Shenmue 3 backers will be able to get Steam Keys 1 year later

Message from YSnets

Hello Everyone,

Regarding the recently announced Epic Games Store exclusive, all of us here at YSNET, Deep Silver and Epic are taking the matter with utmost concern and would like to clarify the circumstances leading to the decision and offer backers options for moving forward.

As noted in the updates and survey at launch, we had originally planned for PC distribution through Steam. Taking publishing and sales considerations into account, YSNET and Deep Silver agreed to our partnership with Epic Games Store on PC version distribution. As a publishing partner, Deep Silver has greatly contributed not only to sales and marketing, but to scaling up the game so there is more Shenmue III to begin with. Also, Epic Games has been with us from the start of the project when we adopted Unreal Engine 4 for development, and have given us their support throughout the development process.

In response to backers who have requested Steam keys for their rewards, we discussed offering the keys on the day of release. However, coordination with the sales policies of the involved companies was untenable, and as a result we are not able to make a day one distribution option for Steam keys available.

That we are not able to offer Steam keys for Kickstarter rewards at the time of the game’s release is a great disappointed and inconvenience for those backers who were expecting to receive them. We deeply apologize for the unrest caused by the announcement.

Response Policy

Attached: 2ac922ad194bf9bdf6240abb6a8484f24cf4468e.jpg (616x353, 36K)

Based

What really matters is if the game is good.

YSNEED

>if the game is good.
If it is indeed a sequel, then definitely not as the originals were unbelievably overrated.

honestly the only way they can save this is just honor the refunds.
every other kickstarter that promised vita/wiiu and canceled offered another platform or a full refund.

We know Its going to be an "OK" game catered to Shenmue fans.

the e3 2019 trailer for it looks pretty good.

there was a long while there after it was announced where everything about the game looked like goddamn donkey shit. Still has bit of a more cartoony aesthetic than i'd like but at least ryo actually looks like ryo now.

Remember how Igarashi gave Vita fans the middle finger? Yeah that was nice of him.

Just get sleeping dogs if you want Hong Kong open world that bad. Its on sale for 2 bucks.
Shenmue has no market now. Open world has become the norm and there are too many better alternatives out there. You have to be a retard or a nostalgiafag (read:retard) to buy into this shit. Its why they sold out to EGS

Concerning Refunds

Along with Deep Silver and Epic Games, we have agreed that should the above proposal not be acceptable to backers, refund requests will be honored.

Details concerning the refund request process will be announced in a following update. We ask for your patience until that time.

*In the case rewards within your reward tier, such as in-game content, have already been created and implemented, a full refund may not be possible.

>Tim pays for my copy
>now able to sell my key for a profit
Based

Give me a fucking refund you jews.

B A S E D

Attached: normal refund.jpg (749x758, 232K)

This. I sure won't wait a year to play lol. Arrrr

Don't forget this part

Attached: Screenshot_20190702-205010.jpg (1088x310, 73K)

Steam drones absolutely destroyed

>Imma... imma pirate it... eeerrrr...

If it's Denuvo, you're fucked - their games haven't been cracked for months.

>except two weeks ago but I pretend that didn't happen so I'm still l right

Which game?

this is bullshit but at the same time I figured it'd be like that from day one anyway

I dunno I had a PS4 version as what I chose but I'm probably gonna get a refund anyway. This EGS shit soured me on the game entirely. And if they don't let me get a refund then at least I only backed enough for a physical release and hopefully I can resell that on ebay for more or less what I paid.

No way you will get a refund you will happily take your game

take it to the secondhand market I guess

this is not legal

>funded by chinks
You know it isnt

I can't stand reading the Kickstarter comments.
Throwing a massive hissy fit because it's on the EGS.
Fucking idiots don't realize there was no way they were going to make this game properly with only 8 million.
Now with the Deep Silver and Epic money, they're able to not only finish the game, but add in all tons of the stretch goals they didn't reach.
But no. You've waited for over 18 years, but putting it on the EGS is just too much.

Attached: Stretch.png (700x1563, 3.06M)

It is for those who backed the game expecting to receive the game on steam and now faces the possibility of not getting a refund but also not transfering the steam key

fuck off chang. I'm getting a refund.

>
The way I see it, I get to play it, 10 days after it's launch via piratebay and I get my steam key so the full title can gather dust in my steam library with the rest of my "played once and it was ok" titles.

In their latest update, they said people can get a refund if they wish, with details about how to go about it coming in the next few days. They're still fucking going on about how it not being on Steam is the worst thing ever. Do these fucking people lose their shit if they order a Coke and get a Pepsi?

I can only speak personally but it's not about it being on something besides steam it's very explicitly about them selling out to those chinese cocksuckers known as Epic

>chinese cocksuckers
Well you better get used to it. Films are bending the knee to China, games will too. Just a matter for time.

i hope SEGA had nothing to do with this brainlet-tier kickstarter shit
they really don't need not only sonic mostly being a steaming pile of shit but also being chinese sell outs and giving shenmue a bad name

Attached: 1541353530128.png (223x218, 18K)

far as I recall sega has nothing to do with shenmue III besides lending YsNet the shenmue franchise

>Well you better get used to it.
>games will too
Yeah with that attitude you retard. That's why people are pissed off, and requesting refunds.

Christ how can you be this dense.

>there was no way they were going to make this game properly with only 8 million.
Are you retarded? That's just the backer's money, Shenmue 3 got other investors on board after the initial 2 million goal was met in just one day, the kickstarter was just a mean to show there was public interest.

shut up vitagen

OH NO! I have to install another botnet to play games. ON PC! MUH FEATURES

Attached: 1499959923547.png (200x296, 112K)

based

>does the default fortnite dance and dabs

This game was a scam from the start. The people backing it deserve to be fucked. Who the fuck was seriously stupid enough to back something already supported by Sony and while at it being a fucking shovelware Yakuza game.
Based devs cashed in on every possible opportunity and are getting away with it too.

He's gonna need all the money he can get if he wants to complete his five part epic.

Except he didn't. Everyone got refunds.

He's a vitagen refugee, be nice to him.

>his original idea was a 11-chapter series
Why does he think video games are like a tv show or book

Sony only did the marketing. Showing it at their E3 was their support.