Melee fans check this out

Melee fans check this out.
youtu.be/DmOcY2WcRIw

Attached: DuCOoWvU0AEL9IK_1.jpg (724x408, 43K)

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU MESS WITH NINTENDO'S PERFECT VISION.
EVERYTHING NINTENDO DOES IS PERFECT AND SHOULD NOT BE MODIFIED.

Attached: 1535526644411.jpg (500x500, 55K)

>showcasing a nintendo mod/fan game before it releases
that's just asking to get a C&D midway through development

I can already tell that the airdash is busted autocombo cancer. I hate that instead of just combining all the good elements of each smash, they shoehorn their shitty "unique and game changing" ideas to completely ruin something that had great potential.

What is with meleefags's obsession with edgehogging? It's a garbage mechanic.

Nintendo never shut down project M, they just banned it from being monetized on twitch. Though, project M only became a thing after brawl already died, so I could see Nintendo trying to shut this down because ultimate is still selling and the DLC is still coming out. I could see this mod becoming a thing if nintendo somehow DOESNT block it from being monetized on twitch, let alone C&D it.

Not too keen on the whole air dashing thing, and "reverse hits" is just a fancy way of saying janky hitboxes

since you're spamming this shit everywhere I'll spam too.
>horizontal (CARDINAL DIRECTION) wavedash
fuck you
>but you don't get invincibility for regrabbing the ledge
you already don't
>DACUS
why the fuck would anyone want brawl tech
>airdashing
retarded as fuck. Every change shown before this improved offensive abilities but did nothing to help out defensive abilities like escaping combos, and then you implement the most broken combo extender imaginable. Do you want 64 combos again?

Being able to get back to the ledge for free 99% of the time is boring. With edgehogging people off stage have to actually fight from a disadvantaged position.

Adds more decision making when edgegyarding recovery.

Makes being knocked off stage more punishing.

Makes your recovery not as much of a massive decider in how viable your character is like in ultimate.

I play ssbu not melee now, still prefer edgehogging.

reverse hits are good. the air dashing thing looks pretty horrible though.
there has to be a better way to do it than just putting edge hogging in. bad mechanic.

They only get back 99% of the time because you are shit at edgeguarding and off stage play

>99% of the time
watch the professionals. 2 framing is retarded but I'd say people only get back 75% of the time.

It looks very fun, but I'd rather stay with regular Ultimate. Hope people who play this have fun though.

There is no "fight from a disadvantaged position."
Player gets knocked far off stage, other player hangs on ledge, player dies or recovers high.
There's no interaction between players. THAT'S boring.

>did nothing to help out defensive abilities
Shield dropping was added
>DACUS being bad
fuck yourself DACUS is great

>Makes your recovery not as much of a massive decider in how viable your character is like in ultimate.
Are you serious? Edgehogging would invalidate half of the cast. A lot of characters have few options to recover high.

Because ledge trumping is an even shittier mechanic

Looks really cool
I'll try it out one day whever I get a switch

Attached: ok-hand-cat-5a8700730b1d6.jpg (900x900, 74K)

Ledge trumping is the superior mechanic because it forces you to go out there and actually edgeguard.
Or it would if 2 framing wasn't a thing. Get rid of that instead.

>b-buh my shield drops
Conveniently ignoring the part where I said "like escaping combos". Shield drop upair is just another way to start combos and get lower for free--if you're already shielding on a platform you're not stuck in a combo, trog.
>bread and butter kill confirms are good
brawl / pmfags consistently have the worst opinions. ThundeRzReiGN_ represents you all perfectly.

So much obvious bait.

Instead of just making the game Melee-like without any understanding of why things work in that game, why don't these guys try to actually make their own version of an improved Smash game? They act as if they know better than Nintendo but use all of their foundation when "improving" the new game. The one unique mechanic they added, air dashing, seems like an awful idea for a smash game.

I like the idea of airdashing, however implemented in this way is guaranteed to make neutral a bit more ass-tarded then it needs to be. If your gonna be guilty gear then you better add a way to shield in the air and to make sure the shield isn't over powered you gotta make it 64 levels of bad.

Also how the fuck does wall jump off of nothing even work just like hold in after the airdash or what?

All of this sounds great, finally a mod that doesnt just turn the game into melee, but incorporates things from other smash games like brawl's DACUS and 64's death combos.

They should keep ledge trumping but make it so you don't snap to the ledge when someone's on the ledge. Nerfs recovering from below, but forces the ledge hogger to actually punish the opponents recovery options

if you want a Melee-like game play Slap City or Rivals of Aether.

these mods are usually pretty bad

>get rid of two framing
>Keep ledge trumping

please never design anything in your life ever

autism

There is nothing good about 2 framing.
It encourages players to just stand on the edge on the off-chance they can hit the opponent. They rarely do, but it's still the superior option just for how safe it is.
It holds back the development of any form of actual edgeguarding, more than edgetrumping ever could.

I don't think air dashing works for Smash Brothers, at least not on a competitive level. It's an interesting idea but it destroys stage control in its current state. I'm not sure how to balance it because each thought I have for it just sounds bad

Combo showcase is just ultimate combos sped up LMFAOOO

All airdashing will do is trivialize the weaknesses of characters with poor airspeed, make airdodge a Smash 4-level free resource, a third jump, and make nuetral and aproach completely skewed in favor of characters with big or disjointed aerials (i.e Swordies, Ganondorf, who ALSO benefits from the free speed boost, all but making his low speed and non-factor, Lucas and Ness, etc.)
I can literally only see this trivialize approach for good characters and make it worse for bad ones, like Kirby or Bowser Jr.
Not to say it ALSO won't propel characters like Isabelle and Villager into relevancy with their now MORE campy meta due to airdash-cancelled Slingshot. Which is ironic, because Nyx has gone on record saying he hates Villager.
I can only see this do awful things for balance in the long run, I don't support this decision.

I don’t like the air dashing or ledge hogging.
Everything else is ace. But those are the two biggest things making this basically unplayable. Garbage mod not worth it.

I prefer having to actually have an off stage game

Ledge Trumping would be great if they didn't nerf it from Sm4sh

Attached: 1557562025115.png (1200x675, 833K)

if wanna play melee i play melee not some brawl/tr4sh mod. I just don't like the series anymore melee was the peak for me. good roster, great stages and an amazing soundtrack.

even the ultimate competitive scene is trash, while melee is still hype as fuck.

Attached: 1553916640146.gif (320x230, 99K)

>I don't think air dashing works for Smash Brothers

You are correct it just dosen't. The only way to make airdashing work really is if you made it slow as fuck and as a mix up only, otherwise its just takes neutral,advantage and disadvantage and shits it out the window.

>It holds back the development of any form of actual edgeguarding, more than edgetrumping ever could.

No it dosen't, ultimate niggas are flying off the stage with how safe recovering is. The issue is if you take away 2 frame you take away some of the characters ability to ledge guard completely.

And that explains why PM died

>Melee is hype as fuck

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 52K)

he looks like my fucking dentist

The only Smash mods worth a damn are music ones so you don't have to suffer through the Animal Crossing music for hundreds of more hours.