Is this game great?

Is this game great?

I'm a huge fan of System Shock/Deus Ex/Thief and people say it's comparable, but is that true? I'm NOT looking for ''it's alright and it'll scratch that System Shock itch''; is it truly GREAT?

Attached: Prey.jpg (1200x480, 72K)

maybe play it. its bioshock in space. the mooncrash dlc is honestly more interesting but you'll get your dollars worth from the base game.

It's really, really good. I think it's great, but I'm a sucker for anything Arkane puts out. It is to System Shock what Dishonored is for Thief. That means it's as close to that classic Looking Glass gameplay as you can get in 2017, but a bit simplified but still gives you a huge amount of options.

>its bioshock in space.

Topkek

It's better than d2

Best game released in 2017.

>It is to System Shock what Dishonored is for Thief
that's unfortunately not very encouraging. I thought Dishonored sucked ass

blow off, choffer

Attached: 1479236654338.png (316x296, 106K)

The Dishonored games are the most 6/10 games I've ever played. Extremely average. Not even close to Thief.

Attached: you taffin' me.jpg (150x150, 14K)

no its not that good, its pretty boring, repetitive and has shit enemies
worth a pirate tho

>Is this game great?
yes it is
>its bioshock in space
no it isn't

It's great but the story fails at the end and if you've read any science fiction story you can guess the twist literally from the beginning

Can't say I agree. I mean it's not Thief, but any dev who made a game like old Thief in 2012 would be beyond stupid. Gameplay is basically modernized Thief, but the fantasy if being an assassin so you're much stronger. As far as atmosphere and worldbuilding goes, it's easily on par with the Thief trilogy.

Attached: 1537064411104.gif (640x406, 464K)

>As far as atmosphere goes, it's easily on par with the Thief trilogy

Attached: 14711.gif (171x199, 42K)

It's my Game of the Decade, for sure. Arkane's Magnum Dong Opus. Try not to compare it to its spiritual predecessors and enjoy it for what it is.

mooncrash is trash

I liked it. It's pretty open ended with its level design, so you can fuck about objectives in whatever way you like. There's a lot of classic Arkane systems in there too, from a rather ambiguous morality system that has no real impact until the end, to an entirely separate path that only exists if you're a dick, but in ways that aren't inherently clear because the game never outright says that it's a choice or not. It's hard to describe, but if you've ever played any of their games before, you understand just how they mix gameplay and story together. It sounds bad, but it's actually really neat, and there's no real penalty to doing anything outside of maybe being an asshole.

Overall, it's worth the price. There's some laser robots at the end that are real assholes though, and the cystoids can be proper cunts, but besides that it's all pretty fun. There's a lot of detail crammed into small spaces that lead to all sorts of fun revelations.

>I'm a huge fan of System Shock/Deus Ex/Thief
Yes 100% get it. You can get it for $1 on the xbox pc game pass thing if you want

Pew pew skert skert wack wack

>its not bioshock in space
yes it is. its exactly the same as bioshock 1 from the start to the end, just in space and thats fine because bioshock 1 was good.

it's definitely good and scratches the system shock itch. I just replayed the system shock games back to back and then hopped on prey, it is a great spiritual successor

it kicked your ass, didn't it

this

Here's the main problem with prey:
There is backtracking through the space station and there are barely any interesting battles/encounters with aliens/enemies when you backtrack through the station to complete a task. A couple typhon might randomly spawn some times but you just blast them and move on.
So the gameplay breaks down during this period of the game, and gets worse as you get more and more powerful.

The space station doesn't change either.

Mooncrash fixes this problem. mooncrash is wonder! but play prey first. if you play mooncrash first, prey will be a bit tame.

Turn some one the casual options like spotted indicators and health bars and the game becomes intensely more enjoyable