Has anything come close this year to beating this as GOTY?

Has anything come close this year to beating this as GOTY?

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-cover.jpg (994x1306, 963K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HaQiiFCFRuDkKtKlLgN_Ju7cl_J2DkgS
youtu.be/VTx0709z2Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=_vNbT8ELLsA&t=299s
youtu.be/2E4WkxsNs3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remake 2

I'm marathoning the entire DMC series; I finished DMC 1, 2 (both Dante and Lucia missions) and 3. Currently on Mission 9 for DMC 4.

Is there any chance I may get worn out and bored of the gameplay by the time I reach DMC 5? Also is DmC worth playing?

*BROCKS YOUR PASSU*

Attached: IMG_7324.jpg (676x471, 131K)

>a half assed REMAKE
>goty
only in a terrible year

Baba is you

Your moms ass

fpwp

DMC V is basically 4 with one more character that has shitty gameplay

guy hasn't made a good game since mgs3 which was damn near 15 years ago

ASTRAL MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN
THE UNDENIABLE GOTY 2019

Attached: 1558194510135.png (640x480, 322K)

RE2, Sekiro and Judgment are better than DMCV.

see

It is the best game that's come out this year (hell probably the last 3 years.)
But it won't win GotY because of the way it handled the female characters.
>California

No you won't get worn out. DMC5 is a perfect continuation to 4. Nero's new gameplay is fun. You're also used to playing a new hero other than Dante in 4, so V won't be a terrible addition when you play him

DmC IS worth playing, yes. It's a decent game with interesting weapon switching mechanics. Also yes you can infinite air juggle and it breaks the game but don't do it if you want to have "fun"

youre going to remember less and enjoy each game less by playing them all back to back. maybe take a break between 4 and 5

>Also is DmC worth playing?
absolutely not. ignore at all costs

You're retarded if you think MGS4 and MGSV weren't genuinely good games.

>California

fugg

Attached: Lady_Devil_May_Cry_Devil_May_Cry_5_Capcom-1575231.jpg!d.png (1600x900, 1.65M)

ah yes I see myself.

They're okay at the very best. Both have insanely huge flaws.

re2
sekiro
Im sure death stranding will be good
and that's it so far. Does smash count as 2019 since it came out so late in 2018?

Yikes. They were barely okay. Not great games.

No it doesn't count

sekiro and judgement are awful
RE2make is decent, but nowhere near as good as DMCV.

They're not. 4 fell for the movie meme, and 5 fell for the open-world meme. DS is going to be doubley as awful because of them merging.

Kys

Literally the only flaw was the cutscenes. And even then any scene with Liquid Ocelot was literally some of the most memorable scenes in the entire series. And the gameplay itself was perfect, as were the boss fights. The only thing people can complain about is the cutscenes, and even then the final scene with Ocelot was kino

Attached: IMG_7326.jpg (640x596, 78K)

honestly not and i didn't even like dmc before playing dmc 5

Attached: 1526482851843.gif (720x404, 3.83M)

>maybe take a break between 4 and

Okay but how long?

DMC5 is only GOTY if you're the kind of person who loves replayability. If you're the kind of person who only plays games once you won't understand what makes it great.

>mass replying
>phoneposter
>metacritic
>"kys"

It takes a special kind of douchebag to defend 4. Hell, even PW was better.

Goty 2k19 contender

Borderland 3
Dmc5
Sekiro
Death Stranding
Astral Chain

Bitch, Judgmentu is the second best Yakuza game second only to Yakuza 0 (which is a flawless 10/10)

If you hate Judgement, fine but just admit that it's because you hate all Yakuza/Shenmue type games

3 unreleased games. Amazing time travelling user

Imagine getting baited by Snake vs Ocelot and accepting
>Big Boss and Zero LARP
>also liking MGSV "I had a Phantom and made him do the thing The Boss hated the most - manipulated him to do my bidding... he was a good friend"
>brown bloom all game
>nanomachines bro
>Mgsv where the world was empty save for a few set locations
>REPEAT MISSIONS IN PART 2
>essentially no loose ends are tied, just more are added
But netacritic score... wawiowaa what a great game...
Kill yourself. Mgs hasn't been good since 2.

>Borderland 3

stopped reading

All reviewers loved the game and you haven't been able to state a single valid criticism except "hurr movie game" buzzword. Yes, it has very long cutscenes and many of them. Is that literally the only bad thing about the game you can find?

MGS2 also had ridiculously long cutscenes

>Judgmentu is the second best Yakuza game second only to Yakuza 0 (which is a flawless 10/10)

jesus christ
fucking die in a fire secondary

if you can play through 2 you can play DmC. Its not as bad as people say, it just lacks the high skill ceiling and combo freedom that the more dedicated combofags like. And atleast get the definitive edition with 60fps.

Judgement is awful, and doesn't even have karaoke.

>0
>10/10

>nu-Yea Forums hating on DMC while defending garbage like MGS4

not surprising really

Sekiro and CTR are better

Imagine being this assblasted brcause you got bamboozled by kojima. MGSV was the weakest in the series but still had fun gameplay.

And if you can accept walking giant nuclear robots but not nanomachines, then you're a faggot. Outlandish anime-tier plots and twists have always been a part of metal gear

And every professional reviewer gave it near-perfect scores. But I'm sure every single one of them is wrong and your opinion that it's a shit game is right, you utter faggot

You haven't even played it, PCück

I duno dood. I aint your dad. Enough time to cleanse your palate, so that you actually WANT to get back to the series. Play something else completely different for a week or two

What's wrong with Yakuza 0? It's literally the Yakuza series perfected. If you don't like it just admit you don't like Yakuza games

still playing dmc4, waiting for dmc 5 turbo mode :/

Not for me personally, even tho i loved both REmake2 and Sekiro as well. But it won't be a GOTY.

Yeah I have to agree.
Usually for me there's year or two gap before I replay a game, and DMCV was a disappointment, because I wasted my first playthrough on Devil Hunter -difficulty, which is piss easy. If I had known you unlock higher difficulty modes by beating tutorial Urizen and that the game was gonna be such a bore on DH, I would have just taken the time to unlock the modes right away.

>It's literally the Yakuza series perfected

That's 5, you filthy secondary.

Not him but critics and reviewers, regardless of the media, are no different from your average Yea Forums poster and therefore their opinions hold no value.
They're just well-connected people who got a space on mainstream media.

>resorting to platform warring because you can't defend your shit Yakuza clone

I can't believe this bait worked.

^actual idiots

It will be a GOTY only after they add Vergil

Attached: 67675674564567678.jpg (540x721, 81K)

>merely pretending

stop

Sorry, you were close.

But not quite.

Attached: skiesunknown.jpg (616x353, 26K)

>DmC IS worth playing, yes
cucks

actually it's even worse because the DMC 4 I know has nice stylised graphics that still hold up today along with Vergil, trish and lady all of which are 100x better than V.

lmao

>hating games
>following Yea Forums's advices

>all of which are 100x better than V.
Fully agree. What the fuck is Vergin's face in V
Also aren't him and Dante supposed to be identical

What's wrong with hating bad games?

I did play the game tho. its why I know you guys are cucks

They have criteria by which they assess a game and outline it in their reviews . Yea Forums shits on a game without even having played it based on pure fanboyism.

>Anime shooter disguised as a flight simulator

No

Unfortunately no and this is coming from someone who thinks DMC5 was an atrocious disappointment and completely unplayable past the first run thanks to V.

I should hate Nico, but I can't stop fapping to her. How does Japan do it?

DMC is literally anime beat-em-up disguised as western mythology lmao

Sekiro, Resident Evil 2 and Ace Combat 7 are all better games.

>They have criteria by which they assess a game and outline it in their reviews
Yeah. It's "I didn't like it so it sucks" disguised with pretty words.

>Yea Forums shits on a game without even having played it based on pure fanboyism.
Agreed. The problem is, professional critics are no different.

Thank you Mr. Reviewer for your objective review

I didn't review it, I called you and your pal cucks

Attached: 1557626396684.jpg (230x255, 17K)

Sekiro is boring. it's a 1 trick pony. the fun you'll have with it is fleeting.

>disguised as western mythology lmao
What the fuck are you talking about? DMC is it's own mythology, it just takes inspiration from western mythology since that's where demons originate from

If someone wants to play some action games similiar to DMC then what the fuck would you recommend them to play? Oh right nothing.

>Shitkiro getting considered for GOTY when reviewers bashed it for its high difficulty
Oof and yikes from me doggy dogs

>it's its own thing!!!
>it just takes inspiration from something very heavily!!!!!!!!!!

you sound retarded rn user

Why should you hate her?

Attached: waufmPzzQPs.jpg (738x1080, 120K)

Bayo or Rising.
Recommending DmC is cancer.

Eveb the worst professional critic will give reasons for hating a game even if they are shit reasons. Most reviewers don't do that though and will talk about what they liked and disliked about a game, whether it's "the combat is repetitive and glitchy" or "the game is sexist etc etc". You may think those are lame reasons to hate a game but with Yea Forums they'll just spout buzzwords like "sõy" or "movie game" without even justifying why or even having played the game

Then you have dedicated 24/7 fan base for games like fallout new vegas which unironically pretend their game is God's gift to earth and stifle any legitimate criticisms

I really disliked DMC4's artstyle at the time and still kinda do, it just didn't feel like a DMC game, and the ingame models look as bad as 5's imo

Attached: DujO4C0V4AAqFMu.jpg (1408x890, 160K)

he meant to write impregnate.

We're basically in hell.

DOOM Eternal would stand a pretty good chance, but let's face it, it's probably going to be some shit like Days Gone, Snorederlands 3 or The Outer Worlds.

>Days Gone

this game is beyond boring what's with all the praise it's been receiving

You seem very knowledgeable about western mythologies user, so please tell me, which mythology is DMC heavily inspired by? Because last time I checked the only thing they took from these myths are names and designs, nothing that has to do with the story

>no visible phatass Kyrie

Attached: 1562043345425.jpg (640x628, 52K)

Beats the fuck out of me. It's the example zombie survival wilderness sandbox that comes with the construction kit for those kinds of games, but I guess because it uses the NEXT GEN tech to render hordes (something L4D was doing 10 years ago anyway) and it has a motorbike, it's GOTY material

DMC5 is GOTY
DMC5 is the best DMC
DMC5 is one of the greatest Action games ever made.

*dabs and runs away*

With DMC you know what to expect.
Ace Combat 7 looked like a serious aerial combat simulator, tricking thousands of plane enthusiasts.

RE2R, Sekiro failed to reach previous heights of From and Baba is You is too niche

>tricking thousands of plane enthusiasts
If you didn't know what Ace Combat was before the 7th game you might actuablly be retarded

Bamboozled how niggy? By making shitty games? He clearly bit off more than he could chew, and the result was the abortions called 4 and 5. You could remove 5 from the canon and literally nothing would change. That isn't good.

Attached: 1.jpg (343x343, 84K)

>wanting realism out of an anime game
Expecting Ace Conbat to be a realistic aerial simulator is like expecting Metal Gear Solid to be a realistic special forces simulator

There's literally been 17 games in the series retard, how the fuck did you not know what Ace Combat was before?

Nothing has even beaten the cover. Nothing can style on the game. Only zoomers wouldn't agree.

You still keep repeating buzzwords and can't actually describe why you think MGS4 is bad

>Ace Combat 7 looked like a serious aerial combat simulator

7/10 - you're pretty good

Ace Combat 7 and DMC 5 and the best games this year

read a book, user

then

have sex

>youre going to remember less and enjoy each game less by playing them all back to back. maybe take a break between 4 and 5
Exactly this
I used to binge anime all at once (End of season) in highschool and i'd only remember half of what i'd watch. Good thing I forgot mostly the moeshit

it's a shitty movie with a few 10 minute playable sections, the only memorable of which is Shadow Moses

I delved into it a little bit in my earlier post. I really don't want to go through the same discussions I went through a decade ago. You can call this a win if you want.

Attached: 1.png (640x740, 688K)

Nope

I'm not even that guy, but come on, are you being disingenuous?

Attached: inferno.jpg (1256x2026, 407K)

The fact that people are even suggesting RE2 shows how idiotic people are.

>Ace Combat 7 and RE2 and the best games this year

fixed that typo for you.

but muh nostalgia remake

>nominating a fucking remake

Neck yourself.

I love my wife Claire

>but let's face it, it's probably going to be some shit like Days Gone, Snorederlands 3 or The Outer Worlds.

TLoU2 is sadly going to win all th big GotY awards

what game?

>Sekiro
literally zero replayability. has bosses surrounded by enemies and almost all the abilities are useless in 90% of situations

Attached: cringe.jpg (866x846, 154K)

It's a better remake than the DMC4 remake.

Sekiro was way better.

The game has changed so much its barely nostalgic, it is just a bunch of people roaring about how great a casualized game is so that they feel like they are in the inside.

Bloodstained is so far my own GOTY but I wouldn't call it anyone else's GOTY.

DMCV was pretty fine, but I'm conflicted in calling it GOTY either.

Attached: 1501588816632.gif (320x320, 240K)

V is great, and the DMC5 haters can go stfu.

fuck me he's right

TLoU2 ain't coming out this year, I believe.

user, are we really going to pretend that DMC Dante is anything like Dante Algieri? They literally only took the name, and the mythology of DMC isn't like christianity
Good to know you were just being retarded, I know that faggot, insulted AC, but that doesnt mean you have to make up things that make no sense

DMC V is arguably GOTY, but the problem is that DMC V is mostly about creativity in combat, and most people just aren't creative enough to realize the full potential of the game. As a result, they will hate on it. That is just the nature of the beast with these types of video games.

>long/many cutscenes

Is that literally your only criticism?

>zero replayability
I had more fun with my 2 play throughs of Sekiro than 3 playthroughs of dmc5.

Also, more people are playing Sekiro than dmc5 on Steam right now. Why is that?

Yes, and it's valid. You faggots shit on games like TLoU for the exact same reason, so don't tell me it's okay when Kojimbo does it.

More people have bought Sekiro. Sekiro being #2 constantly in the wishlist games is telling to the strength of the games marketing.

stop spouting facts

Attached: 1553307297122.png (633x758, 29K)

Kinda agree.
It's more an issue with how easy the game is on DH and most people only play through it once.
If the game was harder, and better at pushing people to experiment with the moves, a lot more people would love it. Also for one playthrough, it doesn't have enough missions for 3 characters.

Because you're full of shit, and Steam is full of retarded plebs who want to pretend they're hardcore?

>DMC4 is the best DMC
>DMC4 is one of the greatest Action games ever made

stop samefagging

>Is OK when Japan do it

>unfinished mess
>best anything

My GOTY 2019 is Resident Evil 2 Remake. Remake or not it was an insanely solid game and felt distinct to its Playstation predecessor.
Runner-ups are Ace Combat 7 and Bloodstained.
Sekiro was fine but it didn't grab me like the Dark Souls trilogy or Nioh did.
Never played DMCV.

Attached: 1561554494417.jpg (334x463, 52K)

>DMC3 is the best DMC
>DMC3 is one of the greatest Action games ever made.

is AC7 cracked?

No matter how good it is, nominating a remake as GOTY when so many other excellent games are around makes you absolute cancer.

No idea; bought it on Steam on launch day.

Attached: 1561657107005.jpg (960x720, 63K)

I personally didn't find the lack of difficulty a big issue, as I always saw the name of the game to be increasing your rank as much as possible (and thus pushed me to be more creative) and not in trying to survive the level.

I kind of agree.

Giving the Game of the Year to a remake just really sends the wrong kind of message I think.

It's an entirely new game on its own retard. It's not just a graphical update

GOTY is nothing more than a popularity contest. If you're talking about a game that kicked the most ass this year, then I agree. This year has been incredible so far though.

Attached: dante-hat-e1544410797304.png (800x451, 375K)

It's still a remake.

it's just shooting the zombies from 1998 in 2019

This.
RE2R is pretty much its own game, not just a coat of paint.

The problem of the game it isn’t that is “unfinished”. DMC4 have enough bosses to be fun and tons of character. The problem mostly the level desing. Puzzles are slow and tedious, leves are too long and you get bored trying to replaying it the final boss is a recycled enemy and the boss before that look uniteresting even if you’re fighting a fucking giant. And the story is fucking shit. Kyrie is useless shit. Credo have barely any screentime and personality. Nico’s father isn’t that bad. Old guy could better better. Gloria plot twist is useless. And is obvious who were the bad guy. Who the fuck believed that Dante is the bad guy? In a game called DMC 4? And having to type of coins is retarded. Red orbs are enough. Only good thing is the gameplay improvmeng

2017 was better

peak gaming

fifth post best post

the amount of people playing a game is a measure of how good it is? By your logic fortnite is the best game right now

b-but it has different things in it so it's a completely different game for reals

So? Sekiro is no different from the five Soulsborne games. Should be disregarded too?

>Why is that?

Because Steam is full of idiots?

It's not a remake.
Stop trying to pretend RE2 isn't a remake.

I was referring to the game's replayability. I do believe that Sekiro is a lot better than dmc5 though.

>Sekiro is no different from the five Soulsborne games

why are RE2fags so retarded

Attached: images - 2019-07-03T013700.752.jpg (739x415, 43K)

>literally zero replayability
well yeah but the same for DMC5 because V makes it unplayable.

I'm ambivalent towards 2017.
I think 2019 has been a better year but 2017 gave me Nioh and Prey, two of my favorite games this decade. Nier Automata was just okay.

Maybe in the entertainment category but certainly not in the artistic sense.

Are you implying Yea Forums is full of smart people?

It plays better than Dmc5

I had more fun with Sekiro, but was happier with DMC5.
Sekiro felt like an extremely polished action game variant of Dark Souls, but with less ultimate depth. I loved it, but it came and went unlike every other of the Souls-esque games From has made.
This came out of nowhere after a decade of a dead series and fulfilled almost all my hopes for it with a level of depth and detail that I did not expect that I'm still getting joy out of.
If Devil Hunter was harder and Bloody Palace was Co-Op it'd be basically perfect.
Either's a contender. DMC5 probably deserves it because of circumstances.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

Cool blog post bro

>replayability

It's plebs who don't have the brain capacity to replay DMCV and keep improving their stylishness, so they replay Sekiro doing to same shit over and over to pretend they're a hardcore gamer.

Sekiro is very different from Souls. It managed to upset a lot of souls fans on release because it didn't play like souls.

t. brainlet

I'm glad. Soulsfags are absolute cancer.

Doom Eternal

If you don't like DMC, then stop playing video games.

Compared to Steam? It's about the same. Both can't even run their PCs properly.

DMC is overrated on Yea Forums. Probably because a lot of people here had a ps3, and it was the worst platform for action games.

DMC fans have become as obnoxious as Souls fans

Spinning in the air with gunslinger is so much fun

2019 has been nothing but disappointment.
KH3 & DMC5 alone had me besides myself they seemed so hard to fuck up.

oh yeah it sure takes big brained boy to play a character with the depth of a kiddie pool that turns invisible by spamming sidestep. you'd defend shit on a stick.

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

No, that's RE2fags.

DMC5 is barely better than DMC4 and DMC4SE is much better than 5

DMC4SE and DMC5 are both great, stop trying to be a snowflake.

fuck off back to discord

but old good new bad

oh yeah, that existed lmao

I said DMC in general, the fact you had to start your fucking tribalistic retardation shows how hard you're trying to fit in.

RE2 is great, but you should never ever call a remake or remaster GOTY. Calling sequels/prequels GOTY is bad enough.

Attached: 1557295341582.jpg (500x628, 39K)

he's not wrong tho. DMC5 added so much that was bad & removed so much that was good.
the cucked devil breaker system.
V
the bland levels
no inertia, reversals, turbo.
lag on jump cancel & guard canceling.

It hasn't even been fixed with mods yet. it's just a mess of a game and it may never get fixed as shit like V, the nidhog hatchings, bland graphics & levels makes people just stop wanting to play it.

I honestly think 2017 was hardcore overrated. Best game that year for me was Cuphead. 2019 is shaping up to be almost everything I ever wanted. It feels like I am reliving the PS2 days. DMC V was better than I ever could have expected.

Same goes for that DMC4 remake that OP thinks is somehow good.

>DMC4 remake

You're an imbecile.

One thing I love about DMC V is that V is always something that makes me want to go back to the game.

Ok fine it's more like a Demake if we're being honest.

V is the worst playable Dmc character even lady plays better

You're cancer and you never tried definitive edition must style + hardcore + Turbo mode on DMD

These casuals

>I'm not cancer, just recommending DmC

okay

I'm so fucking happy that DMCV causes so much asshurt. Goes to show what a great game it is.

Attached: 1562070262531.jpg (684x499, 36K)

This. Thank you

How? he's so bad in the higher difficulties

V is the worst playable character in any stylish action game.

kill yourself retard.

>shit nobody replied
>better reply to myself

Go play Dmc4se your really going to tell me V has more depth than Lady. V can't even JC

>I'm so bad in the higher difficulties

ftfy

DMC5 is the KH3, Skyward Sword, or MGSV of it's franchise

>DMC4 discord trannies still crying to this day

Attached: 1557844289508.jpg (443x471, 89K)

There is more positivity for Sekiro in DMC V threads than in souls threads or even Sekiro threads. This honestly feels like hardcore shitposting.

Wow you really convinced me.

I love DMC V. If I had to rank the characters, I would go
Dante
V
Nero

>v over anyone
what the fuck is wrong with you people

I mean, I have no issues with him.

vergil pls go

What is wrong with you? Did V fuck your mom?

git gud

Isuno Removed features that keep an unfinished game alive for 11 years let's laugh at the people complaining

you're trash.

MGSV is the worst game i ever played.

same here

Why do you consider V better than Nero?

it's impossible not to be good as V. he takes no skill and is broken.

I love TLOU though and think much of Yea Forums's criticism of it is unfair

I agree except:

>Skyward Sword

More like Breath of the NO DUNGEONS wild.

sneed feed seed 5

Once DMC5SE comes out on Next-Gen with playable Vergil, Turbo mode, no loading times, co-op and characters playable on any mission it's gonna be GOTY twice in a row.

You can't get good if there's nothing to him

No Man Sky causes even more asshurt. Is an awesome game then?

>DMC
>GOTY

Attached: 1561976704325.gif (464x270, 976K)

It's actually really good now, so your bait failed.

Plenty of asshurt on both sides.
Classic fanboy divide where one side is disappointed by the game and is angry that someone might call it GOTY, and the other is so invested in the game being good they can't accept any criticism it's getting.
Both sides fuel the rage of the other side.

I love it.

they don't give a shit. they have no more content.

>features
*bugs, which become completely useless with new gameplay features

>tfw love both games and realize they both have flaws

why is Yea Forums so autistically tribalistic

Attached: 1558955220816.jpg (525x525, 62K)

There is hope in these meme threads

DMC 5 wasn't good at all.

Apex Legends

he's boring and annoying to maneuver
easy an easymode character

>god why won't anyone reply to me
>I'll keep replying to myself until then

>11 years
I bet you haven't even been playing that long calm yourself.

lazy shitpost

I just don't find him fun. I feel like I always have the wrong devil breaker for the situation and he feels like a more basic Dante. At least V has a unique feel.

Play with the latest table and tell me how useless they are. you just need the old exe in the extra folder.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HaQiiFCFRuDkKtKlLgN_Ju7cl_J2DkgS

And yet, people are arguing he is unfun because he sucks and isn't good.

it is filled with people who think they're special and unique (not just Yea Forums)
inferiority/superiority complexes abound

you are garbage.

I have never seen a shittier take.

everything in 4 is shit babby it's an unfinished mess game, worst devil arms, worst nero, worst art style, worst soundtrack, dante for only 30% of the game, only 3 bosses, have to fight them all twice, spend more time backtracking through levels than playing new ones, game was rushed and a LOT of content was scrapped.
Always so easy to spot retarded zoomers who started with 4 and think it's good. People hated 4 and nero. Also DMC5 V is a much better character gameplay wise than DMC4 Nero.

How the fuck would DMC5 be goty?
Having multiple characters sounds cool but aside from a couple of missions you are forced to play whatever the game picks for you. Why would anyone want to play as V when you could be playing as Nero or Dante? In fact, Dante, who is literally the main reason why anyone would want to play this game as he represents majority of the gameplay depth, isn't even playable in the first quarter of the game.
Then there's the story which is a boring retread of the same shit as ever. It wouldn't be so bad as basic fanservice, but somehow they manage to make zero use of Trish and Lady. It's quite impressive how small scale the whole game feels because of how few characters are actually involved.

Finally, the aesthetics are fucking trash. There's a couple of levels that look good, but majority of the game look uninspired and bland. I seriously have to question the competence of the dev team because with DMC4, they literally had you backtrack through the same levels from the halfway point and here they just couldn't design good looking scenery. Honestly, how fucking hard would it be? They clearly have a knack for awesome character designs and stylish cutscenes, so why am I running through the same shitty red corridor constantly?

This is literally true with almost any game. This isn't unique to DMC 5.

Nero is designed to be playable even without his breakers, since he is the same as his 4 counterpart, so I don't know what you're talking about
But I guess it's all just different tastes

>supposed to be identical
Not anymore

You can be good at V and still find him fucking boring to play as. I mean you're forced to play him anyways, so you can really see the faults by then.

Fuck Capcom for doing this. The reason they aren't doing dlc is so that you have to buy a 60$ re release with new content.

I haven't (I have 400 hours on dmc4se and 600 on dmc5) but I do see the value in the systems Isuno removed. I didn't understand why the community was complaining until I learned the basics now I do. Isuno neutered Dmc5

Yes but it's incredibly strong here.

There isn't a more blatantly biased, shilly and defensive fanbase on Yea Forums than the dmcfags, ignoring any critcism towards the series and writing off any kind of agreement as samefagging, gatekeeping harder than Soulsfags, and the delusion that this series was ever good past the 1st game. And lets not even get into the fujoshit and degenerate homo posting.

Attached: b7LFZ1Q.jpg (1368x768, 63K)

I never said he wasn't playable without the right breakers. I just said that I constantly find myself in situations where I always think some other breaker that I don't have would help in this situation. Not being able to switch breakers also hurts. He is still playable without breakers, but that makes him an even more basic character who just makes me wish I was playing Dante.

>new content.
"new content" is 2 new cutscenes

OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

DMC4 Nero is better than 5 in some aspects

Hopefully they bring back reversals like how the demo had it, to shut the combofags up, and Legendary Dark Knight would be cool too, and alt costumes

Yeah, that is fine, but my arguments is that there are literally multiple in this thread who say v is bad not because of his style, but because he is bad. And your argument was it is impossible to be bad with V.

I finished DMC V literally yesterday, and I think that RE 2 is still better, but DMCV is amazing.

3 years ago was impossible to believe that Capcom could be back.

Attached: 1527435178568.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Eh, in most threads the DMC V supporters win decisively in numbers. This is one of the first ones I have seen where anti DMC V belief is significantly prevalent. So yeah, this thread is decent proof of your assertion, but I am not sure it is generally true across all DMC V discussion.

He's not the same
>Botched tablehopper
>Red Queen rev during combos removed
>Blue rose doesn't shoot the enemy upwards on its three charge

doom eternal is 4 months away

NEW GOOD
OLD BAD

5 and 4 are both unfinished. But in 4 it's more obvious thanks to backtracking

Attached: 158266814390.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

>writing a comprehensive review/critique of 5
>looking back on the build up and announcement of it last year
>rewatched the Yea Forums Sings Devil Trigger video today youtu.be/VTx0709z2Ao
>remember the insane year-long hype train we were all on
>all that good will, civility and excitement
>now DMC5 threads have returned to the usual Yea Forums bitterness

I know these things can't last forever and that most of us have probably played 5 to death by now, but I just wish we could always be like that, you know?

Attached: louis.jpg (500x375, 47K)

We had positivity for a decent while after release. We had it better than most.

>massively disappointing game
>goaty....
>Just like every year

BOTH GOOD

DMC5 was literally hyped to hell and back due to a decade of blue balls. People expected the second coming of christ.

The fact that the game came out and was largely met with approval is testament to the game's quality.

The intense hype only damaged the game.
Now some people are either mad that the game didn't live up to the hype, and some are mad that people don't think that it's the best thing ever made.

impossible
I must take sides like a child

gonna be kino

NEITHER GOOD

EVERYTHING BAD

I like Ace Combat 7 and Sekiro way more than DMCV.

Judgment's shaping up to be better than it too. And I have high hopes for like 4 or so other games to be better too when they're out.

it's also slower than 4 & 3

>Jewish microtransactions
>goty bros!!

lmao

What is this meme that DMC5 didn't improve on the formula? The game is filled with smart improvements.

They made platforming and movement outside of combat way smoother.
The camera system got completely overhauled.
Movesets got tweaked and rebalanced to be more viable.
They cut down on gimmick enemies and puzzles.

DMC5 is exactly what a sequel should be, it refines and enhances what works instead of trying to completely uproot everything and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Learn about reversal and inertia. I guarantee you'll agree with him

What crack addict is responsible for this

Wow you must have played less than 100 games in your entire life then.

The one and only

Attached: IMG_20190702_203938.jpg (1104x663, 165K)

Tl;dr, Yes but only the Definitive edition.
As user said. DmC isn't bad persay the Soundtrack is "Edgy" but i give it props, its good music for the theme of the game, its also the first game i 100% in the series because of the low skill cap, Hell and Hell is kinda a cake walk I would go for the Definitive Edition because it fixes the mess of the original IE: no lock on and some Edgy cutscenes and Virgins Fedora. 60 fps and I think Turbo mode. also Color coded enemies are changed i think.

Sekiro came impressively close. But in the end DMC5 had more longevity and depth.
Sekiro is just tighter paced and a more balanced gaming experience overall for lack of a better word. Still though, for a new IP that doesn't even belong in the same subgenre of action games to compete shoulder to shoulder with a 10 year old awaited sequel of one of my favorite franchises is pretty commendable.

Ace Combat 7 bronze medal.

Hopefully when people say "GOTY" here they mean their personal picks. Not some westacuck journo dicksucking award event.

Attached: 1556712597346.webm (484x800, 2.91M)

>turbo
Turbo is a Special Edition addition. Vanilla 3 and vanilla 4 (initial console launch) didn't have it.

DmC didn't have turbo before Definitive Edition either.

Pssshh...nothing personnel sweetie, GOTY is mine.

Attached: 1533845230083.png (708x885, 1.4M)

You can play turbo with the latest cheat table

youtube.com/watch?v=_vNbT8ELLsA&t=299s

youtu.be/2E4WkxsNs3I
today I'll remind them.

nope

Attached: hes two slow.webm (888x500, 2.99M)

Is thatta jojo???

No. And that's okay. DMC5 is near perfect as a continuation of everything I love about DMC and action games.

I was very satisfied with what was promised and in the context of the series as a whole. It felt like a great installment. But I have my criticisms for it. Which is good because it means if/when they do a DMC 6, there's clear places they can improve.

Well shit, then Fortnite's more replayable than Sekiro and is far better than Sekiro.

Life is basically hell, and here's 14 reasons why that's a good thing

And without those"bugs" DMC5 won't last as long. What does it say when the hardcore players don't want to play DMC5 without mods.