Vanillaware games
Alliance Alive
Jean d'arc
Dark souls
Witcher

Give me some games with medieval comfy themes

Suggestions from previous thread
Dark souls, nehrim

Attached: 4d983fa54140691a0b5c54477ef3e0cc.jpg (3010x1810, 635K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/legend-of-legacy-the-original-soundtrack
23.237.126.42/ost/legend-of-legacy-the-original-soundtrack/otsalaad/1-18 Deserted Village.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=E2q7oNjUpvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alliance Alive huh, did you try legend of legacy? It's got less to do than AA and barely any story, but you might like it. Same devs but it got a worse reception.

>legend of legacy
Huh I thought that alliance alive was like monster hunter 4 ultimate for legends of legacy? It's a completely different game?

Attached: 1449056450463.png (946x1053, 964K)

Completely different game, Alliance Alive is essentially a sort of pseudo-sequel that listened to fan complaints and fixed almost every issue with it.
Remember the kitty island in AA? Those cats are from legend of legacy, and one that's exclusively recruitable in AA's NG+ (Coco) is the cat who saves your game in legend of legacy. A bit of advice, don't touch the kitty pedestal in the bottomless pit or you lose Coco forever.
Game has almost no sort of instruction or tutorial and does expect you to figure it out for yourself.

Oh also the game is significantly more difficult than TAA. The dragons you beat to recruit Matilda there are basically nothing compared to their iterations in TLoL. The Green Dragon is just ridiculously brutal as a fight. Also in TLoL, NG+ is less widely saving, and only brings over certain boss/rare drops, like the Cherubim's Grasp when you fight him.
Dungeons are selected from a world map instead of being traveled to via skyship.

Valkyrie Profile 2
Vagrant Story
Divine Divinity

Thanks for the suggestion and clarifications anons I didn't know that, I will go download it right now. If you have any other suggestions feel free to make another post

Alright well I hope you like it then user
Here's a free bump for your thread

Attached: The-Legend-of-Legacy-Place-Initium_zpszko5l9yy.png (700x450, 588K)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles feels like the images in to me.

what about this one

Attached: Wind_Flute_Perch_TLoL.jpg (2086x1252, 992K)

Ni No Kuni

Attached: NNK2_Outside_castle.png (1500x1000, 737K)

Ok I just wanted to post the last higher quality image I have from TLoL in this user's thread
What about this

Attached: Fallen_Cathedral_TLoL.jpg (900x545, 798K)

OP here keep posting cool images I love them and I love you TLoL user

Attached: 1471378087397.png (457x426, 115K)

Sadly it's hard to find the high quality art for TLoL's areas, I'd love to show you some of the ones like the fire perch after the Boiling Sea.
Game's got fucking great music too, same composer as The Alliance Alive's OST.
downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/legend-of-legacy-the-original-soundtrack
23.237.126.42/ost/legend-of-legacy-the-original-soundtrack/otsalaad/1-18 Deserted Village.mp3

Attached: TLoL_Promo.jpg (630x783, 227K)

>no Dragons Dogma
Nigger what in the FUCK are you doing?

>TLoL
based, literally playing it right now, pretty good game despite some unfortunate game design decisions.

try SaGa Frontier 2

Attached: saga-frontier-2.png (1438x1022, 634K)

nice, who are you using as your current MC?

Owen, 32 hours in. Red+Blue dragons down, time to get assfucked by the last one.

Attached: loleg3.jpg (839x1002, 195K)

I was midway through it when i launched the game and while i was tabbed out of it and it was out of focus the controls still worked and it started hard mode and my save was lost

Attached: 1524026722232.jpg (500x500, 50K)

bravely default was so good. it's a shame the sequel was a disappointment

Well if you beat the one in your pic that's the worst of them out of the way, and holy shit Owen was really close to gameover there. Did you get the cane?
In terms of difficulty (from easiest to hardest) it's
Red>Black>Green
If you're fighting them in their original spawn locations. You can refight them in the desert but it's a hell of a lot harder, especially the Green Dragon.

Attached: FilmiaandRobbins.jpg (707x245, 22K)

this one? otherwise nope. And yeah Owen kept getting fucked up by consecutive poison breaths since I never block with him

Attached: cane.jpg (836x503, 144K)

It's a special cane called the Griffith's Ash, it carries over to NG+ if you get it.
By the way make sure to savescum Cherubim for his sword, it's the most powerful weapon in the entire game and it carries over too, Bianca being the best user of it due to sharing LSword and Fire affinities.

will do, thanks for the tip user.

Anyone else play Summoner? I still like to use 'Cottar' as a substitute for 'Peasant' when insulting the lower classes in my TTrpg sessions.

Also Lenele had a great theme
youtube.com/watch?v=E2q7oNjUpvI

Attached: lenele concept.jpg (857x475, 216K)

Sell everything that won't carry over before NG+ by the way, money carries. Do you have a Meteoric Shield or a Windsong Bow yet?

nope, playing the game almost blind as well, I only looked up what every character is good at since I originally started with Filmia as the MC but he felt all over the place utility-wise.

Filmia's got odd proficiencies but I like his appearance, I always put him on my team.

Attached: FilmiaTK.png (419x459, 176K)

Illuminatus, Aurora's Ray, or Stone of Babel? There's a few others I won't say because chances are you aren't battling the Lamia Queen right now.

Your pic looks like a town from Bravely Default, so try that

That is indeed the first town of bravely default, sadly i have already played it.

I have none of those atm, I will probably do the last dragon, get the stances I am missing, and then finish what I suppose is the last dungeon (the one with the Black Dragon bullying your party)

Does it need to be comfy? Tactics Ogre is brilliant and medieval, but considering after the first 6 hours or so you're a major factor in the genocide of a town, it's not very comfy

Well comfy is a really shitty term to describe anything but I meant the general medieval theme and tune of bravely default and the games listed, for example dark souls is very action oriented and the complete opposite of comfy most of the time and yes i am completely aware that its pretty faggy of me to use it in the first place. I guess something more slow paced and comfortable to play rather than some high action stressful game

Attached: 1520811212763.jpg (636x900, 138K)

>Something more slow paced and comfortable
>Medieval
ATELIER MY MAN

You know what, you are completely correct my nigga. I started playing the first entry of arland and i don't remember why i stopped but it's time to dedust my vita and get back to it

Attached: 1520586574159.jpg (1384x971, 63K)

Yeah. He's annoying but if you have that one debuff removing charm it's alright.
Did you do any parts of the desert?

>charm debuff
yeah I got both Mystic Spray and Overhead Chop

in the desert I found:
- a mirage that took me to a shard statue guarded by a mini-boss
- a shard statue you get after freezing an oasis
- a mirage that took me to a cave with the Red Dragon
- a mirage that took me a map with enemies and a shard statue
- a shard statue buried in the sand
- three? elemental monoliths to activate
- a mirage that took me to a forest with cats like the one who used to save my game, they gave me absolutely nothing

Which minibosses were they? Just like a group of Avalanche Trolls and some Lamia? I remember the oasis one has a Lamia Queen and the Dragonkin cave has an rare chance of spawning a Tyrant.
By the way, while this might not seem useful now, if you quicksave in an area all the enemies are set. You can use this to scum rare drops/enemies that might OHKO your party.
The desert also has the most overpowered enemies in a certain cave, Wraithfangs. Always run from those if you can.

Oh and also talking to Coco in the kitty clan mirage gives you rare Winged Sandals if I remember right, which resist Stun I think. Super useful if you didn't talk to him when you got there.

I only have the spearmaiden and gypsy lamias in the encyclopedia so I guess it wasnt that boss
well my Coco got taken away a dungeon ago so I guess I will miss out on those shoes

Lamia Queen is a huge lamia colored black with purple eyes. It wields the best spear in the game, the Onyxscale Lance.
If you decide to NG+, keep in mind that you can find the shadow shard in the bottom of the bottomless pit instead

Also FFV

Oh yeah, and dragon quest

OP here great thread everyone i am glad that there are still good people on this site even after so many years of it being shit, you made my day people

Attached: 1483248735500.png (560x600, 151K)

good to see you're enjoying it

Dragon's Dogma

Attached: 20190702191242_1.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

I remember this character

>medieval
>comfy

so you want games where you play as the prince of a kingdom?

Attached: 756784586457.png (623x527, 616K)

>water shield
Air shield reduces the damage of Poison Breath.

Etrian Odyssey is MAXIMUM FANTASY COMFY. You won’t be disappointed.