Is it worth to hack a nintendo switch?

Is it worth to hack a nintendo switch?
What kind of privileges you lose by hacking it?

Attached: 900x.jpg (620x349, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ismyswitchpatched.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Free online, free games, zero percent chance of getting banned or bricked.

Yeah if you don't want to ditch 60 bucks everytime for games that will never have their price drop.
The only thing with the switch are the joycons though, hopefully nintendo releases a revision where the manufacturing is of better quality

>zero percent chance of getting banned or bricked.
wellllll.... maybe 1%

I found that every game was either worth the money or not worth the time. That plus N64 and Sat emulation still being bad means I haven't hacked mine yet.

If you are worried about a ban then the first thing you should do is backup your NAND and store it in a safe place. Stay completely offline when using homebrew, and when you are done and want to go back online restore your NAND backup.

Remember to use the emunand feature. If you want help with something, go to gbatemp.

You lose litterly nothing if you use emunand. If you don't give a shit about online then don't bother with that tho.

I hacked mine and don’t give a fuck about online, especially since it’s the physical switch that gets banned and not the ninty account. I’ve never played a single Nintendo or PlayStation console online, that’s what PCs are for. I do buy the games I really enjoyed even after pirating them just so it shows there was interest in it in the numbers.

brick switch

Where does the 1% come from?

User error, tracking that we don't know about, it's still possible to get banned with emuNAND.
As for bricking, you'd have to be an absolute retard not to have a nand backup.

>Free games
>Free DLC
>Custom themes and layouts
>Emulators up to PS1/N64 (Possibly Gamecube in the future)
>Ports of classic games like Doom, Quake, Diablo, Doom 3, SRB2, etc
>Free online, kinda
>If you're careful you can set up Emunand for a stock firmware and pay the $20 jew tax for Mario Maker

>Doom 3, SRB2, etc
Elaborate

I really wish I was more careful and didn't get banned. Wish I could play Mario Maker rn. Might get the Switch Mini eventually

How can you find out if you got banned?

If I use emunand for NSPs, and sysnand for my real carts and nintendo online, is that fine? Or will nintendo still detect nsps on the emunand while online on sys and ban me?

As long as you’re not online through emunand you’re fine

How do you get free online? Isn't it a subscription service? Is it like the PS now where you just restart a trial over and over?

How do you know when to breathe?

Online but emunand exists, although setting it up is kind of shitty unless something happened in the scene that made it easier to set up

Just google it. There's a homebrew store for Switch, basically and open source game can be ported, you just need someone to do it. Modern Vintage Gamer has actually been doing a lot of ports himself, he ported Cannonball last year and he just released a port of Diablo.
Almost all Switch games have local multiplayer support, you can use a program called Switch-Lan-Play or Xlink Kai to simulate LAN play over the internet. Barely anyone uses it publicly though, but if you have friends with hacked Switches you can play with them

>and he just released a port of Diablo.
I saw that video. Can someone tell him to at least adapt movement to the d-pad instead of it being analogue exclusive? It would matter a great deal to me, and I don't have a twitter or anything like that.

I really don't see the point because even absolute garbage PCs by todays' standards can play this at max settings. I bet even macbooks can run this. Also it's easily the least popular Doom.

Attached: Capture.png (687x717, 243K)

is it easy as 3ds hacking yet?

If you have a 2017 model, yes
You just need an SD card, a computer, and a paperclip

Honestly have no idea why anyone would install AUTORCM when the SX OS toggle exists. The right joycon will break before the rail does. Fastest way for Nintendo to currently catch people would be checking for that corruption.

>paperclip
??

Paperclip

Attached: upload_2018-4-25_23-22-6.png (962x639, 114K)

You're fine. That's the way to do it. Been doing this for 8 months now.

I hacked my switch yesterday. There's a lot of misinformation going around in these threads so I will clear some things up.

cfw doesn't autoboot yet like 3DS or Vita. If your switch gets fully powered off or dies while in cfw mode you won't be able to boot back into cfw without a "tether" ie: a phone or PC that can reinject the homebrew payload via an application.
The "free online" is a lie. You can use your official paid games with paid online in system mode if use emunand and you are very careful, but the "free" online everyone is talking about is just a homebrew program that only lets you play with other hacked switches.

Despite those two issues I still think it was worth it. It's very easy to do.

Is emunand easy and safe now?

FREE

GAMES

PERIOD

Attached: 8q2xOPv.png (567x568, 318K)

No. There is a chance it can brick but its small also you will 100% get account banned if you go online with a pirated game. And account banned means you can play online period even with games you own

Second. I've checked most of the guides but most just say, "you can install emunand now go find it" instead of it being included in the hacking guide. Is there a noob friendly one floating around?

Putting a paperclip in the joystick slot opens the bootloader. The rest is nerd stuff. You should have been there after the discovery. The shitpost was top kek quality

I'll wait for the Luma-tier CFW to come out before I hack it.

Yes, very much so. I set up emunand with no issues. There are no good guides for it yet though so I had to read documentation from a few different sources.

Basically you need to format your SD card to have two partitions. One needs to be exactly the size of the switch "system". After backing up your sysnand you use the hekate gui and navigate to the emummc options page and create emummc into the empty partition. Then you just enable it and choose boot atmosphere cfw emummc.

Is it worth switching from Kosmos/Atmosphere to Hekate for emunand and their new interface?

Wait until you get better documentation. Let the guinea pigs test it out.

Okay, I have no interest in online play until Pokemon anyways.

I want to buy a switch and hack it
should i go for an sx os or should i use the new method?
What are the compatible switch for emunand?

does kosmos have emunand yet, or that just more shill trumpeting from the chinkware slingers

Kosmos is just a modified Atmosphere so yes. It doesn't cut features, anything Atmosphere does Kosmos can also do once it's updated to match the atmo version those features are from.

If you buy a new switch there's no guarantee it won't have the fusee exploit patched. If your switch has the wrong serial # you can't run cfw on it.
ismyswitchpatched.com/

Check your Switch's serial number, gbatemp has a thread about those. You should know if your Switch is hackable or not by then, as for SX OS, just use Atmosphere

Can you hack newer models?

My internet is shit and I dont have the money to pay for actual games and the online subscription so I bought an SX OS license and installed /hbg/shop
Im certain that I'm arealdy banned so whatever, free games are nice
Absolutely worth it, if I didnt hack mine it would have been a fucking fortnite machine

Not yet, this is not like the DS and Wii days when "hacked" meant the entire thing was blown wide open, Nintendo has learned. For one thing, we will never get anything like Freeshop ever again due to the way they do game certification checks nowadays.

I might hack mine when it doesn't require a fucking paperclip.

I'm sure it'll be implemented eventually, but in the meantime why not just use the ps1 version?

I'll hack mine when there's a coldboot.

>we will never get anything like Freeshop ever again
/hbg/shop is a thing