Hard mode unlocks only after you have completed normal mode

>hard mode unlocks only after you have completed normal mode
Why do games do this? Just let me play hard mode from the start goddamnit

Attached: 1561828824711m.jpg (1024x584, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/santalahti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>beat normal
>you're now pretty good at the game, know where everything is, the best way to do things
>start hard mode you've just unlocked
>it's like 100 times easier than your first playthrough
what's even the point

Makes sense. By then you have mastered the game by its normal mode and can handle hard mode, especially if the only thing hard mode has is "enemies that hit harder and are damage sponges"

Not really. Often, you can coast through without playing optimally on lower difficulties. For example, Death March on Witcher 3 really forces you to build skills and use items (e.g. oils, potions) correctly.

Honestly, it sicken me when shitty artist say that anatomy and perspective is not important.
Like, my negro, these are literally and figuratively the two most important thing you should learn after composition and shading.

Also
>hard mode unlocks only after you have completed normal mode
I hate this too. Most of the game that do this is not nearly engaging enough for me to play the second time.

Attached: 1561841744932.jpg (509x603, 26K)

The exception is if Hard more literally has more content. (Like extra routes)

Doubly annoying when they say that "it doesn't apply to me because I'm drawing in a cartoon style".

t.failed artist who fell for the Loomis meme and seethes and other artists making mad patreon bucks

Sometimes it's a good idea to download a completed save file from the internet so you can skip normal mode but it's hard to tell when to do so.

Just go to old reliable. Draw furry.

They aren't important in that ACTUALLY learning anatomy - names of bones and shit - is a waste of time. You always have reference to work with, you don't need to actually remember where which muscle is, that's just dumb. What you need is to convey movement in a dynamic and expressive way, that's the actual key to good figure drawings.

>tfw this is a you have to beat hard mode to unlock easy mode

>high tolerance for autism
>cast iron stomach
>nerves of steel
>nigh endless patience when necessary
>work best alone
>can't handle being """managed"""
>don't understand office politics

The only thing I can't do is draw. Drawing degenerate art would be a perfect job for me otherwise. How fucked am I?

How do I stop being shit at drawing, I dont know how to improve.

How do you get better at Dark Souls? Keep trying again.

I don't understand. To fuck anime girls I first have to learn how to turn into a skeleton? Become a necromancer? Acquire X-Ray vision and look at myself in the mirror? Pls explain.

True mate, true. But these are so few and far between. I can't even think of one off the top of my head.
To me, it meant that these people don't consider their work to be art at all. Just some shitty cartoonists on the internet. The worst kind of people is the one who called themselves "Artist" when they don't bother to put theirs all into it.
I kinda agree, but you'd still need the basic understanding of human's anatomy to be able to use the reference effectively without copying them right off.

Attached: Jester looking at shitpost.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Here's the truth, that advice is completely true. You and everyone reading this post knows it. I don't need to explain why, it's obvious. However, most artists lie about having learned it first. Most won't learn "proper anatomy" for years after they start drawing daily. It's an absolutely vital step to bring your art to the next level, and if you're smart you'll learn it early. However, artists who act like they didn't start drawing until they understood every aspect of anatomy are fucking retarded. They were doing the same shit, and they weren't doing the boring studies of real life either. They're pretentious buttholes about preaching proper anatomy because they don't want you wasting as much time as they did. The only way people who stick with it truly understand this is by hearing it from a thousand different people.

Attached: Breathing.png (298x268, 34K)

The pic is not the actual case, but i feel any artist will be 100 times better if they bother learning anatomy properly, their mastery just shows in the work they do, same thing with perspective.

On topic
>final ending or actual content is behind hard mode
Fuck this, call me a casual but if there is a mode called "normal" mode, it should have everything available to it. I dont mind locking rewards like skins or new weapons behind hard mode but having exclusive levels is garbage.

>hard mode is so hard most people don't even attempt it and people get upset when you talk about it

Attached: 2c248f552d097134b377d8caa9a67169_cropped.jpeg.jpg (717x552, 94K)

how do i keep myself from straying from the realism learning to the animu bullshit while learning?

>what is artistic integrity?

D00D u r so rite. All competent devs should be able to make levels with scaling difficulty and any content that simply doesn't work when scaled down just needs to be cut entirely and never see the light of day!

I'd say it's somewhat valid in the case of a game drip feeding you essential mechanics and having encounters tailored to make you master a mechanic before progressing with higher difficulties ignoring this learning curve, but even then I think the game should only provide a warning message.

>Like, my negro, these are literally and figuratively the two most important thing you should learn after composition and shading.
you have it in the wrong order, and it's better to learn it all simultaneously

Chant "begone foul succubus" three times slowly in a stern voice before drawing. This will focus you enough to at least suppress the demonic thots, if not temporarily exorcise them. Invoke the name of our Lord Jesus Christ if you feel you need a little extra help.

Attached: 51Up2myyySL.jpg (361x500, 42K)

The only rule of art is whatever you can get away with, anything else is cope gatekeeping by people who aren't popular and successful
It's art not fucking drafting blueprints

Attached: 1298318560799.jpg (324x357, 16K)

What's this about Japanese accents? I've only got a minimal grasp on the language so far, so I can't quite read what this is about other than it counting syllables in words.

Fuck that, just leave it unchanged on normal mode, let me tough it out, the worse thing about some old games was just playing normally, reach the ending and get cucked with
>oh did you know? The ACTUAL last boss is behind hard mode, now go replay the whole game again to get the proper ending HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Fuck off, if you are going to do that have hard mode be the default mode, or you know, call it NORMAL mode. There is nothing normal about not having an ending.

You have to learn to hate anime by seeing it for what is is for a little while. You'll eventually cringe at the mere thought of it and your art will be better for it.

Anyone can learn how to draw, but it takes time and effort. You either need to enjoy drawing, or have the capacity to force yourself to do something you don't enjoy.

>he actually bothers with anatomy studies
>he hasn't taken the /gd/pill
Why bother with worrying about your anime characters having perfectly rendered deltas when you can have your slick, sexy line weight carry you into the hall of the gods?

Attached: 60613-puyo-pop-fever-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1143, 178K)

>to become an anime girl you must be able to conjure a ghost skeleton

Attached: 1552811604744.jpg (422x422, 48K)

this is what happens
artstation.com/santalahti

>the /gd/pill
the what

>See activity that looks interesting
>First attempt is fun, I'm horrible but I enjoy myself
>I've been doing this activity for a while now, and it has become a hobby I do daily
>I'm starting to surround myself with people who also like this activity, they're all much better than me but they're helpful and giving me advice
>Now that a period of extended time has passed, I've decided to fully engross myself in this activity and learn how perfect my performance at it

Holy shit, just like everything else art is about experience and time. Please don't listen to LOOMIS idiots and whoever else, absolutely nobody started drawing by reading LOOMIS then never struggled with construction or anatomy again. You're always going to struggle with it and you'll redraw thousands of drawings in your life if you stick wit it. It's like trying to get into competitive Melee when you've never even played a video game before. First you'll have to learn how to hold the controller and press the right fucking buttons. Once you get used to games as a concept and time has passed, then maybe then you'll be good enough to learn the more advanced tactics and master individual characters. Don't be mad that you only just started playing games last year and there's people on Twitch who are better at Melee than you. Absolutely none of them started off playing video games half as good as they are now, and most have been playing them a very long time.

Just draw whatever you feel like at first and ignore the LOOMIS shitheads, you're not going to become a top artist overnight but that's fucking fine. Yes you should learn proper anatomy and take time to study it, but you're obviously not going to do that boring crap all at one time you should draw what you want as you're learning.

Attached: Loomis.png (800x619, 496K)

Attached: 1541284570442.gif (740x900, 1012K)

To me, the most important thing is to surround yourself with those who shared a similar ambition.
Find some artist friends at the same level as you with preferably a similar style should be a good start. After that, you and your mates should be able to push each other to become better as long as no one gives up. Try to draw the current art memes will be a good exercise as well. And most important of all, HAVE FUN!
Use references while drawing. Just open up the reference of your choice that's not anime related.
Remember to draw smaller heads, eyes, and more detailed nose. But you should really remember that most people have their own art style and you should not categorize them all as "anime".

Attached: le_sueur_eustache_506_a_gathering_of_friends-750x400.jpg (750x400, 90K)

ABSOLUTELY SYMBOLIC

The pill, user.

alright then.

how do i draw bodies better?
i keep practicing

Attached: 1557828678187.png (219x379, 40K)

none of this is true art, thats just craftmanship like carpentery, there is zero meaning behind it, just pretty/realistic pictures

i see.

Simply, avant-garde.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 7K)

If you want to be one of those musicians who can't read sheet music be my guest. It's not that you can't do it, but you're creating a lot of stress and extra work for yourself when you could just take time and learn the boring craft part of it and actually fully comprehend the line of work you're in.

>true ending requires multiple playthroughs
This is one of gaming's biggest crimes, prove me wrong

Why did I feel such fear from just looking at smiling faces?

and by "correctly" you mean exploit broken builds and retarded AI. Much like how TES becomes a game of exploiting geometry the AI can't path through

>Finland
It's not like they got anything better to do there.

Attached: 1539789520466.jpg (960x960, 266K)

Most people here haven't drawn anything since grade school, you should ask in the drawfag threads

The value of something is often how hard you work for it.

Attached: 1561280015654m.jpg (1024x1011, 155K)

I unironically like this more then any other art ive seen in years. Its like staring into the abyss. I feel something.

okay i;ll ask

There are basically two types of words, downstep and 平板 words. Downstep words will have syllable that is accented which will have a downstep after it, but certain downstep words have it on the last syllable so it is only noticeable when a particle is attached to it. Pitch accent can affect the actual meaning of the word like 今は (I mawa) and 居間は (iMA wa). The best part is that most textbooks, courses, even most Japanese to English dictionaries won't have any mention of it (despite J-J dictionaries have a number telling you which syllable the downstep is on.) Basically, you can not learn japanese

Attached: 1457103398792.jpg (765x512, 150K)

Read Huston

>you don't need to actually remember where which muscle is
very wrong, if you're drawing people then you should know that, as your drawings will ALWAYS be better knowing it than not knowing. Knowing names is usually just a way to help you remember everything but you dont need it.
Of course gesture is very important too and you can sacrifice anatomy for better poses, however good artists ALWAYS know anatomy, so they know which parts they can edit/remove and what they can get away with and still have a believable, dynamic picture.
You will not always have reference to work with, unless you have a perfect model who looks exactly like what you want to draw on hand 24/7 so the knowledge is always required, and even if you have reference, if you dont have knowledge the reference will be your limit, whereas if you know what you're doing the reference is just an enhancer, and you'll be able to go beyond it and make actual art.

Thinking like this is why 99.99% westerners can't draw anime style art without it looking weird and shitty.
Japs are surrounded by anime style and manga from young age and practice drawing that style, and it works for them.
If you think every WSJ artist studied loomis you're a coping fag.

>sense of futility and sense of accomplishment both gradually rise indefinitely

10/10 graph

>better at drawing than anyone itt
>still can't job drawing or comissions

I honestly hate seeing things like this where the artist is very clearly trying their best but they're just not good and showing zero signs of improving
It's like that episode from Simpsons where Bart tries his absolute best to do well in school but he still gets an F

Attached: 1557061478231.jpg (640x775, 36K)