Are there such a thing as FFXIV Private servers?

Are there such a thing as FFXIV Private servers?

Are they any good?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SapphireServer/Sapphire
seventhumbral.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I won't be happy until 1.0 private servers

theres not even a 1.0 server?

Games been out for fucking years now wtf

there's one but its a server emulator instead of a real private server, also theres a 1.0 PS in progress but it haven't seen progress for years
github.com/SapphireServer/Sapphire

>clearly hasn't played
it's okay dude. 1.0 was a very different time. I doubt anyone has the motivation to replicate it. I know of a couple of attempts, but no real progress, as mentioned.

how would one go about connecting to it? Is it near enough the same as playing WoW private servers?

Just torrent the game and fiddle with a couple realmlist files and download the privaste server launcher?

I just figured 1.0 was like the vanilla version of the game. Clearly im wrong.

there's also the open 1.0 one where there's nothing and u can just teleport around and see how the game was like, but i dont even know if its still up in 2019 also regards to the shapphire it's how "dataminers" use the emotes and mounts before the server's go up e.g ffxiv reddit discord
seventhumbral.org/

1.0 was basically a completely different game that was so broken and awful that Squeenix withdrew it from the market. 2.0 is the 'vanilla' version of Final Fantasy XIV.

it isnt like that, WoW private server's based off a source that was leaked years ago and people just trying to add in the expansions/patches by themselves its just like how the runescape private scene is, FFXIV source never got leaked so it won't happen unless sapphire will be 100% finished, also 1.0 was everything server sided like menus click buttons etc it was aids

ohhhhhh the old version before ARR? I gotcha. I was too busy on WoW to even really bother with it unfortunately. So just pay for retail really cos it easier?

How different is 1.0 compared to ARR ?

not even the same thing

Gameplay is different ? Is it closer to FFXI ?

Completely different game systems.
Seamless world instead of load zones.
Crafting required realistic materials (20 nails and multiple planks of wood and steel rivets for a level 1 shield).
No instanced content.
Most of the game was repeatable quests.

It was basically a slightly faster XI with several even more cumbersome mechanics and way, way less content than even Vanilla XI. It wasn't finished. Also lag constantly.

And what was the shit people disliked about that game ? No instances ?

Server emulator is a private server (barring theft or release of the original server software) or do you mean nobody has used the emu to actually host anything yet?

there's two kinds of server emulators/private servers, one if a stolen source code and the second is a reversed engineered from the game client itself (that's the sapphire server and those 1.0 dead in progress servers) they have no scripts for the usual shit like quests npcs etc people usually use these to load new patches before the official servers goes online with them

>seamless world instead of load zones
>crafting required realistic materials
and why precisely would they remove these clearly superior features

ps3

fucking god damn consoles ruining things YET AGAIN
god.

FUCK the loading screens.

Because rendering early PS3 tier visuals for an entire zone at once was insanely taxing on 2010 PCs, the vast majority of these seamless zones were the same copypasted pieces if geometry over and over, and in order to make it seamless there were large stretches of nothing serving as stealth load zones.

And crafting was basically pointless. You had to put in more money than you'd get or else spend days preparing to make simple items, and there was no auction house/search function, so you had to HOPE someone would stumble upon your wares.

They're like one second if you have an SSD, who cares?

shitty map design is no excuse for having fucking loading zones.
>you had to put more money in it than youd get our or spend days making stuff
thats literally the point of crafting, assuming the items were actually good and useful
>no auction house
your only legit criticism

>SSD
I should not be required to throw 300-500 bucks on a fucking SSD to play a video game.

Shit, I've never had any issues with loading on a HDD.

Because a seamless world is infinitely better and more immersive for an MMO.

They're not distinctly different unless people recently started to change how jargon is used. Just two ways to achieve the same objective. I remember I met someone who ran their own wow private server, the software was amateurish and inefficient. They also had to download a separate content package reconstructed by an army of autists to populate the server with monsters, npcs, and quests.

You wont get the 1.0 server side content but I don't see why that matters much.

A 500 gb SSD costs like 80 dollars.
>B-but I shouldn't have to pay money for a computer/console!

I don't have regular HDD's anymore. SSD prices came down a lot and it was well worth the little extra to use a couple of SSDs instead.

1.0 wanted to be a sandbox mmo but had none of the features to support it. I would fucking do anything for a final fantasy mmo in the style of classic star wars galaxies, but with modern graphics, and if it wasn't laggy as shit.

wrong, it wasn't 1.0 that was awful, it was the game BEFORE 1.0 that was awful. 1.0 attempted to turn it into FFXI, and while it did end up having similarities, the attempt ultimately failed, and thus ARR happened. Probably for the best, as this game could have never replicated FFXI, even XIV post ARR is worse than XI.

Daily EXP cap that penalized you for playing more than a few hours.
Lack of content.
Grid based maps with 80% copy paste assets.

They changed the maps for ARR to lose the copypasta. The load zones were a measure to ensure lowspec and consoletards could play the game. All the ARR maps are directly connected. There are several load zones where you end up three steps ahead of where you were and all the rest are tunnels and bridges. You lose nothing and gain higher fidelity visuals.

>That crafting is fine
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
It's fine for it to be hard, but it was obscene. There were no recipes or hints. Players had to just fucking guess at the highly specific ingredients and quantities until they found something. Gathering mats was an RNG minigame where you didnt know fir certain what you'd get and success was tied to server side computing, meaning your timing minigame lagged by seconds.

All to make one item people outlevelled days ago.

Not op, but is it worth to try a FF11 Privat Server?

>no recipes or hints just guessing
>rng gathering that you didnt know you'd get
>to make an item outleveled easily
see i literally fucking put in my post that as long as this wasnt the case it would be fine

Even if they were useful that shit isnt acceptable.

They forgot to mention that crafting was also timed, and server lag could literally cause you to fail through no fault of your own.

Current crafting is useless. the best use for it is to craft levekits so other people can level their crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters, so they can craft levekits so other people can level crafters.

That said other mmo crafting is pretty pointless too because it's either an afterthought, or aprimary focus in a simulation experiment pretending to be a game.

why is crafting bad in FFXIV right now?

It isn't it's pointless. It's kind of "fun" and it's easy, but it's pretty much pointless.

So no to FF11?

maybe if ffxivs auction house wasnt total garbage with completely unnecessary """'retainers""" and just copied literally ANY OTHER MMOs AH system it would be more useful

There is literally nothing wrong with the current market board system.

No it wont. any character can make any item and level all the crafting jobs. You can even pay people to make your turn ins to level up yourself, that's where a lot of the money is made.

At best you save yourself a few gil in the long run in a game where money is on infinite supply.

yes there is.
i should not have to go through a goddamn npc to list something on the AH. just let me fucking drag and drop and hit LIST FOR THIS PRICE like every other mmo on the planet. god why do eastern games feel so compelled to needlessly complicate simple concepts with pointless mechanics like retainers fuck

>crafting pointless
Nigga you dumb as brinks if you think crafting is pointless. You can make close to end game gear with it and make a ton of money with it.

That's literally how you do it you just don't do it on the board.
The only difference is the thing you click

>destroys the scions in one swift blow
So this is the power of the ascians....

Attached: ffxiv_07012019_050934_949.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Found the user that wasn't paying attention in class.

I can't believe Alphinaud is fucking dead

Attached: 1539736918748.jpg (1920x1080, 777K)

>name expansion shadowbringers and heavily push drk in all marketing
P
>even put a drk in the logo of the game
>make pld the strongest tank
}story is written such that a PLD hero is actually more fitting thematically (honorable mention to whm)
>it is officially the paladin expansion now
As a pldfag I'm happy but sucks for drkfags desu

>remember that we existed

Attached: buty.gif (440x300, 1001K)

1.0 started as a barrage of different ideas that endorsed heavy amounts of customization of your characters, i guess the best example of this would be that your main job could be a crafter and you could progress through the story as a crafter. It was a game that was aiming to be a second life sort of deal with FFXI elements rather than FFXI itself. The leveling system was also rather obtuse separating your characters physical level with your jobs level.
When Yoshida took over, he ACTUALLY turned the game into a mix of WoW and FFXI. The game retained all of its FFXI elements, but yoshida removed a lot of the insane amounts of customization the game had and streamlined combat jobs. He also removed the physical level, making it so only your job level was a thing. In my personal experience this was what ARR And on should have been, it was the perfect marriage of Tanaka and Yoshida in a game and wasn’t a boring soulless grind at endgame. The game also retained exp parties and actually socializing. It was the highlight of the game imo but considering 1.0 has the stigma it initially had most people really don’t know about this. That being said vanilla 1.0 wasn’t bad either, it was a heavily unoptimized game that ran like shit but it was full of good ideas just not balanced properly, it had a fuckton of potential and it was the closest this game was to an actual MMO.

Anyway ARR happened after that, Yoshida basically lied on every single promise he made to 1.0 players when it released, however as a 1.0 player I still found 2.0 to be a particularly pleasing game with lots of potential, even with the streamlined gear and its vertical progression. The combat mechanics back in 2.0 were far more interesting than what we have now and I really enjoyed having status effects in a game that essentially worked on being purely mechanical boss fights, it was some of the best combat I’ve experienced. Sadly the game caters to wowfugees and normalfags now

It is pointless because gear in this game is just flat out upgrades. Theres no reason to wear crafted gear over the superior tomestone piece you can buy for a currency you get daily. Thats why one of my major complains with this game is the horizontal progression.

Fucking finally. To bad I have unsubscribed so I can't watch it.

>we need to time travel
>Alexander could do that
>Cool let's build our own

Those fucks in the Ironworks are batshit

Sorry meant to say vertical progression, I always get those two mixed up

It cost 5010 genesis for a full set of scaevan. That took a really long time to get. Alternatively, you can just buy/craft a full set of crafted gear and your good to go.

I swear Cid is pretty much a dues ex machina at this point. He also will find a way to bring and also transport other people to the first and the source.

What the fuck is wrong with people? The game has been out for 3 days and learning parties already want you to watch a video for the EX fight.
Guess getting to 80 in 3 days was too slow, now I have to watch a fucking video to do content.

Attached: 711ffxiv19.png (863x54, 18K)

>Cid is pretty much a dues ex machina
But user, by the time they had The Tycoon up and running, Cid was dead and Bigg's grandkid was in charge.

I fucking hate watching videos. They're always made by some retarded faggot too. The most you're going to get me to do is read a guide.

Yes and grinding all that was just to give you a miniscule headstart in shadowbringers. Even now people are getting full sets of scaevan gear easily by just farming poetics, promptly equipping jobs better for the first 5 levels of 70-80 than crafted gear could, just to make crafting even more pointless as you fucking level. You also had that in the first 5 weeks of the genesis tomestone patch, it wasn’t hard at all to full equip roles way before the next expansion hit.
Crafting is pointless outside of cosmetics and food

>crafting
>pointless
Potions, stat food, and overmelding denies this claim

I read somewhere that alot of 1.0 was stored server side and not client side
So unless you can get to the official 1.0 server's you won't be able to fully replicate it.

Faster combat took the fun out of this game when ARR hit, because you could no longer socialize while actually playing the game.

>boring 0.5% buff consumables
>thing that is only relevant for crafting itself or when currency/raid gear completely shits the bed stat-wise

I mean, I like the crafting in this game, it's fun, but let's not pretend like it's anything more than an irrelevant sideshow 99% of the time.

Cid
Cid Stop

This is true of any modern MMO. And something most devs completely ignore now.

how can a poorfag like me play ffxiv without paying the monthly suscription? is there such a thing as a single payment purchase?

Don't.

Maybe things will be better during the ishgard reconstruction

You can't.

all you have is an option to pay a couple dollars less on the subscription if you limit yourself to one character per server

>this moment
he fucking did it bros.....

Attached: ffxiv_07012019_060126_206.png (1920x1080, 926K)

It's just for running around and looking at scenery, I think. Not really even a game in its current state. I don't have high hopes for 14 classic private servers.

Yeah, if you want to play with real people from level 10 onwards, work hard to achieve goals and you want the world to be big, scary and full of wonder, then absolutley.

If you just wanted to check out the game in a zero effort (but also close to zero reward, if you know what I mean) way I'd recommend the free trial instead.

It was, its part of the reason why the game was so laggy and unoptimized. In retrospect though, if they had perfected it, it would have been positive.

There's no reason to have multiple characters per server though since you can max everything on the same character.

Play the free trial