Is the "Auto Chess" genre going to be the moba killer?

Is the "Auto Chess" genre going to be the moba killer?

Attached: 156509b517a3b9c4d148a546e898f860_big_cover.png (992x558, 856K)

TFT is the only good game worth playing here. The others should be disregarded.

I watched the gameplay and it looks shit so I didn't download it. Not assblasting faggortry here, why do you find it fun? Where is the fun in it? Gameplay doesn't make it look super fun.

TFT managed to have more RNG than the original and stand alone version

The fun is that you build items while trying out different builds to win. I don't think you'll get a whole lot of enjoyment out of it but its pretty good.
This is the major problem, though i'm unsure how they would fix it. Being able to build items helps, but only if you manage to get the items that are good for your specific characters.

>gameplay
i don't think you understand these "games"

It's an extremelly boring game to watch in the first place.

No. Play the game. It's pretty barebones as a genre. TFT is ironically the best one right now and it has a lot of problems and gets repetitive.

Well I was thinking that was probably true after watching the video, but these videos don't exactly shine a good light on what is talking about with the different builds. But is there really NO player interaction during the "auto" part of Autochess? Not even like items or abilities that you can dish out to help one of your pawns in need?
It really looks like it, but I know of lots of games that are boring to watch but fun to play.

TFT cranked the RNG up to eleven.
Underlords has the best item system by far

Underlords is mobile garbage. TFT is infinitely better.

>no new ip
Try harder shill

nah, they're both shit

>Boss IV in Underlords
>Try Auto Chess on Nox out of curiosity
>Feel like I'm bullying people and I'm not even playing that well
The amount of Engrish and spelling errors in it is ridiculous, too.
>Crystal Maiden is "The Source"
>Witch Doctor is "Desperate Doctor"
>Venomancer is "Poisonous worm" (the worm isn't even capitalized)
>Alchemist is "Venomancer"
>Templar Assassin is "Shining Assassin"
>Enchantress is "Unicorn"
And so on

TFT's item dependancy sucks massive balls. Until the devs change that, Underlords is the superior as far as balance goes.

Bring back Run Kitty Run

WHY did they become so popular? I've tried out TFT and it doesn't seem that fun. Did companies pay streamers to play these games? Or did mobashitters get bored with mobas and just don't have any other brainless alternatives.

I like the idea of items being important to the gameplay but it being this reliant kinda sucks

>dota underlords 200k highest peak during release week
>now it can even break 100k
That's what you get Valvefaggots for chasing trends instead of making actual games.

You're just playing a board game with good graphics. It's not especially harrowing, you just draft some dudes and they fight other dudes using special synergies and abilities. Good casual game with enough depth to reward experience.

Yeah the "engrish" is pretty bad however the fantasy mode is pretty awesome because of how batshit insane it is.

afaik, Hearthstone streamers got burnt out by the game and started playing auto chess around a year ago when only the original mod was available. The same happened to me, desu.

streamers will do anything to get that $$$$

No, fortnite already did the job. Dota is already pretty much dead in the west and league has been bleeding players since fortnite blew up.

>though i'm unsure how they would fix it
Possibly display how many of a champion are left in the pool. If nobody goes Lucian, I win, but if 3 dudes go Lucian, I lose. There's too much power in ranking up the star rank. Too much money is dedicated into refreshing for those combinations. Also certain items shouldn't be stackable, like the one that increases your mana % gained per attack. Put 3 of those on rek sai and she is basically invulnerable. Adding more champs to the pool would actually help the previously mentioned refresh meta. The game should focus more on combinations and positioning. It's too heavy on getting 3 of the same dude, which is entirely rng but also entirely dependent on whether or not another player in the lobby happens to build the same character you are, gimping the both of you for the entire match because you won't be able to make a gold until he dies.

I guess I'll stick to ED then, I only have time for one very boring game to be obsessed with.

Didnt reckful show a bounty board on stream once that said something like "Play League for 1 hour and receive $9,000"

Cant wait for Heroes of the Chess brought to you by Blizzard in 2022.

Just check twitch viewers, pcbro.

That's literally what happened with Apex Legends.

Honestly I don't think they will kill mobas since it's completely different type of gameplay.
You're managing rng, honing your understanding of the meta against other players, it's more of a "team coach" simulator.
I really like it, but these games need a lot of content and polish from the devs, TFT is currently winning since everyone played autochess already and Underlords is very close to it while TFT provides an even ground for everyone to learn the meta without being raped by ex-queen players. However when everyone will push the TFTmeta to the edge and break it we'll see the real competition begin. I got to boss just spamming tanks+mages even after the nerf, gods when?

Attached: 1561233497511.png (1920x1080, 2.75M)

>The game should focus more on **synergies and positioning.

very strange how slow Blizzard is when it comes to getting in on something big nowadays.

>though i'm unsure how they would fix it
take out the stupid fucking carousel, allow players to buy/bid for items from a collective pool instead of getting random drops
though RNG = casual = "fun", so they would never do anything to reduce it

>left in the pool
I've seen some bullshit games where 3 people having level 3 warwicks. THREE OF THEM. i don't think the pool ever empties.

auto chess got released like 6 months ago

I've seen games where I'm the only guy with Ahri but I can never find any. shit gets ridiculous

I stand corrected

Why can't nu-valve into visual design? Their ame loks like a mess, the characters are unappealing and have ugly models

Look at it as a 3d card game. There's nothing too crazy or innovating about it.

Underlords>Auto chess>Auto chess custom game>TFT

Ironic how rts-assfagots-slots simulator genre progression has less and less gameplay with each iteration.

This but the exact opposite

The right one is the best

Based contrarian man

China.

The genre is played by China. It's a race to the bottom to get the next big thing there.

Literally all they'd have to do is repurpose HotS into an Auto Chess. They have by far the strongest IPs with the broadest appeal, they would dominate this market if they have a shit.

The fun is in beating your opponent(s), same with every competitive based thing.
Are you retarded or something?

they all have some good stuff that need to be implemented for the ultimate auto chess

TFTs roulette, dota's UI and non-RNG items are the best features that should be in every game

So many Valvecucks here.

>TFT is currently winning
nah. it's underlords. can't beat the mobile population

You mad?

>Valvecucks really believe this