Friends of Mineral Town remake gets announced

>Friends of Mineral Town remake gets announced
>get hyped as fuck
>look at the screenshots

well... maybe I was never meant to be happy.

Attached: z_5d15f039e2afa.jpg (1920x1080, 597K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/doraemon_story_of_seasons_heads_west_on_switch_this_autumn
youtube.com/watch?v=72es6X8BeYI
youtu.be/Lxr_qy-AnnY
youtube.com/watch?v=ilRj6O_Yets
youtube.com/watch?v=v0wqz3s4V80
youtube.com/watch?v=e3b-UjzB1mc
bd.bn-ent.net/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's okay user, none of us were

I love lo-poly aesthetic. Comfy AF

>that
>low poly
zoom zoom

soulless.

What console is this even on?

are you by any chance implying that it is high-poly, retard? Low poly doesn't exclusively refer to one type of retro artsyle.

>Friends of Mineral Town
why people prefer this shit over the obviously superior version, back to nature

hows it feel to have that black dick up your ass

>the graphics are shitty
Well that sucks but it seems like we'll be able to have new farm animals so maybe I'll play it-
>the waifus are getting redesigned
OVER THE FUCKING LINE

Attached: 1562077019247.png (544x500, 203K)

Confirmed for Switch, the last Switch-exclusive game in Japan got a PC release in the west though so who knows

That new version isn't too bad. Though I was never a fan of her original, anyway. I was a Popurifag.

This shit looks like something Natsume would put out. Whatever, I'll buy it anyway.

How do you feel about nu-Popuri? Also based taste, though not as based as Ann

Attached: 1562077356022.png (590x500, 278K)

The worst part is that the Doraemon game from Story of Seasons looks amazing as fuck, but it will never get a translation and I don`t understand shit.

Attached: Doraemon_SoS_190402_07.jpg (1920x1080, 1.82M)

That looks like when you emulate a 3D game and the enhancements don't apply to everything.

I haven't enjoyed a harvest moon title since A Wonderful Life. Doubt i'll enjoy this.

What are you talking about? It already was announced that it would be localized.
nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/doraemon_story_of_seasons_heads_west_on_switch_this_autumn

Cute hair. The dress is over designed garbage, though.

Who needs this when the utterly sublime Stardew Valley exists on Switch?

>instead of making the series multiplat like in the past they decided to pull a remake to get money

that nintendo contract dont look so well right now

Attached: 1522021194512.gif (500x562, 2.94M)

This is why Stardew sold millions. They dont put any effort into new harvest moon games.

Well, that really surprises me. Thanks for pointing it out.

>I haven't enjoyed a harvest moon title since the least traditional harvest moon
I would have much preferred an AWL remake over this though, but that would probably be too much effort though given how little it looks like they tried with this game.

iphone

It's time to move on, young man. Come and join us.

Attached: rf4.jpg (640x569, 115K)

It's only the way crops look and the chibi characters, which is what you'll be looking at 90% of the time sadly

The graphical assets clash so much I'd hardly describe it as an "aesthetic". It's just plain shoddy.

You joke but some of the new Natsume games are released to both phones and consoles.
youtube.com/watch?v=72es6X8BeYI
Really takes advantage of the PS4's hardware and it costs $40

I wish this would come out without the Doraemon shit.

>retro artsyle
It's looks like an average switch game.

>Game keeps the same chibi style as the original but in 3D
>Yea Forums hates it

>supporting gay marriage
I'm just kidding, I pretended Lest was a girl with short hair until I unlocked the portrait swap

Attached: 29843016_p4.jpg (450x666, 95K)

Not him but this is def not low-poly.
Unless we're counting late Gamecube/Wii polycounts low.(even then I doubt that this game would run on either console)
Low-poly is more then just a style, it actually refers to the polycount of the models.

What is the purpose of this post? Surely you don't believe this and are just joking but still, I have to wonder why you think this kind of thing is funny when we all have eyes to see the product.

Are you literally blind and retarded?

Why the FUCK aren't they using this artstyle for the FoMT remake?!

But that about but that is most certainly low poly.

Different dev teams, Brownies did Doraemon while Marvelous wanted to make a cheap cash grab and go home early

Is this being made by Marvelous or Natsume?

Jesus Christ this looks like a smartphone game.
Who asked for them to butcher FoMT like this?

Attached: download (1).png (239x211, 9K)

Marvelous, do Natsume Harvest Moons even get Japanese releases?

Looks like Gamefreak was in charge of it.

>preferring sóydew valley

>rip off Stardew Valley
>make it uglier

>I can't see the edges and vertices so it's not low poly

Attached: you.jpg (1200x1438, 146K)

>rip off Stardew Valley
>with a game first released in 2003

post best girls only

Attached: cast5.jpg (350x610, 41K)

>tfw you have to wait another 15+ years for an actual good remake of FoMT

Attached: 1532285041688.png (1600x948, 610K)

Can do

Attached: 58980255_p0.jpg (600x712, 234K)

yeah, exactly.

Attached: 1491168612547.jpg (1224x1445, 247K)

I love how they just refuse to make Harvest Moon games not look like trash.

>Feeding bait this obvious.

I hate how modern games console interface is designed with an easy mobile port conversion in mind. Nothing looks stylised anymore

3 was better, if only because it didn't have the RNG event bullshit

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN PLAY THE ORIGINAL

looks like an asset store flip

>people aren't allowed to be upset over wasted potential

Attached: 4a6.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Never opened a modeling program in your life huh?

you can’t have wasted potential without potential being their to begin with and what you’re expecting is way beyond what their modern development team shits out

Stardew valley looks better than that boomer garbage

Visually, Trio of Towns looks better than this if you consider that it was made for the 3DS plus it was fun

Based

Attached: F116830B-8B64-4C4F-84B1-877DD30BB1E0.jpg (512x384, 208K)

You imply I expected anything that much better than the original FoMT

This is worse than that because it has all the sins of modern game design being toppled on top of it.

I would take a port of the original over a remake based on what the screenshots are showcasing

Attached: hahha.png (10000x10000, 2.6M)

Which is saying something considering Stardew's style is pixelated Tumblr garbage trying to emulate a style which never existed.

Attached: Seriously not 4 chan (22).jpg (824x579, 85K)

>not making your weeb dad
proud

Attached: 090.jpg (740x416, 107K)

NGage

Eh, I'll still probably play it.
Also, where's Ann?

Attached: Plowed.jpg (1550x1400, 1011K)

My wife

Attached: DyFz7NaV4AEDHX1.jpg (1648x2046, 609K)

RF3 should have been the one that got remastered.

>having shit taste in low-poly

Now that`s a sin against god

I think they announced that it's coming to steam. So I believe it will be translated.

Why must they do remakes?
Why are they so lazy that they can't even come up with an interesting new idea and characters

It's coming to both steam and switch. It's being published by Bamco which is why it's coming to steam at all I imagine since they put near everything on pc.

I think that kid went way too hard on Stone pathways. I mean, everyone has their own tastes, but nothing beats the comfiness of a natural materials footpath instead of laying down bricks like you're building a house.

Should've done a remake of 64, adding the features and QOL improvements from BtN and FoMT instead.

Attached: harvestmoon64.jpg (950x768, 107K)

fucking retard

Imagine of the animal crossing developers were given this franchise instead
Then we might get a game that doesn't look like an upscaled GBA game

Can I get a rundown on all the Harvest Moon games, and what features sets each game apart from the others?

Attached: harvestmoontartan.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Attached: 1289384165698.jpg (453x750, 52K)

of course I haven't, do I look like a faggot to you? I'm posting from a real computer, not a macbook.

It looks like they're not even hiring japanese to make these games anymore.

They're all outsourcing their games to china. Looks like absolute shit.

That'd be a pretty long list. Just look up a wiki or something.

Exactly. The art style is so amateurish, it's totally distracting. I'm not a graphics fag but clashing artsyles literally can make a game worse and harder to play.

Why? If want real old school, play HM SNES then move onto HM64. Or you can jump straight into HM BTN/FoMT if you want better gameplay.
Magical Melody is last good classic style game. All the rest just put all their efforts in a gimmick.

>BTN/FoMT if you want better gameplay
And less soul.

Do But the most popular games are probably BtN/FoMT (they ARE different but not that much), 64, AWL, Magical Melody, Animal Parade, and of the new games Trio of Towns. Look them up and see what you like.

i always felt guilty if i didn't marry her

this looks like a fucking phone game
guess I'll stick to stardew valley

low poly doesnt have to mean bad

Attached: low poly 3.png (838x652, 255K)

>Magical Melody
>classic style
>with an overarching plot to collect notes and the ability to basically cover the map with farm by buying land
Tree of Tranquility is more "classic style" than it was and it had a plot too they're both enjoyable

Attached: Elli_(ToT).png (103x260, 52K)

who cares, rune factory 4 port and rune factory FIVE BAYBEEEEE

Boy howdy, where to start! I can probably go as far as A New Beginning, haven't spent much time with Trio of Town and I skipped the first Story of Seasons for forced tutorial and running like absolute dogshit when outdoors much like ANB.

Harvest Moon: Basic farming. Nights are eternal meaning you can work however long you want. Can't grow anything in autumn and winter.

Harvest Moon GB: SNES demake that restricts you to farm only. Introduces link cable trading and tools only exclusive to this game like the pickaxe and umbrella. First game in the series to allow players to choose their gender.

Harvest Moon GBC2: Introduced sheep. Crops are now restricted to gender. Introduced the green house and utilizing Game Boy Printer.

Harvest Moon GBC3: Introduced irrigation farming and animals having genders for breeding purposes. Game 'ending' is also gender dependent.

HM64: Often considered the best in the franchise. Improves on everything from the SNES game 10 fold.

HM Back to Nature: Consider it a parallel universe to HM64 as it features most of the same characters but with different roles.

Harvest Moon Save the Homeland: First game to not be isometric or top down. Only gives you a year to get an ending over game over. Removes most of what previous games established, making it more of a reimagining of the SNES game.

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life: Basically if the series were more grounded in reality. Seasons are only 10 days, but the map is seamless which is a series first along with dynamic weather. Introduced crop fusion to make hybrids such as eggplants and star fruit. Can connect to Friends of Mineral Town for more content.

Friends of Mineral Town: A handheld remake of BTN. Removes somethings while introducing new features such as connecting to AWL. Where most people started with the series.

Continued...

>STILL no RF5 info
I get they don't want to draw attention away from RF4 Special and risk losing sales, but I'm thirsty for details

Attached: 1547410951964.jpg (717x402, 28K)

>Doraemon spinoff looks better than remake
youtu.be/Lxr_qy-AnnY
Why can't they put some effort into a mainline game, especially one that's a remake of one of the good games.

the field really does look rough but this looks great. I wonder what the jewels of truth will do since the stamina bar is already visible.

Attached: throweggsinhere.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

It doesn't look that bad to me, but it does look pretty cheap. If it's a full $60 release, I'm skipping it.

yup, looks like a switch game allright!

The UI is so stupid. Why does there need to be a face, Power Berries and a number all to represent stamina?
Why do we need to see the contents of the bag constantly on screen? Or your amount of money?
The clock in the top right is all the original needed.

sounds about right. I wish devs would stop making remakes and just go bankrupt already.

It's not low poly if it has rounded surfaces.

I'm angry now. Karen was my first, fuck them.

Attached: Karen_FoMT.png (242x372, 99K)

Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life: The female version of A Wonderful Life. Fixes the male version's bugs and adds in new gameplay elements and character interactions.

More Friends of Mineral Town: Female counterpart of FoMT. More or less the same only now you can continue the game after you get married, a first for any female version in the series.

A Wonderful Life Special Edition: PS2 port of the male Gamecube version but with Another's gameplay changes. Adds in a new bachelorette along with being the only way to have a daughter. Your clothes change depending on season.

Magical Melody: Another top down entry but with a seamless map. Brings back bachelors and bachelorettes from the SNES game and Save the Homelands making it the first time the latter were a marriage option. First game to focus on growing the town. Game also had a lot system wherein you can grown anywhere you want but can only build on land you own. First game where you could rearrange your furniture.

Harvest Moon DS: Sequel to AWL. Very grindy. Gameplay puts emphasis on equips and accessories. Marrying a girl from FoMT automatically ends your game.

DS Cute: Female version of above. More of the same but you can choose between the MFoMT or Another's protagonist as your PC.

Island of Happiness: Another game with an emphasis on equips and accessories. Weather have a more pronounced effect on stamina such as a very hot day draining more compared to a cloudy day.

Tree of Tranquility: Pretty basic honestly. Introduced silk worms, ostriches, and a wide diversity of pets. Can choose your starting lot like in Magical Melody, but can buy the others later on.

Hero of Leaf Valley: A remake of Save the Homelands with a brand new map and some new characters. Honestly haven't spent much time with it so maybe somebody else here could tell you more.

Continued....

As long as it's not on the snoystation, I don't care what it looks like.

>game probably has a high polycount for the models
"b-but it looksll low-poly"

A New Beginning: Takes the concept of Magical Melody and expands on it. You now have full reign over the town including where people live. Introduced terrace farming.

Trio of Towns: Actually still in the early stages of this one so can't really comment on what it does different yet aside from the fact there's three towns with distinct themes. Also you can skip the tutorials now.

I realized I skipped Sunshine Islands and Grand Bazaar, but that's only because I never got to play I do have Tale of Two Towns, but I haven't had the time to sit down and fully play that one yet either which is why I didn't talk about that either. If you want any more information, the wikis should have plenty to share. Good luck.

I don't think harvest moon style games work in the modern internet age, not when you can just look up a guide and cheat your way to getting shit you want.

>nigga just don't look up shit

I tried, I really tried, was playing stardew valley for the first time last month and just, could not bring myself to not cheat. Everything was so expensive, the days were so short, the people were all boring to talk to and trying to figure out what people loved/hated as gifts was a a fucking nightmare.

Attached: 1559944367587.jpg (254x254, 86K)

Honestly I would have married Kasumi if not for the fact that she's just unavailable for most of the day

>not playing grand bazaar or tale of two towns
user, those were the best ds games. I remember I like it very much HMDS, finding all the 101 sprites can be very overwhelming but the game has a lot of content.

Great list by the way.

Thank you.

I was in college when those games came out so lack of funds and time were the reasons I had to skip them. Well not Tale of Two Towns really, I just need to get back to that one because I remember really enjoying what little I played.

It's also worth noting that your game doesn't end in DS Cute if you marry a mineral town guy, and that Island of Happiness movement can only be controlled by using a stylus (and not only does weather have a larger effect, but you can't just reset for it the night before like in most games). Also you missed Animal Parade completely which introduced child customization along with general improvements to ToT

I feel that's a failure of modern gaming in general.
Stardew makes a few, VERY FEW, strides in the right direction but in general It's basically just FoMT which came out 16 years ago. The fact that Stardew has been around for 3 years now and overall is the same game is an extreme let down. It's a testament to how much game developers prefer to rehash the same content over and over again in the same manner and scale.

They could have added the ability to take notes on who likes what items after you've given them that item or some system of keeping track of it.
The game is pretty fucking small overall
The art is fucking ugly
The characters are unlikable and bland

In my eyes, the only reason SDV got popular is because it was a farming life sim on PC which up until SDV didn't really exist and it appealed to normies with it's western art.

it feels great when it hits my prostate over and over

Attached: 1561767135988.gif (500x600, 82K)

Teachers have gotta work too.

Attached: CmlnZ7oVUAAMrQi.jpg (1558x2048, 348K)

>Animal Parade
Fuck! Knew I missed one. Thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately that's another one I have yet to spend much time with, but I do own it.

you have no idea what you're talking about

Why is it so fucking hard to just give us a 3D controllable camera harvest moon game like AWL? Is that so much to ask for?

Attached: 1479962140030.jpg (450x391, 16K)

Holy shit that looks incredible
Why didn't they go with this

Just curious, what kind of polycount would you consider low-poly for a character? I know very little about polycount. I've been modelling some bodies that I think look pretty good while still keeping it relatively minimal at 5000 tris.

I thought this was another cheap cash grab by Natsume... turns out it is indeed a mainline title. I hope RF5 doesn't look like this.

Attached: 1552258870006.jpg (193x245, 10K)

It really depends on your project scope and modelling process. Lowpoly usually means a model is optimized for the game, while highpoly means the models has more details that are used for texture maps which are applied on the lowpoly version. Optimization defines what is low poly.

So this is harvest moon but based in like, the world of Japan's equivalent of tintin?

What the fuck is doraemon and can I just play this not caring about that?

Attached: Zodiac-Sea-Wolf-Watches-Out-To-Play-With-aBlogtoWatch-In-The-Bahamas-17-1024x723.jpg (1024x723, 136K)

>remake of the version with less content
wat

you forgot the main reason everyone liked btn over 64: DIDNT HAVE TO PAUSE THE GAME EACH TIME YOU WANTED TO TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR PACK. Didnt help that it took extra long to load.

Hero of Leaf Valley has pretty mediocre gameplay, but imo it more than makes up for it by having a really good story and fleshed out cast of characters, at least by Harvest Moon standards.
I really wish they'd make a Heroine of Leaf Valley, STH/MM/HoLV have some great male characters. I also just love the concept and wish they'd do more non-linear story-focused games like it.

Star dew valley is the best farming/waifu/adventure/combat simulator in a small town around faggots, l2pcfag.

>same game
>But looks a bit different graphically, more like trio of town
>OMG RUINED
And they say boomers are supposed to be less dramatic and retarded

Its in beta they wouldnt it make it look like this come on vros use your head

i guess tasteless zoomers are the results of art being removed from the curriculum

>more like trio of town
Nigger have you seen Trio of Towns? Granted the redesigned marriage candidates are more like the new games but that's where the similarities end. This has more in common with Magical Melody than anything else.

This is not okay.
This is okay.

This ever coming back for the remake?

Attached: C9882375-D508-432E-89F0-9B00F08069A7.png (657x437, 343K)

Is the remake being made by the legit team or Natsume?

marvelous

And the basket
And mining that didn't suck
And fishing that... sucked less, anyway
And soundtracks that didn't fucking restart every fucking time you changed screens

Like, holy shit, how can any faggot consider 64 the best when btn exists

popuri wasnt as attractive

for some reason I thought the controls were harder

Any low res shots of the other waifus?

Sweet, another Harvest Moon remake. This is exactly what we needed. Now, if only they'd make more games about fighting shit with swords.

>Crashes the game because Localizers STILL don't know it exists

Attached: 1559698055411.png (640x551, 429K)

I forgot seasons in AWL were only 10 days long. How in the fuck were you supposed to do anything/enjoy a season? IIRC a day was 20 or so minutes.

No, we've only seen those two plus Rick and Cliff so far. Also you have a choice of playable character now (kind of like DS Cute I guess)

Attached: 1562081933375.jpg (630x390, 318K)

You forgot the others.

The Lost Valley: FUCKING

Skytree Village: SOULLESS

Light of Hope: CASHGRAB

It might've always crashed the game. The number of death in japan is 4, after all.

This guy knows whats what

Friends of Mineral Town is a port/remake itself, isn't it? From the N64/PSX...

So, it's really great to see that. I hope it capture all the elements from the three games.

I also hope that it has the isometric view, I like it better.

Attached: 1552179162257.jpg (192x146, 11K)

>I'm just kidding, I pretended Lest was a girl with short hair until I unlocked the portrait swap
That was smart, I rushed the game until I got the outfit.

I want they to port Rune Factory Frontier to PC with the same features of RF4. That would be a dream coming true... and obviously, removing that dumb Runey mechanics.

Attached: 1536933389200.gif (332x332, 2.49M)

>GBC version forever ago
>emulating, can't get tools from Elves because it works on ingame clock

Attached: 1559615446802.png (2024x1456, 2.82M)

That's not low poly.

Low poly is... low poly.

>b-b-but it doesn't have a translation!!!! How can I possibly play it!?

Attached: 1550940456246.png (200x240, 69K)

I'm making this a pasta.

What's the point of going back to choosing between 2 models? Just give us character customization, it's not going to ruin the feel of the game, and you've already implemented it in the last several titles.

I never got into harvest moon and mainly watched my sister play it but A Wonderful Life was kino

What the fuck did they do to my alcoholic wife?

>rf3 with gay marriage
>rf3 where all your favorite waifus are also carpet munching dykes
I would kill myself if this ever came out

It can't be that ba-

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THATS AWFUL

>not wanting to fuck gaius
what are you, a faggot?

Really the biggest problem with RF3 is the lack of content, you do the main story and that's it, you have no reason to keep playing other than to see your kid get born (your child doesn't count as an NPC in that game btw, I'm pretty sure you can't even give them gifts)

what is this creepy shit, how does one activate it.

I don't think anyone's been able to fully translate the page yet since the text is so small, but I have a guess that the new MCs are actually customizable like in recent games while Jack/Pete and Claire are the nostalgic option. I'm basically guessing that off the fact that they look generic as hell and have no tie to anything else in the series, I could be wrong and Marvelous is just retarded.

you have to talk to your TV at exactly 4:44 AM
it does stuff in HM:DS and Cute, too, though for those you have to talk to your doghouse

Dunno what you're saying, but I want to dick that thing on your gif.

user, Gaius loves Evelyne and it seems to be reciprocated. I'm not so self centered that I'd tear them apart.

where are the pixel graphics? why are would they do this to me?

She turns him down though.

I'm sad too.

New Harvest Moon aren´t true Harvest Moon anymore

This is a bokujou monogatari game though

She accept the proposal in the second quest.

Did she? It's been years.
My bad.
Well, it's not any different than what you could do in 2...

Are the yellow outfit characters next to the MCs alt MCs?

This. I'll take RF3's gameplay direction and cast over RF4 any day.

Attached: mist.jpg (500x800, 107K)

Yes (as far as anyone's aware)

Meh I'll wait and see

I'm not too versed in what happened to the series, but the original developers don't work on Harvest Moon anymore, right?

its honestly amazimg how you can suck all the soul out of a series by changing the style to generic anime schlock

I guess I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I'm in the minority that FoMT was already a bloated cash grab of BTN and still found FoMT fun at least. I imagine this will be the same.

Dunno if I'll play as a dude or chick though. My man Cliff is looking a little unrecognizable there and if they botched Elli then I'll be in a stalemate.

The original developers are still working on the series as they always have been in Japan. Natsume owns the rights to the HM name though, so they can release their own games with the name (as far as I'm aware these games have never been localized for a Japanese audience). OP's game is being made by the original developers, so who knows what it's going to be called when it comes west though due to legal issues.

Lads

Attached: 1561619411867.png (639x483, 183K)

>Friends of Mineral Town gets remastered
>not Back to Nature

I'm not sure who in the original Harvest Moon crew is still working at Marvelous. Hometown Story was sold on "by the creator of Harvest Moon" so I'd suspect at least some of them moved on - the whole DS/Wii era seems like it had some different people involved in development than the original SNES/N64/PS1 titles. The currently line of games certainly do.

As for the name "Harvest Moon" itself, Marvelous (or the company that became Marvelous) were the original developers and Natsume licensed the name "Harvest Moon" in the west. When Marvelous decided to break from Natsume, Natsume kept the name and started getting other companies to make games using the Harvest Moon title. Marvelous, meanwhile, kept making the same series but started naming them "Story of Seasons" now.

>3 was better
said no one ever

RF4 is basically an upgrade of RF3 in all ways except waifus and swimsuits, and that's only in terms of aesthetics. The RF3 waifus barely have any development beyond their one gimmick. RF4 has less waifus because half of them were genderbent into husbandos.
That said, I was also disappointed how seemingly bland the RF4 waifus were at first until the game actually demonstrates a lot of character development for each one of them except Clorica, and somehow the character I eliminated first as a choice (Shoepie) ended up becoming my favourite in the end even if I still rather fuck Clorica's design more.

Attached: 1550341153841.png (474x500, 177K)

Any good comfy farm sims to pick up from the steam sale? Dont say Stardew

There's still the Sharance Maze to do after the ending. There's a fair amount of content there.

>plant chilies as majority crop that is 70% of my entire field
>come harvest time
I regret everything

was I not supposed to do Sharance Maze while doing the story? That's how I accidentally finished the whole game shortly after Spring of year 1 since I ended up becoming overpowered.
it's probably why they made time flow again in the maze in RF4 because you could keep grinding the maze for materials and levels almost endlessly in RF3 you could 99 the crafting skills in the first month.

To be honest the days felt long and its not like the game was jam packed with things to do like the other games (its still my favorite though).

Based Shoepie poster I was going for Dolce on looks/basic personality alone until I realized how interesting she is

Attached: 29746959_p2.png (400x570, 153K)

>said no one ever
I agree with him. RF4 making marriage an RNG was the worst gameplay mechanic.

I just hope they come out before Animals Crossing because when they shit hit, it going to be a bloodbath.

>cant romance the moms
FUCKING FUCK

Maybe we'll be able to in Rune Factory 5 if we're lucky.

time to realize that if they were available you wouldn't actually give a fuck

>soul/soulless is just a meme

This must be from Natsume right? Marvelous can't be as bad as them.

i had hope for the remaster on switch. it still hurts

Attached: detective elf.png (270x435, 147K)

is it bad that I never to Act III of RF4 or even married by waifu? I lost the motivation to play the game by the time I learned that you could predictably savescum for events on certain days.
The Sharance maze really needs to be reworked again in RF5 because I had already maxed it out and there was no way anymore I could feel the same challenge everyone else did with Rune Prana of Act III because i was basically already spoiled and powered up with Sharance maze.

actual brainlet

:(

I CANNOT WA-
>Waifu Redesign
YOU DO NOT MESS WITH A MANS WOMAN

Attached: 1559018983393.png (839x778, 778K)

Technically they're not, even if this a souless, low effort cash grab the fact that it's a remake of an actually good game means it will be better than Natsume's attempts by default

That's not low poly. That's low effort.

>Watching Muffy's perfect thicc ass whenever she was in the kitchen washing the dishes in A Wonderful Life.

Attached: 1500637269896.gif (300x300, 1012K)

well ok I can't 100% refute that. RF4 is an upgrade in all ways except waifus, swimsuits, and the retarded RNG mechanic making a good chunk of people miss out on Act 3 and a bunch of events including marriage.

I think I get what they were trying to go for (don't want people to just look up FAQs to get the events to trigger), and I hope they find a better execution of it with RF5, like even just priorities on certain events if you have the reqs for it already or a certain number of days have already passed

They look cuter than the original.
Fuck you Yea Forums.

It looks like it's in really early development. I'd expect the presentation to improve near launch or Tokyo Game Show.

Attached: 1561430429705.jpg (390x462, 112K)

How? From what I can make out on the left it just looks less interesting in terms of artstyle and more generic.

But they said that its apparently 85% completed user. It comes out in October this year.

>nintendo contract
The publish games for multiple non Nintendo platforms, the only reason why these games are on Nintendo platforms instead of others, is that their Playstation sales have been abysmal.

nah man

Attached: Karen_BTN.png (339x665, 315K)

Every single one of you is a fat drooling retard.
Who the fuck ever liked FoMT for the graphics? It was always the gameplay and the likeable characters, as long as they keep those everything is okay. Please overdose and die slowly.

I would give a fuck if I hadn't fallen for one of the girls instead.

Attached: RF3 Karina 1414940769208.jpg (638x643, 85K)

can we play as the girl

incorrect you fucking scum, I hope the go bankrupt for shitting on my childhood like this.

Attached: HM_Fomt_Karen_Red_Heart_2.png (240x160, 12K)

This is a goddamn war crime.

thats a good question, will they implement More Friends of Mineral Town's content too?

based

anyone? I pretty much got nothing from this steam sale. Nothing really interests me from the selection but ill jump in on a good harvestmoon like game

>spats under skirt
muh

Wasn't Karen an alcoholic, her new design doesn't reflect that at all.

Is this seriously not obvious from ALL OF THE PROMOTIONAL ART DEPICTING THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST

That's not family-friendly, she's now going to be a generic vegetarian hippie girl trying to connect to nature.

>long sleeved white and purple hoodie as a parallel to her old purple jacket and white tanktop
>Still has the belt (I think?) It's hard as shit to make out with how pixelated it is
>Still has the ripped up jeans turned into shorts

It's fine. Popuri has a better redesign, however, it still reflects Karen's character.

Butt through skirt is so underrated.

Ctrl + F "soulless"
yep
someone had to say it

I guess the winery is now a grape juice place too now then.
Looking back at it, how long sleeved short throws me off the most. Even though I'd like if her hair still was closer to her original l look, if they gave her short sleeves I might have taken to it better. Popuri definitely got the better redesign so far though.

i haven't looked into it, sorry, forgive me.

i wanna know what the bachelors look like, i just need to know if they're gonna do my boy Gray dirty

I always chose Nami because I was a young lad that liked tomboys. But in retrospect, I'd pick Muffy in a heartbeat now. Just a shame that the game's pretty much a pain in the ass to play.

Well Rick and Cliff are looking like this so you tell me.

Attached: 20190702_191445.jpg (107x132, 19K)

The one on Gamecube was fun. My first waifu ever probably

So is the switch mini legit? I sold my one last year

Cliff is an improvement. I couldn't fucking stand the unga caveman look he had in the original.

What about innocent life?

Attached: 61LShrM5RtL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 45K)

Oh nice, they're making them cuter.

Rick is arguably an upgrade, at least clothing-wise.
Cliff in an all-around travesty
Hopefully they give Kai long hair to comoensate for their haircuts

>That Rick
first they came for his brains and turned him into a racist chicken farmer(also kinda hilarious)
now he looks really weird
poor guy, I liked him, but would've vastly preferred to date his 64 incarnation, just expanded as a character

>Rick is racist
Holy fuck I never thought of it like that

Attached: 1530494486907.jpg (1280x1280, 675K)

>plays Dragalia Lost
>complains about other things looking awful

there hasn't been any news from nintendo, I'm sure they want to keep quiet so parents will buy their kids an (old) switch for Pokemon alone, then reveal the revision for Christmas season.
I'll be happy as long as there's a revision by the time animal crossing and RF5 comes out.

holy shit, there's a literal fetus browsing this board right now
youtube.com/watch?v=ilRj6O_Yets

>only started airing outside Canada in 2018
Are you talking about yourself?

Somone post the template for this

The only positive thing to come out of this remake is the localized version might not be an utter clusterfuck now.

By all means! If there's one thing I take autistic pride in, it's Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons so I'm always willing to spread around information about any games I'm able.

No idea and I bought the game for cheap off Amazon. I need to make time to play the titles I missed or couldn't play in the past. Except possibly Story of Seasons....

Attached: untitled.png (1073x1210, 2.34M)

Tell your mama to lay off the crack until you're born, OK?

Attached: retards.png (1703x51, 12K)

but the clusterfuck translation is half the charm of HM games, man.

Attached: harvest-moon-fire-e.png (256x224, 6K)

Attached: 1562086374573.png (1550x1400, 668K)

i usually dont get mad over video games but this shit is not fucking okay

Attached: 1297757675108.png (320x400, 99K)

the no-mouth style really throws me off
it's not even about being low poly or chibi
look at magical melody, it looks way better even with the annoying cherub cheeks

Attached: download (35).jpg (540x405, 43K)

Why not marry Reina in ToTT like you did in SoS?

just noticed is the football field of space between the eyes too

>cucking your other (you)

I should really do one of these someday

I hate both of these artstyles, they should've gone with the one from ToT/AP

I mean there's clusterfuck translations and then there's the shitshow Natsume whipped up

Attached: oops_01.png (160x107, 5K)

Just don't forget to include AP and the other DS games missed.

That was a good style. My only gripe with thise games is the awkwardly spherical heads of some of the characters, namely the protagonists. Default protagonists always have very bland facial structure though, so I can hardly complain.

alking about, user.Don'tknow what you're t

Attached: oops_05.png (160x107, 8K)

didnt some SEA faggot already made a remake of this game? I can't remember.

The cover always intrigued me at blockbuster and EB (Innocent life) but I never got a chance to play it either.

Lillie used her daughter to get to Kai!

Attached: oops_25.png (160x107, 14K)

Someone's getting cucked here, can't work out who.

>implying Lillia's husband hadn't been cucking her for years

I loved the art from ToT/AP. Those two are probably some of my favorite entries in the series.

I actually did really enjoy Trio of Towns.

You are choosing to not be happy.

Attached: effort.jpg (521x736, 79K)

honestly, it's a simple fix.

Attached: hire me marvelous.jpg (521x292, 30K)

based and redpilled

Karina best weeb farming simulator girl.

Actually, I am pretty stoked for it
>Classic HM gameplay but with the new animals like the Alpaca, Capybara, and probably the new crops (trees)
>Mineral Town stuff meaning non-retarded mines
>Graphics are fine, the UI is bad, but FoMT never looked good and had a lack of variety that the remake seems to fix (like the bamboo in the hot spring)
>Maybe they will return some BTN features like the greenhouse while still having the long-term focus gameplay of FoMT
>Classic festivals I hope
This game actually looks promising.

Attached: 2W3GB.gif (305x399, 200K)

Is this real? E3 literally just happened, why not shove it in somewhere and create hype? Better than just shitting it out, although just looking at it I can see why. Not even the devs must have faith in the project.

>Switch exclusive
>Smash had a character with the codename Jack
>Hero and Piranha plant were called Brave and Pakkun, which are literally their names (Yuusha and Pakkun Plant)
>Jack had an alt called Jane which Joker didn't have
WHAT IF

Attached: pete__harvest_moon__joins_smash_bros__by_blueglassesart_d8t33mk-fullview.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

I don't get it. What's the difference?

Eyes aren't as wide apart.

Literally soul and soulless

he shrank the image width.

The eyes are closer together
nah, I moved the eyes with the lasso tool

Attached: eyes.png (318x159, 101K)

You misspelled Natume

Honestly, the more I look at it the more ok with it I become. If it runs and plays like a classic HM game then I'll get over the small things I don't like.

As long as she's still cute, I'll learn to love her new look.

Attached: Elli_FoMT.png (218x369, 136K)

Serious Fun.

Doreamon is one of the most recognizable and iconic character in Japan( Doraemon > Godzilla> pikachu). Most westerner don't know about that since there barely localization for that series in the west until recently.

>Kai is a super nice guy
>Rick doesn't want his sister seeing him for no reason
>also happens to be the only dark skinned character in the game
It's really not that hard to connect the dots

but kai is from okinawa

That doesn't really change the fact that he's dark skinned, and if you're not from Japan you wouldn't make that connection, you'd just assume he was black, it's even worse in N64, where Kai's the only person that you actually working at the Vineyard

I see

who cares when you can be the waifu!

Attached: hunnybut.jpg (216x234, 10K)

What does this say about me?

Attached: 1millionhoursinpaint.png (1550x1400, 1.51M)

>rosalind
my nigga

It says you're based and Sainte-Coquille pilled

I would say you have a thing for tsunderes and ojous, though Komari feels like a big outlier

Not bad. I'd say it's a bit too tsun for my taste but hm tsuns are fine for me at least.

Besides stardew valley were any of the other indie harvest moon games any good?

Did you get HoLV and ToTT mixed up?

Just makes me want to reinstall Stardew.
Tried Rune Factory 4 and while it did a lot of things pretty well, the RPG side of things didn't really capture me, farming was so barebones and the town is just tiny as fuck and makes NPCs feel like they're just kind of in cages, save for a couple.

And Trio of Towns was ducking the most horrendously boring start I've ever experienced, none of the NPCs were interesting and the towns are just dumb big empty theme parks basically.

What farm type and waifu should I persue lads

Go ahead and model me that hat. See how many triangles you need at least to make it look like that.

Fuck, means Rune Factory 3.
Have not tried RF4.

Ah fuck

Attached: 1447204192506.png (864x1570, 113K)

Alright faggots, how does your dream HM game go?

>64/BTN/FOMT's cast
>AWL's models
>FOMT's sprites
>FOMT's mining/tools upgrading/BASKET
>Can marry whoever regardless of gender
>Pick either gender
>MM's town/plot management
>AWL's children, only they can get married and have kids of their own
>Multiple children, each one actually being different
>FOMT's Harvest sprites
>At least quadruple the story/event content of FOMT
>Isn't ass like Stardrew Valley

Attached: 1499374754162.gif (650x366, 3.71M)

Also
>Fishing based on location and time of year, but no fucking minigames (fuck you stardew valley)
>No fucking combat (fuck you again stardew valley)

Who said they won't change the mine to newer system (don't be retarded, the fact that the floor down can be affected by RNG to no appear is just not fair)

Also since it is the GBA games remake... We won't get BTN festival. (Too hard to model and create sprites anyway, please understand) but some thing definitely getting changed like chicken festival so you can't no longer win with 1 heart chicken.

FoMT with 64 story flow and all uniqur festival from all game combined

so... btn...

More reasons to play into the second year. At most its like 2-3 villagers and a few crops. Also make winter more interesting. Also more festivals ide like at least one festival dedicated to each animal and a crop festival along with holiday stuff.

Came here to say the goddess from Hero of Leaf Valley is the best goddess of all time.

Attached: FB_IMG_15410994012506878.jpg (534x308, 144K)

More people moving in as the years go by? Fuck yeah.

As for winter, maybe winter can be hunting season? Like, you need to venture out into the wilderness and gather meat/animal material to supplement income in the off season. Notice how recipes in the games rarely have anything like chicken or beef on the menu? Now your animals that get too old, or you have too many of, can be butchered. Or there's a difference between chickens (for example) raised for food and chickens raised for egg laying, so you don't get attached to the ones destined for the slaughterhouse.

Anything to make the animal aspect better, since it's always so cut and dry and therefore not very interesting. Hell, the only game with bulls as far as I am aware was AWOL, and you only used em for fucking the cows and selling calfs IIRC

Attached: 1495972173586.jpg (427x427, 26K)

Attached: fucking subhuman scum.png (544x361, 378K)

Stardew valley tried adding butchering, but it was shot down pretty quick.

That looks straight outgha farmville.

Attached: IMG_20190514_102323.jpg (1680x840, 60K)

Fuck Stardew Valley, the cowards.

I want more simple but believable mechanics and less magic wand waving. Give me farming AND ranching. If AWOL can give us that fucked up hybrid crop system, someone can give me slaughterhouses or at least hunting/trapping.

Give me It's Wonderful Life!

Animal overhaul is deffinatly the number 1 thing that needs an overhaul in the harvest moon mechanics. Since day fuckin 1 with the first game animals have behaved the same fuckin way. Ya buy the damn thing ya feed it once a day pet and brush take its produce leave. Thats it. Made even worse by the fact very very very few games are animals economically viable along with the tedium of taking care of any real number of the damn things its so fuckin tiring to pet 8 chickens god almighty. In the rare cases I do buy animals its 1 of each and thats just so I can use the produce for stuff. Silk worms were unironcly the best ones ever added. They sit still and give good value produce. What a joke.

This series needs more hentai.

tree of tranquility and animal parade had interesting variations in animals
it's a shame about the barn limit

Second

jesus i hate those re designs especially pupuri

RF has been anime as fuck always, what the fuck are you talking about

Exactly. Hell, I can't remember if BTN/FOMT actually had this since I never bothered to test it out, but I distinctly remember there being some dialogue somewhere about wolves attacking the farm at night if you have any animals outside. That would be cool as FUCK to actually have. On top of that, animals wandering off at night that you have to go find if you fuck up and leave them out while fencing isn't complete/broken. They never leave the farm usually, and if they do they hardly wander very far.

Is it harvest moon or story of seasons?
This will determine my purchase

Harvest moon, made by marvelous. (Don't know if Natsume is involved, but god I hope not.)

I gotta wonder what happened to the old design team. I miss the 64/btn style portraits that had that nice 90's anime vibe. Beats the hell out of the chibi shit we have now, and I never liked the modern anime feel of RF.

She's from Blend S.

Stray dogs harass your animals yeah. It's not crazy.

Simple, take the technical aspects of A Wonderful Life and expand on them. So bring back the dynamic weather and with the leaves and grass slowly changing as the season progresses; make the game third person with a fully rotating camera; make the entire map seamless and give us a mountain region that they couldn't provide at the time with AWL. The last point shouldn't even be an issue since these games don't require some sandbox huge map. Gameplay can be whatever Marvelous decides, I just want to see clouds roll across the sky and witness the first drops of rain in a fall storm again goddammit.

Attached: Harvestmoon4.png (503x333, 242K)

Just use gold lumber, it will repel them.

It makes no sense for mineral town to not have multi level mines like BTN and FoMT had.

It's Story of Seasons. Which is why this remake is important, getting that mineral town brand into SoS is a good move.

Slightly differrent mine system, like GBA games have rocks you can break for ore while BTN you only need to dig the land.

Heck it might be improved BTN mine system like in Doraemon SoS game.

>not just unbroken stones

Holy fucking shit that looks terrible. Fucking monkey paws man.

>I gotta wonder what happened to the old design team
Well the creator of the series is still making games such as Hometown Story and Little Dragon Cafe.

Attached: ss_86c5d9433678f4843d18b425edbf69c412e88cd4.1920x1080.jpg (1280x720, 245K)

Conflicting responses.
Looks more story of seasons based on the designs. I might buy two, for myself and my sister

no way bros...

It's made by Marvelous not Natsume, its Story of Seasons

It looks like FoMT but with more detail

yes, its the OG Bokujou monogatari (story of season), not the natsume's Harvest moon knock-off
it just follow the original concept a bit too faithfully
oh, and for people who want that Doraemon spin-off too, good news, its coming to the west later
youtube.com/watch?v=v0wqz3s4V80
personally playing the jp version. aside from the stuttering sometimes, which is getting patched soon. its maximum comfy

>She

that fcuking useless nobita.
>he gonna cuck everyone

Holy fuck I'm actually really happy I spent the last 2 years learning Japanese

I read about this a few months ago on IGN Japan but didn't remember it looking this good, if there were any screenshots.

Lads, start learning right now so you don't miss out on more shit like this. You can do it.

Shh it's a Surprise.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3b-UjzB1mc
he will "ei" into your heart my man
no romance tho, and fortunately this time the deuteragonist is a male. He cant just go and break their heart like everytimes he goes on and adventure
Nobita is Adol confirmed

was there ever a game where you could marry the harvest goddess and she would move in with you?

Most of the games have a goddess to marry, but only in Heroes of leaf valley did the goddess moved in with you, iirc

>no romance
why? i wanna marry Big G.

But the Harvest Goddess is black. Ditches you with the kid and you never see her.

Why do devs hate this series so much?

Trio of Towns was great and it makes me hopeful for the next proper SoS game that will be released on console.

Attached: DaqQCg_U8AAZrFG.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

I always chose Nami too and I never even liked tomboys or redheads, I just always thought she was the best. I guess she was that good. Kinda like Stardew Valley, I don't even like blondes but Haley won me over.

That's the power of love I guess, you can't choose who you fall for.

Attached: 1368731276127.png (590x322, 7K)

Same. I'm interested to play the BRN/FoMT remake but I'm more interested in the next proper new game - especially given how impressive looking the Doraemon game is.

This is how Harvest Moon should look today.

Isnt little dragon cafe shit or something? Also hows viva pinata? Anyone? I never played it anything like harvest moon?

Doraemon is made by a different team from a different company though. Not the usual people or director.
But yes if they take and learn from the Doraemon game then the next game will really be top notch.

Basically this. AWL with actual content would be GOAT.
I have very little hope of there ever being another good HM though, let alone my dream HM game.

All I want from this is more dialogue variety, really.

>4:44
>4 is symbol of bad omen or death in China and Japan

Attached: 1546081248783.jpg (221x228, 13K)

Did they announce a SoS game for the Switch yet? I'm mainly waiting for RF4S but no news recently so I'm really wanting a portable farming game that isn't Stardew Valley.

its Marvelous's Brownie (the one behind wonder life) who made the Doraemon spin-off
the current SoS/RF team is Marvelous's Hakama, who is working on RF4S, RF5 and an unannounced game (probably SoS switch). oh and they helped Dragon marked for death too

yes, that's the reference

The series more creepy shit

Forgot to put the "needs" in there

I like how in HM64 if you married Karen you ended up marrying into half the goddamn town because her cousin is Cliff.

The cheek of it, THE FUCKING CHEEK OF IT

Attached: forgiveness-stops-41129949.png (500x507, 142K)

I thought it was a bandai namco studio making the game?
If not then why are they publishing it or why are they involved at all?

The farming in RF is shit

bd.bn-ent.net/
just check their website
Fujiko pro and Shogakukan hold the Doraemon IP license
Bamco is the historic publisher of Doraemon related merch
and Marvelous's Brownie is the contracted producer, who also hold the license of Bokujou Monogatari
its a "cross-over", a joint work if you might

which no one wanted to buy

>Old games: time freezes indoors
>New games: time always keeps going
[laughter stops]

>said no one ever
Said everyone ever

3 had soul, 4 was soulless garbage.

Imagine crossover with Pokemon.
Less focus on battle but
>Befriend squirtle to help watering plant
>befriend Gogoat to traveling around
>Catching mareep for the wool
>Betting on rapidash race
>And summon rayquaza to prevent the storm

I will fucking deck you in the face fag.

Attached: 1554005620504.jpg (749x734, 51K)

I think it looks pretty good, bros.
What's wrong with it?

Attached: 1561781462706.jpg (1019x800, 91K)

Just started playing Trio of Town and I have 50000G.
Where the fuck did the money come from?

Is this game good?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1500x1325, 403K)

What trait did you chose? One of them will start you off with 50000g instead of 5000g, but I think the popularity trait is more useful in the end.

Tycoon.

Yeah, that's the one.

its one of your trait that cause this
personally i prefer the stamina trait for 1 additional heart early. shit really helped

I want a farming game mixed with Locks Quest. Where you have to grow food and manage relationships with a village while at the same time managing its defenses and shanking monsters that want to eat the villagers. Add in permanent death meaning one fuck up could lead to the removal of your favorite character.

My based brother from another mother

Attached: cute ann.jpg (480x360, 42K)

the popularity trait help you to cheese the early game pretty hard iirc, since it allow you to eat lunch at the villagers' place right at the start
>use up your stam
>do part time job
>dilly daily til 12 and go eat at the Mayor's house
>2-4 hearts everytimes, with some food to take home
shit's busted

I usually have a hard time playing the handheld games due to how they keep dragging on tutorials lately but it really helped to keep my interest since it also let's you see some town events a lot sooner than normal. I also agree that the stamina one is pretty helpful but it doesn't increase your total max hearts overall iirc.

How good are the wii games?

meh

Animal Parade is still pretty well loved, though it runs a bit slower than I'd like on the actual wii. Never got to play ToT but it has the same cast for the most part and AP is its updated version anyway.

Nice bait

I actually like ToT a bit more than AP. The latter did have some refinements, but it made days twice as long which means you're done with everything by 1AM and don't know what the fuck else to do. Also I felt like NPC routines were more thought-out in ToT. And I liked Luna better before she was redesigned for ethical reasons.

I see, I rarely hear ToT talked about over AP since it's release. Even though I never got to play the first time around, it is still a game I'd like to play one day.

I don't want to hype you up too much, user, but that sounds a lot like the game I'm developing.

Haven't played AP, but ToT is in my top 3 if you count Btn and FoMT as one

blog?

>Jamie

Doesn't the game automatically end if you marry him/her?

Attached: 1380348882830.png (300x310, 104K)

This looks MUCH better.
Still, not very good, but if it was 20-30 bucks it'd be ok.
The problem is I know this is likely a fuck up on their part, accidentally decent, and it'll be 60 bucks plus tip.

I just want the good old days back. Nu Harvest Moon is soulless and Story of Seasons has been ok at best.

Attached: 1523982663228.png (1464x2048, 2.31M)

We're way too early in development for an announcement, sorry. Like, still working with completely untextured, headless models early.

Although I'm not as into Harvest Moon as you are, the one Harvest Moon game I have played is actually Story of Seasons. And I think I can say that once you get past the tutorial the game isn't actually that bad. Sure, it's probably no better than other games in the series, but I can't say that it's offensively bad either. The fact that you compete with the other farmers for field space provides a good incentive to preform well beyond just making money and the bazaar/marketplace system of selling your stuff is pretty neat with some supply/demand sttff. The bachelors and bachelorettes are pretty gdecent too, but I understand that is super subjective I guess.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you can manage to get past the long tutorial the game is actually pretty okay and realy just inoffensive at worst. It's all up to you though!

Attached: Blank+_6cf2c42abb042e764b020abd9c337c58.jpg (1000x679, 113K)

Just remembering the SoS tutorial week makes me want to kms
The granny dying at the end of the year hit me really hard

At least it's not by Natsume, fuck them.

R.I.P

Attached: Ann_BTN.png (357x630, 285K)

I like you and agree with everything you're lying down

Attached: thumbs up.jpg (1366x768, 92K)

It's more into exploration than raising crops.
You can build railroad in your farm, buy basket and those robot thing that could harvest your crops automatically while you out exploring cave and shit.

you need certain crops to advance the story though

played it long time ago, it was a treat to explore the island because it looked breath taking at that time. I am bummed because they don't use character portrait when talking.

You don't need many of them.

>wanted to marry Inari
>find out I need to befriend the foxes
>takes like 300 FP to do so, it would take at least an in game year if I tried
>she doesn't even live with you and you need the DLC to have kids
>settle for the cute waitress isntead

Yes, it also happens in DS if you marry any of the mineral town girls

They've seem to have found that perfect speed for time now, but I remember playing AWL for the first time and the days taking forever.

Looking back on it, despite playing all 3 versions of AWL, it's probably my least favorite game in the franchise. The overall lack of music and festivals made it seem lifeless at times. Still fun, but I also think there's something enjoyable in all HM/SoS games.

The waifus in Trio of Towns were so underwhelming, I ended up going with Lisette

>the most boring waifu in the game

I-I know, I have a thing for blondes

>game's gimmick is about how there are three towns to go to
>one of them has the most waifus
>the other two towns are incredibly underdeveloped, the only reason you ever go to the other twois because an event forces you to, or in the case of west town, to mine
>both of them only have on waifu (the twins don't count as two)

Literally a boy

Attached: 8azgjfteqki11.jpg (3951x2246, 861K)

I wonder how's Portia right now? I enjoyed playing it last year when it was still under testing.

And that's a bad thing?

Attached: 1431091414833.jpg (600x576, 55K)

its artstyle really turns me off

I really like the religious daily grind. You can actually make town pit stop and huge structure there, part of the storyline. Felt good seeing all those environment changes.

Attached: 7m9zh8uqxtn01.png (274x281, 98K)

What turned me off of her was that she hates milk. I liked her, but that ruined her for me completely.

faggots are not welcomed

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons doesn't have enough cute boys.
I mean, at least they have some. Stardew Valley has absolutely none.

Dude, we make up a disproportionate amount of the HM/RF fanbase. You're gonna have to get over that one.

then play one of the games that's actually low poly you fucking brainlet

Attached: com.gamesbox.gbtnpsgx0[1].jpg (700x500, 77K)

Bait

>he doesn't plant like this:
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]_[x][x][x]

>do the 3x3
>can't get to the middle one

Attached: 1549910758801.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

You take that back.

Attached: DxHrU2xV4AIhA1N.jpg (1536x2048, 425K)

>marries the literal feminazi
should've at least gone for the maid user

Lisette isn't even that bad, honestly. For the designated "I like flowers" heroine, she was actually pretty enjoyable.

>not putting in the work to melt her heart and turn her into a walking spaghetti factory
You are small time

Attached: 0768.png (400x720, 528K)

n-nani?

Attached: file.png (458x60, 10K)

BtN had worse character, a worse world, no photo album and arguably worse music.
Wada poured his soul in 64, after which he gave it to some other studio to make an expanded port of it for the PS1, but those faggots couldn't just keep to that and had to mess with other stuff. If BtN was just 64 but with better item management, cooking, etc, it would've been the definitive version.

>karen red heart in the first day by inifinitely showing her the dog
Can't argue with the photo though

Looks like a fucking iphone game, the UI and everything!

Oh yeah, 64 also had more bugs admittedly, though nothing game braking.

>raise too much affection with Ellie and Ellen, Ellen dies.

Yeah, that was great.

So, how did you guys find SoS/ToT?

slow start, fun once it picked up
the doctor is based
teacher femnazi best girl

Attached: b1744273490c62106225788a6da1b566.jpg (400x240, 25K)

My thoughts exactly. I think it did quite a lot of things better than SoS, especially with removing RNG from festival prizes and adding friend events for bachelors/bachelorettes you can't marry.

they really need to upgrade their engine during 3ds era. Great waifu though.

Attached: Elise_Chibi.png (199x210, 70K)

NGL, almost regretted playing as a girl in SoS purely because of Elise.

Damn, that legit looks really nice. Pity its tied to Doraemon, which I have no clue about.

Hope they keep that aesthetic for the next SoS.

Link's Awakening doesn't look that bad all of a sudden, huh?

But it really is a shame, Mineral Town was the only Harvest Moon i tried and actually enjoyed.

I loved the game. Easily one of the best games in the series imo. Not without it's faults but a damn good HM game

My brother.

Attached: 57958627_p0.png (601x741, 225K)

shit taste

Attached: KomariClosed.png (117x209, 27K)

For you.

Attached: Desktop.png (2000x1200, 2.5M)

One thing that trips me up about ToT are the later locks since the earlier locks can be done any time. A lot of steps forward, some others are questionable.

True. The time sensitive crops can be a pain to get if you're unlucky.
They could have handled the hard locks on town progress better or could have provided the "greenhouse" earlier instead of the final story unlock.

Attached: 57979481_p0.jpg (1000x433, 662K)

You can tell the graphics were made to pump out the turd as quick as possible. This is not a style. It's not retro or low poly, it's minimum effort chibi shit using cuteness in an attempt to mask its incompetence.

Rune Factory 3 >>> 4

I dont like how every story progression in 3 is tied to the request system.
But again, rf4 isn't much better because of the RNG.

I accidentally sold my cacao forgetting it was needed for rank S and thyme especially was a close call with me getting 15 a few days before winter began. In that sense SoS won out in flexibility since you could ship anything within the category.

> That art

Which do you consider your hometown? Tsuyukusa all the way for me, but I'm splitting my farm area so each town is represented.

Both of those sound pretty bad, hopefully 5 has a better system.

It's..... okay. If you ever wanted an extremely watered down version of Harvest Moon with a dragon then it's right up your alley. Game is optimized to shit though, for the Switch version at least. The pop in makes BoTW look years ahead of its time and to make it worst you can literally see the PC's cone of field as I'm calling it from the skybox, allowing you to judge how close or how far you are until things pop into view.

It's like Hometown Story, you play it with the expectation that you don't have to think much.

Attached: hometown-story-deal-e1382602081353.jpg (563x317, 53K)

That's not low poly, that's just ugly.

Honestly I always figured the game itself would be good or at least acceptable, I just really have a strong ire against games that don't make their tutorials or teaching tools optional. Tree of Tranquility on Wii had the same problem, wherein you were forced to spend several ingame days learning how to farm, and the less said about the first month of A New Beginning the better.

Attached: 1358905546615.jpg (640x380, 182K)

I'm fine with the redesigns, it's that I can't stand. It looks so cheap.

>it will never get a translation and I don`t understand shit.
I have some good news for you user!