Halo is garbage

Halo is garbage

Attached: 1448312499438.jpg (486x639, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i32pMgONahs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're garbage

No it's not

True, only retards that played it when they were six think otherwise.

Is there a problem here

Attached: controller3.jpg (400x400, 32K)

I like it

Attached: 1491798437582.jpg (1050x335, 39K)

False and reprehensible

Attached: 46545aeb5b3cde3dacff73c7c87e0c8a5ce4e432b7e6fedf3b3e10119beb6a35_1.jpg_1.jpg (751x669, 86K)

It's a good retro game.

alright, what is a better FPS released in the same eta as Halo CE?

Outdated meme.
This needs to be changed to MW1 or 2, hell, even Overwatch.

>nobody giving any reasons why it's good

>this Sony Cuck cope everyone is hyped for MCC

Always asshurt as usual.

I like the music, it sounds like neo-classical stuff like E.S. Posthumus. Goes well with the jungle setting setting. Also a large expanded universe with a good amount of alien races.

>why it's good
Lore you can be lost in. check the average Halo thread vs the average Smash, Persona, Final Fantasy etc thread and see the superficial shit they discuss vs Halo.
Kino multiplayer
Kino story and campaign for an FPS and in general.

Who gives a fuck about story in an FPS? It's just the same Starcraft retread, but with more xenofags.
>multiplayer
If you like aimbots, sure.
>campaign
Nah, it's all linear shit with boring enemies and sparse encounters. It relies entirely on "epic" cinematic moments.

man you sure sound like a fun guy

>Kino story and campaign for an FPS and in general.
only 1-3. myself and a good friend of mine made plans to finish all the halo's on legendary co-op before reach releases and then finish that also on legendary co-op before infinite releases but i literally cannot get myself to play halo 4 after finishing 1-3 (and odst) whilst having an absolute blast of a time. like i actually loved playing them again like it was the first time i'd played them but it's been like a month now since we started 4 and i just cannot get myself to play it the campaign is that fucking boring. the multiplayer of 4 is decent though i'll give it that.

actually not worth much more than this (you) just offyourself dude

so what games do you think are good? give me your top 5 list of greatest exclusive franchises of all time and we'll see where your allegiances lie. don't lie. halo is easily in mine.

Imagine not respecting the most Chad console of the 6th Generation. You had to be a Chad just to get the console home to play Halo. Maybe that's why OP is making this thread. Little baby girl arms, can't handle a real man's console. Hit the gym you pencil neck geek lol

Attached: xbox_908.jpg (1494x1000, 318K)

>Who gives a fuck about story in an FPS?
Most people.

>Halo Lore

Attached: 352392dd-822a-440e-81bf-d18fbb6b50c3.png (557x413, 12K)

>exclusive
Halo's not exclusive and hasn't been for over 15 years.

>check the average halo thread
15 posters with one of them being an autistic retard that can’t shut up about Reach and ODST, and another being an Elite faggot that dumps the same 10 pictures.

still vastly superior to
>little girls are sexy
>wow deep jap lore

It should say killing aliens is cool

>dodging the question

answer the question. halo has always been associated as a microsoft exclusive franchise and as of yet hasn't existed on any other console. still waiting for your answer.

the first one was good, the rest is overrated

I don't play console games, so I don't care about exclusivity.
If I'm going to play a single player shooter, I'll play anything that doesn't have straight hallway levels and boring enemies.

>I'll play anything that doesn't have straight hallway levels and boring enemies.
that rules out doom then.

If you've only played nuDoom. As a Halo fan, such a thing wouldn't surprise me.

quake is dead and gone. doom is halo with a pseudo heavy metal paint job.

how would you rank these franchises in a top 5

halo
doom
call of duty
battlefield
killzone

Doom doesn’t have sprint so it’s automatically better.

Yea Forums has changed

>Doom
>Old Battlefield
>Halo
>New Battlefield and Call of Duty are indistinguishable
>Never owned a Playstation
inb4 you immediately fixate on me liking Doom for the rest of the thread.

Attached: resized_JPEG_1549437668700_647372565746494589.jpg (625x790, 54K)

Neither does Halo

4/5 are abortions

I wouldn't call it garbage, but it definitely set some shitty precedent for the consolization of FPS games.

It was a tricky question. Kill zone is obviously the best but thanks for exposing yourself as an anti playstation shill.

i don't see how anyone can dislike halo and like doom. they're not even competitors and both do what they do really well.

Where is it PCbros

Attached: mild aaaaaaa.gif (800x450, 531K)

yeah dude its totally weak, i grew up playing mw2 and i went back to play this game and its a clunky unpolished pos

>kino
Opinion(s) discarded

Halo is slow and movie-esque. Every level is a straight line. Enemy spawns are infrequent, and they all die in either a single headshot or a charged Plasma Pistol shot followed by a single headshot. Take damage, then just hide and wait for all of the damage to go away. They even removed powerups after CE, making the campaigns even more boring.

>Quakesois still seething decades later
lmao we won and you lost
cope

The last good Halo is 12 years old
Nobody won

Doom won in the end.

comparing it to doom is retarded because it was never supposed to be a doom clone with lots of frequent enemy spawns. i've never once found it to be boring except 4 and 5 which most people agree are mediocre. 1-3 is universally loved by fans and critics. you sound like those dumb people that in other doom threads say doom is shit because cod has a story and whatever BS they say. comparing 2 games which aren't even trying to do anything similar is retarded.

>Halo was pretty much based from Marathon
>"B-but it's a Doom clone!"
>A game that was finished less than a year after
>Had Z axis shooting
>Better physics, magazines, and dual wielding
Hmmm

Attached: .jpg (2808x3000, 414K)

nobody was ever mad but the gays who liked halo

ftfy

Attached: 1561950199255.png (594x413, 31K)

>i've never once found it to be boring except 4 and 5 which most people agree are mediocre
They're all the same thing, with a couple of enemies changed here and there. You deal with encounters the same way in every game, and the level design never becomes complex.
>comparing 2 games which aren't even trying to do anything similar
They're both trying to be single player FPS games. If we're going to compare story-focused FPS, then even Half Life is better because it at least has more interesting weapons & enemy encounters while not feeling like you're knee-deep in mud.

>War is cool
More like, "We have to survive a genocide from a religious fanatics."

Doom combat is just spamming the shotgun for 90% of the game.

Doom is garbage

Attached: Baby's First FPS.png (500x755, 524K)

Halo combat is just doing nothing for 90% of the game, then using the noob combo on an Elite for the last 10%.

Some guy woke up today and got upset about halo because its not his type of game (or is actually underage), and made a thread about it.

Anyone of the age would remember that this game came out at the end of the arena shooter era when people were tired of playing them. Yea Forums played both unreal tournament and halo at the time.

If you objectify you are retarded.

Attached: 1417070846790.jpg (1280x852, 325K)

>They're all the same thing
this just proves you've never played any of them. 1-3 feel colossally different to 4 and 5 in every way. the last 2 feel like completely different games compared to 1-3.

>They're both trying to be single player FPS games
this is the dumbest thing you've said by far. are two RPG identical for the sole fact they're both RPG? is fallout 3 the same as halo and doom because it's also an FPS? jesus christ. the core game direction could be the same, and most games fill into a few core genres, but the actual gameplay and where the developers want to take those fundamentals can vary massively and do vary massively in the case of the FPS genre at large and doom and halo. try being less retarded with your next reply.

you only need the noob combo if you're ass at the game or playing on legendary.

Gameplay, level design, AI, weapons, vehicles, enemies, art, music, story, and Master Chief and Cortana.

Why do they hate Halo and Metroid, is it because Samus is too hot and Master Chief is too masculine to be on a Sony console?

Since Quake is dead, I think we can all agree the best FPS games are CS and TF2.

I've never played a Halo game, so I think elites are the only enemy type. I can't comprehend the fact you deal with multiple enemy types at once that can't be killed the same way since I'm a Doom player. I also think Noob combo is viable in Halo CE Legendary when anybody who actually played it knows rapid fire Plasma Pistol is the superior tactic in that one

I have the feeling people who shit on Halo have never played the games.

you fellas excited for the SPV 3 update?

>this just proves you've never played any of them.
I've beaten all of them solo Legendary. As far as single player goes, the only difference between games is the setting and art style.
> is fallout 3 the same as halo and doom because it's also an FPS?
Fallout has RPG mechanics to set it aside. What does Halo have? Cutscenes? Did you just ignore my Half Life comparison as well?

Attached: file.png (1563x609, 1015K)

You know what's good level design bros? A straight line to the yellow key card, then the blue and then the red and then the exit. Truly ludo and not linear at all. Sometimes you can even get two of the three keycards in a slightly different order.

why is every generation gayer than the last? seriously ieven if your father whos dob was 1950 he wasnt as gay as todays 18 yo

Masterz is a creepy little fuck but I'm interested in the Commander stuff.

>instead of using 2 guns, just use 1
>this is an improvement

that was everybodys first fps fucking retard

Here's your (((YOU)))

Attached: in you go.png (78x90, 7K)

If it was a shotgun would it be okay?

so you're telling me you've played 4 games you absolutely hate with such a passion (and on the hardest difficulty) that you're spending all this time trying to shit on it on this random imageboard? yeah nah i'm not buying it and you could have got that image anywhere because no sane person goes through experiences they hate, whilst purposely making it harder for themselves, 4 times in a row.
so you're either trolling or lying.

Based lol

Yeah, fuck that. How about we stick a player in a single room for 10 minutes while waves of enemies drop in.

Serious Sam?

You're not finishing any Doom game on UV with just a shotgun.
I've since outgrown Halo and stopped playing my Xbox. Looking at the games beyond the spectacle, it's all the same shit. Enemy behaviors may be slightly tweaked, as are health values, but none of it matters in the longrun.

That's not Halo at all. What Halo mission are you talking about? The first contact one in CE? That's actually CoD you described.

That's like half of Halo 2.

t. Hasn't played Doom
You can use the shotgun until a boss enemy shows up. Then whip out one of your five boss killer weapons the game showers you with and go to town on the boring bullet sponge. Then for Lost Souls, Imps, Zombies, and Pinkies just shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun away for 30 levels.

>t. Hasn't played Doom
>5 boss killer weapons
This is the pot calling the kettle a nigger.

Yet you felt the need, at the time, to complete all the games on legendary? Full of shit, my man

UT99, Quake 3, HLDM, CS, Tribes 1 + 2, Team Fortress, Turok 1 + 2, AvP 1 + 2, TimeSplitters, etc. were all out before Halo came out.

The only reason why Halo ever took off was because it was literally babby's first FPS game and because it was on console.

>Looking at the games beyond the spectacle, it's all the same shit. Enemy behaviors may be slightly tweaked, as are health values, but none of it matters in the longrun.
like 99% of games in existence if you use this logic. only you would think that's a bad thing though. kotor 1 and kotor 2 are essentially identical outside of the obvious being the stories and a couple other things. does that mean kotor 2 is bad?

>Plasma Rifle
>BFG
>Rocket Launcher
>Chaingun (both trash and boss killer since it stunlocks)
>Super Shotgun (More of a miniboss killer)

Also nice freudian slip admitting you're the kettle.

and in a few weeks lol. the game released 11th november 2014.

Well, yeah. It's not like MCC multiplayer worked at the time. What else was I going to do with the $400 console I just bought?
If the core gameplay is bad. Halo fans love to pretend the games differ to any meaningful degree.

Absolutely full of shit

>These replies
I would've hoped you faggots would actually put an effort into defending the game after OP (or some other random faggot) actually tried criticising it instead of insisting it was bad.

The chaingun is better suited toward smaller enemies and for use at range. Good luck using just a shotgun when you're swarmed by Lost Souls.
Whatever, man. I posted my proof. You just can't accept that Halo's single player is mediocre at best.

I'm less annoyed by the fact that the stupid children who loved Halo are now old enough to post here and openly talk about how much they loved it than I am that they're now shitting on the stupid children of today who love Fortnite or whatever without a shred of self-awareness.

What parts? The Gondola lifts? Halo 3 didn't have any of those. Reach did at the end but you're not exactly suppose to win that one.

Okay I'll just use my chaingun in that specific situation and use my shotgun in 90% of other Lost Soul encounters. Really got me there.

You've completed five games on their hardest difficulty despite not liking them?

kotor gameplay fucking sucks with clunky combat and it's the same in kotor 2. hell even the assets and player models are literally copy and paste from kotor 1 to kotor 2. that doesn't mean kotor 2 is bad. it has a really good story. pretty much everyone here who answered why they found halo to be good was because of story and lore among other things like fun gameplay and multiplayer. you're bitching over literally nothing and making a mountain of your retarded molehill of an opinion.

also post gamertag.

ok tim

And the 60 year old boomers shit on you for wasting time on video games. It's an endless cycle of people getting old.

Okay. Then use the rockets for large groups? And the Plasma for groups at closer range where you can't afford self-damage?
The optimal way to play Doom has you switching between weapons regularly. The optimal way to play Halo has you using a PP and then either a human pistol or BR.
Again, what else was I going to do with this new console I only had a single broken game for?

you ever play the library? "Wait here while I come back"

you ever play the arbiter?

at least play the game before you defend it

>The optimal way to play Doom has you switching between weapons regularly
Lol. You mean using the shotgun for 90% and then very occasionally switching to a powerweapon. Play Doom sometime.

I don't understand why Halo 3, "finish the fight", ends with you fighting a small floating sphere. Imagine Star Wars ended with R2D2 being the final fight

>Again, what else was I going to do with this new console I only had a single broken game for?
You don't play five games that you dislike simply because you feel you have to, especially not on their HARDEST difficulties. Full of shit, buddy

Why don't you show me your playthrough of Doom while only using the shotgun?
>you ever play the library?
This is true for any Flood mission. I'm not sure if it's like that for every game, but at least one of them has the Flood infinitely spawn until you progress. Dropships providing reinforcements is a staple of Halo's gameplay, to the point where they just decided to make an endless mode around it for ODST.

What is this weird Doom vs. Halo shit now? Is this some weird Smashfag shit? Both series are cool, don't be a faggot.

I said you use the shotgun for 90% droolie. Try to pay attention. Also play Doom

It's possible to start to dislike something at a later date. Check the image again, that achievement was unlocked 4.5 years ago.

It's still never used all that much. One or two missions where you have to defend against a horde of something, oh no you have to play the game, that's so terrible.

You started disliking it years after having played it? Why? What changed in its merits?

not sure but its always the DOOMfags that start it or someone whos never played the games

>i saved an image 4.5 years ago

that's all it tells everyone here

Cairo Station, Oracle, and a few others. You always get to some stupid section where the game forces you to fight off waves of infinitely respawning enemies while you either fulfill some room objective or wait for a set period of time.

Okay, then prove it to me. Finish a Doom game on Ultra-Violence, using the Shotgun for 90% of the entire game. It's not optimal.
Playing shooters that aren't linear movies.

>It's not optimal.
How would you know, you never played it?

>Playing shooters that aren't linear movies.
Bullshit. Unless you went back to play them again, that makes no fucking sense

Windows 10 didn't exist in 2014.
>Multiple times in Halo, for each group of marines.
>Truth & Reconciliation, both inside and outside of the ship.
>343 Guilty Spark after encountering the Flood.
>The Library in its entirety.
Those are just the ones I remember.

>he unironically enjoys Halo

Attached: 1489599698037.jpg (403x404, 81K)

Are you implying Halo isn't linear and built around its setpieces? That would just be lying.

It could be worse. They could be a Marathon fan.

>The optimal way to play Doom has you switching between weapons regularly. The optimal way to play Halo has you using a PP and then either a human pistol or BR.
Halo doesn't have as much variety...

Attached: the-fuck-am-i-reading-this-is-not-brutal-enough.jpg (636x364, 90K)

Sony have literally lost some potential sales at least from myself and my circle of friends since this was announced because we're not getting PS5 now. That's how good halo is and how much the fans love it.

I implied nothing of the sort

That's as much variety as Halo has. Headshot weapon for smaller enemies, then plasma for shielded enemies to setup for a headshot.
Halo 5 gets a lot of shit, but at least the Knights were interesting in that game. Having a weak spot that left it open for a fatal attack for a short period of time.

>regenerating health when it wasnt overused, and it worked withing the lore.
>only being able to carry two guns at once, forcing you to make decisions.
>dedicated meele and grenade button. Making combat much smoother.
>great vehicle controls.
>great levels and AI

Think halo was the first with many of these things. Atleast i cant think of a game that did them before halo.

Respect

Why do you spam this shit you faggot

so has war, apparently

>>regenerating health when it wasnt overused, and it worked withing the lore.
Not for the gameplay, though. CE is half-exempt. Not entirely because the shield was always a safety net.
>>only being able to carry two guns at once, forcing you to make decisions.
What decisions? If you're not carrying a headshot weapon and a plasma gun, you're purposely gimping yourself.
>>dedicated meele and grenade button
This contradicts your previous statement praising Halo's limited inventory. You're not forced to make any sort of decision or commitment to throw a grenade or punch, but you are when you want to carry any more than 2 guns?
>>great vehicle controls.
Fair.
>>great levels and AI
lol

>only being able to carry two guns at once, forcing you to make decisions.
This isn't a good thing. It limits the fuck out of combat for no reason other than a lack of hot keys on a controller.
>dedicated meele and grenade button. Making combat much smoother.
PC shooters had item gimmicks and hot keys for years. Heretic and Hexen had them, Duke 3D had them. Blood had them. Half-Life and Unreal had them. The list goes on.
>great levels and AI
I can sort of accept good AI, but great levels? Come on.

Based zoomer

Nobody gave any reasons why it isn't good either.

kek

why should we care about your viewpoint?

>everyone
Everyone started with GoldenEye 007.

only console fags started with goldeneye

Halo is a console shooter.

Just ask this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=i32pMgONahs

If it's on another platform is not exclusive

What a faggot.

FPBP

Attached: 1560209365475.jpg (640x944, 98K)

The late 2010's are just filled, just fucking filled with dudes doing an angry video game nerd knockoff. Looking back on it now, it makes me nostalgic in a weird way. It still seems guerilla style, like early youtube. That has a charm to it.

You're trying way too hard, I've played literally all of those.
What made Halo great was its Co op mode through the campaign. Games like Timesplitters couldn't touch it.

Fucking hell imagine putting online PC shooters like UT and CS in the same category as a Halo. Admittedly there were Internet cafés where I used to live where I'd play CS 1.6 with friends using mIRC channels for matchmaking. But that was a completely different experience than a couch co-op console game.

Unless you're implying that there's people saying Halo has superior MP (which isn't the case even in this thread), than I would say yes, these people likely hadn't discovered PC gaming yet.

All of the hating faggots in this thread never played halo custom games

Tribes is filth, there's a good reason the series died. It will never sit among the greats like the Halo trilogy.