Paradox Interactive: "The 70/30 revenue split is outrageous"

>The 70/30 revenue split offered to developers by most platform holders is "outrageous," according to Paradox Interactive's Fredrik Wester, who praised Epic Games' efforts to offer a more reasonable alternative with its own store.
>"I think the 70/30 revenue split is outrageous," he said. "I think the platform holders are taking too much money. Everyone in the press here, just quote me on that."
>Steam takes 30% of revenue from the majority of games on its platform -- just like platforms operated by Microsoft, Sony, Apple and others.
>However, Wester suggested that the 70/30 split was based on a model established by Warner Bros. in the '70s, for the distribution of films on boxed VHS tapes.
>"That was physical. It cost a lot of money," he said.
>"This doesn't cost anything. So Epic has done a great job for the whole industry, because you get 88%. Fantastic move. Thank you very much."
>"I think it is, especially for new developers. They have lower margins, to get into the market. But I think it's also a matter of decency. I mean, how much does it actually cost to deliver a game?
>"When the competition is low, the platform holder can get a big share of the pie; as competition increases, they need to lower their part of the pie, as well. That's how the market works, right?"
>For his part, Sweeney has publicly stated that it will abandon its exclusives strategy if Valve changes Steam's revenue share to offer developers a more favourable deal.

At the end of the article Raul Rubio says that steam is too overcrowded for new games for them to compete and that's why the EGS is better. Comment was just too long to c/p it.

archive.fo/k3AnT

Attached: smug sweeny.jpg (270x378, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2267518
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I genuinely can't get over how much he looks like that shifty dog that ate the remote

there's nothing more outrageous than paradox's dlc

>maaaan *releases balance patches as dlc* this *creates hardly functioning engine for all their games* split *adds dlc content to the base game but locks it behind a paywall* is *makes 20+ dollar dlc to be able to play as an island nation* unfair

I'm no idealist so I'll buy the games where they are cheaper and more convenient, or the optimal mix of the two, but all things equal I'd rather see devs get more money than Gabe or Tim. 30% is a lot. A grocery store usually works with margins of low single digits.

>Paradox
>the guys whos dlc is double the price of base game
>complaining about money
Like pottery

>Parakike

>>However, Wester suggested that the 70/30 split was based on a model established by Warner Bros. in the '70s, for the distribution of films on boxed VHS tapes.
>>"That was physical. It cost a lot of money," he said.

Horseshit. The split is a fuckton worse for actual physical for vidya, and an entity like Steam by and large actually uses those revenues to create a better platform for both developers and customers. Tim's storefront wars will never actually change the split for the console space, so anybody shitting on Steam for being greedy with their split is just being greedy themselves. If the market is too oversatuated with vidya to sustain itself, the market will inevitably self-correct with studios and indie developers going under until a stable amount of games are being made (or the devs realize they need to focus on a niche audience to sell to who will be assured to buy their games)

>focus on this one thing!
>don-'t focus on chinese spyware!
>don't focus on scummy devs breaking crowdfunding promises
>don't focus on the shitty store with no working cart/reviews and more issues
>don't focus on us being the ones killing competition by buying exclusivity removing choice from the consumer
>don't focus on the CEO being a compulsive liar
>don't focus on the negative media attention for all these failings, only paid mouthpieces
>don't focus on how the vast majority of games on the platform are shit, but it's exclusive shit
>don't focus

>We'd like more money per sale

AMAZING REVELATION.

Paradox being greedy little jews like always

How about you release a finished game for once in your life that won't take years of DLC to feel like it's complete?

>Paradox Interactive.
>Opinion ever fucking matter with how much their "games" actually cost.

Probably the worst developer in the industry when it comes to greed, they release fake patches to their games only to advertise little DLCs that do almost nothing for the actual game.

Attached: PARADOXLUL.jpg (657x621, 76K)

hahaha

>30% is a lot.

Then you'd have a heart attack seeing what devs take home from physical sales

People buy Paradox titles at launch instead of waiting for all the DLC to be out and at least 50% off?

>double
eu4 (a game that came out nearly 6 years ago) costs like $200 with all dlc

>gives normies a valid reason to pirate games

based

Attached: 1561846053285.jpg (986x681, 120K)

Yet he's not outraged at the returns from retail? Once upon a time, people were saying 70/30 was a godsend. I guess greed swells quickly when you're already making billions.

Attached: 1453317356096.jpg (526x319, 34K)

>It costs nothing to host your product on the servers, provide constant forums and feedback options, publish updates to your title for free which companies like Microsoft and Sony charge for, provide VAC servers as an option for your online infrastructure if you want it etc.

Pic related, it's Fredrik. Steam isn't magically hosting your game at zero cost. They have to accommodate for service expenses you get with Steam when you choose them as a platform. Anybody who thinks Epic can maintain an 88/12 split when they inevitably add more features they have to maintain is a complete moron.

Attached: 1560800039965.png (500x523, 259K)

>I think it's ridiculous
I don't. also new developers don't get 88% because Timmy Tencent won't let them on his store.

zoomers don't buy games physically

Attached: 1288581686042.jpg (1600x1200, 224K)

70/30 might be much but >it costs nothing
Then why do the servers crash (or used to) during big updates or releases (when those existed)?
Maybe lumping in the producer cuts chops down the revenue much further, but remember you need a producer when you have someone publishing your games in a store.

I kind of understand the split for consoles because they provide devkits, middleware, and consultation support when developing games for the platform, plus they maintain a proprietary network & often help promote the game

What do steam do that deserves such a big slice of the pie?

Attached: 2eqdn0.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

The DLC is neverending though. There will always be a new, nearly full price "expansion" out when Paradox puts on a sale. Even with a 50% discount the price is outrageous.

How much is 88% of 0 dollars?

>This doesn't cost anything.
I'm sure hard drives, bandwidth and encryption cost a lot more than VHS tapes. It's a good deal.

>literally stating you will keep doing something until another business changes
ISNT THIS STRAIGHT UP EXTORTION???

>Paradox
of all the publishers to speak out its the nickeldimers

Literally every thing steam offers. Regional pricing, cloud support, servers, VOIP, they take care of fees, credit cards, hosting YOUR game, letting people all over the world buy and download it.

The money won't go to devs, it'll go to publishers (apart from indies with no publisher). Which is a whole other can of worms nobody ever brings up.

See
They provide far more bonus services than consoles.

>"This doesn't cost anything.
yeah, server farms literally grow from trees after all. And the people who work them do it for free, by pure benevolence.

Isn't it kinda fucked that we went from a relatively expensive system of distribution to a more streamlined one and instead of passing the efficiency saving on to gamers, it all ended up lining Gabe's pockets?

They should set up their own cloud if they think it's no big deal to do so. It's likely more complicated than making whatever crap game they plan to make.

No actually, it's lying. No one seriously thinks Ebin will stop bribing for exclusives is Valve drops their cut.

Still better than it going to the middle man.

Good
Strip the consumers of all their perks
Fuck the consumer, fuck the plebs
FUCKING SLAVES

Paradox would actually need weight to throw around to be threatening. Truth is, they're a niche dev who already make a killing off a small group of devoted retards, and they're just throwing a tantrum. Nobody in the industry actually cares.

I, as a customer, don't care about how much revenue they get, and unless the service is better (Which doesn't take much actually, just offer no service at all outside buying the games and downloading them with no added shit and bloatware like GOG does) and I'm sold.

I won't bitch the 5 shit AAA games I never cared about are exclusives either, just don't bitch back when I choose I won't use your platforms due to the caveat and shit

Seems more like obliviously committing PR suicide.

Some publishers have been smart about it at least, Sega said they've built up too much of a relationship with Value and their users to jump ship.

No, because the middle man actually does shit. The big publishers are the biggest blight on the industry right now.

Paradox is the last company in the world you want to make a statement like this.
Biggest bunch of jews

>Paradox praises EGS
Can't say I'm surprised. Good thing I didn't plan on ever buying one of their games again anyway

Attached: 1552947195480.jpg (550x690, 378K)

>it all ended up lining Gabe's pockets?
Nice try Epic shill

>hurr durr muh dlc
and yet you still buy all of it, even the fucking mongol faces

Attached: Fredrik Wester.jpg (1280x1920, 201K)

People wouldn't use publishers if they didn't do anything.

I don't get how they expect people to believe that they'll becoming less competitive if Valve becomes more competitive.

he's so hideous

Attached: Tim Sweeney buys an exclusive.jpg (2595x3069, 380K)

>For his part, Sweeney has publicly stated that it will abandon its exclusives strategy if Valve changes Steam's revenue share to offer developers a more favourable deal.
So, a revenue split Sweeney himself said isn't stable? Do these people think the userbase is that retarded?

I like when I could just buy the game of the Paradox Store and download it there. I was upset when they moved to Steam only, now they're moving to Chinese Botnet?

>and instead of passing the efficiency saving on to gamers

The 30% take is already much lower than physical, and you're a complete moron if you think publisher (who set price) would ever pass the savings onto customers outside of blatant PR moves like Metro Exodus

Well depends first if EGS ever gets a shopping get, so let us not get optimistic that they will add features similar to what steam has

That's fine. If they go off Steam I'll just pirate the name game as well. At least on steam I'm buying the base game

This is why Valve hasn't even acknowledged Sweeney. They're calling his bluff and they're going to laugh when the EGS ship sinks.

i don't, nice try though

>paradox
>ban kebab

Attached: 1561845525263.jpg (475x482, 37K)

>it's another one chinkoid thread
>and of course jannies won't do shit
Fuck this board.

This. No reason to buy the game if the store it's on has zero features worth a damn

Shilling for the EGS is a litmus test and the sooner you realize it the better

>digital distribution
>sell 10 million copies
>a couple of hard drives in a datacentre on each continent, a fraction of a percent of the usage of your existing network infrastructure

>physical distribution
>sell 10 million copies
>Have to manufacture 10 million cases, 10 million covers/manuals (in different languages), 10 million discs, shipping 10 million copies to stores around the world, deal with returns

>embody the eternal jew with their DLC policy
>BUT WE NEEDZ MORE MANEY
Literally no remorse from pirating all their DLC

Steam was complete garbage at launch even with that 30%
It took them more than a decade to stop being complete shit

>praises Epic's revenue cut when Discord and especially itch.io offer better ones
Hmmm, I wonder why that is...

Can we all take a step back and remember?

Attached: epic jar.jpg (650x695, 206K)

>Paradox

Attached: 1453574730276.png (950x572, 413K)

>when the EGS ship sinks
Lmao won't happen. Fortnite alone could keep them afloat.

Epic still doesnt have a shopping cart. A basic online shopping feature for 15 years now

>>"That was physical. It cost a lot of money," he said.
>doesn't cost anything
yeah sure thing, electricity and maintenance-crews are working for free now
also Steam gives you a bigger potential market-share than any other distribution-method world-wide

>valve could be profitable with 1% tax on games sold (According to the biggest video game analyst)
>still stealing 29% more from devs
>we're supposed to applaud and defend them

smfh

Attached: 1559509245577.jpg (800x1068, 379K)

This smells like a prelude to VtMB2 being announced as an Ebin exclusive.
Timmeh must've waved a fad wad to pull that one in.

You shouldn't need a litmus test to know that Paradox is nothing but a Jewish husk anymore

Attached: 1535364388515.jpg (460x640, 61K)

>B-but Steam in 2003!
Every single fucking time. Engrave it into your skull: you're competing against 2019 Steam. Wriggling your way out with that is fucking pathetic.

Yeah but that's extortion. Literally threatening another company to make them change their company practices.

Yeah crazy how literally the first online game store from 15 years ago was bad and then got better.

Even crazier how an online game store made NOW is even worse and has no intentions of improving itself in anyway because they think forcing pissed off users to install it is the only business strategy they need.

This, it's a lot more expensive to support a platform that serves millions of users than developing any game from Paradox's library. He thinks he's going to get more money from being on EGS, guess we'll wait and see what the numbers are for the next Paradox game.

Nigger that also means that the EGS has more than a decade of prior knowledge to use to gain an advantage and they didn’t. Bait or not made me reply

Attached: 1531071404308.gif (279x199, 305K)

9 000 000 000 of revenue wasn't enough in 2018. They barely have money for gaben doritos

And through that entire time, Steam was always the leader in featured. Steam's now is the standard, and excusing a modern store for being like 2003 Steam is facetious.

>stealing
>devs agree to it
Good bait, retard. Fuck modern devs

I was referring to Timmy Tencent actually, not paradox. Paradox is just being a retarded cunt.

but the consoles offer all these services too with the exception of a system-wide anti-cheat system like VAC, although they do offer moderation services

>publish updates to your title for free which companies like Microsoft and Sony charge for
they haven't done this for years, and did you notice how the quality of games on release has declined rapidly since they stopped charging?
It's almost like threat of financial loss made publishers want to release finished games

Is it though? More importantly, why is it so important to you to pay as much as possible to Gabe?

Free game if that's the case.

This has to be a joke.

Attached: 1560784546121.png (768x768, 322K)

Conclusion of this thread/

Attached: 1559205620855.jpg (1024x457, 64K)

I hope Paracuck fucks off and makes themselves epic exclusive and fucking dies.

>devs get a better split
"So, since you're getting more money, will that equate to cheaper games and less DLC/microtransactions?"
>WHAT THE HELL, OF COURSE NOT YOU STUPID ENTITLED MANBABY! NOW BUY ALL OUR DLC AND BE HAPPY FOR THE PRIVILEGE!

At that point I hope you lose 90% of your revenue stream, you assholes.

Attached: 1436284767739.jpg (512x512, 83K)

>jews want more money

Color me surprised

Friendly reminder that Amazon had a shopping cart on their site in the late 90s and the EGS can't even get one working in 2019

Underrated

Fixed it for you.

Attached: yarhar.png (245x277, 56K)

>DLC gamefixes interactive is hungry for more money
wow woah stop the presses
>paradox buys prison architect devs
>first update since purchase is a colossal broken mess

>PR suicide
>Paradox
Johan or Wester could livestream themselves beheading one of their fans ISIS style and their retarded paypigs wouldn't care

>paradox supporting idiot jews
Why is this surprising you? They're a trashfire publisher, they're literally more jew and fuck the consumer harder than koei tecmo which takes a massive amount of doing.

But lol
>too overcrowded for new games to compete
Standard faggots expecting to spend no money on marketing, pocket the money themselves, and simply have steam advertise for them on the front page.

They do have a shopping cart, it's just hidden because tim is dabbing on steamcels

Sony and MS cuts are really only for paying server costs for the store
The premium sub they offer include stuff like cloud saving pays for that
Steam has no premium sub model, so that 30% pays for all the extra features you get.
Look at origin or battle.net storefronts, are they as good as steams? They get more money from sales compared to steam.
Of course steam isnt without its flaws, but has definitely made it really easy for new devs to publish games along with the ability to use features that other anons have listed

>when they inevitably add more features

Attached: 1523333175820.jpg (222x227, 6K)

>it’s just hidden

Attached: 2A2732D6-3D78-4EB5-A6B8-D944B92FD1C9.jpg (300x213, 16K)

>charge $300 of DLC per game
>WOW STEAM AND CONSUMERS ARE GREEDY FUCKS, PLEASE GIVE US MORE MONEY

But Frank, how can I buy all of your DLCs on EGS?

I always pirate steam exclusives because i refuse to support company created by FBI. But i don't think that's the conclusion of this thread

>be steam
>take 30% cut
>use that money to invest in infrastructure, store updates, quality of life features, virtual reality tech, advancing Linux as a gaming platform, etc.

>be Epic
>take 12% cut
>force developers to work 100 hours a week to shit out more fortnite updates

Really makes you think...

Attached: his smile and optimism eternal.png (328x324, 150K)

>I'll buy your game with money from the Chinese government and create exclusivity on a platform previously free from it because I'm a subhuman bugman

I'm not giving money to the shitters that made fortnite.

Attached: ANYTHING.png (556x553, 380K)

Imagine failing this hard at economics. You know this can just bd flipped back to you and I can ask why do the devs deserve more money? Because they made the game? That's it? Well okay, since they get a higher percentage, where is my discount? Oh, I'm supposed to pay the same amount anyways? Then why should I care who gets it? Neither option benefits me outside the services provided by the platform. I don't care to give Gabe more money, but Steam is objectively a better service for consumers. Not rocket science, retard.

Can the epic shills write one paragraph without saying Steam?

Attached: 1540321071692.jpg (557x589, 49K)

unironically, it's true. They had shopping cart in their unreal marketplace

>(((According to the biggest video game analyst)))

>Six months for a shopping cart

Attached: ebin.png (280x374, 8K)

Whoa Stephen King old

Good thing Metro ended up being shit. Saved me money.

Maybe they should stop hiding it then?

Attached: 0F9AA418-9A56-4FE2-A63A-708EBDB707F6.png (330x290, 8K)

Michael Pachter said it, and he is right every time outside of some guesses where he has half the info.

Valve is slowly killing gaming industry, if we don't stop them stadia will win

Attached: 264981421512.png (1106x1054, 272K)

Steam doesn't purchase exclusivity rights from publishers like Epic. If Steam has exclusives it's at the freredom of the publishrrs, no money under the table.

>Slavery is ok, they agreed to it, the ones that disagreed are dead tho haha

Okay this image is the worst shitpost I've ever seen. Especially with Telltale.

Taking the money is also freedom of the publisher you moron.

If Pdox thinks that I will buy there autismo map painters on ebig store then they are wrong. Then again, they only have one good game anyway - crusader kings II

Do you really think anyone is shilling Epic here and not just falseflagging trying to rile you idiots up?

They still won't do it because they know that at least 80% of their playerbase is on Steam, appreciate Steam's modding support, and appreciate Steam's sales so that their otherwise scummy DLC practices is tolerated

Even amazon in the 90s had a shopping cart
Many other online stores st the time as well
Why cant EGS today?

As an indie fag, having to pay 1/3 of revenue is just absurd. Fuck you Gaben you fat piece of shit

more like freedom to fuck yourself over lol

>paradox complains about not getting enough money from their scammer DLCs
>"there is nothing more outrageous than paradox dlc"
I dont want to call you a blind fool, but...

>hurr why is it more expensive to advertise my product at a busy city center than next to some isolated dirt road?

Of course I would get a totally retarded analogy in response. 4/10 for getting two replies out of me.

Are we in some sort of bizarro world where Yea Forums actually believes Patcher for anything? Holy fuck what happened to this place

God I wish Steam would kill more companies.

dumbass

gabe deserves it for being based and not owned by chinks

>Paradox being jews
gee, who woulda thunk it?

I agree you shouldn't care who gets the money, unless we're talking about funding serious immorality, which is why I originally said all things equal or comparable.

If Steam achievements, shopping carts and shit have value for you, that's something you should care about (even if it's pretty embarrassing). But for me, who don't fall for incelbait, if a game costs the same in two stores and there's no extra cost to me choosing one over the other, I'll probably buy it where I can fund people who actually made the game over the middle man.

Yes, I've actually failed an economy once course but I've also passed very many of them. The market isn't meant to be a dogma but an explanation. You can, and should, still act like a human being. Economics is merely the attempt to explain aggregated human behaviour and not a rulebook for our lives.

>implying there is more valvefags than epicchads on Yea Forums

Attached: 1561192763191.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

Did you even read? The point is the market is fair for consumers, the guy I responded to was crying about steam exclusives, but their exclusives are down to dirty dealings

>Paradox
>The company who cut content from their base games just to sell as DLC
Reminder to always pirate Paradox DLCs.

Should I start pirating their DLC? Getting pretty sick of their shit. Stellaris DLC is easy to pirate, right?

>crusader kings II
The last good game Paradox made was Vicky 2, CK2 is pleb garbage

>I always pirate steam exclusives
What, you mean a bunch of old ass games from pre-2010? How the fuck do you boycott something that hasn't existed in years? The only "Steam exclusives" you can even boycott is a shitty card game, Auto-chess and some meme VR games.

>Pachter

Attached: 1415260078312.png (588x409, 13K)

>pro-Epic meme
>bad English
thinking.jpg

>Always the developers that already make more money

Attached: kemonitom.jpg (480x480, 30K)

Wtf? I love Steam now.

vicky 2 is just another map painting tism game. At least ck II is good for RP.

>dirty dealings

Why the fuck every steamcell act like he's 14?

>and instead of passing the efficiency saving on to gamers
are you dumb? first of all, pc games vastly decreased in price due to gabens sales, like massively. it's only in the last few years the sales have went back to being garbage and full of expensive shit again. secondly, no publisher, corp or dev will EVER "pass the savings on to gamers", it'll never fucking happen, they will pocket the savings for their shareholders or ceo or whoever else

Always. See: HoI4 they didn't add the option of changing your supply lines until the latest DLC. Fuck them.

>filler response
>haha I won!

steamcucks in a nutshell

Is it not already?

>You can, and should, still act like a human being.
Which is why I won't download chink spyware. Otheriwse I would agree with you on using multiple storefronts. Hell I use GoG for CDPR games, but GoG isn't a piece of buggy trash like EGS

I suppose you're right that slaving to memes is extremely human-like.

You deserve it for being an indie fag.

>have an El Captian MacBook
>Want to give EGS a fair shake
>download
>it doesn’t work on this version of OSX

>Steam isn't magically hosting your game at zero cost

You're a negative iq ape if you actually took this from what he was saying. The idea is that the cost of steam services is negligible due to how storage scales on the cloud.

>i once saw a 10 min video from my favorite youtuber, I know better than the experts actually making a living doing this!

Pirate all the DLC from every game they made starting with CK2
It's super easy to do

Sekiro,dark souls,dmc V,monster hunter world.
I could go on and on, but that would be just a waste of time.

>Have to manufacture 10 million cases, 10 million covers/manuals (in different languages), 10 million discs, shipping 10 million copies to stores around the world, deal with returns
literally cheaper than letting server run with the data stored on it for 3 years or more

>I'll probably buy it where I can fund people who actually made the game over the middle man.
>but I refuse to support itch.io or Discord even though they provide better revenue cuts

Attached: 1529097882557.png (1000x1000, 126K)

Of fucking course it's Paradox

enjoy your $60 triple A faggot simulator, faggot

There's absolutely no consequences pirating the DLC right, even though it's on Steam? I don't think anyone's ever been banned from Steam for something piracy related, just VAC bans for cheats, right?

>"exclusive"
>no exclusivity contract

Then sell it on your own website or platform.

Oh wait, then you wouldn't sell as many copies, ergo steam and digital sites actually provide value.

indie devs in east europe are capable of it themselves

*publishers

Devs don't see a dime.

> That was physical. It cost a lot of money," he said.
THEN WHY DON'T YOU LOWER THE PRICES YOU GREEDY FAGGOTS

oh wait that was one of the biggest lies about digital distribution that was sold to consumers during the 360/ps3 era how "digital distribution would make games cheaper, plz buy our consoles"

>(According to the biggest video game analyst)
hint:
Analysts are fucking retards, he will watch you eat a soup in 10 minutes and calculate that you need 164 soups a day to survive

Not an argument. Stay mad.
>filler response
Yes, that's what you did instead of making an argument, faggot. You're free to try though.
Are we still in the internet age where calling facts memes to discard them as a coping tactic? Sorry, but the dataminers already beat you and it can't be denied. Being late the party or ignorant of this isn't an excuses either.

These games are exclusive, i don't care about your mental gymnastics.

Attached: 218940125710.png (1426x752, 153K)

It is kinda sad to think that he is actually trying to smile in this photo. What is wrong with this human being?

Indies are the biggest EGS shills though, they deserve to be boycotted.

Itchio is a bit obtuse, but I've used it on occasion. Discord is also owned by the chinese fuckpuppets EGS is and anything to keep from egregiously expanding their 1984 big brother program is good.

Exactly. Pirate the DLC.

>Look at origin or battle.net storefronts
ew no

Business is making you look good while making your opponents look like screaming abos. In this case Sweeney is offering a deal that's fucking bullshit but steam is still the bad guys for saying no.

>Michael Pachter said it
>and he is right every time
now this is bait

This so much.

Attached: 1556122987829.jpg (720x720, 77K)

user, you don't even need steam running to play Paradox games.
Just go into the install folder and launch it, you'll see Steam doesn't even register you as playing it.

>"I care about games not being exclusive" fag turns out to be "why the fuck aren't these games on the Epic store"

Unreal marketplace =/=EGS
Two different teams would be in charge of both and by the looks of it it is the interns who got stuck with EGS dev work
Also
>roadmap had store listed for 6 months later iirc
So theh even rushed the "store" out and couldnt get one basic feature ready

>This doesn't cost anything.
Then why aren't they selling it from their own site exclusively?

r u srs rite now

A company that is making billions each year while doing nothing is clearly evil.

you forgot the part where communists from china pumped hundreds of millions into Epic allowing them to buy exclusives and run their store at a loss Chang

If you're image is so true smartass then explain to me why I can't buy Hades on GOG or Humble Bundle despite every single other Supergiant game being on those platforms.
They stripped exclusivity from many stores, not just Steam.

>paradox

Attached: 1487524423264.jpg (410x416, 48K)

And consoles you get less of a cut what the fuck you on about nigger.

Then build your own infrastructure and do it yourself if it's not that big a deal and doesn't cost anything. Real easy solution buddy

You are funny guy, thank you

Attached: 1561287291687.jpg (1680x1306, 464K)

hahahaha no

Do you think they run a server for each game?
literally just some space on a few hard drives, electricity and network costs, and the network costs only apply if people are downloading (i.e. buying) the game, so it's cost is immediately offset

6 months*

>*not counting how many months it gets pushed back because games still have to be manually added to the store by hand

Based on the buildup to and launch of imperator Rome I'd say that Johan is a walking PR suicide, or rather a sitting one since he probably writes all that dumb shit on their forums from a chair.
t. disillusioned former paypig.

>Instead of just about the entire board being unified against shitty practices that negatively affect vidya, people now falseflag as supporters of whatever shitty thing is happening for (you)s

Sure people have always done it to some extent (even before (you)s), but never as much as they do now. This place has changed.

>How storage scales on the cloud
>The cloud
Luddite falling for marketing buzzwords trying to make an argument. Ho boy.

>distributor is at fault for the publisher only giving him copies of a game even though the publisher is under no legal obligation to do so

>You can, and should, still act like a human being
and take the most efficient path of least resistance to benefit me and my kin? are you confusing modern social justice with basic humanity again?

>Paradox
One of the biggest kikes of the industry, they can fuck off for all I care

Dude, people were defending Valve when they tried to charge for mods. I guarantee that the people defending Epic are those same people.

I have no idea what this picture is trying to illustrate

Hades will be available on humble when it came out of beta, same for GoG.

Valve's not responding because it's unsubstainable. Once Zoomers move onto the next meme game, he'll have to raise his cut.

It should be straightforward, but I'll TL;DR it for you.

Japan is trying to create the fifth Reich.

>distributor is at fault for the publisher accepting exclusisvity contract.

>people were defending Valve when they tried to charge for mods.

It was a huge minority among the threads, but even then was when things started to change around here. SOPA-time will never happen again

>build a deck using your own money and labor

>people you don't know come over and demand the right to use it because it doesn't cost you anything for them to use it

Holy shit, the people making these images really are chinks copying what other people have made already. You cannot make this shit up. You're so creatively void and soulless even your shitposting I'd copying others half assed.

how is that extortion lmao it's just how bussiness works

Such filename

Valve is not responding because due to their monopoly-like market position they can't do anything. Anti-trust law would fuck them up.

>millions of users constantly downloading games, mods, updates
>"lol just a coupla hard drives and electricity bro"

find the nearest fire and die in it

this image never fails to get a chuckle out of me

Fuck steam
Fuck consumers
Give me ONE GOOD REASON why consumers should be given anything but the leash

>If you don't do what I say I will do this bad thing that will hurt you
THIS IS LITERALLY EXTORTION

>Servers, steam backend, frontend and api for developers doesn't cost anything
Stopped reading there. Of fucking course it doesn't cost anything if it doesn't have anything to offer in the first place, you retarded ching-chong tiananmen imbecile.

There are just people on Yea Forums commonly now who lick the boot and suck corporate cock religiously. Anything pro-consumer is bad because of some inane superiority complex. A lot of these individuals are electionfags from reddit.

>egregious amounts of overpriced DLC for every game they release
>reviving bloodlines just to hand it over to some literal who shovelware developer
paradox can honestly go fuck itself

I'll just give you the (You) you wanted.

So wait, you're saying you should be given the leash?

Friendly reminder that steamfags dream about pc gaming with steam as it's only platform. They want closed platform, not open one.

TGT and Irrational were killed by their own fucking incompetence to deliver a good and working product.

They keep trying to convince me by talking about devs. But they fail to realise its me I care about not devs. Steam is more convenient for ME. I don't care if its less convenient for devs.

He's expressing his fetishes, user. Let him be.

Valve isn’t responding because they don’t have to. They can play the long game and still make a couple dozen times as much profit.

>Open egs
>buy game
>play the game

>open steam
>buy game
>play the game

????????????????????????

Plus Radical was killed by Activision because of Prototype 2.

>electionfags defended $599.99
these people have always been here user

>Paradox
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1554279209159.png (720x728, 313K)

>Publisher takes almost all the money if a game sells well, developer gets practically nothing.
>complains about the store getting 30% as unfair

>Raul Rubio says that steam is too overcrowded for new games

Steam has become so incredibly diluted with shovelware shit that it's become a literally chore sifting through the ocean of shit to find actual interesting or decent games. It almost dissuades me altogether to even browse the store, because you're either going to be presented with the latest shit being pushed and paid to be advertised by the publishers, or presented with a literal mountain of the latest shovelware.

Is there an option in Steam to browse by developer yet? If there is, I've not been able to find it yet.

and telltale went broke thinking every license they paid for would make walking dead numbers

he's probably just mad rome imperator sold like shit

Oh so it's $150 for the whole game instead of 300

I'm amused that he had the galls to say this doesn't cost anything when Epic had outright admitted their current split is actually unsustainable and they are losing money from it.

As long as I don't see any of the money, why should I care?

C'mon bro, there is only 37 000 games on steam. Around 36 000 exclusive to it, you can't use any other store if you want to play them anyway so you may as well just browse them all

NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM. GIVE REASONS FOR WHY EPIC STORE BENEFITS ME NOT THE DEVS

steam has had that option since they managed to get more than 5 devs on board
i think you just click their name now

>Everyone in the press here, just quote me on that
And they actually fucking did it!

>Is there an option in Steam to browse by developer yet? If there is, I've not been able to find it yet.

Attached: 1495398912939.png (600x604, 359K)

It has games that steam does not have, also it has crossplay.
Source;my ass

So why is he complaining, it there are too many new games on steam stick his shitcunt games on epic and stfu?

Steam has a search bar. Search the game you want, click on the Developer page, and voilá.

Attached: capcomdevpage.png (998x877, 1.14M)

That doesnt seem like a benefit.

I want a good store, I don't give a single fuck if Steam takes 90% as long as I get mine.

Fuck paradox, they aren't angels. All they care about is their shareholders.

>At the end of the article Raul Rubio says that steam is too overcrowded for new games for them to compete and that's why the EGS is better.
But the vast majority of games that EGS accept are big name developers that get front page on Steam and have zero problem getting people to be aware of their games.

If he was talking about GOG I'd understand since they have ton of indies whilst regulating what gets in but EGS doesn't give a fuck about indies.

Is EGS paying him to say nice things about them or am I crazy?

Attached: Loss of Words.png (346x360, 52K)

Damn right I want a closed platform, with GOG as the monopoly holder. Shove your multiple DRM clients up your ass, kike.

Attached: 1533333057915.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

What bothers.me is that there are people who buy Paradox DLC, much less the games themselves. Even if you bought the base game, you can pirate all the DLC just fine.

Attached: 1556840655389.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

Holy fuck the amount of replies you can get just by posting this down syndrome goblin face and a quote from it

>all these steamlet copecels threatened by epic store
I pirate my games or buy them on greenman/gog, so I have no dog in this fight, but its hilariously pathetic the amount of corporate dicksucking steam shills will stoop to.

Attached: 1561764030624.png (1062x942, 301K)

Epic is doing that for them for a cost that is cheaper than what Steam charges.
I don't understand why you guys like having Gaben's dick so far up your asses. Steam is the most profitable company in the world per employee, and they put so little of the money they make back into their services.

I'm literally AWS certified so suck my dick faggot.

It's more like having two contractors bid for building your deck and one offers to do it for cheaper. But go ahead and keep showing everyone just how retarded you are by making bad analogies.

I pirated cities skylines so I don't give a shit

Vast majority of games are indie on epic, what are you smoking?

I only play on consoles lol

I was talking about the cost to valve at the level of an individual game. Are you an actual retard incapable of simple comprehension?

here; I'll spell it out super simple and spoonfeed it directly into your drooling mouth:
If nobody is buying a game, there's almost no cost to valve other than the up front cost of expending their network storage when it was first added, the latent power draw of an idle HDD is next to nothing and if nobody is downloading the game then there's no network cost; so "idle" costs for each individual game are super low.
Valve only pay a measurable cost in electricity and internet on a game when it's actively being downloaded, which probably means somebody just purchased it, so the cost is already covered and then some.

Compare this to physical distribution where all of the tooling, manufacture and distribution needs to be paid for up front, and if a game doesn't sell you have to pay for warehouse space or heavily discount the copies/bury them in a landfill.

Yeah but you clearly don't give a shit about supporting the Chinese through Epic so why not go where the developers get an even bigger cut?

>Even if you bought the base game, you can pirate all the DLC just fine.
I wonder if Paradox leave it like that on purpose.

Is he /ourguy/???

Attached: 1474279512979.png (800x566, 495K)

I wasn't aware Epic had a time machine that was allowing them to compete with 2004 steam.

Back in the 80s / early 90s, publishers primary job was to put the game on a disc / cartridge, and provide it to the masses in tandem with whatever marketing team the studio may have had. What prolly have happened (I haven't read up so don't quote me), is that some studios were just that - developers. They knew how to create a product, but not market it, and had no means of publishing the product on a platform. Knowing this, publishers jumped on an opportunity to provide this to developers, in turn gaining a large profit in doing so. Eventually these publishers accrued so much money in doing all this, they were able to purchase these small developers. In many cases, some developer studios were tricked or manipulated into contracts, such as EA purposely setting high profit margins for studios that in no way could meet the expectations, and would then be absorbed into EA as a recoop to make up for missing the profit margins.

They were a necessary evil that gained too much power, and has had too much of a detrimental influence to the creativity of many studios. With digital platforms such as Steam, EGS, and now PSN and Microsoft's store, there's less need for these larger publishers. There's nothing stopping studios from breaking off the publishers, hiring a marketing team, and just simply going digital now. Unfortunately, a majority of developer studios are locked into major publisher contracts, or have been absorbed by publishers.

But these digital platforms and the changes coming with them open a more optimistic path for the industry. It's just a matter of shaking loose these massive AAA publishers, which I predict in time will begin to happen very slowly. A and AA studios will begin profiting more because there isn't this big looming suit interfering with their creativity, and they're allowed the time they need or want to push a quality long-term product, whereas AAA are all about marketing average products for large short term profit.

>STEAM GOOD
>EPIC BAD

Attached: 1553715825327.jpg (612x574, 36K)

He says apple takes higher depending on stuff even if you use a a credit card.
Also Steam has so many payment options and stuff, which is great

Attached: Screenshot_20190702-011721.jpg (768x1024, 312K)

Steam ain't perfect, but Epic is sure as hell worse

That's what I'm saying

It's really amazing how he expresses bafflement at a thing Valve does while explaining why Valve does it in the same breath.

>STEAM BAD
>EPIC EPIC

But publishers are paid by distributors first for physical copies anyway

Pc gaming industry made approximately 42 000 000 000 of profit in 2018, 90% of pc gaming market belongs to steam, steam made 9 000 000 000 in 2018. Their overall pure profit cut is around 23 percent points from the whole gaming industry, their cost are 7 percent points.
They clearly wouldn't be able to maitain 12% cut, we need to defend vale !

Steam isn't perfect, but there's no reason why they can't adjust their platform / developer profit ratios to be more developer friendly. It's clearly outdated and unfriendly to the developer, especially with how horrifically diluted Steam's platform has become. Quality control is completely out the window.

The lack of self-awareness from Tim is astounding.

Fuck paradox

>270 / 45 / 115 / 2
Jesus fuck the epic shill is on a rampage.

Yet, here we are. People sucking gaben dick for no reason

>Destroy any goodwill people might have had towards you the moment you enter the competition by acting hostile towards any potential customers and offer no reason for people to use your store over the alternatives.
>Wonder why people don't like it.

>Implying Pachter some how more knows more than a retarded Youtuber

Attached: pachter.png (800x100, 6K)

>implying it's not the Valve zealots

he's a high functioning sociopath who has been disconnected from actual reality for so long that he is caught offguard when people who aren't his employees catch him in a lie

they're not allowed to adjust themselves to be developer friendly until they adjust to become consumer friendly first. I will always come before developers in terms of importance. They don't see a single scrap of money until I'm happy.

I guess we now know the real reason Paradox are abandoning Linux. I expect an EGS exclusivity deal will be announced soon going by statements they have made.

Let's not pretend EGS has anything approaching quality control

nice try baiter man
keep taking a washed up has been notorious for his widely inaccurate claims for granted

Don’t even have to read the thread to know half of the posts are sucking valve’s dick

Based steamtard false flagger, Epic chads are here to trigger the drones and with success :)

Also adding onto this credit card fees and other ones are covered by Valve with that 30%. Unlike epic who chargd the consumer extra

>It's more like having two contractors bid for building your deck and one offers to do it for cheaper
Good analogy, but I wood add that one is private american contractor, who values their customers and second one is some cheap labourer with chinese founding. Pick your poison.

Yes, considering I pay the exact same price no matter what cut the publishers get, Steam is a better service for purchasing and owning games. Why are there so many retards that think the platforms are identical and that it's just some red vs. blue war? Imagine projecting this infantile mentality onto everyone else.

>Unfortunately, a majority of developer studios are locked into major publisher contracts, or have been absorbed by publishers.

dev studios embedded into big publishers have devs breaking off and starting their own studios all the time, especially since AAA game dev sucks ass. if AAA was going to die, it probably would have already. there isn't enough room in the market for a thousand indie titles every month, especially since they're competing with one another, and popularity of a game typically has a self-feeding, viral-like spread. indie dev is a bit of a hit or miss unless you're a truly talented dev team that also knows how to play the market, whereas AAA can largely just cruise by with huge marketing, brand appeal and mainstream appeal.

this is all just conjecture on my part, but i think the market shares are going to remain largely the same between AAA and smaller devs

They are if they offer the contract in the first place you sped

>vita sold 15 million units

I mean, he's probably not wrong
Key thing is to make a lot of claims people can't prove are false

>EGS users get banned for trying to buy multiple Paradox DLCs

based
and
redpilled

publishers are scammers these days, the only reason we still need them is because they're sitting on fucking piles of cash that they don't deserve to have. stop buying video games.

These brave souls need more money damn you all, PAY!

Attached: paradox.jpg (1624x486, 188K)

The whole industry is turning to epic. Even sega is clearly looking at working with epic in the future. Steam is truly dying.

>if you don't suck EGS dick, you suck valve dick
This canned response is used up, change the script.

I can't wait for epic to open up the store to developers and the rejection emails to start coming out. It's literally only greedy indie faggots that are defending them at this point, and they're going to be hit hard by the realisation a curated store might not want them. The only satisfaction I'm going to get out of this whole fucking clusterfuck is them crying over their 88%

Attached: Screenshot_20190701-162432_Firefox.jpg (1076x837, 289K)

>Boo hoo i'm so mad i can't sell 30% of a game
and then make you spend all your savings on dlc

If we all just bought our games on Epic instead of Steam their environment could be 18% more playful

if you support a 70/30 you are sucking valve dick, you dick sucking valve dicksucker

In the future, crappy indie games will belong to steam. Good indie games and AAA games will be on epic.

>Volvo killed Capcom Vancouver
WTF I LOVE VOLVO NOW!
Seriously, fuck this maple syroup junkies and fuck their vision of Dead Rising.

Sega's the one who said that they're too close with Valve to go exclusively to EGS. Either bait or you mean T2.

>Yea Forums cares more about the features of a launcher where you play the game than the quality of the game itself
You guys went full retard

It's great how Valve has said and done literally nothing in response to Tim and EGS

>Paradox
KEK
plus, Steam is LITERALLY the ONLY platform to justify the 30% cut with how much they offer devs.

i never really got why companies advertise themselves as being diverse. like i don't want to hear retarded virtue signaling memes, i know there has to be a mathematically calculated money-reason for it, i just don't know what it is

If the game is on both launchers, then yeah, why not chose the better launcher?

>This canned response is used up, change the script.

a better ratio isn't going to help 95% of shitty indie games that only sell 5k copies

Demanding the use of someones platform for free or at a net loss for them is marxist bullshit, and its not surprising that the only people outspoken against the insane quality of service Steam provides are shitty marxist indie developers whose 2d retro pixel games are released into a oversaturated market and blame Valve for their problems and greedy fucks like Paradox who release 1000 DLCS for every game

Attached: rebekkasandok_59781366_2373616059629289_4504322404242891335_n.jpg (1080x1341, 211K)

Switch has become the platform of choice for indies

Why does he look like his face was burned by acid?

>AAA games
Oh, boy, I can't wait for the next open world crafting cinematic experience!

I've had enough of these chinkcel shills
MODS

They already do with an automatic x sales means y cut
So at x number you get 80/75%
Also steam allows negotiations on the split 70/30 is just default
That 30% though is great for consumers as it allows valve to pay for payment fees unlike epic charging extra ontop
Consumers should always benenfit from something if not fuck that company from now

>OY VEY, THINK OF OUR SHEKELS
Provide a better service or die, I couldn't care less about you kikes.

>We've built up an incredibly strong long-term business with Steam,” he said. “That's a great relationship for us, and we see it as a long-term relationship moving forward as well. With Epic coming to the table, we're really excited by that too, and we're really excited to see what that would bring to the market, what opportunities are to extend the reach via that content. And for us, it's not just about evaluating the revenue share. It's a really important component to it, one that has to be taken into account. But it's not just about that. It's about how you work to send your content to the consumers and deliver an ongoing experience and deliver a relationship.

They didn't burn any bridges here. They may be working with epic in the future.

>"hey man i know you usually buy your coffee here at mcdonalds, but i already bought all the coffee and i'm selling it a mile down the road over there. don't buy too much or i'll ban you from my store!"

imagine if it was like this

>yfw Victoria III is EGS exclusive
Do you think Johan is brave enough to do it?

Attached: 230758-victoria-ii-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1154, 213K)

To appeal to the ominous greater market that never bought a game, hoping that if they show that they think alike they'll start buying them. Same shit when they tried to appeal to woman and get them into gaming.

Because steam paypiggies won buy games from other stores. Paypiggies think the world will end if they don't give 30% of the money to Gaben.

>if you aren't happy to have the privilege pay the same price even when the devs make more you're a valve dicksucker
Consumer > dev you seething little intern

Not unless Epic is paying him millions, which is probably what he's fishing for

Have epic shills worked out a single reason a consumer should use their store yet? Or is it purely still muh 88%?

...i'm talking about the company wanting to market itself as diverse to potential applicants, not customers

Why don't developers just sell their own games from their own websites? I thought that was the fucking point of the internet? I can hardly see how major AAA developers haven't done this yet. Why have Steam or EGS when I can go to Crapcom or Fartstar and spend my shekles?

It didn't rob any market share though, Nintendo dominates the Handheld Console market now because they are the only company that has succeeded making the things. Meanwhile the vita support ends soon with it performing worse than the PSP.

>food analogy
Not even a good one either. It's more like buying your coffee from a girl with big milkers and then suddenly she's replaced with a bald, ugly guy in it's fourties.

Think of the publi- devs, goyim.

When will epic start losing bros? I can't take it anymore, what will happen to my steam collection of games i never played but bought to rise my steam level?

Attached: 51275912581131.png (490x589, 269K)

Epic provides a far better service for developers. Customers don't matter, shit eater """gamers""" will do whatever media tells them to

88 is a lucky number in china and you can also form a racist value out of it, it appeals to two major demographics

After Stellaris and now Rome I can't give two fucks about anything new from them. I don't think even DLC can save Rome, it's just broken on the most fundamental level.

Their own website doesn't pay them 500,000 copies.

The best part about these threads isn't just watching all the chinks flock to the thread to shill EGS, but watching them do it so poorly. You slant-eyed cum suckers can't even spell your lazy bootleg shitpost terms properly. You're sure showing those "steamcells", you buck-toothed retards.

>GOG GOOD
>STEAM BAD
>EPIC BAD
FTFY

Attached: 1561911566926.png (1392x788, 45K)

Lack of exposure mostly.

Economies of scale.

>Epic provides a far better service for developers
they barley offer any of the API features steam offers

Then why is nobody using the chink botnet yet, schlomo?

I'm glad that fuck isn't CEO of Paradox anymore then, since he left they've actually toned down the DLC shenanigans and are now "only" releasing them once or twice instead of three or four times a year.

Attached: 1522561854216.gif (194x172, 495K)

Paradox does have their own site called gamersgate. When it started it was DRM free, then they started to sell only steam keys tough it, getting 100% of the cut and already pissing off some fans.

Based.

>Wanting Victoria 3 after the mess that was Imperator Rome
HAH

So, what's the split on Gamersgate, the online distributor Paradox founded a couple of years ago?

Attached: GamersGate-Logo.jpg (200x47, 5K)

i know you're memeing but it's funny that sweeney went for this rhetoric

>"yeah uhh customers don't matter, devs do"
>when your business literally hinges upon customers caring enough about your store to support you monetarily

>1488ers
>major demographic
do /pol/cels actually believe this?

>implying epic will shill out millions to such a niche game, especially after imperator's launch
Nah, Epic just wants Vampire bloodline.

>Epic provides a far better service for developers
What would that be outside of the cut for indie devs?

muh cheevos muh stickers
EGS gives developers the one thing that matters, money.
EVERYONE is going to buy Borderlands 3.

Especially when paradox says it costs nothing to host a game for sale and download

if Yea Forums is representative of real world, approximately 60% of people you meet on the street are going to be nazis

god i wish

Go on lads, this one's on him!

Customers are a necessary evil. Every game developer hates g*mers above all else.

it's kinda hard to set that up. just look at how bethesda and even epic are fucking up their stores. plus exposure.

>EVERYONE is going to buy Borderlands 3.
On console.

Attached: 1449805006638.jpg (469x437, 77K)

Looter shooters are dead.

Uhj sorry sweetie but resetera told me 100% of people are nazis.

Was never implied. EGS is still super new, barely a year old. It has a shitload of growing to do, and how it grows will tell how well a platform it will be in comparison to Uplay, Origin, Steam, Microsoft, etc.

DESU, I wish someone would create a platform that condences and categorizes all of these publisher platforms into one big platform. Like a platform manager. Imagine an interface that condenses, and also divides your platforms into categories you can select, such as Origin, Ubi, Steam, Epic, etc. You select one, can browse it;s store independently and view incoming or current sales, etc. It would be amazing for someone such as myself, who's biggest turnoff on these platforms is the idea of having all my games divided across several libraries. It becomes a mess having to have all this shit installed on my computer and having to boot a different one for different games.

Quick mockup in pic of what I'm talking about.

Attached: Quickie.jpg (1171x874, 68K)

>muh cheevos muh stickers
>EGS gives developers the one thing that matters, money.
I was talking more about Multiplayer features and anti-cheat software you dumb shill

And the other 40% are trannies.

Randy aren't you busy with your lawsuit?

>I'm AWS certified
Judging by your knowledge a literal dog should be able to get certified for Amazon's web services.

Steam gives developers matchmaking and dedicated servers.

>publishers are scammers these days, the only reason we still need them is because they're sitting on fucking piles of IPs that they don't deserve to have. stop buying video games.

ftfy

Lurtris.

>I was a dumb fucking retard who supported the fragmentation of DRM clients
>I know, I need ANOTHER program to solve this

Who cares, it'll be casualized garbage with $500 of DLC just like all of modern paradox's trash

Here's what I don't understand
>from a consumer point of view, the cut a developer gets has no effect on them
>from a developer point of view, there are much better cuts than what Epic gives (itch.io even lets you set it at 0%)

>I'm literally AWS certified
>I clik buttan mek servear

But valve isn't chinese. Did you hit your head?

the P&D costs of digital sales are nonexistent compared to physical. how much do you think ISPs are paying for the bandwidth they charge consumers $100 for? literal pennies.

GUY LOOKS LIKE SOME NPC FROM DOOM3

Its none of that. Simply a middle-man platform whose sole purpose is to condense all the platforms into one manageable program via tethering your accounts to said program, and providing interfaces for each platform to browse sales and so on. Instead of tying up your processes with 4 or 5 platforms at bootup, you simply launch one and you're good to go. Program bloat is fucking stupid and I hate booting up a new platform just to play one game.

>>from a consumer point of view, the cut a developer gets has no effect on them
This is the only thing that matters which is why Epic resorts to exclusivity.

>from a consumer point of view, the cut a developer gets has no effect on them

You're right, customers are stupid faggots with no knowledge of economics. This is especially true in industry where the average customer is 14 years old.

>mfw hundreds of hours combined in Stellaris/EUIV/HOI4/Vicky2/CK2 and not given a penny to parajews

Attached: mfw.jpg (179x282, 9K)

A couple threads ago someone mentioned how Steam wsa only like 25% of all PC gaming sales, anyone might have source on that info? Or was that made up?

Attached: question denwa.jpg (666x666, 23K)

>It didn't rob any market share though
If even a single human bought a vita over a 3ds then technically it's stolen marketshare. He never said anywhere that the vita would dominate

Not mutually exclusive, sadly. Money = more IPs, more IPs = more money.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 you moron

>program bloat is stupid
>a literal botnet running all services at once is the solution

Shenmue never mentioned steam while crowd funding, it was only after the kickstarter ended was the method of distribution discussed.
I still think its cunt behaviour, but at least be accurate

Fortnite is bigger than Steam.

They could delist their games, generate steam keys and sell those from their website keeping 100% of the profit if they wanted.

Minecraft and Roblox are bigger than Fortnite, what the FUCK is your point?

Enjoy paying additional transaction fees on to of the base price then?

Which Avenger plays Roblox again?

when devs start to realize that EGS is not financially viable Which it fucking isn't or when the fortnite money starts to dry up

Attached: 1560191600-annotation-2019-06-10-203209.jpg (1222x394, 65K)

god i can't wait for epic to fail
remember that whenever you see some faggot publisher or dev boasting about sales on the chinky store, most of those sales are from epic themselves

Attached: file.png (781x454, 76K)

Reddit spacing. Don't fall for it.

You moron. It's not "Steam" as in the platform, it is literal steam. The disc will evaporate into steam as soon as you open the case.

host and distribute files yourself so you get 100%. no need to give any storefront a cut.

Attached: Buck_Bundy.jpg (500x376, 36K)

The nerve on these chink kikes.

>Shenmue never mentioned steam while crowd funding
But it did, this is why it caught fire on Yea Forums for days. They've changed their kickstarter by now, of course.

Kanye west.

>Paradox Interactive
Stopped reading, Don't listen to DLC kikes

>Requires Steam Client to activate

>when devs start to realize that EGS is not financially viable Which it fucking isn't
>literally every dev and publisher that has gone with EGS has released numbers and said they were happy with their choice
>Steam drones on Yea Forums however still pretend to know better
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1549597696823.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Minecraft is dead and wtf is Roblox cope more, fortnite >>>> all

Another company joins the epic burning crusade against the void(steam). I hope in the end DRM free will win, but if not at least steam will bites the dust

>drumpftard

>literally every dev and publisher that has gone with EGS has released numbers and said they were happy with their choice
Still waiting for those Metro numbers Sergey.

Not if Nintendo's overall market share has increased. What he Implied was that the Vita was going to take some of Nintendo's market share, which it didn't because the 3DS sold vast more units than the Vita

he's not saying it costs nothing, but it definitely doesn't cost anywhere near 30% of all the revenue

RIP gigantic.

It's real fucking funny because they won't even let some indie devs on their store even though said indie game actually has a presence and community.

Read the fine print. The "Steam Client" in this case is a stove. To put the liquid within the case at boiling point so it can evaporate into steam.

Epic uses amazon servers.

No, it didn't. It's just another fabricated lie by steamdrones.

Picrel web archive from 2017, no mention of steam.

Attached: 4281401294810925107952170.png (1527x753, 80K)

>all these retards claiming they understand economics then whining about "steam's unfair cut"
DEVELOPERS CAN SELL DIRECT YOU FUCKING MORONS. They have been able to all along! Shit, a lot of my first favorite PC vidya was shareware and the like coming off of some dev's mid-90s website or from floppies shared around and then physically mailing them a check. I remember when buying a code online with a card was brand fucking new, and the first ones were just from devs.

Nowadays that's even easier. There is no need for a fucking store. Most software except for special snowflake vidya has been sold that way for fucking ever. Even now Apple Store/Windows Store are still minorities on the PC, in general when you want to buy a copy you just go to the developer and they have a store of their own and you buy a copy. The end.

Publishers & developers whine about muh 30% but then they don't just do what the entire fucking rest of the software industry has done for like 20 years (or 15 anyway, Adobe was the last major one I used that went digital but it was like 2004 or so IIRC). Oh they don't want to do that? They think all the marketing and support services and fairly competed userbase Valve or whomever has is worth sticking with? Fuck them then. Sell it to me directly on your site with no DRM (though feel free to put in some stegID) or shutup.

Attached: marsyas.jpg (415x600, 43K)

They can, but they can't offer lower prices due to steam keys policy so. Why would anyone bother to use other service when prices are the same everywhere?

Yea Forums-kun, daisuki~

Attached: Di9ZWifXsAAsJg5.jpg:large.jpg (1000x1000, 236K)

>but they can't offer lower prices due to steam keys policy
He said not to sell through steam at all ya git

Reminder pirating ebin games doesn't count as a lost sale since Tim already paid for that copy.

Yea Forums flew off the handle at the prescene of the sun in a video game, trusting Yea Forums does one thing and only one thing, make you look like a mong

>being the market leader is a monopoly

If you belive it's moral to pirate from egs it's also moral to pirate from steam. I do belive that, so i pirate games from both.

Attached: D9wTphcXsAAS6CX.png:large.png (590x330, 29K)

>meanwhile you can still open their current faq and it lists steam as requirement
kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2267518
Nice try chinkshit.

I remember how Paradox fans cried when Paradox made the move away from GamersGate to Steam exclusively. No one forced you to only publish your games on Steam, Fredrik Wester, that was all you, it makes no sense to complain about the revenue split when you moved away from a platform that potentially offered you a better revenue split on account of being a former asset, for no good reason.

well then don't take it, but don't be surprised when I pirate your shit

>This doesn't cost anything
mighty funny coming from Paradox
they'd be paying out of their asses to pay for servers anyway if they didn't go with steam

>lolll we'll just keep hemorrhaging money forever with no results BECAUSE WE CAN
that's not how businesses and investors work

>They can, but they can't offer lower prices due to steam keys policy so.
What. I'm saying just let me download an installer of their site after I buy LIKE EVERY OTHER SINGLE PIECE OF SOFTWARE IN FUCKING EXISTENCE. Stuff ranging from $15-1500 (literally, the cost of whatever edition it was of CS6 I bought, but I still just got a plain old installer image to download and keep forever). Not a fucking Steam Key.

I mean fuck folks I hate to indulge in the "omg nu/v/ so young" stuff because I figure most of you aren't but is it genuinely so alien to some of you to just, you know, buy something from a dev and you get it from the dev the end? Because it's just software on your PC? No stores, no nothing else?

You can even use 3rd party launchers for your own stuff if you really want.

They still kept on selling steam keys trough gg, or did that change?

Supermarkets have insane economies of scale, markets that are about a hundred times larger and absolutely intense competition.

It was after funding took place, not before. Which is why you faggots don't post dates.

>the company known for ripping people off with DLC
Does epic store even support dlc

Attached: 1525080978699.png (1280x1688, 1.01M)

>physical steam disc

Attached: 1334673833214.png (1015x651, 748K)

Eh, they still have to pay Steam for those keys.

>t-t-there is no steam, it's a lie
>no it's not
>b-b-but the DAAAAAAAAAAAATES
I wonder what kind of excuse you'll come with next?

>I remember how Paradox fans cried when Paradox made the move away from GamersGate to Steam exclusively. No one forced you to only publish your games on Steam, Fredrik Wester, that was all you, it makes no sense to complain about the revenue split when you moved away from a platform that potentially offered you a better revenue split on account of being a former asset, for no good reason.
Exactly. Entitled little shits. There are endless other ways for Paradox to shill their crap. But they don't want to do any work, they just want Steam but to also dictate terms. Disgusting to see so many people gulping it down.

This isn't that easy user. Sadly there is a lot of costs that decrease with scale, only really big players can do that shit like ubisoft for example.

100$ to list the game. Key generation is free afterwards.

>they could have just offered a better split
>they could have paid for games to be cheaper on their storefront because 50 dollars for a game with that split still makes more money than the 70/30 split
>they could have had a better storefront period
>they could have had fucking shopping carts
>they could have not been total pricks towards consumers

the fact that i wanted EA to beat them in the battle royale genre should tell you how much i fucking hate Epic. Epic could offer me money to be a customer and I would refuse it. i will quit PC gaming if they somehow overtake the market

Attached: 1560318499592.jpg (399x507, 37K)

Not that user but the dates thing does legally matter if anyone wants it to. Whatever the terms were at the scamstarter's close were the legally binding ones. They can ask everyone to agree to new ones but nobody has to.

Of course, someone would have to actually be mad enough to push them on it, but they could.

why can i just buy the game through their own website, get a link for the installer and serial code and be done with it?

We were talking about time when they were raising money for the game which is why date is important. But you already know that, you also know that you lost that arguments so stfu nigger

The best vidya purchase I have ever made came in a box. Sure, that was a while ago, but it's not that weird.

Attached: p1_30704155358507.jpg (1612x1081, 292K)

>it's literally an update to how the game gerts distributed
Nice try chinkshit, wanna go again?

10% for standard marketing
10% for exposure, paradox games always get front page time
10% for dedicated servers and matchmaking
they also get steam workshop integration

Paradox is the last developer that should be complaining

>still tries to move the goalpost this badly
Loving every laugh, but please, keep going. I want to read more mental retardation from (you).

glad I used creamAPI on his games

Oh, so Paradox is bad again?

During Bloodlines 2 threads retards were sucking them off.

>>they could have paid for games to be cheaper on their storefront because 50 dollars for a game with that split still makes more money than the 70/30 split
IIRC Steam forbids putting a game at a final higher price than their storefront without sales.
Not sure about GOG though, they could have put it on there as an exclusive asking for less than standard new game price + spyware though

Paradox has always been and always will be good and bad at the same time
The biggest fans of paradox games are also their biggest critics

Modern vidya has a huge audience and giant installs. You're vastly underestimating how much bandwidth this "just an installer" would be on the company end

If you weren't an idealist you'd be pirating them all.

Let's see
What are the odds, dilate tranny. Not going to waste my precious time on a pathetic loser that refuse to admit he's a loser

I remember one tweet where someone said they'd be more than happy to eat the cost of the payment processing themselves to give the consumer a fair price on Epic, and you could just see the smoke pouring out of Tim's ears as the rusty gears turned in his head trying to comprehend why someone would do such a thing.

>This isn't that easy user.
Yes. It seriously is. I've done it (granted 9 years ago but it was already a well trod path at that point). Vidya is not some special snowflake vs everything else software. It's just software.
>Sadly there is a lot of costs that decrease with scale, only really big players can do that shit like ubisoft for example.
Don't talk about things you have no fucking clue about. There are also a lot of costs that INCREASE with scale. Things you can just completely ignore when you're running something for just a few tens of thousands of users that become enormously harder with hundreds of thousands or millions.

Hell if anything it's easier these days, not harder. Payment services are turnkey, it's easy to spin up storage, pricing for bare metal space and bandwidth near the core has continued to plummet, etc etc.

Contrary to your point, it's actually smaller devs that are more likely to do the normal thing and simply let you download an installer off their site. It's the big ones that want tons of marketing support and easy huge base and DRM packed to the gills and tons of other dumb shit. But 30% is so mean still!

Attached: science.jpg (1228x768, 106K)

>nuh uh
Sorry, retard. Evidence trumps your will to ignore facts.

Pachter is known as a Colossal fucking idiot

the EGS had the smartest business decision possible.

Steam holds your whole library hostage and only competing with prices is impossible. The only way to get traffic on your store is by creating exclusives.

Every retard with an IQ above his body temperature knows that the Blizzard launcher is shit and the only reason people use this pile of crap is because of the Blizzard exclusive games. The same thing with any MMO launcher.

Now that the EGS not only has Fortnite and exclusives but it also tries to get console exclusive games on PC, it is literally the best thing PC gaming could get.

Persona 5 would be already on PC if you Steam cucks would have had supported the EGS. Sega is literally a shit company which will never release Persona 5 on PC if Sweeny doesn't do something. Sweeny is literally our only hope.

my positive feelings towards that are tainted by knowing look back that it all went wrong after that.

>literally just agreed wit me
>tried playing the tranny card
Holy shit, it's really getting better nad better. Don't stop now, my sides want more of your illogical shit.

Attached: obama-laugh.gif (640x360, 132K)

So why doesn't Epic do 1%? With how their service is completely devoid of features that Steam has to support they could easily do it, too.

Attached: D-XkR_EU8AAEWno.jpg (663x479, 25K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Attached: 56.jpg (1414x238, 86K)

And good games never seem to have issues breaking the bank on Steam while lower quality garbage get drowned out by other low quality garbage.

Funny how that works.

Attached: Orphaned.jpg (886x608, 213K)

>During Bloodlines 2 threads retards were sucking them off.
This literally never happened. The nicest thing anyone's ever said about Paradox, regarding the World of Darkness, is that they cleaned house at White Wolf.

Why doesn't Paradox put there revenue split where their mouth is and make VTMB2 Epic exclusive now, and without signing a deal with Tim, just voluntarily making a statement that you support the revenue split and are willing to take one for the team.

>paradox
this are the biggest kikes on steam, they sell you games on pieces and a fll game by paradox can cost up to 200$

Attached: 1560014256741.jpg (1001x998, 414K)

topjej

>if you were a game developer you'd be busy
kek imagine being proud of the fact that you're working night and day on a passion project while barely making enough money to scrape by

I wonder how much effort he put into marketing or advertising his game.

>shovel as many asset flips through their pipeline
>literally none of the games above him are asset flips

This is what these faggots don't get, everyone and their dog is an indie developer these days. Steam isn't keeping you down, the market is oversaturated.

>do nothing to market your game yourself
>get mad when it gets drowned in all the other nobody games on steam
a lot of nerve calling anyone else a miserable child
this dude is posting on fucking facebook. how out of touch can you be

there’s been daily egs shilling for a long time would be very dedicated falseflagging

/Thread

He didn't. He also released his game on halloween, during a major holiday sale without any kind of sale of his own, on a day when everyone and their dog are going to be flooding the store with jumpscare streamerbait "horror" games.

The game itself being a completely shit Limbo ripoff didn't help much.

>Epic is doing that for them for a cost that is cheaper than what Steam charges.
But they're not, tim literally said their cut is not sustainable and they will be increasing it in future after they strongarm a market position. Are you dumb? So they're doing it for the same cost, with a temporary lie, and they're doing a worse job at it. Seems good m8

Who cares? Just wait for emulation dumbass.

>Gazillion
Nah, that was killed by a lot of mismanagement and putting a literal sex offender in charge as CEO.

kek

>also tries to get console exclusive games on PC
[citation needed]

*gives you free games and better deals in your path*

Attached: 913A8CCA-3167-46DC-9261-9BD844219318.jpg (1200x800, 31K)

you realize that if the publisher takes the money it means that the devs were already working on the money of the publisher?

how fucking retarded must you be to not understand such simple shit?

>During Bloodlines 2 threads retards were sucking them off.
I was sucking off Bloodlines 2, Paradox is turbo-scum that I barely tolerate.

it's interesting to note that paradox has tencent as a substantial investor and that they've been on a huge acquisition and studio expansion kick for the last five years

They probably mean the David Cage games that are coming to Epic, happily ignoring the fact that they were coming to PC with or without Epic.

Less than 70% of 0 dollars.

They already tried whit sega and they told him that they already have a long bussines relationship whit steam for many years and dont want to ruin it but they have no problem publishing in both plataforms at the same time.

they are also employ a lot of ex-ea people

I've heard people mention the david cage games were going to come to PC regardless but epic just sniped them. I have no idea if that's true or not though.

>Steam brought over a shit ton of ex-console exclusives
>EGS gave us Snoy shit like the David Cage games

>Satisfactory dev boasts about 500k in three months including the EGS botched sale time
>Risk of Rain 2 sells twice as much in one third the time
>Still no actual numbers for Metro
>World War Z sold the vast majority of its copies on console
>whatever Ubisoft game it was that had more sales on their launcher than Epic

Epic store is lagging behind in sales in every actually comparable situation, they're just happy with their up-front bribe money.

>up to $200
I've seen some go over $300.

Don't forget about the international market, and how Steam eats most of the fees.

Attached: 1549120909669.jpg (918x610, 100K)

Threadly reminder that Paradox started gamersgate and quickly dumped it.

>buy
>Paradox games

Attached: 1532644046551.jpg (1024x770, 148K)

*locks up when you actually buy games from it*

>they have no problem publishing in both plataforms at the same time
The way it should be. That way we would see who actually chooses to buy from Epic vs. Steam, given the choice.

bloodlines 2 looks like complete shit so they should get their eyes checked

New thread

>Satisfactory dev boasts about 500k in three months including the EGS botched sale time
>my friend Pedro already made 250k in one week

Kek

Tim Sweeny is a god.

All Gabe does is spend his money on food and living the rich guy lifestyle.

Attached: tim.sweeney.1-2.png (640x608, 444K)

Literally the only reason these threads exist user.
If they were on both nobody would've said shit.

It doesnt fucking matter if steam was shit at launch, Digital distribution was new and irrelevant back when Steam was born back 2003, up till the current decade when digital sales were the norm for pretty much everyone, and by that point Steam was far and beyond EGS is right now.

When people have to bring up how "Steam used to suck and had no features in 2003/4" they're basically just comparing what was a new service that still wasnt completely figured out to a storefront thats meant to be offering its own features in grounds that are already full of things like it, and with much more to offer. You're basically saying your platform is comparable to a digital store from 2004 rather than one in the current year.

Go away Tim.

New thread

google netease and quantic dream
all of the future releases are going multiplat, no more sony exclusive, epic didn't bring jack shit except paying for exclusivity rights

Why are most indie devs such entitled childish cunts?
Does he genuinely not realize statements like this will only turn more people away from his game?
Just admit that you overreacted and move on how fucking hard can it be jesus

GIB MONIES

user.. How many people do you know that actually admit when they are wrong?
Pro tip, you can count them on less than one hand

The sinple fact is that the EGS is so damn barebones that they should take less of a cut than their competition. GoG is basically the hippy dippy version of Steam, which is a much more corporate affair, and even they managed to implement basic features like a shopping cart. Maybe you are the kind of guy who doesn‘t need those little extras, but some people enjoy festures like the workshop, cloud sync amd not having their credit card flagged as fraudulent when they purchase more than one game.
Remember that you as the consumer pay Steam and the orhers for their service, not the devs. They think they deserve a 100% cut, on games that cost the same as 20 years ago when you got a box, a booklet and sometimes other cool stuff with it. They and especially their publishers are the greedy fags wanting more money constantly, the stores just take the distribution cut that used to be paid to publishers and game stores, while providing a mostly better service due to aforementioned features.

Attached: BASED STEAM.jpg (829x602, 138K)

You don't say, jewben is a subhuman, Tim on the otherside is one of the good guys

New thread