Only a couple months left until it's PC Building season

>Only a couple months left until it's PC Building season
Are you excited, user? What are you getting?

Attached: tenor.gif (454x498, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

itnews.com.au/news/power-outage-partially-halts-toshiba-memorys-chip-plant-527152
cyberpuerta.mx/Computo-Hardware/Discos-Duros-SSD-NAS/SSD/SSD-Adata-SU800-1TB-SATA-III-M-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v7YBCynA-b0
microcenter.com/product/600422/1tb-ssd-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive
steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro-tkl
forum.level1techs.com/t/the-vfio-and-gpu-passthrough-beginners-resource/129897
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
gparted.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothin desu
I built a new pc last year and none of the games I've played since have felt throttled in any way

had to build a new one early with a 2600x and 590
shame too because zen2 and navi are under 2 weeks away.
gonna eventually upgrate to a 3800 or something and hopefully a Navi card if they're good.
But i'm now king of ramlets with 32GB DDR4 so i'm happy.

Is 590 worth it for $250?

probably a 1660ti and one of the new amd cpu's
gonna be stronger than my current pc for like half the price

I'd say so if desperately need a new GPU right now, and that's as high as you can go. I mostly got it to fuck around with Wayland on Linux though.
But if you can wait 2ish weeks, then do it. If Navi turns out good, people are going to dump their 5xx's and bring down the price.

>I'd say so if desperately need a new GPU right now
>new GPU
>new
It would be my first build though. And there's no fucking way I'm buying used. Besides used stuff doesn't lose its value so quickly in my shithole, I've even seen people trying to sell shit for more than new price.

>PC Building season
What.

Attached: 1561130355981.jpg (569x604, 270K)

More like couple of days. Summer is really pushing my shitty ass P400s case, and Zen 2 is next week.

Time to upgrade.

used card dumps bring down new prices too, on top of new flagship launches bring down old cards, so it's a double whammy.

i have a 4790k and a 1080ti and i see no reason to upgrade. in 2-4 years or so i might get a new cpu + mobo + ram once i can get a 24 core or some shit with good clocks at a reasonable price

i can't remember the last time i cared about a graphics intensive game either. i might play dmc5 or sekiro eventually but it's gonna take a long while until i find their prices reasonable

good lad
i really think the 4790k was the new 2500k besides not being as budget friendly.
ran mine at 4.9 @ 1.3 something for awhile.

My pc is about 5 years old. I need to get a new one built, but I be broke.

I feel incredibly sorry for everyone who isn't waiting for 2020.

2020 is the year EVERYTHING comes out. Intel's 10nm desktop chips, Nvidia's "7nm" cards (with actually practical RTX this time,) DDR5 SDRAM (!!!!!!,) and 3D SSDs (terabytes of SSD space for a budget prices)

I still got a bunch of pieces I haven't put together yet. I might do so over the 4th of July weekend.

What if I’ve never built a computer before?

It's brainlessly easy. There are countless videos you can watch if you need to be walked through it. Everything just plugs into slots.

You'll definitely think you broke your CPU the first time you lever one into the socket and hear crunching noises, but this is all part of the experience. Also, you'll forget to turn the PSU power switch on, and you'll think you have a dead component. Or you'll plug the monitor into the motherboard instead of the graphics card, and think you have a dead component.

All of these are rites of passage

I was about to build one this month. Should I really wait?

Attached: 1557439688771.jpg (671x720, 103K)

If you need it now, just build it and sell later.

>Follow all the instructions for my first PC
>Doesn't turn on
>Freak out thinking I did something wrong
>Local shop wants 300 bucks to fix it
>Fuck that shit
>Turns out I just had the wire for the power button in the wrong spot
It's a good feeling

I'm not getting anything because I'm going to be spending my money on a new car instead. My build is still fine anyways, 1080ti with a 9600k will last me.

I find that computer components are like video games: don't buy them immediately when they come out. Give them a year or two. You'll learn if they have bugs or defects with that time, which ones are good and which ones are bad, and the price will go down a bit as well. Right now it's all hype and you should not listen to hype.

I'll be getting a 3700x, motherboard and 16gb ddr4 soon

My poor rx560 won't be able to keep up, but that's next on the list

>10nm desktop chips
>2020
keep dreaming

ALERT ALERT ALERT.

A memory manufacturer in Korea had a power outage last month that has fucked about 50% of the memory wafers that were going to be put in SSDs this year. SSDs are going to go up in price. This is your only warning. Get the decent SSD you've been considering now or you will be in the same position as the people who didn't buy 16gb of RAM for $40 in 2016. Current SSD prices will NOT go any lower. We're at the bottom and it's only going up from here for the next 2 years.

Attached: 74780406_p0.jpg (707x1000, 244K)

>I'm going to be spending my money on a new car instead
Retard

there's a season for building PCs?
Why so?
Price lowering, new hardware releases?

It wasn't last month, it was over a year ago, and it had zero effect on SSD prices

s-source? for the info

black friday / cyber monday, big deals

It's not exacty brand new, it's used at 15k miles. I already have enough to completely pay it off in full since I'm not a poorfag. So lick my asshole and call me daddy.

Attached: 1540034828799.jpg (459x527, 28K)

How do you know this?
Also was considering pic related for like $120, should I?

Attached: Adata-Su800-1Tb-M2-2280-Sata3-Ssd.jpg (400x300, 23K)

>don't buy them immediately when they come out
I was just waiting for the ryzen 3700. Guess i'll go for the 2700 or wait a bit more.

Attached: 1553110561814.png (172x172, 10K)

It was 7 fucking days ago.

itnews.com.au/news/power-outage-partially-halts-toshiba-memorys-chip-plant-527152

Get your shit NOW.

Attached: touhou_hakurei_reimu_7012295.png (1200x1800, 1.26M)

s-so should I pull the trigger...?

Attached: tenor.png (540x542, 388K)

My current GPU is a GTX 1070, so I don't think I need to upgrade it anytime soon.
I should start working on replacing my UPS's battery though, it's been dead since the start of the year, but it's such a hassle to ship it back to the UPS store where I bought it from (it's out of town), and the warranty is already expired so I'll have to pay for the replacement batteries too.

That looks like a shitty knock off. Probably doesn't even have a memory control chip and has uses its own memory as a cache. Definitely do not recommend.

>That looks like a shitty knock off
??? I just got that image off google. This is where I'm getting it from, cyberpuerta.mx/Computo-Hardware/Discos-Duros-SSD-NAS/SSD/SSD-Adata-SU800-1TB-SATA-III-M-2.html and I pay with PayPal so if anything goes wrong they're known to side with the buyer by default.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 12.23.07 AM.png (1690x704, 666K)

It's not a matter of things going wrong with the card, its a matter of the card being bad by design. I highly suspect that is an SSD without a DRAM cache. They are terrible pieces of shit that slow to HDD speeds once you fill them up past 50%, because they use their own memory as a cache.

youtube.com/watch?v=v7YBCynA-b0

This is a long winded video where some fag (eventually) explains why cheap SSDs like what you are looking at are bad and that you should go for reputable brands unless you know exactly what you are getting.

There's such a thing as PC building season?

>you should go for reputable brands
Adata is not a reputable brand...?

People do it in autum and winter because fuck gaming in summer.

Well all that shit needs to come out before April 16, 2020 because I need to upgrade the rig I built in 2015 so I can comfortably run Cyberpunk 2077.

I've not heard of it. "Reputable memory seller" to me means Toshiba, WD, Samsung or Seagate. Even their cheap ones are good.

>Buying or even pirating games with homosexual/tranny shit in them
Modern vidya crash can't come soon enough.

It's a pretty nice pic isn't it? One of the best I've seen. It's got perfect skin tone, good thickness and curves, and even some skindentation going on with the thigh highs. They didn't forget the tits, either. I'd like the girl to be making a smirking face, but that's just me.

The game's set in a dystopian future where people can modify the shit out of their body, of course the mental illness of homos and trannies are to be expected.

Couple of months? Ryz3n and Super launch next week

a rope

Nothing. I refuse to buy new parts until something is broken.

imagine being such a thinskinned little baby that you bring your obsessions into every single thread every time a topic is mentioned

you're right there with the mentally deranged trannies, you know that right? you're just as pathetic

The only people not buying 2077 will be the trannies themselves. They simultaneously cannot stop asking for more trans propaganda and being disappointed with the amount put into it at the same time. It's never enough for them.

Oh shut up, you sound offended yourself.

>I've not heard of it
How? Adata makes a ton of shit. Also I don't wanna go SATA SSD and the only other M.2 options I have are are a 1TB Crucial MX500 for $160 or a 2TB Samsung 860 EVO for $450. How do I even make sure if a drive has this "DRAM cache" or not?

Attached: ;DDDD.gif (340x376, 23K)

yeah i am. you're on Yea Forums and yet you're such a little bitch. i'm offended i share my board with faggots like you. kill yourself at earliest convenience

ill tough it out for another few years or so

>Calls other people faggots
>Plays games that clearly support faggotry

Attached: 95456148.png (726x590, 49K)

Built one last year but I'm buying a new PSU soon because I can't use my DVD drive due to low-balling my budget on power thinking a 1080ti would be as Energy efficient as a 970.

Attached: 1560584083736.jpg (460x460, 46K)

Excited?
>Pay 499 bucks for brand new PS5 that will run literally every game for 5 to 10 years no problem
Or
>Spend 2000 in a similar PC that will become obsolete the minute is built and then beg for games because it has nothing at all

>Pay 499 bucks for brand new PS5 that will run literally every game
If you want to give more money to the company that censors everything and puts homosexuals in everything, then sure go for it, you fucking waste of space.

>just wait for next gen bro

Here, Adata says it does have it. Or is this somehow something different than what you were talking about?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 6.48.38 PM.png (2506x1088, 2.41M)

I want to marry and impregnate Hotaru Shidare.

If you want a good quality NVMe drive, and you live near a microcenter, get this one: microcenter.com/product/600422/1tb-ssd-3d-nand-m2-2280-pcie-nvme-30-x4-internal-solid-state-drive

1TB for $93 after the RetailMeNot coupon, and it has DRAM. Inland is microcenter's own brand, hence why they can sell it for cheap. It's the same setup as the Silicon Power and Saber drives of the same size.

Attached: 600422_860312_02_package_zoom.jpg (1000x1000, 149K)

Might have to upgrade for the index so idk, a new GPU maybe?
AMD CPUs also look promising but then I also have to replace the motherboard.

>buying intel
I seriously hope nobody still does this

>If you want a good quality NVMe drive
I don't think the mobo I'm getting supports NVMe, unless I'm retarded and all the M.2 keys fit anywhere.
>and you live near a microcenter
Doubt my shithole has one, never heard of that store actually

Hence why I was asking about the Adata

I'm curious about their GPU's though.
even though they'll probably have worse premium™ taxes than even nvidia.

>just wait (tm)

Attached: 1560120309117.jpg (716x520, 119K)

>Plan out next pc build to replace my 5 year old build
>Vehicle suddenly breaks down, hours severely cut at work, and next semester coming up so I will have to pay $$$ for books and shit
fuck me with a stick of ram

Desktop 10nm ain't happening in 2020, bruh.

>pc building season
Amazon sales soon?
If yes,is it for europe too?

soon is really 3ish months for black friday / cyber monday.

What's a good cheap keyboard?

Sounds like it's okay. I don't trust that brand but if it's saying it has the goods, you'd have reasons to get a refund later in the case of it not delivering on it's stats.

For gaming you want Cherry Red keys. For typing you want Browns.

I think my GPU is dying
>idles at 50C
>goes up to 85C on load no matter what game (even Terraria makes it run that hot)
>constant stutters and framedrops in practically every game, no artifacts though

Attached: 1516341083578.jpg (321x348, 76K)

Is there a season for this shit? I built one like six years ago at this point.

Putting money away and upgrading to the Ryzen 9 3950x when it releases in September

Replace thermal paste, get bigger cooler

kys

cringecel

what are your other temps?
try nuking and reinstalling drivers.
Or have more aggressive fan control.
And if you absolutely have to, underclock.

>Idles at 50C

What's the exact load in task manager and what card? My GPU (1060 6gb) is bouncing from 0% to 10% while I just have my browser up and it's pretty much at what I consider idle. The temps are 28C in speccy and my room temp is 14C.

If you're like that and it's not a hot day, there's some things to consider.

>Clean the components
$5 for a can of compressed air

>repaste the thermal jizz
It's 5 bucks a tube and you have nothing to loose.

>Try it in a different OS
Boot to a clean linux install and check your temps there. This will make sure you aren't running a miner virus.

no need
steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro-tkl

>First-of-its kind adjustable mechanical switches for customizable per-key sensitivity

Sounds untested long term, unlike cherry mechanical boards. Apple tried something new with its butterfly keyboards and they turned out to be failure prone lemons.

It's okay brand.

it was half a joke, but yeah, don't buy bleeding edge hardware, wait for gen2 atleast. Looks cool though, but highly exploitable for some games.

>just wait for quantam computers, bro
Ackshully OP meant user[/spoiler ] mating season, user.

Attached: yawn.jpg (869x1000, 91K)

>PC Building season
You're as cute as you are dumb

Attached: 6a03f9089828036c7c0d3128de09567e.jpg (708x1000, 654K)

Attached: 1559299270436.gif (350x464, 301K)

My old 2011 tier PC died early this year. Currently using cheap althon 200ge build for basic needs. So I am looking forward to building a new PC in a few months. The new Ryzen cpus seem to be amazing if leaks are true, waiting on release and benchmarks to see the real performance. Not sure what GPU yet, depends if I decide to go with 1440p or stick with 1080p. Leaning towards the former because new experience.

Similar experience with my first build only I didn't have a ram stick pushed fully in.

What animu is this

NAVI SEASON APPROACHIN
FUCK WHATEVER YALL BEEN USING
FUCK WHAT FUCK WHATEVER YALL BEEN BUYING
AMD BOUT TO COME ALIVE AGAIN

Attached: 1560518557443.gif (560x552, 266K)

No, my current build is still working perfectly fine playing the latest games at 96fps with maxed out graphics settings.

>8x faster response, 5x faster actuation, and 2x durability

Than what? This sounds like pure, literally impossible bullshit unless they are comparing it to an ink typewriter. 5x faster activation means the keys would be activated by breathing on them. I specifically recommended cherry red keys for gaming instead of silver cherry (the speed version of red) because people always activate those keys by resting their fingers on them. Reds activate with 2mm of travel and silvers activate with 1.2mm. 5x faster activation than red would be 0.4mm activation. Someone walking past the keyboard would make it flip out in that case.It's not going to be 8x faster unless they cheated physics and made wires that run signals faster than light. 2x more durable is a baseless claim.

The other features are just garbage like gay rainbow colours and an aluminum frame. Hot tip, aluminum transfers heat from your skin 32000x more efficiently than plastic. The keys will always feel cold as fuck on cold days and hot as fuck on hot days.

Do not get that keyboard.

Attached: 1559891229283.jpg (435x435, 96K)

>5x faster activation means the keys would be activated by breathing on them
that's literally the point.
you can adjust any key individually to be as sensitive as you want.
like i said though, half a joke.
And yeah the RGAYMINB shit is obnoxious

I'll give it to you straight, baby. I'm a big, dumb jock and I need someone to help me out with my new computer. Be my techgirl?

Boku no PC building karu ni

Thinking about upgrading to 1440p60 or 120
dunno what im going to do with my rx580 though since it's still good, and i may just give it to a friend

Attached: 1542120382276.gif (544x632, 246K)

Listen here you little shit...

Attached: 1537290326377.jpg (512x512, 41K)

install Linux
and use it to passthrough to a Linux VM.
and eventually do the needful and switch completely to it

Stop making that sound hot

Attached: killua.jpg (509x392, 55K)

wait, i have a r9 390 and a 1080ti. could i use both with gpu passthrough? that actually makes it a lot more interesting, especially since amd drivers are good now. how hard is it though? i remember it needing some black magic rituals years ago. and for special server motherboards or something dumb like that

Built my PC 9 years ago and it still does everything I need it to at good speeds.

Attached: 37.png (254x255, 62K)

Well keep in mind, passthrough will lose you 5-10%+ in most games.
But not too hard anymore, just really tedious.
You have to check your bios and enable IOMMU and virtualization settings.
And then in linux you have to go through a series of commands to get your GPU info and mark those down in file configs, to properly expose your GPU and so on. There's loads of guides though.
And yeah AMD on Linux is a god damn D R E A M, and you get access to wayland, which is basically a modern replacement to handle input, and window managing for better performance.
start here though if you're curious
forum.level1techs.com/t/the-vfio-and-gpu-passthrough-beginners-resource/129897
Best distro for this is Arch, don't listen to the memes, just follow the wiki closely and you'll be fine.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
If you want to skip the shitty parts of manually partitioning your hdd on the terminal, use gparted.org/

i know how to use gparted. i'm using kubuntu atm. i've had bad experiences with arch in the past but i'll read about it and think it through

>pc building season
Is there a time for it?

but how passthrough works is you use one GPU for the host OS (Linux), and pass through the other one to the guest OS (Windows).
Typically you use AMD for host, and Nvidia for guest.

Just an FYI, you will literally never, ever, EVER see a difference with "0.7ms" activation time over 6ms, because even with the 6ms time of cherry reds, you are still well below the frame to frame time of a computer running at a full 144 fps, and even more so for 60fps. 0.7ms or 6ms, it makes no difference to input delay at all, not even a SINGLE frame. Monitors would have to be running games at 166fps before you start seeing a difference.

But one difference you will absolutely see several times a day is all the accidental key presses you make with a super sensitive keyboard.

Attached: 1553337720495.jpg (365x404, 22K)

Built a PC just 3 years ago and I hardly ever play any new AAA games. I do kind of want to upgrade my CPU for better ps3 emulation.

It's shit. Only good for the excellent doujins.

>i've had bad experiences with arch in the past but i'll read about it and think it through
How so?
Arch is my go to OS these days.
But you could try OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
Basically the point is to have a "Rolling release" distro so you have the most up to date drivers and programs.

Forgot to mention, Tumbleweed is good because it comes with a nice GUI installer, and just werks out of the box with a full (And really nice desktop environment). But it lacks the AUR, so i had to switch back.

Will probably get the 3950x when it launches. Still rocking that 1800x, so I'll most likely be upgrading the mobo too. Maybe will switch from a 2070 to a 2080ti if I can get a good deal till the end of the year.

Attached: 1559469058411.gif (270x480, 1.32M)

Been planning this Hackintosh build for months, lads. $1350 burgers.
r8 mein komputer

Attached: Unknown-1.png (1896x2434, 677K)

i wish hackintoshes weren't such hell to build and buy parts for
>no 1k monitor stand
embarrassing

Years ago (like a decade, maybe more) I installed it, but it required a lot more reading than what I wanted, and to pick far too many components into the OS which felt like micromanagement. I know it's still mostly the same, but I don't know how many more guides/documentation there is and how much I learned since back then. I don't know if I have the interest in spending a lot of time on setting up arch, especially since that's also time where I either don't have my main computer or have it gimped.

Honestly I like just picking something with KDE, adding a handful of programs and getting things done. I dislike some of the bloat that comes with Ubuntu but it rarely gets in my way.

I'll think about OpenSUSE. I'll have to look if it supports Cuda without requiring me to waste days trying to set it up and how easy nvidia-docker is to install. Those were the reason I left Debian for Kubuntu in the first place.

Retard here. What kind of witchcraft are you talking about and what does it have to do with my post?
I don't mean to sound cross, just genuinely curious.

Attached: 1515485260357.gif (291x191, 1.56M)

Is there a reason to use linux besides work?

Xfce is nice, give it a try.

Yeah, what the fuck is a passthrough in this context?

You can actually game on it now, pretty easily too.

instead of giving the GPU to your friend, you could use it to VM windows from Linux and only lose a little performance because you're dedicating an entire GPU for it.
Passthrough means to "pass" your GPU from Linux into the virtual machine to use.
programming
a system package manager
gaming is much better now.
No windows bullshit like half-expecting updates to fail and fuck you over.
F R E E D O M to choose how you want your OS to operate.

but games never really take advantage of them, unless you do other stuff having the best pc doesn't mean much anymore

I used it before years ago. It was nice but KDE was better. I'll try it in a VM later when I have the time.

ctrl+s

Allow me to dab on intelfaggots *dabs*

Attached: 1561861987342.png (645x390, 35K)

>and that's just the midrange

>Know intel is shit right now
>Can't help but keep buying them because I'm familiar with their naming conventions and AMD has too many confusing names that don't relate.

Ryzen 5 3600... what does that mean?

Intel i9 9900k... these numbers mean it's the highest tier of general consumer CPU intel sells (i9), that it's the 9th generation (9000 series), and that it's capable of overclock (k).

How expensive is it going to be to get up to 2020 standards? I really should be saving my money.

>Ryzen 5 3600
upcoming mid-range amd processor

Making a new build. My PC is from like 2013 and I've been really feeling its age lately. Probably gonna get one of those new Ryzen CPUs, but I'm not sure what GPU I'll get yet. Also heavily debating whether I should go for Linux over Windows 10. Currently on 7.

What does the 5 mean? The 3600?

Zen 2 is:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X: $499 (about £390, AU$720)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X: $399 (about £310, AU$580)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: $329 (about £260, AU$480)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X: $249 (about £200, AU$360)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600: $199 (about £160, AU$290)

3600 is the "sweet spot" for gaming, the mid(really high) range CPU, X is pretty much intel's k version of CPUs. But if you want to, you can go all the way up to the 3800x before you start wasting money.
As for the mobo, x570 is top of the line and brand new but expensive as shit and not worth it at all right now. If you want to OC and get expensive RAM, go x470. If you don't give a fuck about OC'ing your RAM or CPU, go x370 to save more money.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS84L1AvODQxNDE3L29yaWdpbmFsL1RyYXZpc0tfRG9uVy1OZXh0X0hvcml6b25f (1510x849, 688K)

AMD uses the same naming convention though? The 5 is the tier (Like i3 i5 i9) 3000 is the geenration and 600 is the model. If there's an X it is overclocked (like a K)

I don't know nigger, I was an intelfag too before finding out about the navi series

3xxx is the 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs. The number before that (Ryzen 3/5/7/9) just indicates what the performance range is. 3 is low end, 5 is midrange, 7 is high end, and 9 is their flagship shit.

>Just wait for X, bro
is the /g/ version of
>Just be yourself

i5 2500K & GTX 760 here.
What am I in for if I go mid to mid-high when Friday of darkness rolls around?

Attached: green hill zone.png (1918x1918, 3.7M)

>Intel's 10nm desktop chips
lol next year since 2015
>Nvidia's "7nm" cards (with actually practical RTX this time,)
15% perf for 45% price increase >DDR5 SDRAM (!!!!!!,)
ddr4 overclocked has the same or better latency, ddr5 would only improve on throughput not relevant to non-simulation games
>and 3D SSDs
will have sata and pcie variants you ain't getting a new protocol or form factor till we cap out pcie gen4

AMD naming convention is very similar to Intel. For starters it's 3/5/7/9 just like Intel. Then the first number is the generation and everything that follow is the model. Higher is better. X is unlocked and overclockable.

Can someone tell me why some laptops have AMD CPUs and Nvidia graphics? Wouldn't Intel + Nvidia run better?

Can you guys recommend me a case that doesn't look like it came from an edgy cyberpunk anime but is a little more interesting than just a flat black rectangle? I'm trying to look but most of them I'm finding fall into either category, or are out of production.

Nvidia is a seperate company to both AMD and Intel. It does not "synergise" better with either company's CPUs. The CPUs contribute to performance separately. A better AMD CPU will get higher frames than a worse Intel CPU, assuming the GPU is equal.

I like my inspiron case because it's half normal, half styling. But you aren't getting one unless you buy dell's budget PCs, and as far as I know they are specific to Dell's snowflake motherboard mounting systems. Still, I like it as someone who doesn't give a shit about building.

Attached: dell_i5680_5790blu_i5_8400_8gb_1tb_gt_1398209[1].jpg (1500x1500, 227K)

I've been waiting for for like 4 years, finally built mine last month

>mfw building my navi in a few months
See ya in the wired, faggots

Attached: 1436112110580.jpg (1520x1080, 205K)

Same, I had a 970 and i5 4960k for like 4 years before I decided to do a build with them and then I discovered they no longer sell motherboards for the 1150 socket that my CPU needed. I just said fuck this and bought a desktop.

>X is pretty much intel's k version of CPU
fake news, you can overclock non-X versions of Ryzen CPUs

Well then, what do the X's designate?

I still have an R9 390 with a Ryzen 5 1600X. I feel like it runs most things well but it gets pretty hot when running anything more intensive than indie games. I think I might just have to clean it and reapply some thermal paste.

That it's a higher end or higher clocked variant, also to make it sound cooler kind of like those kids on Xbox Live with xXgaytardXx or iTzFaggot in their name

yes, but literally why
you save $30 for a CPU which will OC worse on a lineup that already isn't the best at OC'ing.
So why not spend the little extra for better OC if that's what you're planning to do.

Check out bequiet silent/pure base series.

Because saving $30 and getting the same performance after overclocking is a win win? Overclocking isn't hard

I like to imagine that the wired is perpetually like the internet was in its wild west state.

>getting the same performance
you won't though. you'll get worse overclocks on average. Especially for a lineup which heavily benefit from high quality and fast RAM OC'ing.

>you'll get worse overclocks on average
Entirely depends on your specific CPU, motherboard and cooling setup
>Especially for a lineup which heavily benefit from high quality and fast RAM OC'ing.
Then you can put your $30 towards that instead

But the Ryzen 7 3750H is current gen, not 3rd gen, yet Ryzen 5 3600 is 3rd gen

Get it together amd

>tfw unironically just got one of these
What am I in for, lads?

Attached: 6e6qovddfxv11.jpg (4032x3024, 783K)

(You)s

I wish I had more money. I just got myself a pair of 8GB XPG Adata 2400mhz sticks so that my computer got bolstered to 24GB of RAM, but otherwise I really want to improve pretty much everything about my comp and I just don't have the dosh for it.

NZXT usually has some ~$50 cases that are neat, especially white.

Is AMD good enough now that I can build an All Red Team machine and expect to be at least as good as or better than a Team Blue-Green one?

I want to replace my gpu but there are no good games coming up this year that my current gpu can't handle, so i'll probably wait till next year.

Honestly AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU is where it's at.

Do you guys think it's worth moving from a full-sized ATX case to a micro-atx one? I would really appreciate a smaller system but I have a decent case right now too. How much harder is it to handle cable management if I have a full-sized PSU which isn't modular?

For CPUs, absolutely. For GPUs, Nvidia is still the winner. If you're making a budget build though, AMD's cards aren't bad.

What is the next 1060? Would it be the 1660-ti or is there something better right now for the price?

It's been so fucking hot today and yesterday that it motivated me enough to check the weather and it's gonna be in the mid to high 90's all fucking week and won't be in the 80's until next Sunday. I can't even play video games like this.

Attached: 1558831600378.jpg (500x518, 41K)

>PC Building season
What?
>Are you excited, user?
No, I don't have much in savings and nobody will hire me.
>What are you getting?
Nothing until the shitty rig I built 5 years ago dies on me.

Everything running slow as shit or not running at all. I have a G4 with max ram in the closet that last I checked was only good for playing music and had a firefox fork that made the internet usable but just barely and with no HTML or flash support.