Why does Yea Forums not like this game...

why does Yea Forums not like this game? I understand the complaints about lack of enemy variety but the combat is mostly fun and the story is pretty engaging.
>inb4 the og games were better
this was my first gow game and i enjoyed it

Attached: 4b3.jpg (801x1024, 122K)

I just wonder if any dev that tries to pretend to be a movie director has ever watched a movie or revised their script
>Urrh your son was sick because he didn't knew he was a god, even though this game is somehow related to previous titles, in which this ocurrence never happened
>He finds out and he becomes a dick
>He uses spartan rage once but fucks it up and nobody cares
>Baldur gets mad at his mom for cursing him and he gives him the opportunity to kill her before Kratos acts as the moral authoraty to snap his neck about "muh violence must end" and Freya gets pissed at him
>Meanwhile, the game is all about making you care about your son even though he doesn't get killed during gameplay
Also, the hardest difficulty wasn't tested because the devs weren't making an action game in mind
The camera prespective worked with God Hand because that game was fast and not trying to be a fucking movie

>why does Yea Forums not like this game?
look at the top right corner

>he gives him
SHE, god damn it

It was good casual fun but finishing the game left me feeling cucked out of what could have been for the sake of milking money out of sequels.

Kinda want to ply it again, there is a way to skip the cutscenes?

Even the loading sequences are treated as cutscenes

I just don't want to carry that fucking pig.

Tried it for free, didn't like the camera angle, dropped.

Yeah they added that along with NG+ which has new gear and shit

>no jump button
this has got to be the worst offender. it used to be a fucking platformer and they took that away so that it could be like every other fucking AAA game - a bland third person shooter.

I found the setting and story pretty uninteresting and dislike the combat. Got a bit more bearable once I got the blades of chaos, but before that was an absolute slog. Dropped it twice before I even got them. Kratos also feels really weak compared to previous games. Oh and the kid was annoying.

The ending was such a fucking let down. And to add insult to injury there's that scene of Thor showing up hinting at a sequel.

Attached: 1558444019252.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

Sluggish controls, repetitive gameplay, ham fisted writing that beats you over the head.

>REEEEE I WANNA JUGGLE FOR 10 MINUTES AT A TIME
retard

If they just add some verticality to combat, as well as a wider camera angle this game is way better

>this was my first gow game and i enjoyed it
Wow, a shit taste normalfag who doesn't know how better something else was enjoyed a pile of shit? What an original take on things.

?
i just want the problems with the game described without referencing something I'm not familiar with.

I liked it. Only games I liked from this gen:
Witcher 3
Zelda BOTW
God of War
Resident Evil 2 remake
Devil May Cry 5

Jumping into a story 7 games in.

Zoomzoom.

because it's sony exclusive
all sony exclusives make Yea Forums ASSBLASTED
except Bloodborne, for some reason. they suck its dick 24/7
joke's on them. BB is the worst PS4 exclusive and the worst From game

I hated bloodborne and spiderman but liked god of war. Thoughts?

grew up poor, are they worth going through now?

I'm 30 and never played any of the previous god of war games as they looked shite but I played reboot god of war and liked it

>this was my first gow game and i enjoyed it
that's why
fuck off zoomer

>every single time you fast travel
>every time you get in a shitty boat
>whiny little faggot kid voice >MIMIR
>MIMIR
>MIMIR
>TELL ME SOME ANNOYING STORY ABOUT SOME SHIT I DONT CARE ABOUT
>MIMIR
>MIMIR
>annoying scottish voice WELL LADDIE BLAH BLAH BLAH
>MIMIR
>MIMIR

>are they worth going through now?
I think so, if you enjoy more combo-centric combat. They have a more broad focus than DMC but I think they juggle their ideas well.

Borrowed it from a friend but never finished it because it's not that interesting. Gameplay or story.
Yea Forums is still wrong about it though, and calling it a movie is even wronger because put this shit on Hard and the tutorial enemies will mop the fucking floor with you.
Giant serpent was cool too, I loved the scale of everything. Made me wish I had a better TV because I bet it looked real nice on 65" 4k HDR whatever.

Attached: God-of-War_20180421220304.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

Its just another action game with uncanny valley cringe movie cutscenes. Literally a diamond dozen

The old games are literally muh angry man, and the new game is a reboot, you can literally start with any game in the franchise.

Playing it right now, and I agree with you completely. The script is bad and inconsistent. The combat could be good and has variation, but it becomes runic ability spam against strong enemies, with fast easy combo between, and the camera perspective will be as big of a opponent as your enemies. Fast opponents break the camera for example.

I don't like how there's so many filler stuff either. By that I mean go up a cliff, go down a cliff, solve obvious puzzle, same enemies spawn from nowhere, fight them, solve puzzle, go up cliff. It just starts to get really tedious with Interuptions in the gameplay flow, kid being annoying, wait time, sudden cutscenes during gameplay and so on.

To say a few things I like, I can enjoy the gameplay when it works. Valkyries were fun fights, even if they were reused. The work that has gone into creating the world and setpieces is amazing, and the graphics are great.