Should I buy pic related?

its on sale for 20 bucks at steam right now. I dont like steam but I like oldschool RPGs. is this any good? also theres a million dlcs and editions out so Im confused already. back in my day you bought the game and that was it *sips*

Attached: ImgW[1].jpg (420x600, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Lp1PF1JyWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The characters are all insufferable and terribly written but everything else about it is pretty decent if you like these types of games.

Pirate it though

insufferable how? if this is full with feminism, strong independent women and tranny shit Im gonna pass

I like Linzi and making fun of Nok.

>no Linzi romance

Attached: 1553688190538.jpg (500x552, 83K)

should i get this or pillars of eternity deadfire?

go for it i really like it much better than poe
the first act is klnda eh but once you get the kingdom it is get a lot better

literally anything is better than poe and tyranny

The first Pillars was entirely serviceable.

>a million DLC and editions
>7

its optimized like ass and based off pathfinder to boot.

the dlc Wildcards adds the tiefling race and twin tiefling girls you can romance at the same time. This is what got me to buy the game and so far its fine. interesting story and ok characters so far. its a shame that no matter the setting the game just fucking chuggs. >should i get this or pillars of eternity deadfire?
PoE i really want to like but both games kinda suck. shitty party members, okish lore besides the gods witch is just trash.

Make sure you get the wildcards DLC, all the other DLC is worthless.

Attached: 1559892857693.png (1666x890, 960K)

>insufferable how?
Half of them betray you in some way or act like general cunts. The only ones I found enjoyable were Jubilost, Nok-Nok, maybe the tiefling twins and Jaethal. You can easily play solo tho.

First PoE was really neat in the first half, but then you get to the main city and it just feels super empty compared to something like Baldur's Gate (inevitable comparison, especially at the time).

Then you finish Act 2, and the game loses all its momentum and Act 3 feels like a real drag after that.

my fellow cultured man. does alignment matter when wanting to romance both of these semon demons?

>Half of them betray you in some way or act like general cunts

Sounds like reasonable people

Wait for a GOG sale if you just want the game with no strings attached.

>the best romance is dlc
the ultimate trick of jewry

You'll want to play it neutral, good makes you favor blue, evil makes you favor red, their god is the god of neutrality so that's your path to both of them. You've got to start fucking red, then when blue catches you show interest in her too, then just play as neutral as possible and you should get them both.

Your own alignment, no.
It all comes down to two choices you have to make at two crucial moments

>two crucial moments
any hints as to what they are? avoiding spoilers im actually really enjoying the games story. if not hints what about when they happen chapter wise?

With as few spoilers as I can actually mange, when their daddy comes for a visit.

It's very much worth it if you liked Baldur's Gate. It's the closest anyone has come in the past 20 years.

>daddy
Many thanks user. I'm not big on Pathfinder as a TTRPG but if they aped the D&D origins for them im amusing Daddy is a demon if not outright PFs version of Amodeus.

are the two semon demons bi?

Yes

Attached: 1543822758075.png (900x507, 498K)

Yes.
And yes they aped d&d.

damn now I wanna play it
might wait for a GOG sale though

I pirated it. The first few hours are complete fucking dogshit, but then I REALLY got into it.
There're some iffy things, but overall I genuinely think this is the best cRPG of this kind since BG2.

>Yes
>Yes.
there really is a god. one of things keeping me form buying it was all the romances seemed lame and the optimization complaints. Why the fuck do devs make shit in Unity when Unreal exists?

>And yes they aped d&d.
they aped pretty much 90% of the TTRPGs rules, mechanics, and terminology from D&D too. Paizo are fucking hacks im glad PF 2e is a burning shit show for them.

>buying games for romances
I think you should stick to VNs

i could if VNs had actual gameplay that was worth a damn. I really Liked Huniepop that match 3 game was surprisingly fun.

>Paizo are fucking hacks
When your cerative process is
>DnD 4th edition sucks, we'll make our own 3d, with hookers and blackjack
That is to be expected.

Though they kinda lost that spirit eventually

>they aped pretty much 90% of the TTRPGs rules, mechanics, and terminology from D&D too
>implying thats a bad thing

It feels like a hybrid of baldurs gate and ice wind dale 2 only in 3d.
Its also long as fuck.
Also the characters are likable because they are not perfect fantasy caricatures but people whit actual flaws.
The game also has little to no SJW propaganda in it other than one Female barbarian criticizing her tribe for expecting women to stay at home and take care of children. Which in itself sounds like a realistic thing barbarians would do. And she is by no means a marry Sue because she did suck up way to many times and is not universally liked by evrione. The most feminist thing about the game i guess is that the games story Tank Fighter and Barbarian are female which are usually male characters.
Expect 100 hours minimum to beat it.

Attached: 8fc1253a927fbb7e1c6c8438291d8fc7.jpg (800x800, 190K)

>Though they kinda lost that spirit eventually
i can commend them for having gusto and making some neat classes conceptually but 3.5 barely works as a game and somehow they made it even for bloated and messy,

>>implying thats a bad thing
when it's stealing from the only version of D&D to have an outright massive re-haul of its rules to be even a functioning game. then yes. plus they expanded and add to those rules for a decade and made it one of the most bloated systems ive ever seen outside of fan games. the only reason it was successful was because 4e pissed a lot of people off with its huge changes to how the game worked fundamentally, and Paizo just said PF is 3.5. This lead to gonards playing pretty much D&D 3.5+ fan splats for almost 17 years. But when Paizo tires to do something new and mix things up with PF 2e their entire fan base revolts

I actually like the game, but Regongar & Octavia being massive sluts and also Valerie telling you how she used to fuck some stable boy during her confession scene felt kinda unnecessary to me.

I see you can play Monk in this on and since I could drag myself through NWN I dont think it will be hard to play through this.
Do I HAVE to take all those people with me every single time though?

>tell Octavia to fuck off
>instantly starts to flirt with Valerie
What a piece of shit

heh you can put the girl into her place if you wish to do so and the game will not punish you for it

You can make a full custom party. Though better do so at 1st/2nd level cause the cost rises fast

Wow its almost like these characters are not made specifically to be your virgin waifus had a life before you.

You can play solo if you want or with fewer party members.

As soon as you leave the tutorial area, you can just doomp your party in the hub and go solo. Wouldn't recommend it though, the game is balanced around full party.

>insufferable
>poorly written
>mechanically bad: see the fighter with a 3.x paladin statline
>the exhaustion nightmares until you consent to following your original plan in the name of an immortal godlike corpse

>I really Liked Huniepop

Attached: 1556107061569.png (800x800, 236K)

let's not forget
>game runs on divinity logic: Your character and the game plot is second fiddle to the Engaging Character Story
Nothing like being less important then the faggot barbarians nonsense

I just wanna thank whatever user told me to get wildcards back when the steam sale first started. These chicks make my dick hard.

Dude, I don't give a fuck, I just don't think it was necessary for this to be in the game to begin with.
Baldur's Gate managed without it. Torment managed without it. Fallouts managed without it, etc.
Anna probably fucked plenty but is Torment really any less of a game because it was not stated?

>be NE
>can't capture and re-sell octavia and her ORCED.com lover back to the slavers
why let me choose non chaotic if I can't make a quick buck off literal strangers

Attached: 1448298210483.png (583x339, 201K)

what you going to do cum in her pages?

>Baldur's Gate managed without it.

>Viconia: The price for my safety was the favors I bestowed...erotic arts that the Drow have honed for an eon. Does it amuse you that I had to run my dark hands along his sweaty folds and tickle him artfully with my tongue; that he exerted himself wildly as I passionately bit his shoulder?

100% Pathfinder.

looks like I just missed the summer sale on gog. next gog sale coming when?

365 days from now

It's good. Better than Pillars. Not as good as DOS2.

oh no no no I cant wait that long

Valarie did what? Glad I went go fuck a plant instead.

There are other sites which offer better deals with season pass aswell, got the game and pass (3 DLCs) for 20, so there is that.

where the good deals at my nig?

OP, you asked about DLC, and no one seems to have answered in full yet.

Wildcards, as has already been said, is the only one that's worth it for the tiefling twins.
Varnhold's Lot is a side story with a new party that happens at the same time as Chapter 2 of the main campaign.
Beneath the Stolen Lands adds a rather large high-level dungeon to the main campaign, and a random dungeon mode you can play at anytime with a fresh party.
The Season's Pass is just a bundle of the 3 above DLC.
The Royal, Imperial etc editions are essentially Collector's editions that add stuff outside the game you probably don't care about. The cheap one has just this stuff, soundtrack, concept art and the like, and the expensive one has everything I've mentioned above.

If you're still confused, buy the base game and Wildcards and call it a day.

no clue where you live so HRK games

base game and wildcards for 20 right now

thanks but its region locked for EU only.
Im a humble eurofaggot and will move to the US soon. fuck gotta wait for gog sale I guess.

shame m8

piracy?

Not fucking her with her face in a book. Smearing ink with her sweat and drool.

Faggot

I've tried to go back to PoE after a few Pathfinder runs and i simply laugh my ass off from all its retarded design decisions. Everything starting from the retarded stat system and character building and ending with small mechanical nuances like only being able to spot secrets and traps in stealth mode or having no pre-buffing makes me think that PoE was made by a legitimate autist. It's just an exceedingly dull and gray game.

The only thing PoE 1 did better than Pathfinder is druids and monks, and even they have weird design choices

>I dont like steam but I like oldschool RPGs
Do you like Baldur's Gate 1? It reminds me of Baldur's Gate 1. I liked it a lot.

strange because dos2 a shit

Turn based automatically elevates it above all the pleb tier real time cRPGs

Rtwp is better than turn based in every way, unless you enjoy having to spend 10 times longer on combat and being able to only move one character at a time.

Nothing is more pathetic than people caring about romancing video game characters.

Bioware catering to these fuckwits is the reason they are complete garbage these days.

Can I make them mothers? This will determine if I buy this game.

yeah because you cant pause every crpg with a push of a button, dos dialogue is so cringe that I couldnt care about the simple gameplay of HURR DURR THROW FIRE ON DA OIL TO MAKE DA BAD GUIZE GO DA BOOM BOOM, fuck out of here with there being a talking sheep or cow every 30 seconds, game is literally too cringe to enjoy

In turn based there are fewer enemy encounters so every fight matters.
And DOS2 takes that a step further with how it uses the terrain to make every fight unique even against the same enemies.
Rtwp is just using the same strategy against the same enemies over and over and over. It turns every non-boss fight into boring filler.

this

Choice and consequence in massive abundance which is the biggest bonus about Kingmaker. Character writing is on cringey, but they interact with one another and react to your decisions which is a big plus. They poured a lot of shit into this game. Makes me wonder why AAA games can't pull the same off.

Please. The romance is the least of the problems in your typical Bioware game.

>Turn based automatically elevates it above all the pleb tier real time cRPGs
I will never get why Larian couldnt just simply have done a new Divine Divinity, one were the game isnt over once your get a Frost 3 weapon

>In turn based there are fewer enemy encounters so every fight matters.
Fucking false. I guess you never been in a fight with summons in dos2
>And DOS2 takes that a step further with how it uses the terrain to make every fight unique even against the same enemies.
Even more false. The amount of guards and void anything you fight dwarfs every other fight in the game. Hell 95% of the first two acts are against mook guards.

>Sorcerer
>any somewhat challenging encounter results in battlefield becoming full of noxious gases with my skeleton army marching through the falling bodies

Attached: 1555245288578.jpg (513x510, 29K)

>brapmancer

DOS2 is nowhere nearly as good as pathfinder in virtually every single fucking way starting with the very foundation of character building and ending with actual combat mechanics.
Not even going to mention the things like itemization because Pathfinder just straight destroys the RNG loot of DOS.

Best CRPG since the IE games. Buy Wildcards for Best Girlx2.

>so cringe
>too cringe
kill you're self

Are there no two handed maces / warhammers in this game?

Its like asking why you can't genocide or rape in all other fantasy games.
Because its [Current Year]

Attached: k.jpg (437x431, 23K)

>pathfinder
>still bugged after a year
>rtwp
>pathfinder
>homosexual companions
>SJW dialogues
>fucking pathfinder
I regret wasting time pirating and playing it.

Playing PoE1 rn
Anyone else find combat boring in this

Yes. Best thing about this game is that other weapons get some pretty broken shit and not just longswords.

>still bugged after a year
Except it's not anymore, it's okay faggot I know that the sheer COMPLEXITY of the game went over your nigger head.

>homosexual companions
It's current-time RPG so paint me surprised.

>SJW dialogues
Wut? You can literally be a white knight or a bad boy smacking whores around.

You're just a brainlet .

Attached: 1547154654317.gif (240x180, 2.74M)

nope. My guy mains heavy mace and heavy shield. Get the Craft Magic Items mod, it lets you make good weapons since the shit you actually want is never what you find.

> Get the Craft Magic Items Mod
This guy gets it. This is literally the one thing that pisses me off about this game.

If you like CRPGs, buy it.
It's pretty much the only good one of the past 10 years.

>pathfinder
>complex
Never go full retard.

Thats bit sad, especially when 2handed swords exist

>haha i've made an argument
Here's (you)

Attached: 1554331169015.jpg (431x415, 20K)

>SJW bogeyman
I hate you idiots so very much. Too much of a brainlet to look past the shallowest surface and realize that the based Russians are actually making fun of them. This game right here is how you win in #currentyear and you can't even see it.

>no u

The game has everything tabletop pathfinder has. That does mean no two handed maces and hammers, but that's not the fault of the game, and no mod can fix that.

>is this any good?
It's pure shit, don't buy! Loads of bugs. I was playing solo, coudn't finish it because of dumb endgame curse, it would take me forever.

>Guys I'm a nigger and I play on a pirated version from a year ago

Attached: 1547788196649.jpg (222x293, 19K)

>I was playing solo
The Dunning-Kruger effect in action ladies and gentlemen. I freaking love how this game has forced out in the open everyone with delusions of grandeur from playing the baby's first CRPGs of the past decade.

There's no CRPG I couldn't finish solo except this piece of shit, But I was 1 step from a final boss.

>one guy replying to criticisms with memes and poor english
Fuck off Ivan, your game sucks.

Attached: 1516139399381.png (767x750, 256K)

Others can solo it, so maybe it's on you and not the game.

Wow, imagine feeling accomplishment after beating this game solo on normal, lmao.

You're just triggered because this is the only worthwhile cRPG in the last ten years, and you're too much of a nigger to play it.

What the actual fuck are you trying to say?

Neway you can proove it? Youtube video maybe?

Jokes on you, I only play hardest difficulties.

see

youtube.com/watch?v=_Lp1PF1JyWA

>not doing 6 sorc's for maximum spook

the sjw stuff is at an early 90s level (women inserts as fighters), nothing hamhanded.

strong recommendation for turn based mod

the turn based mod is really good though

Unfamiliar with Pathfinder rules but messed around with nu-CRPG's (Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2) so could use some tips.

Are there any "bad" classes, or is everything usable in the stock party?
What are good talents to start with?
How do you unlock the grayed out classes in the character creation screen?
Whats a good "starting class' just to get your feet wet and try the game out? Standard Fighter? Magus? Rouge? Something else?
Any other tips or tricks to get by?

Attached: i-have-some-questions.jpg (432x256, 81K)

You're not trying. Youtube guy didn't even get that far as I had. I stopped playing on a half way before the latern king.

I'm not an expert by any means but speaking from experience.

>Good starter class/talents
I'd recommend a pure Fighter Archer (Or just add one level of Vivisectionist if you're a min-max guy)

Human Str:16 Dex:19 Con:12 Int:12 Wis:10 Cha: 8 All bonuses into Dexterity (Swap Int/Wis into Charisma if you wanna level Persuasion)

At level 1 Fighter you get access to Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and Rapid Shot, a very strong start.

>Are there any "bad" classes, or is everything usable in the stock party?
No and yes.
>What are good talents to start with?
Depends on the class. But since I'm going to recommend it, human fighter with power attack and toughness.
>How do you unlock the grayed out classes in the character creation screen?
Those are prestige classes. They need certain things before you can lvl those and the game tells you what you need.
>Whats a good "starting class' just to get your feet wet and try the game out? Standard Fighter? Magus? Rouge? Something else?
Human fighter is crpg bread and butter first class, even more so when your new to things like d&d and pf. Another easy class is cleric or pally since both are fighters with healing and buffs.
>Any other tips or tricks to get by?
Just play the game and enjoy your fuck ups.

>Rtwp is better than turn based in every way
If you don't care about gameplay at all, yeah.

>Any other tips or tricks to get by?
F5 all the time.

This one is pretty obvious but explore maps thoroughly, a lot of good stuff hidden under bushes and shit.

Pay attention to your Kingdom management, it's quite confusing at first but the priority should always be Problems>Opportunities, watch out for events with deadlines too.

>I don't like Steam
>Buys Deep Silver games
Looks like a Tianamen Square Massacre to mee

how would playing solo work? do you atleast get more xp to make up for the missing team members?

Yeah, you do get the solo-XP.

Attached: epic.png (523x529, 228K)

>Pillars of Eternity's main currency is cp
What the fuck Josh

wouldn't that make the game a bit harder at the beginning?

Attached: (((Fey))).webm (1920x1080, 2.66M)

>divinity logic
nigga what? original sin 1 is all about the two guardians of the godbox, you're literally the center of the whole plot.
and in 2 you ascend divinity at the end, so if becoming a literal god wasn't snowflake tier enough for you then I don't know what is.

Yeah because watching groups of enemies take turns one after another is better gameplay and more immersive

Attached: Baron Yergrace.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

>Muh immersion
>In RPGs
Yeah, because watching your fighter swing his axe at one enemy in front of him and seeing him destroy the three guys who are backstabbing him because he got a Great Cleave roll is so much more immersive.
Never change CRPG faggots, heaven forbid a game is actually fun to play and plays like an actual RPG, you're the reason the genre turned into discount shooters and visual novels.

Attached: 1561899685265.png (512x512, 105K)

>dude fun lmao
What are you, 12? Only underage children care about fun.

>immersion in an rpg doesnt matter
Want to know how I know you're underaged?

>t. zoomer

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the only good game with RTWP combat ever made and it still would have been much better as turn based. Dunno why the devs didn't go for it since they made Silent Storm as well.

/MONKS/ report in right now!
Also does Spawn Slayer get better?

Attached: MGIa7.gif (254x200, 1.51M)

>Yeah, because watching your fighter swing his axe at one enemy in front of him and seeing him destroy the three guys who are backstabbing him because he got a Great Cleave roll is so much more immersive.
I really don't know what your failing to imply, but yes I would have love to immerse myself as that fighter.

>ur underage
I'm older than you, get some actual argument to support your nonexistent point.
RPGs are all about abstraction, if you can't deal with that you should go back to your CoD, RTwP isn't any more realistic than TB, if anything is even less immersive.
>Being this braindead
No wonder you like RTwP, I guess you're either too stupid or just that dishonest to imply that a frontal axe swing killing people standing behind you is immersive

>if anything is even less immersive.
Because it's more realistic for groups of people to let each other attack one by one

Incel got BTFO

Have a Lawful Evil Half-Orc right now, enjoying my roleplay using KOTOR 2 jedi philosophy. Using increase size spells on me is hilarious.

What is turning around while swinging the axe? You dumb shit.

R8 my Monk

Attached: Half-Orc Monk.png (1920x1080, 3.36M)