You can only post in this thread if you have an Honest main

You can only post in this thread if you have an Honest main

Attached: 250px-Young_Link_SSBU.png (250x250, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRXwMlBACtc
youtube.com/watch?v=e7lDKUoQeI8&t=10m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=MUpsFWwMicM
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd7T5Don5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Honest = character I can beat up easily
>Dishonest = Character I struggle with and can't git gud enough with the matchup to beat

Attached: 410bsxTejQL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 18K)

Based, best Link in Ultimate

Attached: 7407eajik6f21.jpg (1056x1033, 436K)

Attached: super-smash-bros-ultimate-piranha-plant.jpg (1600x900, 153K)

I main Ness.

>Honest: Characters with no cheap gimmicks or bizarre interactions
>Examples: Mario, Captain Falcon, Fox, Young Link, All FE characters except Robin and Corrin
>Dishonest: Characters who rely on matchup inexperience and exclusive gimmicks
>Examples: Wario, Lucario, Snake, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, Ice Climbers

Attached: 1549398022749.png (371x353, 148K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mRXwMlBACtc

>honest
>just spams arrows and boomerangs literally every second

Here's an honest main.
>b-but his moves are too strong!
Don't get hit by my choreographed as fuck moves then. Anyone who bitches about heavies is a shitter when, despite their overall improvements in Ultimate, they're still relatively outclassed by the other fighters.

Attached: super-smash-bros-ultimate-bowser-vs-mario-classic-mode-new-donk-city-nintendo-switch.jpg (728x665, 140K)

I main ganon in every smash game

>faslfall nairs with Bowser
unf

Is it true that having something like deep breathing is enough to discredit all the trouble with learning the rest of the entire moveset?

Attached: main4.jpg (1500x1500, 119K)

Mario’s cap and flud makes him disthonest and what gimmicks does lucario have?

Attached: 1559272839956.jpg (394x790, 53K)

But that isn't Toon Link

Attached: D-SvNTnX4AA_2JM.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

>Command grabs
>Massive disjoints
>Can make unfavorable trades with anyone who can't gimp him because he'll live to 180%+ while being able to kill the rest of the roster in 2-3 hits
Falcon is honest. Ganondorf is dishonest and also for rettards.

inb4 bitching about ball

Attached: b80f34bceb1beab83696f2535e6b68be.png (1280x994, 812K)

lol I'm gonna post anyway get fucked

Attached: DLa07urUIAAYJzz.jpg (663x487, 79K)

R8 me.

Attached: D6rG0N7VUAAfkZ2.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

I honestly main her

Attached: 1280px-Palutena_SSBU.png (1280x1350, 1.17M)

Wario is honest. He has norange.

Pls buff

He's only broken for 10 seconds at a time.

Attached: Sol_image_rev.png (864x1143, 256K)

Good day, my fellow honest brothers and sisters.

Attached: zbnkq8wxd2v21.jpg (750x553, 32K)

Wario, Pac-Man, and Icies are some of the most honest characters. Honesty involves difficulty of learning as well as how oppressive they are to the majority of the cast.

Young Link is incredibly dishonest because, even though he's extremely straightforward, he completely boxes out characters like Ganondorf and Incineroar, who have a close to 20:80 match up against YLink. Not only that, by Young Link is incredibly easy to learn. I got to Elite in 5 games with him, as well as Ness, simply because they're braindead easy and oppress certain characters way too hard. They're really dishonest.

Also, dishonesty =/= how strong a character is. Peach and Daisy are honest, despite being the best characters in the game.

Attached: 1561746383007.gif (540x540, 2.4M)

Brother!

Attached: 1551982254599.gif (625x257, 2.92M)

impossible to tell what moves they will have until they gain a massive advantage on you

>be obsessed with Princess Peach since 3 years old
>play as her in SMB2 on Mario All Stars for SNES and Super Mario Kart
>even play as her in Mario Tennis for Virtual Boy at grandma's house
>play as Jigglypuff with hairbow because thats the only girly character in the original Smash, always wish Peach was in the game
>she finally gets in Super Smash Bros Melee
>don't even know about esports or that Peach is top tier. All of elementary school and middle school friends shit on Peach and say shes a shit character because shes literally just a woman in a dress. Still play as her to prove I am good and beat all my friends
>play as her in Brawl and Smash4 even though she got nerfed, know about esports at this point
>Smash Ultimate comes out, Peach is toptier
>esports autists suddenly sperg out about how Peach is the most amazing character they love playing
>you cant pick peach anymore without being called an enormous esportsfag
I want to die.

Attached: 250px-Peach_SSBU.png (250x282, 75K)

Mii fighters are still trash. I don't think I've ever lost to one.

No, user called you out. Get good at the game instead of whinging like a shitbad scrub. Not even a personal diss, apply yourself.

>Command grabs
One, with loads of startup that can be beaten out by certain jabs.
>Massive disjoints
On massively laggy smash attacks that leave him wide open
>Can make unfavorable trades with anyone who can't gimp him
So 7 characters?
>Because he'll live to 180%
Maybe on walk-offs
>While being able to kill the rest of the roster in 2-3 hits
The only way this can possibly happen is if he lands a shield break on Wario Ware against characters under 85 weight (eg, Rosalina, ZSS, Sonic, Sheik, Diddy, Puff), and then lands a reverse aerial Warlock Punch. It's far easier to land Ridley's down-b into a foot stool combo than it is to do that.

>Mario
Cape and fludd
>Captain Falcon
Super armor on side smash, easy as fuck kill combos with up b
>Fox
Riduculously fast normals with no lag whatsoever
>Young Link
Has 3 fucking projectiles and he can (and will) throw them all at the same time
>Marth/Lucina
Ridiculous disjoint, near unpunishable recovery, easy as fuck kill confirms. Can shut down anyone without a disjoint or some form of projectile
>Roy/Chrom
Extremely fast and powerful, very easy to use and combo with. Chrom can even kill off quick tilts at full range
>Ike
Nair and fair spam is the creed of scrubs, and for good reason. His huge hitbox has almost no lag and he doesn't have to work for damage or kills if he lands them.

Sword fighter has a kill confirm off of a projectile that works on any character over 80%, and any lightweight over 50%.

Attached: 1541639987562.gif (300x300, 172K)

To be fair out of all the top tiers peach actually requires you to get good, unlile somepne brainless like Wolf. So kudos if you can actually pull consistent float cancels.

>Girl on Yea Forums
Post armpits

>Wario
Has the single best move in the entire game that essentially always puts him at a stock advantage.

>Pac-Man
Fire Hydrant is a gimmick that gives him extremely unconventional set ups

>Icies
Most gimmicky character in the game. Uses janky AI/desyncing for inescapable infinites/combos. Not to mention can accidentally get free KOs if the janky AI decides to do something profound and the opponent isn't expecting it.

>A fast combo character with a projectile is dishonest though
No he isn't. Nothing about Young Link is unique. There are several fighters like him and you know exactly what tools are in his kit and how he functions. Good luck remembering all of the intricate setups and combos from the 8 hour long ice climber tutorial videos there are to ice climbers when you go up against one of the 8 people in the world that knows how to play them.

>All FE characters except Robin and Corrin

Fuck. I play those two.

Do you want to test against a competent Mii player user? Don't hesitate to make an arena, I'll make sure to join.

Attached: 243.png (500x500, 224K)

yasssss

Attached: 250px-Mr._Game_&_Watch_SSBU.png (250x250, 16K)

Based
Cringe as fuck, try playing something that doesn't auto-win neutral

>Ganondorf cope
Yes we know your statistically most popular elite smash character according to Sakurai is extremely difficult and can't win against ANYONE! *kills you at 60% with a back air* honest!

Checked.

No, if you don't know in the ins and outs of WFT's kit, you're gonna have a bad time, DB or no DB.

Waft is good, but not the best move in the entire game. It's entirely possible to bait it out, and it requires massive recharge.

Gimmicks do not make a character dishonest.

Gimmicks don't make a character dishonest

Young Link being unoriginal doesn't make him honest. He's incredibly dishonest.

Go try and win a tournament playing Ridley if he auto-wins neutral like you say he does

Attached: __princess_zelda_the_legend_of_zelda_a_link_between_worlds_and_etc_drawn_by_qavi__6877e09cf5163a9b39 (776x1200, 847K)

>Wario, Ice Climbers
>Dishonest

I'd fucking love to see you fail at playing these characters to any degree since you just get trashed and call charactera you cant beat dishonest

>Character with top 5 slowest frame data in the game
>Character with bottom 5 run/walk speed
>Character with bottom 5 recovery
Oh boo hoo, he can kill off of a punish. They had to give him SOMETHING to not be completely trash. Next you're going to tell me Little Mac and Doc are dishonest too.

Attached: 1559502658889.jpg (665x718, 173K)

Attached: 07022019_46377.jpg (272x186, 5K)

>Gimmicks do not make a character dishonest.
Yes they do you stupid smashfag. Stop appropriating FGC terms. Honesty has always meant gimmicky. I know most of you faggots have warped the term to mean zoners/disjoints though.

Of course the weeb defends his easy as shit character, kek. Instead of jacking off to little girl drawings why don't you git gud?

>Faggots on Yea Forums
Anyone got a disgusted Pepe? I lost my folder

gimmicky moves/playstyles have always been the cardinal trait of dishonesty

Of course. My wife is as honest as it gets because all of her projectiles are shit and Sakurai keeps making them worse

Attached: D108A9A5-F1E5-431B-B87B-86EC73DBD3F1.jpg (1956x2048, 369K)

I never said wario or ice climbers were easy retard. The latter is probably one of the hardest to effectively play in the game. What do you think I meant when I said dishonest? I made it pretty clear what I meant. I think you mistake me for some crying child like you who calls easy characters dishonest.

Attached: 928734982492789342.jpg (480x480, 40K)

snake is honest

Attached: 1561554953816.png (411x482, 231K)

>>Character with top 5 slowest frame data in the game
Not with that nair sweetie. Also nair2 confirms into f-tilt and aerial side B can't be teched and you can buffer a down air into it that is inescapable for most of the cast.

Attached: 1512426364073.png (446x446, 280K)

No projectiles. No insane animations. No counter. No tiny hurtbox.

Fuck ya gonna complain about? 4 spikes? Armor?

Attached: latest.png (1403x1388, 2.01M)

>Ezreal mains
>Honest
Yikes

R8 my main

Attached: DK alts.png (2048x348, 732K)

Complaining about Ganondorf is literally just being fundamentally bad.

All you have to do is git gud unironically.

>Go try and win a tournament playing Ridley if he auto-wins neutral like you say he does
Yikes, like I'd lower myself to that. That isn't to say it'd be hard though, it'd be trivial and kind of refreshing from my high skillcap playstyle/main.

Attached: 1561918992235.jpg (1375x749, 125K)

I dunno, a super-armor bury/Shield breaker is teetering on cancer

Honest
>Have a kit focused on fundamentals
>Often have to work hard for kills and have limited options for kill moves
>Usually allow the opponent to choose how they play and meet them head on
>Is not the same as High IQ

Dishonest
>Have kits built around gimmicks
>Often have projectiles or attacks that incapacitate and/or zone effectively.
>Might focus on trying to bait for one attack or combo while ignoring large parts of their kit
>May force the opponent to adapt a certain strategy to deal with them
>Is not the same as High Tier

Honest and Dishonest ultimately mean absolutely nothing and it's just fun banter for the sake of shitposting. These words get too associated with meta tiers.

Attached: 1552453928473.png (498x492, 437K)

She is just too much fun to use anyone else.

Attached: robin.jpg (2048x2048, 357K)

My boy.

Though, I admit, the priority on Up-B's hitbox can win some bullshit trades, making it easy to spam against certain characters.

Cargo carry keeps him just barely out of honest territory

i wager i could rape you with my wario or ice climbers. i can safely say wario is easy to play and ice climbers are easy to win neutral with. you don't need to know any insane tech to succeed with them, it's just a bonus if you practice and get the muscle memory to do it.

start up an arena if you want to prove me wrong

Mii Sword ALWAYS has tornado.
That's what I have learned.

Ness mains rise up

Attached: 1528831372701.png (880x1289, 871K)

Don't forget his braindead smash attacks, or auto-win neutral. Oh, and you can spam fireballs to gimp literally any character with no effort involved, and down-b for 70% damage. Retard mode character, needs a tuning

DK feels very satisfying this time around. Fun to play as and against.

Attached: Power Dong.gif (640x336, 2.35M)

Hey, we're not in an FGC thread. We're in a stinky day thread. Honesty here means
>Low tier regardless of how gimmicky

Dishonesty means
>Swords
>Projectiles
>High tier

It has poor range and super-punishable endlag.
It's a balanced move.

where the fuck have you been stupid hetshit...

Agreed, but you're using the non-cannon gender you loser.

Attached: 1540521738817.png (313x313, 99K)

>rely on matchup inexperience and exclusive gimmicks
so basically every scrub killer is dishonest because you're too retarded to learn?

>Ken main

Hello my incredibly honest family how are we doing this evening

SF chars are based as fuck

shut the fuck up and get good
i guarantee every problem you have with him is your fault, especially considering you've ever been hit with his down-b

Would this lad be considered "honest"?

Attached: luigi.gif (400x217, 529K)

>Has seen tournament play
>Has made several top 8s
>Nairo v Light
>At least mid tier according to most current tier lists from established players
>"Waaah he's as bad two of the undisputed trash tiers in the game!!! Ganon mains are oppressed!!! Nooo ignore out elite smash statistics and nair!!!!!" also ignore everyting in

please don't bring us doc players into this to defend your retard character.

>zero to death combos off of a grab
"no"

Based and Chadpilled

Attached: F61A5601-8657-4AF7-B8BF-A9CE9C857F7C.png (900x900, 79K)

THERE YOU GO

Maybe if it wasn't for his grab

Attached: snake.jpg (400x400, 34K)

Attached: e212929d082efa97e8846f3d30f97902.jpg (400x800, 60K)

>bro just learn how to play against gimmicky shit mid set
kek that's not how it works. a top 5 player just got double 3 stocked by a bowser a month ago.

*tatsumakis behind u*
*jabs once*
*jab combos into shoryuken at 30%*
GAME

>plays palutena
>says ridley is broken

Attached: professional.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

not that guy, but on match up inexperience
>get bodied by an underused character
>they leave after one match
you can't tell me that its bullshit that you lose and your opponent won't give you enough time to learn how their character acts or what their playstyle is like
the only way to learn is to play online a lot and hope you get a guy who uses a character you're not used to fighting against and will decide to stay for a couple rounds

Attached: 1545570545911.jpg (682x642, 128K)

It only works at low percentages and even then you can DI out of it and escape if he reads incorrectly. Is it really that hard to just not get grabbed You know he has the gimmick so just play around it at low percent. He can't just keep getting whiff punished over and over for missing a low% grab, especially not on a character with a bottom 5 recovery.

>dude but it only works at low percents
>dude just di
quit trying to justify the insane amount of damage your character can output and just admit he's dishonest

>>dude but it only works at low percents
Yes that's correct. It's something that only works at low percentage and luigi can't just keep trying over and over to land a grab and not damaging you since it's one of the easiest moves to avoid and punsih. It's not like playing against Snake where you're constantly playing a fucking minigame with his grenades and map control. You get hit once and it's not usable.

Ken is strong as fuck post patch. One of the best characters in the game now.

>TAKE THIS

Attached: download.jpg (268x268, 24K)

>high tiers cant be honest
retard

I didn't say he was busted or anything. But the fact that it's an option and will be effectively used if given the chance disqualifies him from being honest. I'm sorry Luigi.

Attached: gii.gif (250x141, 1.14M)

It also just doesn't work on certain characters in uncomfortable weight ranges where they're too heavy to die on any legal stage and too light to be put through the extended version. Then there's characters like Peach where up-b simply does not connect after a landing up air. Then you have characters who are too short to be reliably hit by a landing up air, so you have to use a landing Z-aerial, but that can be escaped with proper SDI.

based fellow Ken bro

Also one of maybe 10 characters that requires a vague semblance of any technical skill to actually perform well with

no dumbass, it's you get hit once and a good luigi combos you into an up-b and takes your stock and then does it all over again the next one

You either know your character and beat me, or you don't and lose.

Attached: 1540940662877.png (627x686, 445K)

this is the gayest post of the day. amazing.

if it's true that luigi automatically gets stocks for free upon landing a single hit with no chance of escape then why isn't he winning any tournaments or even placing well in any of them?

If you get hit by a roller, it means you were too retarded to press any button other than taunt. But you can't accept that, and cling to "honesty" in a desperate attempt to save face.

Attached: futaba inkling.jpg (2480x3508, 411K)

They didnt say there were a girl user

>If you get hit by a roller, it means you were playing online where shielding in time is impossible against a competently deployed side-B

Fixed

>I can't figure out this character's moveset works, therefore it is not fair to play him

Fag

>Implying

Attached: 1558056800860.png (500x523, 259K)

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

>doesn't know what the term means in the context of fighting games

Attached: file.png (729x262, 39K)

Explain the problem with R. Mika to me, she's fun

>Fun to play as and against.
LIES

>
I don't even buy into the honest meme but calling Pac dishonest proves you're a shitter.

Attached: 1558973705105.jpg (171x218, 14K)

>I don't even buy into the honest meme but calling Pac dishonest proves you're a shitter.

why

Attached: file.png (1381x658, 736K)

fart alone moves wario down to neutral at best. don't know why he's somehow any better than lucario

>Isabelle is dishonest

Attached: 1276625848695.png (640x480, 249K)

>anime poster
>absolutely abhorrent post
Every time

Heres your honor list bro

Attached: 1561266907001.png (980x760, 873K)

Imagine being a falconfag and hating on based Ganondorf. Holy shit you're fucking despicable.

That is way too many honest characters. Being bad does not make a character honest. I don't know in what world a character like Bowser Jr relies on fundamentals and straightforward gameplay.

>Peach relies on gimmicks
what the entire fuck are you talking about

At least I don't main Lucina and actually try to space myself for tippers.

Attached: 1504715465379.jpg (843x558, 52K)

How the fuck are the Pits low-honor?

floating/ float canceling, turnips and bypassing the short hop damage/knockback reduction

Well?

Attached: honesty chart.png (980x738, 872K)

>joker
>having any honor
hah.

>Reverse tier list
How is the ultimate gimmick Little Mac honest but Fox who is pretty much straight fundamentals dishonest?

I know what it means, I just think it's bullshit. There's no such thing as "Honor" in a fightan outside the concept of not taunting everytime you take around or something. If it's in the game, you're allowed to use it. It doesn't matter how "Gimmicky" it is, the developers wanted it to be in the game, so it belongs there by virtue of that. You just don't think it belongs in the game because you can't crack it or don't have fun fighting it, and want to shame people into not using them. But that's encroaching on OTHER people's fun, so fuck you for that. Hell, gimmicky characters are a major factor to the soul of any fighting game. Guilty Gear wouldn't have the same appeal if characters like Zappa and Elphelt didn't exist. The only time you've got a case for an entire fucking character to be dishonest is if they are game-breakingly good, like with Brawl!Meta Knight and SSBU!Bayo. But we don't have one of those for Smash Ultimate. Hell, at this point, not only has the game been out for half a year, but the characters' play styles have been mostly solidified since 2014. If you still can't handle shit like Ness's PK Fire, or Shulk doing Monado stuff, or ROB with his Gyros and Lasers, or PK Freeze, Duck Hunt's everything, I don't know what else to tell you other than git gud scrub.

Attached: And they run when disgust comes up.png (325x234, 88K)

My main

Is there a video? I really want to see that.

>Being bad does not make a character honest.
why do you even say this when that list's dishonest tier is almost entirely low tiers except peach and snake, who do in fact have dishonest gimmicky playstyles

How are any of you actually taking this thread seriously

Attached: 2019041720454200-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

we're not

ITT punished mains

Attached: 220px-Dr._Mario_SSBU.png (220x220, 42K)

Attached: TBH.png (980x627, 1.03M)

Young Link is not honest, you dumb motherfuckers. Stop pretending like he is. Check em'.

Pretty good. I would put Ganondorf somewhere in the middle and Joker is without question one of the most dishonest characters in the game with the another gimmicky power bar like Cloud and Mac.

Also Doc should be in the same tier as Mario.

when will it be our time?

It's bullshit, but it's honest bullshit.

Attached: 1528845979347.jpg (1894x1913, 262K)

>Charizard
>Even neutral

LOL every idiot who mains pokemon trainer just ends up spamming side special with charizard

> Young link main claims to be honest
I will come to your house and remove your fucking B button myself, you braindead piece of shit.

Attached: 1545253901642.jpg (720x706, 153K)

He will be out in fall

unfortunately the prognosis seems poor

Rate my honesty

Attached: To hot.jpg (514x439, 69K)

>any heavies
>honorable at all

move the marth clones up, move fox up, move pits up, move young link up one, move lucario down to dishonest, move joker and little mac down to bottom.

>floating / float cancelling
if every character had this it would just be meta and everyone would say the reason pros are so good is their use of float cancelling

>turnips
>"i cant block projectiles"

>bypassing the short hop damage/knockback reduction
this is just full autism

Never met another samus main. Played her since 64

Attached: 5FA9DDA9-CEA1-484A-B3AD-0D02958BEE5F.png (250x328, 105K)

As much as people play him fucking CONSTANTLY, ganondorf doesn't have any particular cheese. Bowser only has his side-B on battlefield stages.

Little mac is by definition dishonest.

This man is correct.

>if every character had this it would just be meta
every character doesn't have it though. it's a fucking gimmick like all dishonest characters have.

I miss his grapple game from 4, which also involved spacing N-air.

Attached: Hello Watch your back in this battle.png (540x540, 244K)

Based

Attached: 1548133194420.gif (197x236, 360K)

>Don't forget his braindead smash attacks, or auto-win neutral. Oh, and you can spam fireballs to gimp literally any character with no effort involved, and down-b for 70% damage.
Nigga, what? lmao

>can essentially mine the whole battlefield for RNG kills
>kill confirm with down throw
>superior, effortle edge guard with nikitas and nades
>priority up the ass with his attacks
>honest

Yeah, and Chrom is honest as well.

>Gets to break the rules of the game's jump AND short hop mechanics, gimmicks both exclusive to her
>Also has a strong projectile that can also sometimes give her instant shield break/KO items determined entirely by RNG
>Not dishonest
whatever you say tranny.

The real honesty in this game lies on getting A FUCKING LAN ADAPTER. I'M SICK OF YOU LAGGING MOTHERFUCKERS STEALING GAMES FROM ME. GET A JOB.

Attached: 1500582040611.jpg (1280x960, 287K)

don't know why an inklingposter would be mad about lag since you play one of the characters who gets an invisible buff from it like ganondorf

all it does is allow her to do her air moves in better situations. you still have to read, block, and react to everything like every other character. gitgud retard. no one complained about Peach in Melee when she was top tier. All of these complaints are just Ultifags crying because they don't know how to counter Peach because they never fought her in Sm4sh.

Float is literally a gimmick. Why are smash babies so dumb.

I'm objectively right.

Attached: balancing.png (980x698, 871K)

I didn't even play 64, it's not fair.

Attached: 6a.png (207x198, 55K)

peach wasn't top tier in melee and even in that game she was dishonest for different reasons such as her down smash.

>all these sword characters being called honest
You people have no clue how this shit works do you?

And having a unique "gimmick" doesn't automatically mean "dishonestly playstyle". Peach has plenty of counters and disadvantages to balance her float. The float doesn't even necessarily give her any big advantages. There are characters have have better both horizontal recovery and air game.

Both Samuses definitely need to be buffed and Wolf, Pichu, and YL definitely need to be nerfed.

The fuck does "rounded out" mean

>Peach has plenty of counters and disadvantages to balance her float
Like what? Also her float is great when used efficiently. It makes all her aerials high frame advantage ones on shield and gives her great combos.

Attached: 1D8C4EDB-926D-4584-BA1A-A7132ADA138E.jpg (666x710, 112K)

>tfw your main is so honest there will never be a reason to buff him
>tfw stuck as a mid-tier forever
it ain't easy being this based

Attached: 220px-Pit_(Kid_Icarus)_Ultimate.png (220x220, 59K)

>Melee Peach
>Top tier
>Nobody complained about melee Peach
All of that is incorrect. Peach's cancerous playstyle was beaten out only by Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff.

Attached: 200px-Peach_Down_Smash_Hitbox_Melee.gif (200x144, 227K)

>The float doesn't even necessarily give her any big advantages

Float forces you into the air, where you can probably do a grand total of 2 possible moves.

based, fuck projectiles I got a bat

If you don’t play Ken, Ryu, Falcon, Doc, Mario, or Little Mac you have zero right to bitch about lag

Also swordie fags need not even dream of trying to be called honest

You're right about the Samuses, and Young Link and Wolf to an extent. Pichu is fine.
Both nerfed and buffed to make them better overall. For example, nerfing Ivysaur while make Squirtle and Charizard better would round out Pokemon Trainer.

I think Falco could be moved to the buffs area. I'm not particularly good with him, but he seems usable enough but just lacks the power to really seal the deal most of the time.

I'd assume just a general mix of soft buffs and nerfs to tweak the way they play a bit.

>And having a unique "gimmick" doesn't automatically mean "dishonestly playstyle"
Yes it does, that's pretty much what dishonesty in fighting games means. Peach has one of the best gimmicks in the game and everyone who players her abuses the shit out of it. Go watch Samsora play and you'll see the only reason he ever stops floating is to pluck turnips.

Young Link can spam projectiles all day and is one of the hardest to fight if you don't know how to. He's not exactly honest. Toon Link, maybe.

>S-SHE W-WASNT TOP TIER RETARD!!!!
>then says everyone complained about her
>has a .gif of her hitboxes saved and ready to go
>"cancerous playstyle"
So which was it. Was she shit or was she good.

Bad range on a lot of her moves, easy to punish, low damage, not many KO moves to work with, lightweight easily KO'ed off stage, difficult to get back on stage vs some other top tier matchups, generally floaty and slow feeling, the list goes on. yes her float is good but without the float peach would be even more shit.

>peach pros are good because they always float

floating forces your opponent into only two moves, unlike peach also in the air, for some reason

can the opposing argument please make up their minds on what exactly their position is lol. at the end of the day all peach's gimmick does is allow her to place herself in various parts of the air more reliably. you still have to react and counter her moves like every other character. unlike a shit ton of other "gimmick dishonest meme" characters who rely on shit cheap playstyles that force the player into situations they cant really do anything about.

>Ridley
>Needing buffs
What kind of 3m gsp player made this?

fuck off palutenatard

Smash is a game based around forcing your opponent to play by your rules. If you take the lead and your opponent is following up on everything you do, you can predict them easier, and that ability to predict is what allows you to set up an advantage state. All Peach has to do in this regard is pull out a turnip and jump, you are forced to fight an aerial game, where you have less options than Peach nine times out of ten. It's very simple to understand if you actually play the game.

Attached: 1561984796623.png (122x74, 2K)

>So which was it. Was she shit or was she good.
Ice Climbers also aren't top tier but being wobbled is indisputably one of the most cancerous techs in the game. Being cancer doesn't have anything to do with how bad they are.

And she is good but not top tier. Armada couldn't even solo main Peach and had to play Fox from time to time against players at his level. Meanwhile Hungrybox who actually plays a top tier literally never switches or has to counterpick characters. Armada puts Peach at #9 currently.

Just wait till you finally reach elite smash, user. Palutena is nowhere to be seen

based user, actually cant disagree with this

So we've established that shes good but her "gimmick" doesnt make her broken or stupid to play against like Ice Climbers.

Thanks, I won!

Her gimmick does make her broken and stupid to play against that's why in ultimate she IS top tier.

Am I honest?

Attached: BWkHyhX.png (1132x1206, 1.02M)

C Kouma is literally the most honest character possible outside of one flex/swag/whatever you want to call it move everyone forgets about that you can full confirm off of.

Attached: Kouma_mbaa.png (262x368, 19K)

>Peach hasnt won any major tournament
so why are you lying...

His large size, inferior weight, predictable recovery, lack of options in disadvantage state and bad frame data on most of his moves keeps him in low-tier. Basically any pro believes this.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7lDKUoQeI8&t=10m8s

Attached: 1536175092142.png (1020x1020, 115K)

Choke on my dick (and balls), faggot. Stop getting bodied by my shit character.

Attached: suck my dick.png (460x610, 502K)

Zelda and Phantom are an honest pair.

Attached: 1ae6fa8dc45f175973cf60d1c0868385.jpg (1024x768, 1.26M)

Literally what about Bowser Jr. doesn't work properly?
I feel like the people who made this are just following the smash """"pros"""" who suddenly know about how literally every character plays despite not touching them once

>Pre-nerf bayo and cloud didn't win a major over a year after their release
great logic retard. just because mkleo is the most dominant player who is currently abusing an even more absurd DLC character it doesn't mean peach isn't top 5 or invalidate the fact she pops up in literally every major/supermajor top 8.

Young Link does not need nerfs you stupid niggers, no one even wins major tournaments with him

Puppet shit is never "honest" in any game may it be party games like smash or real fighting games like blasblue. Luckily honesty is a meme.

Great job getting carried by your character!

Hey another Mr.G&W main, nothings better than a bullshit 9 judgement

>doesn't mean peach isn't top 5 or invalidate the fact she pops up in literally every major/supermajor top 8
okay and now explain what that has to do with her gimmick being dishonest? who in the tournament scene is saying peach is unfair to play against? couldn't name you a single person unless theyre just assmad they lost to samsora. having a different playstyle that relies on a unique ability doesnt make her "dishonest". in actual fighting games every character is different enough that they all have to rely on their unique properties. smashbabies are just lowbrain.

I won.

Attached: 1553800038081.gif (440x240, 15K)

it's not really a puppet, it's just a glorified projectile

Dishonest doesn't mean unfair, it just means they rely on gimmicks and unconventional playstyles instead of fundamentals. You literally cannot argue that peach, who has her float gimmick that her entire playstyle revolves around as well as letting her bypass the game's restriction on aerial damage/knockback damage on short hops, is not a gimmick. It just ALSO happens to make her an amazing character, which you are also butthurt about.

I don't care if you are a tranny peach main. I'm just saying she isn't an honest character.

Ok

Attached: sonic smash.png (250x246, 57K)

Oh thats to bad. Puppet characters are the type of jank shit fighting games need more of.

>honesty meme

Attached: e1e.png (1149x941, 371K)

>it just means they rely on gimmicks and unconventional playstyles instead of fundamentals
except this is wrong in peach's example. yes, peach's playstyle is unconventional for smash. but no, you still need to use fundamentals to be good with peach and her playstyle, or "gimmick" or however else you want to word it. You still need to read your opponent to set up your float cancels and decide when to use bair fair and nair.

this except peach is also unfair
>letting her bypass the game's restrictions on aerial damage
yeah that's fucking unfair

The two most honest characters getting married!

Attached: abb9af350c4ad18ee15d4904d00f8451.jpg (1000x1014, 104K)

Attached: 532325353235.png (212x238, 8K)

and yet many many many other characters completely outdamage peach so this point is retarded.

>yes, peach's playstyle is unconventional for smash
There you go. She's dishonest.

Literally every single character in Smash has some sort of gimmicky move/property, so by the standard definition there isn't an honest character in the cast.

explain to me why it is okay for peach's aerials to have the same potency as ganondorf's short hopped ones while also being able to throw them out significantly faster

DIshonest implies that she plays unfair or the people who play her have to rely on scummy tactics to win. Peach's "gimmick" and "unconventional playstyle" requires skill to use properly and still requires the player be good at fundamentals. And it doesn't require the player to react much differently other than expect aerial attacks at ground range. If you cant deal with that then you need to either get good or just admit smash players are shit in general if that "unconventional playstyle" is so metashattering.

Is there any better feeling than landing a 9 on two or more people at once?

Attached: 1542018043533.jpg (574x388, 45K)

because overall ganondorf still puts out far more damage than peach and peach dies much more easily. but you autists want to obsess over buzzwords instead of understanding peach has plenty of disadvantages along with having a "gimmick".

>DIshonest implies that she plays unfair
no it doesn't retard, stop warping fighting game terms to fit whatever definition you made up.

dishonest = gimmicky and unconventional. honest = straightforward and fundamentals.

I have no idea why everyone likes this boring motherfucker

ITT: Retards thinking Ridley is in any way based, or honest

Attached: 655555555555555555555436364346.png (729x695, 558K)

peach is a glass cannon

>characters with unique gameplay mechanics are dishonest
>the default characters are the only honest ones
Nostalgiafags begone.

>tfw I main Robin and G&W
Why am I always attracted to low tier characters
It's not fair Samurai

Attached: 1562034481768.png (1920x800, 751K)

Attached: newwojak.jpg (208x250, 30K)

>you cant have a definition of the word, but i do!
retarded.

Wario since Brawl. The kill potential with the waft and the bike always makes me laugh when I get a last minute kill.

Samus is the most honest character in the game prove me wrong

Palutena

Former Smash 4 Robin main here.

Pick up Palutena. She does the same things as Robin, but infinitely better.

Samus may not be entirely honest but I’ve never had a fun match against a samus. I certainly respect samus players but I find her dreadfully unfun to play against

I know this is pretty much a smash thread but still.

Attached: YT.jpg (629x1000, 112K)

r8 my lack of honor

>Main
Currently K. Rool but gonna make Banjo and Kazooie my main come fall

>Secondary
Daisy

>Tertiary
Bayonetta and Piranha Plant

>Fuck around characters
Ice Climbers, Toon Link, Roy, Mii Gunner

Attached: 1534696946458.png (521x464, 244K)

But I like Fire Emblem

Attached: 1558834943820.jpg (1583x2048, 473K)

Dishonest character doesn't mean easy. Ibuki's playstyle have tons of depths, setup, and skill required. But she is still infamous for her bullshit ambigious 50/50 and her wide range of lethal conversions. The character may require plenty of work, but her gameplay was widely considered dishonest

Most honest of all projectile characters coming through.

Much higher skill ceiling to maximize his potential. Need much more skill and a higher IQ to be better than other spammers (especially other links)

Attached: 250px-Link_SSBU.png (250x250, 69K)

>Wario: Dishonest
Bitch really. Have you ever played as him and learned his combo potential. I played as him since Brawl and let me tell you, he is not an easy character to learn quick, you have to figure out the right timing with him and decide when to use moves. I remember back in the 4th game people always told me I would never get far because he was a "low-tier" character and pales in comparison to others like Rosalina, even though I would win, and now that he is considered top-tier in Ultimate, they bitch and moan at me for "cheating" because I'm only winning because he is "top-tier."

He's honest now

Okay, then have Lucina as a secondary.

Playing only low tiers constantly is just suffering, and as a fellow Robin bro I'd rather you have fun.

Please ignore me killing you with fsmash at 50%.
Thank you.

Attached: 1ArLhYHb.jpg (160x160, 14K)

If you lose to a ganondorf in 2019 you're a single digit IQ brainlet

always have to work hard in order to get kills
not sure if pic related is honest or I'm just bad with him still

Attached: Cloud_Portrait.jpg (338x485, 31K)

I have Corrin as a FE pick that doesn't suck, fuck Lucina

Attached: 1555552685750.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

/r/woooosh

These threads always show how garbage you all are at this game, holy fuck.

He's way more fair than he used to be.

Does really well in some matchups, struggles in others.

Attached: DORYAH.png (1015x949, 58K)

Do anybody with marthitis is honest? Really only Shiek at this point.

>Mii Swordfighter
>Needs nerfs

Are you fucking high? He's a mid tier, and the tornado, the one move that people constantly bitch about, is fucking stupidly punishable.

Attached: 1559969357444.jpg (960x540, 26K)

But that takes a 1:50 just to charge the attack to even be viable, and besides, it's often used more as a recovery option than an attack, unless a person is on their last stock or if the Wario player is out of options.

I agree with you. If a person is complaining that they lost because of "gimmicks", they are just shit at defense and actually need to "get gud."

Dishonest doesn't automatically means easy.

Unfun doesn't mean dishonest. Do we have different definitions of honesty here?

Well what makes him dishonest to you? (And if you say the waft, I swear to god, the attack takes 1:50 to charge fully and is mostly a recovery option by the time it charges.)

>command grab
Not a fighting game.

Remember, Honest characters can still be top tier, and Dishonest characters can still be bottom tier

>YL
>honest

Honesty is a retarded concept and if you actually let if affect who you play then you should seriously re-evaluate why you're playing the game competitively to any extent

People hated him because he spoke the truth

>Wario
>Not an easy character to learn quick
Man pressing up tilt and up air was pretty hard

I main Random.
Am I maining an honest character?

Attached: Locked or Random.png (192x128, 5K)

Every character in Ultimate plays exactly the same though.

Get out.

Attached: Ryu.png (2074x2300, 3.5M)

DBFZ is that way >>>/7th/

DBFZ is ass too whats your point?

my nigga!

Attached: mii gunner.png (3402x4029, 2.03M)

>Pac-Man
>Honest
I'm a PacMain. I love Pac-Man. He's cute, lovable and super fun to play.

But he's not only dishonest he's easily the most dishonest character in the whole game. Playing Pac-Man is all about playing mind games and stalling. You use all the tools in your kit to mess with your opponents head and set-up traps. A good Pac player makes opponents weary of rushing you because they won't be sure what bullshit you will pull.

I love Pac-Man but he's as dishonest as they come.

Attached: This is not Metal.jpg (540x718, 50K)

There was literally a two days ago supermajor where there was not a single peach in top 8. Only one in top 16 being played by Samsora. Paisy is great, but if you think post nerf Paisy is still top 5 in the game you have never seen the character in an actual match. Like do you people seriously think all she has to do is float and press buttons and she has instant results, Paisy is a character with a lot of weaknesses before the nerf. If you still think a character that requires great fundamentals and combo games is unfair Idk what the fuck you want

>camps the entire game
Fuck Isabelle niggers. I was excited for her but now I just want to kick the dog in the face.

Honest characters literally just mean basic/fundamentals characters.

"Honest" characters does not equate to "good".
Likewise "dishonest" characters don't equate to "bad".

I know it's a really gay thing to get upset over, but how can I not give a fuck about what people think of my character choice, I main Joker cause I love Persona but I can't help but feel bad. I don't want to piss people off.
I know it's stupid.

i know what you mean, i hate that people probably get upset i main ness and sonic. :(

I'm not going to lie and say there aren't characters I hate fighting against but at the end of the day who gives a fuck what other people think.

The only time wanting to pick a certain character is "wrong" is if the character is broken to a point of ruining the game ala Bayonetta in Smash 4 and Joker isn't at all that bad.

It bugs me because I actively try not to be a campy Spamus but some Arenas will just kick me on sight. Or leave my arena after seeing I picked Samus
I just wanna play the game with my favorite vidya character reeee

Attached: 1562090793866.jpg (200x200, 27K)

Ike is a pretty honest main I think. Little Mac is my secondary and while he is less honest he isn't cheap

FUCK THAT IMAGE I FUCKING HATE THAT IMAGE

Attached: donttalk.jpg (499x499, 45K)

>Samus
Samus isn't that bad, where did this come from?
75% of FE characters are honest on account that all of their moves are just different ways of stabbing people. They're still pretty dull and further proof that honest isn't inherently good.

I play kirby, falco, ganon and diddy but captain falcon is my main man since he’s really fun

Ike has a really fun up B that takes em high and back down again. His side b can dash across the whole stage very fun. His flame thingy is also fun if you time it right.

The best is his big ol sword. It hits so heavy and big range. You best be careful if you see me and my big sword I swang large and long and kapow out u go Haha I love ike

I'm guessing it came from people online who just stand at the edge of FD and try to spam missiles and charge shot, even though they're not as good at being spamming tools as say, Link's projectiles are.

sorry guys I play yoshi and chrom. stay mad bitches

That's hardly effective with how predictable it is though. Half the characters got counters and that tactic is made even less viable with the universal shield buff.

ok

Attached: 1560304941163.png (475x477, 545K)

I just play Mario, he’s simple but fun. His nair resets can lead to a fair spike too which is super satisfying to land.

Because online Samus' always go the "roll to the edge, spam charge shot and missile, then roll to the other edge".
People are either bored or too shit to fight that and just rage about every other Samus because of it.
Real Samus players use their charge to bait and switch their attacks (or actually use it to start combos because thats a thing this game), use their whole kit to limit options and then either snipe them with a shot or set up one of the many kill options she has.

this game feels like complete shit compared to melee and 64

used to be based but spergs have picked him and Ryu up recently.

>their whole kit
Bombs. Why is it I almost never see any Samus player effectively using bombs
Even high level players like YB only really use them in ledge trap situations or mixing up recovery. Bombs exploding on contact in this game makes it so you can shut down a lot of aggressive play, or smart bomb placement lets you chain together aerials or break out of your opponent's combos.
I really feel like this character has at least some untapped potential left

Attached: c1a53a4f-b6ec-4668-8e2f-ebea996b4170.png (2560x2840, 1.6M)

Palutena is literally built as a gimmick you absolute numbskull.

Chillager is cool with everyone, especially the homies

Attached: 1561559389150m.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

>he gets his ass kicked by Puff

You are required to watch this gif for an hour.

Attached: image0.gif (128x125, 66K)

I agree, they help out an excesively large margin of matchups that people claim to be terrible.
Like the rats are painful, Pichu moreso since jab goes over the bastard so many times, but bombs slow them down and make them play at the speed you want.
Even small charge shots (about shorthop time of charge) is enough to stuff so many options like people going all in with buttons, they clank/lose to the shot and gives you a free punish while they're stuck in animation.
But alas, that's what happens when you have a character with a big kit, but too floaty for all the "press more button" top tiers. With exception to Olimar of course because he can still spam buttons for free while being floaty

sup

Attached: me.jpg (779x546, 107K)

Jesus fuck this reaks of tryhard scrub, mains Shotos but can't deal with Jigglypuff.

>all these people calling ness a gimmick character
pk fire....
bad

Attached: 1555178436622.jpg (1100x1300, 75K)

i’m dying. after they removed all the bullshit down tilt could pull off my “big bad gimmick” isn’t even consistent anymore. i can’t even brute force the ledge with side b anymore. help me.

Attached: 5C80ECE3-57BA-4FD9-AE10-D57889F1BED2.png (1280x720, 619K)

plebian
>obsessed with a vague notion of honesty in a children's fighting game to paradoxically excuse the fundamental variance that encompasses the martial arts
King Dedede
>youtube.com/watch?v=MUpsFWwMicM

Attached: Dr0u79IXgAIiddE.jpg (1200x675, 122K)

How the fuck are Robin and Corrin dishonest?

Because FirraEmbrem

this
yung link is by far the most "dishonest" character in smash easily

I play Ken but literally just block and punish with a DP. It doesn't get more honest than that.

Attached: 1544183391582.jpg (630x630, 56K)

I try to do this kinda shit whenever I play Ken.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd7T5Don5s
That and evo moment #37.

>shield stun is so strong he can act before you can if you block his moves
>giant ass hitboxes, especially now with disjoint
>auto cancel moves + frame 3 jump squat = spamming low frame disjoint aerials in neutral

I traded with his f smash and the hit lag was so bad he had time to start up and connect an f-smash on me before I could move, literally couldnt even shield
dorf isnt OP, but don't act like he's not a cumulation of unga ass strats

Luigi was my main since Melee. But in Ultimate, now it's Link who's been drastically improved. So whichever one you count.

Attached: 1209937397676.png (370x370, 16K)

>misses all his tippers and lets you live to 160%

Not playing Lucina makes Marth mains the most honest.

>Gordo can still be inhaled

By the way, is Girthquake still a Heathen in purest sense or was that something I dreamt up? I remember seeing him talk about Thor as a deity and stuff.

Attached: 1490038112447.gif (400x265, 932K)

>Don't get hit by my choreographed as fuck moves then.
While that works for half his moves, some of his other moves got really sped up. All the heavy characters now have at least two moves which have near instant animations, putting them on par with actual fast characters like Fox or Marth. But the heavy moves still do more damage. Hell, they even sped up Bowsers grab, which was a huge risk in Brawl and Smash 4, but now it's his go to move.

>Honest
>Fire emblem
Suck my fucking cock

Everyone is honest.
Everyone is based.
I love you all.

Attached: 1556689054395.png (489x391, 151K)

2/3rds of all my kills are cargo throwing nerds into/off the stage. I love DK, but goddamn can that move ruin friendships.

Everyone is dishonest.
Everyone is cancer.
Let's embrace that.

Attached: 1556638897723.png (179x201, 57K)

One of my most seen characters while I was climbing to elite a week ago,

And I thought I was alone...

What they did to the Yo-Yo is fucking disgusting, I feel dirty even using it and I despite seeing Ness whip that shit out

Attached: would you like some cheese with that wine.jpg (641x387, 245K)

I honestly want to drop from Elite Smash and imitate that video.

Better being dishonest than being stuck being Sheik, Kirby or the Pits.
Better being these two than being a gay ass zoner or swordfighter though.

Attached: doctor.jpg (241x209, 10K)

Why THE FUCK do the Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter has just as many projectiles as the Mii Gunner?