>it's choppy shit that makes ME: Andromeda look like a masterpiece
>get into the game world
>it's the ugliest blandest fucking piece of rock I have ever seen
>get into combat
>it's press X to awesome
>get into a dialogue
>it's complete drivel
>walk away in disgust after literally 4 minutes
I still remember every little bit of that demo. Dragon Age has been dead to me ever since.

Attached: 70784_LB_231_^_2012-12-08-15-47-21_ee21cb8b4d0ad60f051afcad3226fea3f57ad5010b42a4153d4fe536dd176b68. (231x326, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TUXwJdXuSO0
help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#dragonage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I waited in line for a midnight release for this game. It was actually what shattered the illusion of hyped AAA gaming for me, I pretty much never go to midnight releases or preorder games anymore.

Same here user, repeat it for mass effect as well

I want FemHawke to step on my genitals.

Attached: 1741959-hawke.jpg (748x960, 170K)

What happened to Bioware?

They made such awesome games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, and then butchered those franchises later.

It was the same for me, I remember being super excited and talking to my friends about it before launch. And then it came out, talk died immediately and it broke me a little. I still soldiered on after that and finished the game, even found several parts I liked, but I walked into it with such a different expectation than what I got out of it. I was still the kind of idiot that gave them another shot in inquisition but went into that with no expectations and found it somewhat tolerable at least.

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic that they won't fuck up DA4 because I feel somewhat invested in the world but after the shit circus that was Anthem it's really hard to hope.

Attached: 1515932644800.jpg (752x4357, 446K)

Attached: 1543952152307.jpg (790x1948, 818K)

Attached: 1551449589743.jpg (1288x964, 413K)

I was actually just watching a documentary about DA2, that's what prompted me to start the thread. The DA:O team was in pre-production for a proper sequel, but then TORtanic got delayed and EA needed something to make up for it in the quarterly earnings. So they gave Bioware 1 year to develop a sequel to Dragon Age and they did something totally different because their original idea was impossible to complete in 12 months.

Bioware didn't even want to call it Dragon Age 2, but the execs forced them to do it. And since they knew the game wouldn't satisfy the fans of the original, they gutted the combat to appeal to a wider audience.

EA happened

I LOVED OG Dead Space. Preordered Dead Space 2 over a year in advance. While DS2 wasn’t complete shit, it wasn’t as good as the original. I can’t remember everything I didn’t like about it, but it definitely wasn’t as scary. I remember the pacing for the jump scares to be formulaic enough that I knew when they were coming on my original play through.

I remmber downloading the demo and playing it....i didn't even finished it, it felt like Dragon Ball Age II Super Sajayin Edition with over the top moves and exploding body parts instead of grim dark fantasy setting.

I knew i wasn’t going to like it when I started hearing about the development. It went from Baldur’s Gate to VtM: Redemption

It was the endless reuse of assets combined with the decay of dialogue choices in to three inane pseudo-personality types rather than multiple nuanced options that killed it more than anything, pretty much everything else can be forgiven, it even has some fairly good moments at times, but ultimately you are forced to play a retard stuck in a box for longer than was necessary.

Attached: 1558055963706.jpg (1950x1860, 1.07M)

Do you have a link to this documentary?

>Dragon Ball Age II Super Sajayin Edition with over the top moves and exploding body parts

I think this was largely to do with time constraints. I got the impression they wanted to make combat a bit more realistic compared to origins (think of the comically long and telegraphed windups for two-handed attacks) but settled for le epic anime chop-slice-pose combat because it was faster to implement.

youtube.com/watch?v=TUXwJdXuSO0

I’m going to say the opposite given that all BioWare games went more in the anime direction after the acquisition

Thanks mate.

so, what was going to be the real DA2 then?
And is Origins good? my girl is bugging me to play it with her, make my own story and what not, all i played was inquisition for like, 8 minutes until we reached some forest

>love DA:O
You are the massive disappointment.

Origins is really good I would suggest playing either Dwarf or Human noble.

*tips fedora*

Yeah but didn't EA acquire them in the mid 2000s?

Origins is a pretty good mix of crpg and new casual stuff imo. I liked the origins and consequences of them a lot(you can even become the queen/king of the game's kingdom if you're human noble), wish more games used it

I'm still waiting for a spiritual sequel to origins.
It's still incredible to me after all these years.

Origins is alright. It went through about a bazillion reiterations and versions before release and the end product is a bit of a Frankenstein monster full of vestigial traces of scraped ideas. For example the middle portion of the game is hampered by a loss of plot momentum and a feeling of time standing still. The middle section is ostensibly non-linear questing but as you complete the quests you can piece together how the majority of them were actually part of a more linear narrative at one point while the only quest that isn't tangentially connected to any of the others (the elf plot) is basically an afterthought that can be completed in little over an hour while the rest are massive time sinks.

Origins has its problems but they almost the opposite of the problems 2 has.

I gotta admit 10:30- 11:20 the friendship and rivalmance romance was an improvement over origins. But DA2 is still a shitty game.

Origins came at a time when WRPGs were having a massive identity crisis and were by and large completely shit. Bioware were upfront about their inspiration by CRPG systems from something like Baldur's Gate and they translated some of those ideas into the modern era quite well.

In other words, they tried to make a modern Baldur's Gate and didn't fuck up royally so they got a lot of good will.

FemHawke was so much better than Male.

I believe the original rumour was that DA2 was supposed be another expansion pack for DA:O, similar to Awakening. Hence it being so low on content and being padded out with literally copypasted locations and fetch quests.

Also thinking of buying Jade Empire. Is it good?

It's pretty fun. Imagine a JRPG with brawler combat and some MILD BioWare style roleplaying + romances.

You'll probably enjoy the story if you don't know the big twist.

>In final year of university
>get septoplasty and stay at home for a week
>download a game to play on my toaster because I don't yet have a rig for Witcher 2
>find a 2.8Gb torrent of DA2
>Eh what the hell why not
>Game is so ugly and hilariously bad
>keep playing, maybe it gets good
>it never gets good
>the cringe is so bad it makes me laugh
>can't laugh because of my stitches
>finish the damn game with bloody snot dripping from my nose
>head hurts from withholding laughter
>almost bust a stitch
I was not worth it, why the fuck did I do it

It's the Bioware formula at its best.

Probably one of their best games, not like that's saying much nowadays.

>hot rod the art
What did they mean by this? Basically saying that it's too difficult to make good looking games for PC first. Calling themselves retarded lmao

Origins is great, the rest are trash.

Jesus that fucking hand.

DA2 has the best story and characters from the DA series

No, they mean Gustav Klimt and Art Deco rip off loading screens and anime armour.

I see the anime armor but they really failed at Klimt/Art Noveau/Art Deco. Everything looks like the material design meme like pic related
Fucking soulless

Attached: people-avatars_23-2147506491.jpg (626x626, 62K)

I blame mass effect. Though I guess in terms of choices, you get 3 personalities in DA 2 as opposed to 2 in ME

Attached: 1561500766911.jpg (322x308, 38K)

Test

Attached: 1479149383718.png (727x624, 360K)

Huh. It's Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List in uBlock Origin that's causing reCaptcha to be a bitch.

Attached: 1484079622039.jpg (1920x1080, 669K)

>the decay of dialogue choices in to three inane pseudo-personality types
Fun fact, the game also punishes you for not sticking to one of the personality types because there are hidden statistics that affect your chance of bluff/persuade/threaten etc, each time you pick a color coded option it makes it stronger.

So, once you decide on your personality you literally just always pick that response, there is no choice.

How could you not see how bad this game would be just from the demo? Any fan of Origins at the time could see it wasn't going to be like it much at all and the dev time took about one year.

Indeed. Does nobody else remember the "awesome button" meme? "You press the button and something awesome happens". That BioWare PR guy was super proud of how the game fucking played itself.

Attached: 1522354159661.jpg (1286x1887, 500K)

virgin Gaider vs chad Sawyer

Attached: sawyer_romance.png (1190x428, 68K)

That was something pretty common with last gen games, devs and reviewers were happy when you werent playing the actual game.

Attached: 1525614816493.jpg (500x344, 79K)

It's a crime to not let you dick any elf women in the game even DA2 had that

OR dwarves

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

Don't care. Had a lot of fun with it. Put hundreds of hours in it and replayed it 5 times. Enjoyed the story, lore, characters and combat. Although copypasted locations and monsters were disappointing, it still turned out okay for such a rush job.

> Sawyer
> chad
> the guy who blocked waifu romance by giving it 7x the normal price but added a faggot option with its own subsystem
> a chad
Does not compute.

>DA2 is forgettable that not a single torrent exists that has all the working DLCs

Saddest part here

Based not even pirates want this garbo game

You can grab the DLC installers straight from EA, then get an unlocker.

help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#dragonage