GABEN RESPONDED IN AN EMAIL ABOUT EGS

In an email answer to a user, Gabe Newell shared his stance with regards to exclusivity in the field of VR, but those same principles could be applied to the current situation with Epic Games. Below is his response.

archive.fo/UERG9

Attached: v6DNdZm.jpg (520x690, 127K)

tldr he says hes gonna buy exclusives too

no he didn't, retard.

Tldr you're a retard

>2016

Isn't that from three years ago?

You should become a journalist, OP.

>However there are no strings attached to those funds
That's a lie. There is a string, you HAVE to release for the Vive.

>you HAVE to release for the Vive
>not exclusively
WOW how horrible how fucking dare they this is fucking disgusting why can't they just give devs money for no reason at all steam deserves the financial loss anyway.
Retard.

What's EGS

Says who?

Who THE fuck cares about VR.

I'm not saying it's wrong to require devs you are financing to release on your platform. That's fine. Valve isn't running a charity. I'm just saying when he said "no string attached" that's simply not true.
Read what he said. It's basically a loan they are giving. The repayments are made via sales on the Steam platform. You really think the devs have the option of not releasing on the Steam platform?

Point to the sentence where he says this and I'll buy you a copy of Cyberpunk.

fuck valve they are treating game developers like shit

>Read what he said.
>However there are no strings attached to those funds - they can develop for the Rift or PlayStation VR or whatever the developer thinks are the right target VR systems.

???

Yes, user's saying that sentence is false, way to go.

As always, Valve is based as fuck.

>...so we are happy to offset that giving developers development funds (essentially pre-paid Steam revenue).

He thinks that Valve should pay devs to make games that they won't put on their platform.

Enfield Grammar School

I too google'd it

Attached: 1534189217882.jpg (1280x720, 360K)

Attached: EGS.jpg (1280x720, 669K)

No, I never said that. What I said is the payments are not made "no strings attached" like claimed. Of course there are stings attached. Why Gabe would claim there aren't right after saying there are I don't understand. Did he think I would have already forgotten the sentence I literally just read before it?

Surely worth the multiple posts to point out.

Why tell someone to read what was said if you're going to make shit up?

I read that as Ember's Ghost Squad lol

You're right. I don't even know why I bother. This place is not full of people who give a fuck about reality. They just want to live in their fantasy world.

Ember's Ghost Squad.

Wait he's giving away free money to VR devs? How the fuck do I sign up?

Wrong user.
They care about shitposting and getting a reaction out of you. Problem is they lack the proper brain to make a compelling troll.

why wouldn't you want to? the VR market is not big enough yet where an exclusive portion of it will result in good sales