SUPER MARIO MAKER 2 - Chill & Shill and your levels

So, what are some things that you have noticed/liked/disliked about this game?

>Playing on bed isn't as comfy as playing with the Wii U gamepad, the Switch tablet just doesn't feel as ergonomic as the U gamepad
>Creating levels laying in bed can be tiring as well, using a capacitive stylus feels weird
>Vertical levels can be a hassle to create if you use snake blocks

Anyway, play my course

A New Beginning!

9RG-KQ3-2JF

Attached: super maker 2.jpg (1200x630, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vwj3On5o58U
youtube.com/watch?v=VrFrT7-19JI
youtube.com/watch?v=unyU0OecjBE
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

T1k-8m2-mng

reposting boring baby stage PLEASE TRY IT. ITS NOT HARD, ITS FAST I SWEAR, JUST PLAY IT PLEASE

RD9-WLL-WDF

Attached: run.gif (266x200, 1.72M)

"Thwomp to the Races"
747-JWH-DLF

Ride giant Thwomps in this quick 3D World style level.
I promise it's fun and challenging. You just gotta get the jumps right.

Attached: 1561591767936.gif (555x555, 372K)

YAR YE SCALLIWAGS YER BEST BE USIN THIS HERE ANCHOR POST OR I BE KEELHAULING YE

Mount Mush'more
KWQ-F2Y-KNF

Fort Erika:
KRN-5JN-6SF

Repeating this because I posted it late in the other thread and I don't want him to miss it: "The Great Tower of Koopa" was hard but definitely fun, good job VerttigoM2.

So.. if I can ask because there's no answers anywhere online.. I went back into my course to edit and I can't place blocks or put Mario down. Can I edit my course or do I need to delete it and start all over again?

Attached: 1537751619851.gif (800x1138, 580K)

Bit Crusade 3 is the sequel to the two full games (1-1 to 8-4) I created within Mario Maker 1, reminiscent of traditional Mario levels. Meant to be played in sequence as an adventure game, starting at the 1-1. There's secrets to find, alternative pathways and other goodies as well. Try to find all 5 Power Pepperonis hidden in each stage to access the super secret bonus room at the end of each level.

The story so far: World 1 Complete
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG
1-2: Seesaw Tunnels YT8-LYV-Y8G
1-3: Algae Pond F5S-F75-LGG
1-4: Boom-Booms Pain Train R41-1SY-DSF (Newest Stage)

Give em a go, I'm usually pretty good about leaving feedback here and on the game itself. Reply to this with some stages you want played and I'll prioritize those, otherwise I pick through the thread at random. If you complete the entire first world reply to this with what you thought or anything you find that's busted and I'll play all your levels, and if I find one I really like I'll make a webm of part of it to showcase it.

Attached: Algae Pond.webm (1280x720, 2.34M)

very fun level to play fast

I feel like drawing some shitty comments
Reply to me with an ID if you want one

Attached: 1538091127854.jpg (500x463, 152K)

Made 2 levels based on basic smb arrangement. The idea is to fill all 32 courses uploads as a complete personal game

Attached: 20190702_190748.jpg (715x563, 146K)

>93J-CSP-MNF

Play this shit user, I'm fucking sad

>Pyramid Persistence
011-RLH-KPF
Try to find all the secrets in this realm shrouded by the desert sand!

>Airship Assault
F1G-YCJ-R2G
Strike an incoming airship, prevent the bombing of Mushroom Kingdom!

>Keep Kerfuffle
7QX-QMC-CFG
Bowser Jr. is trying his hardest to defend this keep! Can you find out why?

>Matroid: Zebes
WJQ-Y29-DPG
Space Bounty Hunter Mario investigates a suspicious distress call.

>Fever Dream Donjon
R8W-F85-6CQ
Traverse your enemies, defeat the victory, achieve the fortress?!

"Above the Cloud Blocks"

Tried to make it feel like a traditional mario level, how'd I do?

M0X-WLW-VLG

My first real level, I really gave it my all. It's short and not too hard but I like to think I avoided the bullshit. Give feedback, I'm going to hang here and play yours

The Descent
91W-MP9--T8G

Attached: A08D47A0-DDAE-48C7-8484-EC9755275717.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

Alright might as well repost it and give some more anons a chance to help poor Toadette escape these Thwomps and the desert?

TT3-TDK-DPG

Stage comes in three "sections" if you will, from easy to medium to hard. Last part requires a bit of spinjumping, but the level has checkpoints in convenient places!

Attached: ohno.jpg (556x673, 162K)

T1k-8m2-mng

PLEASE, I NEED IT

3JV-44V-H9G

Not sure why peopled are booing my level. I didn't play MM1 but I tested this aplenty and it's difficult but not cheap at all. Only comment I've gotten is that there are too many enemies, figured others would like that chaos where you have to weave in and out at times but I guess not.

I've been first or second clearing other user's levels so any feedback is welcome, like if you got stuck or frustrated at a particular point.

Track labyrinth
>59S TBT RSG
Stay on the platform and collect coins whilst hitting switches. No enemies so take your time. Reset door is at the flag if you think you missed any.

Mario Block Hard: Twin Snakes
>720 3G7 KPF
Snake blocks but, thanks to your feedback, improved. Please give feedback on this one.

Castle Super Switch
On/off switch platforming
HQB-2WV-H1H

Find a bell!
Find a bell to reach the end of the level. Slightly puzzle-y
C8V-R0Q-4SF

Feedback appreciated on the both of these

Attached: 1531317205670.jpg (925x835, 75K)

God damn it stop making good levels, leave some credit for the rest of us will ya?

Feedback appreciated. A little rushed. Easy and simple course with thwomp and switch gimmicks. The big thwomp section has a reset door if you fuck up, should have made that part more polished

Attached: 1562102281589m.jpg (1024x576, 135K)

Not to be offensive OP but your level isn't very good. Keep in mind that unfair shit is never good difficulty. There's just too much going on in your level and you would benifit from doing the tutorials

Pretty cool, music at the end didn't stick for the last part. Saws before the end can be a total death trap.

57F-NDV-8QF

Cheeky lil switch speedrun for u guys

>checkpoints
How do you place more than 1 checkpoint?

Hardest Mario maker level ever made.

Literally Yea Forums the stage. Have fun.

3BR-V3G-w4g

Attached: 1560416052018m.jpg (1024x1024, 107K)

It's a fun level to race! It's exactly as long as it needs to be.

Now this is podracing!
MVH-8YS-69G

Easy troll level with 0 clears so far, go grab that free world record!
I checked the death markers earlier and one guy died basically 20 steps away from the goal without finishing it lol
>No disrespect, but
CVM-RNQ-52H

Cute little puzzle level. Use offscreen stuff to spawn blasters and make a shell friend
>Back and forth and back again
9FK-WPT-TSG

Normal level with the twist of needing to take damage instead of avoiding it
>Take damage or die trying
FWY-D0H-6VG

Mansion night time nojump level, don't get spooked into jumping!
>Take it easy
QG4-XX8-5HG

Here's a spicy Vinesauce themed level.

Attached: Speed.png (832x526, 226K)

It's great when players create multiple levels like a whole game. It's like having every mario game possible

Press A

Nobody played these so I'll repost them

GBL-HLJ-3QG
>Posted this one before. It's all bout jumping on bullets and avoiding obstacles. It's pretty difficult. Wasn't that well received.

Y52-24N-J2G
>Took a long time to make this one. This is my attempt at making a 3D World level with the new tools in that style. I basically took the Ant Troopers and spike blocks and built a stage around them. It's pretty long and maybe difficult as well.

Spore Sand Bridge: 3S4-51P-9PG

What controller is everyone using, I'm using a switch pro controller I got recently, works very fluent while stage building.
Try my puzzle level if you're into that kind of stuff, still has yet to get a clear.
K19-W30-MSF

Attached: Switch_Pro.jpg (382x368, 23K)

Who wants to be the first to try it?
>YWT-8QC-87G

RD9-WLL-WDF

It says I'm limited to 1

too many enemies, bullet bills, random bullshit - and that's just in the first two screens

Nice for a first level. Plenty of small ideas there you could develop into entire levels on their own.

Not fun user, just feels like you pasted enemies everywhere, sorry

Why do you guys do these kinds of things it feels like 12yos made these

Actually fun and good, thank fuck

Played your levels before and said it then, you really are good at level design, fucking props and am subscribed

One for overworld, one for subworld.

Maybe it's 1 per zone, try putting 1 in the subarea

I just made a course based on the Koopa Bros fortress from Paper Mario, I think this is definitely my best level so far.

It has:
>cozy forest entrance to castle
>main hall with lift that needs to be switched on
>bomb-ombs and koopas as foot soldiers
>jail cell area with various items
>firebar area
>bomb-omb jail
>bullet bill gauntlet
>fake bowser
>koopa bros fight
>saving the star spirit

I’d really appreciate some feedback if anyone’s interested!

Paper Mario: Koopa Bros Fortress
ID: KPT-BM1-MKF

Why doesn't anyone want to play my wife's son's level?

7JM M3P CPF

>Plumber of Seasons
H68 - MG4 - 9JG
Journey through the 4 seasons to collect coins, fairly short and easy, tried to make it as visually appealing as possible.

>The Entombed Treasure
59L - L8W - NYF
Longish level where you explore a tomb to retrieve a sacred "treasure".

>Trees ‘n Bees
PHR - 3F6 - CFG
A short vertical 3DW level featuring BEES. And trees. Fairly low on the difficulty scale I think.

>Win the Race!
5CK - CWN - 4VF
Just win, just win, just win the race! I don’t care what it takes just find a way to win the race! Built with multiplayer in mind, but quite fun to speedrun in singleplayer too.

>Somewhere Under the Rainbow
7XF - 5FN - TCG
A prettied up SMW sky coin collection level. You don’t need to get them all and there are a lot of different routes that can be taken.

All feedback and criticism is taken to heart, I want my levels to be fun for everyone.

Attached: 1410929636941.gif (250x400, 287K)

>You can't attach sound effects to objects that spawn from pipes

Attached: 2irohm.jpg (465x484, 106K)

Wouldn't exactly call it traditional, but it was alright. I like stages that use the clown cart

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, playing a couple in the thread as we speak and making notes. Some of the levels in this thread are exactly what i'm trying to avoid, contrived shit that you can't see coming / too much stuff on screen for no reason

Ordered this on Amazon just for MM and holy fuck it's great. 60$ tho

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

My first 2 levels I've made, I don't own a Wii U so I never played SMM 1
9MQ-89G-FNG
HDY-BF8-SRF

Attached: 1547346251460.png (900x648, 661K)

7NT-R2V-Q0H

It's a raccoon mario level with conveyor belts to accelerate in a shorter distance and fly. It has some minor puzzle elements, since you have to use your tail and throw shells to activate on/off switches to advance through the stage. It might be hard if you have dificulty flying reliably with raccoon mario, but there's plenty of room to make mistakes.

Would appreciate some feedback on my stages:

>A Matter of Life and Death: PPS-21N-JSG
Super basic themed stage, probably not particularly difficult, but should feel a lot like a normal early Mario stage

>Fright Factory: CJS-6FJ-4YF
A on/off puzzle stage in a haunted factory. I'd really like feedback on this one more than anything, especially if it's too hard.

>Frozen Ruins in the Dry Desert: KPF-NHH-FFG
A basic stage using a lot of ice, with a basic path and a harder "true ending" path with bonuses for collecting the keys.

Everything's appreciated!

You like the mine-cart levels from DKC?

Koopa Derby 1-2: 7G2-Y0F-TWF

So I tried to do a remake of Gusty Glade from DKC2 after I discovered the wind theme. It turned out a little harder than I expected but I'd appreciate if I could get a few plays from you guys. I wanted to keep it as accurate as possible and I even worked the bonus stages in there. I'm thinking of doing some more DKC2 remakes.

P3K-3CF-5PF

Im planning on getting the SF version which has regular non concave face buttons. Also last I looked it was more like $41-45?
I also need a controller like this in general. As much as I love my Wii U Pro for d-paddery, it cant do inputs over wired

It was alright. I got confused during the goomba, bomb, lava ball madness part. Mainly I guess because I went past the cat powerup without noticing it.

Get good? Do most people just quit the first few times they die? It's not that difficult, I'm pretty much average skill level. Weaving in and out of a lot enemies is fun to me. Hey it's fine, I just don't get some people's preferences.

NEW
Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>I love the sky theme for SMW so much so I really wanted to put a lot of love into this level, I hope it turned out good. The theme is a Pirahna Plant invasion in the mushroom cloudtops.

OLD LEVELS
Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Pretty standard level focused around dry fish, I tried to do as much as I could with that one enemy.
Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Can’t touch the ground once you’re off it, so you have to use things like bouncers and vines to advance.
Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG
>I feel like this one could’ve turned out better, but the idea was built around flying on a ship throughout the sky and dodging enemies.

Attached: A42E225F-00DB-4B56-9682-6D292C5B4381.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

I'm making a sort of space exploration level, and I'm deciding if I should include "upgrades" that let you access other areas and sacrifice linearity, or if I should scrap that idea and just let the player go anywhere in any order.

Attached: 20190610_214844.png (500x275, 116K)

60$ in leaf-land, sorry for the misunderstanding. The caved buttons are just made for SMW so works for me

R0C-3SL-L1H

Posted near the end of last thread. Taking feedback. Just a basic level with minimum bullshit.

i will play this in a moment because i cant imagine how you even did that

Guess I'll repost from previous thread cause nobody said anything about it.
>I just made this, it's a bit difficult, but not very long, pure platforming in SMW style. I'd really appreciate any feedback.
>Underground Passage - W82-5D0-K2G

too much shit everywhere and coming in suddenly from offscreen - it's less hard for you because you put everything there and know where it is

1MS-NCL-XVF

A level involving heavy use of Dry Bones shell invincibility.

Good level. I liked how it loops back to the main area after you activate the block. The real Bowser just straight up died when I entered the room though.

I'll play your level if you play one of my stages:
- Ladeira a Baixo
Level Id: 3QH-TVG-S5G
Style: SMB3
Difficulty: Easy
Description: A very simple stage with nice aesthetics and usage of water, short and Sweet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Toy Box
Level Id: MJD-MBX-3MF
Style: 3D World
Difficulty: Hard
Description: In this world, even the most carefree toy is deadly, so take care and enjoy the ride. This course have 3 parts, a car section and a boss, it's very challenge.

Attached: 1561831232293.png (842x1206, 348K)

R8K-2PY-4LG

Play my level

Great use of the Ant Troopersthroughout the level! I didnt even know that when you remove the parachute theyll keep flying so I got stuck on the last part.

3NV-3SQ-0KF
a 3D World level that using both clear pipes with trampolines as the main obstacle
not particularly hard

Attached: 1530687649399.png (322x395, 201K)

Don't mind me, just shilling my first stage.

The Piranha Field
95K-1HW-2MF

Just a old school SM3 inspired stage.

Attached: Piranha Plant.jpg (600x946, 74K)

> The real Bowser just straight up died when I entered the room though
It was supposed to emulate how the fake bowser died easily in paper mario, I couldn't figure out how else to do it since you can't change bowser's HP unfortunately

Reposting my stages.

>Ricco Harbor
TWG-01P-XRG

>Climb the the Sky Fortress!
N12-XKN-JPF

>Super Ball Temple (Fixed)
1TF-9WT-82G

>Xenoblade 2 Tiger! Tiger!
5F8-B54-H1G

>Longjump, Kart, &Climb Triathlon (Multiplayer Versus)
KR4-1G0-73G

Thinking of making another Xenoblade inspired stage, but I have no good ideas for one. Any of you anons got any good suggestions?

Attached: xenoblade poppi.jpg (1000x1414, 767K)

30N-TX1-9TF

Attached: Muncher.png (120x120, 2K)

forgot to anchor because I'm retarded

Anchoring

Here's a slight revision of my second stage. Snakes, lava, and icicles!

Attached: D-gYlqMU0AAC6JK.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Attached: Phantom Manor.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

And while we're at it, my first stage as well. Lots of swinging in this one.

Attached: D-M--YkVAAAMM75sdg.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>die
>play carefully
>know where stuff is the second time
>jump over slow moving bullet bills
damn too hardcore for me

I guess I'll switch to simple setup speed run levels, I like making and playing those as well and they are easier to make anyways.

Finished it, I didn't find it especially difficult, but the theme really seems to fall apart designwise as you go along. Otherwise it wasn't a complete bullshit kaizo stage while still having some challenge so that's cool.

Dumb question, but is the only way to make an update to a stage you've already uploaded is to delete it?

I even renamed the stage, but it wont let me upload it.

I didnt wanna lose all those comments....

Easy and fun level!

Yep, you have to delete and upload.

It's so disheartening when you spend ages creating a level and no-one plays it. Here's my level: "Escape from Thwomp Ruins!"

YY2-63K-J0G

OP here

Some advice for the auto scroll vertical level, don't try to jump up too fast

EVERYONE
Rank the different game styles.

SMB1 = SMB3 > SMW = SMU > 3DW

Attached: 1547511579514.png (432x453, 231K)

5WC-QDD-BKG

People seem to have been enjoying this one so far, but it doesn't have a ton of plays. Let me know what you all think. Not too difficult, it's more of an adventure.

>want to use the sick ass red airship tileset
>it's locked behind the nighttime gimmick and shitty night music

Attached: 1539595280631.png (480x602, 416K)

Y18-NYW-1GG
The Great Tower of Koopa

Much Appreciated, just got completely thrashed trying Fort Erika

Thanks. Should've probably used that concept earlier in the stage somehow, but by the time I made the ending I was kind of sick of making the stage already.

>Putting your own level in OP and forgetting the master list link
OP confirmed for faggot

so i discovered that sound effects somehow make ghost levels at night a bit better

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 453K)

made a level inspired by castlevania 2 because the forest theme in mario 1 reminded me of it
complete with a mansion and a bunch of references to that game
mite b cool captain

Attached: 1538825918602.jpg (1200x1172, 323K)

At least capitalize the name, otherwise you look like a 12 year old

ty!

Just updated my level today, please play it and send feedback

W2P-GYC-RRG

Attached: A3054CBD-7DE2-4324-96AF-C46983288027.jpg (884x463, 137K)

I spent some time adjusting difficulty on this one, gradually getting better at it. Repost

7NY-RRR-30G

Feedback welcome, please be harsh

Attached: 1561875995483.jpg (1177x1554, 168K)

SMU = SMW > SMB3 = 3DW > SMB1
3D world would be so much better if it had more items, it has the best platforming.

SMW > SMB 3 > SMB
The rest can go to heck.

where's the goomba?

Attached: 1550121239565.jpg (1340x1180, 98K)

Played your second level. I found the first key room really annoying. It could do with the conveyor belt. I'm also not a fan of ennemies popping out of enterable pipes. Last thing I wanted to add was that I found your secret 3 ups room to be too slow. Otherwise it was fine.

gonna repost my newest level

YPB-V0V-76G
I tried to make it interesting, though it's mostly a standard platforming level. Only 1 clear so far.

Attached: erytuio.png (881x678, 397K)

I can't. I like them all and there are levels I prefer in one style and others in another.

But I guess If I HAD to pick one then SMW would be my favorite.

SMB1 = SMB3 = SMW > power gap > SMU = 3DW

If they hadn’t released the 3D World style the way it is, it potentially could’ve been on par with the top 3, but frankly, it feels unfinished in the state it’s currently in. I love the movement, music, and visuals, but it’s missing so many vital objects that I refuse to believe are hard to implement like vines, one-way gates, koopa shells, tracks, fire bars, one tile spikes, red and blue blocks, and a bunch of other stuff I’m sure I missed. If they fix these issues by giving it some of the objects it desperately needs for any semblance of depth, it could be great, but right now it’s not, and for me it’s a glaring flaw on an otherwise great sequel.

Can I get some feedback on this brand new level? No clears yet. My clear rate has been pretty low on previous levels so I am trying to go a bit on the easy side.

R2J-37X-NFF

Attached: 1442626315084.jpg (700x888, 50K)

Played it. It was fun but hard. Maybe add more mushrooms so it’s more forgiving when people get it in endless mode.

>SMB1 and SMB3 on par with SMW
they look like shit and have almost nothing that warrants using them over it

3DW = SMW = SMU > SMB1 > SMB3

...Some of you said my level was bad and too hard so I fixed it up a bit, I'm sorry you didn't like it. Please try it now:

Cold Caverns (V3):
FK4-BXY-SMG.

If you are still having problems beating it: On the left side of the blue platform is a hidden vine block, get to the top and jump onto the hard block, find the second hidden block and jump to the clouds on the left to find a retard helmet.

Attached: 789456888.jpg (500x500, 191K)

>Sprixie Kingdom Homecoming (Standard 1-1 style level)
FC7-R9C-6NF
>The Airship Dock (A castle level that transitions to airship)
5RC-5TF-TMG

Attached: 1557370456663.jpg (804x720, 74K)

9PP-PSL-BTF
Mt Choco Digsite
first part is pretty normal then it gets more puzzle based, i tried to make it so there are multiple ways to solve the puzzles.Re-posting since we started a new thread.

>paid online required

How about you fuck off.

Anyone else keep making their levels harder than they initially wanted to?

Like I'll do a level and think "this should end up in the 30% range" but then it's actually under 5%

Local Plumber Vandalizes Temple
>93J-FRJ-T4G
Mario`s gotten desperate for coins, so he`s decided to raid an ancient temple for its treasures.
Not too long of a level. You can cheese it easily if you know what you`re doing

>i have to pay for electricity to play
wtf?

If I give you the 83 cents it cost per month to get Switch Online, will you play it with us?

Reposting my Jungle level

72Q-2QJ-VQG

TKP-S40-8VF

A P-switch gimmick level. It's probably a little too easy since I struggled to make the level hard without making it cheap. Feedback appreciated.

Attached: sunglasses.png (624x653, 506K)

>he cant pay $20 a year to play online

Attached: 1550332407701.jpg (480x241, 39K)

how do you get to the door in the middle of the castle section? is it even needed to go there or is it just an alternate path?
I'm having some trouble with the flying section on the ship and I wonder if that door leads to an easier path

I hope you're good

911-4GB-C9G

>make stage around using the superflower to bounce around to hit things you can't reach yourself
>think that's a cool idea
>now realize there's tons of stages with the exact same concept out there

Attached: 134757848145.jpg (613x570, 86K)

If you play my jungle level

Your levels aren't too hard, most people are just mind-bogglingly bad at Mario
Look at your death markers sometime and be amazed at the creative ways people manage to kill themselves

>they look like shit and have almost nothing that warrants using them over it
You’ve just got some shit taste if you think that’s the case, they all look great. All of them allow for different looking levels with different music and atmosphere. They’re all solid as fuck and enjoy all of them equally.

how'd you guys learn how to make good levels

When people ask me if I went to game design school, I tell them, "No, I went and played video games."

Ceave has a pretty good tutorial on making good traditional levels. Basically, the trick is to limit yourself to a handful of elements, usually a main element and some supporting ones. This forces you to be creative and allows the player to have an idea of what's coming up.

Only the most average adventurers can make it through Roundabout Rock. Can you?
YWW-P2J18G

Attached: DEMOCONGA.gif (250x270, 804K)

There's some great concepts here to git gud

youtube.com/watch?v=Vwj3On5o58U

Attached: that.png (886x842, 493K)

Thanks for the feedback, did you find the secret area with the 1ups and stuff? I found it pretty hard when I had to complete it to upload it, it originally had three flying dry bones at the start which drove me mad

>SMB1
>bad
I think it is actually my favorite. Try this level:
348-2X1-MRF

Attached: 1561055542522.png (792x792, 569K)

Finished it! I liked it, my main complaints are that getting in and out of the 5 pink coin area is a little too difficult to do, and could use slightly higher walls (on the entrance/exit portions only, the rest is fine)

Also I feel that when you have 2 moles, their bumping into each other makes the dodging a little too random for my personal tastes, but others might not be so bothered. In all, enjoyed it despite my complaints.

The levels I make usually take 3-5 hours to make in total. Before I even start a level I mess around with the editor to try and find a few enemies and concepts that work well together and sorta just start making stuff I think would be fun with a basic theme in mind, and when I’m finished I pretty it up a little because it can go a long way to help spruce up your level with a few semi-solid platforms and ground textures.

Attached: 1347831551168.gif (308x231, 1.99M)

If anyone wants to play some decent idea that I think sadly turned out as garbage, feel free to give this a play.

KFF-0J7-DBG

I'm not sure I want to make another 3D world course ever again, there's so many basic features missing, holy shit.

Attached: 1507193170336.jpg (539x850, 91K)

>All-Stars user back on his bullshit

Attached: kirb max.png (2001x1125, 1.1M)

Ceave Gaming has some good videos on how to structure levels and on how to properly use the game mechanics to your level's advantage

youtube.com/watch?v=VrFrT7-19JI
youtube.com/watch?v=unyU0OecjBE

Most of the tips from the MM1 videos still apply to MM2

My favorite section was the boss fight where you had to dodge the fireballs and wait for the bob-ombs to blow up. I’d say sprinkle some coins in the level and some semi-solid platforms to age the level look a bit more distinct.

CSG-CWL-K9G
Beat it

Attached: 2butgyi2.png (750x650, 468K)

>2/55 clears
guess i fucked up

Attached: 1547883677364.jpg (306x306, 15K)

Yeah I managed to find the secret vine. I was hoping to find a super mush up there.

Which one is the super mushroom? Might put one up there. I had the endless challengers in mind when I put the 1ups up there

I can and I have - thematically it's a hot mess, but platform-wise it's fun.

>do you get to the door in the middle of the castle section?
you have to reach it without being hit once. After that you just have to use your head ;^)

It's not easier, but shorter and you don't have to fly.

Chance of Hail:
RNW-03C-9JF
Sky bouncing, claw swinging, and a bit of ice.

Soles of the Departed:
C80-VJX-WJG
Shoe bouncing over danger in an attempt to escape damnation.

Sole Redemption:
TMX-MSV-VXG
Continue the journey and defeat some bosses to save your sole.

Ascending Sole:
7XM-NHB-MRF
Complete the trilogy! Having escaped the depths, now you must climb through the clouds and do some precarious bouncing to reach the golden path.

These are both extremely fun and well made, gj lads

Last edit for hopefully a while: The list now sorts by newest first by default, but you can switch sheets to sort by title or maker.

Attached: Sheets.png (1575x802, 136K)

Trying one last time to get this level kickstarted! Also, what’s everyone maker points at? I have no idea how the point system works.

>YWT-8QC-87G

After listening to the criticism of yesterday's thread , I finally got around to improving my level. Behold, the all new "Journey to the Cave of Wonders!"
3SV-N7K-GGF

With this I got rid of any sort of leaps of faith and made it more about outrunning a single Charvarg. Also altered the bees to make them easier to jump on. Hopefully this level's more enjoyable now.

Also almost done with my newest level, so I will post that one soon.

Attached: 1562041203064m.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

I'm not even seeing what the idea is, user. Most of the levels are just unfun, they're so cramped. The Podoboo area is straight up awful, it's impossible to tell where they're popping up. In the future I recommend using tracks to show their pathing, even if they're not actually on the tracks. Or at least coins.

CSL-C0M-DWG

Attached: D-f8FAcU8AAwjhk_1.jpg (828x521, 58K)

Thanks, man. I didn't really make it with a theme in mind, but rather I just put in whatever I thought would be fun.

Where do I see that?

>I’d say sprinkle some coins in the level and some semi-solid platforms to age the level look a bit more distinct.
Thanks for giving it a try. You are definitely right about the semi-solid platforms, I guess I just gave up trying to make a mostly empty level look like something cohesive. As far as coins go I usually use them to guide the player or spice up boring/slow segments, but idk maybe.

I'm actually havin fun playin my own course, there's enough danger, but enough leeway for someone bein more cautious on an endless playthrough, or their first time through the course. But I've tried to have everything sync up for a speedrunner, too. Hope you guys don't mind playin a course with a clear condition around coins.

You're right about the walls in the pink coin area, I subconsciously matched them with the middle walls and didn't think to make them different heights
Squeezing through a tiny gap to enter the room should probably not be the main challenge there
Thanks user

Attached: 32ff11e9029c9fd1fd75d613aae8a370.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

the winged platforms really fuck up your momentum
aside from that it's not really all that hard

I'm really fucking up your clear %, that first bit is way too hard, the jumping flame bit right at the start is so annoying. I like the idea of being inside the thwomps with their outline made of brick though

I would have if 3D world even had tracks.
I agree tho, this probably isn't long for the world.

Oh sorry, forgot to link it.
Submission Form: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg

Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo

sound aight
post yer code

*ON/OFF Blocks your path*

Attached: switchxswitch.png (1900x900, 658K)

just did

I only used them because the bottom floor is probably the only chance to use those enemies yes, will need tweaking or maybe something else entirely.

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 467K)

Dropped it at the Chain Chomp section a while ago - how was I supposed to do that? I-I wasn't actually supposed to get lifted up by the Chain Chomp posts, right? R-right?

Good shit, user.

It's only a third of the way done at the moment, sorry. But I think I could have it done by tonight.

First stage, it's real short and mostly looking for criticism/ideas

PFB-C2C-YCG

Atleast translate your big boobed anime pictures you dumb spaniard

That’s all that I’ve seen. Everyone loves using those winding blocks to waste time too.

Only two visits and no completions but ninety-five failures...
If you ever finally make it passed the flying saws / hail and spinies: There another retard helmet right above the red pipe leading into the cave, you'll be able to find it in a hidden block.

Attached: udfpiv27cr301.png (403x448, 53K)

Oh good, you posted it again

Now go forth and win.

Attached: ypPPoXwI6rHeMs97.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Made a level based around bullet bills, creating various challenges around them. I tried not to make it too hard.

I'm not good with names

HQD-YQP-5VF

Attached: 1533718331138.jpg (1080x1080, 755K)

I want to fuck a spanish shortstack tomboy someone please send one to my house

>"look here sweetie, before spewing shit around about VOX (extreme-right spanish political party) do some research"

Tight platforming and thematically coherent to a fault - this is what we in the business call in our jargon 'good shit m8'

Attached: boomstreetraccoon2.png (258x462, 115K)

KM6-M28-2HG

I got to the check point and the first jump is just a pain. And when I would get passed the first two saws and onto the thwomp section I died from offscreen saws and just called it. Your level is definitely doable but if I ran into it on endless it would be boo’d and skipped pretty quickly.

That's insane - but I'll give it a shot.

Attached: prime-air_high-resolution02[1].jpg (1200x800, 47K)

Not very fun, user. Nobody likes playing autoscrollers, and there's pretty much no safe places to take a breather.

Reposting to educate people who might not know

- - -

Keep in mind that clear rate does NOT equal difficulty.

What you see under "clear rate" is nothing but how often the flag was touched vs how many times someone started the level.
If I go into a new level and clear it first time, it will say 1/1 clear rate 100%.

If I then go and think "hey I could set a really good time for this and get a long lasting world record!" and I keep playing the stage over and over but resetting it when I mess up a jump or lose time in some segment, it might just say something like 2/50 or 2/100 or what have you when I'm finally done and the clear rate shown will be ABYSMAL.

Yet the stage will still be rated as easy because out of 2 people who loaded the level 2 have completed it (the number next to the footprints symbol is not how many unique people played your stage, but how often anyone has loaded into the stage. Resetting doesn't add to it, just actually reloading it fully aka exiting and coming back in).

And that is what the game looks at. The game looks at your play count (footprints number) and compared it to your clears.

For example one of my stages has a clear rate of only 2.2%.
Sounds hard, right?
Well in reality many of those attempts were by people trying to get good times. If you actually divide clears by how often the stage was loaded, the number is something like 29% for that stage. Suddenly it's not THAT hard anymore. 29% of the time when someone entered my level, they ended up clearing it.

Attached: 099389e8cdf11c97ea176a23205889b1.png (733x1086, 561K)

Having an open level will need you to consider how the players will tackle your course. You'll probably have to sacrifice a lot of dificulty too since you won't know what the player has when they go against a boss or something.

thanks but you should also have posted the image where she has her shirt unbuttoned

Feel free to take your time at each thwomp, prove you're more skilled than most of Yea Forums.

Thank you user, I see you took my advice to heart sorta. Plan on adding a tab for upload date or is that a no go?

K7X WKH Y0G

But I didn't post that

You've gotta watch the pattern below with the two higher pieces of track I laid down. If you're running toward that off switch with the red coin, you have about an extra 1.5 seconds to position yourself before the thwomp is able to fully break through the hard blocks. You were actually almost at the end, though.

OH MY GOD I FUCKING DID IT I'M AT THE CHECK POINT I'M TOO TIPSY FOR THIS SHIT WHAT DO

PCR-DCW-9NG

Congrats, now do the rest.

anons at least sell your damn level you lazy fucks, you presumably spent hours making it, surely you can write a few sentences

Do you guys think a stage around this kind of shit could be fun?
I like how they look when flying around there, not all perfectly on top of each other. If you sprint through the tornadoes you can dodge them and not get smacked upwards into the moles.

Attached: flyingmoles.webm (960x540, 1.09M)

I posted this one a few days ago, this time around it's been balanced a bit and I've removed the excess coins.

Water Water But None to Drink
K72-8G9-DBG

This course had a 30% of its players liked the original so I was a little pensive to delete it, but I really felt it needed some changes. Any feedback is welcome, and it is quite easy.

>draw the rest of the fucking owl
At CP2, the second section really wasn't too bad. But the Bowser fight will rek me a couple of times I reckon. I'll like it in advance just in case I ragequit

there's plenty of spaces to short hop back and forth, infact there's 2 donut platforms you can easily move between. The idea was to maintain pacing but with the addition of autoscrolling, it might've been redundant. I might swap them out for hard blocks.

no

7N3-DSH-Y0G
The Ground Night stage actually has a bunch of different effects, not just the 'goombas float and 1-ups are poisonous' that everyone knows. This level showcases all of the changes -- or at least all of those I could find.
Pretty easy level, but should help inspire people about what parts they would want to use in their own work.

Yeah the second half is more of a breather compared to the beginning, considering you don't fuck up at the miniboss. The Bowser fight was initially much harder with a Bowser jr shooting fireballs and a smaller playing field, but I felt it was too rng based.

If you have a challenging platforming section, just have the player fall into a pit with a door that takes you back to the start of that section.

Attached: 1559733354393.gif (300x290, 28K)

looks funny but I wouldn't use it as a stage theme, maybe keep them as a one-off obstacle tho

FYX-322-R1G

Attached: 9186a69793e64d7b305f28fb83b79166.jpg (465x428, 35K)

sorry bruv but you're gonna land in spikes or munchers because no level is complete without 100+ of each

Goomba escort level. Took me forever to upload.

K91-1TS-C2H

Attached: D6pFN1TUwAAtswn.jpg (216x216, 8K)

So any good Nina porn yet

>50% of all popular stages are speedruns with on/off blocks

hmmm

Abandoned Peak
KHL-0FJ-GQF
Comfy snow level

Secrets of the mirrored desert
53W-4DG-3TF
Find the five keys using the mirrored desert

Attached: file.png (854x532, 276K)

COIN MAZE
RQ4-X7Y-1MG

If it's not too much trouble could you try again with some changes I've made?
57K-SF2-GKG

Anyone else preferring the aesthetic of the first Mario Maker so far or is it just me?

Here's my first level, Wriggler's Keep.

Thought I'd take a simple approach to it, hope you guys like it

153-PPY-CBG

I FUCKING DID IT
>when the final layer of blocks breaks

All in all I'd say that the stage was pretty fair - figuring out the Thwomp section isnt easy but all the tools are there, I'm just a brainlet

Attached: 1537105994951.png (540x540, 123K)

why is this shitty level so popular?

Choose a pipe and hope you're right is the epitome of shit level design. Otherwise I liked your level.

that's how the creator of celeste designed his level. kinda makes sense cuz his game is based on short rooms anyway.

It's gotta be somebody who is internet famous shilling their shit to their fanbase

There's no downside to taking the wrong pipe, and you get to see jr's bedroom or a koopa on the toilet.

CNJ R0X 6GG

It's a puzzle ghost house level. I tried to make it fair and didn't incorporate any stupid shit like invisible blocks. No hard platforming either. Brainlets not welcome.

Attached: kaiba3.png (900x582, 472K)

Updated Fright Factory to make some changes (thanks for the suggestions ) so things are less difficult in the first puzzle and the bonus room is shorter but more interactive.

New code: YKN-X05-G6G

People going to the 'Popular' tab and playing #1
I guess that level got there first

It's still frustrating as a player.

Today until /MIDNIGHT EST/ I will be sending $10 to everyone who completes my level for the first time.

Last night the first prize was $50 and the next 2 subsequent winners were given $20.

The level is not crazy it's very doable, just challenging, and there are 2 very generously placed checkpoints.

GOOD LUCK:
CQP-HRG-MRG

email me for your prize after you've finished: [email protected]

Attached: 1562059398724.png (636x647, 375K)

"just have the player fall into a pit" kinda limits creativity when it comes to challenging platforming. Well in a way it forces you to be creative too, but you can only do so much with "falling down" as a penalty.

Congrats man, your posts have encouraged me to make more. This time more straightforward as the thwomp room seemee to get a lot of people to quit, even though I personally think it's fine.

How so? Even if you're speedrunning you probably cleared the level normally once just to scope the layout. I don't see the problem.

Attached: 1531398981047.webm (1076x1078, 829K)

>Bowser did 9/11 2 (feat. Bowser)
okay, which one of you was it
admit it now and we'll only mock you a little

>world record
>26 minutes
kek

it's pretty bad

>The Frozen Mine
HVJ-LNR-50G

Raid an icy mine, taking care not to get pulverized. Collect all 5 red coins to unlock a bonus stage!

Attached: 1553559385854.jpg (576x432, 33K)

2 people have found the super secret treasure, will you? Find the secret hiding in skull cave:
H4F-V4D-MRF

How did you find it?

Mine is just a basic Mario stage that I made. I can't really "sell it" more than that.

I wish they'd give you the chance to rate a stage you ended up game overing on in endless. So many levels getting away with not getting their asses Boo'd.

t. shitter

Just pause and boo when you realize the level is dogshit

Just go to your recently played

The last part where the whole segment is made out of on/off parts is col but yeah the rest is pretty shitty and braindead easy

just find it in your played courses list y'dork

This is the greatest level ever made

"Super Vore Bros."
RDW-SV9-P0G

Only 3% of players who have dared to played has been able to not be consumed by luigi's digestion system.

Attached: 1530066747799.jpg (552x536, 86K)

Seriously? I could use $10. The question is whether or not you'll really honor it. What's so hard about it?

I didn't play the previous version but the room with the conveyor belts and the plant is really janky
even when you reach the clear pipe and hold up you just slide past it and fall down because you need to hit a sweetspot while at high speed
and the plant is just super likely to eat your ass because of how the conveyor fucks with your momentum

Not saying it's shit or anything I actually really like the stage, I just think this room could use some polish to make it smoother

It's someone who played one of my levels - I generally play at least one level of people who play mine. Famed artist of such masterpieces as 'Tribute to Nolan (Big guy)'

Kek, those are the shitty joke levels i made. The other 2 have effort put into them

I've put invisible blocks under the pipe but I guess people wouldn't really find them unless they try to wall jump up.
I'll keep that in mind if I revise it again, thanks for the feedback.

nvm I'm retarded and didn't hit the hidden blocks, it's super easy once they're active

I gave away over $100 dollars on this game thus far. Play it, it's got a few puzzles with some doable platforming no leaps of faith or stupid traps, no trolling really. and its not kaizo or anything, just punishing platforming.

I remember an user saying he was going to recreate that one NES TMNT bomb defuse level, I'd really like to play it if you're out there.

Reup of one I made some changes to.

Up, Down, and Across
5PN-VWQ-NFF

Did someone order a Stormy Ascent level remake?

MXD-2K9-L1H

Attached: D8ECE046-330C-4D85-8907-2B032250A588.jpg (1280x720, 279K)

Alright thread,

Is this your GOTY? It's definitely contender for mine so far.

Attached: dczpsdp-b856c3ab-c497-4c85-8ac3-d51dc7a02ed0.png (848x892, 661K)

Didn't play SMM1 and I'd say breddy gud/10

Attached: af18eeeb1a6727c29ff9be84599b74c92a74acd9.jpg (901x1107, 368K)

Well since Animal Crossing got delayed, maybe

Tony Thwompson’s Tower
32C-6WV-1QG

Navigate a 3D World level filled with different Thwomp uses like riding on them or being able to kill them.

I know I keep shilling this level but I haven’t had time to make new ones. I like being a nurse but working three straight overnight twelves makes it hard to chill with the bros. I just got on shift but when I get home around 8AM tomorrow I will be making a big post of comments like I did yesterday.

Attached: A18EA118-FF4B-443C-944B-2CA8E6D6C932.jpg (4032x3024, 2.5M)

one of the best games I've played this year, at least. though I haven't played many new releases this year.

I wish they hadn't neutered the wacky undertones and Mario Paint themeing of the original Mario Maker. I liked the sort of "Kid Pix" feel of the original. It was more like Nintendo software instead of a Nintendo game, if you know what I mean.

Also the GamePad and stylus were just fucking perfect for MM1's drag n drop UI. Using a stylus on the Switch just feels weird and janky. You can't even shake enemies to change their states as far as I can tell.

Attached: 1530479171241.jpg (472x482, 16K)

Jokes on you, I beat both of the joke levels and had fun

I've been playing this game 10 hours a day since launch. What do you think?

If you flick them downwards fast enough you can throw them in the trash at least.

>finally build a good aesthetic outer shell for the stage
>have to start actually making the gameplay part of it
>hit a brick wall because I thought starting from a top-down perspective was a good idea

I forgot how bad I was at level design in the first mario maker

Attached: [SquareSubs] Medarot - 06 [882027A4].mkv_snapshot_14.46_[2019.01.03_21.58.59].jpg (640x480, 28K)

holy shit bros is it just me or is vs mode borked?

>no 2nd or 3rd place
>everyone else just loses

1PT-NKT-FPF

This game and every single level using them would be better without hammerniggers
They're the single worst enemy design and have never been used in a good or interesting way

>tfw get some guy's offscreen thwomp hidden kaizo block pick a pipe shit level in endless
>skip it
>go out of endless, look up last played stages, go to guy's profile and boo all of his 12 stages

Yeah fucked with the wrong guy, kid

Attached: 1477947755489.png (584x717, 377K)

Attached: memearrows.jpg (683x361, 35K)

You like Wrigglers?

9YC-DHS-9TG

>playing this meme course

do it

>implying I won't play this level

I liked it, but some of the on-off stuff seemed a bit unintuitive, like the part where if you hit the on-off switch and block it off, you have to go back the way you came to change it back.

MM1 really honed in on encouraging creativity. You can tell the entire game was designed around that philosophy. The game has so many interactions that it encourages you to just mash things together to see what fits. Dragging power-ups on enemies or shaking them to see what they can turn into is honestly more preferable to just tapping them and opening a menu of possible states. There's not much to discover if you're already familiar with MM1.

I think creators are at a disadvantage because of this, too. So many levels just start with a loose mushroom because no one thinks to drag it on to Mario to start the level in that state. I've played levels that are completely broken because the creator doesn't know that Mario can wear Buzzy/Spiny shells on his head.

That being said, MM2 is still good. It just feels like such a huge step backwards thematically.

Attached: 1537338387742.gif (437x415, 271K)

ML7-8N7-XHF

Crush Dungeon. It's not a good level.

A lot of interesting glitches that I saw on youtube and stuff also seem to be gone.
Sad times.

Koopa Derby here, thanks!

gonna keep copy+paste shilling mine until it gets at least one play.
Just finished my first level. been working at it on and off since release
>Walljump Wallop
FWH-MWC-9BG
pretty simple, it's just wall jump/slide challenges that get more and more difficult. makes use of the big spiky blocks, blinking blocks, and pirahna plants.
somewhat difficult towards the end but there's a mushroom in there if ya need it.

Attached: 1560979438203.png (1080x1080, 1.2M)

RIP wiggler booty glitch and pipe stacking

CS4-697-JSG
First time playin' mario maker. Made my first stage and its a bit rough, but nothing too bullshit I think.

Here are some of my experiments.

The Bullet Bills And The Bees
5MY-1VH-GFF

Switches and Rails
5FB-PDW-8WG

Koopas and Kings
59N-WSP-VNF

Attached: 1561696138004.png (640x640, 551K)

Ontop of that 3D world has so many limitations due to so much simple stuff like spikes missing that it's actually making me a bit upset.

Decided to see what could be done with the Superball Flower.

Attached: 11.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Great stuff user. It's the first SM3D level I truly enjoyed. The only thing I didn't like is that I felt like a mushroom or a closer checkpoint was needed for the part where you have to bounce multiple times on the pirhana's plant head near the end, since it's pretty trial-and-error based.

I don't know what's worse - that this level exists, or that its jumps are designed better than 90 percent of MM2 courses.

how is this if i have no intent of creating any stages

This ones awesome, you really fleshed out the whole Thwomp physics thing on this and it makes me stoked for when I get to World 5 of my game to play around with the 3D World filter. Gonna play the rest of your levels and I've followed you.

S-sorry... I just wanted to share

Thanks man! Hearing that makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Gonna play a few more then get cracking on World 2.

Attached: Tony Thwompsons Tower.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

>play a literal meme course
>someone swoops in to steal my WR
WHYYYY

I jest, obviously - keep posting those courses and I'll keep playing them

For sure.
With Pokémon looking like HOT GARBAGE and an insult to the franchise, this game wins hard.

Pretty good, even If you don't plan on making anything there's tons of neat stuff to play. Folks are pretty dang creative.

Greato to be dazu

thanks user, I hope you got to see my cunny artwork

why?

Post it

any cheap digital versions around?

I did - it's on the required path to the ending tbdesu

3VM-NTY-18G
My first course without castrating levels of challenge, tell me if it's too easy.

Why do the joycon buttons have to be such shit. Mashing jump while holding the run button feels so much clunkier than any other controller.

Oh man I hate that switching to nighttime introduces annoying gimmicks for everything. The best you can do is nighttime forest and just set the acid to the lowest position. Aesthetically its dank af.

What kind of stylus are you guys using? Does that Apple Pencil work on the Switch?

It's nothing special. A bunch of red and invisible blue blocks. If you change the color, the word "cunny" will be displayed.

Sorry, i tried but I'm not a huge fan of these types of levels

I like puzzle levels although I'm not too sure about the difficulty on this one. Can someone please tell me if I made it too hard or easy plz?

MND-GL9-73G

Attached: 1552532014883.png (357x371, 130K)

Give 3DW tracks and on off blocks and it would easily be the best style.

Gimmicky claw game where you dodge the crap being thrown while waiting on the pow block. I suck

KWS-VJ9-3VG

I get where the devs were coming from with 3D World, though. They wanted something simpler and less complex than the other styles, which is a good decision on paper. Problem is the limited selection of items makes the levels too similar.

so deaths add to a levels clear rate, right?
do level restarts add to it too?

RXK WBQ T7G

Attached: pug life.png (552x552, 609K)

Nah that would be Gato-Roboto free. Its short, but all of it is really good. I'm hoping for a sequel.
I have been having a lot more fun in this than in SMM1 though. In Mario Maker 1 I pretty much played it for a handful of hours then never played it again. Think I made like 2-3 stages that were really shitty and unfocused. Story mode and not having to unlock parts really helped my motivation to keep playing.

Mega Man-inspired level
1F9-2FQ-50G

>level of different screen length sized room puzzles
>trying to think up different puzzles
>uh I use the claw in this room and the on off blocks in that room
>out of ideas

How the fuck do you puzzle makers come up with your puzzles? Do you think them up throughout the day? Do you just deeply understand the mechanics in a way we never will? Do you throw shit at the screen in a mess area until you're inspired by something you see in it? Literally, how do you come up with these puzzles? And I'm talking about those puzzle levels that really shine.

If someone wants to try out my levels, it would be appreciated.

Platforming adventure 1-1 (SMB3) HV8-SMS-YKG This one is a traditional style level

Bouncy Castle 1-2 (SMB3) 1KF-PJW-FNG This one is a themed level that really focuses on bouncy objects. This one also focuses on difficulty.

Mushroom world 1-3 (SMB 3) MGT-LSC-YVF This is another traditional style level

I think I am most proud of 1-1 and 1-3 for the traditional platforming style. All critiques are appreciated. Also, all my levels have two different paths in them too so that there is a bit of choice in there.

Is anyone else tired of these levels where you have on central door and then like 6+ other doors where you have to find key coins? They're so long

I've noticed I'm really awful at mario

Will you guys play a level for an user’s birthday? I’ve tried pretty hard to make something fun but not pull your hair out difficult. It’s also sky pirate themed

3XB-FGO-B3G

I’d love some feedback.

Attached: D174E00C-DF72-4E20-878E-22C178C04446.jpg (658x788, 64K)

ML5-7VQ-VQF
Recreation of the Wind Temple from the Wind Waker
Currently working on the Earth Temple

I don't like puzzle levels.

I did.
Hope you are happy, fag.
it was pretty good

Wasn't too easy, I liked it.

Fuck no. The first MM was so drab and tedious to look at

1M4-448-DBG

I've always been a fan of airship levels ever since SMB3 so here's my take on that type of level.

Attached: Snapchat-817528126.jpg (540x539, 29K)

That was a good level, nice job dude. I have the same criticism as this guy though .
It was a little frustrating to have to repeat a relatively easy part (the spiny section, the blinking block jump, the ON/OFF spike things, etc) over and over just to have a single try at the piranha jumps. But overall very good level.

By the way, I was actually able to get through the spiny section after the second checkpoint as big mario thanks to some lucky timing, I was gonna try to cheese the piranha but it didn’t work lol

Boo Rider
TK7-RYM-GXG

You have to jump on the chain chomp's stump on top of the boo's head and then stand on the left or right edge facing away from the boo to steer. Sounds complicated, but I tried to make it as intuitive as possible

Mountain Madness
RNF-K1D-RVF
Comfy snow level for true fans
Please give feedback

Attached: StrangeMario.jpg (690x800, 301K)

What does the little mountain icon in the top right of your uploaded levels mean? A couple of mine don't have it but some do.

I wouldnt say its to easy but there's just not a lot to it. Maybe you could try to expand on some of your ideas and make a level around that. Like that part where you have to follow the shell to break the block and get to the pipe. A lot of stuff you put in just seemed kinda pointless but I feel like you have some fun ideas, you just have to polish them a bit more and flesh them out.

>everyone talks about only single player
>no multiplayer

Why did I even buy this game if we aren't even going to play together.

Done, rough but fun enough.

Koopa Derby guy () here, what else do you think might make for neat obstacles for whenever I do the next one?

Just made this. Took a while, it's my first level I made sure it's well balanced and that there are multiple ways to beat it (completionist, level rusher, or standard gameplay)

Come and try it. I'll try your course. :)

Attached: D-g4nUkUYAEyxX_.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Just uploaded this one:
5PN-VKK-NWG
SMW level about swings, still at 0 plays

Also, reposting my other two:
HQB-2WV-H1H
C8V-R0Q-4SF

Have you tried playing multiplayer? It's the laggiest shit I've ever experienced.

So let me get this straight.
Any time you want to use a shell from a canon for example in a style where mario can wear them as a helmet you need to make sure he can't take some unintended route by breaking hard blocks?
Why can't red and green koopas be turned into shells in the editor? (unless I've missed this feature somehow)

Undead Asylum
ID: H6J-3BW-C2H
Tried to make the starting level of Dark Souls. Let me know what you think!

Pipe Infestation: 93G-G2R-QRG

Fun little level I just made, doesn’t seem to difficult, first level I’ve made where I’ve used a sub level as well, hope you guys enjoy.

>Level starts
>Get picked up and thrown into lava immediately
>Someone reaches the goal before I even respawn
What I don't understand is why there isn't at least a second place finish

Is there a way to give a player a buzzy beetle or spiny helmet (or even a dry bone shell), and then create some kind of gate which they cannot cross without getting rid of it? I want to create controlled environments for puzzle purposes.

Made my first level. It's short and I'd say easy / medium difficulty. Tried to give the level a good look and asthetic.

Please give feedback

1T3-J1R-1JF

I found a skip which cut 5 minutes off my previous time. Way too easy if you ask me.

make some way in which they need to take damage in order to progress

It means the level has a clear condition.

Sanzu River
YT0-SJ5-9HG
This is loosely based on the Sanzu River from Touhou. You have to collect red coins while riding a seesaw across a poisonous river. I normally don't like forcing players to kill themselves if they miss a thing but being dumped into the river and being consumed by spirits for not having enough money kinda fits the theme. Plus the level is pretty short in case you do fuck up.

Marty the Thwomp's Prison
9RQ-YN8-G6G
I made a level centered around that caged Thwomp from Mario Kart 64. You have to work with him to solve a series of mini challenge rooms to escape Bowser's dungeon. I know the switch block is kind of overused but I had a story I wanted to tell with this level and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Unbreakable blocks above
Two spikes below
One-high walking space so it forces the hit
then re-give them whatever powerup you want them to have - note that if they have a helmet, they can cheese their other powerups through with a crawl-dash.

I'm on the second checkpoint and I think I'm soft locked? I went through as big Mario but now I'm stuck

All in all I liked it. The way you decorated it was pretty neat and I liked the atmosphere you built. I think ou could do without the red coins since they dont really add much and the samurai sound blocks at the end kinda killed the vibe for me but overall a solid level 7/10 maybe it's too much on the easy side for my taste

Is this definitely the only way? It feels sloppy and with potential to go wrong.

My first stage 369-JKJ-JPF
Had to fix something and re-upload. Now you have to collect coins to complete the stage ontop of the standard not dying.
Anyone have any good side scrolling stages? I wanna make a side scroll next and have it not be shit like my first stage. and then i had to reupload my post

Thanks for the feedback. How should I go about fleshing out stuff? Just add more of it?

Oh dang, would you mind pointing out the skip?

I’ve really been trying to make levels that don’t outstay their welcome. It’s really easy to just keep adding more bits which make the levels really boring

its the only way i've found out so far, mostly because taking damage is the only way to get rid of those items
i hope a new way is discovered so i can enjoy implementing them into puzzles without have to make them get rid of it, for now though i prefer items you can pick up and hold

Second one sounds interesting just because of the narrative, too bad I can't access my Switch at the moment. I hope someone plays it and reports back here.

Right after the warp box is a mushroom and a pit with spinies blocking a door. If you grab the mushroom you can throw yourself into the spiny pit and abuse invincibility frames to get through the door. It skips the entirety of the section meant to get the POW block to clear the spinies. I managed to get my time down from 6 minutes to 30 seconds using this trick.

Oooooh fuck me I forgot to take the samurai sounds out. The red coins were just an extra thing but pretty much impossible to miss. Thanks for the play user. I’ll try yours out.

R.I.P Iwata ---> FRP-7K2-HGF
Level extremely hard 5KX-HFH-D6G
Speedrun :
ON/OFF [15s] ---> TM2-DH8-JFF
Life is Life ---> KYT-B6L-75G

Level Retro [Black and White]
Retro Mario ---> CBP-4X6-SHF
Retro Mario Forest ---> TYM-6HW-9TF

Music :
Beethoven Moonlight Sonata (song)
P1G-8L7-4LG

I guess damage gates are the best option for now, until some crazy Jap puts his mind to it. Thanks lads.

Fairly good, a little too trigger happy on adding piranhas to all the pipes, but still gud.

>swing castle
I like it, I almost think there could be more coins or enemies in the empty sections though. Maybe some challenging optional big coins would be good too.

>sanzu river
not found, wrong code?

Ah I'm dumb, thank you.

How in the hell do you make a music stage anyways?

>Poison Paradise2:Electric Boogaloo
FFL-BVS-FXG
Standard stage where the main enemy are poison shrooms that follow you

YRP PR4 GKG
A old shcool forest themed level. Not too easy but not too hard. Standard gameplay level.

>SMB1.5: 1-4 Floaty Fortress
RVN-YBQ-2QG

seen in webm, provided by user that played it (thanks!)

other courses:
>Super Shmup Bros.
NWC-L96-RWF
>SMB1.5: 1-1 Goomba Valley
B4S-TY6-KPF
>SMB1.5: 1-2 Koopa Cavern
D12-R91-GYF
>SMB1.5: 1-3 Seesaw Stroll
93D-907-DRF

Attached: 1562038933338.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

Why do you have to beat a level without checkpoints before uploading it? Seems like a retarded stipulation. Even if you make your level unbeatable when a checkpoint is triggered, the player can always start over, so why force the level creator to go through more difficulty than the player?

Attached: 1505825737956.jpg (600x582, 37K)

>That boss fight at the end
Why?

Nothing makes me boo a level faster than a forced, slow, enemy-filled snake block section.

I played your levels the other day and I thought the first three levels were amazing. I didn't like the fourth one, but that is just because I am not personally a fan of those things that make you float. Keep up the great work user!

it is exactly to discourage people like you

Is there a way to mark courses as favorite or something?

not courses but you can favorite creators

>>swing castle
thanks for playing user

Attached: E1WaSBYXsNtbi1j9AuRTqhytb6_SMRPiISATtR8qnJI.png (350x441, 222K)

Oh right I promised you I was going to replay the level to check for coins, I'll do so right now

>Love original Super Mario Bros style
>New snow, jungle and desert themes are amazing
>Can't make a castle level because the 10 second music loop drives me mad

fair enough, I didn't like working with those wind things either. They're awkward as fuck to use and kept causing problems - I actually had to reupload the level due to issues they were causing. I don't think I'll use the wind things ever again.

WHAT IS THAT?

Attached: 1547692358378.jpg (701x400, 27K)

Well first off the first part of your level is kinda cryptic. I wasnt sure what it was what you wanted me to do because there was too much visual information that wasnt integral for the level. Like the koopa or the two missing blocks on the right. This is where some coins could provide some help so the players can understand where you want them to go, in this case, to the top after breaking the blocks.

Next, we have the pirahna plants. There are only a handful and not in a challenging or interesting way, they are just there.

I like the way you positioned the checkpoint, you could use that for another level where there are some hazards or something that you had to avoid in order to drop to it.

After that I was confused since I didnt find or missed another way to progress. The pipes to the right lead to nowhere so that may be a bit misleading.

It also looked generic. Maybe if you built upon a specific theme like an enemy a hazard or a power up you could make everything come together. Maybe you could rearrange stuff in a visually pleasing way.

Good luck on your future projects!

might be slightly different since you last played it as it was reuploaded to fix some things

my guy. you don't wanna know.

Mario Maker courses:

Karting: 9F5-4V3-2JF

Speedrun: 90A-1Y3-1J6

Be patient: WNN-GQ2-9LN

Breastfeeding: RD7-LXX-3PJ

Bust: RD9-WNN-7EJ

Catching Up: 9RG-KQ2-KW5

Climb the ladder: QG9-2E6-WN6

The Secret is You: 1W9-JJ2-C4E

Don't let your guard down: QG9-WGG-J4F

Escape Escape Escape Escape Escape: 1RW-6G9-WJ5

First Steps: QK9-KW3-8E7

Flower Break: KF9-2E7-9K8

For the love of God, don't be afraid: RW9-QK8-9K7

Inheritance: RQD-Q8P-3W6

It's alright, you're mine: QG6-B5K-6J4

Just do it: QW9-9K7-9K7

Just in time: QG6-B5K-6J4

Jumping ship is easy: RJ9-8P7-9K5

Climbing the stairs: 6F9-W0P-FDF

Crystal Tower! 9RG-KQ5-W6M

Dream Castle: 9RG-KQ5-WQQ

Flee a fire! QG8-WQ6-JQH

Fight fire with fire! QG8-QQ5-2A2

Answers to the following puzzle questions: QJQ-2A7-WF8

All You Can Eat! A9Q-4J6-JE7

>people like me
I'm trying to make a challenging level but with checkpoints to greatly reduce the overall tedium/difficulty. So what fucking sense does it make to not let the creator use the checkpoints that he specifically laid out to reduce difficulty?

Attached: 1479789011994.png (637x510, 586K)

It would make no sense, since that would mean that you could game over with no chance of winning if you come across such a level with only one life left in endless mode.

You can also create set-ups where you need to die after the checkpoint to clear the course, pretty sure.

I removed the checkpoint from my first map simply because if i didn't get to use it the players don't.

SMB3 = SMW > SMB1 = SM3DW >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>> NSMBU

Sanzu River's code didn't work.

If you guys want your $ I need you to tell me which email to send it to I sent one of you and it wasnt tied to a paypal.

I assume the part where you have to turn On to trigger the vine, then Off again so you can reach the platform. I thought about making the jump smaller or just replacing those with clouds. Maybe even ice as a heads up about the jumping part coming up.

>Even if you make your level unbeatable when a checkpoint is triggered, the player can always start over
that would defeat the reason for having a checkpoint to begin with, which is why you're forced to clear from them.

I'm sorry user, it's hot garbage.
>poison shrooms come randomly from nowhere from the sky
>miss the on/off block and have to deal with riding the slow ass tilt platform again
>tiny platforms that don't help and can barely be jumped between
>forced blind walljump into shroom
Hard for all the wrong reasons

The first part is unnecessarily difficult. The snake block section is slow and sucky. The p switch room is also very annoying and needlessly punishing. Never force a player to wait for a slow ass koopa to jump off of with waist high water fucking up your jumps.
It's not good, you really need to learn what makes a difficult course fun to play. This is not.

this, right now it's absurdly limiting and I saw that as someone that makes courses with only 2 or 3 elements in them.

Reply to this post and I'll play your level. I'm

HOW ARE YOU FAGGOTS LIKING SLOPES SO FAR

Well I played the downloaded version and I found all the coins in there - 10 required the Thwomp moving the wind blower thingy, 30 required an alternate path to break open the side wall, and the 50 was following the lower Thwomp path, All of them were fair in their difficulty and should be easy to find for anyone specifically looking for secrets. If the changes are major then obviously this information is useless.

Is online multiplayer unplayably laggy for anyone else or is my internet just that bad?

My first course definitely has a theme to it now. Firebars, red koopas, coins, and trampolines with a coin requirement to clear. I'd say the difficulty so far feels like a very hard normal, expert if you're goin for the course record. And it's halfway done. Only reason I haven't done more is cause my Switch ran outta power, so I gotta let it recharge.

Attached: SMB1 Run.gif (500x320, 15K)

But they gave everyone free skips for this purpose. Skipping has zero consequence iirc, you don't lose a life from it in this game. So if you encounter a situation like that, and you really need to hang onto your lives, you're free to just skip.

if you get lucky you can get something other than mincrosoft powerpoint tier.

OP Here

I played it, nice but a little rough

Play mine, it's in the OP

It would be extremely frustrating for the player though.

What makes for a good water level?

that's assuming the player knows that the course cannot be beaten anymore, which might not be the case depending on how the course was laid out.

Free skip wont save you if you are on you last life.
It becomes literally impossible then if CP fuckery screws you and makes the level impossible start-to-finish.

please tell me

Attached: bowser-newgrounds.png (956x540, 297K)

the tiny platforms are there so the shrooms will fall off the tilty platform, not to skip the autoscroll section. In all the test I did I never ran into the walljump shroom problem. It spawned so far back you'd have to miss the walljump like 4 times before it'd get to you.

not making one.

>reached 5000 maker points
aw yiss been waiting all day for this, thanks anons I couldn't have done it without ya

so do the challenges from the first game not exist in this one? I 100% completed the story mode and I loved all the developer created bonus stuff.

They're a big guy

>NINTENDO WON'T LET ME MAKE TROLL STAGES THAT SOFTLOCK YOU IF YOU HIT A CHECKPOINT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO FUCKING BULLY ME LIKE THIS?

fuck off you fucking fag

Tried beating it, but somethings were inconsistent and killed me randomly. I got the rhythm of the second part with the piranha plants, but the blinking blocks had a jump that was too tight with the spike block. I noticed that in the 3D world mode those blocks can kill you from a ridiculous range. Also there’s some fire piranha plants at the beginning that would move into a position that would just suddenly kill me when I ground pounded downwards. Idk what happens after the clear pipe, but the sudden spikes killed killed my mood for the map :/

If you're being this highly critical then show me an example of a hard and well designed level that you've made so I can know if I can take your criticism seriously or not.

>strawmanning this hard
Not like a fag like you could beat my courses anyway, even with a checkpoint.

I only have 628 maker points..

Tricky Mansion
Y3Y-DXF-92G
A mansion with a few tricks up its sleeve. Nothing too crazy.

Skyship Assault
FTN-6FN-QWF
A fairly difficult stage, but I hope it's not too difficult.

Looking for feedback so I can make stages better.

I have some others on my profile too.

>spend dozens of lives trying to beat long, difficult level
>grab checkpoint at the end, it renders level unplayable
>"lol just restart or skip it bro :^)))))"
Why do you want MM to get flooded with even more trash than it already has?

I'm . Trying money dude's level, but I'll give yours a go soon.

>1-1: Getting the Shell Rolling
510-Y3S-64G
The very start. The idea is to get a feel for the controls and be introduced into kicking shells. Should be super easy.

>1-2: Moving Around Underground
9WB-G63-SPF
Following the first level, you'll be practicing your jumps and timings. Space is limited.

>1-3: Diving In
Y5B-L81-3XG
A dreaded underwater level. I tried to make it as bearable as possible for players to be introduced to swimming mechanics and the Cheep Cheep enemy

>1-4: Bowser's Castle
KCG-M1C-5BG
Castle level, lava is deadly and first encounter with Bowser. No enemies, just lava.

These are meant to be like traditional Mario levels, so they will probably be super simple.

Attached: 1509396578638.png (766x601, 427K)

OP here, play my level

A New Beginning!

9RG-KQ3-2JF

not my level but there is a really cool castlevania level on the top 10 levels
check it out

Attached: 1555509862329.jpg (1006x1023, 107K)

And here's a concept doodle I drew to give you a taste of what the course is like.

Attached: Golden Pinwheels.jpg (998x795, 55K)

Busy. Give me a code please?

Already did, was bretty good

Attached: 0660CAA3-B71E-4E81-92FE-4602BBAA0988.jpg (750x750, 85K)

Played Tricky Mansion. I liked it, felt fun to play.

Thwomp Swamp Romp. Pretty easy standard level with a simple gimmick and an alternate route. My second stage, and the first one i'm kinda proud of. Let me know what you think if you play it.
W69-PQQ-VVG

Attached: 1486097533495.jpg (2448x3264, 658K)

Is there any point in playing Endless Challenge? I just tried it for the first time and all the levels I played sucked. It was like a tour of every way in which a level can be boring and stupid. From a guy putting in a couple messages telling you to go play his other levels, from an auto Mario level that immediately breaks, then next a level with ridiculously long clear pipe travel with standard jump platforming.

T30-CHH-1WF
Underwater level with the simple gimmicks of finding switch boxes and avoiding nonmoving obstacles. Posted it before but I had to fix a soft lock and put in a better checkpoint for casuals.

K9K-M0R-QDG
Kind of a variety of less commonly seen platforming based on precision and timing. Generally pretty simple, maybe one bullshit section.

Attached: sorc.png (2024x1446, 2.59M)

ID 5WW-0MF-TMF

Attached: 1560830859877.jpg (795x1200, 182K)

Just uploaded my first attempt at a puzzle type level
Feedback would be very helpful
7DR-QCF-5CG

>worried my level will be too easy
>literally minimal threats and basic platforming
>1% clear rate

What?

wew, pretty tough. surprisingly good level though. I agree with the other guys about the plant at the end, however I feel like if you gave a mushroom right there then it would lead to the player just tanking the hit and then running through. unsure on how else you could have done it but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I thought it was a really good use of 3D World's unique tileset. good level.

One question I have is why you decided to give a mushroom before the hammer bro when you won't be able to get past the next platforming section with the timing block and the spike block with it anyway because the ceiling is too low?

>the levels suck
skip them

You can get to the end of the level with that mushroom; if you have the GRIT. you duck walk; and you are rewarded with a free pass on the piranha toward the end of the level.

Thanks!

You don't know you have to walljump until you scroll the screen up, which causes the shroom to spawn. It just feels awkward is all I'm saying.

I gave positive support here and somewhere else. I normally don't like to be super critical but that was genuinely an unpleasant level, I'm sorry. Watch some of yamamura's lessons. It just felt cheap instead of fun. Water that only gives one/two blocks leeway isn't very nice to work with in general.

I don't try to design "hard" levels, but players may interpenetrate them as such, difficulty is a scale per person. My levels are here: Also I trust you to actually play a couple and not just boo them out of spite (I didn't boo your level, shame on you if you so).
Entombed Treasure is probably my longest and most difficult course, it was also my first. Trees ‘n Bees/Somewhere Under the Rainbow are probably the second most difficult I suppose.

welcome to mario maker

I enjoyed Chance of Hail, it's well designed. Good job!

Also you're entitled to $10; email me the screen shot of your username and whatever email you want me to send me the money to through paypal; just an hour and a half left for the prize money. (anyone who beat it within the time frame is entitled to it)

anyone have a gif/webm of soundfrog dancing from Story mode?

I could use some feedback on this level. Vertical snow SM3DW. Just some (hopefully) comfy platforming.
Also here's a cat.

3SN-1C1-5GG

Attached: 20190630_145359.jpg (4032x2268, 2.91M)

Maybe I should have tried long jumping. Oh well, I thought the piranha under the conveyor belt was fun anyway.

I don't have the game so I can't play your stage but that's a nice cat user.

How do you make a castlevania stage in SMM2?

M2Y-TPW-GQG climb tree to space, idek. easy/medium

Attached: Bigga.png (325x512, 149K)

All those interactions are in the game, you just don''t have to do something stupid like shake the enemy. And if you really don't know how something works, its called looking at the turotials or playing levels.

Can confirm. This user is a man of his word and makes interesting levels.

>Haunted House on the Hill
53M-QK1-DLF
Moderately challenging level I tried to dress up in spooky atmosphere, but no sound effect spam or anything cheesy.

that's a quality level right there

Reposting my first level

Afraid of the dark?
5W1-HY1-VHG
Any feedback is appreciated

Enjoying the course but you should consider making the top portion after the checkpoint a sub world so people can fall to their death. It's actually more convenient than falling all the way to the beginning of the level with full health.

I made an attempt at making a level that would be fun to speedrun. Very straight forward, make it so you can't die so if you're bad its not frustrating, you can just keep trying. Requires you to know how to do 3D World long jump.

PLEASE PLAY IT AND GIVE FEEDBACK

R01-JHC-34G

Attached: 7758322.png (540x304, 242K)

Reshilling my level 'cause it's still at zero plays.

Somebody pls

Attached: bap.jpg (500x514, 27K)

show me your levels and I'll try them out to raise them up.

I've been making since day 0, in fact I got the game over a day early due to a shipping error. I played a lot of SMM1 as well so I already knew the technical shit.

pretty dam good

the coin placements are still the same, all that changed was some stuff with the wind and a couple enemy placements (including bowser)

could use better indicators

Hrm, maybe I have the gap too wide then. the idea is you can see the shroom from the start and you either beat it or wait for it to pass. It's not supposed to be an offscreen kill

terrible

How did they pack so much soul into the sky themes?

Only had the 3DS Mario Maker before, so the first thing I did was remake my levels from there, and tune them up, then upload. They're untouched, so I hope someone can enjoy being the first to play them.

YR1-C99-VGG - Shroom Spirits

KF9-05H-1WF - Ship Of Peril

Both my old and new level below (anons over the weekend liked the Ice Castle).

>Ice Wizard Castle: CS8-47F-YTF

>Frost Mountain Fun Run: T5R-DSJ-7LG

hope anons like it
1-3 MirrorWolrd
>ID: YYG-2B3-GXG

Attached: D-g8GURU4AE5jKM.jpg (837x528, 53K)

good level, creative boss fight, surprised I 1st tried it

retards trying to speedrun it
t. retard who speedruns easy levels

Sorry the new code for Sanzu River is 17V-0CL-7LG. It was my first level and it had a few flaws I wanted to fix.

that level was pretty cool.
How do you do the black grainy slow down effect?

thanks man, it's my first time. appreciate it!

Maybe also put some coins to indicate a walljump, like at an angle at the wall. Perhaps make the hole a block wider too. A big thing about vertical sections is that you need to force the player to scroll the screen up to see stuff, or else it feels cheap. This is also why I'm not a big fan of the first section, because there are times you can't see lakitu throwing the shrooms, only hear them, so you're unsure if you're about to be bodied.

I'd advise limiting the screen to only the bottom half and putting lakitu at the top where you can see him, then have an occasional parachute shroom in a section where the platform might be safer (not the switch areas). That way no obstacle comes from nowhere suddenly and can be predicted. Maybe make the ride not so long or have the platform fall onto another separate track so it doesn't feel awful when you miss the switches

9YT-CHN-NFF
"The Mariana Trench"
Mario dives to the bottom of the ocean to see what lies in the depths. Bioluminescent life will help guide the way, but is also deadly.

I've updated this map based on the feedback from some anons, as well as a relatively low completion rate. Changes are as follows:

>Added checkpoint flag in second area
>Extended second area to include secret ancient ruins
>Added a key and a secret door for an optional secret ending only obtainable by not dying and starting from checkpoint
>Increased the diversity of enemies
>Added some more "seaweed" to enhance the beauty of the map

Let me know what you all think!

Attached: 9YT-CHN-NFF The Mariana Trench.png (2000x1122, 1.6M)

red canon bullet block is fucky

I played it and I enjoyed seeing all the new stuff night brings! I will say, embarrassingly, I really died to the new boo ring mechanic and the longer chain chomp but overall it was pretty good. One thing I might recommend is maybe adding a mushroom at the check point.

My levels are things you could actually find in a Mario game. They have a purpose and a main idea behind them. Please enjoy them. They are really easy and fun.

>Bowser's castle is now equiped with a bunch of new traps!
3JQ-28G-Q0H

>An underground tunnel filled with buzzy beetles
MS2-S2W-8FG

>An actual enjoyable underwater level
535-K0S-JHF

>A simple overworld level.
5CF-1F3-8MG

Yeah that one was kinda fucky
Tried to place good coin indicators

>[Level Name] v1.1

Attached: 1554495533234.jpg (705x540, 56K)

what kind of job do you have to just give $10 to anyone willy nilly like that?

I feel like unless I can think of a small story/plot for a level, I can't make anything.

>Mario 3’s desert has pipes
I can work with this theme, that’s really neat.

Reposting my first level, it's about switch blocks, the hardest part requires spin jumping on thwomps while hitting these blocks
Be warned, it's not kaizo hard but it's still quite hard
CBP-XDG-H1H

Attached: 1560636870509.jpg (1462x1375, 150K)

I don't understand. Every theme has pipes.

Professional Mario Makerer

Same. Themed level or bust, I love making intricate setpieces.

all your other coin indicators were perfect

I made the Thwomp level

Thanks a lot for the feedback man, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it. Post one of your levels or ID so I can try your stuff when I get home in the morning from work

Or if you already did I’ll look through the thread and find it

Attached: BD807DA9-AD3C-465B-AF27-D34AEDF0B7DD.jpg (960x541, 79K)

smol pipes

We're reaching bump limit

Migrate

I hope the thwomp got you -- my personal favourite bit of the course.
Yeah, that's a good suggestion, I sort of added in the checkpoint last-moment.
I also forgot to add arrows/coins indicating the strategy I found for the boo ring: if you get inside it, and edge yourself to the right, it will start moving and rotating and you can hamsterwheel your way across. Which is really fun to do, but I now realise I included literally no hints as to that being the intended route, whoops.
Thanks for playing, anyway!

Thanks! Finally got around to yours. Genuinely great level! Not often that I play a 3D World level that is actually good. Nice music choice too. I feel like it would fit as one of Galaxy's 2D segments. I also love that even having cleared it, I feel like it's worth a replay to see alternative paths liked and followed.

you can cheese that first pianha btw if you're fast enough

Aight, this is me.

Loved your thwomp level, it was surprisingly engaging, especially Marty helping you defeat Bowser after your freeing him. I felt like the boss fight was too long and easy though. I maybe would have put a checkpoint in between the challenges.

I do a job where if by some miracle 50 people complete my level $500 isn't really gonna hurt.... that's what? a big grocery shopping?

how

Hi I'm Endless Super Expert Playlist.

Hope you're ready for these levels.

>A level filled with enemy spam that you'll only be able to finish if the game wills it after the 13th retry

>Level filled with bad blind jumps and no indicator of positioning, timing, or direction.

>Japanese Kaizo Level

>American badly trying to make a Japanese kaizo level with invisible blocks and soft locks everwhere

>10-30 second speed run that requires knowledge of the entire level before you run it.

>Guessing game with multiple pipes and doors leading to death traps.

>Actual good level you won't be able to finish because you burned all your lives on the previous levels

Attached: D-cr3FhUcAAmy_4.jpg large.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Then you earned it. I mean I don't mind 2 methods; as long as I can avoid soft locks and criminally unforgiving trials.

That's a pretty fun mechanic to base the level on!
The bit with the big bully, though, took me ages to complete (as in, by the time I did, I hit the time limit and died before the second checkpoint). I think it would have been kinder if you could get in the right position by bouncing on the cornered bully, instead of having to make the bully a little way away from the wall.

Oh ok, I didn’t realize that was you. I actually did play your very first level. I will catch up when I get back from work, sounds like a fun time.

Attached: 950C54AE-214E-40E6-99D6-AA2E1B7AE6A0.png (500x282, 173K)

imagine toadette naked

Wanted to experiment with clear pipes over lava, the traps are mostly avoidable, no pipes to instant death. the ending requires you to figure out which is the right path though so try everything

Attached: 64F02473-627A-426E-BC3C-95DE775D1CCB.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Thanks for the feedback
Considered doing that but I expected that would've been too easy, you're right though

Attached: door_levels.png (710x654, 975K)

thanks for the feedback. I tried tuning the jumps to not be bullshit, but I was definitely suspicious of some of the blink block sections. they did only kill me like 25% of the time when i was testing it, but maybe that's just from me knowing the pattern/timing so well.
I took both of them down one jump and fixed the fire pirahna glitch in the first area and reuploaded it.
new code is 97B-W8V-0MG

MNS-4DN-DPG
3DJ-BF6-LKF

both have similar concepts, two routes through the same area. one route goes to the goal, the other takes you to the beginning of the other route. Criticism welcome and needed!

it was a good level, I had problems with it at the beginning since I didn't even know the mechanics of those bombs in 3D world.

Other problem I found is that the target blocks you have to hit in the section where you have to make the bullet do a full circle give you too little margin of error. I knew what I had to do but I couldn't pull it off.

I also feel the first checkpoint is too far away from the starting point and the second one is too close to the first.

almost forgot that the red cannons didn't always fired the bullets when they were supposed to. Maybe a glitch of 3d world? I don't like that theme much at all desu

also check out my level if you have time
7NT R2V Q0H
thanks