Where is your CRT Yea Forums? Do you have one, right? Or are you just a pleb?

Where is your CRT Yea Forums? Do you have one, right? Or are you just a pleb?

Attached: IMG_20190702_110848_690.jpg (720x536, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q70-q70r-qled
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

right here

Attached: 20190630_190634~2.jpg (3320x2988, 1.63M)

That's a tiny one we played on bigger than that back in the day

Holy fuck I do not miss tvs that small. Nostalgia or not.
>inb4 zoomer
I just turned 30

At my shelf on which I hold 10 older videogame systems, another, bigger one is on a shelf with 9 other systems in my parent's house. Also 14 inch TV next to it.

>dude go buy this huge piece of old tech that gives worse picture quality
No thanks. I'll stick to dithering and CRT filters if I don't care for pixel perfectness

Dude nostalgia lmao look at me playing on this huge ass ugly tv *siiiiip*

I have a PVM to my left of my computer monitor. It's not plugged in right now though.

> pleb
People still use that word?

Attached: mad.png (185x291, 106K)

>playing Nintendo on a Sony TV
Fug

>Was 6
>1997
>Riding Amtrak with family during primetime Amtrak
>We brought a mini TV with N64 and everything
>And played it constantly in the kids section of the lounge car
Yea sure kids got their ipads and apps and shit but how else would I kick random passenger's asses at Mario Kart.

Attached: 1547254230801.gif (200x200, 288K)

Are CRTs really worth it? I'm moving out soon and I'm thinking of doing setup with PS1/PS2 and N64 but I'm not sure if I should invest money in CRT and all the tech or just connect tv to pc and use emulators.

I might have a problem

Attached: 20190201_230010.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

Am I the only one that feels like the static from CRTs is going to destroy my fucking eardrums? I’m a zoomer, but these fucking shits were a big part of my childhood. What is wrong with me?

I'm willing to pay you if it means resolving that problem.
Those some mighty fine consoles you got there.

Attached: 1561089584002.jpg (500x500, 61K)

I'm just using the same one I had as a kid so I don't know if you should spend money on one, I do like the picture quality tho

>two N64's
Jesus just how rich are you?

whats that thing on the floor

Your problem is your TVs are even older than the ones us boomers had as kids in the 90s

Mine doesn't make static noises but if you touch de screen you might get electrocuted

PVMs are never a problem

2x PVM
2x consumer Trinitrons
2x Trinitron VGA for 6th gen 480p

Kino

Do you have an OSSC or something?

nostalgia? small LCD screens exist too, it has nothing to do with CRT.

Weird things can happen when buying retro consoles nowadays. I got an ogxbox and another for parts for cheaper than other listings had for just a single ogxbox. Could have been a similar situation here too

I have a big CRT with weird scaling, only a SCART input, and subpar picture quality

Nostalgia/10

For the VGA? I have a Garo which transcodes component to VGA. PS2 isn't really good for it because most of it's shit is 480i

I had two. I threw one out.

The other I took the guts and tube out and I'm putting in a diorama because I like the frame.

My N64 and SNES play just fine on my TV.

Attached: kichiiemon-as-hoshikage-tsuchiemon-1921.jpg (362x500, 31K)

i have it and it's broken ;_; i can't turn it on
what should i do anons?

Is that impressive? A lot of my retro consoles ran for 20-30 bucks at various flea markets because the grandma behind the desk didn't know left from right.

Oh I forgot this one

Attached: 20180823_222016.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

rad

>Do you have one, right?

No. I play video games on my 55 inch Samsung KS8000 and every game looks amazing. I play from PS1/N64 and up on native hardware. I am always looking for ways to streamline and improve my setup.

The only issue I have playing older games on modern displays is games with resolution changes can throw it off. I'm fine missing out on these few games.

CRTs are a meme. If you won't play the games on a modern TV you won't play them on an old one.

It's also worth pointing out a lot of people just buy trash televisions and then wonder why old niche hardware looks bad. I had a Westinghouse 32 inch as my first HD television (if you remember when the Dead Rising text fiasco hit) and then I had a Vizio 40 inch after that. On both of these my Playstation 2 looked like abject trash, so I followed the meme, that all old consoles look bad.

Then I dropped $1,500 for a KS8000 and old consoles look GOOD. Not "tolerable", but GOOD. I was playing my PS2 all day yesterday.

Heres the newest model because I can't sing the praises of this line enough.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q70-q70r-qled

I threw mine away 2 years ago and got it replaced with a flat screen that is till 4:3 and I'm so pissed i did games i play on it look washed out and shit

>Are CRTs really worth it?
just get a freebie off craigslist and see if it's worth it for you before investing money.

>Where is your CRT Yea Forums?
I rarely used my TVs so ended up giving them away on craigslist before moving. I kept most my PC CRT monitors since I regularly fuck around with them.

Do you think you might want to get an OSSC for games to look somewhat sharper?

OH NONONONO AHAHAHAHA

Look at mario's hat it's fucking orange. How will CRT fags ever recover.

Is there any other way to play classic games with no input lag, or is CRT the only option?

Input lag and display lag are slightly different. But there are recent LCD monitors with extremely low display lag. But CRTs are generally a good bet for older games since they were designed for CRTs2

Got a commodore 1802, but it allready broke.
How are these things still so much money worth? I get it, they have a really long lifespan and are comfy to use, but no way they are better than a newer monitor

Yeah I love CRTs, it's just I would have to use the original cartridges to play and these days they have problems with saving and stuff. What about emulation?

Depends. The only not CRT set I would use for older games is an oled, via emulation and retroarch to reduce input delay. If you have a nice oled then yeah, I would skip on the CRT
95% of LCD TVs are straight garbage though. At the time, outside of weight and size they were inferior to CRTs in just about every way and that's still true to an extent. Fuck LCDs

>and these days they have problems with saving and stuff.

Learn to solder and desolder. Buy some basic soldering equipment and screwdrivers for game carts.

You'll save hundreds in your lifetime, not just on games. I've fixed a dead microwave, and the dead front speakers in my car with rudimentary soldering experience that I learned for replacing game save batteries.

Attached: Gandalf.jpg (1534x1200, 458K)

Emulation can get very close under the right circumstances. If runahead works with the game, it might actually have lower delay than original hardware. But runahead is hit or miss with compatibility.

Based

>>two N64's
>>how rich are you?
wait wait wait. I got mine in a thrift store after I bartered it down to $30. It even came with the expansion pack. How much do these things go for?

Attached: hold the fuck up.gif (250x189, 396K)

I know it's stupid but can you connect CRT to your PC and just emulate everything?

you can get a flash cart too and for emulation you can use a wii, they are cheap as hell and play anything before the ps1 and some n64 games.

Your only problem is that you should pick up your floor. The late-90s collection part is very flashback in a good way.

Sort of but it's a huge pain in the ass. Using a VGA computer monitor is much easier.

>that attachment with Pokemon Yellow in it that let you play it on your TV through Pokemon Stadium
Good lord I was just knocked over by a wave of nostalgia.

Attached: Panasonic FT2700.jpg (1536x2048, 748K)

Don't buy through Goodwill's online store, day 7 and these retarded fuckers still haven't shipped a tv I bought. They probably dropped it and like the dumbasses they are swept it under the rug and told nobody about it so my order will be in perpetual "not shipped yet" status until I say something.

I'm a brainlet how do I play retro games on a crt? its been so long since I used one

>you can get a flash cart too
I'm not sure how they work but I could give it a try. I've heard good things about them.
>you can use a wii
I did in the past but I hate it.

literally match the color of the cords to the TV's sockets. How have you lived this long being so retarded?

and what if the tv doesnt have colored av ports?

I used to have one, but the colors were washed out so we threw that one out. Honestly I just emulate games and don't have an autistic fit about it.

>I'm not sure how they work
most of the time its just drag and dropping roms.

Then get a TV that does. RF only is shit.
What you want is a tv that can take composite, s video and component

CRTs can literally kill you

I have a LG Flatron, thoughts?

It's less about getting the best picture quality and more about playing older games on a setup that doesn't introduce a ton of unintended latency. Also there are HD CRTs and they look better than their LCD contemporaries because they have way deeper blacks.

>ie, you're an idiot

Attached: 1561984773326.jpg (640x480, 38K)

where my trinitron bros at

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x401, 23K)

So can tide pods but that didn't stop your zoomer ass from eating them.

In a landfill because it broke over a decade ago. I’d like to get a new one though, but I don’t want a huge monster.

I have the LCD version of that tv. Not a Trinitron but a Wega and it almost looks exactly the same from the front but it's like 8 inches thick which was considered thin in its time.

>but I don’t want a huge monster.
13" crts are the most common cause it seems like most people took their 20+ inch crts to the landfill also cause they were back breakers to move around.

its in my parents bedroom

Anyone have a screen crap out on em?
How long do these things usually last?

I have a 1989 and a FV300, I honestly prefer the 1989 trinitron even though it only does composite.

It's right here.

Attached: IMG_20181012_020117.jpg (1578x1571, 357K)

Don't see the need to have a tiny (but very heavy) screen that's stuck at 50hz, especially when I chucked all my consoles into storage years ago. Shaders are enough of an approximation of my old screen.

Also I had to go through like 12 different captchas before being able to post this shit, really fucking tired of being used as a slave to train google's faggot fucking robot cars.

Attached: Net Yaroze 2014 (PAL & NTSC)-190513-122556.png (1440x1080, 3.71M)

Pure mercury blob.

HD CRTs also suffer from latency issues the same as other HD televisions though, and often weigh more than most grown men. I'd avoid them.

>4 pvms
>1 750tvl jvc monitor
>1 trinitron 20' pc monitor
>2 arcade cabinets with crt monitors
>1 19' travel Panasonic crt
Theyre all over the place but the daily use pvms are next to my regular TV.

Have one but never use it anymore.

All my retro consoles are hooked up via JP21 RGB SCART into an XRGB mini into my OLED.

Can’t force myself to go back to my Shitty CRT, the picture is to fuzzy and dark for my liking.

This big fuck counts as a crt right

Attached: empty.png (666x1024, 1.16M)

Sick trinitrons dude. I really need to get my hands on one.

>your consoles right now

Attached: 4567457.png (87x83, 18K)

The Virgin LCD vs the Chad-thode Ray Tube

Of course. Why wouldn't it?

Attached: 1405201592386.gif (200x233, 925K)

Nah bruh. That's a freon operated projectitron. The asbestos inside will probably give you dick cancer.

I do have one

Attached: 813309B6-0A35-401D-AC4F-19AF07CB50E0.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)