Why does everyone request 3rdparty characters in Smash now?

I've never seen anoyone here request any nintendo characters anymore, is nintendo future newcomer line-up really that patethic?

Attached: 3rdparty.jpg (610x343, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2018/12/15/smash-bros-ultimate-director-sakurai-talks-about-how-the-game-isnt-just-nintendo-all-stars-anymore/
youtu.be/qr6NkkmsOCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because all of the fighters shown in the dlc pass so far have been from 3rd parties. ntm we basically have every series worthy of character representation in saved for a few strange outliers such as arms and rhythm heaven. i would be pleased if the last two characters were 1st party but

>why do people want popular characters over my obscure mario or kirby character only me and my 5 rosterfag friends care about?

because they can

As a matter of fact, yes. The only confusing omission is ARMS guy.

Nintendo hasnt made anything remotely interesting recently. And if they have, the IPs are either terribly advertised or forgotten (Hotel Dusk)

nucharacters are so pathetic that a 20 year old character beat them out as DLC.

Because humans are boring.

I just want a real ganon plox

Attached: A404ED08-72E2-4E55-B6CD-2C4C5349332C.jpg (720x720, 70K)

Blame Solid Snake's reveal in Brawl.

Simple
>spiritpocalypse murdered almost every single good first party pick, leaving us with bottom of the barrel shit
>only place to get good fighters now is via third parties

>forgotten (Hotel Dusk)
in the case of hotel dusk how would you even make kyle work as a character
the only way he's in smash is if you make one of the locations a stage or hyde an asset

Attached: kyle shrug.png (272x281, 65K)

Good taste user.

Could we at least get some 3rd parties with stronger ties to Nintendo? People say “oh dude my most wanted has a single cash-grab port on the Switch or unrelated handheld port, he should be in”
I know Joker or Cloud are things but I gave zero shits about them, can I get good shit like Phoenix Wright

Plays like Wright in MVC3, except more serious.

>why people want nintendo characters in a nintendo crossover game?

I would be all for 1st party characters if it were stuff like Spring Man, Chorus Kids, Rex, Octoling, Mach Rider, or other characters from Nintendo IPs with little to no representation in Smash.

Instead, people ask for garbage like Porky, Adeleine, and Waluigi. Fuck that.

nah, only non-idorts care anyway

>why people want video game characters in video game crossover game?

>Nintendo crossover
Not anymore: siliconera.com/2018/12/15/smash-bros-ultimate-director-sakurai-talks-about-how-the-game-isnt-just-nintendo-all-stars-anymore/

>"Regarding the series’ “Nintendo All-Stars” moniker: Sakurai believes that the series has evolved beyond that. In his definition, Sakurai believes the series is defined by its gameplay, and that it being just another 1v1 fighting game would make it no longer Smash."

Smash is technically a video game hall of fame

Most of the nintendo characters left are bottom of the barrel shit.

There's plenty of first party characters I can think of, but we already passed the point were most of the "iconic" ones are already in the roster, so looking for third party characters is more attractive than using lesser known (or newer) nintendo ones.
The highlight of the fighter pass is that so far all of them have been third party, so it only makes sense that people would rather think of that than on nintendo characters for the last 2.

Zoomers

I've just given up on Rex, Wonder Red, Saki and Dixie and I have literally every other Nintendo character i'd want aside from those.

this.seeing more representation of obscure stuff like sin & punishment or wario land in smash is a fucking pipe dream at this point

Attached: 1561401899835.jpg (212x249, 8K)

I think this pretty much confirms that Smash 6 newcomers will be mostly 3rd party.

Yes they are and no, fucking Zelda doesn't need more reps.

I want Wonder Red

62/73 are nintendo characters. Third parties characters are a minority

You got Shitoon, fuck off

There aren't really very many good Nintendo characters left. Do you really want garbage like Bandana Waddle Dee added when Sakurai is almost never turned down when he asks for characters?

>you're a zoomer if you want a variety of characters from different series like smash is supposed to be instead of obscure mario character #24

>is nintendo future newcomer line-up really that patethic?
look at the roster, they fit in everyone they could. In brawl they added most of the important final characters.
>diddy, Ike, pokemon trainer, metaknight, kingdedede, wario, R.O.B
compare that to 4
>lucina, robin, shulk, palutena, dark pit, Greninja, Rosalina
Villager, Lil Mac, bowser jr. and duck hunt made sense but the rest aren't as important to nintendo's history; Smash needed the 3rd parties to hype it up more.

Attached: smash react.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

And the majority of popular characters left that aren't in Smash are 3rd party.

There's no point asking for 1st party when all the popular ones are already in the game.

>Who witch, who soldier, who astroboy, who karateman, who barbarian, who rpg boys and who beard are more popular than mario enemies, which are big in pop culture
Let me lmao

Attached: D631CF4D-EFC9-49AE-8FF6-9F180AB20644.gif (400x225, 2.7M)

>no one asks for nintendo characters anymore
because nintendo is intentionally turning smash into a crossover funtime, they also wont introduce any new nintendo newcomers because of the new rule of "if your series hasnt been represented yet, you'll be able to get a spot" which would explain why persona, dragon quest, and banjo got in. the next two slots would be going to non nintendo characters given their statement on 12/8/2018. as soon as this wave of DLC is over and the next smash game comes, people are going to go right back to wanting first party representatives and DLC that reflects this.

>let's just make smash 64 5 mario characters, 5 pokemon characters, and 2 zelda characters lol, fuck adding characters from lesser known series like f-zero and earthbound

Honestly there really isn't anyone left anyway
Both major console makers are in
All major third parties are in
Every major franchise is represented

I just want Excite Biker

Attached: splash-screen-by-TheRealHeroofWinds.png (1024x576, 187K)

>There's no point asking for 1st party when all the popular ones are already in the game.
Same goes for 3rd parties. Which characters are left besides Doomguy, Crash and Rayman

any main character from a popular non-nintendo game who isn't in smash.

I’m literally complaining about the lack of 1st party newcomers, retard

I only wanted to see Banjo because I love to see zoomers cry

I don't even give a damn about the games

A Resident Evil rep. Maybe a Tekken rep.

I hope they add CoD/GTA guy and you faggots realize your mistake

RE rep sound good, but the gameplay would be boring unless you can summon zombies

I wish, actually. No clue why people overrate Mach Rider over him, especially when Excitebike is actually a franchise and not an NES one-off (though most notably a figure of those days). He was even considered at one point.

Travis Touchdown, Shantae, Scorpion, Cooking Mama, Phoenix Wright, etc.

I think I see the issue now. It's not about if there not being any nintendo character left to add, or even any third party like says, it's only about the popular ones. Faggots only want smash to be a popularity contest instead of actually wanting to see videogame characters in general.

there's Dante and Lloyd. Thanks for mentioning Crash, only one I want desu.

Doesn't Jill summon Nemesis in one of the MvC games? That'd be tight

what the fuck? i wasn't even talking about splatoon

Attached: 1560691793714.jpg (712x712, 158K)

Why do some people want those bottom of the barrel 1st parties? do those people only play nintendo games or what?

She summons a Tyrant as a super in MvC2, and also regular and dog zombies for specials. Can't really picture "realistic" zombies in smash bros though.

Tell me why he shouldn't be in

Attached: 030FDA95-018A-4B43-BE65-AC0D75C2A975.jpg (750x422, 49K)

because Nintendo's big names are all already in and people would rather have another popular 3rd party char than another Fire Emblem swordsman

Attached: 1200px-WLSSyrup.png (1200x1931, 983K)

>is nintendo future newcomer line-up really that patethic
No, not really but at this point a lot of first parties are either literally who or new characters that are zoomer even though that doesn't really matter. Plus Smash could always use more iconic gaming characters.

ARMS and Xenoblade 2 literally came out too tale in smash development to be added as playable, specially xbc2. ARMS at least got an AT.

Doomguy is unironically both fitting and unfitting at the same time
He's a literal enigma, when it comes to Smash requested characters

The one and only.

Attached: Captain_King_Joins_the_fight.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Who is left we could want that is also realistically possible besides Sora? No Goku is not a realistic possibility.

Shaq

>besides Sora
What makes you think Sora is "realistically possible" compared to other characters in the first place?

>mfw the picks you mentionned are all western
how does it feel, weeblets? thought that this would never happen?

Attached: 1453850619339.png (810x688, 455K)

because there's no good 1st party characters that have a chance to make it in
unless you genuinely want more Fire Emblem/Pokemon

As far as first parties go, these are basically all that's left

Attached: shineeverbrighter2.png (1056x603, 537K)

Any third party character would be infinitely better than getting fucking Gatornigger for Smash Ultimate

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: disgusting fat fucking cunt.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

>anymore

it hasn't been Nintendo All Stars since Melee

How many Nintendo characters we already got?

If you take "Nintendo picked all the DLC fighters" and "these are from series new to Smash" at face value then what does that leave aside from 3rd parties?
What new first-party IPs could fill a fighters pass?

Objectively wrong. Impa, Tingle, Skull Kid, Kass would be great rep. 3 Links isn't.

just keep supporting her based syrupbro, we'll make it eventually.

Attached: Syrup and Genie.png (520x527, 168K)

Geno is the only character left that I want but he'll never get added

Attached: 1551895483234.png (650x650, 77K)

Honestly I want to see Waluigi, Toad, and Dixie Kong.

It also looks to be one per company, we haven't seen a guideline or rules, but we go by what's been revealed. I am betting that we get at least one female rep.

There's like 3 or 4 other Capcom franchises that are better picks and AA isn't as big as people think it is

>What new first-party IPs could fill a fighters pass?
only a Pokemon or a character from an upcoming game

both are incredibly unlikely though

There's not very much stopping him. Highly requested, Sakurai wanted him in a while ago, Squeenix is obviously still into Smash with Hero.
Very far from a neverever.

Because nobody wants to pay 6 dollars for Bandana Waddle Dee or Dixie Kong.
Third parties as DLC are inherently more interesting because they come with all-new music and stages.
I don't personally want anymore first parties for Ultimate.

Rex is basically guaranteed next game though.

>no one gives two shits about literal who the gator

That's why he was voted it. right

>There's not very much stopping him.
There's no reason for Nintendo to pick him. That's exactly what's stopping him.

my last wanted character is Bandanna Dee
my last pipe dream is Dante

bandwagoner

>replying to bait
literal retard

yeah two retards cared

the rest want someone actually recognizable

I know this is bait but I figured I'd give you your (You) anyways :)

The only Nintendo character I want in is Birdo.

>inb4 Reimu would be great for Smash

I'm glad K. Rool is in since he has had genuine fan outcry within the DK community even outside of Smash asking where he is but I feel like we're forever doomed to people screeching for their secondary characters nobody really cares about in their own series now and pointing to K. Rool.

even DK's own makers knew he was shit lol

>Advance Wars is dead
>Got its assist trophy dropped
>Only got like 3 spirits compared to a hundred FE ones
Spirits don’t add much to the game but as a measure of how much Nintendo gives a shit about an IP, it speaks volumes
At least Andy had a reasonably unique and fun spirit fight
It hurts

Well you see, the subtlety is that this is a high enough number for 3rd party fags to feel secure in asking for more. This is kind of like when a country lets in one too many 3rd world refugee; They start demanding that their culture be respected within the country whom they are outsiders from, with little to no regard for who was behind the foundation of that country & its culture as they grow bigger and don't feel pressured to adapt to the world from which they are outsiders ( In a very " Degradation of a Hobby-esque " way, if you want something more Vidya ). What then happens is a loss of cohesion between individuals who share less, a more chaotic state where more people than ever dislike their neighbor. This is the same for the Smash community, who is now at its most ravenous, autistic & hated state yet.

she'd be neat as a Yoshi echo/clone
>eggs shoot out in front of her instead of behind
>tongue is replaced with Kirby's suck

Remind me what was Nintendo's reason for picking Banjo again? They do not own him, it's been forever since he last got a game, and he was about as requested as Geno.

Because all the Nintendo characters left are too obscure or deconfirmed in some way. Joker killed the chance of any DLC being first party and Dairy Queen/Glover's reveal sealed the coffin.

people would like him and would buy the DLC

Wow, that's the only reason? Then that's something he shares with Geno, go figure.

Banjo has enough of a history to inspire Yooka Laylee and was a popular star of his own series with a lot to draw on for a cohesive moveset, Geno is an underdeveloped party member from a game several decades ago in a series where overall he's not important at all.

Give me Reimu and Doomguy and I'll be satisfied
Maybe Crash as well but he's not my most wanted

Yea I always liken it to this too. We should have let in maybe one or two third parties. Also, Smash should have kept the Nintendo all stars moniker, because people don’t even seem to realize what Smash is/was about anymore.

how many people would recognize Geno, a side character of a spinoff, and buy his DLC compared to Banjo, an icon of the N64 era?

there really isn't a lot to add outside of weird obscure shit. the last big missing piece was inkling and maybe ridley, and both of those are in now. people think of banjo like he's a nintendo missing piece despite being owned by MS so he was highly requested for that reason but again, he's in.

There's rumors of Rare Replay on the Switch. Banjo is also part of Nintendo history, being an icon during the N64 era. Nintendo's decision to sell Rare has been widely criticized by fans. And I imagine that second to Waluigi, Banjo is probably the character Nintendo has received the most requests for. Even in general, the people who grew up with Smash 64 also grew up with Banjo.

>to inspire Yooka Laylee
Why is this important?
>was a popular star of his own series
I'll give this one to you.
>with a lot to draw on for a cohesive moveset
Geno has plenty for that. Whatever gaps there are, they can just make stuff up like they did with Joker, whose standard attacks and throws are practically made up and/or copied from other fighters.
>Geno is an underdeveloped party member
He got as much development as any Mario character would get, specially when it was in the span of a single game.
>from a game several decades ago
Why does this matter when Banjo isn't getting new games?
>in a series where overall he's not important at all
You mean in Mario as a whole? Then yeah, but you're forgetting that this is because Square Enix owns him, so of course Nintendo wouldn't use him at all in Mario games.
More than you think for sure.

The millions of people who owned a snes?

>And I imagine that second to Waluigi, Banjo is probably the character Nintendo has received the most requests for
K. Rool and Ridley were definitely more requested than him. Hell, I'm pretty sure Goku's also more requested than him.

Meant for

Banjo's a much bigger deal than Geno could ever hope to be

Attached: banjoandnintendo.png (2916x884, 3.57M)

I think Waluigi was more requested than k rool and ridley. At least initially.

The times never been better to get your never ever in smash. The time of the first party has ended.

>Why is this important

It shows he has a cultural legacy in gaming outside of "that guy people want for Smash".

>He got as much development as any Mario character would get
Yeah jack shit notice how all the Mario characters show up multiple times in series

>Why does this matter when Banjo isn't getting new games?
It's not JUST that he's old, it's that he's an old secondary character with no legacy to speak of.

>Nintendo doesn't use him because square owns him
Irrelevant, he's not used.

Mario RPG sold 1.47 million copies, according to Wikipedia
Banjo-Kazooie sold 3.6 million copies

I'm talking the requests Nintendo received around E3 of last year. You know, two years after Sakurai decided to add Ridley and K Rool and around the time where Nintendo was picking DLC. There was a huge stink when it was confirmed that Waluigi was an Assist Trophy and even casual Smash fans got into it. Reggie even acknowledged it.

I meant characters that are more requested than Banjo.
Absolutely, nevertheless as far as how many people request them in Smash they're about the same.

>Yeah jack shit notice how all the Mario characters show up multiple times in series
>Irrelevant, he's not used.
You want Nintendo to use a character they don't even own in one of their first party titles? Might as well ask them to put Cloud in Paper Mario.

I fucking hate Salesfaggotry, I don't think Geno is a good pick but it's a stupid argument and I'm sick of it.

If you didn't start getting into smash speculation until the Inkling trailer I can see how you'd come to that conclusion.
If you were around for the Brawl and Ballot days you would know that Waluigi didn't get a huge surge of support until Ultimate's hype season.

What and who would you rather?

the point is in the raw numbers. more people would recognize Banjo and buy the DLC than they would for Geno

Then why the fuck should he be in Smash if he's not even in his home series? The whole thing with Banjo is he's his own game universe and inspired a lot of other things in other games, Geno is a party member that doesn't get used in his series and never will again because his story is done.

Adeleine is a good choice. Piss off.

>you would know that Waluigi didn't get a huge surge of support until Ultimate's hype season
This is very important. Ultimate's hype season is when Nintendo was deciding DLC. If Waluigi gets in, it's going to be because of the Waluigi memes people kept posting last year.

youtu.be/qr6NkkmsOCs
We can agree he would be a good character right? Sort of in the vein of Piranha Plant, Wii Fit Trainer.

Attached: A247AD1D-C7AC-4661-B720-B09806863546.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Add that basketball guy to Smash

>is nintendo future newcomer line-up really that patethic
Look at the first party characters we got besides Ridley and K. Rool. Inkling is literally the only other decent pick. The lizardbros might be the last classic Nintendo fighters we'll ever get.
If you ask for any first party character that isn't from Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Nintendo's newest IP, everyone will just screech about how they're unimportant or a literal who.

Attached: 1558194611894.gif (165x180, 45K)

>Mario
>obscure

It's why he'll get in next smash, but I'd be very surprised if he busted out of the AT for Ultimate, outrage or not.

He was most popular after Mario Kart Wii in the Wii era. Also when he appeared in Brawl. When people started realizing that Nintendo was actually looking at fan demand, during the beginning of Smash 4, prominent people in the Smash community started saying their hopes, which didn’t include Waluigi. That then dissented into the general community. Imo.

Whether you like it or not, you should at the very least acknowledge the fact that Geno's a highly requested character despite everything you've said, which mind you is completely true. Geno is factually irrelevant, unused, a "side" character (which I wouldn't really call him that, since he's a playable party member that sticks around with you for more than half of the game and provides exposition), not the titular character like Banjo is, so on and so forth. Despite all of this, many people have requested him a lot across many Smash titles and still do. Sakurai himself acknowledged as much. While sheer requests may not be enough to get a character in, see Waluigi, I'm still prone to believe that Sakurai or Nintendo would be willing to fulfill this wish exclusively to please the fans. Is it wishful thinking? Absolutely. Is Geno going to happen? Probably not, but after seeing stuff like Ridley get in despite him being "too big," K. Rool and Banjo despite being "too irrelevant", with Banjo not even being first party and such, I'm not going to go ahead and write highly requested characters off just like that. In other words, Ultimate comes across as THE Smash game to fulfill the wishes of many people, a lot of things that were often deemed impossible back in Brawl or even Smash 4, yet they ended up happening regardless. In the off chance that Geno gets in, I can already imagine a bunch of people switching sides and thinking of excuses as to why his inclusion makes sense, same deal that happened with Ridley. It stops being "Sakurai already said it isn't happening, he's too fucking big! Why are you being so damn obnoxious?" to "Well, it makes sense. Recurring villain, first party, highly requested, yadda yadda."

>Geno
>not obscure

I can see it happening, honestly. This is the first time Sakurai doesn't have total control over the roster selection and who knows what rule breaking character Nintendo might decide on. I think it's incredibly unlikely that Nintendo will pick a 1st party character. But I do believe that Waluigi has a legit chance thanks to Nintendo noticing the backlash over Waluigi.

Wonder Red, Beast Ganon and Porky are all Nintendo characters that I request often.

>I've never seen anoyone here request any nintendo characters anymore
Lies!

Attached: 250px-IsaacPromo.jpg (250x286, 24K)

Is Wonder Red first party? The game was made by Platinum Games, dunno if it is legally owned by Nintendo though.

Unless Xenoblade X2 or 3 come out between now and then.

not really, they could pick the latest MC instead. If Rex still stays at the top of polls by then he will

Even if he's not a Nintendo character, Banjo & Rare has a very significant part in Nintendo history.

Nintendo published the game, and the series has been included as a minor franchise in both Smash Wii U and Ultimate.

Fuck Rex give me Malos. I don't care if he'd just be a Shulk echo I want him in.

Absolutely not. Even Miyamoto hates Toad.

Nintendo legally owns the IP, so Wonder Red is a Nintendo character.

The real redpill is Malos as a Shulk echo with Monado Eater instead of Vision, Rex & Pyra as a unique character, and Addam & Mythra as a stronger, slower Rex echo.

Attached: 48c.png (400x301, 153K)

It is, in the same way that Bayo still belongs to Sega or Nier to SE, Platinum are just devs. Astral Chain is also first party.

Waluigi has always been pretty popular with people who play Mario games. He hasn't been too popular in the Smash community and I attribute it to the fact that Waluigi always gets revealed as an assist trophy before launch. Still, my point is that we should consider the fact that a ton of people requested Waluigi during a time Nintendo was selecting DLC. It's worthwhile to consider what things Nintendo might have noticed while they were picking DLC.

>shitflings characters just for the purpose of shitflinging

Isn’t Resident Evil basically the only major series missing from smash at this point? I’m talking Japanese series

You could make a case for almost every third party series that's currently missing. You may think Resident Evil is the only one, but then consider Tekken, Devil May Cry, shit like that.

And Tekken.

Yeah, I unironically like seeing characters from old games I've never heard of before. Ness and GaW were cool to see because I didn't know them and it made me want to learn their history.

Attached: 400px-Donbe_&_Hikari_Trophy_Melee.png (400x599, 196K)

SNES Mini.

I prefer Mach Rider because I like the action focus of his game and the general pacing but I also like Excite Biker and really just want to see a retro rep in the vein of Duck Hunt or ROB.

I just want a gen 3 pokemon, but deoxys got fucked hard and blaziken even harder since ganon took his spot as falcon clone. Ill settle for gardevoir with a gothetelle echo.

Attached: AED625B9-287A-4E30-B951-53FB451540B7.png (750x581, 1004K)

I'll one up your statement by saying Capcom should just throw their entire vault into the ring and let Sakurai add a bunch of their characters from other IPs just to have something to fill the roster with. Imagine getting the likes of Chris with a Leon echo, a Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Arthur, Amaterasu, and Dante all in the same game, be it DLC or in the base roster.

Never played banjo or mario rpg, but me and my friends always knew banjo and never heard of geno until the rosterfaggotry. It's that simple, that applies to most people, call me a zoomer but it's the truth.

>Ill settle for gardevoir with a gothetelle echo.
god no
this is horrible and wouldn't even work as an echo fighter

Neither of those is the juggernaut that RE is though. RE is bigger than everything but Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda

>she

Attached: CDDB4355-B16C-470A-8210-F1716A2E7C0A.png (189x267, 104K)

It doesn't need to be a juggernaut. Modest series like Persona and BK got in just fine.

No but what I’m saying, is that it’s odd it isn’t in as of yet? Especially since it is Japanese.

?
They are both psychic and can learn similar moves. It wouldnt be hard to pick 4

oh shit i didn't know mario RPG was on the SNES mini. that's actually bad ass
>sold 5 million units according to wikipedia
well i'll just shut my mouth then

If it was that big of a juggernaut then surely Chris, Leon, or Jill would have gotten in by Smash 4 either through DLC or by virtue of winning the ballot.

>We'll never get a Smash Bros like game, featuring only Pokemon.
This would be an excellent mod for someone to make.

Porky is just too based for a simpleton like you to understand his significance.

>is that it’s odd it isn’t in as of yet?
It wasn't odd when Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest weren't in the game. It isn't odd now.

It’s sold 90m copies total in games alone. I think a big reason is the player base doesn’t overlap at all.

Dante could be cool but we already have Bayonetta.
Lloyd is just another RPG boys. Would be a better choice that Joker but the damage is done

Do most smash fans not care about resident evil? I saw almost no support on the ballot and even now I rarely see support for the series.

Echo Fighters need to be the same type of body. That shitty goth Pokemon has incredibly stubby legs.

Ok guess making a new MvsC is useless because we already got them all in UMvsC3

just because a series is popular doesn't mean it'll be requested for Smash

Literally just make them levitate like mewtwo

It just doesn't work that way. Bayonetta definitely didn't sell as much as she sure as hell didn't win the ballot in reality, yet she got in before any Resident Evil rep did. Additionally, I can't imagine Bayonetta fans overlapping with Smash at all, at least prior to her inclusion.

Hyde is in as a spirit

I don't know about other people, but I like RE and at least to me those characters or the series itself aren't really the first to pop in my mind when thinking about smash.

Because the only Nintendo reps left at this point are retro wildcards, literal whos from Xenoblade, more waifu emblem trash, new gen Pokemon, ARMS, Chibi-Robo, and Waluigi, and as much as I want Excitebiker and Waluigi, characters like Crash, Doomguy, and Leon Kennedy are all way WAY more hype and would make better additions.

I really do not see why not, literal whos were placing high on the ballot like random kirby characters. If sakurai does not include an RE character, I know he has no actual respect for vidya, and I will boycott all smash games.

Because dixie Kong is the only notable first party left.

See, that's your problem, being a Resident Evil fanboy. Contrary to popular belief, getting into Smash isn't the highest achievement in the industry.

I would say most don't. The series is probably bigger among Playstation fans. Also, it doesn't seem initially seem like a series that would jive well with smash, partly because it has a western tinge to it. I'm sure it could work though.

Metal Gear does too, to be fair though, it only got in because Kojima begged him

It’s insulting when it’s much more important series than most of the 3rd party stuff added yet RE gets no looks at all.

because it's infinitely better than another fucking FErep

wabadabadab is that true?
eh

Sort of, but a big percentage of Smash fans are kids who play mostly Mario, Pokemon and other Nintendo games. They haven't been exposed to Resident Evil.

Many probably think it’s too scary and shit. Smash fans usually are faggots anyway. Fuck em

>Gardevoir
>Design based on a dancer
>No dance based moves because those use its legs
nope

Dante, Leon Kennedy, Zeke and Julie, Spyro, Jack Cayman, Crono, Dr. Eggman, Conker, Rash, Proto Man, Mrs. PAC-MAN, Gordon Freeman, Shovel Knight, Sans, Ryu Hayabusa, Earthworm Jim, Scorpion, Morrigan, Jill Valentine, Dovahkin, Vault Boy, Geno, Shadow, Tetromino, Agumon, Steve, Chris Redfield

>really do not see why not
you aren't considering Smash's audience
it's Nintendo fans, a big chunk of them being kids

If that makes you feel better, popularitycuck.

Blame rosterfags trying to relive Snake's reveal.
They don't care about Smash itself, they just want the satisfaction of saying they were able to meme non-Nintendo characters in the game.

Attached: 1468533102311 2.gif (294x222, 405K)

>"all the notable first parties are in!"
>who is Paper Mario
Do you retards even play video games?

RE doesn’t need smash anyway. I hope REmake 2 never gets ported to switch

Mario is in

>Retard still trying to spin people wanting their favorite character in a crossover game as a bad thing
The only true "rosterfags" are people that actively do NOT want characters in the game. If you hear someone talk about Waluigi, Sora, Geno, or Sans and the only thing you can think of is how you would rather have no content at all than them, you're a rosterfag.

Attached: 1561685571241.jpg (720x960, 399K)

Are the only viable 3rd parties Leon, Ryu Hayabusa, and Lloyd? Also how would Ryu work for the announcer since we already have a Ryu?

Because Smash Ultimate stopped being first party after everyone they could have added got COSTUMED, SPIRITED or ASSIST TROPHIED.

just make the announcer say the full name, Ryu Hayabusa

I mean, we have two Roys already so I don't see how having two Ryus would be a problem.

>you would rather have no content at all than them
For someone trying to paint me as spinning people's desires, you're spinning my post pretty fucking hard.

Attached: 1554955442417.jpg (576x448, 27K)

FE Roy and Koopaling Roy are just announced with a different tone.

Just call him Hayabusa instead.
>only viable
Under what standards?

There are characters you shouldn't want in the game though. Rosterfag or not.

Bamco has a fair amount of potential reps

Attached: 66761762_p0_master1200.jpg (849x1200, 386K)

Popular Japanese third parties characters with a history with Nintendo. No western character that isn’t from an IP Nintendo published will ever be in.

>Lloyd
Give three good reasons why Lloyd instead of Yuri.

Your boring ninja isn't getting in

Literally who

>wanting a minimum of standards is bad
Let's add the runny shit I took this morning. After all bad content is better than no content according to you!

Geno is not important. You can want him if you want but I'm always going to say it's a stupid idea no matter how many times it gets pushed, there's a lot better picks and I don't like the idea of characters getting in Smash on popularity alone.

Honestly, I want Rayman because maybe he'd get the Megaman treatment and Ubisoft would remember he exists for longer than 5 minutes

Attached: 1537929746823.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I didn't accuse you of shit other than being a retard, I was just attempting to create a better definition for 'rosterfag' than "person who wants a specific character in Smash."

I got Banjo, I would take literally any character they could throw in this game. I would unironically buy Goku, if Sakurai actually wanted to add him. Content is content.

Her + Shokora are my main wishes

Attached: shokora kiss.jpg (1000x1337, 375K)

How many fucking times do we have to go over this? K. Rool and Ridley are the most iconic villains of their respective franchises whereas Geno was only relevant in one fucking game that came out two decades ago.

>Mega Man treatment
You mean get one soulless game years after his inclusion and go back to irrelevancy?

Sakurai despises western IPs, he purposely made Rayman a trophy and then a sticker when Ubisoft wanted him playable. He claimed he “didn’t have enough moves.”

Tales from: my ass

There's several Famitsu articles of Sakurai praising western games like Halo and Half Life. He never said shit about Rayman

Just because he's important to the fans doesn't mean he's an important character, in the spectrum of the game. He doesn't represent anything not in the game already.

>k rool
>iconic

>Shit analogy
>Comparing literal shit to actual video game characters
I accept your concession
You wouldn't have runny shits if you stopped eating pizza rolls you fat fuck

Attached: 1561541978838.jpg (943x1024, 116K)

I was moreso hinting at Ubisoft remembering that Rayman is a thing
It sucks since Rayman is a better pick than alot of the potential picks
Atleast we got Banjo, though.

Attached: 1476982393721.jpg (600x901, 135K)

Friendly reminder that if your most wanted list consists of nothing but 3rd parties, you out yourself as a fake Nintendo fan, who fell for the shitty “bing bing” meme, and only bandwagon smash releases like every other normie. If snake was never revealed in June last year then sales wouldn’t be where they are today, and that was all for the wrong reasons.

Attached: 65A3492D-BA49-499A-8E8A-49AF75A985C5.jpg (750x905, 282K)

Well I wanted Takamaru but he isn’t getting in now is he?

Shut the fuck up, retard, I'll take Doomguy and Crash over Springman and Rex every time.

Did I fucking stutter? Who's more recognizable between K. Rool, Lord Fredrik and Woodplank face?

Great counterargument. Now tell me why wanting some standards in terms of roster is a bad thing.

we aren't getting more first party reps, the fighters pass is literally designed for 3rd parties

None of them were recognizable. K. Rool is now, since he's in now.

K. Rool is the most recognizable of the bunch though. Certainly more than Geno in any case.

Mostly Zoomers who want to post on Twitter how "CAN YOU BELEIVE ALL THESE CHARACTERS MY 8 YEAR OLD BRAIN CAN'T TAKE IT"

Kind of wish we got an actual Nintendo crossover rather than the Director using it as his mid life crisis.

go away, son of dob

Attached: 1562047082856.jpg (946x1080, 622K)

People have been asking where K. Rool is in DK for years even before Smash dude.

Attached: 07C4247E-284F-4AC5-A8B3-E3BEA3A1DD3D.jpg (600x338, 30K)

very few people.

I really wish someone else would take the reins from Sakurai. The series has not seriously advanced since Melee

>even before smash
>came out same year as DK64
>with K Rool
Nigga please

>DK fans are "very few people"

That would imply Dobson plays the games, I bet he thinks Ganon looks like in his shitty cartoons as well. That if he knows about ganon at all.

anyone else really (overly?) confident that Crash is in?

Attached: 1541789290215.png (646x634, 350K)

Asking for Sony and Xbox characters in a Nintendo game is like getting a Filet O’Fish at McDonalds

Yes, despite how horrible of an idea it is to hype myself up that much

Attached: 1556133409810.gif (200x200, 231K)

I never cared about Crash but I'm almost certain he's gonna be in, isn't he going through a kind of revival right now too?

>Rex
Literally the worst protagonist in any game I've ever played. He's a fucking moron and a completely unlikeable faggot, and his design is absolutely garbage.

>Rayman shoulda been an assist trophy in the very least, sit comfy with Bomberman.
>Frogger shoulda been an assist trophy.
>Contra shoulda had spirits.
>Koei Tecmo should had more content then just Fatal Frame assist.
>Crash should be a DLC character.
>Bamco deserves more content, if not a playable character at least some assist trophies.

>Now tell me why wanting some standards in terms of roster is a bad thing
Standards vary from person to person, fuckwit. Shit to you is someone else's most wanted, and literally all you can do about it is claim they have shit taste. Obviously non-vidya characters shouldn't get in, but literally anyone else is fair game.

>hate Porky
>want Rex
Fuck out

Who the fuck is the guy next to dixie?

Nintendo would be fucking crazy to not put him in,

he's big in both the West and East and his new games are doing fucking fantastic. They're gonna seriously miss out if they don't cash out now.

Attached: 1562087017911.png (304x408, 151K)

>imaginary rosterfag rules

Attached: 1541054646600.jpg (282x282, 12K)

>new

*new old

I mean, to get technical enough, Nitro Fueled may as well be Crash's equivalent to Smash Ultimate so that's more or less "new" in a sense.

Attached: 1543305744602.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>"Western shit will NEVER get in Smash!"
>Banjo gets in
>"T-that doesn't count!"
What's it gonna be when something like Crash gets in?

Attached: 1545051663986.jpg (500x500, 25K)

>That Banjo teaser at the end
Wonder how that guy's doing now

yup, there's so much going for him to back it up though.

Attached: 234056987.png (902x652, 359K)

My most wanted are Nintendo characters but I know it's not going to happen

Because nobody wants to have to pay extra for characters who should be in a Smash's base roster, which is where all Nintendo characters belong.

Attached: 1510678612417.jpg (600x856, 74K)

I honestly believed Red and Springman were shoe ins, and I haven’t even played either of their games.

Just ignore the retards. I dont even like DKC but K Rool was the iconic villain for the first three ganes of a flagship Nintendo series. He was practically the star of a cartoon.

Wario land is not obscure. Sakurai just hates the series.

Attached: 60614649_p12.jpg (800x700, 163K)

I thought Sakurai said a long time ago that the character had to originated from a video game.
So nothing like Goku or Naruto.

Because Smash is the greatest celebration of vidya we've ever had.

Name one contender.

mugen

>Ryu Hayabusa to rep Team Ninja
>Bomberman to rep Hudsonsoft
>Bub and Bob to rep Taito
>Professor Layton to rep Level 5
>Just one Western rep

All important to Nintendo and video game history

Pro-tip: DLC makes it easier to split the profits with 3rd parties

Hey at least IS still care, they've expressed they want to go back eventually

>iconic
>beloved by murrica and the nippon (yuropoors need not apply)
>series has incredible music
>series has a diverse cast of characters filled with spirit potential
Buckle up.

Attached: 1562032872803.gif (454x310, 3.5M)

>Remind me what was Marvel's reason for picking Spiderman again? They do not own him, it's been forever since he last got a good movie, and he was about as requested as Namor.

Attached: Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Shield-Official.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 64K)

Hang on one second...

Attached: meinkraft.jpg (834x554, 154K)

Attached: everysmashrosterthread.png (160x290, 104K)

Pretty much

Most of the Nintendo characters people want at this point are Nintendo characters they seem unwilling to put in.

>Asking for Sony and Xbox characters in a Nintendo game is like getting a Filet O’Fish at McDonalds
But I like those. The sauce makes it

Crash is big in evropa mein neger

In all fairness, Namor has the benefit of being one of Marvel's first superheroes (and I think he's also considered their first mutant too), and he's still an active character in the comics; so it's kind of unfair to compare him to Geno.

>low budget unofficial mish mash of characters created by amateur programmers and deviant art artists
>greatest celebration of vidya

Right.

The point being that Banjo was by far the most requested character in the official poll, even if it was only because that one tweet went viral. Geno probably didn't even make the top 20.

Hence saying "Banjo wasn't as requested as Geno" is as ridiculous as saying "Spiderman wasn't as requested as Namor". In real terms, Spiderman is objectively the biggest Marvel character and Namor is comparatively a more niche cult favorite.

would his trailer be at the end of the direct, where Doug Bowser is talking in his office, and then he hears a voice outside, there's a guy in a crash suit with a megaphone going? "Hey plumber boy, mustache, man your worst nightmare has arrived!" and his moveset is shown off like how the og commercial showed off Crash Bandicoot?

Yeah, but who cares about what they think?

I'm actually really down for 1st parties, off the top of my head

>Bandana Dee
>Dixie
>Poochy
>Spring Man
>Rex
>Whole plethora of retro reps like Mach Rider

I would love shit like this, but the fact is they simply aren't super exciting for most people in comparison to most 3rd parties. People wanna see stuff like Master Chief, Sora, Crash and etc.

Whose Mario?

I was pretty surprised Dixie wasn't a Diddy echo

>Poochy
Fuck off with shit like this. These are the kind of characters who actually should be assist trophies.

Instead of "Poochy is dead!" how about Kamek? He is a major antagonist of Yoshi's games at least the first one. Truth be told I don't know if he continued to be the villain of those games because the sequels are literally too babyish to be appealing games. It's sad that Yoshi's less infantile game is the first one. But yeah a wizard like Kamek would have a great moveset (also put the magi koopa in Mario Kart while we're at it I've waited long enough).

Other first party characters I want are Dimentio from Paper Mario because he's an excellent magician villain. Also Midna from Splatoon.

And too fair now those examples you listed are beloved characters. They're not lame one offs like Crono from Chrono Trigger. They come from long standing franchises that have stood the test of time in terms of being profitable. I would happily get rid of uninteresting lame characters like Joker to put one of these in.

You were off to a good start with Kamek then fucked it all up with Paper Mario shit.

Okay how about this. It's Dimentio, but he does NOT look like a 2D paper character. He's a fully realized 3D character design like most characters in Smash. Basically imagine Sakurai taking liberties in his design the same way Smash Princess Peach looks sexy while canon Peach looks like a derp pile of puke.

He won't do any of that so fuck off. It's bad enough a fucking plant wasted a spot. Fuck Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem reps hogging up the space.

Reimu

Attached: Hakurei.Reimu.full.1729514.jpg (1441x1723, 1.04M)

Not the same user but give Mario RPG a shot even if you don't like RPGs. It's a very fun game and I've yet to play another game that captures the same magic it does.

You pieces of shit already got Banjoke, so fuck off with wanting another cereal mascot furfag bait.

My most wanted characters are a mix of 3rd and 1st party.
Reimu, Amitie, Bub/Bob, and Sora for 3rd party.
Dillon, Lip, and Chibi-Robo for 1st party.

Attached: yoshster.png (47x79, 9K)

not them but Mario reps have been consistently good and interesting and the franchise has more than enough characters to create unique fighters from, I'd gladly take more characters from it or its related universes like DK and Yoshi over more anime humanoids

Attached: ludwigfinger.png (335x312, 178K)