Literally just uninstalled at the final boss. Game was fun until now, but I just have had it...

Literally just uninstalled at the final boss. Game was fun until now, but I just have had it. I had a bad feeling of what was to come in terms of how cheap they were going to make the game when I had to fight two Guardian Apes and my feeling was justified. This mandatory sequential boss fight shit is tiring and adds nothing to the game even if you're very good at it because that that point it's just a waste of time since you can kill the first phase so easily.

Then you get to the final boss and it's delayed unblockables, instant gap closers that deal 90% life, one shot moves that hard track you like no tomorrow, and the ass backwards Posture system for bosses offer little help. The time you can even meaningfully build up posture damage the bosses are usually almost already, what's even the point.

I had my fun, but I don't feel like sitting here for 3 hours dying over and over until I can robotically hit R1 until the boss is dead That's not satisfying gameplay, that's a liter chore.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Everyone knows the game is trash user. It's C team after all.

almost already dead, forgive the shitty sentence

Have you tried being less awful?

Git gud scrub

>Elden Ring = A team
>Armored Core = B team
>Sekiro = C team
>Deraciné = D team + Japan Studio

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-01 09.05.05.png (919x769, 119K)

beat it same day that I got to the boss
git gud
the speedrun record for all memories is 1 hour and 16 minutes

>final boss
The entire NG cycle is great and the final boss is an actually good final boss which makes you use everything you've learned.

Though you did come to the realization of what the game is a bit too early, so that terimented your enjoyment of it.
For me this same moment happened on Owl 2 in NG+ charmless +demon bell.
Just sucks all of the fun out of trying to be cool and crafty and only using the required rhythm game buttons.
Ever noticed why this is the first FromSoft game that, when standing still, your dodge goes forward, instead of the standard backstep? Yeah not because "you need to be aggressive" but because you literally do not need to use the left stick during any boss fight at any point at all

Attached: 1560378158887.png (400x288, 67K)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention unblockable start up animations that look nearly identical, so guess wrong and eat your entire life bar.

>the speedrun record for all memories is 1 hour and 16 minutes
OP is definitely a fag but you are far more than that, you are a delusional incel.Comparing a speedrunner's time, who spend weeks maybe even months perfecting a run, to a casual first time playthrough is the literal definition of braindead

It's not really a sequential boss fight, first dude's moveset is easier than 90% of the standard enemies in the game and you only have to parry the cunt 7 or so times before you can kill him.

You're just bad and stupid. The final boss of Sekrio is extremely fair and fun. I hope for your sake you're baiting, otherwise you're genuinely mentally deficient.

That's the thing though, if they're going to make it so easy why even bother putting it there?

That's where i quit too. Beat every soulsborne I've played up to that point and after a session at the final boss and having to wait for the loading, then running down the hallway, then the cutscene loads and then having to do each part every time... And the fact that it wasn't even fun. A friend said he worked on the last boss for like 4 nights before beating him. And then i sat there and realized i could actually be playing something worthwhile and just said fuck it, not worth my time.

The baked in input lag, samey bosses, rehashed encounters, and boring environments (just not enough diversity), and lack of combat options just wore on me after a while and i was probably not having any fun after probably the guardian ape. When i got no sense of accomplishment after overcoming bosses, i realized something was off

Literally just git gud
Isshin isn't even that hard
>delayed unblockables
Learn them
>gap closers
Or as anyone with more than 2 brain cells would call them, "openings"
>everything else
Just fucking deflect, you're not even doing a charmless run
Take a break if you have to, that can help. But giving up and acting like it's the game's fault, despite literally thousands of other people being able to beat it, just means you're nothing more than trash.

Exactly ^
It's a time waster. You can't even retry the challenging part without all that shit thrown in between each attempt

i'm so glad i'm not a brainlet shitter like this.

Hit gud pussy, hesitation is defeat.

Why does it matter to you? Some people really like collecting stamps or building card castles, i don't judge how people spend their time. Interpreting "i don't like this" as "you're dumb for liking this" is something you'll grow out of when you get older (hopefully)

>people this stupid are allowed to post on Yea Forums

Attached: 1483602151385.gif (200x260, 4K)

I think had the final boss just went straight into Isshin I wouldn't have a major problem with repeating it. It's just bad encounter design because it AT BEST is a waste of the players time. I don't even know why the game devs even bothered with 99% of the offensive """"OPTIONS"""" in this game when mashing R1 through attack chains is the best way to deal with anything.

Genichiro part literally is there so you can easily refill one of your resurrections, you ultra retard.
And the whole point of the game is having fun in learning how to battle the enemies. If you don't like it, fine. But why the fuck make a blog post about it?
Also the Double Monkey Trouble can be optional and it's actually pretty easy as fuck.

Agreed. There are good times for a multi stage boss, that wasn't one of them

Not him, but he's right. The guy he replied to is definitely a dumb shithead. Not because he didn't like Sekiro, but because he blames his frustration on the game instead of himself. If somebody just says "I don't like Sekiro because I don't like hard video games" they're in the clear. If somebody comes at you with 100 coping mechanisms for why Sekiro is "tedious" and how that makes it okay for them to be shit at it and complain incessantly, then they're a stupid asshole with no taste, no patience, and no maturity.

Attached: Epicteti_Enchiridion_Latinis_versibus_adumbratum_(Oxford_1715)_frontispiece.jpg (1996x3530, 2.54M)

lol there are numerous action games with properly developed combat systems that don't rely on From Software's repartee of amateur game design to achieve difficulty.

You're retarded. Genichiro is literally just Isshin lite. He's there to teach you the techniques you need to know to beat Isshin, if you didn't know them already. If you do know them, then you beat him in under 30 seconds without getting hit and he gives you free resurrections. If you're taking a long time or getting hit against him, then you obviously need the practice.

I actually never saw this double ape boss myself...
Also, the fact that they need to put a meat bag in to refill your shit is just a sign of bad design. They shouldn't have a resource that you have to recharge manually if there game is balanced around it. Same for the dumb ass resource you use for ninja tools. You'd think they had learned their lesson with blood vials having to be farmed.

>because you literally do not need to use the left stick during any boss fight at any point at all
At first I thought this was bullshit. But after thinking a while you are (with the exclusion of the gimmick dragon boss fight) actually right.

It sounds like you retards just suck at action games. Here's a tip: STAY FUCKING AGGRESSIVE. You attack and they counter. Then you deflect again. There's a very distinct rhythm to it. Use your shuriken to interrupt constantly and close the gap. You just gotta learn to read the perilous attacks. Keep your eyes on his sword, not his or your own health bar. When you jump a sweep, jump off him and then start a combat art or tool like axe in midair. Jump attacks are also a good gap closer in this game since you can quickly swing a few times. Sekiro is not for normalfags who don't enjoy melee combat and experimenting with what your character can do. He's a very fair well designed final boss. It sucks that you need to fight Genny over and over again but he shouldn't be that bad at this point in the game.

see
and grow up please. you being bad at the game does not make it bad.

But the game *does* have issues that not everyone will give it a pass for. Don't be a blind fanboy

Hesitation is defeat

Attached: 1555061229029.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Sure, but those posts didn't mention them. Those post weren't objective critiques or well made points. They were just piles of salt from huge crybabies who suck at games and want something to blame or yell at. That's all. They simply need to grow up.

>baked in input lag

Wew, imagine being this dumb.

Imagine getting to the last boss and still not having a grasp on the animation timings..

Bait
Lol2monkey is a joke because the ape is not one bit stronger than the one you fight earlier but by the time you face it you have more upgrades. You just fight the same boss again you already killed except it's easier. The other ape is a literal nonfactor and died in 5 seconds if you use firecrackers, even if you don't

True.

Pathetic

>I actually never saw this double ape boss myself...
First of
>using eipsis
Stop typing like a 15 year old trying to sound cool and edgy.
The boss is in the big cave after the Snake Eyes woman in the swamp area, I think the general are was called The Depths (?), anyway, on your way to the Mibu Village. The doubles only spawn after you killed the regular ape, though. That's why it's actually optional if you go to Mibu first before the ape spring.

>Also, the fact that they need to put a meat bag in to refill your shit is just a sign of bad design.
Literally every soulsborne game had that. Explicitly shitting on that design choice in Sekiro is beyond retarded.

>Same for the dumb ass resource you use for ninja tools
Nigger, unless you're speedrunning through the game you end up with like 300-400 emblems by endgame (after already having subtracted the ones you use to get to endgame). It's an absolute non-issue.

Sekiro is not too hard, fuck off.
Sekiro is however a filler game so they have more time for Elden Ring. It's purely singleplayer and not even long but it has boss rehashes out the ass. Every fucking thing gets rehashed, some more than once.

Of course you don't have to use prosthetics to beat encounters. That's not the point. The point is that using certain prosthetics in certain fights helps tremendously, or just complementing your play style.

This is what annoyed me about the fight. Just a waste of time. I think the isshin fight is fine as is but going through Genichiro every time just pissed me off.

Sorry but there are some things that Fromsoft does that are not good game design, the humerous amount of auto tracking some of the attacks have in this game is one of them. Or do you actually think watching the shinobi enemies literally defying the laws of inertia as they flip kick through the air to hit you

It's simply not true that the emblems are that plentiful. Some people actually use them you know

Jesus Christ you're retarded.

Use the umbrella, it is a powerful as fuck item.
Isshin kicked my ass for a week until someone told me to use the umbrella, I beat him first time and only used two heals.
I used the flame umbrella and has the skill where you can use the umbrella as a weapon.
It can block a lot of attacks bar the ones that cause the read symbol to appear.
The umbrella makes his spear useless.
In phase 3 you just jump when he uses his lighting attack and send it straight back at him.

For this boss you need to aggressive and stay close.

I don't care if we got used to it, it's still there. And it's still dumb as fuck

Great comeback

You cheated not only the game but yourself

>making it so that you actually have to dodge and counter attacks instead circle strafing and cheesing everything is bad design
Yikes good thing you will never design a game in your life

The two apes become trivial once you have the purple umbrella. Sword Saint just tests everything you should've learned throughout the game. And once you make it past the second phas, the third one should be fairly easy.

What are you talking about? Every complaint listed is something they didn't like about the game. You can't say they didn't not like what they said was an issue for them.

git gud

Attached: Sekiro Isshin.webm (1000x563, 2.86M)

Which teams made dark souls 3 and bloodborne if ds2 was b team?

>Beat every soulsborne I've played up to that point
You mean that one playthrough of DS3 you finished using summons for every single boss fight?

You don't need to do any of that, you literally just hit R1. The fact remains From uses obscene enemy tracking to try simulate good enemy design. The shinobi are probably the most extreme example but it's present elsewhere in the game.

user give it a day off and get a good night of sleep. I urge you to try again after this. I felt the same way ay one point. Hell i felt that way with the chained ogre. Dont force yourself to do it if you arent having fun but if you find yourself thinking about the fight go back and finish it. I promise this victory is an amazing feeling.

>plays a game from a company that is known for making games using the difficulty meme
>complains about the game being difficult
The mental deficiency of soulsniggers is fucking unmensurable

i almost quit too, but on isshin first phase if you know how to jump on head or mikiri counter, then you will build up posture intensely fast.

Second phase you can abuse his dead zone when he jumps and go right behind him. Also, when you parry his gun shots he will do an obvious thrust attack taht you can mikiri.

Third phase you abuse the lightning counter.

Other fights let you use gimmicks to beat everything, but the final fight requires that you use the core mechanics, so thats why it's hard.

Zoomers are shit at video games

yes he can. those complaints are just gripes. they aren't actual criticism because they don't have any thought put into them. it's basically the equivalent of a 5 year old complaining and saying it's not fair that mario dies with a goomba touches him. they're just mad because they lost at the game. they don't have legitimate points.

Have you considered not sucking and getting good?

That's because they're used to their iPhones mommy got them for the birfday

fukken saved

Attached: 1536612049622.jpg (768x1024, 170K)

Eat your candies.

Sekiro is entirely dishonest in its difficulty though, compare how Ninja Gaiden and Sekiro achieve difficulty and its clear as day why Ninja Gaiden is a supremely better game.

You need to do all of that to counter sweeping, thrusting and grab attacks you mong. You dont understand what youre talking about, you cant have a combat system and movement like Sekiros without tracking it simply doesnt work, even if you give AI counters for circle strafing that will just lead to even more AI manipulation cheese, and theres already a lot of it because the AI is relatively complex and reactive

>Exploding shurikens
>Not absolute bullshit
>Ryu autolocking onto the wrong enemy
>Not bullshit

You do not need to do any of the sort to counter the shinobis hurricane anti gravity kick you ninny. It's literally just an R1 fest like the rest of the game, I am merely pointing out how absolutely ludicrous looking it is to see enemies defying the very laws of physics to try and connect a hit on the player.

>it’s another faggot casual used guides, prosthetics, and running around to cheese some bosses and now is too bad at the game’s fundamental systems to beat the final boss episode
You people are honestly way too much. I’m so glad Miyazaki finally made a final boss that’s unrelenting, punishes FAQ faggots, and tests if you’ve actually learned the game inside and out. Even the souls farming item doesn’t help because of Posture and hidden mechanic of HP scaling to Atk power. It’s the most kino fuck you to casual souls cheesers ever made

Congrats its one attack that you have to time blocks for, yet even those guys have unblockable attacks faggot. And yeah you got upset at being rinsed by an enemy and quickly looked at things to blame. Fact is that no tracking only sounds good on paper, spend even a little bit of time thinking about the effects it would have on the gameplay and youll realize that its a dumb idea and comes with countless problems. Also dont see you fags complaining about roll/dodge/jump iframes looking retarded and being unrealistic asking for their removal, rly makes me think

That's some hard projection there my dude

>projection
I’m the one who beat NG and NG+ blind to get all bosses here user

Regular action games have been using non existent tracking since 2001 so enjoy the $0.01 that got deposited in your bank account for trying to stand up for From's lazy game design.

Agreed. Never kekked harder than when some user was complaining about each Isshin attempt taking over an hour, only for the thread to realize that he had just been sprinting around, tapping the boss once, then sprinting some more for every boss in the game. Dude literally went out of his way to avoid learning mechanics or getting good, and finally got filtered and roasted like the casual shitter he truly was.

Are you blind?

Truly kino

Are you retarded? Most action games have tracking except for trash enemies that come in crowds, but even then they gave tracking for example God Hands mooks. Nobody complains because its a non issue

>fuck modern games they're too easy, I prefer hard games like dark souls
>WAAA THIS GAME IS TOO DIFFICULT WHY I CAN'T CHEESE THE BOSSES USING CHEAP BROKEN BUILDS? THIS GAME IS SHIT SHIT

Attached: 15021125145210215.png (392x343, 198K)

>fight two Guardian Apes
This is bait

Replayed Dark Souls 3 after Sekiro and had so much more fun.
The difficulty at Sekiro was truly not even satisfying when you beat it anymore. Not worth it.

Ironically that's the one where i woke up and realized ps+ is a sham and had no online for most of it. Pretty gay that you don't even get messages or bloodstains without ps+.

>zero weapon/armor customization
in the trash you go

see

Based FROM filtering dress up loving fashion souls trannies

>zero Zweihander Giantreddit Build I can YouTube guide myself to being able to faceroll bosses with two blocks or so
>toooo haaaaarrrdddd waaaaahhhh

This. I kept thinking about how SEVERAL enemies up to Genichiro had similar move sets and then saw that even Isshin had HIS moves but on crack. These babies are just bad because they can’t turtle behind a shield. The whole game tries so hard to teach you the ropes but these faggots are too casual to learn them. My bf fucking gave up for the same reason.

You literally have three minibosses remind you of SS Isshin’s mechanics on your way to him in case you forgot. It pains me to see how fucking casual these people are

>quit at final boss
Who does this? Youre at the home stretch ffs

my favorite complaint is when they want the danger kanji to be color coded for them to know whether to jump sidestep or parry. like these dumb fuckers couldn’t even beat a Major Circuit Punch Out!! character.

Requesting "give scales" fish

I would have preferred them to get rid of the giant symbol, it's way too distracting for me. They could have easily just made the weapon shine like Wolf's does on full charge attack in conjunction with the sound cue and it wouldn't give more visual noise than required.

But no lets just go with the giant glowing red symbol that can cover the start up animations depending on your terrain

You mean the two faggots who simultaneously spam unblockables at you in a small area surrounded by fire that will kill you almost outright if you step in it? Really reminds me of Isshin.

You just know it would have created even more QQ but I agree that Miyazaki should trust actual Soulsborne fans to be able to pick up on subtler tells and experiment a bit. Hoping any contribution of this combat system (whether a sequel or spiritual successor or an entirely different game) does away with them.

>doesn’t look around the area and think about what tools he has at his disposal
That miniboss is such a fun puzzle that you probably brute forced the wrong way or used an FAQ for.

>I had a bad feeling of what was to come in terms of how cheap they were going to make the game when I had to fight two Guardian Apes and my feeling was justified.

As someone who had an incredibly difficult time with the first Ape fight, you really just need to git gud. Parrying them is no different than parrying anything else, and the game is outrageously lenient in your parry timings.

If you're having such a big problem with isshin you can always just bait the jumping attack, ichimonji and just rince and repeat until phase 3 where you just add using lightning reversal to the mix. Yknow it really shouldn't take a genius to think of cheese strategies in this game.

But user firecrackers and fortnite jumping like the zoomer retard I am worked for all the other bosses after I brute forced them for six hours at a time I’m a god gamer

get

It would be way easier for everyone to read without the glowing red kanji, in my opinion. It's far too distracting for its own good, the fact that its red and your eyes are potentially drawn directly to it makes that even for a split second your eyes are potentially taken off the enemy. I understand what they wanted to do, but they could have done it way better. MGR had a somewhat similar "parry the attack, dodge the grab" system but MGR's attacks and grabs were MUCH much clearer to read.

Everyone knows Sekiro is less than shit, OP.

Bloodborne > DS2 > DeS > DS3 > DS >>>>>>>>>>> human waste >>>>>>> Sekiro

It's by far their worst and least inspiried game yet. Made only to pander to weeaboos

the game has a very high skill floor, and a very, VERY low skill ceiling. once you get to isshin, you should've played the game enough to know it's mechanics enough. I could understand someone having trouble with the demon of hatred more so than isshin, since the game spends its entire life telling you to not play it like a souls game, only to throw a bloodborne boss at you.

Isshin is a dance you know all the moves to, you just need to learn the order. he was the only boss in the game I unbound my weapon art and truly enjoyed with 0 cheese prosthetics. You really dont need them. Just man up and stay in his face till the end

Attached: 1527529670737.gif (480x360, 2.98M)

So do you actually want people to get good at Sekiro's combat system or just cheese? Does cheesing some how make the combat system better?