it
ok

Most jobs are pretty dichotomous. I like RDM, many people hate it. That other user sayd he can't stand BLM, plenty love it. It doesn't fucking work that way. I'm sorry someone can't tell you how you should feel.

what's MNKs new opener

Will you remember?

Attached: ffxiv_07012019_170959_455.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

It's entirely personal preference.

Attached: 1562033529604.png (338x327, 169K)

dipshit

How can I not? He is one of the best characters ever written. At first I wrote him off as Nu!Kefka, but now? Jesus christ.

He will live on inside of me

>main theme kicks in during last dungeon
OH FUCK

Attached: 35736d3e-6087-436c-abfa-6bbfaffad1e8.jpg (800x450, 34K)

What opener do I usen ow Bard bros? No longer double IJ-ing now right? When do I use Raging Strikes?

I have never gotten so hyped from a JRPG since this moment. I can die happy.

It's our duty as the winner

Don't forget:

Emet never lied to us when he was with us and was actually disappointed when we couldn't handle the light.

So how long until they release Shadowbringers soundtrack?
I really want the main theme, and tomorrow and tomorrow in high quality

Of course he was. He recognized us as his former best friend and wanted to be best friends again. He would even forgive you for being the one that summoned Hydaelyn and shattering the world.

A year from now or so.

Please. Anyone in Aether wanna help me with Dying Gasp? I wanna complete this asap LOL

>tfw Tomorrow and Tomorrow starts playing

My god... Soken really is a god. Soken really did invent emotions.

Is the final trial really that hard? I'm seeing progression parties.

What song is that?

>log in queue number
>1337
It was worth logging out on Levi just for this

No spoilers but would you have tea and crackers with Emet?

Attached: 1561566867184.jpg (801x703, 34K)

The one that plays When Emet-Selch tells you to remember him and his people as he is dying.

What, it was 30 when I logged in a couple hours ago

Now that Ardbert rejoined his soul with ours and we've become a more complete being I hope Elidibus starts bringing more (You)s from the other worlds so we can grow taller and smarter.

Imagine telling someone before ARR dropped that this Soken guy would handle the music just fine and we don't necessarily NEED Nobuo as the head music guy.

>tfw Elidibus rescued Unukalhai from the void, to ensure our chance to be whole once more wouldn't be lost

No?
There's maybe one or two "Gotcha!" mechanics but once you get those it's easy as fuck.

HIDEY
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not really. Shinryu was harder. I found it somewhat disappointing mechanics-wise.

the only rough spots are the falling frisbees and the swipes, but once they happen once theyre pretty easy to worl around

Did you enjoy Titania EX?

Is DRG strong? Feel like leveling it

It's okay. Can't say it's among my favorites. I liked Innocence a LOT better if only for the visuals.

Oh shit, you might be right.

People will forever meme it, but yes DRG is one of those classes you really can't say is in the shed

>just hit 78

I'm almost done bros, what a fucking ride it's been so far

Pretty sure they mistake you for a child just because you're tiny as fuck compared to them.

>He gave him a robe and white mask because that's the sort of clothes a child would wear in Ascian society

Attached: 1551324874297.gif (500x282, 3.65M)

DRG is definitely strong right now. One could argue the highest dps behind only BLM. But that's right now with most jobs having awful BiS and being way behind in critical rating. Pic related.

Attached: 2bAY2Yu.png (45x70, 2K)

>finished the MSQ last night
>now it's back to level grinding and attempting to tolerate mouthbreathers in Ex parties
I wish I could just relive the last 4 days forever

Attached: 1439155315633-1.jpg (585x400, 74K)

What the hell do I meld into BRD now?

What did she mean by this

Attached: unknown.png (994x231, 198K)

Nah it's far easier than Shinryu was on launch. i would've been disappointed if the story surrounding it wasn't so fantastic.

Holy shit

Attached: a_post_for_ants.gif (300x201, 835K)

Just finished this. What a fucking godlike expansion.

I'm only sad because we had to kill World's Best Grandpa and that G'raha Tia wasn't a puppet with future Alphinaud in the reins.

Attached: MUH DARK.jpg (252x200, 5K)

I'm interested in this game but why does everyone I see have bunny ears? Is this game furry central?

Gaius is going to be ok, isn't he? Estinien is there to jump him to Ishgard if needed.

Sounds like she's saying
FUCK TERMINATORS

Attached: main-qimg-fea6bfecf356eb572b513efe6b0322a1.jpg (602x339, 63K)

Shadowbringers' plot is exactly what a top tier JRPG should have.
FFXIV shows that Square still has plenty of talented people, but everything else they put out is just a huge mess.
It's baffling

Yoshi has an eye for talent. Soken was just the sound director before he started having him compose tracks and today we have the next Uematsu pumping out track after delicious track. Ishikaawa is also probably the best writer in the whole goddamn company right now. Either Yoshi is luckiest man on the fucking planet stumbling onto these gems or he has a knack for seeing people's potential.

"FUCK NIGGERS"

Sorry, user. Either watch the video guide or get kicked

they added two furfag races this expac

SOMEONE QUEUE FOR DYING GASP NOW

That and canning all the forever unfinished shit for the burning money pit called ffxv definitely gave them more money to throw around.

I haven't heard one person, literally not a single one saying that wow 8.2 is bringing them back into wow.
They're either leaving for ffxiv or quitting mmos altogether.

I have to wonder how the people at actiblizz is taking it, being dethroned as the king of mmos.

>spent 40 minutes in queue for Dying Gasp
>30 of those where spent looking for 2 healers

I liked the Titania music when I did the trial but then I looked it up on youtube and wasn't feeling it. Guess it just fits the fight.

It's downright sad to see how empty Soken's list of work was before FFXIV, who knows if his talent would have ever came out if it weren't for Yoshi and this game

I'm in queue right now. This is the biggest blue balls I've ever gotten.

falalalala

someone tl;dr ethe plot of ffxiv

>Look before you leap
what did you not understand? racist

crystal good but also bad

There used to be a perfect world that got fucked. The original inhabitants are trying to bring it back to usher in eternal prosperity and we're stopping them because we're mongoloids with 1/14th of their intellect.

THIS IS MY LAND
NO, THIS IS MY LAND
NO, FUCK YOU THIS IS MY LAND
ILL FUCKING KILL YOU.
LETS GO BEEFY BOY

imagine being an y'shtolafag

Attached: 135365.jpg (1680x1050, 264K)

Giving employees freedom to show their talent, even outside their positions, is almost always beneficial. Most of SE and many other video game companies are just too stuck in their hierarchical thinking to allow that

Last survivors of a dead race try to resurrect their people and world by sacrificing those who came after
We kick their ass and give them the finger

She went from a boring character to a bad one. Wish she'd Flow out of this game.

Isn't this just a shittier WOW?

Attached: 1562114981284.jpg (1076x829, 47K)

RIDING HOOOMMME

We're literally world hopping to save the BFA timeline, thats literally the story

Attached: 1561566283894.png (1024x576, 815K)

They called us healsluts for years.
Now it's the tank's turn.
Hope you don't mind me taking those instant queues and every single adventurer in need bonus for the next two years!

Attached: white2.jpg (540x810, 234K)

SHADOWBRINGERS?

MORE LIKE KINOBRINGERS!

Does the ending cover anything with Ranjit? His end felt a bit disappointing.

Nothing can be shittier than WoW at this point, but it is another sterile themepark MMO.

Yeah but WoW sucks extra bad now.

I'm so sick of Zenos. Fucking die already you cunt.
>muh friend
>muh enemy
>tha hoont
Everything else is kino though.

Attached: 1560873178962.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

Should've just thrown Ran'jit at him so they'd both leave us alone. Clingy fucks.

How do I deal optimal damage as a RDM?

Gridanian WoLs, dont forget to dig out your monoa mask for future use

is going GL4 better than just staying in fists of fire?

It's WoW with the focus shifted from gameplay depth to presentation.
It also has a huge amount of soul and care compared to current WoW

at 80 you swap to wind the GCD you can get GL4, it is better only at that point
You also don't do it during your opener because the FoF bonus damage is better than GL4 there since you don't get an extra GCD with GL4.

I kinda like Zenos, but I really hope he won't be the main bad guy at any point anymore

Can you play a cute bara cat on the trial version?

Attached: ffxiv_06302019_222502_896.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

>main SMN
>switch to SCH for dungeons
What queue?

Attached: 1560843588957.jpg (179x77, 5K)

post yfw I CHALLENGE YOU

why was that cat voice so cute?

No, expansion content isn't available to the trial

You have to own Shad.

Who /machinist/ here
The rework is so good and I'm so happy

I feel like his being a moderately good antagonist in a shit expansion and people liking him as a result of that influenced the writing team's decision to keep him relevant for longer. I can't help but think he's gonna be the main bad guy again - at least for a few patches, given the build-up they're giving him.

Tell me about SMN

it's shit

Where BLM is the POWER caster,
SMN is the SPEED caster.
Play it if you like complex rotations and a lot of buttons

I'm fine with ShB DRK in most respects, but holy fuck synced down below 70 playing it is an absolute trainwreck. TBN is such a huge part of the kit and DRK crumbles like wet toilet paper without it to lean on.

Is it the fastest job alive?

It's okay.
I just wish HB animation lockout was shorter.

>Queue for Amaurot late at night, move to the trust system after waiting 25 minutes
>2nd boss is a DPS check, I failed it twice as NIN
Bros... the clone was supposed to be kino

>complex rotations

Attached: 1562120668571.jpg (720x405, 46K)

thats blm

I love it, but I feel like something is.. missing? Like there's something we aren't seeing.

That's NIN

I really wanted to like hrothgar but their animations are awful, they stand all hunched over and their walk animations are terrible. The "running while holding two handed weapon" animation is particularly ugly. They're pretty cute during pose animations since they actually stand up straight, but for actually running around and playing they look awful. The fact that there are only four faces and 8 hairstyles (which are also locked to the faces) doesn't help either. It feels half-assed as hell. I used my free fantasia to tour it for a while and see how they looked in my gear and with my jobs' animations, but switched back the next day. I just want a furry race that isn't a big hulking hunchbacked neanderthal.

Do Viera also have hair locked to face and can't use hair styles?

Attached: 1561317275381.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

DNC is a 400 iq class

>get to rak'tika
>This music
Holy fuck I wasn't ready to jam

Bushin should've replicated our Ninjutsu. What a wasted ability.

Well it's the fastest caster job for sure.
MNK and NIN are probably the fastest overall jobs

>their animations are awful
the have the best animations and gestures in the game
You should think everyone else looks terrible

400 IQ at being the party's cumdump, HA!

>famfrit x lamia x exodus
which server should I choose to start playing bros

He's talking about Hrothgar, not Lalafell.

>Lalafell
LOL

>I love it, but I feel like something is.. missing? Like there's something we aren't seeing.
It does feel a little barebones compared to what it was before, but I still love it and I'll take it over SB MCH any day.
I would like if they brought back the regular and heated versions of the main weaponskills, maybe heated shots would activate at 20+ so you want to save up 70 heat before overheating instead of 50. Something like that, I don't know I'm not a designer.

Just anything to make it keep some of the feel of the original but still stay away from all the bad.

SMN has at least one of the most complex optimal rotations in ShB

400 DPS class more like

>72 skill is mediocre at best
>At 74 you get a little bit more of mobility
>76 is the only flashy improvement
>78 is 33% more ninki generation
>At 80 you get a shitty clone that only copies weaponskills for lower damage
What were they thinking?

Any pictures of the armor sets from the later dungeons? Did the first three and haven't really been feeling them. At least not the Tank ones anyway. Weapons have been pretty good though.

What can you buy from the Eulmore vendor once you 100% all of the shared FATE shit?

They went spectacle first for new skills.
I think it's fine though

>70% of the roe population is gone now that bara cats are out
what went right?

Give it to me straight bros, what are the top 3 DPS jobs right now?

Almost got DNC to 80 should I do MCH or BRD after that?

BLM, MNK, and DRG I think.

BLM, DRG and NIN

>from baras to furry baras
Nothing went right.

Spend the $25 for some job boosts to try what you want out

Naming conventions Yoshi P, hand them over.

Attached: mfw rats.jpg (540x540, 20K)

>all of the degenerate furfags finally abandoned the best race
What went right, indeed

ninja is the most fun class I'd ever played in any mmo ever
prove me wrong

Attached: 1525300924700.jpg (450x354, 20K)

i cant prove you wrong, because you like what you like. But for me, Mastermind is the most fun class.

Il Mheg>Rak'Tika>???>Lakeland>NotLaNoscea>Desert Shithole

>90% of femroes and Fem highlander switched to rabbits
Thank christ

Attached: 1559405394052.gif (480x270, 227K)

>spent a fuckton of seals on a Pepper to reset my chocobo and get rid of its useless tank skills
>accidentally mistook the tank skills as DPS skills while re-allocating and made things even worse

Attached: sudoku.png (394x394, 342K)

What's the stat weights for BRD right now? Still Crit and Direct hit?

>Complete MSQ
>Crystal Exarch no longer available as a trust for Lakeland's dungeon.

Attached: 1561096609289.jpg (456x335, 48K)

Mm, Il Mheg=???>Lakeland>Rak'tika>NotLanoscea>Desert.

>It's WoW with the focus shifted from gameplay depth
have you played wow recently? the only gameplay depth left in wow is certain mythic bosses

Now that TP isn't a thing, is there any job that stacks Skill Speed?

I don't understand why he and Lyna aren't selectable. What a stupid waste of development resources.

There are no weights, at all. They don't exist anymore. Get everything 440.

Who's top tier and who's in the cuckshed now?
How's SMN and BLM?

Attached: 1.png (1650x2250, 1.62M)

At least you're not SMN, yoshi fucked us giving us new cool skills. We only got traits, nothing cool looking at all till you get a bahamut glamour at 80

>SMN
In the shed alongside MNK

Both are good.

meld direct hit, just get all 440 and 450 shit. direct hit > crit with the loss of the procs being crit reliant

SMN is different but good, BLM is the same and still good

SMN is nowhere near the cuckshed

>takes 12+ runs to let them level enough to do the next dungeon
truly epic system yoshit, dead on arrival content, a ff14 special

Attached: hfgfhghfghfghfgghf.png (351x298, 125K)

I can't believe we are left with a jobber like Elidibus.

Does anyhow know if that guy is actually the strongest?

Maybe not but personally I can't stand what they did to pets, it feels way clunkier.

It wouldn't even be hard, the AI is likely going to be identical for every class, the actual character nothing more than a skin and a few lines. Bring him back SE, I want to keep my promise and go on adventures with him!

Attached: 1541706413913.png (494x471, 119K)

>I can't believe we are left with a jobber like Elidibus.
We have Zenos too

Only the Tempest version as far as I know.

I wasn't using the trusts in the first place.
When I level alt classes sure, but I just look at them as something to bypass the queue as dps or if you just want to play alone.

That said, I don't see the need to cut them off.
It's not like you're canonically going into the 71 dungeon fifty times with them.

Not BLM, that's for sure.
They erected the cuck shed, threw scholars in there and set the place on fire for shits.

Why do I give a shit exactly?

Even the fucking pose was there. Then the summoning pillars show up and I just nutted holy shit.

Since Emet-Selch was Hades
I'm predicting that Elidibus is Lich

SAM has been open to a SkS build since SB.
Might not have been quite as optimal as Crit/DH but it was boat loads more fun IMO.

>post the one reason you refuse to play a class despite it being to your taste otherwise
Going from DRK & PLD, I just can't go back to not having circular two-step AoE combo. A cone into a circle just feels lazy as fuck. I just fucking hate cones in general. It's why I don't play MCH either.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1072x107, 12K)

Lawd he coming.

Attached: 1562109272731.png (1402x958, 1.72M)

some have argued Zeromus
my money is on Necron

If only there was a way to make both our wills come true.

Just level two jobs through trusts at the same time. Then by the time you get the second up to 73 they will be 73 too.

Attached: yoshida.jpg (1155x699, 633K)

I doubt nin is the fastest, with gl4 and leveling gear my gcd on mnk has been as low as 1.91

This finale will never topped.

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_123834_392.png (2560x1440, 3.51M)

Are there any FF entities either associated with snakes or with being an emissary?

BLMS CALLING TONIGHT
(BLMS CALLING TONIGHT)
BLMS CALLING TONIGHT
(BLMS CALLING TONIGHT)

>YoshiP quietly used his new executive authority to blast Tabata into the sun and cancel the remainder of XV

Attached: sip.jpg (270x187, 12K)

>this says I should beat it with 11.7k dps as a BLM
>dealt 12.01k and barely beat it with 1 second left
Doesn't sound right.

Attached: 1562106010962.png (341x527, 29K)

Can anyone explain the last line of the exarch?

about Graha Tia should wake up or something. Isn't he Graha?

those are probably just so people don't go from that shit your pants hype moment to a 40 min queue

That's him...! That's Janny!

>finish MSQ
>everyone else in my FC except one guy is below level 75
Fug, I don't want to go into EX shit without my friends

Attached: IMG_2488.jpg (400x255, 59K)

>FFXVI
>Produced by YoshiP
>Written by Shadowbringers main writer.
>Designs by Akihiko Yoshida.
Would you play it?

He's future Graha. He means the one sleeping in the tower.

Other healers, is it me or do I have to press buttons to heal as an AST? I feel like shit like CO and CI could gain a potency buff. I haven't really struggled to heal yet but just feels like I have to utilize my entire toolkit.

he's future Graha. He wishes that present Graha could wake up so he could spend more time with the WoL

>tfw when WAR gets a hammer
Please tell me PLD gets a mini-hammer from the dwarves.

Attached: e0d66f186d8723632c7ebef80263bc53.jpg (727x1000, 95K)

BRD and MCH's cone AoEs cover significantly more area than any circle AoE in the game except caster LBs. 12y radius is fucking enormous.

He's Graha from a timeline where the 8th calamity (black rose) happens

cute bunny

>AST
Lmao.

Khole is the only good cat.

They get a pickaxe

No! He's doing it for free again!
dwarf sword is a pickaxe

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_204413_286.png (1920x1080, 965K)

>I haven't really struggled to heal yet but just feels like I have to utilize my entire toolkit.
uh, isnt that how it should be seems like a good thing to me

The Dummies will never be perfect.

So we were once an ascian council member right?

Attached: snow-coastal-rosy-boa - Copy.jpg (600x400, 72K)

FUCK

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_204427_651.png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

You greatly underestimate how much i enjoy the music, the battles, and the flavor text.

Attached: 1561649285019.jpg (576x576, 273K)

Why does eScape play in The Twinning when it has nothing to do with Omega?

theres a possibility that we were the 14th. We chose to stand against Zodiark, and created Hyaedalyn once it became too much.

Probably, way too many hints pointed towards it

I saw one of these snakes at the local zoo not too long ago, she was very cute

Fucking awesome. Anyone have photos?

Quite possibly the one who stepped down before summoning of Zodiark

>Finally get a shared fates zone to rank 3
>only new things to buy are an orchestrion roll and a piece furniture.

Attached: 1536759688406.png (500x454, 403K)

ASCIANS

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_204441_438.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

Do you even get any reward for leveling your trusts up to max? Or is it purely just "your reward is that you can do the dungeons with them"

big robot man boss

>having friends

Attached: 14874846486.png (576x432, 379K)

>Urianger's so fucking happy to explain basic elementary school tier magic to my dipshit catboy who can't read a poster
I missed him so much bros he's so perfect

Attached: Urianger BASED.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Attached: 20190701183822_1.jpg (1680x1050, 287K)

AND
FUCK

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_204446_451.png (1920x1080, 948K)

eScape is a remix of Azys Lla's theme, so it's basically the Allagan theme. Most of Allag's tech was reverse engineered from Omega.

Knowing what WoL is, do you think they have a chance for a happy ending, or are they fucked?

>regular cat population unaffected; if anything there's an increase in catboys
I'm not surprised, but it's a little weird.

the song is about wanting to return home, since it’s about Omega’s endless testing in an attempt to find a way to travel back to his home. They probably went “yeah this theming sounds about right” and remixed it into the Crystal Tower because it’s now a time travel device.

Wait so our actual Graha is in the tower as well?

Every viera player looks the same its insane, everyone is practically a palette swap.

>eScape is a remix of Azys Lla's theme
What? I don't hear it at all.

JANNIES

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_204453_157.png (1920x1080, 1.25M)

I leveled AST to 70 before the patch notes came out on one character and then from 57-70 on another after
Aside from obviously the cards being completely different, the only difference I noticed was that you have to pop gcds more because both regens have the same cooldown and treat collective unconsciousness like an actual healer CD rather than only using it on damage spreading mechanics to look big brained.

He's in the tower on the Source.

Listen again, because that's what it is.

>Final boss is PSO2

Attached: 1509129993194.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

yes. The cutscene showing the Heavensward book was Graha in the future looking for a way to bring you back. With the help of Biggs III, they figure out a way to transport the tower to the First using Alexander and Omega parts

Just completed ShB.
Where do I learn about these plot points
Our past life
the dream about us reading about heavensward
any other fun lore

Did you not play Crystal Tower?
He went to sleep at the end to preserve the tower, while still keeping it locked away until man was ready to understand it's technology and use it for the good of all

Speedreaders get the black rose.

Crits keep getting fatter.

Attached: 1559749129280.png (510x68, 21K)

Anyone have more of these images? I love these, but I need more

Attached: 1561435084350.jpg (700x700, 254K)

hydaelinfags get out

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_215945_225.jpg (1920x1080, 719K)

Thanks for answering one of my questions LOL

We were or Minfilia was and we were just a close friend of certain council members

Any other SAM bros here? Just wondering the best way to use ikishoten. Just press it as soon as the fight starts and on cooldown? same thing with senei?

mah nigga.

>Being likened to an ancient wise sorcerer made him giddy with joy.

Attached: ffxiv_30062019_074829_651.jpg (682x738, 186K)

Wasn't speed reading but I've been on 2-4 hours of sleep for the past few days playing this. My memory isn't exactly the greatest right now.

like phantasy star? No, the game is garbage and won't do shit in NA

t.8k hours on jp servers

This is all in the new expansion for FF14?

youtube.com/watch?v=dYOSYDBJyZg
0:51
youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jwsypbz10&t
1:47

We dont know too much about our life as a Amaurontian, but its presumed that we're the 14th council member separated into multiple pieces across the 13. in addition, the Echo might just be Hyaedalyn's gift to us for creating her.
The book was being read by future Graha, trying desperately to find a way to bring you back

sup

Attached: 1530875151634.png (922x921, 1.61M)

Yeah, as you might have seen looking at some threads ect everyone is pretty much floored with how good it turned out to be.

Nah. There are some passing similarities in the structure of the song but nowhere near enough to say that it's a remix.

So far it seems like Ikishoten should be used directly after Hakaze and Senei used during trick attack so when you used to use guren.

Thanks mate. I don't remember the first plot point in the story. Is it in the side quests?

I love how the people on the different maps, especially the ones that you encountered, actually matter.

That fucking giant talos was hype as fuck. Feo and Amaro calvary was hype and funny.

mom i posted it again

user I don't know what to tell you. The melody is exactly the same, just sped up.

>Play GNB as first tank
>Love it instantly
>Start tanking in dungeons
>Think I'm doing alright but can't shake the feeling that I'm not really contributing
I understand that healers keep everyone alive and DPS actually kill the monsters but I personally feel useless. Sure I keep the monsters at bay but my damage is really lame and I can't heal for shit. I don't think my brain is wired for MMOs.

when you're on the bench waiting at the DMV, Emet's friend talks to you for a bit, and notices that both you and Ardbert have the same color soul, and that he thought he recognized you

The construction happening so quickly was some major bullshit but it was still cool as hell.
I was hoping they'd call it the Giant of Babil.

why do ff14 bros get so defensive when anyone says anything negative about their game?

Thank you for answering. It's got my interest peaked. I've been replaying City of Heroes ever since the expack came out. I kind of missed having a collective experience with people.

I might have to try this out. I grabbed ESO a few weeks ago during the E3 sale and it just did not grab me.

Sounds like tanking isn't for you brothetr. Some people feel guiding the monsters is more important than healing or killing them, some feeling killing them is more important ect.

Play whatever is fun and enjoy the expansion

Your work as tank is mostly finished a few seconds into the fight with how tanks works now with the enmity ability. Rest is simple fight mechanics.

WILL YOU FUCK OFF

I wish they were really trying to kill wow

God these npcs are fucking slow.

I see. Makes sense. Thanks.

>several cutscenes will play in sequence.
>It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety.
I'm enjoying my time with this game. I've always balked at the mmos taking the roman numerals but this honestly feels more ff than some of its single player counterparts. It'll probably be a few more weeks before I actually reach shadowbringers but I don't feel like I'm in any hurry.

Attached: 1546157695900.jpg (782x577, 30K)

If you werent there to suck up the hurt, they would all die. And while your dps isnt high, you are still contributing.

"Where are you from really?"
KINO ENDING
HOLY SHIT, THIS WAS FUCKING GREAT.

So why did King Thordan freak out at the end of HW? Is it somewhat related to you being a soul of a resurrected Ascian?

i'm gay

You seem pretty tired user, why don't you go back to the pendants and have a rest?

>people actually thinking titanias theme is good
what is wrong with you weebs?

possibly. he might also just be crazy

What this colossal faggot was probably asking is "what is the most broken / overpowered class" just remember this is the type of retard you might be queuing with.

Depends on what the negative thing is. Most of the negative things we hear are about the GCD and ARR fetch quests. We've heard them a thousand times before.

The GCD fixes itself around level 30-50 depending on which job you pick and yeah some of the ARR quests just kind of suck and have to be powered through.

If you are interested you can play for free up to level 35, it shows a decent bit about the questing ect. Combat starts out slow but becomes fulfilling enough imo once you get some levels and skill to use.

>Clear Innocence extreme blind within 40 minutes with randoms
Wow, ya’ll weren’t kidding with meming how easy he is in extreme. Kinda disappointing to be honest. Titania’s harder then him.

Attached: 68DF06FA-FA2C-4588-997B-156EFA8E83E7.jpg (750x1000, 240K)

you're playing it the right way, user
zoom zooms rushing to 80 are fucked

I don't hear azys Lla in it

I only hear Syrcus Tower battle theme/eScape in it

youtu.be/Rz7K7u47Wls?t=84

Hydaelyn frequently calls us her beloved child and seems to trusts us the most when it comes to kicking Primal/Ascian ass
but it's Minfilia among all others she chooses to be her Word, and Elidibus gives a firm no killing rule for her which Nabriales follows yet didn't seem to extend to WoL
What is up with that

>music appropriate for fae bullshit
>weeb

Attached: 73763dac23a7ca6ec41427c792e6c0ef.jpg (666x558, 46K)

shadowbringers is the best ff game they've made in like a decade, it's very good and worth waiting for

It's because he transformed into a primal juiced up on nidhogg's eyes and centuries of prayer and you still fucked him up.

I mean, it is kind of nice that people recognize that the WoL/WoD is still just a man and not an immortal god slayer.

The bit about creating Hydaelyn is speculation based on the 14th member of the council being separate from the other 13 who make up the ascians, WoLs on two different worlds having the same soul and the possibility that the survivor of the lost world is the same. Also everything turns out to revolve around you anyway, so why not this too.

eScape is Azys Lla

Really? I thought it was a bit more omnious of that, it still kinda questioned me two expansions later. He seemed less spooked on getting defeated by you but more that he knows you.

30min wait for last trial... What the fuck.

>be one of the best written characters in the series
>will most likely be forgotten because he isnt in a single-player mainline FF game

I will never forget

i did titania first and haven't touched innocence yet
titania was super easy imo so is he even easier?

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_230519_413.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

You keep everyone else from dying by soaking up hits dude
DPS and Healers melt fast when damage comes their way

To be fair hydaelyn needs boots on the ground, minfilia was not a capable fighter, you've slain gods. While Hydaelyn has a special connection to minfilia, you are still of importance.

Its up in the air.

is true that ShB is actually better than any main FF game?

Attached: 1557419341670.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

Expansion 1st trials are easier due to the fact it is used to lure new players as well.

Remember Lakshmi? Bitch was easy as fuck I thought her extreme trial was normal mode.

Got in 45mins. Should've joined me an hour ago mate.

Shouldn't have bullied healers into leaving.

And PLDfags here appreciating this god sent weaponskill?
The guy who came up with it is fucking genius.

Attached: 1556728390291.png (80x80, 17K)

Should I do Innocence EX or Titania EX first? Which is easier?

Attached: 1560751237696.png (404x404, 118K)

This, it feels like they actually tried to make us an actual character and not a murder hobo/nod bot.

What if The Twelve are the ones who created Hyaedalyn, and you happen to be the one you chose during character creation

The best villain in the game. You can't even blame him. He's a way better Ardyn imo.

Although what was he planning with the WoL if things went differently?

>Expansion 1st trials are easier
Ravana says hi.

Innocence is piss easy, but Titania gives weapons.

Blame Yoshi for that one. Can't tell you how many times I hear a fucking healer whine that they were nerfed and to check reddit for proof they can't heal big pulls any longer.

titania so you get your weapon first

>than any
Probably not. But it is still pretty great.

DRK is actually nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be. Even with 1 combo you have so much bullshit to keep track of that it still feels very active. Maybe it'll get boring once I get used to it.

Oh I misphrased it, I meant that more in terms of who was it between the two that summoned Hydaelyn, assuming it's not some newly introduced character

It is the best FF story since at least X in my opinion, if you don't count some parts of XI anyway.

You're supposed to like being called a healslut.

Any bets on one of them being [Anima

you can't even pull that big anymore, all the new dungeons have like two pack pulls at most
the old dungeons got a bit sketchier yeah but things die incredibly fast now so it works out to about the same

>Sir, I think I hear pixies
youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

Attached: 20190629045254_1.jpg (1680x1050, 120K)

I did Tit EX first but FC member said Innocence is piss easy, even easier than Tit which is already easy.

there is basically no reason to ever use nocturnal ast because diurnal is more mana and gcd efficient, which means more time DPSing. The only time to use it is if being full health isn't enough to survive an attack, which it almost always is.

For what it's worth, DRK are really pleasant to heal. They seem like they're literally unkillable in dungeons.

I forgot to mention that they started that during SB.

>It'll probably be a few more weeks before I actually reach shadowbringers

I wish I could play it all over again, enjoy it user!

The biggest pull out of every dungeon is the triple pack in the 79 dungeon. Shit's fucking HARD to keep a tank up.

>spoiled tanks now need to deal with DPS queues
Sure it's temporary but man is it nice while lasts

I enjoyed it way more than XV but that's a bit of an unfair comparison.

I've recently got DRK at 80 and I'm still not sure what the optimal opener is. I always end up using my MP or Darkside bar way too soon and end up not having enough to use Fray.

It's mostly because of TBN. But for DRK who don't know about it...

>spend the last half of sb leveling and gearing tanks because i wanted to try them out
>went through the msq on drk
>start to level a dps to 80 but without the constant threat of death it's kinda boring
well shit, i think i ruined a role for myself

Doesnt matter, both are easy. Like all launch primals.

So what the fuck was Ranjit's problem?

Attached: ffxiv_lyse_hext_anime_screenshot_by_dreamangel_ren-dbodtkh.png (1024x666, 502K)

I doubt we're going to be introduced to any new Ascians at this point. Most of the top-tier Ascians are now dead and it's essentially been revealed that the most powerful Ascians are/were Lahabrea, Elidibus and Emet-Selch and we've killed two of them.

Should I be canceling dreadwyrm trance with deathflare immediately or at the last second?

This is super cute.

monk/monk-like characters are universally awful, it seems

>Even with 1 combo you have so much bullshit to keep track of that it still feels very active.
like what

>healers get absolutely fucked
>tell them to shut up and play something else if they dont like it
>healers leave and play something else

HOW COULD HEALERS DO THIS

Attached: if you dont like the changes just play something else.jpg (840x816, 310K)

He was tired of fighting and wanted to take his daughter and let her die in bliss in Vauthry's "paradise". He raised all the previous Minfilias and loved them like daughters. He was the anti-Thancred.

He thought he was right and we were wrong. We proved otherwise.

He's an old man who has fought Sin Eaters his entire life, and has trained various Minfilia's throughout his lifetime, only to watch them die and see how the Sin Eater problem just never ends. He is tired of training a little girl just to watch her die and tired of fighting a losing war.

I don't think Amaurot will stop giving me chills. Just the idea that something major happens and then their fear fucks them completely over to an insane degree is pretty disheartening. The monsters look downright disturbing even for palette swaps

WHM here
Laughing.

Proving my theory all healers are whiny, fickle, fags.

I got MCH to 80 and really like it, what should I level next?

ShB is up there as one of the best FF stories for sure. That said, it's not hard to top mediocrity stemming from XIII and XV. I didn't even like XII so I'll add that there.

An expansion did what mainline FFs couldn't.

Which GCD do NINs actually apply TA now? Still 5th?

eh i'm still playing sch because I don't trust anyone else to heal efficiently

it's boring as fuck but it's still stronger than the others

don't blame ast players for dropping it though

Cooldowns on all your abilities, making sure you have enough MP and Blood to do whatever you need to do as efficiently as possible without overcapping. DRK is essentially the oGCD/resource management tank and its GCD combo is basically filler.

The fuck? How'd I miss that?

Azi Dahaka is typically a serpent but its never been anything more than a dungeon boss iirc

are the calamities before the one that involved a flood detailed anywhere?

My Holy dick lasts at you

Feels good to be an ACN.

>who are you people really?
>The Artist Alphinaud and his assistants!

Attached: 1502421016708.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Dont worry tank bros. We won.

Attached: tank in need.png (428x274, 109K)

Anybody got the math for all dps of the jobs?

Heavensward is a treat. Stormblood has its ups and downs. And just look at the thread for Shadowbringers

Its the additional textures and details. Everything is horrifying, especially that first boss with the mouths for skin and a skull on the end of the horn.

it's either 10th or 12th, i forget which
it's super late now either way

I haven't had any problem with queues as a tank except for Expert roulette, everything else is pretty reasonable. Having a glut of tanks and DPS and shortage of healers is only to be expected when there's a new tank job and dps job and no new healer.

>Make healers less interesting and give them elss to do
>Man those healers are whiny bitches

>Not Adventurers of no import
For shame.

Attached: 1556732081817.gif (530x320, 312K)

>outDPSing samurais as a monk
Where are the naysayers now?

Bard.

the first lorebook has some background info on them

Healer here. If you don't compliment my cute glamour and laugh at my silly jokes followed up with smileys I will make sure you never get into a party again!

WoL was pretty snarky this expac
>yes mother

I like to imagine WoL was completely sincere about that, and wasn't just being a cheeky cunt

>it's either 10th or 12th
Oh fuck, this changes everything.
Why's that?

>we are the shadowniggers
wtf i thought you guys said this was kino

How is zenos autism so strong?

Innocence doesn’t even need waymarkers. Had to use them with Titania, though

At least I can level SCH and indirectly level my summoner while doing minimum effort

What tank should I level next? I honestly wanted to level a DPS but I wanna make some space in my armory chest.

WAR
PLD
GNB

I still hate what they did to Monk but damn if I don't shit damage now. Bootshine hits like a fucking train.

Attached: 1562042973225.png (1071x990, 1.82M)

They don't really dwell on it so it might be easy to miss. His dying words are: "Ah, there you are, my little girls..."

>outDPSing black mage as a scholar

wow i can't believe black mage is fucking dead

grey pug dps numbers dont mean shit

You need to get 80 ninki for the shadow clone before you TA. Your opening Suiton gets eaten for the ninki and then you use the one from tcj to do the trick.

Lahabrea is going to return somehow.

Amaurot was an amazing dungeon. You'e got Emet narrating while shit is going down, the music feels kinda hopeful but with a tinge of sadness. The dreadful shit all around you? It's actually one of their best designed dungeons to date.

It is the truth, Alphy is an artist, and if there really was a "Main character" it would be him.

>swapped from dps to healer and loving every second of it
anyone else?

Tanks use ACT too right? So how do they measure how good they are? Is it how much damage you take?

My retarded sleep deprived brain saw that but I thought he had a seperate family but then they never picked up on it.

At least I was kinda right.

I actually did answer that just so I can see Alphinaud react.

Don't forget the most important detail:
The area titles describing its own story.. Thus did the first break us.

Reminder that with Crystal Graha still being there we could've let Emet and Elidibus go back to their time and that whatever they could've done wouldn't change our own history.

KINO

Attached: ffxiv_07012019_234512_692.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Which DPS did you used to play and what healer now?

WHM is pretty enjoyable now, I could see it.

I see. Thanks the for the heads up.
Do you still apply TA every 60 secs or nah?

No these are comparable, it's not a case of SAM not knowing what to do or floor tanking, all of them lag behind by about 1k consistently

How though, he was an unbroken ascian like Emet-Selch, he doesn't have other reflections that could take his place. It's possible that a new Ascian could take the "title" of Lahabrea but it's not really the same thing and he would have to be less powerful because there are no other unbroken Ascians.

>Part of the UI that gives you a name of the location you enter instead serves as another tool of narration for Emet Selch in that dungeon
>That music
>That final zone of the dungeon

Attached: 1562053066773.png (520x390, 22K)

>snarky mommy Yshtola
>dork daddy Urianger
>drunken PTSD older brother Thancred
>Little sister Miniphilia
I'm amazed they managed to make the scions into not just decent but great characters in a single expac after years of them being annoying faggots
All it took was killing off the comic relief characters

It's much more exciting a role yeah, but the responsibility feels too much for me to main it

>YoshiP makes a better FFXV story than Tabata IN FFXIV
The car is so fucking cool

A tank's goal is do the most DPS they possibly can without losing hate or being a major burden on the healers.

Just look at your DPS number, fuck the healers.

How would you know it wouldn't change our history?

Do not fucking bully Bugman.

Your brain isn't wired to function in any form in society you fucking retard.

Is melding and maximizing tenacity for tanks a meme? How big are the differences in damage taken and dealt compared to focusing on the other stats people usually go for?

The 6th, which was a flood, likely the shard had an overabundance of water aether. There might be some stuff in the lorebooks about it, but I think a few bits and pieces are from the HW Alliance Raid quest line, since all the Mhach stuff was during the War of the Magi, which ended with the 6th Umbral Calamity.

AUTHORS OF OUR FATES
ORCHESTRATE OUR FALL FROM GRACE
POOREST PLAYERS ON THE STAGE
OUR DEFIANCE DRAGS US STRAIGHT TO THE EDGE
A REFLECTION IN THE GLASS
RECOLLECTIONS OF OUR PAST
SWIFT AS DARKNESS COLD AS ASH
FAR BEYOND THIS DREAM IS PARADISE LOST

Attached: 1558070057497.jpg (379x375, 13K)

GNB for fun
PLD for usefulness
WAR for fel cleave

>G'raha
>Ardbert
>Feo Ul
I can't take it anons, this game is giving me too much feels

Attached: ffxiv_07022019_041320_912.png (1920x1001, 1.85M)

Does ACT work with ShB?

>when the lyrics kick in to the Crystarium night theme

Attached: 1555581188038.gif (400x318, 977K)

Attached: pepejam.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

yes

Tenacity sucks.
The only thing you care about in XIV is damage, as any role. The best stat is the one that lets you do the most damage and Tenacity has the weakest scaling, probably because it also boosts defense.

Yep

It was funny and endearing both. Alphy's become quite the wordsmith.

The Sixth Calamity was water, in which the War of the Magi overused their magic to the point of completely tipping the aetherial balance of the world. In lore, magic is connected to the water element.

IS Y'shtola blind? I never realized it before this expac kek.

Attached: GUEST_c58aff39-9071-4f1b-a270-5d00f41a0db4 - Copy.jpg (488x488, 35K)

>Lotus Juice sings the next trial we get
What's your reaction?

Nah. During the last part of the normal mode fight, he's so utterly shocked that you survived his Ultimate End that he just wanders around wildly swinging his sword instead of fighting properly.
We pole-axed him good with how strong we were, it shattered his beliefs/

>saw four characters dressed as fray today
INSOLENCE

stop skipping cutscenes

Yeah since the clone has a 110 second cooldown you just want to pump out tricks so every second one will ine up with the clone.

They were not kidding when they said this was on par with some single player RPGs. That finale. I can't wait to see whats next.

What the fuck are they going to do about the servers being full? NA is packed, literally no one can make a character

it comes up exactly once in hw after they pull her out of the lifestream and matoya notices something is wrong with her eyes
then they forgot about it for like 4 years

Did the same shit with tanks, nigger. Don't try that shit with me. Only difference is that healers actually have to do something or else people die. Tanks are shittier dps.

>Took 2 expansions to realize she was blind
Bet you bought a story skip, didn't you

As per numbers MNK is 3rd highest. Which is fucking crazy considering the things they removed from the job.

With that said, MNKbros I need council. I understand the use of Anatman. But SSS? Is it really just a ender if you know you can't get back within 5 seconds of the enemy?

And what the fuck is the use of TK now? Look at this shit.

TK
>330 potency
>Needs ALL GL stacks to use

Bootshine
>Leadened Bootshine does 330 fucking potency
>Can do it every other rotation

SSS
>400 potency
>Fucking spammable

TK IS FUCK USELESS.

Pour one out for the comedy duo who were to this day the only combat-capable members of the team who actually would have been cool to hang out with

Yes, I mean before that one
I remember the other shards getting eaten by fire and one dissolving into earth, but not the actual story behind those

Attached: 20190701012254_1.jpg (1680x1050, 348K)

She has aetheric daredevil vision that is acute enough that she can see what kind of paint is on the walls in the gayer night cult's walls, but fails to recognize (You) because of how bloated with light aether you are

strawpoll.me/18262638

Except you get to be a blue dps.
Healers get 1 ST nuke, 1 dot, 1 aoe spell for the most part.
It's fucking boring when you aren't actively healing anyone.

I honestly believe that SE trusted that ShB was going to be amazing so they really poured the excess budget not used from XV into fucking promoting the shit out of the expansion.

it's back to being bad like it was for an entire expansion and a half

I can't be the only one who loves the title screen music? It immediately pumps you up in a shit gets real way.

>People actually thought we would "turn dark"
>People thought that everything we had accomplished so far would turn out to have actually been a bad thing
>People thought we would have to turn on Hydaelyn
>People thought there would be hard decisions, moral dilemmas, and major character deaths
Be honest anons, are any of you disappointed? I loved the story but I think a lot of people were expecting something very different.

You use TK as a finisher below 1%, but yes it's actually useless now with 6SS and Anat existing. Even FoE has more merit than TK in it's current form. I was surprised how many 6SS opportunities there are in the EX fights though, kinda like it

Alrighty, thanks for the info.

Don't compare you dps to the healers or actual DPS classes, compare it to other tanks.

I'm glad I was genuinely surprised and had no idea where the story was going at points.

>People were laughing about DRG losing piercing
>In the shed, in the shed
>Now highest rdps and pdps melee
>SAMcucks mad
>MNKcucks mad
>NINcucks especially mad

Attached: ee3c23776db328b76a2dc9384018bb7f.gif (540x302, 3.27M)

>almost day 6
>still 0 guides for dnc
>0 dnc openers

Attached: projared.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>People thought there would be hard decisions, moral dilemmas, and major character deaths
This is the only part that bugs me.
Having characters "die" then being brought back instantly after is pretty lame.

Whoa uh.
Do I sense a bit of chemistry?

Attached: WHOATHATSFORBIDDEN.png (446x181, 135K)

SSS is actually usable? I'm still iffy about it but I just finished the MSQ a few hours ago and want to destress for at least a day before starting the EX trials.

TK is garbo. Its use cases are so incredibly rare that you may as well just take it off your bars.

The Wind calamity is a mystery, but the Moogles have some vague memory of it shredding the Floating Continent above the Sea of Clouds.
The Lightning calamity was caused by pollution in an industrial world causing horrendous lightning storms that drove people underground. Lightning is associated with industry and creation.
The Fire calamity was caused during an age filled with religious wars and witch hunts, and for some reason the sun came closer to the world and scorched the planet. It's the reason Thanalan is a desert. Fire is associated with justice.
The Earth calamity was caused by overloading the Crystal Tower with a powerload from Dalamud it couldn't handle, which caused worldwide earthquakes. Earth is associated with growth and change.
Ice is a mystery, but caused an ice age.

>implying losing the aggro combo tanks never used anyways made a difference to their gameplay
>comparing that to the dps utility being reduced to 2 buttons
Thanks for proving my theory that only brainlets play tank.

Attached: 1538858820866.webm (660x440, 2.02M)

How far back was XV canned though?
Might have dumped the extra all into the marketing since much of the expansion groundwork would have already been finished by that point

Self-cast TBN is really good and literally pays for itself because when it pops; it procs skills that cost the same MP to use manually. So the best way to pull is to constantly put TBN on ourselves which is basically 3-5 seconds of invincibility every 15 seconds.

Is Yshtola brown?

Healers were drama queens before this expansion and we're just now seeing it en masse. But that's a good point you bring up. They raped both roles and made them less fun. I can't imagine leveling ANY job with how shitty some of them are at low levels. I want them to buff healers back up a bit because cutting their fuckin' wrists is stupid. With a smart healer and tank damage still isn't an issue.

By being a good MMO while WoW continues to burn they are contributing.

Minfilia actually died though.
I swear if they bring her back.

>People thought we would have to turn on Hydaelyn
Regarding what Emet said, Hydaelyn isn't exactly "good" either. We'll probably figure out more in the patches or another expansion.

Yeah. I guess. However, It was a nice dark fantasy journey though. I wasn't a too big of a fan of the woods but everything else was pretty great.

Get your mind out of the gutter

>MNKcucks mad
MNKs are 3rd so they aren't that mad. They are mad though about the removal of certain oGCDs. And to be honest, I feel them. Contrary to what people expect though they aren't going to the shed though that's for sure.

if you've seen dororo it's probably exactly like this

Attached: Dororo - 02 - Large 09.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Thancred should have died. He had the perfect dramatic end to his arc. He has no reason to be in the story now, he's only still around because he's the only tank trust. Not having him die was a wasted opportunity for an impactful narrative moment.

Akademia Anyder's music is so good and captures the pending plight of Amaurot perfectly

Feels good man

Technically Minfilia is actually dead this time, and the expac does set up the possibility of killing Hydaelyn if she were actually summoned again

Can't this faggot do anything right?

Attached: 1561960051182.png (1920x1080, 1.3M)

I'm new and can't pick a job for the ARR leveling process. I've got Gladiator, Conjurer and Pugilist all at level 25 but I can't decide on one to commit to.

So who won from each role?
>PLD
>BLM
>MCH
>DRG
we can agree, right?

Attached: lionfinal.png (1888x2644, 944K)

Emet is literally tempered by Zodiark who got his ass kicked by Hydaelyn so his opinion on her really shouldn't be considered

The fact that they made me actually give a shit about Y'shtola for the first time ever speaks volumes.
It helps that her new outfit gives me a raging erection

I don't know. I'm okay with him dying or not dying. I feel forcing a death leaves a bit of a bad aftertaste.

They're probably going to build up Elidibus as a major villain but it's going to feel so dumb when he's already lost to both us and Zenos.

I like Y'shtola less after Shadowbringers. She's a huge cunt.

I backfilled into a fight in the beginning of Sunken Temple of Qarn and instantly died from the three enemies. Then I noticed the healer was a fucking Level 35 Conjurer. Then I saw their gear and lost all hope for humanity. Their max healing was about 102 HP per Cure II. We made it to the second boss before vote abandoning.

Attached: why.png (620x692, 289K)

you guys told me dragoon was fun... I'm literally spamming 2 abilities and nothing else for who knows how long, I can't even do cool jumps or anything

What is the best/most fun melee dps class?

>tfw going from femroe to rabbit

never looking back

Attached: 5860C14F-0ECE-4C60-8D3D-EA6DEB6DCEDC.jpg (1024x1002, 210K)

It seems like they bleached Yshtola

DRG
NIN
SAM

Her being a huge cunt is far more preferable than her being the most bland, inoffensive waifubait possible.

Don't worry too much. Once you get it to Rank 20 you can have everything.

Why there still isn't ilvl restrictions of MSQ dungeons is beyond me

Nah I think it was fun he's alive. Urianger foresaw that shit would be happening that's why he left. To get more healers just in case.

Thancred's speech was gut-wrenching though. He really kept that guilt building up inside of him for years. That final cry (which I presume he says "I love you" was his final goodbye to Minfilia because he knew she would never come back. I loved it.

Bro. You buy reagan peppers with Allied Seals, they cost almost nothing. Don't use Company Selas.

LNC upgrades to DRG at 30, you get jump then
Every class is pretty shit through the first four MSQ dungeons/Ifrit

>using GC seals to buy pepper instead of 20 mother fucking allied seals
Fucking WHY?

Is it possible to pick up this game again if I haven't played it since a month after (re)release? Is the amount of catching up one has to do monumental?

>"Our strongest sorcerer just died at the hands of WoL, what should I do about this?"
>"I know! I'll try summoning more WoLs! Noone ever tried that before."
Imagine surviving death of over 3/4th of your race, seeing rest sundered and your world destroyed, only to find out that the only two others who survived were Lahabrea and Elidibus. Hades deserved better.

Attached: 1551550979481.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

Ranged or Melee DPS?

el ogro de la noscea

Imagine being an Ascian and trying to create something but you keep remembering that stupid eme your friend kept telling you about the ass with a face or something, and it indirectly interferes with the creation process as you give rise to an ass faced monstrosity.

Because in the FFXIV world if we go with the theory that there's only one timeline since there's no reason for Graha to go back in time anymore given that the 1st's rejoining never happened, crystal Graha shouldn't exist anymore, since he's still here, there's multiple timelines, one for every living being, that's why Graha comments on the fact that since he's still here, he probably didn't save the world he came from but only ours.

The jesters are the first's versions of Lyse and Yda

Whats the dps tier list

You can lvl them all so just pick one you enjoy more. There's a shortage of healers right now if you want easy q's.

what do you spend seals on

>She's a huge cunt.

How? Because she talked shit to Thancred? LIke she said, she hold him in a higher standard so while she feels she overreacted, it's not like what she said was out of malice.

She's been in the 1st for like I forgot, 5 years? 3? Anyone would change a little by then. I like her more now than before. I miss the thigh-highs though.

>You can lvl them all so just pick one you enjoy more.
Not if I want to advance the MSQ at a reasonable pace.

My favorite job > Shit > Your favorite job.

Pretty fitting since Lyse is a clown too.

for Company Seals I usually buy ventures, cordials, glamour prisms, or dark matter.

Elidibus will prob just go full crazy after all his failures and attempt to btfo everything if ascians can't have it. Zenos and WoL will broup for a minute to sotp him and then have their final duel. Screencap this.

God damn, I rather take a bot at this point.

That's why he simply begs you to remember them. Because he knows the dream is dead.

She is just bitchy and full of herself.

Yeah there are some inconsistencies with what she can and can't see. She can read books and translate tablets but can't see the sky but can notice it when it goes dark.

Attached: 0cjm8b43avn11.jpg (188x264, 12K)

Why didn't they just build a giant umbrella?

How does the city still exist after Hades kicked the bucket?

It takes like two weeks to get through Stormblood from level 1 without skipping anything with only going close to full-NEET mode on weekends. ARR is pretty shit besides 35-50 and the bridge between it and HW is as long as a full expac but with literally zero direction until you get to Shiva

crystal is so shit

Attached: 154931457098033.jpg (750x375, 36K)

>implying he doesn't want to make (You) whole by feeding you your other shards and then suck your dick

Like I said, how?

I would agree about her being snarky. But bitchy and full of herself. Now that's just pushing it to "what the hell are you actually smoking" territory.

You can pay for skips but I don't see why people complain about catching up(besides ARR being kind of bland). Just play the game and enjoy it otherwise you will be at the end like the rest of us with nothing to do as we wait for trickiling content.

depends on how much time you are playing
a NEET could probably no-life it in a month

Ink and tablets have aether in them. She can see that. She can't see the night sky because the aether of those stars is too far away.

What if ditching Zenos' body and letting him find about Zodiark Hydaelyn shit was actually intentional?

she may be like alexander. the ascians imbued her with a will to protect life, even emet said that. she may be trying to be hands off as not to cause more trouble.

Are we sure they're the 'original' Lahabrea and Elidibus? It's never indicated they aren't, but I need a reason for Elidibus to be so headachingly retarded. They honestly can't build that fucker up as some real big bad guy.

But it has Balmug, the best server.

Unless it's addressed directly, there was an off-handed comment about how it will fade away in time

What opener are BRD supposed to use now?

Man, I hope the short stories they release outside of the game have something to do with what the scions were up to while they were in The First without you, or some of the side characters.

Yes, Emet tells you that himself, Lahabrea, and Elidibus are the only three people that survived the sundering.

There are usually 8 side stories, so I wouldn't be surprised if 4 of them were Alphinaud, Alisaie, Urianger, and Thancred.

this

Attached: ohgod.png (285x311, 113K)

Nigga I was saying just level one and come back to the rest later. It's not like you have to completely make a new character.

>Elidibus is all about muh balance
What if his now plan is for (You) and Zenos to eat Hydaelyn and Zodiark and then kill each other?

As a DPS, how geared should I be before trying EX primals? Who has the best tutorials for them?

what job will be the posterboy for the next expansion?

Because the Amautortite creative magics are the same thing as primal summoning. Theirs just comes from their infinite internal aether so it doesn't need to drain from the planet. The city is essentially a primal.

hope they invite the msq writer back for yoshi's final expansion

I wonder how Eden actually ties up with the main story.

some new class, NIN or MCH

Gunbreaker or Machinist.

>Waging a hopeless struggle for years, just waiting and waiting to see your friend, your ally, your hero, the WoL.
>He finally shows up
>"tis good to see you again, friend"
I was expecting Alisaie to outright burst into tears and tackle us when we show up. They could have at least been a bit more emotional about it. I'm so sick of not being able to interact with the NPCs in cutscenes because of the different races. I'm pretty sure the only time in the entire game where your character visibly touches an NPC in a cutscene is when you hold Haurchefant's hand.

Dancer

I hope a Paladin. Just because I can't ever see a ranged DPS or Healer being the poster jobs.

Can't be NIN. They won't make another Asian themed expansion...right?

Any gear you want. I seen people go in there with no gear. MTQ or Happy if you're gay.

>lost our infinite aether
>can't party with susano and ravana all day

Attached: 20190702165517_1.jpg (1680x1050, 297K)

>I was expecting Alisaie to outright burst into tears and tackle us when we show up.
Yeaaaah, Alisaie will never do that. Although from NPC interactions she does keep on mentioning you.

And this basically kinda confirms she has a crush on the WoL right?

I hope not man.

She always comes off as annoyed at everyone (because they're dumb and she's smart) and has an air of smugness.

Gambler.

gnb, probably

You can get 80 Ninki by the 6th GCD, I don't see why you want to wait for the 12th.

I'm guessing it's either gonna be sin eater/flood of light related in some way, or it'll be something like Omega that wanted to come here and restart life somehow. I think I'd prefer the latter but I can't imagine how it'd work.

Eden's design could fit in with the cthonic horrors they were going for with the final msq dungeon. Perhaps a taste of things to come, or perhaps it is the source of the light corruption.

>She's visibly upset whenever Feo Ul is on the screen and starts doting on WoL

Attached: 1555534757412.jpg (500x436, 39K)

Yeah. Tesleen implies it and Alisaie gets super embarrassed. Also when Feo Ul dotes on you after you drive the Eulmorans out of Il Mheg, Alisaie has a jealous look.

The Eden plot is going to be about restoring life to the barren empty lands outside Norvrandt. How Eden itself actually fits into that is anyone's guess.

? No she doesn't. It looks like you're projecting real hard user. That's unhealthy.

i dunno either, take it up with the balance autists

They said in the live letter it would involve WoL using their imagination. So it's something to do with the creation magics.

>I don't see you as complete people, so it's not murder when I kill you

Not verbatim, but my favourite line from Emet. It's not an insult or threat, it's from his POV simply a matter of fact.

>tfw she friendzoned me cause i'm lalafel

Attached: pepe-the-frog-to-sleep-perchance-to-meme-003-2b8877 - Copy.png (720x640, 93K)

It ks effectively the same opener minus the removed skills however the opening song depends on the subjects; single party is WM kcan get 3 charges max), MB for multiple targets (as you will charge Apex a hell of a lot faster as each enemy dot counts as its own stack)

Eden is an alien terraforming machine
Expect the raid to not be solely FF8 based

Attached: 20190701012454_1.jpg (1680x1050, 315K)

It hits even harder because he almost finally saw WoL as one at the end of the line.

So what was Emet going to do with you if you didn't get light sickness?

Attached: 20190702175458_1.jpg (1680x1050, 229K)

Absorb Hydaelyn maybe?

He was going to accept you as a possible successor. He talked about how he had been living among humanity since the sundering hoping they might succeed his people but that they were too broken to do so and he lost hope.

mfw I already have all my level 80 materia from healer queue bonus

>In the end, we really were Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowniggers
How did Yoshi get away with it?

>we are the shadownigger all along
Bravo, Yoshi.