Why is it arcades died in the west but survived in Japan?

Why is it arcades died in the west but survived in Japan?

Attached: 1559397596677.jpg (1080x1080, 311K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KjCFiUHoHsg
youtube.com/watch?v=DK4jxtGhLLk
youtube.com/watch?v=eTN6gL21F60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

arcades arent doing well in japan either

>at fighting game tourney playing casuals in the lobby
>see a cute girl playing Tekken
>walk over to her
>"hey qt whats up"
>she responses "Taken?"
>"hahahah I think you mean Tekken"
>"no I mean I'm taken. Fuck off stop talking to me"

Fuck women they're all whores

Attached: 545474584584.jpg (850x478, 58K)

culture

>Going to an arcade in america:
Either have to drive there yourself if you don't live in the city, making it prohibitive to its target audience: kids; or you live in a city and can take public transportation there with about a 50% chance of being stabbed for your shoes

>Going to an arcade in Japan:
Go to subway station, basically 0% chance of danger along the way

They don't allow non tax payers to vandalize the machines.

nice

no blacks.

Japan has densely packed population centers that make arcades viable whereas the West does not.

>Survived in Japan
So what new arcade games have been released there? I honestly can't think of any new arcade games of note for the past 15+ years or do they put a PS4 in a cabinet and call it an arcade.

>paying over and over to play a game

Arcades deserved to die off

pokken

you haven't heard of any because they're all in japan.

Because Japan refuses to upgrade their technology.
They still use fax machines.

This. Arcades do exist in America but they're in cities or large college towns.

Japan also experiments more with the arcade setup. They are willing to have pay formats like Chuckie Cheese/Dave n Buster where admission gets you free play on older models.

This.
>put fingers on buttons, only to find out they are broken
>lift them off and they're covered in some weird ass gunk

>he can't 1cc

salarymen need some place to hide away from their families during the 9 hours they have free from work

Real answer is homes aren't really well designed to entertain guest. They're small for the most part. Its why they generally go out for entertainment like arcades or karaoke. Their arcades are pretty fucking dope though since their cabinets have online play and you get a cabinet to yourself when you're doing verses in a fighting game.

they replaced the machines with ticket games, and then it all happened naturally

>tfw my local dave & busters took out the one single classic machine they had, and it was just some rando multi-rom pirate machine
It still had some good games in it though.

Is it because Japanese arcades have girls like her?

delicious sideboob

This is a meme. Tons of small businesses in the US are still using old technology. Even when Japan "still used flip phones" their flip phones were just as advanced as smart phones at the time.

You mean highschoolers. Salarymen go to shitty pachinko parlors.

Incel Detected

Go to a Round1 sometime, retard. I played a new game there a few months ago that was like House of the Dead as a rhythm game.

Have you ever put 1500 quarters into a single arcade game? No? I bet you've purchased a game for $60 though.

niggers

>tfw local town hall switched back to fax machines to "combat photoshop in scans"

Attached: 1559257960370.png (272x221, 74K)

Every time you go outside in America, you risk running into killers, rapists, psychopaths, crazy drivers, drunkards, gangbangers, or just straight up kidnappers that'll sell into human slavery for a quick buck. There is NO reason for adults, let alone children to go walking around in public unless it's rush hour where you're constantly in the public eye, and even then you're still not safe.

Walking around in modern day America is basically a death sentence

>just as advanced as advanced
Are they using more advanced floppy drives?

Attached: Windows on floppy.jpg (600x450, 37K)

Literally black people.

The ones who aren't addicted to gambling go to the arcades and become silent gods of their favorite games

But you don't get to keep the arcade machine.

DDR A20 got released a few months back, SFV arcade adition, an update for Tekken whichs adds the dlc characters, loads of other stuff too.

Disassociator detected

They're starting to make a comeback in America with barcades. I know a few within 20min of me

Are...are they retarded?

You literally can buy an arcade machine, though. It's just expensive.

Oh yeah. That one guy on Game Center CX who wouldn't fucking move from his Xevious machine. Wonder if he died.

old people are dumb user

It's literally twice as safe to be outside now than it's been in the last 30 years. You just have the media constantly drilling shit into your psyche now.

Nigger detected

Yea it sucks. DnB would be perfectly in place too to revive the arcades of old if they weren't addicted to mobile shit.

>that weird mix of people who are there for the video games, people who are there just to drink, and people who are there to drink but think they're weird and quirky for doing it in a place with video games

I went to a barcade. It was okay. The best part of the night was getting some tacos from a food truck. They were the best tacos of my life.

>I honestly can't think of any new arcade games of note for the past 15+ years

Are you a bate?

We got Fireteam Raven, House of the Dead Scarlett Dawn, and Daytona 3 in 2018 alone. Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 got an English localization in 2017. Konami JUST dropped Sound Voltex Vivid Wave this year.

Attached: Halo_SellSheet_Blank.jpg (2550x3300, 1.02M)

For the price of a console, TV, controllers and a game - every time yeah.

There's an arcade not too far from me that is booming with business, packed every friday and saturday.

No, just sweaty nerds

not in chicago

Because westerners prefer high budget movie games, and the Japanese prefer gameplay.

>>she responses "Taken?"

Do I look like I'm sitting on a chair you blind fucking bitch? Fuck off and make me a sandwich.

>being this retarded
Nigger, a flip phone is just a form factor. You can have a smartphone with a clamshell design, you know.
youtu.be/KjCFiUHoHsg

"Why don't you buy your own machine from Arcade1up, brah? It'd be soooo rad!"

Fuck this scam shit.

Attached: 3 street fighter 2's fuck off.png (1080x600, 719K)

In Japan, people of all ages show up at the arcade, from kids to salarymen, to seniors at the virtual horse betting area
In America, it had a period where it was truly dead for a while, but now it's coming back in the form of bars

I bet you’re the type of guy who can’t even order McDonald’s without an anxiety attack

KEK the glory days of arcades in japan are also over. japan has been handheld/mobile for awhile now

That's all these dumb zoomer fucks know about though.

The entirety of outside isn't chicago.

And thats just some. Magicians Dead, Gunslinger Stratos III, Crusin Blast. Silent Scope Bone Eater is a little older, 2014 but a fucking choice piece of tech (transparent LCDs, air jets, clicky triggers).

Like go outside sometime nigga lol.

Attached: Time Crisis 5 Brochure.png (1339x949, 2.81M)

When I was in Naha I got my ass beat in KoF by a chain smoking 40 something year old Japanese man

>Why is it arcades died in the west but survived in Japan?
Homosexuals.

>to seniors at the virtual horse betting area
I still can't believe this shit. Why do they like it so much? Why not just go to an actual fucking horsetrack?

>VNs
>JRPGs
>Yakuza series
your bias is showing, ななしちゃん

Attached: 1559235312051.webm (650x452, 2.95M)

>or you live in a city and can take public transportation there with about a 50% chance of being stabbed for your shoes

You don't get out much do you?

no blacks is the real answer. As a kid who grew up during the Atari crash. Kids would avoid the arcades because blacks were always there smoking and hanging around and stealing and selling drugs. They were a trashy place. Kids had to go to sears or an eletronic store and buy Atari games for quarters because of the crash and dream of one day going to the arcade with out blacks.

the death of arcades basically tracks with the diversify of society.

Some of those are fine and they even released a revised 12 game version with all the old lates 70s early 80s shit on it. But yee, the Street Fighter one and Pacman and the old 70s machines were fucking inexcusable for that price tag

This is patently false and you must not live here.

Because everything I love eventually dies

Attached: 15632865373.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Source: dude trust me

nah, he's just console-only

LA too

They survived in mexico aswell.

I mean, you could
but virtual horse betting is right there, down the street

The entirety of outside isn't LA.

But you don't win anything, right?

Heavy foot traffic and coins have relevant values there.

Home consoles killed it in the west

>Gauntlet
fuuuuck I just remembered the NES copy of Gauntlet that I got at a yard sale. I wonder where that thing went. My brothers and I basically shared the NES so the games got split up when we started moving out of our mom's house.

Anyway, what's wrong with those machines? I really doubt I'd ever buy one, but why shouldn't I buy one?

Are you sure about that?

Attached: _100426328_gettyimages-53445395.jpg (660x371, 31K)

most places are like dave and busters, you pay money to get medal points and the medal points are traded for things in the store

Japan dominates the console market

This is literally only a problem if you live around spics and niggers.

>kids get bullied out of arcades
>blacks polish up their skills at fightan
Makes sense now.

She was just a bitch, user. You can't just assume all women act like that

I don't know if pachinko counts as arcades.

*snap*

i know you probably hate LA, but it's the beginning and end of western civilization both physically and metaphorically

>>>"no I mean I'm taken. Fuck off stop talking to me"
>>Fuck women they're all whores
>Whores won't even talk to you
Omega detected

I want his superpowers

>tanlines

Attached: 1561699383078.jpg (700x473, 46K)

I mean, those are obvious scams. They look like they're built out of cheap parts and I'm sure they're probably 600 dollars. Only someone with more money than sense would spend that much for 4 games you could literally play on your cell phone. I don't know who they thought they were appealing to with this, but the value isn't there even for fans of retro games. I bet they hardly sold any of these things.

The hell it is.

Why would I go out, I don't want to get stabbed for my shoes user. Pay attention.

Arcades didn't evolve while home consoles and PCs did.

The one thing cabinets had over consoles and PC was the sheer size of their circuit boards allowing for much more advanced games, but once home systems caught up no one could give a fuck.

Same with internet cafes, no one cares if everyone has good internet and PCs at home.

They would have changed from the shitty backroom area for kids to hang out to an actual social area to hang out with and game with other people, but none of them did, the 90s style of just setting up quarter munchers and collecting daily doesn't work if a kid can play the same fucking game on their PSP, and later, their phones.

Each costs about 200 US bucks, plus tax.

Chinks cant socialize. People go to arcades to stare at the screen and have others stare at them staring at the screen and that fulfills their minimum want for socialization.

now yuo can have the sex user, good boy

yeah dude preach. I live in America and there's 12 of us in my family that haven't left the house in 6 years. It's like Baghdad out there in these streets yo.

because japan has ethnic unity which increases people desire to be around others. america is a diverse shit hole which every study shows lowers trust, community spirit, and socialization

Ok retard

You were almost accurate. Japan is a small country, so shops and attractions are tightly packed together, even moreso in the districts dedicated to pop culture shit like Akihabara. In America, unless you live in the big cities, getting around is such as bigger challenge without a car, nobodies going out to an arcade because you'd have to set aside an entire afternoon just to make the trip.

Also they are like 4 feet tall. They even sell an addon to make it taller. Said add-on goes from around 40-60+ US dollars.

Because people walk in japan.

the first waves were really cheap, the revisions and wave two from this year are much better quality. Still you are paying $300 for a small Arcade cabinet that you build yourself to play a few games that most have had 20+ ports on dozen systems over the years, and another major factor is they give a scan line option for the LCD screens so they are pixelated. Some you don't see a big difference others it's obvious, for $300 there is no god damn reason they couldn't include a few scan line filters to get it as close to the original as you can legally(since CRTs are a environmental hazard)

Saving op image for fapping purposes

Ticket Redemption Games killed western arcades.
Prove me wrong.

Not that guy you quoted but while they're not dead, there are far less fighting game centric arcades than there was 10 years ago due to a lot of factors the biggest being that a lot of them don't really generate a big profit. You're less likely to find hole in the wall Guilty gear arcade set ups upstairs in a dudes bakery like you were during the peak of SF4.

However, casual gaming arcade machines are still as popular as ever and this is due to a lot of them having virtual horse race gambling (very popular with old people....) and gatcha/dumb kid gambling machines like press at a certain time for a prize. So basically dave and busters shit.

It's an AT Games system in a bigger box. They are dirt cheap game licenses from the '80s. I'd love to know how many they sold.

>and I'm sure they're probably 600 dollars.
$250 ~ $300 each.
Still that's just short a current gen game system or a decent upgrade to a PC.

>several hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a massive cabinet with only one game on it vs hundreds of dollars for a console and whatever games you feel like purchasing

Oh I was just guessing. What I'd like to do someday is just make myself a MAME machine. I'm just not there yet, but someday.... Someday. A man can dream.

Once upon a time, video game consoles were severely outdated, with the two most popular ones from the 1980's being released in 1977 and 1983, but not becoming popular until 3 years later for both of them, and even then, the more demanding systems were outdated to hell and back, but it didn't matter since each game had a single gimmick, high difficulty, endless stages, and some of the finest games of all time, nearly 40 years on.

Similar experience, but I feel people also don’t really have good etiquette, either. When I’m on a machine people either get pissed when they lose a game like SF that they’ve played a total of 4 times in their life or want to kick you off so they can play with their GF.

You are projecting something but I can't quite put my finger on what it is given that I'm not a retarded zoomer.

>Ethnic unity
Lol weeb. The country is as big as California, with twice the population, and 3/4 of it isn’t very habitable. It’s a matter of necessity.

If they were cheaper lmao they would still be alive, this is why shit like Chucky cheese is still relevant.

The fact that arcade machines were designed to rip you off in all sorts of ways is hilarious.

They aren't doing as well in Japan as you seem to think they are. Better than in the west, but only relatively speaking. They've still declined dramatically compared to the 80s and 90s.

These foreigners understand us completely. My entire family was gunned down while driving their chevy suburban to buy hamburgers, RIP

>because japan has ethnic unity which increases people desire to be around others
*birth rate declines in your path*
*becomes shut in otaku in your path*

>went to a local 'arcade'
>mostly was skill testers and shit with a ton of racing games and a few shitty zombie themed booth things
>then hidden in the corner I discovered it
>Point, fucking Blank
that was the single best discovery I have made in the last year

Attached: point-blank-machine-6738-4503.jpg (550x550, 80K)

Why? The weaknesses are hanging, being shot, set on fire, stabbed, beaten to death, fast moving vehicles and starvation.

>starvation
He would last months without food

Son, you can't make excuses forever. How are you gonna care for yourself when your father and I pass away?

You assholes call each other niggers over petty issues, post gore, kick sad Anons while they're down, and pretty much every other thing in the book that average day degenerates do daily. I shutter to imagine most of you in public.

I LOVE arcades, but its obvious why they died. Consoles and PC gaming made gaming accessible to the masses in their homes. You could BUY a game and play it forever instead of paying for lives or time with quarters. Arcade games were designed more and more to be frustratingly difficult time wasters instead of fun because they wanted more money.

Plus, it got harder and harder to actually get to the arcade in America. There are literally small arcades everywhere in Japan. A random floor on the building you live in might be a damn arcade. But in America so many cities are designed around the idea that everyone owns a car. Problem is the primary demographic for arcades, children, don't own cars. And public transportation in America is garbage. The customers have to jump through hoops just to get to an arcade that will then waste their time and money and not provide them with the same level of fun they will get from a console game.
So why go to an arcade? The social experience. Except couch co-op and online multiplayer was made for home console games, so you can socialize while gaming at home too.
Now people just go to arcades for the experience of going to arcades. It seems like they waste even more money now than they did back in the 80's and 90's though. Games can cost a dollar, sometimes multiple dollars. You can buy "game cards" at a lot of them, but they have restrictions on them unless you buy the ultra mega deluxe card, which is usually some ridiculous price that only becomes worth it if you play there every day.
I love arcades, but most of them dig their own graves.

>Gaming in Japan is considered a legit hobby and an acceptable means of entertainment for all ages.
>Gaming in the West is considered degenerate and childish (even by the soccermoms who play on their phones all day) and not an acceptable form of entertainment unless you're under 18.

I'd v like to take trip to Japan to visit arcades. Id probably go by myself. Anyone have suggestions

literally irrelevant to the fact that they have homogeneous communities.

everyone is pigshit waito scum in west

Completely irrelevant when the primary demographic for arcades is children anyway.

>taking Yea Forums banter seriously
The bulk of us live normal lives you know.

Attached: 20181030173817.jpg (406x400, 113K)

>Gaming in the West is considered degenerate and childish (even by the soccermoms who play on their phones all day) and not an acceptable form of entertainment unless you're under 18.
Stop projecting your own degeneracy onto to everyone else.

Normal people don't come to Yea Forums.

It comes down to how both nations live.

In America people have much more spacious living quarters. This allows them to purchase home entertainment and enjoy it at home. Japan however has like 50sqft of space for every person in the home. This forces them to only go home to sleep and bathe. Arcades are a necessary thing when you want to play video games under these conditions.

I don't participate in that, but I see it as weeding. They're keeping a certain crowd out by spraying that verbal poison everywhere.

Damn. RIP. They just wanted some burgers.

literally irrelevant to the fact that they're still socially inept

>go talk to woman i see looking at me
>we continue looking eachother in the eyes the entire time i walk up to her
>So i see you're wearing a charity shirt, you know being charitable is a great trait
>would you be so charitable to give me your number
>get number
>think i got it in the bag this babe is bangin
>message and get left on read to never get a response
feels bad man

Attached: 1517523094660.png (467x330, 128K)

you know Yea Forums isn't a secret club right

**shudder
doubleniggerfaggot

Yet they still seem to find space for endless volumes of manga and light novels, thousands of figures and full sized statues, and a metric fuck ton of miscellaneous pop culture merchandise that they can't be bothered to sell to the west on top of, ya know, game consoles and TVs and PCs

meanwhile your "social" community has rape all day, crime all night, and no one leaves their house

Its because its no secret that normal people don't come here. Normal people see this place and go "Nah, thats a cesspool." then go do something else.

The only people who come here have literally nothing better to do with their time

Never happened.

The perfect secret clubs are the ones that hide in plain sight. Why do you think cults are so successful?

That kind of blunt honesty is very attractive in a woman plus it shows how loyal she is to her bf
She probably gets hit on all the time and has become an expert at shutting down losers like you
You're just a defeatist incel who doesn't understand this and never will if you continue on like this

? And you stated that homogeneous ethnic communities promote community and sociability, this is not the case in Japan. Try citing a Scandinavian country or something when you want to flex that /pol/ muscle a bit on a gaming board.

Attached: D67CTYFW0AA9kVt.jpg (895x1200, 184K)

I think this is an older game... you have to shoot down a certain number of targets in a given time or complete certain challenges... right user? It's like a police training setup? If so, ya this is good shit

boomer parents thought they were a waste of money until some boomers invented ticket dispensers for shitty toys

Population density

>this is not the case in japan
>arcades have lasted for decades after american arcades died after consoles were introduced so people stayed home rather than be around their "diverse community"

Most of the people killed in Chigago are also gangbanging shitheals that brought it on themselves.

It died in the west because you cant leave nice stuff outside unless you want it broken

Attached: D8aUKUnWwAAQvFt.jpg:large.jpg (1536x2048, 345K)

yeah, its basically a collection of fast paced shooting minigames
youtube.com/watch?v=DK4jxtGhLLk

Its almost like people think buying a game once and being able play from the comfort of your own home is more preferable than the novelty of going to an arcade

Because they because westernized and lost control over their women. All cultures that hand over power to their women fall into this state eventually. It is happening in all western countries too, you just call them incels instead of otaku.

and yet... the novelty of going to an arcade didnt fade in japan despite consoles being not only being bigger there but also native to all the biggest console ips ever made. whats the difference? it sure as hell isnt population density, or else arcades would not have existed in the west to begin with. so that excuse is out the window. theres only one reason: people dont like their communities and dont feel a bond with their community. same reason people rather spend hundreds on cars than ride the empty buses. same reason theres bulletproof glass in some areas and not others. same reason the arcade machines are broken and graffitid in some areas and not others. kys.

>and yet... the novelty of going to an arcade didnt fade in japan despite consoles
Arcades having been in a decline since the 90s you jackass, please stop talking out of your ass

Do you, or anyone I guess, remember an arcade game where you were a cop I think, and it had a foot pedal and if you stepped on the pedal you would duck into cover? It was a gun shooter arcade game too. pic unrelated

Attached: SkySkipperArt.png (850x1204, 1.01M)

That's just because their television programming became too good.

Time Crisis, great game except for the gun shaking wildly everytime you pulled the trigger. It weighed so much it was hard to aim steady.

>muh decline
as opposed to the instant drop the minute people could play at home in the west.
>w-why our mickey d'z got da bullet proof glass dat shit be racist yo why our communiteh all broken machines n shit they aint fix our shit fuckin raciss ass arcade shop nigga
deep down inside everyone knows what the problem is except brainwashed cucks like you

Attached: 1560330259379.webm (288x360, 320K)

Was that really Time Crisis? I'm gonna look up a video. I remember it looked like one of those Sega games like virtua fighter or something with the super blocky polygon characters.

JESUS CHRIST

What game was this done in?

She probably gets hit on neckbeards and betas all the time, I would be pissed too if I went to a event for video games and bothered by some thirsty faggot every ten minutes.

It was economic's. Americans could afford home consoles and most Japanese couldn't in the 80-90's. Add a bunch of reason already mentioned by other anons.

Arcades are in decline now in japan too because consoles are really affordable. They only reason they are having a slow death compared to the west is that arcade culture was more ingrained by being around longer.

The only arcades will survive in the future is if they get some supercomputer and run some amazing gaming experiences that no normal person could afford to put in their home.

"White flight" is a term for a reason. I mean this stuff has been true since the 60s or 70s. You ask people in New York how entire communities and shopping malls and movie theaters suddenly became off limits because they got taken over by your pic related.

Oh I see you're retarded /pol/fag and just want imply decline of arcade has something to do with your irrational hatred of blacks and idolization of japs
I'll you carry on in your wrapped little world view in that case

Attached: 1556472381309.gif (405x228, 498K)

Because Japanese arcades make all of their money off Pachinko which is technically supposed to be illegal.

Arcades =/= community and sociability
Again
*birth rate declines in your path*
*becomes shut in otaku in your path*

You were right. It was Time Crisis. Thanks dude.

Whatever keeps you from crying into your body pillow

>Arcades are in decline now in japan too because consoles are really affordable. They only reason they are having a slow death compared to the west is that arcade culture was more ingrained by being around longer.
totally convoluted excuse. why do people refuse to ride buses in america despite them being everywhere? why do people drive to the corner rather than walk and greet all their neighbors on the way like happens in some countries? i can tell youve never left your bubble because you dont realize these things still exist in places with community bonds.

The West as a whole is dying.

Do you also blame blacks for your toast falling butter side down?

Should have asked for games annon. Went in hot too soon.

>here comes the reddit replies because they cant downvote so they dont know how to respond to their religious indoctrination being challenged

that was actually pretty funny

>They are willing to have pay formats like Chuckie Cheese/Dave n Buster where admission gets you free play on older models
I've never seen this in Japan.

Every arcade is always packed with tourists as well as regulars.

Pachinko games are rarely if ever in the same building as arcades. Most arcades make their money from the UFO catcher floor.

I live in a big city and dont have a car plenty of people still ride the bus dude. America has a much stronger car culture as well.
>people dont greet their neighbor while walking
People still do this. Its just that were working longer and for less pay and were seeing each other less. Also social media acting as a surrogate for face to face interaction.

Also. More car ownership+obesity. You being a racist shutin prick who cant make friends doesnt mean the collapse of community cohesion.

Barcades are the stand-in for arcades in the West these days, they're not too bad. Nice to have a place to get good food at while I'm playing, though the only real barcade in my area has severely limited space in it so they have to constantly rotate cabinets

Ahhhhhh simple man needs simple answers.

>As he types, from his gated neighborhood in ohio.
One day when your getting robbed at gunpoint, pissing your pants and fearing for your life will you understand why there are no more arcades in America.

>People still do this.
yea, people do this in towns with community bonds. not in your diverse shit hole with empty buses and broken machines.

There were two arcades around here that both lasted until around 1997. My mom wouldn't let me go to either because they were filled with teenagers and drugs.
That perception did more to kill arcades in the early 90s than anything else.

Public transportation anywhere outside of major cities is practically non existent and highly inconvenient. And everyone DOES use public transportation, I wouldn't be fighting over seats everyday if they didn't.

Time crisis was absolute kino.

The buses are pretty full here and the arcade machines in the laundromat in my neighbirhood has been operational for like 17 years now.

You've never left the house, much less been robbed at gunpoint lmao

It's a cultural thing in Japan. In the US, it was phased out due to the high cost of repairing machines and vandalism because people in the US fucking suck. They throw trash everywhere, vomit and piss anywhere they feel like it and then act like they did nothing wrong. I fucking hate most of the people in my country but I realize it's shitty everywhere.

Actually, given that he was a fat slob, if starved he would most likely be able to last longer than a normal person would due to the amount of calories/fat stored in his body would be slowly digested.

While not months, he would most certainly live a few days more than the usual amount. Unless you didn't give water then he'll die quicker because since he's fat he'll sweat more meaning less hydration.

Attached: 1447967744066.png (450x450, 200K)

west has bad taste

Location and cars. Japan's arcades were always a walk away in their more compact cities because they are meant to be walked through rather than driven, so salarymen and kids alike could go there after work or school without having to drive or make a trip out of it.

With arcades in America, it had to be a trip for most kids that either your parents brought you through or people drove to. It was hard to have regular customers because of this and when consoles came around, it became harder and harder to justify going to the arcades since it was such a chore to get there to begin with.

Also arcade owners in America had a tendency to be sleazy as hell and never fix or clean their machines, while Japanese arcade owners had to make sure theirs were clean and play-ready or they'd lose customers to competing arcades nearby.

Try the heart of Manhattan cock munch. Just got home after taking 2 buses and a long as subway ride. The only ones who sound sheltered and like they never leave the house are those that think every problem in their lives is because of black people existing.

Just bring a gun. Make sure to place it on the cabinet too along with your coin.

these aren't made for zoomers like you. they're mad for dads that cant get an arcade machine and just wanna show their kid what it's like to play vidya back then. They're also really good for modding

Investment from domestic game companies.

>You will never be a salaryman in Japan, getting off work at 6 and going to the local arcade for some rounds the latest schmup, getting drunk with coworkers and beating kids in the latest anime fighter so hard they start crying.

It's not fair bros

Attached: img_4755.jpg (660x495, 84K)

Americans are too fat to stand.

arcade games had graphics and gameplay literally better than any console or PC back then you dumb zoomer

niggers and jews

>sheltered
You know your sheltered when you refer to blacks as "people"
one day your gonna get caught in a bad area and ur gonna learn to appreciate your own race and start picking up some weights.

You realize it's because we're all sitting behind a screen that we talk shit like that, right? Nobody actually talks like that in real lif-
youtube.com/watch?v=eTN6gL21F60

>You will never be a salaryman in Japan, getting off work at 6

Nobody will ever be a salaryman in Japan getting off work at 6.

Attached: 1554108969900s.jpg (250x230, 8K)

>your sheltered
>your gonna
>ur

Why are /pol/tards always so literally retarded. Even Yea Forums wasn't this bad way back when.

Why'd the OP picture get deleted

Core values

Lame. It was just a Kitana cosplayer playing MK.

7 AM to 6 to 7 PM is pretty average for a salaryman if they got a morning shift. Unless you're a poor bastard that goes to work at 10. Good luck getting off at 11.

And you're right. It's related to op's topic, it's got a video game in it and it's sfw. Why would it be deleted? Hmm

Attached: 1532901247944.jpg (1080x1080, 311K)

Rhythm games
They are constantly being updated and released.

too much side boob for tranny janny

It's par for the course Yea Forums moderation. I had a Yea Forums mod threaten to ban me once for posting this in an arthur thread because he said it was furry porn. These are the smooth-brains moderating this site.

Attached: 1494167954875.jpg (900x1200, 241K)

i honestly can't fathom what are going through jannies and moderators heads when they delete posts for no reason, even when they're related to the board topic.

Attached: imgur filename.gif (320x240, 367K)

God I hate this country.

It's easy to get people banned for posting anthro pics. Just report it for furry porn if it's even slightly suggestive and it'll get deleted 80% of the time.

I like to post porn and other trash in off-topic threads that are too scared to risk a vacation, and then delete those posts when a couple of replies hit it. Jannies take a look at the ghost reply, and assume someone else already flagged me, so they move on. God it gives me a hard on playing chicken on this shit board.

Also a lot of bars in downtown Orlando turned into Gamer Bars, which basically means all of the DualShocks and X-bone controllers are going to be fucking sticky within the first week, and then they break down. One has a huge ass library going back to NES, though.

Attached: ham.png (1015x761, 665K)

This, allowing drug dealing in Arcades because they didn't want to seem racist was bullshit. (my arcade died from this).

koikatu