What in the hell is the appeal of Pokemon or Nintendo games in general?

What in the hell is the appeal of Pokemon or Nintendo games in general?

I don't need a game to be ultraserious or gritty to be good. HITMAN 2016 has a great sense of humor, doesn't take itself that seriously. It's just that Pokemon/Nintendo games are literally, truly, genuinely for children. I'm not saying that to be insulting or anything, but Mario Party/Kart are the only ones I could see people having fun with because they're party game. Being above 10 and playing any other Pokemon or Nintendo game to me is sincerely cringeworthy. I'm not trying to be aggressive but I'm not memeing, someone please explain the appeal. How can you seriously sit there and play a game like Mario Odyssey BING BING WAHOO'ing all over the place and not feel like you're watching a cartoon for preschoolers? How is that not boring to you?

And nostalgia is not an answer.

Attached: 1562007681475.jpg (720x960, 213K)

I can play Mario and enjoy myself because it's fun and I'm not fragile enough to give a shit if people don't like what I play.

Attached: 1561257199489.png (480x480, 148K)

why does OP post ugly nigga?

It's not about if people like what you play. More people like Mario games than probably any other type of game. I just don't get what's fun or stimulating in the least about games for children.

Grow the fuck up you pathetic piece of shit. The games have good gameplay that's all that matters! Who literally gives a fuck if it's aimed at literal children? If a game is good it is good, simple as that.

It's time to go back.

Attached: 1551040953245.jpg (600x896, 54K)

What's the appeal of games that you happen to play? People like different shit, if you haven't noticed.

You're not allowed to put photos of yourself on 4channel

Like I said I don't mean to attack or be inflammatory. It's simply that it's so unthinkable to me to enjoy games like Pokemon after a certain age. I can't imagine sitting in my room and just watching Peppa Pig. Even if it is good, it's good for kids. I'm not saying they're bad games or poorly made or anything, just that I don't see how even a well-made children's game could be entertaining to an adult.

If I ask though, I get attacked, so I am pretty sure it's just an intense form of nostalgia that makes everyone so defensive about bing bing wahoo games.

They're genuinely well-made and good games. They're appealing to all ages. Tell me what you dislike about them without saying "it's for children", "it's cringeworthy", 'BING BING WAHOO", etc.
Evolve beyond fear of labels and have fun playing games for their gameplay.

I like Pokegirls.

I find them challenging, interesting, and difficult. Of course no game is really that difficult since they're just video games, but I think there's a clear gap in challenge when comparing something like a puzzle in Mario Odyssey to a challenge in, to use the example in my original post, Hitman 2016.

Well I don't play them much, just emulate them once in a while. They are comfy, they are easy to get into, you can just start it up, play a few minutes without thinking and shut off for a while.

they're fun

Attached: twitter_2019061-VideoToMp43.webm (480x270, 2.19M)

I wouldn't describe Mario games as being for kids, they are more like for all ages. There is just enough of story, setting and characters to give a meaning for the gameplay.

Gameplay itself is most often really well polished experience. Controls are tight, game feel great and level design is superb. Only thing that is arguably lacking, is challenge, but that is often given in optional ways (like those comet star challenges in super mario galaxy).

I dislike the simplicity, it's simply boring to me, I don't know how else I can put it.

What kind of games do you play, then?

You say you don't mean to attack, and yet, you wrote 'bing bing wahoo' in every post in this thread. If you want to shitpost, at least try to be more subtle.

>Pokemon
Catching and raising monsters. Appeal may or may not be partly forming a bond with these monsters.
>Nintendo in general
For the most part they're just video games. It's all about the gameplay. I like my long ass JRPGs and such but sometimes you just want to play the game. That's what Nintendo does.

>Pokemon
People enjoy hoarding things and finishing a collection of stuff, and the notion of catching cartoonish monsters is generally appealing to a lot of people if the Pokemon Go fad didn't tip you off.
>Mario
Generally seen as a very safe, traditional game and sometimes people just enjoy something relaxing and colorful because it's appealing to the eye. Good game for families, and the mario maker stuff has solid challenge and creativity that people like to see.
>Nintendo in general
Depends on the game. Animal Crossing is for relaxation for example.

Personally sticking with AC for now. Dropping Pokemon with SnS and I don't have any mario games.

>I find them challenging, interesting, and difficult

>Hitman 2016

Are you fucking serious?

>Mario Games
>Challenging

Attached: th (9).jpg (474x745, 32K)

all games are for children user

The irony is that most of these BING BING WAHOO XDDD shitposters would probably struggle to beat a normal midgame stage in any 2D Mario, and would never be able to 100% Odyssey. Yet they sit here, eating fecal matter, but thinking they are "better" because Mario and Pokemon and LoZ are for kids, despite 99% of the games they play being primarily purchased by children.

Attached: 1315253970745.jpg (325x436, 17K)

>challenging, interesting, and difficult
Very good answers. Out of interest, is it only challenge that you find engaging or also depth? Number of choices you have to make to get through?

>puzzle in Mario Odyssey
Kind of bad comparison IMO. First, Odyssey has gazillion moons to collect. Some of them are really easy and brainless to collect, while others can be really challenging. Haven't played hitman games, but I assume that they offer multiple approaches to same mission, while Mario games tend to have only 1 solution to each challenge.

>people unironically care about what people think of the vidya they play
>you share a board with people that dont own every platform for the current generation

Attached: 1486420461858.jpg (818x503, 163K)

This guy looks like that dog people post

Nintendo has a lot of games you're using a really large umbrella. Makes me think you're a mature games for mature gamers type of faggot. You mention Mario a lot in your post. But what about a game like Metroid, or fire emblem, Bayonetta? Those are all Nintendo games without any of the shit you're complaining about.

super expert in mario maker is probably harder than anything in (You)r game of choice

Hitman 2016 isn't challenging
>t. avid hitmanfag

Attached: image.jpg (898x538, 70K)

post 10 games you currently own friend

Attached: 1494213695331.jpg (362x412, 34K)

Can a movie targeted at a child be entertaining for adults?

If you answer no, you're just jaded.

As horribly unbalanced as Pokemon may be, the amount of ludicrous autism that has gone into mapping its features, the values and strengths/weaknesses of every single Pokemon ever created, and ideal team strategies/carried items/etc. on a multi-level tier list that separates broken bullshit from unplayable trash with a competitive focus already sets it aside from most other monster catching games.

There's also the fact that Pokemon have set stat/skill distribution and unlike SMT or DQM, you won't wind up being able to simply meld something that has completely different properties. When fighting a Scrafty, I know it's going to be a Fighting/Dark type. I know it has a predominant Defense spread and that it has a usable Physical Attack, but even with IV/EV building, it's not going to be a Special Attacker, so I won't send something against it that has very low physical defense. You just don't get this guarantee in any of the other games' multiplayers, and if you have some kind of PvP in them, you can instantly reduce the amount of viable monsters/demons/digimon/etc. to about 10 of the ultra-powerful endgame creatures and nothing else, or set a banlist which eradicates like 50% of the roster.

Attached: Jay.png (1172x659, 1.35M)

>while Mario games tend to have only 1 solution to each challenge
You literally have never played Odyssey.

Nintendo is a mixed bag. On the one hand you have cinematic trash like Xenoblade or Pokemon or Fire Emblem, where every other moment is a cutscene, but on the other hand you have actual video games like Metroid that aren't afraid to have a minimal story and actually be a video game instead of some garbage visual novel with waifus (Metroid Prime being the apex of the series due to no zero suit, period)

I guess their appeal is being a mixed bag of each flavor, but personally I would pick out the stinkers and go for the VIDEO GAMES, instead of the movies.

Attached: 1562021047568.gif (512x321, 1.73M)

idk about other nintendo games because i don't play them, but pokemon has so much in depth autistic shit that i can't stop playing it. catching and training pokemon is like endless gacha but for a one time fee and with actual gameplay.

You have been brainwashed by Sony. You are taking the relatively sane idea of correspondence of aesthetic and thematic maturity in works of Yea Forums and applying it to videogames which are an entirely distinct beast.
To make an exaggerated and cherry picked example comparison, look at Last of Us and Mario64. Last of Us presents itself as mature and complex but only features those elements in the superfluous visuals and story. The actual gameplay features no mechanics beyond walking, clicking on enemies to make them die, and pushing ladders. Whereas Mario Odyssey features many gameplay elements and lets you experiment with them in interesting ways.
Remember gameplay and atmosphere are significant. Story and visuals are dressing that should be implemented in moderation to accompany the gameplay.
This idea while more sensible and much more ingrained in the context of Yea Forums really only makes sense because it is the idea that the market is accustomed to and so projects are conceived and approved around it. 80's normalfags in the West would associate animation with immaturity, even despite being exposed to classics like WD's Fantasia; but, this notion was challenged by Akira and Japanese animation as well as the Simpsons and adult cartoons. This is getting too unfocused but just realize that this is arbitrary.
A better example is comparing Hitman 2016 itself and Mario Odyssey. They are both high quality sandboxes featuring well developed gameplay. They are only different in aesthetic. Although to get offpoint and into review territory Odyssey is slightly better as a result of deftly weaving together its free and scripted elements unlike Hitman.
The most developed games like Dwarf Fortress don't even usually opt for realism anyways.

Where is this dudes ears?

Attached: thinking.png (233x284, 71K)

Not sure if shitposting or serious user
For starter lets take a random racing game.
Now lets take mario kart.
Tell me what make the second a kid game?

Here’s how this always works
>x is shit
>ok post your favorites
>goes completely silent

now for a serious answer

I like nintendo games because they tend to be the only ones in the industry still making certain genres, like high budget, high quality platformers like tropical freeze, rail shooters, or beat em ups through their partnership with platinum

their games tend to be innately fun to play due to the "juice" they have, it's hard to describe in words but in a lot of other games (rockstar ones especially) simply controlling your character is unpleasant, it's the complete opposite with nintendo, the simple act of moving around and basic interactions are satisfying

they're all about building entire games around central mechanics or systems, there's very little fluff and the end result tend to be a very coherent, gameplay focused experience

their level designers, artists and composers are extremely high quality

quite often their games have surprisingly remarkable depth, at the hardest difficulties the skill ceiling is actually very high

and finally I just enjoy the light hearted nature of their productions, our culture is dominated by cynical, ironic and borderline nihilistic works, I just get tired of the bullshit and I don't understand how some people can live in this mental sewage 24 hours a day and still ask for more