Redpill me on this one

Redpill me on this one

Attached: 220px-Prey_cover_art.jpg (220x281, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YLMk1E41kE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's good

Heard it's good but has cheap deaths

Attached: 1549308032659.png (557x605, 302K)

System Shock

it only recieves as much attention as it does because its the one entry in the genre in like 10 years

Benedict Wong voices one of the main characters.

super overrated and spammed on Yea Forums because it's a niche genre
offers little to no challenge but people forgive that because it has skills to play around with
interesting design work on the characters and station, exploration is decently fun
meh story and pretty fucking terrible ending

GOTY 2017, the system shock 3 we deserve

What Bioshock should have been

Literally the opposite is true about what you said

feel free to refute any of it

very good, just recently finished it a couple weeks ago
if you enjoy these types of "immersive sim" games like System/Bioshock, Deus Ex, and much of Arkane's games, then you'll enjoy this one

It's good, but very, very easily broken. My recommendation: DO NOT get increased recycling yield skill, and put off combat skills as long as you can.
That actually makes the game challenging, and make resources rare and valuable.

I haven't played the game with the survival mode yet, so I'm not how that affects the ballance.

The only other problem I can see with it is the relative lack of variety, as you get to see most of what the game has in store for you about half-way through, and then it becomes a bit needlessly repetetive. And the super-boss-monster is actually way easier than it should be.

Other than that, it's good: at times, great, even. Real fun to figure out various exploits and alternative solutions. Just... shame that if you get the increased yields, or invest in combat skills in the first half, the pressure on player to be creative does not really come, as you'll be largely swimming in resources.

I accidentally "gimped" my build and it was fucking great, having to backtrack to strip the base of last remaining resources, being really creative to conserve items and so on.

Good, but zero replayability. DLC fixes that somewhat, but not completely.

oh, and it is recommended for you to play on Nightmare or Hard at the very least
these games are usually very easy on lower difficulties, and Prey is not the exception either

Attached: 1561139923186.png (1298x2048, 1.26M)

Not even sure how you can die in prey.

Non of the typhon even react to you unless you jump ontop of them. Still better than any game from the last 5 years

This. I neglected the psychic skills and went full on combat, my shotgun was unstoppable and I could recycle up shells whenever I needed them. Made it a bit too easy.

Heard you can get electricuted or shit blowsup. Enviromental deaths, not combat

Attached: Lich_backstory.jpg (500x500, 41K)

I played nightmare all survival mode options on and I don't think any of that happened to me
I just had one situation when my legs were bleeding (?) or something and I didn't have the item to cure it so I had to take damage and wait to regen every time I jumped to get out of a platforming section which was really stupid in hindsight

I realized I honest to god love the game, but that it is also entirely reliant on the reluctance to use neuromods when I had to scavenge early levels for furniture to pile up and use the recycler grenades just to get enough resources to make ammo and med-kits to get through next encounters. But I was also sitting on 20 plus neuromods that I stubbornly refused to install because I wanted the game to maintain the proper difficulty level.

good game

>super overrated and spammed on Yea Forums
this is accurate
>niche genre
this is accurate
>offers little to no challenge but people forgive that because it has skills to play around with
this is accurate. none of the enemies actually provide a challenge, they just waste a lot of time eating the ammo of all 3 of your guns
>interesting design work on the characters and station
this is accurate but i dont like the inexplicable use of dishonored character design
>exploration is decently fun
this is accurate
>meh story and pretty fucking terrible ending
pretty fucking accurate

You can, but it's no more or less cheap than any other average shooter. If you see lightning bolting through a poodle, don't step in it. In this regards, it's pretty much identical to Deus Ex games.

Oh, fun little fact: this game surprisingly enough borrows quite a bit of inspiration from STALKER of all games. But it's nowhere near as harsh with its environments as those games are.

i don't like bioshock. bioshock was why i wasn't interested in prey at first. i wish people would stop comparing the two

Maybe don't shoot electrical panels then kiddo.

You can take injury damage but it's just a self inflicted handicap in the main game. Makes more sense in mooncrash but you can literally just carry on running with broken legs because you wont die till you take another hit. Which isn't gonna happen if you keep moving

not an argument though

eho even does that

how come you prefer prey? imo bioshock at least had decent gunplay

people who like bioshock just dont understand whats good about the genre

On an INCREDIBLY superficial level, the two games are actually really similar. In fact, Prey is what I thought Bioshock was going to be back before it was released.

That said, even though the setup and even art direction are very similar, the actual core of the design is extremely divergent: Bioshock is a dumb linear shooter with some wistless and blows masquerading as immersive sims attached, Prey is the real deal.

I think in many ways, Prey was made to rectify what the team thought Bioshock was supposed to be, but ended up not being. Hence the similarities. They just went and said: Hey - remember the Bioshock you wanted back in the day? Here it is.

nigger wot

First of all: NO.
Second of all, Bioshock was dumb as bricks, shallow as a fucking poodle, and had a god-awful level design. It absolutely botchered the immersive sim formula.

It was under rated as fuck to the point that everyone on v absolutely panned it, with only a few defending it

Bioshock had the worst shooting in a shooting game ever. There was zero feedback at all on every weapon but muh art 2 d33p 4me

Explain the constant threads with everyone praising it then? I'm not going to bother going thru archive because the OP images are probably different, but almost 2-3 times every week there's a short Prey thread in the catalogue with people just fellating it to the point where I think there's a marketer or two dedicated to making these.

>First of all: NO.
better than prey's tismo
>It absolutely botchered the immersive sim formula.
but its a shooter
what are you smoking? the game was shilled building up to release and any threads afterwards were majority positive. people had complaints, that doesnt mean it was panned

>Explain the constant threads with everyone praising it then?
Because most of the people who played it thought it was good? Lmao, you Biobabbies are pitiful.

the ending is pretty smart for a video game

Attached: IMG_20190423_082938.jpg (1080x803, 88K)

WHY IS THE ONLY SNIPER A TOY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1551492373684.png (1808x934, 205K)

I've never played any bioshock games you schizo
I played the game, enjoyed its good aspects, and am baffled to see people holding up the mediocre and straight up bad parts of it as amazing. In a genre with games like Deus Ex you'd think people would have higher standards, but apparently not

compared to other shooters released in 2007, the gunplay was perfectly fine. ill admit i totally fell back in the shotgun and grenade launcher for most of the game and most of the plasmids were redundant, but its not like im calling it a masterpiece here.

Very cool. Fun for sequence-breaking.

>better than prey's tismo
No. The fucking handgun in Prey has more kick than the shotgun in fucking Bioshock. Prey is not a shooter and it STILL has meatier weapons and more fun in combat than Bioshock, which as you claim, is a shooter. Fucking think about that.

>but its a shooter
It's an attempt for a hybrid that fails in both areas: it has no depth or interesting problem-solving that defines Prey, but the shooting is also complete shit.

>Amnesia
>Just a bad dream
>The chosen one
These are not good things to have in your story driven game.

tune in retard

You're capable of roaming into areas with enemies that will assfuck you, right out of the lobby, other than that it's really fun, kind of linear though.

It's great, only issue I had with the game is the constant loading screens, especially near the end when you do a lot of backtracking

>The fucking handgun in Prey has more kick than the shotgun in fucking Bioshock.
were talking about arkane's prey, right? we didnt play two different games, did we?

I played it when it first came out, positive threads about only started a couple of months ago, you have either selective memory or you just didn’t pay attention

I thought I was smart for sequence breaking and exploring, but as it turns out several areas of the game are gated through keycards you cannot acquire without progressing in the story. Absolutely maddening design choice in a game that's supposed to be about freedom of exploration and using alternate paths to get places.

Prey 2 babies are the ones that hated on it for almost a whole year until and after release, nothing to do with bioshock

That's what I mean, there's not really any sequence breaking, every bit you can do feels like it was intended because eventually you hit a wall where you have to progress in a specific way, like every area is just a sandbox tied together rather than an actual point of progression

A simulation centered around events that occurred to test your morality is far better than just a dream

are you from some mandela timeline because all i remember after prey's release was
>what went so right?
that whole controversy was pure autism. prey 2 didnt die for prey, arkane just made a fucking game

It's System Shock 3

t. video essayist

One of the best and most underrated games of the past few years; a true successor to System Shock 2.

>test your morality
this is the stupidest shit ever, and possibly even worse than it simply being a dream.
Pathologic handles the concept of a "sim" with infinitely more grace--WITHOUT reducing your experiences within the game world to "duhh we wanted to see if you were nice to humans or not so you could be my stand-in for my dead sibling, but if you weren't we would literally just try again and again." The idiotic binary choice at the end of Prey just cements it as a terrible ending.

It's always great when a game starts to get a decent following for discussion on Yea Forums. It always attracts the sad bastards that become enraged at the slight notion of Yea Forums enjoying something.

Selective memory it is then

To be completely honest, comparing Pathologic to Prey is rather unfair. They are very, very different kinds of games. Pathologic is basically unique type of title. Prey, as great as it is, is still "just" an immersive sim, with properly gated and fairly linear progression.

Also, Pathologic 2 - as absolutely amazing as it is - also drops the ball HARD on it's ending.

dishonored but space

>I played it when it first came out, positive threads about only started a couple of months ago,
Bullshit.
Aside from the Human Head autists and people who straight up despised the notion of immersive sims, Prey one was very much positively seen around here.

Strictly talking about classic hd patho, haven't played 2 at all
But comparing story beats is very fair especially when they hit such similar notes. Pathologic's gameplay loop is grindy, tedious, and pathetic so there's really no need to discuss that

Even if we limit ourselves to Pathologic HD, there really is nothing much to compare. They really do not hit similar notes, nor have similar structure at fucking all.

upgrade the shotgun first

Did you not play pathologic? The entire game is a simulation in which you MUST immerse yourself as an actor. You are reminded almost constantly of this fact by the developers and other characters in the game. Its genius is that it does not hide the simulation aspect from you but lets you draw your own conclusions from it. Your final choice in the end depends upon how well you understand your character's motivations and progression through the playthrough regardless of your self-awareness as an actor. Whereas Prey is a turgid morality play of do good or do bad with an even more boring choice in the end.

Glitched on me at the defense mission and was struggling to hold interest before then.

For someone who seems quite analytical and has a fairly good grasp and explanation of what you think Pathologic means, you sure did completely fucking miss what Pathologic means.

Neat game. Too easy and god awful enemy design keep it from being great.

Fuck everyone in this thread

Attached: fuckbethesda.png (888x4343, 589K)

I finished original Pathologic several times, and you got it completely wrong. Not to mention that Pathologic's entire fucking point is META-narrative, not diegetic one. And the whole fake-ass "children" ending is a joke the game plays on you, not an actual diegetic conclusion to the story. Not to mention that the ending is not a test of anything but your ability to keep adherents alive, and then simply chosing which ever of the avaialble solutions do you personally believe to be more right.

God knows that I love Pathologic, both games, but comparing it to Prey is completely pointless, they are followng entirely different philosophy and completely different themes.

Then what does it mean?
It is sort of a test, as each character has "their" canon ending that makes sense from their perspective. And I'm aware the Powers that Be are a joke, the meeting in the theatre after saving all adherents makes that especially clear if it weren't obvious already.

I liked it.
Weird difficulty curve of starting out pretty hard but becomes really easy later on

>It is sort of a test, as each character has "their" canon ending that makes sense from their perspective.
Each character has an ending they persue if you don't play as them, and that you will have always unlocked as long as you don't fuck hard enough to not be even allowed into the cathedral on last day, but that is where it ends. There is absolutely no reflection what so ever on whenever you chose "your" ending or not aside from ten second long extra "cutscene" just showing some dolls. It's not a test of anything.

The game does fucking laugh at you if you manage to fuck up completely, telling you that you most likely got too fucking immersed and forgot that "winning" is still important, which is a really neat little touch, but it's not test of anything.

This. Not a bad game by any means, but definitely overrated.

>awful level design

no.

>you will have always unlocked as long as you don't fuck hard enough to not be even allowed into the cathedral on last day, but that is where it ends.
well shit, I saved at least 2/3 of adherents on my first playthrough and I always assumed that you would have to make the choice between a few endings

install it on your SSD, load times were painful on HDD.

this

Bioshock 1 has fuck-awful level design. Absolutely attrocious. Invisible War level of attrocious level design.

It all depends on the adherenets you save. If you save just yours, you don't get to chose anything, because neither of the two other characters will be even allowed to present their own case in front of Algaya and General.
If you save yours adherents and those of at least one other character, they will be present there and provide a case for their solution. You will then get to side with them, or push your own.
If you don't save your own adherents, the game will "default" on the bad ending, even if you managed to save someone elses ones.

It's awful. The story is shit and the respawning enemies and backtracking ruined the game.

It's System Shock but with a different, and less intimidating atmosphere. Honestly, if you took the mechanics and engine of Prey and made it System Shock in aesthetics and story, I would've liked it better. It's not bad however.

Just comparing it to SS2, I feel like the atmosphere of SS2 was pulled off better. You felt like the whole station was against you, the corners were tight and cramped, you had to keep your ears up for anything approaching you. The Many were a better antagonist than the Typhon and were alien, but at the very least talkative. Their creatures being abominations of flesh that didn't go full on undead, just mutant or cyborg.

I'm gonna pick up SS1 soon, I bought it and Prey during this sale and tried both, but I feel that I'll need more time to adjust to SS1's controls.

Regenerating enemies in previously explored areas that swap randomly and scale to your level. Now THAT’S some technology...the game was fucking shit by the way and I’m glad I dropped it before the ending, but wished I had dropped it before the two forced homo relationships.

>Bioshock 1 has fuck-awful level design. Absolutely attrocious.
you're the cancer killing gaming
kys piece of shit

There were loads of positive threads and a couple negative by an autist who was upset by the name of the game. I remember it clearly

Are you fucking kidding me? You are defending the Xbox 360's-RAM-restricted, linear, incredibly poorly scaled, incredibly detail-lacking shit and you call ME cancer?
Are you fucking kidding me?!
It was the EMBODIMENT of everything that was wrong with the Halo/CoD era, last gen console gaming: absolutely horrendeously stream-lined, brain-dead, and incredibly ugly level design for morons.
Fuck you. You are the cancer. It's because of people like you who defend this absolute trashpile that we got shit like Bioshock Infinite.

>before the two forced homo relationships
Oh here we fucking go. You're one of those people.

It's good, but the load times are horrendous.

>Bioshock was lacking detail

You're a complete idiot.

You are literally defending the laziest fucking level design in history. You do NOT get to insult others, you trashbag. We had almost a decade of BAD GAMES because of idiots like you.

I went full alien spec and got absolutely fucked. They’re completely right. Basedthesda spoiling this shit game.

Like, the thing I didn't like with the Typhon (they weren't bad, just not very memorable, or threatening aside from the Nightmare) is that they're mostly black blobs without much character. They were psychic, and that was a big part of their character, but it just didn't stick out so much. I know they didn't speak any language you could understand, but they were just boring antagonists because of it. The Many talked to you through psi, tried to reason with you and on and on. It gave them character. Then, in the end, their infection on the station was honestly underwhelming. The Many hijacked systems on the station quite intelligently, they had an A.I working for them, they crawled themselves into every corner and crack of the station and basically made a big tumor to prevent you from escaping.

Then there's also Shodan as your tsundere ally/secondy protagonist, and even just with her voice she added quite a lot to the feel of the game.

If I could have SS2 (they could fix the Rickenbacker and forward too, since that shit was rushed) or SS1 remade with Prey's engine, I would take it over Prey. But Prey isn't bad.

finally got around to beating system shock 2 since I always saw people compare prey to it. Great game, not as 'open' as I expected it to be and it was a bit tedious towards the end, but the whole time it had me thinking that if prey had handled resource management as well as SS2, it would've been much better for it. prey gives you too much ammo, too many neuromods, too many repair kits, too many ways to get more crafting material and too many weapons (since theres no minimum requirement to use any of them). Mooncrash is proof that the game is much more fun when resources and abilities are limited.

Attached: 1561138729708.png (512x1024, 172K)

ss1 is very playable with the mouselook

Don't forget that Prey has instant healing from inventory. Don't know if that's in ss2 but it's a gigantic blight on any game that wants to present itself as a challenge.

ss2 doesn't pause when in inventory and the only healing that isn't over time is food that only gives you 1hp, but yeah that's another problem with prey since there's so much food lying around that you rarely need to use health kits, making it another resource that you'll never be low on.

user I know. But I'm simply not used to shifting in and out of mouselook to handle the menus.
System Shock 2 suffered from being rushed after the Rickenbacker. It's one of the reasons why the game starts becoming tedious during The Many, Shodan's final boss level and why the ending is strange as fuck. It's still a classic ending, but if they ever remade the game (and I wouldn't have any problems with it taking some aspects from Prey, like moving props and the more non-linear approaches to some rooms) I sure do hope they'd fix the last three levels.

How good is the story in this game compared to Bioshock or Deus Ex?

SS2 neither pauses when you go to upgrade w/ cybermodules or when you open your inventory. This makes SS2 unbelievably frantic when you're in a hall and unsure where the enemies might be. Basically imagine this
>go to door
>don't have key, start hacking instead
>minigame is very short and self-contained, not taking over the screen like in Prey, though Prey's system is still okay
>suddenly enemy sounds bust up from your side, has a gun and starts shooting
>get out of hacking mode, open inventory, grab appropriate weapon/ammo since weapon/ammo types matter a lot for damaging the right enemies in this game
>maybe grab the psi module and buff yourself the fuck up as fast as you can if it's necessary
>blast the enemy down without getting hit
>you can now hack the door safely again, if you didn't alert more enemies

And grabbing your weapons also requires you to use the mouse, so if you aren't used to it, things become pretty stressful. I'd also like to say that mastering SS2's inventory feels very good.

I need to play ss2. I'm still in the middle of my first DX playthrough and I just got to France, so I have to finish that and put off getting into Monster Hunter for another month so I can play it

giving it a bit more credit than it's owed, weapons are hotkeyed and so is changing ammo type, but I won't deny that the game never being paused makes shit way more tense

DX easily has the best story among any of these games. Enjoy, it gets wild

Admittedly I haven't played the game in a while, so I forgot that. But I still had to switch weapons on the fly through the inventory when I was presented with a situation I wasn't prepared for.
Like a new enemy time, or when I ran out of ammo and my melee weapon fucking sucked, so I needed to swap wrench for Shodan's crystal. Just an example, but I remember doing it. You also have to do it with Psi Hypos and whatever you used to heal yourself, so the point still stands. If you wanna live, you have to be really fucking fast with the mouse & keyboard, it doesn't give you a moment to catch your breath. Enemies can also attack you by the medical rooms if you lead them to it, so you're not even safe there.

You could make the game even more "on your toes", but that'd have to require remaking the game without early 2000s restrictions. Letting enemies wander a bit more freely would be neat, as an example.

vast majority of bad rep comes from the title
it basically got shitposted to death here, normies can't into it so double the failure
a shame, it's great

How is a full psionics build? I'm thinking about replaying this.

by full build do you mean putting most of your mods into it or taking ONLY psi mods? in both cases it's entirely viable and has a lot of variety but if you mean the latter then you'll be losing out on some pretty good shit like more psi points and more effective psi hypos, on top of being pretty weak up until you get into psychotronics.

gotcha

never found it to be tedious since the last maps are quite straight forward and small so its over quickly but i can see that the time constraints are there

its meh. the stories the environment and dead bodies tell is where its at. you play these games for gameplay, not for story, even tho deus ex kicks ass in that department.

Bioshock had a better story than gameplay though. In fact I remember the narrative better than the linear gameplay.

That’s why I asked. A shame, I’d be willing to play if it had fun gameplay and food for thought like Deus Ex

Alright cool

still worth it imo. you can play for two hours and then refund

Extremely well designed map areas which make great use of three dimentional space

SJW devs
they made an entire questline about gay ass literally gay recordings of two disgusting faggot dykes
do not give the devs money, gameplay and design are great, the last third of the game is fucking horseshit since they ran out of money and the ending is divisive, I pirated the game with no regrets

Attached: 1444245242236.png (240x240, 65K)

It's bloated, convoluted, overly long and misleading
>"You can play however you want!"
>Except you can't tackle the monsters head-on until you have spent enough points on their abilities
>Crafting elements scarce and useless
>Go here, WAIT go here first WAIT go here first WAIT
>Forget what you were supposed to be doing initially
>Feels like a bioshock clone
>If you escape before the game wants you die for no reason
>It's actually one of the "bad endings"
It was fucking trash. Pity, because it had an interesting concept (space communists+alien)

Boring enemies and weapons.
Neat setting, story and gameplay.

A must play.

Attached: platinum-games-ceo.webm (576x336, 882K)

>spoiler
>WITHOUT reducing your experiences within the game world to "duhh we wanted to see if you were nice to humans or not so you could be my stand-in for my dead sibling, but if you weren't we would literally just try again and again."
hahahahaha
lmao
simply lol
>he doesn't know

Exactly. The game outright lies to you at the beginning
>Play as you want!
>Meaning: you can find a vent and crawl through or find a keycard. Sometimes lol
>In a game with a fucking recycling bomb
>Which can recycle metal
>...yet can't destroy doors very clearly made of metal
A fucking joke.

To make matters worse, some doorways are blocked by destructible crates that ARE subject to recycler charges.
Blunder of the fucking century tbdesu.

Is it really stuffed with identity politics?
I heard it was actually well implemented and not in your face, but I haven’t played it to confirm this. That bad?

Story is garbage though. Boring as fuck and predictable all the way through. Literally Bioshock is better in this department.

not at all, its just user being autistic

first part of the game is amazing, after they introduce more enemies it's shit.
only mimics as enemies would have been a better experience

Horrible game.

>Hey I got an idea! Let's make a Bioshock clone... but Rapture will be in SPACE!
>>Great idea! Should we make the game as good as Bioshock?
>Nope!
>>ok I'll go take a glance at shit to copy from Bioshock, take a dump and we'll bang this out in 3 days.

>Is it really stuffed with identity politics?
No.
One of the backstories involves two female lovers. It's one of the bigger side stories, but it's still just background chatter. It's not particularly juxtaposed to any political statements or anything - it's just a love story like any other. That is it.

>muh bioshock
It's a System Shock clone you fucking zoomer. And at least it tried unlike your fucking abortion of a "shock" game.

Attached: shodan.jpg (900x678, 137K)

Apart from story, Bioshock is not a good game. Gameplay is linear and boring

>it’s just a love story like any other
No it isn’t
>it’s not particularly juxtaposed to any political statements
Yes it is. Showing faggotry is a deliberate statement of ((((inclusion)))) to normalize degeneracy and push leftist views

have sex

>he concedes

>new ip

Nope, just pointing out the obvious.

I'm a new IP you fucking retard

And your response lacked any validity, meaning you still concede to the other guy’s post, you fucking imbecile

And the story was nothing to write home about. Finally bit the bullet and played it. Didn't like it.
>Hacking is a fucking pipe minigame
>Gunplay feels generic and repetitive
>Guns are your average run of the mill
>Upgrades feel forced
>Dat plot twist
A friend was shilling it to me for years
>Point out my qualms
>"But it was great for its time!"
Metroid Prime does everything Bioshock attempted a thousand times better.

>No it isn’t
It is. At no point is ever discussed anywhere in relation to any political subjects. They are not portrayed as victims, nor as any form of an ideal to strive for.

>Yes it is. Showing faggotry is a deliberate statement of ((((inclusion)))) to normalize degeneracy and push leftist views
The irony is that only a MARXIST would believe that "representation" is a move of power and a political statement. You are exactly what you claim to hate. Brainwashed marxist who can literally only interpret the world in temrs of marxist idenity wars and obsession with political ideologies, constant paranoia and mythologies of opression.

How does it feel, being what you hate? Do you have fun living with yourself, knowing that you are as bad as the worst of people that you despise? That you literally parrot their own fucking beliefs like the fucking obedient lapdog that you are?

The story has ONE clever idea. Rest is meh. But the biggest problem of the game is really the level design and environments, which are fucking bad.

would be pure gold if not for shitty fake ending in the middle of the game that spoils the actual one

Bioshock’s commentary on religion, man’s tendencies to degenerate, and the futility of achieving perfection are leagues ahead of 99% of video game narratives. Name a couple games with better social commentary.

But only, perhaps, from a meta point of view. There is nothing in gamr that says "omagass we are so oppressed and oppression is bad and if you are oppresive you're bad". As the other user said, it's just another love story. Was it included because of quotas and representation and blablabla? Probably. But I don't see you complaining about playing a chink, either.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Yes. Even 4 and 5. Especially 2.

MGR

One of the "main" sidequests is about 2 carpet munchers which arent even together anymore but the one that survived asks you to kill a guy to avenge her partner.
You are actually forced to listen to their gay chatter from audio logs because you have to take samples from the voice of one of them to open a door so its not like you can avoid this.
So an unskippable quest is about 2 gay women talking about their gay lives. Nothing forced here right?

You also find audio logs about 2 faggots. One asks if the other "likes what he sees" (taking about his ass).

There are other minor bullshit too you read from emails.

And lastly Arkane makes sure to model every female character as disgustingly as they can (Dishonored 2 style).

Nigga, just literally change the name to John or whatever AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE THE SAME. There's no "yeah, I am a woman and I love pussy, scissoring literally makes me cum buckets of pussy juice into another pussy that belong to a woman who is a lesbian because I am a lesbian and I only get off to women because I am a lesbian too who enjoys, nonono, NEEDS to be licked by another woman who also is a lesbian Valerie Solanas is my favorite human in the history of the world. Kill that man if you agree". You are so fucking mad about a non-issue that I am lmaoing at your mental abilities.

It's utter shit. The protagonist has no personality but there's nothing to make up for that because the NPCs and the setting are garbage, the map is boring, the enemies are boring, your alien powers are boring, the story is a joke. One of the least memorable entries in its genre.

It's the safest yuri two-girls-doing-cute-things lesbian romance possible. The kind described as patriarchal male fantasy by the shrieking crowd.

You think Bioshock is better?

The inclusion is political and you now admit that it was put there to appease the leftist Marxist worldview and dogwhistle to leftist marxists. thank you for conceding

It doesnt have to be a "muh oppression" storyline to be political. It is obviously a deliberate attempt to normalize faggotry. In fact including faggotry in an otherwise (((normal))) story only further works to normalize it. It's literally saying that faggots are normal and part and parcel part of life.

you have mental problems

>The inclusion is political
Why did you not answer my question?
How do you live with yourself when you know you are actually actively arguing the precise same ideology you pretend to hate?
"Inclusion" is not political unless you turn it into political, by dancing along according the Marxist fiddle.

ss1 and ss2 are great
bioshock sucks

Attached: shock simple.jpg (610x627, 288K)

>only marxists can see propaganda goy now ignore the brainwashing! If you fight the leftists youre just as bad as them!!!

I didn't answer you're stupid question because it doesnt prove me wrong lmao. In fact it proves you acknowledge I'm right but need to discredit me somehow. You're just butthurt someone sees through the propaganda and you're desperate attempt at damage control. Again, you already admit the game dogwhistles to LGBTP crowd, thank you for conceding

Yes. Bioshock at least has some memorable enemy designs and setpieces, and a stylish setting. Prey has nothing to fall back on.

Based retard

fuck off lezzie

Attached: have sex.jpg (599x470, 170K)

There's literally one enemy (splicer or whatever) and one boss (big daddy). That's it.

most of my deaths were actually from combat because I'm not a retard and avoided environmental hazards
those fucking fire phantoms fucked me up good, though

Is there any game with a bigger pleb filter ending?

Attached: 1561239914990.png (544x900, 232K)

>This level of mental gymnastics
It's like watching Neo bending the spoon

>black goo monster
Dropped. You couldn’t get more generic than that.

This, I was mad as fuck when Bioshock released after them spending months talking it up as a spiritual successor to SS

Prey finally was catharsis

was I lying about anything?

some retards see those things and choose to stay willfully ignorant
others see the brainwashing leftist devs are trying to push

its very simple, you dont have to go nuclear just because people saw through the lies and didnt like the """""""game""""""""

Where do I acknowledge you are right, exactly?
You see: I reject the notion that representation is a political problem, because I don't like sucking somene else's cock. I don't like that some cunt somewhere gets a mandate to dictate what gender, race or sexuality is allowed to represent. You, on the other hand, are a cocksucker. It does not matter if you suck a cock of a tranny, or some bald asshole: you are still someone's BITCH.

So again: how do you live with that?

wow.

just play the boring demo and you will find out that it's boring

>muh enlightened centrist fence sitter

I live just fine secure in the knowledge that I stand for my identity, convictions and beliefs and am not a coward like you.

Either way you prove my point whether you know it or not, you've been conditioned to believe faggots are normal and dont need to be stopped. you're already brainwashed by leftism lol

Is this game a better immersive sim than Dishonored 2?

>I live just fine secure in the knowledge that I stand for my identity, convictions and beliefs and am not a coward like you.
By screeching "Politicians, politicians, please protect me and tell me precisely what can be put on paper or screen!"
Yeah. Amazing stand behind your identity, you little bitch. Whinning on Yea Forums: I can see you are a real fucking warrior all right. Not seeing a game, instead seeing EVIL KIKES EVERYWHERE makes you such a wise person too.

You are the only one conditioned. You are what we call a "Conflict Theory" believer. You believe that human history is formed by conflict of opposing magical powers, and that you have to obey one party and see enemies everywhere except where your master tells you not to look.

You are a Marxist. A pure blood Marxist. You literally cannot parse the world unless relying exclusively and entirely on his thoughts. And you are so fucking deeply indoctrinated you literally cannot comprehend others not sufferig the same affliction.

Prey is VERY similiar to Dishonored 2 in a good way. I think its on the same level, but Prey is the better game.

Yes, in that it's far more flexible and open. In terms of overall game quality Dishonored 2 definitely has more polish.

System shock ruined by modern devs. The sjwism in some places pretty obvious.

It's actually a pretty baffling game for me.
The story is good overall is good, but the characters inside the game are complete shit.

The gameplay is nice, and level design great, but it never goes above system shock.It's like something is missing.

>Arkane
>modern devs
Prey is absolutely amazing, easily on the same level as either SS game.

hes complaining about it being linear hes clearly a open world fag

Arkane changed a lot during the years user. its not arx fatalis arkane.

>There are brown people in it
>BUHHHHH SJWS RUINING MY CYBERPUNK!

>It's like something is missing
Oh, you're just a soul/soulless fag.

Yes it's because of brown people you said it yourself. Congrats.

Weapon variety is shit, characters are not as memorable as SS2, Levine fag or not made some really interesting characters in all the games he worked on, including the great mains setting for Thief before leaving.
Game is easy as fuck and boring very fast.

Prey is good, but I think SS2 worse in some aspects. I like the extra interactivity with the environment and the movement/shooting, but SS2 has better atmosphere among other things.

I feel that it's more fair to compare Prey to SS2 than SS1 as well, since its more similar to that than the old one in terms of gameplay.

I think it's worse than SS2*

That is the main strength of Prey, great level design. And audio ambience that reminds me of Thief.

It's honestly a shame that a developer with such love for LGS never went above them.
Dishonored and Prey are good but very forgettable.

yeah the audiologs were way better in ss2. we got people like korenchkin and diego. i also felt that there were just a handful of audiologs in prey, like really really few. and the emails too were not very numerous which was sad.

I said this in an earlier post, but if they had gotten the license for System Shock and just decided to remake SS2, fix/unrush the Rickenbacker and everything after it, it'd have probably been better than Prey imo. As long as they didn't stray from the core elements that make SS2 good.

A shame because the game oozes quality in some aspects.

Arkane is now dead as well. Raphael left.

There are easily double the number of audiologs and hundreds of emails wtf are you talking about?

>hes complaining about it being linear hes clearly a open world fag
No, I'm a fan of actual proper level design. Like what Thief 1/2, Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Dishonored, or Prey had. Small, self-contained and detailed level that feel like they make some sense, and offer freedom in how you solve various problems by actually PRESENTING hand-made problems, and offering both tested and accounted-for solution as well as potential for something the dev may have not anticipated.

In Bioshock, you literally can't go more then ten meters away from the main path, and it is always a fucking dead end too. The levels are hideous and incredibly poorly scaled, with the most popular theatre in the fucking Rapture having twenty seats and a arboretum that is supposed to provide oxygen for the ENTIRE CITY consists of a whooping TEN trees. But even worse than being ugly and poorly scaled: they are dull. There are no alternative paths. There are no puzzles to solve, no space for creativity. They are little more than tiny, ugly arenas. And it absolutely destroys what had been, at some point, a genuinely good idea for environment and art style.

It starts out really strong but doesn't really go anyhwere. Still a good game though. Don't play on normal difficulty because its mind numbingly easy.

Anything other than the tiny mimic typhons kill you in like three hits on normal difficulty.

this, retards keep reading "level design" and getting confused because they think it means "looks cool"

i will take ss1 as a base over ss2 any day of the week

When I accidentally pirated Bioshock instead of another game I quit and uninstalled probably before the halfway point because of how boring it was. I've played Prey for an hour or so and so far it already seem more interesting.

Shut up, fag.

And you oneshot pretty much everything with the shotgun, only the nightmare and floating psychics take a few hits.

>forced faggot shit
So glad I never played this garbage.

in prey: 88, in ss2: 150 audiologs. come on bro.

>super overrated and spammed on Yea Forums
Maybe recently, but it can be days before I see another thread sometimes

>niche genre
ok?

>offers little to no challenge but people forgive that because it has skills to play around with
If it's so easy turn up the difficulty, I played on the hardest difficulty first playthough and the game was hard as fuck. Are you also complaining about a game that wants you to shoot enemies with guns? Are you a retard?

>meh story and pretty fucking terrible ending
It's not the greatest, but it's by no means bad at all. Also the ending has a cool twist that makes it worth playing again from all the subtle shit you can find.

Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=0YLMk1E41kE

I suppose I'll have to congratulate the designers then, because putting enemies that basically require the use of more than just the useless shock gun and jizz launcher before you get anything useful means that the player actually has to exploit the features of an immersive sim and improvise. I jizzed the big typhon and whacked it with the wrench. It tried to flee to the next room and I threw a gas canister into the room. All the tiny typhons emerged at once and their spawn cloud dealt damage to their surroundings, detonating the gas can and killing most of them. That's how you're supposed to play these games. There's lots of stuff and mechanics that let you use that stuff and you need to find ways to use that stuff to your advantage. I found myself climbing up every ventilation pipe ever since the beginning just because it's possible.

the real redpill is that immersive sims have bad gameplay and level design.

I played on the highest difficulty with all survival mods on. Furthermore, I didn't use the time slow power and I didn't abuse pause-heal in combat. The game's ridiculously simple and offers no challenge as far as combat goes and I have no idea why people are so averse to admitting this very, very obvious flaw in the game.
DX1 has great level design

Nah

/thread

>DX1 has great level design
DX1 isn't a great immersive sim though. Doesn't even hace mantling. I don't know about Invisible War but with the newer games it wasn't until MD that mantling was added. But because it isn't a great imsim it has decent RPG elements because you actually need to have augs in strength in order to jump higher or stack heavy things. If the game was like Thief you could just jump and climb and the level designers couldn't "class-restrict" players

SO, SO FAST THE SAILING SHIPS
THE OUTER RIM THE INNOCENCE
THE LOVELY AIR THE WIND IT BREATHS
IT CALLS

WHERE DO YOU FOLLOW
WHERE DO YOU LEAD WITH AN UNCLEAN HAND
A FIRE TO FEED
LIKE THE SIGNS OF THE COSMIC THE CRUSH OF THE ICE, ITS JUST
BETTER IN BLOOD
LIKE THE SUREST GOLD SUN

WHEN DO YOU FOLLOW
WHERE DO YOU LEAD
WITH A CUT CLEAN HANDS
A FIRE TO FEED

>UNCLEAN HAND
>CRUSH OF THE ICE
>GOLD SUN

Attached: 133674821030.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

It does not even look cool, that is the worst part. I absolutely love Bioshock's IDEA for art direction and settings, it looks cool in the first ten minutes and on artwork, but the incredibly fucked-up scaling does not make it look actually cool in the leves.

But SS2 also class restricts thing and is also an immersive sim.

Still, an imsim where the character can utilize their hands is a better one than one where the character can't. A human with hands should be able to climb.

Attached: chad bioshock vs virgin prey.png (698x778, 142K)

>forgetting about all those audio tapes
>forgetting that there were no straight people on the space staion

This game totally flew under the radar for me. So it's apparently the same style of game as deus ex and system shock?

most of the popular patch mods re-enable the mantling if it bothers you that much

why play ultima underworld when wolfenstein 3d exists?
why play system shock when doom I & II exist?
why play terra nova when quake and duke exist?
why play thief when half life exists?
why play system shock 2 when ut and quake 3 exist?
why play deus ex and thief 2 when perfect dark and nolf exist?
why play prey when nudoom and nuwolfenstein exist?

Prey scored worse because it's a better game. No, you can't convince me that isn't true.

Bioshock sucks and is barely even a "shock" game. I don't know why anyone would call it a spiritual successor given how retardedly simple it is.

Attached: 9.1 user reviews.png (655x351, 75K)

why play video games when sex exist?

>So it's apparently the same style of game as deus ex and system shock?

It's System Shock in the same way that Sonichu is Sonic. An autistic failure of an attempt that would be greatly enjoyed by simps.

Attached: 1558481651978.png (376x592, 48K)

bioshock aged like shit user

Prey is a much better game but serves them right.
Next time dont try to imitate bioshit style.

The only game that deserves a good modern take is Thief but Suare did a good job ruining it like Lara.
Strange because we are now seeing a revival of classic 90s fps but the one that was really trying to push gaming, and had amazing style was Thief.

Still the fan mission community is going strong.

pokemon traumatized you so much as a kid for not being able to climb back ledges?

It was super creative and very interesting. Also introduced several characters that most people will recognize in an instant.

You can't say the same for Prey.

google "The dark mod"

I don't give a fuck about Prey, I'm calling Bioshock a shit Shock game, which it is.

Prey is SS, not BS.

I know about the dark mod what about it?

Well that's true. Still liked it more than Ghey though.

its good

It's okay. It never went anywhere compared to fan missions. it's jank as shit.

You are both fucking retards for calling them "immersive sims". Fuck off.

>YOU ARE SILLY FOR SAYING COMMONLY ACCEPTED WORDS
No, I don't think I am.

Literally everything in Bioshock is directly ripped from SS2.

It's also dumbed down as all hell.
SS2 is streamlined SS1, but Bioshock is just fucking garbage.

bioshock 2 is better than 1 though and allows more build variety and specialization than bioshock 1 otherwise I agree

ssniggers still seething