Alan wake is back

Alan wake is back

Attached: 20190701_105432.png (720x808, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7M1k1tgq87g
store.steampowered.com/app/108710/Alan_Wake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get wake go break

The first game was a failure. Why even consider a sequel?

It was not. What are you talking about?

Disappointing. Always found Alan Wake to be their least interesting IP and I was hoping they'd make more new IPs.

Because I liked it

yes please, I need to know if Alan manages to come back from the shadow realm and reunite with his wife

Attached: 1391228543699.gif (480x360, 451K)

Are you even buying Control?

Yes, I'm only waiting for review embargo before I pull the trigger.

Attached: 1561675738742.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

Kek

But they're only making new IPs.
They did Quantum break and Control after Alan Wake.
And they both look less interesting than anything they made before.

I think wacky fractal TV show shootan and spooky magic office metroidvania is more interesting than flashlight hiking ft. template stephen king protagonist

I may get the digital deluxe since its 10% off with PS+ but I'm not sure. May just get the base game for 20% off and buy the expansions later
>Control is basically psi ops 2
>Devs on the game even acknowledge it
>Less interesting than QB

Wew lad

Attached: 20190701_110603.png (720x793, 318K)

>reunite with his wife

And his wife's son

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-20 204252.jpg (776x629, 63K)

How is Alan wake. Should I play it? Should i kill myself instead?

No, it wasn't.

>But they're only making new IPs.
They didn't have the rights to make a new Alan Wake until now, Microsoft did

Don't dew it

Finally. Back to the dark place.

Attached: 1496023430464.jpg (625x480, 54K)

Yeah play it. It's not a full priced game even on release though so don't expect AAA youtu.be/7M1k1tgq87g

Because I liked the game and I assume the world revolves around me!

>not making a proper max payne 3 instead

Remedy I beg you

Attached: Becquerel rising.jpg (444x562, 78K)

TONIGHT ON NIGHT SPRINGS

Attached: Screenshot_20190701-111243.png (1280x720, 462K)

>I think wacky fractal TV show shootan and spooky magic office metroidvania is more interesting than flashlight hiking ft. template stephen king protagonist
well youre wrong

I found it very boring but lots of people like it so YMMV

Same here
I'm interested in the crazy funhouse-style setting more than the gameplay

The gameplay looks great. Psi power metroidvania

Could they? Do they still even have it or is it Rockstars' now?

>Spend money buying a literally who IP nobody cares about

Why?

>getting Alan Wake's right from Microshit instead of getting Max Payne's rights back from Take Two

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1300x975, 128K)

They're either releasing Alan Wake or making a sequel. It wouldn't make sense to pay Microsoft a big breakage fee if they're not doing anything with Alan Wake

And Control is wrapping up production. Comes out in August. Next project is probably in the pipe

Attached: CONTROL.webm (820x460, 2.95M)

People losing their minds with this "news" literally just ending their publishing deal for existing Alan Wake properties Remedy could have been making Alan Wake 2 at any point for any platform but they didn't, all this means is ResetShit babies port begging for Alan Wake hoping Sony buys their studio for some reason.

They got the rights back because Microsoft wasn't interested in a sequel.
Maybe the same thing will happen with Rockstar.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a remaster now for PS4

I would read a new novel from Alan Awake.

YEET

alan wake more like alan zzzzzzzzzzzz

It’s on pc and still did poorly i don’t know why they would waste their time porting it to ps4/switch

I remember the day it came out. It was the same day as Red Dead Redemption. The hype was all about RDR. 90% of the vidya sales that day was RDR. Luckily I was one of the few that took Alan Wake instead. I still remember reading the booklet inside the box right after I bought it.
My patience finally paid back.

Attached: manly tear.jpg (400x536, 120K)

We're coming home, bro.
We'll wake up from this nightmare together.

companies need failures tax write off

you seriously think EA made BFV that bad because of SJW's?
they want a tax write off

Granted most sales are from discounted copies way after release but still, there is an audience. Remedy also has a TV show cooking up so it's a perfect time for a Alan Wake sequel, preferable on next gen.

Attached: 12342342134.jpg (515x199, 32K)

I'm guessing the console publishing rights since Remedy selfpublished the pc version years ago.

Attached: 1470921673957.png (1054x610, 826K)

I don't think that's how that works, user.

Might be right but unless it comes out looking like TLOU people are going to pass on it and this is coming from someone that loves the first game and weird sequel

The first Max Payne is the only good game this company has made.

YES YES YES.

How can anyone like MP1 and dislike MP2?

>publishing rights =/= ownership of the IP

His smile and optimism: restored

Attached: Payne8.jpg (564x855, 76K)

>Alan Wake

Eh, it was good but not sequel good. Can't say I care much. Max Payne is honestly the only IP of theirs that's franchise worthy. If they had gotten that back I would have lost my mind.

the second game has a full retard story, gay characters, gameplay is way too easy, AI literally cant do anything to you unless you're clinically retarded and deliberately avoid using shootdodge
its just a boring game

Alan Wake was boring and repetitive. It stopped being interesting after a couple hours.

Whos this evil looking lady

Because it's literally their own title and they might want to develop and publish a sequel, you absolute brainlet?

If Alan Wake were a stoner he'd be called Alan Baked

Heh

what about the soundtrack?

sure could go for some Energizer™ batteries right now

He will be known as Alan Woke.

Its been put on Spotify lately

Alan Wake is an absolutely alright game dragged down by repetitive and monotonous gameplay, yet I still get the urge to replay it yearly. No single aspect of the game feels above average yet the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

I guess I'm just a sucker for Remedys humour, characters and campy atmosphere. God I wish more games had shows inside shows.

Attached: Max12.jpg (572x714, 204K)

*ahem*
FUCK Microsoft and FUCK Rockstar

Attached: 1515600201312.webm (384x216, 183K)

does this mean it will come back to steam

Alan Wake has been back on steam for a while, it was pulled because of the music licenses which microsoft extended.

One of the few 360 games I played multiple times, hope they could remake it with their original vision of an open world map, I actually thought the town and the atmosphere was top notch.

>originally announced as a pc only title
>hailed as the greatest pc game that will forever change gaming with gigantic open world, dynamic weather and no loading times
>absolutely mind blowing photo realistic graphics like nothing seen before
>gets bought by microshit and turned into a downgraded console garbage with absolutely originally announced in it
Gee, i wonder why some people got disappointed by the game.

Attached: (You).gif (390x357, 2.95M)

They sold it Rockstar for 10 million after the first game

actual fucking retard

wake up? break up

Stay triggered, zommie.
This was well before your time.

I only played Max Payne 1 and 2 how is Alan Wake exactly? It looked like a slow paced game which turned me away from playing it

The atmosphere and story is somewhat good, gameplay is pretty cut and dry.

it is slower, and a bit clunky at times, with enemy variety lacking. But it makes up for it in atmosphere and a neat b-movie sort of adventure with a few stand out sections.
But if you're the person who doesn't give a fuck about atmosphere or story, then you'll probably hate it.

>originally announced as a pc only title
I was announced as X-Box 360 exclusive, you dumb tranny.

I thought the problem was always with the music license?

Nope, it's always been MS.
Even since the early 360 days, devs have hated working with them, and come out of a deal, soured from ever working with them again. It's why they struggle to keep studios like Sony.

I hope there's a remaster.
Alan Wake, Quantum Break and SC:Conviction are literally the only microsoft exclusives I've ever been interested in.

They're currently working on an Alan Wake tv show and I honestly think that's a better route for this series. The gameplay is repetitive and boring after episode 2 and the story is the only thing that kept me playing it. American Nightmare was almost unplayable for me.

I like the Alan Wake prequel short films more than the actual game.

Attached: alan wake prequel.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

oh sweet
I thought Alan was gonna be stuck in the dark place forever. Maybe he will get out now

Alan Wake and American Nightmare are on Steam you dummy

store.steampowered.com/app/108710/Alan_Wake/

Is there going to be countless articles of how Alan Wake is a masterpiece and how the world immediately needs a sequel now that Microsoft isnt involved

probably not.

>Control is basically psi ops 2
You fucking wish
It doesn't look anywhere nearly as good so far