Turning 30 today

>turning 30 today
>barely played anything aside from Path of Exile and Doom 2016 in two years
How old are you, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1560544471003.jpg (1920x1513, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-I97NOpkzSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you me, user?

Try grim dawn.

My favourite game is a toss-up between Lisa and Undertale, someone guess.

24, trying to juggle Bloodstained and Samsho in the little time I have before and after work and socializing.

Attached: ForkedInfantileAbalone-size_restricted.gif (333x250, 3.55M)

35 and I'm playing through Woolly World on the Wii U. It's a very relaxing game. I like it.

22, mostly been playing Mario Maker 2 the last few days, but also trying to get through the Kingdom Hearts series because I've owned those fucking games for two or three years and never got around to it before KH3 punted me into it.
I also need to get back to beating all the MGS games, finished 4 and just sort of felt...satisfied I guess, I feel like the series should have ended at 3 but 4 was *very* final so Idk what Peace Walker could have in store.

>How old are you, Yea Forums?
30, i play a lot of shit if im not fucking my girlfriend whos now pregnant with my child. dont know whats stopping you from doing what you want.

24. I've mostly just been playing KF2 and /vr/ shooters or new games that try to emulate them. Might finally get started on some IWD tonight though.

Attached: SSG in tight corridor.webm (853x480, 2.79M)

Grim Dawn is cool gameplay-wise, but the looting formula feels kinda off compared to PoE.
Bought Bloodstained, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I've been avoiding the threads in case of spoilers, but it seems like anons like it a lot.

Recently I've played PoE again, but really I'm just waiting for WoWC.
I'm neet and plan to play for at least a year with minimal time spent not playing; provided it's actually enjoyable and if it's not I guess I'll just play whatever.

35. Buying a Switch helped me getting more playing time because of the portability, but now my first son in 10 days old, so I haven't had time for eating nor showering, let alone playing vidya

>dont know whats stopping you from doing what you want
I dunno. Maybe it's because I used to invest a lot of time in a single session (like 8-10 hours), and I can't do this sort of thing any more, and it discourages me quite a bit.

Congrats on your kid, user!

cant like you dont have the time or just lost your interest in video games

27?

Little lower

CTR on Switch. flip flop between Bloodstained & N. Sane trilogy on PC. Play stand up comedys in the background if I can find a good one.

22, Might play some Pathologic 2 or fuck around with setting up a modded NV run. Mainly want shit to make the world feel more alive with more people and the like. Some more quests wouldn't hurt to mix things up.

Attached: 201906231727361.jpg (1056x1079, 129K)

It's the former causing the latter, basically. I do have 2-3 hours a day to spend on vidya, but I can't get immersed in a game if I have such time constraints and it feels like "why even bother then?". It's hard to shake this off.

Those games can appeal to any age group, really. So my guess is.. 24?

28. I've been playing the same games for two or three years. I want to play Kenshi and Bloodstained, but my PC is dead.

Thanks, man!

>Play stand up comedys in the background if I can find a good one.
I used to do this, but noticed that I can't concentrate on either. Any tips?

>28
>playing almost daily
>doing a comfy Pathfinder run right now after beating Bloodstained
>still fucking love vidya

Attached: 1549510503871.jpg (960x960, 57K)

Any mods you'd suggest, user? I love NV, despite only playing vanilla.

Attached: BabyPossum.jpg (2488x1991, 897K)

32, life is great, vidya is fun, Yea Forums still makes me chuckle.
chin up kiddo, you'll be right

22, so you were very close.
I figured they appeal mostly to younger people/zoomers desu, I don't see any like 35-year-old Undertale fans, at best they'll say it's alright. Lisa could go either way though

I used to love playing Phoenix Wright games on NDS. Should I buy a 3DS or just go for the Switch?

Been emulating BOTW it's fucking good
Also play hearthstone everyday

Any 30 year olds playing Monster Hunter?

I want to get World and Iceborne but I don't think I have the time to grind the boring stuff anymore. Hitting rocks and collecting bugs is something I'll never do again.

A 3DS can be really good if you hack it, and since it's pretty much dead there are no new updates to be paranoid about if you have CFW.
The Switch is your best bet if you want newer, bigger stuff though, obviously.

I can never get myself to go back to playing Hearthstone honestly, it's been a good few years and it seems like so much shit has changed and been added that it'd just be a confusing nightmare for me.
Damn good taste with BOTW though, that game is GOAT, is Wii U emulation actually good enough that it can run it well now?

I'd imagine Undertale appealing to Mother fans, which would be around 30-35? But most of those people don't go around posting their opinions on videogame forums, so this skews things.

28, playing LA noire for the first time

I guess so, but unlike Lisa, Undertale never really advertised itself as related or even inspired by Earthbound anywhere, and it seems like plenty of younger people are way more involved with it but you could be right and that the people who enjoy it just aren't posting as much

Mostly MTG and fighting games with friends.
2017 was a great year, but I don't remember playing a good game since.

Attached: 50a00af3f23f47b705815940fa243b2f.jpg (728x485, 57K)

ouch
same

Not sure about MHW, but previous games were "as grindy as you want it to be" to some extent.

Never touch NVB3, Russell or Better Angels. The quality of his mods goes down the shitter after inheritance. That said I haven't really tried many more. I've heard some say Beyond Boulder Dome is worth trying once and never again. So far the ones I'm going to try are
>Beyond Boulder Dome
>Cotio Ergo Sum
>Autumn Leaves
>Tales from the burning sands
>Saxxon's quest pack
>Salt Lake stories
>Zion Trail
>Mods that seem similar to someguys eariler work by someone called Th3overseer
For making more people I was going to try the mods made by that fag who did the interesting NPCs mod for skyrim and fallout 4 and the Living Desert, which is suppose to add more smaller consequences to the mojave, like seeing muties hunting around Jacobstown after you deal with the mercs, or shit like:
>If you blow up the I-15 in Lonesome Road, most travelers on the southern roads will be disabled; a group of Mercenaries will be sent after you; a few ghoulified NCR troops will appear at the Mojave Outpost medical tent, also some NCR troopers in radsuits will guard the gates.
>The quest Unfriendly Persuasions in Jacobstown now runs on a timer before the mutants will attack the mercenaries to retaliate. The mercenaries blindly fire on the lodge and you can additionally directly incite the mercs to attack.
The modder has a list with all the changes on the mods page.

26 and tired.

Played VTMB recently after putting it off for a decade or so. Janky, but reminds me of what I really miss about early 2000s games.

Attached: 1539731405864.png (811x541, 626K)

And how do you like it, user?

>near 30
>desire to play games comes and goes
>cannot stick to one game for long
I wish i could stomach PoE, but that whole thing makes me want to vomit within 30 minutes. Maybe i had my fill already - 5k hours is nothing to frown on.

24 been playing f1 2019 and nier

32 and I'm playing the sinking city

Hearthstone is only worth it if you either spend a lot of time or a lot of money
I only log in to do the dailies and reach rank 5 these days
As for CEMU i run a 1050ti on a pc i build on 2011, and i get mostly 50-60 fps with occasional drops
Bear in mind that until the shader cache is built the game will stutter every time a new fx occurs, but you can download the caches from the internet afaik, but i was too lazy to search for it

Attached: LINKED.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Happy birthday. I turned 30 yesterday. I only buy vidya I am sure I will enjoy. Do this or you'll end up like those pathetic losers who have "backlogs".

>all the kids in these threads
I'll be 32 next month and I hate you all.

Happy birthday OP
Just turned 28 myself today

How is it? I really like the idea of the theme, but heard it's pretty rough to actually play.

Attached: sinking city.jpg (1080x634, 50K)

>29
>been playing Diablo 2 exclusively since 2012

36 and i just played gears 4 for two hours. Still love vidya but games are shittier. I'm trying a few different indies including hollow knight but nothings really hookin me. About to go full pirate next gen so i can sample a shit ton because the shits not worth buying

I think it's great that younger people like it. In a sense that you CAN have decently written characters and story without making your game a movie or a walking sim.

Good shit. Thanks, man.

>If you blow up the I-15 in Lonesome Road, most travelers on the southern roads will be disabled; a group of Mercenaries will be sent after you; a few ghoulified NCR troops will appear at the Mojave Outpost medical tent, also some NCR troopers in radsuits will guard the gates.
>The quest Unfriendly Persuasions in Jacobstown now runs on a timer before the mutants will attack the mercenaries to retaliate. The mercenaries blindly fire on the lodge and you can additionally directly incite the mercs to attack.
That's pretty neat.

Mario Maker, hollow knight, and Civ

>5k hours
It's hard to stomach the same visuals for so long despite any updates to the mechanics.

Thanks, man. I wouldn't call it a "backlog", but I recently bought several RPGs I used to enjoy, despite being considered shitty, like Darkstone and Lionheart (this one is actually quite a gem).

I'd actually suggest Souls games. They are as story heavy as you want them to be, and you can be beating a boss a day and still feel the progress.

23. i have fucking nothing going for me and if i wasnt like 60 pounds overweight id just join the army

Attached: 1545036175613.png (640x911, 465K)

Turning 27 this month. Tried to kill myself 3 times already for being a filthy virgin NEET but then I had sex and got a job a few years ago. I'm finally ready to try to kill myself again. I don't know when, but soon. I've been on both sides of the fence and I still hate life. I have friends now and I don't even know why they are still here. I don't want to try anymore.
>be a NEET
Is a fucking meme,
>get a damn job
Is a fucking meme and
>have sex
Is the biggest one of all. Well I did all of that and I still wanna blow my fucking brains out. It's all meaningless tripe that doesn't amount to anything. Any other bright ideas?

Attached: 1560983045242.png (629x1173, 131K)

Stop being a depressed faggot

anti-depressants? electroconvulsive therapy?

I played a lot of games in the past two years, even in the past 10 years
I also have social life, and I'm just coming out of a period of 5 years of feeling absolutely demolished 24/7, losing self identity, having fragile memory, sense of irreality, physical exhaustion, etc.
I now have a diagnosis and know what happened to me
I can now play videogames happy again

Attached: 1288972576621.jpg (338x338, 56K)

As someone in a similar boat, I still want to kill myself (my brain is fucked from pills and my speech is retard slow).The reason I don’t is because I have shit I want to accomplish before I do it. You just need to find a goal.

Being NEET is the greatest thing in the world until you run out of money. Save up some cash and do it again but properly.

That and horrible rng.
Piss off grandpa. Instead of being senpai and a master for the young acolytes, you behave like a bitter old fart. You sicken me.

Congratulations hombre.

>Well I did all of that and I still wanna blow my fucking brains out. It's all meaningless tripe that doesn't amount to anything
OP here. I do get such thoughts sometimes, despite having a pretty much normal social life. But then I think of how this would affect my mom, and I love her too much to off myself. I'd say find someone you actually care about, it helps a lot.

>job and sex are a meme
you're mentally ill, go see a doctor

I do this too and am realizing I shouldnt, it seems to kill your interest in vidya because you are spoiling yourself with the extra stimuli. Then you play without the TV and just the vidya wont hold your attention
CTR on switch/Jak 2 on ps4

In my mid 20's I was feeling the same as you now. If I could leave a protip for myself back then, now, I would say: seek professional help. Don't do it like I did, user, don't leave to chance to snap out of it, don't believe psychology is a meme. I feel better now, but from time to time some thoughts still come up.

>turned 26 yesterday
Been playing CTR nonstop and Siege

Attached: DF261A22-4D83-412A-903E-991EB09014F8.jpg (2000x1333, 756K)

21, been playing a lot of HoM III with my roommate lately, just finished up my first playthrough of Hylics in anticipation for Hylics 2

I've seen people older than you that are dumber than an underage. Don't assume to be smarter than someone just because you are older.

Live in isolation in communion with nature, get rid of your vices, exercise your body and mind, seek truth either thru Art or Science.

>bright ideas?
Pursue enlightenment and ascend beyond life itself. If you have such a desire to leave this life why not use that driving force to do it the correct way?

Gonna turn 28 in a couple of weeks, i'm playing mostly dwarf fortress and hl1, don't really have a lot of time to play, what the fuck bros, it seems just yesterday i was 18, time does fly when you're miserable

Attached: 1559627134897.jpg (429x332, 133K)

28. Only really ever play PoE, but I've gotten into auto chess the past few days.

Come to think of it, you are absolutely right about the extra stimuli bit. I should cut that shit out.

31. Gonna play some DOTA tonight, I think. Or maybe PoE. Or even Rimworld.

same

23, between first serious gf and a real decently paying job I'm struggling to find any time for friends or Vidya anymore, I started a new NV play through last week and have literally only just got to the first NCR outpost.

I have 0 time for Vidya anymore and it fucking sucks

Defending ancients in the houuuuse tonight

>it seems just yesterday i was 18

Attached: 1556452004894.gif (445x305, 3.79M)

27, selling my pc to take a break

18. I've picked up Bloodstained and two Tales games during the sale. It's only a matter of time until my gf realizes that I'm a waste of time while she's in Finland but whatever.

shes getting fucked by black immigrants right now

28. I mostly play casual JRPGs, story-heavy adventure games, survival horror, and nostalgia-drenched revisits these days. I couldn't care less about most AAA games anymore, but I'm happy with the selection from smaller devs.

Attached: 1482680994961.jpg (1865x837, 404K)

mostly play civ 6 and ffxiv

Funny thing is that while her mom's a native, her dad's black.

>I'm lonely. Someone pls wish me a happy birthday

Pic related. It's OP

Attached: 1484739209574.jpg (960x960, 84K)

Obligatory "please try therapy, because it sounds like you're going through some existential frustration/dissatisfaction that isn't resolved through changes in your life's circumstances."

You literally have nothing to lose from it if you're seriously considering suicide.

Happy birthday user.

Attached: Travel by Train.gif (1280x1280, 2.64M)

youtube.com/watch?v=-I97NOpkzSw

im 31 on the verge of breaking up with my gf. spending time playing hitman 2, picross on the switch and watching frasier. the electric state arrived today so reading that to change the pace a little. i ran out of beer and i cant drive due to the foot injury. doctor said no weight on the foot post skin graft. i havent worked in a little over two months due to workers comp and im starting to hate my home

I just turned 28, I'm finding it hard to play vidya for more than a couple of hours without losing interest. Not sure if it's a getting older thing or just generally losing interest in vidya.

Attached: Danrteky7.jpg (383x364, 25K)

I still enjoy video games.
Probably because I have interests outside of them.

It's a lot harder to be obsessive about things like I used to be. I can't sit and play a single game for hours and hours and not think anything of it.

I turn 31 in 2 months.

I hope it dies painlessly.

I went through the same a few years back. Only solution I found has been blowing people off on the occasional weekend to get my fix. Helps that a lot people I know are having kids.

just started max payne 1 again last night

32 and I'm generally the same. But every now and then something grabs me and I'll play it obsessively for a month.

24. I just graduated uni and I’m supposed to be applying for jobs while living with parents but I usually just procrastinate until the evening while applying occasionally then get on mmos during the night when they don’t bother me about it. I honestly have no motivation and honestly don’t care for a job despite having an engineering degree, might have something to do with my friend killing himself a few months back I don’t know

Attached: 852A8CC2-DF99-479E-A5E1-A7832FA18453.jpg (240x240, 16K)

About to be 26.
been playing Life is Strange; before the storm. I've been in post-LIF depression. :c

>might have something to do with my friend killing himself a few months back I don’t know
I think you do know. You need to be honest with yourself about how something like that has affected you or it'll haunt you for a long time, if not forever. If you haven't already, talk to people about it. Just fucking let as much emotion out as you can. Purge yourself emotionally. You've got to live on your own somehow dude and with a degree in engineering you're already on a solid path.

youre depressed over your friend. spend some time with friends and family and openly talk about how his death made you feel. the longer you hold it in the more it'll eat away at you

Turn 30 next year

Play my Switch more than my PS4 and all I play is RPG's. Also, I play Madden 07 & 08 on the PS2.

I'm 30 in September. I work full time and have a kid so I don't play as much as I use to, its usually to unwind. Lately ive just been getting baked and playing smash online. Looking forward to MCC on pc. Gaming has been pretty stale lately with the exception of weebshit.

My favorite games are:

Age of Empires 2 and 3
Factorio
DOOM 2 (original)
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Twink of the Wild
Splatoon 2

Guess my age.

Attached: 6252c53b887de2514fd8dbdc56a0ecf7c5c4fb7b.jpg (1500x2643, 621K)

26. Did everything I was ever told to do. Graduated college with top scores, no debt, no blotches on my record. And now I'm alone, with no direction and no friends, working my old dead-end job on the family farm in the middle of nowhere.

But I still like games.

Attached: Abyss.png (1193x670, 681K)

24. I haven't been playing many games at all lately but I think it's from a pretty clear set of factors. I'm taking an extra summer to finish my thesis which means 90% of the time I'm either alone in my apartment or at a campus with barely any people. I'm probably depressed right now because it's impacted by ability to do literally everything, from work to games. But when I'm around other people the problem evaporates so thoroughly that I literally forget I have it.

>be 25
>barely played anything besides WoW, LoL and a pokemon based game on the tibia engine

Attached: 1553831274565.jpg (1228x1150, 71K)

>25
>playing three kingdoms, warhammer 2, mario maker 2, persona 5, crash racing, hitman 2
>cushy tax job during weekend
>already out of student debt

:)

31. I hacked my 3DS so I'm just playing a little bit of a few random games. Literally just play FH4 every now and then. Dying to find a game I can actually get into right now and sadly I'm only looking forward to MCC PC and WoWclassic

Had a falling out with all of my friends due to a girl, to make matters worse I'm pretty sure one of them is now fucking her. Being this old it's hard to find new people to be friends with so I just work 12 hour days five days a week and sleep all day during my days off. Every day that comes to pass I'm more and more ready to just end it.

Been playing DQ11, Vampyr and Stardew Valley.

>Be the oldest person here
>Keep trying to quit this fucking site and find another more appropriate to my age group that entertains me
>Everywhere else is shit and I keep coming back here
Fuck it. I'll keep playing vidya until they pry them from my cold dead wrinkly old hands.

33 here, Mario Maker 2 is fun. Never had a Wii U so this is totally novel for me.

Turning 30 at the end of the year.
Been doing a lot more /sig/ shit in an effort to stop being so down on myself, which is kind of working. But I can't tell if it's because I'm getting older or because I'm broadening my horizons, but games just aren't really doing it for me much anymore.
It seems like nowadays I buy a new game, play it like crazy that first day, and then never touch it again. The only time I can find myself interested in video games beyond the rush of buying something new and playing it for a few hours before dropping it, is when I'm playing with friends.
Been playing a lot of Smash and Borderlands with my friends when we find the time. That's always fun, but anything is fun with friends.

Attached: 1540855480114.gif (400x226, 1.6M)

I actually kind of hate it here, but I hate everywhere else more. The constant stream of Yea Forums contrarianism, the bait threads and the "have sex/dilate" posting wears me down, but I get equally if not more annoyed with the Twitter/Facebook outrage machine, the Reddit/Tumblr echochamber, and I really hate any memes that seem to come out of any of them.
I guess this is what being a grumpy old man is like. Maybe I should just get off the Internet for a while

Attached: 1517886755533.png (421x476, 529K)

26, I just play Castlevania, DQ11, and Xcom 2.