Get the urge to play BOTW again

>get the urge to play BOTW again
>remember the weapon degradation
>remember the enemy scaling
>remember the empty world with nothing to do in it
It was really fun to play through once, but there's no replayability.

Attached: 1553931713371.jpg (1200x630, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rh3RS2VwGGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So Wii-U version or Switch version?

tl;dr: OP is still a plebeian and probably never played the game.

CEMU.

I did play the game. Like I said, I really enjoyed it. There's just nothing to do once you beat Ganon. I even did all those shrines. The world is just empty.

>CEMU
No fuck off, do I get the WIi-U version or Switch version?

I haven't even played it because I couldn't get into it for more than 6 hours.

you get CEMU

Switch.

Bad idea. Worst frame rate.

I feel that way with all open world games, they are all decently fun to play... once. And then I am completely done with them

Honestly yeah I have no desire to ever replay BotW. Maybe I'll feel differently a decade from now but the game lost all its magic after the first 10 hours or so.
I hope the sequel is a huge improvement and not too derivative.

I heard that an update for the game made the Wii-U version borderline unplayable, and how much worst frame rate are we talking here?

Wrong
He's stupid, the game got updated and it was fixed, and just recently it received the VR update and now it loads faster.

>the game lost all its magic after the first 10 hours or so.
Sounds like you're just ADHD.
I put over 220 hours to the game, and it's still amazing. Hell, I didn't even start a single Ancient Beast quest before I had clocked 80 hours!

I've not heard of anything of the sort. Last time I checked, the updates IMPROVED the performance.
Still, on the consoles, you can expect fluctuations between 20 to 30fps.

>BotW came out 3 years ago and it's still being discussed daily, twice at minimum
>God of Snoy is not even a year old, already forgotten
IT'S NOT FAIR SONYBROS! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN!

Attached: 1560382755960.jpg (394x534, 61K)

>game based around exploration isn't fun when you've already explored it
wow

mark of a plebeian.

>the empty world with nothing to do in it
taste of a liar.

I totally agree.

Actual flaws:
No weapon wheel
Game pauses when you do anything
Korok Seeds are impossible to get them all without a guide
No weapon repairing
Companion locked behind physical dlc
Most food is useless
No underwater exploration
No armor set quick menu

I actually found it far more enjoyable the 2nd playthough

Do the side quests

BotW's UI was clearly made with the Wii U Gamepad in mind and had to be hastily reworked to fit on one screen for the Switch.
Even SS had radial menus for fuck's sake.

>No weapon wheel

okay

>Game pauses when you do anything

wut

>Korok Seeds are impossible to get them all without a guide

lol

>No weapon repairing

I admit this bothered me also

>Companion locked behind physical dlc

Also bothered me

>Most food is useless

what?

>No underwater exploration

that was sad, wish they would have expanded on sailing as well

>No armor set quick menu

this didn't bother me

>Sounds like you're just ADHD
I like how every BotW defender always resorts to insults. The game is never at fault, it's always the critic's.
But no, I played the game for ~75 hours. It just never went back to being as good as those opening hours. The game is fundamentally very repetitive.

I actually never thought of that and it makes sense, yes it feels pretty weird after all the QoL changes the series received in recent years.
Anytime you change gear, eat something, or look at the map the game pauses, no tension, aside from very specific parts the only useful food is yellow hearts and attack boost.

If there isn't any replayability why'd you get the urge to play it again?

Dude, 4k, remove culling, 60fps, steady VR, remove weapon degradation. Like if you wanna buy a copy, buy a copy. But legit, Cemu.

Currently replaying on CEMU sitting around 50 hours. I'm still finding new shit and I played this on wiiu like 2 years ago for at least 200 hours. Get fucked OP.

The scariest thing is that BOTW mediocrity will become the new standard of Zelda titles.

>he's not excited for botw: majora mask edition

They can only go up from here my lad.

This ;_;

zelda hasn't been good since the n64 era botw is a breath of fresh air

Good for you, but in terms of mechanics or level design is quite far from any 3D zelda. And the "no dungeon" meme its scary as fuck for future titles. Hope they dont stick to the extremely simplicity of botw for future titles

To be fair they have been making watered versions of oot except one or two games. There are ways to improve without fall for the casual braindead philosophy

just started playing master mode again

the degradation is the only complaint I have but going through all of hyrule again feels great and the combat is interesting enough if you dont cheese it and actually get into it

overall having a great time

I would rather play Majoras Mask or OoT anyday.

>the "no dungeon" meme its scary as fuck for future titles.

They'll probably be back in BotW2

>the extremely simplicity of botw

Fuck sake dude.

no dungeons
shallow world
not enough enemy types

>Anytime you change gear, eat something, or look at the map the game pauses
So just like every Zelda game
This your first one or something?

>no dungeons
Oh here we go, I have no fucking need to 'defend' BotW. It does not need defending, its an amazing game. But its always perplexing how shitters will go with their non-arguments.

>shallow world
Yawn. What do you even mean? BotW is far more immersive than any other open world game I can think of?

>not enough enemy types
Nah, I'm playing Spider-Man on PS4. Every fucking goon in the entire city is exactly the same. EXACTLY the same. There's ZERO variety. BotW is teeming with variety by comparison.

Shitters really need to get better arguments. This is boring now.

>CEMU
Where's the source code? I won't use it otherwise.

Uh oh we got an internet hacker over here that won't use programs unless he can scan over each line of the code himself.

>TPHD
>WWHD
>ALBW
>OOT3D
>MM3D
5 previous games had active menus user. Not having a second screen is not an excuse, plenty of other games beside Zelda allow you to use menus without pausing.

Every one of those games pauses when you look at the menu what the fuck are you talking about?

Excuse me for wanting freedom. The CEMU kikes haven't even released a binary for a real OS, not that I would use it.

You didn't dispute no dungeons. There is very much a lack of variety in the game. With shrines too. Also the world while being pushed by game play and exploration falls short of the lore I had wished would be in the game. This being the biggest zelda I was kinda hoping it would be packed full of cool stuff about Hyrule and past games. Spiderman goons are besides the point. Nearly any other Zelda before Botw had more enemy types. Granted those games were more linear and I don't fully understand the designers intent but once you really get into the game it can start to feel boring. With a map that expansive it would have been cool finding very unique enemies at each end of the map. Also we needed more mini bosses.

I'm not disagreeing with you though. BOTW is one of the best games I've ever played. I 100% the game. Even all the DLC. It just definitely could have used some more stuff. Hopefully the sequel will work on taking that map and giving it some more life.

Will BOTW 2 take place on the same map? I thought it would take place it some kind of underground world.

Completely agree. Game blows and ruined zelda.

I'm not sure did someone say that? The castle started to go air born so it could also be in another place entirely. I'm a little curious as to how they would make playing on the same map interesting. Maybe they will make Zelda playable or a follwer that actively comments and interacts with you.
Who knows. Godspeed to them though.

No.

>I'm a little curious as to how they would make playing on the same map interesting.

Dark World.

I like both for different reasons.

Attached: Wholesome.png (373x317, 63K)

I lost interest after about 6 hours but kept slogging through in the hopes it got better. It didn't.

>over 220 hours in botw
Assburgers

>Most food is useless
It's worse than that. Food is broken as all hell.

Game was more engaging than the linear, handholdy garbage it had become with past games

Puzzles were also incredibly intuitive and we're far more compelling than the toddler garbage from before "hurr hit the eye with an arrow" or "hurrr push the block"

Zelda was never about dungeons

This pisses me off because you know they just gimped the Wii U version to make the Switch seem superior to sell more units.

But its true. The most complicated shrine is a shadow of what a dungeon ita like. The problem with individual 20000 shrinew that they choose to make all of them independent and very short(less than 15min) so every single one have to start from 0 and build up in a ridiculous time. Most of them felt like filler checks to be honest, cant remember more rhan 10, but recall most of the dungeons from previous titles and what happened there.

The other problem is the uniform theme across all hyrule, and the few types of enemies and the 5types of seeds doesnt help much to make things fresh after some time exploring.

For example watchers were awesome till you find the ancient arrows, then they felt like a joke to me. A really shame for an enemy with so much potential.

Pd: bosses and beasts look extremely similar, giving the impression of doing the same all the time

Despite that I enjoy the game a lot. Just hoping they dont get stuck like with ocarina, because botw is not near as good.

This is what I'm worried about. Fuck all the people with shit taste who were satisfied merely running around the open world. Giving you that sense of exploration is the only thing BotW did well. They dropped the ball in every other regard. Stop condoning it so they can actually fix this shit and make a better game.

SS was a giant pile of shit for being yet another OOT rehash with handholding up the ass and a fucking obstacle course as "overworld"

I'll take more BotW rather than go back to the fucking atrocity that was SS and previous 3D Zeldas. On being formulaic, stale shit with kiddy puzzles and 0 difficulty

You're doing a good job of making people want to attack the fanbase and the game far better than any snoyboy ever could.

The BOTW map is already a wild wasteland. If anything, we could see the Light World before the fall.

>Zelda was never about dungeons
Imagine actually believing this

Enemy types of the whole game are the enemy types of any dungeon in previous titles. Gtfo with spiderman, witch btw was shit compared with ultimate or 2

Outside central Hyrule and the castle surroundings, the BotW map is the same as it was

Remember that the cataclysm didn't really do much. Zelda sealed Ganon shortly after shit happened. It only caused a bit of destruction but most of Hyrule was left intact like villages and so

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the zelda formula. SS (and TP and WW) had a plethora of problems unrelated to that. The problem is botw threw the baby out with the bathwater in order to fix those mistakes and in doing so took one step forward three steps back. Props for having an amazing starting area, shame about the rest.

Are you implying BotW didn't have kiddy puzzles and was difficulty despite all of its puzzles being easily solveable with the tools you get right at the very beginning and its blatantly inverse difficulty curve?

>waaah I want muh dungeons with REAL big boy puzzles like before!

Attached: 1460891689864.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

SS its by far the worst zelda.TP or WW just need ro keep evolving in ALTTP level of freedom, not in the kids film that was SS and all games at that time

>waaah he's being mean to botw I better attack older zelda games in order to defend it!
also nice job moving the goalpost

SS dungeons were totally trash compared with ANY previous zelda game. And in all the game there were only 3 zones

BotW puzzles are absolutely the best this franchise has ever offered, yes. If you think they're easy, they're even more braindead in previous games.

There isn't a companion spoon-feeding you the answer or a camera panning to the switch and obvious solution. BotW puzzles are all intuitive and up to the player's wit to solve them

BotW's puzzles are mostly good, yes, but they aren't hard and they're wrapped in shit.

It’s really fun once. It’ll be fun again once I forget about it completely

Thats the remake. Original doesnt use the camera to focus every lamp

PD dont miss the point

Your decision but i regret buying a switch after being able to emulate it on PC.Its just much better with how versatile it can be with mods.

The difference between BotW's puzzles and older Zelda puzzles are BotW's puzzles never evolve. They never take into account new items or abilities. You know that you'll be able to solve all of them with the tools you mastered tens of hours ago. You can say older Zelda's puzzles are easy all you like, but they evolved and kept things fresh over the course of your playthrough. On the other hand, I got sick of shrines after doing 20 or so of them and felt like they were hindrances I felt like I needed to do when I'd rather just keep exploring. Which is ironic because there's not really much else to explore for.

Lmao. They are good per se, but when they are in an isolated room where you cant do anything else they become a tedious joke. Everything have to be mixed user, I bought zelda, not an exploration game with a menu with puzzles from time to time

>puzzles evolve
>now shoot the eye covered in ice with a fire arrow instead of a regular arrow

Amazing.

Nice argument troll

Fuck off if you just want to strawman

I want Zelda to return to OOT's grounded dark low-fantasy

Attached: 6845232593_7aca91ede4_o.jpg (1275x1732, 660K)

The best part about BotW puzzles is that they can be beaten outside of the intended method, unlike previous games where everything has a linear and sole way of doing things.

Like this shrine where you had to guide a ball with windmills to get in the hole, or you could just stasis it from the platform and skip the puzzle entirely. Tons of other examples like that.

The game gives you all the abilities early on so by definition the puzzles don't "evolve" since there are no new abilities to test, instead there are tons of varied challenges that use the game's physics and logic in interesting and creative ways. Other Zelda games feel scripted and non-interactive compared to BotW. There are so many ways to use the different powers and they're constantly mixed up and kept fresh. Sounds like you'd be happier with a less open-ended and more scripted game, which is totally fine but the complete opposite of BotW

You guys love saying this, but the only puzzles that have a truly creative solution is the one that lets you link metal weapons between two conduits. Revali's Galing over gates, flipping Link into the air like a ragdoll, and shield bouncing off bombs and blowing Link up in midair is skipping/breaking the puzzles, not solving them.

>or you could just stasis it from the platform and skip the puzzle entirely
>you can do the puzzle or you can easily skip it entirely no thought or effort required
That sounds like dev oversight rather than a creative, intended solution.

I won't argue that the game does far more with its tools than any previous zelda has. That's obviously correct. But when you've already known everything your runes are capable of for tens of hours and the shrines make it obvious which ones you're supposed to use and how, it gets really tedious regardless.
I'm fine with open world games, I just don't like running around and doing what feels like the same thing over and over again. Even the divine beasts fall victim to this and that's unacceptable to me.

>Urge to play
>doesn't play it
Spoken like a True moron, if you haven't even opened the game up again how can you be so sure you won't enjoy playing it again. Do you think making this thread on Yea Forums is more worth your time than actually playing a game? Are you just some dumbass warrior/troll trying to incite some dumb response or are you just legit stupid?

You're literally rewarded for thinking outside the box all the time in the game
Yes, the game gives you complete freedom over puzzles and stuff

I always thought the weapon degradation was an exaggerated meme, but then I finally got around to playing the game and no joke you pick up a weapon and it literally breaks in a single encounter after like 8 swings. So you spend half the time switching weapons instead of actually playing the game. It’s unplayably bad.

Fucking liar. My inventory is full of weapons and I can't get rid of them fast enough.

Spoken like a true retard shitter
It's far more annoying having to keep throwing away weapons because the game showers you in them
If you actually run out of weapons in this game, you simply fucking suck at it

I’m sure if you pick up every single weapon you find that might be a problem, if I could record gameplay on my switch I’d show you what I’m talking about, it’s beyond jarring

Stop using fucking shitty-ass Rusty and Traveler weapons, you dumbass.

botw was a retarded game.

Attached: 1552773483080.png (600x739, 362K)

Breath of the Treadmill is cool if you have nothing else to do with yourself I guess.

I don’t run out of weapons that’s not the problem you fucking mongoloid, the problem is how often you have to stop combat to switch weapons, it’s bad game design and I’m not surprised there’s mods for it on CEMU

>if I could record gameplay on my switch I’d show you
You can, faggot. It was like over a year ago that the Switch got 30-second video recording built in, and BotW was one of the featured games to show it. Hold the screenshot button and your last 30 seconds will be recorded.

>It was really fun to play through once, but there's no replayability.
Says you. I did a replay in december and had a blast, almost as much as the first time, which usually never happens to me. I went into this playthrough in a totally different way and a totally different order.

You'll find out the combat is pointless soon enough anyway

I'm not constantly picking up shitty sticks and bone arms like you are

Attached: 20190701_044434.jpg (5664x2752, 3.52M)

>Attack with weapon
>Game says weapon is in danger of breaking
>Throw weapon for a critical hit, breaking it
>Immediately cycle to the next and keep attacking

>remember that I'm not a Nintendo baby
>remember that PC mods fix all of that
>enjoy my PC game
PC always wins baybay

You can tell botw was originally meant to take advantage of the wii u's gamepad, but they took that away to avoid overshadowing the switch version.

Good luck replaying it again when the whole world is reused in the sequel

>time stop bowling ruin
>sledgehammer breaks
woooow

If you didn't get bored of botw 10 hours in you are autistic.

Why they made stasis degrade your weapons is beyond me. Or shieldboarding for that matter. I get that it's in line with "using" your weapons, but it's a pain in the ass.

>He actually broke the sledgehammer given before he solved the puzzle
woooow

>game with exploration as its main theme has no replayability once you've explored everything
imagine my fucking shock

Sure, which runes the devs want you to use isn't exactly obscure, but the challenges and puzzles all use them differently and in different contexts. The framework itself is flexible enough that you can do pretty much anything, and the devs knew this and designed a ton of creative shit for you to figure out. My personal favorite was this huge slope with balls rolling down, and you have to stand on the other side and catch them by using magnesis on a bowl and then carefully moving the bowl with the ball inside back to the slot. That's the kind of creativity I love seeing from the shrines in particular, and the game plays and responds so well that it's fun and enjoyable to do.
Technically every game is about doing the same thing over and over if you boil it down enough, what matters is context and how well the game plays, and BotW masters that far better than any other open world game. The divine beast dungeons also felt wildly different, the appearance and tools at your disposal didn't change much, but the puzzles all felt unique and you could manipulate the beasts and different ways too.

are you aware how many non-open source code programs you have installed on your computer right now?

You forgot
>infinite inventory space, no decision making required
>can open menu during combat, no tension whatsoever when you know you can just eat a bunch of food in the middle of battle

Pretty much this. I wish I could enjoy BotW for the first time again, but trying to replay it is the most boring shit on earth.

enjoy your shitty resolution

>the world is empty once youve done everything
wow

>remove weapon degradation
might as well not playing the game at all. a lot of the systems (loot, combat etc.) revolves around the weapon system. and only autists make it a problem since you always get replacements for your weapons as they break, so it's a non-issue unless you make it one on your autistic head

>can open menu during combat, no tension whatsoever when you know you can just eat a bunch of food in the middle of battle
just like every other zelda game

You don’t think a game revolving around a fucking weapon degradation system might be a red flag that it’s shallow fucking garbage?

played the game a year ago and dropped it after the bird dungeon about 10 hours in, should I pick it back up and continue or is it better to restart?

it's not that it revolves around the weapon degradation part it self. It's just one of the wheels in the system. If you break it, it will break a lot of other stuff.

>holding items bad
>pausing game bad
Zelda isn't some hardcore series for veteran gamers, you know.

>10 hours in
>bird dungeon
you've not been doing a lot of exploration, have you? might as well not play it at all if you're just gonna go from point to point

That doesn't make it ok.
Previous Zelda's treated their more significant combat encounters like puzzles anyway. It wasn't about taking or dishing out damage, it was figuring out how to beat the enemy.

>it's shallow because I don't like it
You get new weapons all the time. The only time it'd be bad would be if you were some kind of retard and managed to break all of your weapons before finding new ones. Even then, you can still buy shit or use your runes to attack the enemies

And your point is? Same deal here. All enemies have a puzzle aspect to them that let you insta- or near-instakill them. It's not my fault if you're too dumb to reflect Guardian beams back into their eyes or mount Lynels for durability-free hits.

Typical complaints I always see:

>this game gets boring after 100 hours!
Do these people lack the self awareness or something? Majority of triple-A games don't even last 1/3rd of that these days.
Not to mention depending on how ya play it, you may only get to the meaty parts at that point

>Muh empty open world!
Almost certain most of these people have only watched some generic YT videos of people running on Hyrule Field, and think that's it. Sans said section, BotW's entire map is perhaps the most tightly packed open-world out there. Not to mention at times it feels like a "game map", with clear set pieces and ideas, instead of just generic replication of plain wilderness with no purpose.
Take RDR2 as an example. It's entire map is practically the same: empty badlands, with pointless gliffs and shit you cannot scale. Practically just filler between the essential story points A and B, and story's mostly told via longass conversations.

>Waah! My toys break!
Deal with it. This is perhaps THE biggest positive innovation in the game. By turning weapons into "consumables", you encourage coming up with alternative ways of dealing with enemy encounters. Be it via pure stealth, use of all your Sheik Skills, interacting with the world's physics systems ...etc.
Not to mention when your arsenal can "run out", every new piece you loot feels practical and welcome.
It's also good to note that the truly rare weapons, the unique heirloom pieces of the champions, can be fixed / rebuilt.

>No dungeons / temples!!
There's 4 to 5 of them, depending on how you count them. The same amount as in the MM.
But once again, dungeons ain't the cream nor focus of BotW. The world itself is like an endless challenge you take on, with the Shrines offering something akin to the individual rooms of past games' temples, testing your own wits or skills.

>No music!
Grab a good pair of headphones, and try to convince me that this game's entire audio-design isn't pure gold. It's so smooth.

Attached: 1561823259564.jpg (953x1310, 233K)

It's a good game, but a hard game to get back into if you take a long break from it.

BOTW is a Professor Layton game

Turning off weapon degradation makes the game so much more fun.

I agree with most of this. But the world really is pretty empty. There are so many vast expanses of open field, desert, snow, etc. It's certainly a very varied world with mountains, deserts, forests and volcanoes, but everything is spread so far apart that there's a lot of pointless running around. It's diverse, but not "tightly packed" at all.

In other Zelda games, discounting fairies, you have to find hearts around the dungeons to refill your health, instead of literally refilling your health right as you’re about to die. I’m perfectly aware that Zelda is an entry-level series. For normal mode, this would’ve been fine for casual players, but it could’ve been done with master mode, Which was such a missed opportunity.

Game of the decade.
Sequel coming.

Attached: 1561327764849.jpg (700x913, 111K)

I was about to call it a night before I saw your response, so forgive me. I just wanted to let you know I read your response and thought it over. I appreciate the debate.
I have no desire to dump on the game itself, though I admit much of the fanbase tempts me quite a bit. I love the Zelda series. I was disappointed in BotW. I don't want to attack BotW for any reason other than in the hopes that the next game is better. It might sound like I think the game is shit, but I don't. It's a good, albeit I believe a rather flawed game. I just wish people could accept that while knowing that they can still enjoy it.

That's why you get a horse, bro. It's even better after you get the motorcycle cause fuck that thing feels so good to ride

>In other Zelda games, discounting fairies, you have to find hearts around the dungeons to refill your health, instead of literally refilling your health right as you’re about to die.
You some kind of stupid or something? You're also forgetting the games that have Hero Mode that removes Recovery Hearts.

Attached: Blue_Potion_(A_Link_to_the_Past).png (108x209, 41K)

You see that custom Sky Maze shrine someone made? Fuck man, the game BotW could have been and the game BotW 2 could be, is the kind of shit Nintendo has needed for nearly a decade.

youtu.be/Rh3RS2VwGGk

go to bed user, internet discourse is not as much worth as a good nights sleep

In other Zekda games, everything does 1 or less hearts damage instead of draining 10+ from one hit or near oneshotting you

Attached: file.png (400x255, 154K)

>get the urge to play BOTW again

lol casual shitter detected

Those aren't even close to puzzles. You don't need to do that to beat them. Hell, if anything the examples you just gave are simple ways to cheese those enemies that aren't flurry rushes or Urbosa's Fury.

no, just because you don't like it doesn't make it shit

>new switch can cost about $1k

thanks trump

>Felt the urge to play a game he apparently hates in every possible aspect
???

Again, it's your choice if you want to bruteforce the game. It'll let you do that, but cost you your weapons in the process. But the game handily rewards you for thinking smart and exploiting mechanics to multiply your damage, letting you keep your weapons for far longer.

So you're just unga'ing your way through and complaining when your weapons now break because you hit the monsters with them too many times. How asinine and stupid.

snoyggers are still seething

poor fag alert

you are a faggot and you should kill yourself. mmk faggot?

but its the poorfags who insist by emulators...

Only poorfags can't afford the lawsuit for pirating their games.

good point

>there's a lot of pointless running around
It's like people never found out about the glider, the horses, the shield surfing, the fast-travel... etc.
Hell, I wish that the fast-travel teleportation would not be constantly available, so you'd have to actually travel through more of the map.

I wish I could get the Stalhorses to a stable. Fuck you manager, he won't eat the other horses. My Stalhorse is a good demon horse and I adore it. I don't want him to die come sunrise.

That's kind of the point. Devs don't want to make infinitely replayable games because it might chew into their own profits. Just make a game that's worth playing once to give a better guarantee that you'll buy their next game for the same-but-slightly-different fix.

>It was really fun to play through once, but there's no replayability.
So like every other Zelda, basically?

Yeah I
>weapon breaks again
love
>enters the 607th repetitive shrine dungeon
Zelda
>climbs another cliffside for 15 minutes
Breath of the Wild
>fights an entire generic enemy horde for a chest containing 5 arrows

>I wish that the fast-travel teleportation would not be constantly available, so you'd have to actually travel through more of the map.
To be fair, you're still forced to explore the area at least once before you can find a shrine to teleport to. Shrines are like blessings almost cause you can go and stock up before exploring again

The Zelda formula was built from the ground up and worked together correctly for the game to be enjoyable.
BOTW was just a bunch of meme games like skyrim,gta,portal mashed together and it wasn't balanced like the original zelda games.

Weapon breaking is so fucking bad and annoying. Its easy to get good weapons, but why the fuck would I find it enjoyable to have 14 weapons that break every 4 enemies and then have to go back to get more? And there's only 3 storage spaces for swords. The weapons don't even look cool or interesting. They just look like vector drawings from someone who literally didn't give a shit about making things look cool. Dark Souls did it so much better. You have a cool weapon and then it breaks and you just repair it. I don't want 14 of the same sword just because its going to be tedious to go back and get them. How did they not realize how dumb that was?

AND WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH BOKOBLINS? BOKOBLINS ARE STRONGER THAN GANON. FUCKING STUPID.

Attached: 1449144957325.jpg (244x237, 22K)

>climbs another cliffside for 15 minutes

It was fun for the 15-20 first hours only.

The 3D Zelda formula is too fucking stale. The original LoZ and ALttP were open ended and emphasized exploration, they weren't hand holding the entire game like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. We're getting a BotW 2, get fucked.

rent free

It's too bad that the next Zelda game is a literal sequel to BotW. I think this is it for proper mainline Zelda games. I doubt they will make a high budget real Zelda game ever again and honestly this makes me sad. The old Zelda formula is going to be delegated to handheld tier crap and the AAA budget Zelda titles are going to be Ubisoftian open world time wasters, because that's what the masses love.

This dude knows whats up. Fantastic, but flawed...

>he actually wants botw 2

Attached: 1448276870027.jpg (948x717, 121K)

>you're still forced to explore the area at least once before you can find a shrine to teleport to
True, but after you unlock them or a tower, they practically become your cheap escape methods for SHTF situations. It's a bit silly that you may be goofing off, about to drown or something, but all you gotta do is open a map and poke one of the nearest shrines or towers.

If you'd have to, say, stand on the travel gates in order to initiate fast-travel, it'd be instantly better balanced. Every town, stable and major area has one, so finding a shrine shouldn't be an issue.
Maybe add a rare consumable item into the game, that allows instant teleportations.

Nah, the first couple hours were the worst.
The following 80+ hours were fucking amazing.
The next 100h were still alright, but the magic wears down as you become more and more OP and accustomed to the game's pace.

only snoys don't want botw2 because they aren't finished being steamed over 1

>Unironically wanting linear hand holding ""adventure"" game mimicking OoT #37

>the game is bad because weapons break and the game is also bad because it's easy to get good weapons
This is a non-issue. What are you even complaining about? That'd be like getting mad at having to spend money while having a job that gives you even more money. Go back to playing dark souls if you want to keep that one sword you like. Also
>actually having trouble fighting bokoblins

>snoys
this guy is actually retarded

Attached: 1510875048682.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>linear bad
>walk 15 minute to next area gud

Attached: 1507084555137.jpg (645x773, 56K)

this. what's annoying is having to throw away weapons and not having enough space.
I want to have one of every rod, elemental sword and spear, guardian weapon etc but cba hunting a million koroks

t. butthurt snoy

How can anyone dislike the start of the game? That's when everything is new and exciting and you're constantly being introduced to new mechanics and abilities.

>content bad

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

Or don't allow the player to truly pause the game and have teleporting take enough time to be risky in combat scenarios.

>>remember the weapon degradation
This is the ultimate casual test. Anyone who's played the game for a good amount of time will know that the weapon degradation system is a non-problem due to how many weapons the game just hands to you constantly. If you complain about weapon degradation, you most likely are totally hung up on it or haven't played more than like 20 hours. This is a non-issue and only casuals complain about this.
>b-but master mode
We all know that mode is poorly designed, it isn't the base game so don't pretend it is.

Attached: 1561530638784.gif (245x195, 1.44M)

What's the point of an adventure game if the game tells you where to go?

why'd you post a picture of yourself

>How can anyone dislike the start of the game?
The Plateau makes it seem like any other open world quest-hunting game.
Just with a fancy climbing mechanic and cooking feature.
Things pick up a lot afterwards, when you realize that said area was like 1/10th of the whole world map.

That is shit, for 99% of the time you can use the cheapest and less fun method possible

Its always funny coming to BotW threads THREE YEARS later and watching seething kiddies desperately trying to finds flaws rather than just admit Nintendo made a great video game.

Attached: 1552199099416.jpg (540x720, 178K)

But the plateau was still huge and you could explore and tackle everything in any order you wanted. It was a near perfect microcosm of the entire game.

The Plateau is more like 1/25th of the map if not less

just wait when botw 2 drops
they'll never recover

Attached: 1560390331272.jpg (791x1024, 105K)

Fucking based

>Carrot on a Stick: The Game
>great
I guess so if the prospect of doing the same thing over and over again for 100+ hours is appealing to you, sure.

three years a seething

I actually decided to pick up botw after seeing all the people talking about it here. I played it and started liking a lot and put in a lot more hours than I thought I would. Not the best game, but it was pretty fun. Sadly, I'll only be able to find civil discussion about botw in waifu threads

Attached: 1559976705089.png (1600x1203, 2.29M)

holy cope

damage control

SHUT THE FUCK NINTENDO KILLED MY FATHER AND RAPED MY MOTHER SO THE NEW SUPER DUPER POPULAR AND HIGHLY PRAISED ZELDA GAME IS TRASH

Play Shadow of the colossus.
The game that inspired breath of the wild.
It has less of everything except atmosphere.

Why does it always sound like there's only 3 diehard botw defenders in each thread? You fags all say the exact same shit

BOTW is a 8.5/10 that's going to look like a 6/10 after its 10/10 sequel comes out

how's virginity treating you?

>Why does it always sound like there's only 3 diehard botw haters in each thread? You fags all say the exact same shit

>hold forward for a few minutes to run across field
>content
Hey kid, whatever keeps you occupied.

Hopefully. I'm trying to be optimistic.

mega cope

i wouldn't know, im not the one mad about a video game nearly three years old

The world isn't empty, you just did everything. Not all games are meant to be infinitely replayable.

>press w to run across hall

woahh

I still can't believe that nintendo didn't continually added new content to the game. I'm somewhat happy that it didn't become a game as a service, but there is just so much more you can do with the game.

It will be a better game if the shrines where bigger, like one shrine where actual 5 together, mixin things from all of them using various concepts. Not one only, there are too much meh shrines anyway.

The beasts got a extreme lack of different themes and they were cool to solve, but they felt also very repetitive IMO

I wish your save continued after Gannon and you got some sort of basic endgame quests, but it's a minor complaint.

3 digits for 3 years of snoycope

Attached: oo-vaping-pepe-2741611.png (500x548, 62K)

BotW 2 was born out of too many DLC ideas.

Saving ideas for the sequel

There are way more people posting flaws and their reasoning than there are people saying why the game is so great. Defenders almost always seem to simply attack the people pointing out flaws rather than allow proper discussion, which pisses people off and everything devolves into shitposting about how the game is either dogshit or a masterpiece.

Shadow of the Colossus is alright. I like the first colossus; it's cute
Nintendo is planning a unique strategy of putting new content in the sequel. It's a bold move, I know.

Retarded incel

Weapons, shields, bows and food are all disposable. It's intentionally designed that way to encourage exploration because the game showers you with stuff. The best way to play is to explore the world and not worry about using up your food, elixirs and so on because you will always find more. The gameplay loop is insanely rewarding and enjoyable and feeds perfectly into the exploration-based gameplay.
People complaining about weapon degradation are just refusing to learn how the game actually plays, or they automatically associate it with degradation mechanics in other RPGs where it's just a poorly implemented feature that only slows the player down and acts as a goldsink

>he actually believes this
C O P E
O
P
E

The everything degradation its actually one of the main issues with botw. It negates a lot of the feeling of progression and innecesary looting

this

I wish the mastersword didn't break though.

because it's a vocal minority that's still crying about the game after three years, everyone else has moved on

easy to believe with quality posts like yours

no it's not a flaw of the game, you just don't like it.

>actually thinking the progression in BOTW is bad
bruh

keep coping

thank you for proving the point

>everyone else has moved on
you say that while commenting in this thread. if you've moved on, why does it bother you?

How does weapon breaking negate the feeling of progression? If weapons didn't break you'd always have that 60+ damage weapons for the rest of the game making it piss easy.

There is also the Mastersword which takes progression to unlock and then a trial to fully power up making it one of the best swords in the game and it has a shitload of durability.

what progression? you just clear out fog of war and upgrade your health/stamina

it does bother me that the whiny children drowned out much of the discussion with their cope

you are trying to meta discuss about the people complaining/defending the game
you are the worst cancer of all, kill yourself

The audio its indie at best

Dungeons are a fatal loss

Overall complexity its very low

Everything degradation its a con in many aspects

Enemies have no depth

Many ways to do something almost all the time end up in you doing the most boring,cheap and low effort way of doing something

>It will be a better game if the shrines where bigger, like one shrine where actual 5 together

I was thinking that while playing, but in the end I think it'd end up more tedious than enjoyable if every shrine was long and complex, since they act as waypoints, a way to upgrade hearts and stamina as well as an incentive to explore. The smaller, less time-consuming shrines work well as a change of pace since there are several more involved ones as well. But I agree their quality can vary

>What progression and don't even mention the progression

cope

Attached: 08d.png (482x450, 186K)

The point is that the flaws don't amount to much. They're trivial nitpicks in isolation which don't detract from the overall experience.

At worst they're the kind of tropes which exist in every video game ever made but shitters try and pretend they're MASSIVE GAME BREAKING FAULTS!

>the game gets boring after 50 hours! Its shit!
>once you master the combat system and build your character up, it gets too easy! Its shit!
>I can pause to heal! Its shit!
>the game reuses assets! Its shit!

And so on and so on. Its fucking NOTHING. BotW isn't perfect. But it is an exceptionally brilliant gaming experience which elevates an entire genre and will push other developers to try harder.

Attached: Well_now.jpg (994x800, 336K)

The progression in botw is horrible for a lot of reasons. Most notably the difficulty curve is assbackwards so everything you do only serves to cheapen the rest of the game.

Hey faggot, how about you actually criticize the game instead of trying to create some unfalsifiable boogeyman in your head.

says the one sperging out over criticism. you and your ilk are the reason these threads are so awful.

And you forget the bottle limit

wizardry has more complex progression than botw and its a 38 year old game.
>inb4 copecopecopecope projection

shitty opinion, especially considering this is pretty complex mechanically for a Zelda game.

I feel the same way, I 100%ed it minus the korok seeds and I feel no desire to replay it. Maybe down the line I will.

ITT: 3 years after its release BotW is still too hard game for normies

kek

I'm pretty sure it's your unrelated strawman and boogeyman building that adds nothing to the thread that makes these threads so bad, look how many posts you made not even mentioning the game. As I said, kill yourself.

not him but I'll go ahead and critisize for him: botw is boring

Thats because the shitty damage calculation. Have you even played the game?

>implying I haven't
>implying I haven't also praised the game
don't throw a fit just because whiners are being called out

Attached: 1561254073522.png (143x143, 36K)

h a v e s e x

no it isn't, enemies and exploration gets harder as you move out

>whatabout other game?
lol okay

As usual, kiddie shitters can't understand what the game is asking them to do without constant handholding and cutscenes every couple of seconds explaining things for them.

That made no sense fagget

throwing out your opinion and getting pissy when others disagree again I see? keep up the cope

Oh yeah, tough guy? Well I disagree!

Attached: (You).png (573x343, 411K)

>shit I cant use cope now
>shit i better deflect instead

cope herder lmao

Attached: tumblr_njxpb9qRW81u2kee3o1_500.gif (427x360, 158K)

you just pick a direction and go see some shit with different paint lmao what are you even talking about my guy

>kill hordes to get a chest with 5arrows

HAHAHA fuck, so fucking true. Based user, god bless you

Git gud, I'm playing through it now.
>Enemy scaling
There is no enemy scaling, as it should be.
>Empty world
Literally didn't play the game.

probably because you like boring shit

>anime girl reaction gif
how philistine. such low peasantry on this board.

Arrows are useful in this game.

>The audio its indie at best

The audio perfectly matches the aesthetic of the game and helps to add to the feeling of the world being. Villages have their own themes and while exploring the music gives the feeling of a ruined Hyrule being taken back over with nature.

>Dungeons are a fatal loss

Agreed. What the fuck were they thinking

>Overall complexity its very low

The game is really as complex as you want it to be. I barely even experimented. I just worked on getting the best gear. You can always approach each scenario in the most complicated and planned way possible. It's up the to player.

>Everything degradation its a con in many aspects

The degradation ties in great with gameplay. It makes you think about taking encounters and when low on supplies you will have to get creative. I honestly think weapons should have been sturdier but way way rarer. Having them be really durable but also ultra rare would have increased their value tenfold and also complimented gameplay. No reason an iron sword should break in 20 hits.

>Enemies have no depth

What do you mean? Enemies react to things you do and their environment. They will actively use everything near them to get an advantage over you and try to surround you. Also different mobs play off of eachother nicely.

>Many ways to do something almost all the time end up in you doing the most boring,cheap and low effort way of doing something

Everyone will play differently and approach situations in their own way depending on what they have and how they do things.

Attached: 1556899288005.png (900x648, 661K)

Do you just copy paste this response to anything you think might so much as vaguely be able to refute?

You're truly baffled, aren't you?

It must be confusing waking up every day in a world where BotW is considered a masterpiece and one of the best games of all time and you can't figure why.

>anime girl

lol go back to redd*t

Attached: 0947f4527eb06ef5809d5a1dfa228488ccc13a43efed4d32a51159e71c09ac49.jpg (625x625, 36K)

> Comparing botw with alttp

Are you retarded fucking drone?

the fuck is this reddit spacing

im not great at formatting give me a break

i can figure precisely why, retards like you got into video games and they've been majority bad and simplistic ever since

you weren't supposed to point that out bro....

>No weapon wheel
True, but also you got too many weapons, so it would become quite uncomfortable to use late game.
>Game pauses when you do anything
I see no problem with this
I understand your frustrations but I believe the idea behind it was that you didn't need to collect them all, there is also a look mask to help looking for them.
>No weapon repairing
I was more bothered by no weapon crafting and enhancing
>Companion locked behind physical dlc
As frustrati g as it is, it was more like an Easter egg for people who bought twilight remake as the game is not really I tended to have one, I mean, molduga kills it in one hit no matter how many hearts it have
>Most food is useless
True, my biggest gripe is that cool food is heavily outclassed by simple food
>No underwater exploration
Not much water in the game in general to have underwater exploration, I do miss the iron boots though
>No armor set quick menu
This is very annoying.

>no true scottsman
no, it is you who needs to go back

>There is no enemy scaling, as it should be.
Wait until you finish the game and end up having to use two or three weapons just to take out a generic mob.

from what I remembered I got lost in some snow mountains, got to a volcano but had to turn back because I don't have enough resistance, found a deep ass valley with a Goron dude running a golf minigame and stumbled into the bird village so I did the bird dungeon as my first one

I wouldn't say I didn't explore, is 10 hours for the first dungeon considered rushing?

literally just do one line break instead of two if you greentext
it's just annoying because it takes up half the screen

>Golf mini game
Fuck dude, there's so much to miss in this game. Where is he?

Nah I went straight for Zoras domain as soon as the game started. You'll struggle to get anywhere in the game once you start to see how beautiful Hyrule is. I was sidetracked every 10 seconds.

I appreciate you typing this out and contributing to the discussion even if others don't

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (296x211, 11K)

Yep. I was born and raised on Zelda. Always happy to contribute friend.

Attached: 644364536345.png (773x577, 801K)

Since botw2 is a direct sequel, does that mean we'll get immediate access to the motorcycle?

Attached: 1547257711206.png (1144x888, 337K)

Yeah, there is actually near to 0 progression. And find the 77975th 5 arrow pack after kill the 467th monster base its not very rewarding

Be grateful you missed it. But if you really must know he's under some bridge in tabatha canyon iirc.

I hope not. The motorcycle hurt my perception of the universe. It's so fucking out of place but pretty fun to ride and watch.

Fun if you don't play video games.
Otherwise you know how the game is going in the first time.

BOTW made me think I have ADHD.
>Oh what's this
>oh what's that over there
>Oh what's thi-
>Oh shit look at tha-
>But wait something else!
I feel like that fucking puppy from that one gif.

See

Retards can't into game design. Whodda fucking thunk it?

>its not very rewarding
It's not supposed to be, it's just a random usually optional mob encounter that acts as a way to farm for arrows if you need them.

Not a big reward

>Nintendo
>retards

There is progression.
You first of all progress by learning what makes the world tick and learning the nature of enemies and how to dodge them. You also will need more hearts to venture into the harder parts of the world and to unlock the Mastersword. You can also upgrade armor and certain armor requires you to work for it and most grant you certain stat bonuses.
Most chests at camp gave me rubies and other valuable items. When I did occasionally get arrows it was appreciated because I was always running out.

The game has pretty standard Zelda progression with exploring the map, getting health and stamina upgrades, and clearing out the great beasts, it's more or less the same only optional which isn't a flaw of the design but rather one of the things that makes it stand out. The only thing that's largely different in this regard is that weapons break, but that feeds into the exploration mechanic by making what you do feel more relevant for longer. You don't have to like it but don't act like people who disagree with your opinion simply can't take criticism.

not a big encounter either, durrrr

this

Attached: 1558403951439.png (720x714, 722K)

>It's not empty, it's full of koroks and shrines!
His point is that there's nothing interesting to discover after playing through it once. Exploring gets boring as fuck after 20 hours or so because actually interesting content like the dragon on the mountain barely exists.

Three yeara later and this board is still fucking traumatised because Nintendo fucked them sideways with BotW.

Glorious.

Attached: 1556233644148.png (704x680, 585K)

>His point is that there's nothing interesting to discover after playing through it once.
yeah no shit

>Exploring gets boring as fuck after 20 hours or so because actually interesting content like the dragon on the mountain barely exists.
Wrong, the map is littered with this shit.

I do wish there were more slightly scripted segments of the game. Or hell not even scripted just interesting things going on. When I first saved a group of random people I was fucking hyped. It honestly got me thinking Link was actually gonna be a patrolling badass who goes around saving and interacting with all of the Hylians. The dragon was pretty cool too.
Shrines were a fuck up but Korok seeds were non-intrusive and fun to collect.
The shrines and dungeons made me think the game was some kind of tech demo. Some of them just make no fucking sense in the context of a Hero needing to complete a trial.
Like lets just fucking make this dumbass play with a control pad until he kicks a ball into the right spot. That was my favorite puzzle though.

>The game is really as complex as you want it to be. I barely even experimented. I just worked on getting the best gear. You can always approach each scenario in the most complicated and planned way possible. It's up the to player.

Like any other game, thats not really a point. I can do millions of games with a stick, does that make a stick more fun than botw?

>I honestly think weapons should have been sturdier but way way rare
Agree, they should have implemented some kind of repair/care system with items like the food, if only to make the player able to match the playstyle they want, there are a lot of cool mechanic weapons that end up useless because of extreme degradation

>What do you mean? Enemies react to things you do and their environment. They will actively use everything near them to get an advantage over you and try to surround you. Also different mobs play off of eachother nicely.

I mean the variety and the way you aproach the enemies, that end up being the same most of the time despite having a lot of different resources. You can do many things, but you only end up doing the optimal ones, and there are too few and are very repetitive.

>hue hue hue i have nothing to add to the conversation but 'seethe' hahahahah
hey you're a faggot

Ttp was awesome

>dragon on the mountain
>actually interesting content
I wish. Slowly floating around picking off the blight was anything but.
Seeing a dragon for the first time was awesome, until you realize they're ridiculously tedious glorified item farms. So much potential wasted.

Anyone criticizing Botw should have sex first, it will change your opinion of this game.

Literally no argument. There's more to see than koroks and shrines.

Its not a random encounter, its the core of the game. If not you only got from point a ro point b

Some actual criticism, nice.

yeah in the sense that clearing out trash camps is a core of any rpg game, it's a glorified sidequest that still nets a functional reward, it's not supposed to be a nut busting event.

Mastersword hearts barrier felt cheap as hell. Never have to farm to upgrade the armor. And the chests never gave something better than some random mineral patch

The biggest difference, aside from everything being optional, is not getting necessary items or abilities throughout your adventure. Everything is handed to you at the start. Even the master sword is ultimately unecessary and ultimately only serves to turn ganon and the blights into a joke.

Implying that you actually got 100% map completion on your first playthough. I have played through the game 3 times and discovered new shit every single time.

>Like any other game, thats not really a point. I can do millions of games with a stick, does that make a stick more fun than botw?

Breath of the Wild definitely gives you a lot more options in how you approach things. Sometimes you'll find enemies sleeping and you can steal their weapons. You can use magnesis to set up a trap. Set up bomb traps and environment traps. Although typically running at the bad guy and beating them senseless was more effective, faster , and enjoyable. I mean why else do I have a million swords.

>I mean the variety and the way you aproach the enemies, that end up being the same most of the time despite having a lot of different resources. You can do many things, but you only end up doing the optimal ones, and there are too few and are very repetitive.

I wish the game had pushed me to be more creative. Most of the time I used explosives or my environment was when the game made it painfully obvious that I could. Still I used a shitload of tools to get through the game. I don't think there was any part of my arsenal I didn't use and not a lot of games can pull that off.

Attached: 765757654.png (275x317, 119K)

Switch duh.
Any retard spamming CEMU CEMU
Is either a memeing Fuck or some rich fag using a 1000$ computer to emulate a 300$ one

>is not getting necessary items or abilities throughout your adventure
That's what the beasts and shrine powers fill in. But again you're trying to turn one of the more unique elements of the game into some unquestionable flaw which I can not abide

Walk-camp-shrine-beast

Its not much when I can buy as many as I want for the rest of the game mining only 5 min

Don't try to screw them over just because you're stuck with an inferior version of the game.

lmao enjoy your 20fps 540p shitfest

I liked the barrier. I farmed shrines for an hour and kept excitedly running back to see if I had enough to get it. Might be because I'm a nerd for Zelda though. I think the Mastersword looks sick as fuck.

As for armor upgrading I farmed a bit. Some of those items are extremely hard to come by if you're not looking up a guide. I liked the hunt. Upgrading armor breaks the game though.

Chests are kinda disappointing. Sometimes after I cleared camps I would just ignore it. Killing the bad guys was what I was looking forward to anyway.

I mean the reason everyone complains about weapon durability is that they play it like any other action rpg and just run in and try to fight a shitload of enemies head-on. My goal for combat was always to use my actual weapons as little as possible, and the game gives you an opportunity to do so in pretty much every combat, barring bosses.

Agree, I just ask zelda too much, but I love it too much as well :')

You fucking lie

congrats you min maxed the fuck out of that casual open world exploration game :)

I imagine the shrines and shit were developed back when it was Wii U only, but I can't help but think they were designed in such a way due to the portability aspect of the Switch. Short things to knock off in train/bus rides.

We're arguing about progression and how it differs from previous games, so it goes without saying that botw isn't likely to stand up against a catered, linear experience. Also, the champion's abilities are broken as hell, and none of them are necessary.
My biggest problem with progression in botw is everything you do makes the game easier, from acquiring more health, to accidentally upgrading armor to the point where you take practically no damage, to nuking ganon every time you beat a divine beast.

Yeah, the fight its ultimately what I came for XD

That's true. I just love watching link swing a sword. I think it looks awesome. My vision for Link is sorta a knight that just runs in head on and murders stuff. Loved fighting lynels for that reason. Most of the time I had such a ridiculous amount of weapons it didn't matter to me. I think having weapons be more durable would have worked if weapons weren't as disposable.

Enemy scaling?

I tryed to do that, but killing enemies with unconventional tools felt usually very cheap and not fun. Like spwnding too much effort and getting less in exchange

Colors

>so it goes without saying that botw isn't likely to stand up against a catered, linear experience.

but it does? Basically your argument is that open world is bad because it isn't linear?

>none of them are necessary.
aka none of them are keys used to maintain the linear nature of games that you want

> progression in botw is everything you do makes the game easier
And the world gets progressively harder to navigate as you navigate further from the starting point and take out divine beasts, like any Zelda game.

>Implying $1000 PC is used some for Cemu

I use my 1080 for pixel based indie games too

also not portable :P

Maybe we can kill them in the next game

>the map is littered with this shit.
Except, it really isn't.
Yeah, that's what I just said you fucking moron. The problem is that ACTUALLY INTERESTING CONTENT is rare as fuck. I'm not replaying the game if I find absolutely nothing interesting while exploring.

The game keeps track of your kill count and replaces some enemies with stronger versions when a certain number is reached.

I can't run BOTW on PC. It nukes my comp. My pc is p mid-tier though.

>Going places
>Not using Steam Link and Splashtop to steam games to himself in the toilet.
Fucking scrubs in this thread

I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD

>streaming

lol no. You'll understand once you leave the basement.

>Except, it really isn't.
yes it is.

You can give the game a little more credit than that. The environment is beautifully designed visually and mechanically. Shrines and korok seeds aside there is a decent bit to discover in the world like unique plants and wildlife as well as the occasional unique enemy type.

It’ll only increase 10% so 30$

>BotW's entire map is perhaps the most tightly packed open-world out there.
Yeah, tightly packed with koroks and shrines. The people who say that the world is empty exclude fillershit, you retarded drone.

>Basically your argument is that open world is bad because it isn't linear?
No, just that an open world where everything is optional is going to have a much harder time compared to a catered linear experience when it comes to progression.

>aka none of them are keys used to maintain the linear nature of games that you want
No, just that none of them feel like meaningful additions beyond cheesing combat or puzzles. They don't add anything, they just trivialize.

>And the world gets progressively harder to navigate as you navigate
What? No it doesn't. There's nothing remotely difficult about navigating the world beyond the occasional tower surrounded by hazards that you can't glide over. If you're talking about enemies, all those don't scale nearly enough to how powerful you become and you can easily ignore them to no consequence.

I like this post but you really have to play RDR2

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3840x1634, 1.41M)

Doubtful considering they're not actually enemies. Though hopefully bosses in the next game are on par in terms of spectacle and live up to the potential of fighting one of those dragons. Pretty sure nobody would condone more blights this time around.

No it isn't.
>Exploring the world to discover fucking plants and animals
Fucking hell, this is exactly what I mean. First of all, the animal and plant variety is tiny as fuck so you pretty much see all of them within 20 hours and even IF there were plants and animals to discover, it is fucking boring as fuck. RDR 2 has hundreds of animals and plants, yet nobody bothers exploring the world for them because IT IS BORING AS FUCK. I don't go exploring in a fantasy world with dragons to find a fucking flower. How about actual dungeons and unique enemies?
>occasional unique enemy type.
What unique enemy type? There's like 10 enemies and the "unique enemy types" are fucking recolors.

Goddamn, just imagine what games could look like by now if they weren't being held back by consoles.

>lol what the fuck stop liking this game I don't like?

see >No, just that an open world where everything is optional is going to have a much harder time compared to a catered linear experience when it comes to progression.
It's a different kind of philosophy. It's not going to be traditional progression because that wouldn't fit in a world like BOTW. There is still real tangible progression though. Ask anyone who played start to finish. You go from a wimpy bitch to an unstoppable god.

This
All I hope for BOTW 2 is
60 fps (fat chance)
A moved around map that has the same borders but the inside has been changed radically
>Geurdo desert now is cold with Zoras
And the game to basically be Majora’s mask HD with better instructions and directions

They could have gone a long way simply by reserving the runes for when Link enters a shrine that requires it, instead of handing them all out on the plateau. That would not only give a much stronger sense of progression, it would allow the puzzles to evolve as you play and would keep discovering shrines exciting as you never know what kind of ability you might find.
Why they didn't do this is beyond me, as the runes aren't even necessary to beat the game. That, and have the glider be something you discover and earn. It's way too op to be handed out right off the bat.

Fuck off, BotW has more content than just about any open world game you can mention. Even the actual overworld itself is playable content which DOES NOT EXIST in other open world games.

Keep the denial going for another 3 years please.

>Fucking hell, this is exactly what I mean. First of all, the animal and plant variety is tiny as fuck so you pretty much see all of them within 20 hours and even IF there were plants and animals to discover, it is fucking boring as fuck. RDR 2 has hundreds of animals and plants, yet nobody bothers exploring the world for them because IT IS BORING AS FUCK. I don't go exploring in a fantasy world with dragons to find a fucking flower. How about actual dungeons and unique enemies?
The game was always exciting me. I would always see something in the distance and say "holy shit imagine what fucking awesome thing is waiting there for me" Then I would bash the controller against my head as I lowered down the 50th shrine. What kept me going though was the dynamically evolving gameplay. I was always toying with elements of the games systems and messing around in the overworld. It reminded me of being like a kid. I was able to interact with the world in such depth that any new location only acted as a back drop to my antics.

>What unique enemy type? There's like 10 enemies and the "unique enemy types" are fucking recolors.
Once you really sink your teeth and see how many enemies their actually is it is kinda disappointing but recolors are better than nothing I suppose. At least having an anti element against certain enemies spiced it up a little bit.

Attached: 7674567856487.png (600x446, 221K)

>60 fps (no chance)
ftfy

>botw
>side quests
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes in* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have
It’s so realistic it’s boring.
I would’ve killed for some GTA SA cheats like a propeller back pack that allows flight
Or a fixed dead eye so I don’t have to chain smoke in the middle of a gun fight

This

Kek a shitter with zero argument lmao

Fortify your cores

Only good sidequest is eventide, and maybe the lost woods.

i am currently on my third playthrough, still love the game. weapon degradation was necessary to keep the player thinking and not just stick to one weapon. It's one of the only open world games i have fun getting around since there is usually something to look out for.

I really agree with this. I don't mind having those 4 given at the plateau for free but at least give me something else. More ways to manipulate stuff around me or permanent gear to keep with me. There used to be a magic meter in the game too. They might have cut some permanent items along with the magic bar. That or you needed the bar to use runes which would have sucked dick.

Also having the glider be unlocked through a quest some ways into the game would have been way cooler because it would flip how you traverse the world on its head and change how you interact with the world which freshens the gameplay up a little more.

Way less content than RDR 2 and The Witcher 3, but we aren't talking about other games here, we're talking about BotW so stop deflecting you underage retard.
> I would always see something in the distance and say "holy shit imagine what fucking awesome thing is waiting there for me" Then I would bash the controller against my head as I lowered down the 50th shrine.
Yeah, that was the point where I dropped the game. Exploration was the best part about the game. Seeing a dragon for the first time, going to the mysterious mountain covered in mist to discover a legendary beast. This was the GOOD SHIT. Everything afterwards is a glorified sandbox game.
>At least having an anti element against certain enemies spiced it up a little bit.
Yeah, but that isn't a motivation to explore. In The Witcher 3 you could explore the world and find a unique monster everytime, I wish BotW was like that.

I like that the game is designed around being supported by simple collection side quests. More time was spent on making the moment to moment gameplay interesting instead of writing copy telling you it is

>The Witcher 3
Debatable

>In The Witcher 3 you could explore the world and find a unique monster everytime
That's what shrines are lol

I'm guessing you're talking about the ancient deer beast think next to the pink tree. I fucking loved that. Just exploring and seeing the mist and light. Then going up there and seeing that. You immediately wonder of all the things it could be or what it's doing up there. That's what wonder it. That's what they should have chased.

Imagine if every biome had legendary monsters, temples, heroes, and items. It would have been a flawless experience. It would have blown OOT out of the water. BOTW is missing so much. I really hope one day they can fully realize the formula they're working with right now.

Attached: 64356456456.jpg (1200x675, 97K)

>
Also having the glider be unlocked through a quest some ways into the game would have been way cooler because it would flip how you traverse the world on its head and change how you interact with the world which freshens the gameplay up a little more.
Would've allowed horses to be a more meaningful part of the game as well. For a while, at least.

That's true and good but there was barely any writing at all. Even 30% more than what they had would have been enough. There isn't enough people to interact with the make the world feel lived in.

It really isn't debatable at all. Just compare the DLCs and enemy variety.
A piss easy puzzle with re-used textures and music isn't the same as a completely unique monster with it's own lore. The only good shrines are the ones like Eventide Island.
>Imagine if every biome had legendary monsters, temples, heroes, and items
I just hope the sequel will do that. If the sequel actually fills out the almost empty open world, it will easily be one of the best games ever made.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 543253245432789.jpg (1200x500, 283K)

I don't know they are gonna manage to re use that map.
I also wonder when it will come out.

>>remember the enemy scaling
Nothing wrong with these, in fact it makes it a better game

Just fucking adapt to the game jesus

Attached: image.gif (310x266, 132K)

>but in terms of mechanics or level design is quite far from any 3D zelda
It's literally better than the toddler tier shit of previous Zelda's.

Oh that. Never bothered me too much but I never played on master where it apparently gets rediculous.

BOTW is the only 3D Zelda with good level design

Attached: 1508880673566.webm (620x500, 1.84M)

that was p sick

This guy has a point. I've just beaten the game. I've got about 100 shrines completed with all 4 divine beasts. I have 0 interest in combing the map to find all the shrines that I missed while exploring the game. And I don't have much of an urge to go back and start a new save file either.

90%-95% of the fun in BOTW is exploring the map and finding new things. This necessarily relies on it being your first playthrough of the game. If I were to pick the game up again I wouldn't invest nearly so much time into finding shrines or korok puzzles. I wouldn't even bother with East Necluda, Farron, Hebra, Akkala, or the Gerudo Highlands. There's barely anything there besides the novelty of them existing at all. Subsequent runthroughs of the game would be rushing the divine beasts and Ganon which is honestly the least interesting part of the game.

BOTW has very little replayability because the overwhelming majority of its gameplay value relies on you not knowing where anything is.

This game is pretty hollow. The combat isn't very deep and becomes routine. It can be made more interesting by using items not meant for combat but at the cost of resources and time better spent either ignoring the enemy or just fighting it normally.

Shrines are designed okay but lose their appeal quickly due to simple puzzles and lack of reward.

Exploring the world is interesting but there is little to do in that world. There are sidequest but they are also lacking in rewards outside of novel dialogue and scripted events.

Cataloging flora and fauna is another thing BOTW offers but is tedious and lacking in reward.

The game is lacking in meaningful stuff to do. Enemies aren't interesting to fight, interaction with npc's,flora,and fauna is limited. Shrines are chore to complete with a set reward.

Story isn't very interesting either.

Do the Champions Ballad DLC.

I unironically think people only praise BoTW because after years of saying "guise stop hating on 3d zeldas after OoT/MM, I swear Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are great", they finally have a post-MM 3D Zelda that isn't garbage.

>i unironically think people say botw is good because botw is good
thanks retard.

I did. There are multiple issues with it
>The opening to the DLC is obnoxious as fuck. All of the encounters are filled with enemies that use flame and shock arrows so you get AOEd to ONKO very easily. And all of the shrines are filled with chip damage traps that do that single quarter heart. Extremely annoying.
>Waterblight Ganon is absolute aids to fight with just 10 arrows and Mipha's spear. It is now extremely obvious how she lost.
>When I fought Monk Guy he spent at least 50% of the fight being literally invincible, especially in his big form. Very annoying to fight. Good music though.
>By the time you get access to the bike the game is basically over, so there's not much of an opportunity to actually use it besides using it in leiu of your horse to kill Calamity at the end. Also it has the worst fuel mileage of any vehicle in the entire universe.
>The extra dialogues that you get with each champion by re-fighting the memory blights should have been integrated into the main game progression, where they were sorely lacking. The Divine Beast trials should have opened up from the moment you killed your first one.
I give it an 8/10.
But again, it's less fun on a second playthrough.

>I want to be OP from second one

YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN FUN RETARD. YOU HAVE TO TIE AN OCTOBALLOON TO A ROCK, THEN BLOW IT OVER AN ENEMIES HEAD WITH A DEKU LEAF, THEN STASIS THE ROCK, THEN POP THE BALLOON, THEN WAIT FOR THE ROCK TO FALL ON THE ENEMY. IF YOU JUST RUN UP TO ENEMIES AND SWING AT THEM WITH A SWORD LIKE A RETARD, IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT

Just come back after the next bloodmoon bro

Attached: gsdsgdgsd.png (162x175, 40K)

>>remember the empty world with nothing to do in it
oh is that why the 100% run takes several days?

Fucking around with the physics against the same 3 enemies isn't fun for most people. And if I wanted to play a sandbox game where I can do lots of CUUHRAYZE XD shit I'd just play Just Cause.

Shield surfing breaks your shields?

Skyrim, BOTWs huge inspiration, pulls off being a game you can really enjoy the main quests the first time around, fuck around and do what you want, and/or really dive deep into the lore/side quests. Replayable, moddable, and fleshed out. BOTW has none of that. It's literally skyrim for toddlers.

If reviewers were to actually jump back into the game again and review it now, they would absolutely hate it. The game just isn't timeless like other zelda titles.

I really hope with them releasing BOTW 2 they work on this aspect, instead of shoving in more shrines or physics gimmicks nobody cares about. BOTW was a cool beta though.

>Skyrim main quests
>enjoyable
This post was made by a zoomer who played Skyrim as his very first RPG.

skyrim is one of the worst games of all time
nice bait though I'll give you that, should have used morrowind to make it less obvious though

Attached: 3463264.jpg (800x800, 67K)

I'm gunna replay it and do a "stick to roads, no climbing unless necessary" run

The game's entire world seemed like it actually had good design thrown all over but it looked like youd only notice if you werent climbing over every mountain to your destination and followed the roads.

It's the only Zelda game I can't actually remember playing so it actually is timeless

>Skyrim

Attached: reddit.jpg (660x371, 44K)

not the same guy here

I actually haven't fast travelled at all for my latest run. I've done all 4 beasts + ganon like that. I thought it was more fun to take in Hyrule that way. The only consequence was that I tend to leave side quests for later, as some of them make you travel a long way. I still wandered into random shit to do, just like my first playthrough.

Thats absolutely false OP since I'm playing it again right now.

hot opinion incoming:

equipment degradation is perfect.
progress isn't getting twink weapons from Hyrule castle 10 minutes into your speedrun, it's actually getting extra hearts and stamina, and liberating the divine beasts.
if you're complaining about brittle weapons you're playing the game wrong. yes, that's right. you want a dumb, easy way, when you should've used your brain instead.

thanks for reading my blog

>you want a dumb, easy way, when you should've used your brain instead.
You literally never have to use your brain in this piss easy game. Even someone with downsyndrome wouldn't manage to die in BotW. The problem with weapon degradation is that it basically removed unique weapons from the game. It would be cool if the game had stuff like legendary weapons hidden within dungeons. More stuff like the Master Sword.

No, it's fucking stupid. Explain to me why I should bother fighting these moblins and break the royal claymore that I just found when exploring shrines. They're holding dragonbone clubs which are absolute shit compared to what's in my inventory right now. All the weapon durability system does is make all the rewards you get for doing quests and completing shrines functionally worthless. I only ever fight enemies now if they're carrying shields, and even then I only fight them for long enough to disarm them so I can steal their shit and run away. The only time when the weapon durability system works "as intended" is in the very early game when you have no way of getting better weapons than the ones the enemies carry unless you break progression. But after you get past Lanaryu it serves only to disincentivize fighting.

It's pretty easy to die if you get too aggressive with fighting back when you still have only 3-4 hearts and shitty gear. I think that the combat of botw really shines in this case, before you get a chance to outgrow it through your own progression.

Is it me or did some divine beasts get more attention than others? In the Zoras Domain and Gerudo Valley it felt like they put some effort into both getting their and the dungeon itself. Meanwhile with Death Mountain it felt pretty underwhelming and short in comparison.

you're proving my point
just throw things at them, bomb them, push them off cliffs. avoid them, if you think the rewards are useless

it's not an action rpg

Vah Medoh had the worst quest. You just have to get to the town, shoot some targets, and you're already there.

1. why do you have to fight them? why would you, if you don't have the resources to go through with it? (you do actually, use your head)
2. the game was designed in an unusual way, such that weapons are just tools that are replaceable. this seems to be normal, and you seem to be playing the game wrong

if you want actual solutions:
try shocking them and stealing their weapons. don't have arrows, thunder or any enemy that uses shock damage around? bomb some trees, use the sticks. maybe use them to set them on fire for extra damage. the possibilities are endless, and more importantly, the possibilities dynamically change with location, weather conditions and much more

>Okay, we have to make the first area also the hardest part of the game and the most polished. We only have to keep the game journalists occupied!
>It's not like they'll beat it anyway!
It started off so strong and it gets worse and worse the more you play it.

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.18M)

Companion?

>why do you have to fight them? why would you
The answer to both questions is "no" and that is the failing of the durability system, because now that I have good gear I'm never going to fight another random encounter ever again.

You can have wolf link as a companion, but you need the wolf link amiibo and complete a trial in the toilet princess remake.

It attacks enemies every like 10-15 seconds and deal almost no damage. Ty oi cant use it in anything important like dungeons, trials, shrines, boss fights, etc. And generally even if you have it at Max health minibosses kill it pretty quickly.

Firstly, I do not support the Open Source Movement. I support free software instead. Secondly, I have no non-free software on my computer. Even my BIOS is free.

Sounds dumb. Thought it might be something of actual interest. Thanks for answering though.

should the game hand over unbreakable max level gear just because you want it to play like dark souls so badly? the combat system isn't half as deep, that should have tipped you off that this is not a hack and slash

The real problems with BotW are
>Inverted difficulty curve makes the game get easier the more you play it
>Lack of dungeons
>Shrines are too samey
If they can build on the first game and solve these problems, BotW 2 could easily be the best Zelda game of all time.

Oh, another problem I forgot is that you can pause and heal yourself endlessly with overpowered food items. Healing shouldn't be that easy.

>dude strawman arguments lmao
Go away, retarc

Fuck you with your misinformation. The Wii U struggles everywhere. The meme comparison from the intro scene near the old man is not indicative of literally every other part of the game.

your argument is retarded and would have made the game worse. You don't have to like durability mechanics but you aren't wrong for enjoying them either.

Imagine being this mentally ill and having to invent your own psychosis to cope.

EDGE magazine - one of the most revered gaming publications in the world - had the game for a whole month prior to release and they called it one of the best games ever made.

>N-N-No, everyone is wrong but me!

Sure thing sport.

>The Plateau makes it seem like any other open world quest-hunting game.
But its not?

>one of the most revered gaming publications

Attached: a6bd5172452730877a6adc84c0b6dcaf.jpg (400x386, 23K)

weapon degradation isn't an issue if you plan accordingly and mark your favorite weapons on the map
why is this a bad thing
>remember the empty world with nothing to do in it
you could say that about every open world game why do you even play video games then

Just upgrade your inventory with the korok seed quest you will have enough space for weak weapons to deal with moblins and save your good weapons for harder enemies.

Mid game you get master sword which recharges durability so who the fuck cares if it breaks

>did the trial of the sword by shield clipping the wall
kek thanks nintendo

>You can't upgrade the DLC armor
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 103.png (338x253, 164K)

>having enough seeds for every player is a flaw

have sex

without the DLC, yeah I agree. But the DLC adds two features that make 100% much more feasible.
The Korok Mask which makes a sound whenever you are near a korok, and the Hero's Path which shows your entire map traversal history and lets you keep track of where you've been. With these 2 additional features there's absolutely nothing stopping you from systematically scouring the map to find all 900 koroks.

I hope it doesn't, but given Nintendo's total lack of skin in the game (they've propagandised a weird freaky librul cult that buys their shit no matter what) it's definitely possible.

Neat!

Extra neat.

Yea Forums boards are not one person

There's nothing to adapt TO. Adaptation is to passive traits, and no-one is complaining about the passive features of Breath of the Wild.

Attached: 1548105151020.jpg (640x853, 78K)

that's not what he said, brtainlet

Attached: 1561556028265.png (1300x1300, 1.55M)

That's literally what the durability system is bro

Precisely? If had said it, his point would've been even more obviously stupid.
Then again, a shitlib cultist WOULD miss this kind of detail.

Durability is a definitive active feature.

lol cope

Attached: polfags btfo.jpg (660x371, 50K)

Depending on what exactly you mean by active but not in any sense that means you don't adapt to active features also...

actually the only good choice it is CEMU ,i could even play it on my shitty PC with a Nvidia GTX960 2GB vram without a single problem or fps drop.

Only mod i put on it was the no weapon degradation mod and it was 10 times more fun.

but like OP said , the game is fun but it has no replayability.

It's okay, you can have fun playing the Legend of Funko Pop: Blur's Awakening with your wife's son on the side.

>>remember the enemy scaling
eh?

He says while digging himself deeper into the trench

The word has but one meaning and it is clear: the things you do in the game. There is no "adapting" to this, it is something that you DO. It is active.

Passive shit: Limited mechanics, buggy, clunky.
Active shit: Abilities are imbalanced, challenges make no sense

>skyrim is popular therefore it bad
we get it, you're 14 and love minecraft now
but please stop posting your drivel

>haha this rando magazine said its the best game ever you are the only person with this shitty opinion
>in a thread where almost everyone is saying the game is flawed and they found it repetitive after a while
BOTW is an enjoyable game but acting like it doesn't have issues and defending it to such an autistic degree is actually stupid.

The replayability comes from self-imposed restrictions. For example doing a minimal climbing run and sticking mainly to the roads gives you a very different feel than your typical playthrough where you climb over everything.

And there's some differences depending on the order you do the main quests in. Once you know where all the memories are and how to do all the beasts, it's kinda interesting to try and avoid the story events for them and surprising Impa by getting all of them done before she even tells you about it.

except unlike games actually built for self-imposed restrictions (Hitman), BOTW has none of that
you're literally just playing just to keep playing, which suit yourself but if you feel like you need to keep adding restrictive measures to feel like you got value out of zelda... it's a mediocre game

lol at this cope

Precisely. Challenge and restricted runs are glorious things but they are awkward and lacking in meaning without some sort of actual metric in game to go by. In the modern era that's absolutely unacceptable.

When I'm not focussing on improving the vanilla single player adventure experience of Zelda titles, I'm thinking about all the things I'd LIKE to do with Zelda game mechanics outside that narrow box, and a format akin to Hitman missions has come to sit dead centre of that range. Imagine it with custom dungeons, maps and trials, single and multi-player modes, dungeon master modes where you control an Agahnim-like figure summoning monsters and directing traps, and pvp in general. Zelda, like most of Nintendo's properties, has potential far outsizing the mediocre results its aging staff settle for.

sounds like it's a problem on your end if you need the game to give you a specific instruction in order to have fun with a challenge.
If there's 2 games that play identically to each other, and the only difference is one game gives you a meaningless reward for going out of your way to play it differently while the other game doesn't, that only means you're a slave to psychological programming and don't know how to make your own fun.

you sound like the kind of person who really like trophies
fucking yikes

>calls OP pleb
>is too poor to buy a switch so he plays a poorly optimized emulator
ishygddt

>BOTW is an enjoyable game but acting like it doesn't have issues and defending it to such an autistic degree is actually stupid.

Its funny how shitters can never actually name any flaw beyond desperate nitpicks.

Its almost like just simply admitting Nintendo made a great game is too hard for some people. No, we need to ensure NOBODY can enjoy this game by autistically nitpicking the most redundant trivial nonsense.

>EDGE
>rando magazine

lol fuck off and educate yourself Zoomer.

Not even him, your liberalism is showing

>something something politics

Attached: 1526856150596.jpg (425x340, 14K)

okay retard

its more like every time people point out actual flaws you people are like "NUH UH THAT ONLY NITPICKS" and then proceed to deflect any genuine arguments
also the fact you are feeling actually attacked by peoples' complaints shows that my claim was correct.

This thread has been far from a thorough, detailed, deep or comprehensive look at the issues permeating the structure of Breath of the Wild, and its saturated with profound examples of problems going well beyond "nitpicks".

>Its almost like just simply admitting Nintendo made a great game is too hard for some people.
Pretty much everyone with a criticism of BotW... ever, does so by comparing things it does badly to examples elsewhere from Nintendo where they did the same thing just fine. It's clearly evident the criticism is coming from overall fans of Nintendo's broad oeuvre, Zelda and otherwise. There's no reason to believe that critical assessment of the game is coming from a paid sony shill.

>we need to ensure NOBODY can enjoy this game
No-one is stopping YOU or anyone else from enjoying the game as it is. That's a gibberish mental sentiment. You can enjoy what you like, and voice your take on things you find reason to improve. So can anyone.

If your ability to enjoy Breath of the Wild is somehow - in any way - HURT by other people discussing it critically, there are deeper issues for you to address than whether the game is good or not.

>every time people point out actual flaws you people are like "NUH UH THAT ONLY NITPICKS"

Or maybe you can't cope because everybody disagrees with your shitty opinion

>someone is political
>point out they're politic
>"DUH DON'T BE POLITICAL"
Desperate or stupid? You decide

>you say this in a thread where you are the minority
seethe child

how the fuck are snoyger trophies and shitbox achievements political?

lol am I?

From the day BotW came out a tradition of many, often huge, productive and constructive threads discussing how to improve the game sprung out wholesale from the fabric of this board, and shows no sign of slowing down today. Meanwhile I've never seen a "isn't Breath of the Wild just perfect?" thread that wasn't one or both of
a) created as an ironic shitpost
b) full of posts with genuine critique of the game

Ignoring the fallacy of majoritarianism, sounds like "unconditionally suck BotW's dick" is in the minority here.

Attached: 373495766.jpg (576x384, 50K)

lay off the pol, incel

That's not what user said.

I am user and that's what I meant

Says the textbook leftypollack?

based and factpilled

I never said it was perfect, retard

>productive and constructive
oh you mean all those snoycope threads? lol

you don't even know me, squirt

Attached: 1559804159141.jpg (720x540, 76K)

weird cope but ok

If true, then your original point was dishonest since the system of varying challenges present in titles such as Hitman have nothing to do with the "snoyger trophies and shitbox achievements" that libanon so eloquently put it. By using the vaguer "trophies" you aimed to provide a conflation with any sort of measured achievement or challenge metric in video games with arbitrary dev-set tokens, a totally false equivalency since the former is grounded in self-imposed and community-shared and inspired challenges, most common of which is speedrunning.

Hatred of all accomplishment is the psychic core of leftism, and disingenuous arguments make natural bedfellows with the left, especially in any kind of fanatic fanbase which by nature lean left.

holy fuck you are retarded how is trophy vague? that's what it's fucking called on playstation, how stupid do you have to be to assume I mean anything else? fucking idiot

If you'd like to point out where you've independently made any critique of Breath of the Wild, and any area where you've accepted and concurred with a criticism raised by another, that would go a long away towards making that statement sound plausible.

>snoycope
Continue to be fragile, I suppose.

video game trophies are not accomplishments, holy shit

Have you considered that I wouldn't know, having never owned a Sony device?

Attached: 1446045281186.png (306x256, 136K)

again, you're literally seething because someone disagreed with your nuanced and intricate criticism here like, get a grip, lol

Attached: 1559970532613.jpg (722x1200, 115K)

Kinda weird considering you post on a video game board to not have heard of it but fair enough, now you know.

>snoycope
what does that have to do with politics? Hell if anything the lefties are all on snoy

Attached: spoiderman.png (399x410, 384K)

Quick check, are there are any non-members of Nintendo's unpaid shill army left in this thread besides me, or am I just posting notes on the metaphorical brickwall?

If anyone else is here with a mind of their own then I'll stick around, otherwise Imma fuck off. There's no point trying to talk sense to the kind of user willing to post for instance.

Attached: 1460520213375.jpg (346x406, 40K)

Breath of the Wild is the only game that lets you carry enough healing items to fully recover your health a hundred times over and allows you use them at absolutely any time, including while tumbling down a fucking mountain. It completely defeats the purpose of them making the entire world more lethal than it has been in the past.

please leave, I insist.

>including while tumbling down a fucking mountain.
uh no? And enemies can attack hard and attack quick. Two quick blows from multiple enemies can quickly wipe you out even with fortified hearts

Not even me. It's comforting to tell yourself that all anons of a single opinion are really just one machievallian devil with too much time on its hands, but it ain't true.

Of course the upaid shill army for Sony is leftist. As mentioned already, all willing idiots lean left. That's what the left is designed to do.

There's no such thing as a Snoy or a Nintendumbass. But there is such a thing as a retard who swallows anything on a Playstation, and who calls anyone who has ever liked a Nintendo product a [ommited because Yea Forums thinks this post is spam]. And vice versa. When in truth there's only "retarded left type, even if they don't realise it yet" and "normal, has opinions of their own".

The fuck is it "weird"? Do you think ALL of video gaming, a gigantic umbrella covering uncountable games over vast swathes of genre permutations released on maybe a hundred different platforms over three decades or more by now, is some sort of mono-culture? There are no monocultures dumbass. People come for the bits they care about.

If someone has never owned a Sony console, how are they GUARANTEED to nevertheless know about random PS minutiae just from browsing Yea Forums?

There's at least one other user who isn't some sort of emotional fuckup that can't take criticism of a video game in an impersonal and objective fashion here. Tough luck.

>Not even me
Well that's the sort of "criticism" you're defending as unassailable you brain dead retard,

>Of course the upaid shill army for Sony is leftist. As mentioned already, all willing idiots lean left. That's what the left is designed to do.
Lay off the pol that shit rots your mind.

>There's no such thing as a Snoy
user I'm worry to tell you this, but, look in the mirror.

no, you just can't cope because nobody agrees with your retarded takes

GOTD

Attached: seconds.jpg (700x913, 122K)

6/10 it's okay
The sense of exploration in BOTW is amazing but It really bogs the experience down when 99.9% of your reward for exploring is korok seeds and boring shrines. I understand the mentality of weapon durability but I feel as though it's a crutch to hide the fact that the combat hasn't evolved that much from OoT. People don't realize if the master sword was indestructible the game would break in half because guardians would be a non issue.

The combat's a lot better than in OoT lol

Not really. I got through most of the game even the 2 DLCs with just spamming the attack button and arrows the enemies are piss easy to.

yeah the game lets you play like a scrub if you want, but well executed attacks save time and weapon durability.

>yeah the game lets you play like a scrub if you want
That's my point. The game is too easy. With all of these tools in my arsenal the game should challenge me to use everything instead of allowing me to play like a scrub.

Attached: Phone.gif (356x200, 1.76M)

If you want, you still get penalized though so the game still challenges you. If you're looking for Dark Souls just play that.