Is it worth doing a vanilla playthrough or are mods 100% necessary?

Is it worth doing a vanilla playthrough or are mods 100% necessary?

Attached: 6b5685a0e5ff23b73b05ae218c254cc1b6e13e33[1].jpg (616x353, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5lWYuq98RI
youtube.com/watch?v=kwMyXXuysl4
youtube.com/watch?v=PnpoBt_r1NI
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ci3sNT0wcrbjETw4sM7JqlK-zmcjoLqJFSjqhmTjk_0/edit#gid=0
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66368
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uh, just get the "mod" that unlocks your RAM

get the tick mod or whatever its called to reduce the amount of crashes. thats it

It's fine as vanilla you might want to add sprinting though

vanilla always first

Play vanilla first then mod it. If you must, install bug fix mods.

Only the performance related mods like the one that fixes stuttering, the one that reduces crashing, the bordelerless fix and the 4gb patcher if you have the steam version I believe.

You are going to want some 3rd party patches just to fix some of the broken shit and prevent the game from crashing, that is about it.

Other than bug and optimization fixes no other mods are needed.

Attached: benisOK.jpg (232x217, 7K)

>sprinting
That ruins the game as you'll be able to outrun pretty much everything that isn't a cazador or deathclaw.

Performance mods, and if you don't like Oblivion era Bethesda games a few texture packs. There's plenty to choose from.

Holy shit modculture is cancer

Get the fuck out you no talent zoomers. Your vision is shit

I have put probably 1000 hours into the various versions of New Vegas, vanilla, modded, PC, console, etc.

I just got a clean PC copy of it and have been playing a new character 100% vanilla and I'm on hour 75 now, having an absolute blast. Mods are not necessary at all.

Attached: big guy.jpg (584x736, 60K)

is the game supposed to look this bad?

Attached: nv1.jpg (1920x1080, 653K)

there's a stutter fix that you'll definitely want if you play this shit over 100fps
oblivion and fallout 3 suffer from the same issue

Get some QOL and bug fixes but otherwise a vanila playthrough is fun.

yup

welcome to gamebryo

ive played vanilla first when the game released, but every time i try and replay i end up spending 30 hrs installing 100 mods and then end up not playing

It's made out of ~90% Fallout 3 assets, so yeah.

That's how you should play it, just get mods that improve the stability and ignore the ones that change the gameplay.

Install the clarity mod which removes the yellow filter. It's the only mod outside of performance fixes that I really recommend.

i feel like the models actually look worse than F3, somehow. i also think the brighter lighting is a lot less flattering overall than F3's darker lights

Attached: nv2.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Just get the asurah animations, b42 inertia and maybe a sound overhaul for the weapons.

Are there any weird as fuck meme builds that work well?

Attached: 1549570637960.png (720x681, 638K)

Mods are 100% necessary just to get the fucking thing working.

The performance issues in New Vegas render it practically unplayable.

just get the mods/fixes that stabilize it for first time through.

>Asurah "20 patches to make it work" Reanimation
How do you even get it to work with WRP and WMX? even with the instructions, either it fucks up the texture of some guns or fucks up animations of some guns. Thank fuck she knew its buggy as fuck and started remaking it

Just stick with Hitman animations

I would ay at least get mods like the unofficial patch and things that help with crashes/stuttering/etc. And I'd also get high-res textures if you're into that.

In term of actual gameplay, vanilla NV is honestly fine. It already has good weapon/armor variety, gameplay mechanics are already sound, etc. Maybe do JSawyer (it's a mod but it's made by one of the head developers and is his intended vision)

Works on my machine, not a single crash or stutter

>nuVegas

Attached: 1541885102989.jpg (2400x1920, 782K)

sneak and explosives

sadly yes, some mods are a must
new vegas script extender
Yukichigai Unofficial Patch
new vegas anti crash
new vegas stutter remover
one tweak

that's the closest to vanilla i'd go.

I don't use those, they aren't necessary.

There really aren't any mandatory mods for New Vegas except the ones for preventing CTDs and glitches. What mods you install really just comes down to personal preference and how you want to play the game. For instance, on my last playthrough I was doing a build that focused on throwing weapons, which in vanilla are dogshit because they're weak, can't be reused, can't be crafted, and weigh too much. So I got a couple mods to fix these problems and make them viable for my spearchucker build.

Reddit also likes oxygen so you should stop breathing or its reddit!

>not a single stutter
That's impossible because the stutter is not related to your PC performance but ratter the way the game is coded. I don't remember exactly how it works but I think it's something to do with the game running at 64fps and locking the framerate to 60 so you constantly get a stutter at certain intervals or something like that.

cringe

what about project nevada?

JSawyer Ultimate, you shits.

fuck no

i need to go back and finish the game

Dogshit bloat mod.

when

Attached: 92DCCE55-FAF6-403D-864B-BA6AFF1A5790.jpg (1514x1080, 225K)

Any of you guys tried new california? I really wasn't into it.

>not a single crash or stutter
Try going full school shooter on the strip, report back with your framerate.

BASTARD youtube.com/watch?v=J5lWYuq98RI

neck yourselves cucks. Fuck off with your sjw game.

i would say first playthrough with mainly visual mods, try some textures, models, enb, maybe add a few guns but wait until you finish it with adding full overhauls, if any of the mechanics are annoying to you, there's likely a mod fixing it(more caps for vendors, easier repairs, more carry capacity, darker nights, lethal headshots, bullet time instead of vats etc.), feel free to use them

Mojave weathers, Nevada skies and shaders are good

are you me? i got to the point i enjoy fucking around in MO and xedit more than actually playing the game

>meme builds
agi+lck crit stacking w/pistols

my final playthrough focused on crits and I was killing everything in less than 5 shots with the suppressed .22 pistol

I rather play games made by SJWs than a bunch of fucking kekistanis

Attached: 1556778364762.png (1053x1080, 380K)

there is a fix for that which smooths it out
other gamebryo games do it too

If you don't mind exploiting glitches youtube.com/watch?v=kwMyXXuysl4

Yeah I know about that. I'm just saying it's impossible to play New Vegas without stuttering, like the other guy claimed, unless you fix it.

How was it? I remember a while back looking into it back when it was still Project Brazil. I saw some gameplay footage and it got ot a part where an NPC says "WELL YEEHAW NOWS THE TIME YOU HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH MY DAUGHTER. WWOOWEE STICK YER DICK IN HER AND GIVE ME SOME GRANDCHILDREN!"
I cringed to the max and NOPE'd out and never looked back.

worth?
youtube.com/watch?v=PnpoBt_r1NI

Attached: smug ncr.jpg (600x600, 29K)

Sawyer's mod is kino.

There's a lot of questionable dialogue but what really killed it for me was the fact that the mod makers didn't seem to understand that gamebryo shits itself with too many enemies on screen. There's tonnes of combat encounters where they throw enough enemies at you to drop the framerate to single digits.

playing this game for the first time. at the part where i'm at caesar's camp and get to decide what to do with the platiinum chip. what should I do if I want to side with the NCR? I have a mission to go see if I can get help from the Boomers, but I wanted to see what Caesar had to say first. Should I do the Boomer quest before this one at the Fortification Hill? Or should I just open the bunker, and go back?

doing anything with the chip sets the endgame in motion, everything up to that is still undecided

if you wanna help NCR for some unknown fuckin reason you gotta suck their cocks first in the embassy

Shotgun sniper with Dinner bell and slugs. It's better than my actual sniper build.

its not letting me fast travel from fortification hill, so it kinda seems like im stuck here?

Yeah, I hate when modders don't get this. Spawning waves of enemies like it's CoD, or filling areas with fucktons of havoc-physics objects, etc.
Guess I'll pass on that one. Here's hoping that FO4:NV eventually comes out in 20 years.

absolutely

you need to play vanilla so you know which mods you're going to want. not necessarily a full playthrough, i didn't finish the main story until my fourth or fifth character.

yeah and i want those 100 mods but it takes forever to install them and figure out the compatibles
like the full strip mod, weapon mod pack, nv sound overhaul mod, enhanced camera, immersive ui.

Rate and post your characters!

Attached: muhcharacter.png (1352x1196, 203K)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ci3sNT0wcrbjETw4sM7JqlK-zmcjoLqJFSjqhmTjk_0/edit#gid=0

Just get everything from the "Base & Fixes" and "UI" sections, it'll make your playthrough a lot more enjoyable without altering the gameplay.

Template

Attached: 1561048773519.png (1352x1196, 129K)

let's not do this

>graphicsfag but hate WRP
>have to install it, otherwise the vanilla weapons would stick out like a sore thumb amidst all my HD everything and ENB

Attached: 1524431856679.gif (200x188, 1.33M)

>hd texture packs
>enb
The only things you need is and the AI enhanced textures, everything else is garbage, specially ENBs.

i can't play new vegas anymore without at least editing movement speed

Attached: nv.jpg (680x889, 166K)

thanks user

Large address aware doesn’t do shit with vanilla because vanilla never uses much more than 1GB of RAM. It’s only needed when you’re using a bunch of RAM-consuming mods.

OP, do a vanilla playthrough first. Max the settings out. You might want to leave AF off and force it to 16x in the GPU control panel because it only goes to 15x. Don’t use anything else in the drive control panels except maybe enhance the AA, don’t override it because it will disable the in-game transparency AA which looks rather nice even compared with forcing SS transparency AA. The AF will make everything look pretty sharp

Unplayable? This is 100% pure bullshit. You only get performance issues when you have a bunch of mods and also modify settings in the ini file. Don’t use any of the tweak guides that say to do this or you will make your game unstable.

Are there any mods that make your gun point in the direction you are actually looking? Like when you look up or down but your gun is still aiming straight ahead. This has always bothered the fuck out of me.

why does fallout 4 look so soulless

THIS

>AI enhanced textures
AI enhanced textures for NV are dogshit, they are all blurry and have artifacting all over the place, it makes it look worse, not better
I'm not criticising AI enhanced textures really, just the implementation of them, its more about quanitity over quality when it should be about running different textures through specially trained models constantly for a good result, the result the current mods have is questionable at best, they might as well throw the textures in an upscaler and stretch them for the same result.

Attached: Why-Is-My-Dog-Throwing-Up.jpg (832x499, 57K)

Charge's textures look pretty good.

What's the difference between Clarity and RWL?

>they are all blurry
Not really. The main thing the upscaled textures did for me was to fix certain textures that were really blurry in vanilla. They are all sharper and much more detailed than vanilla that's for sure.
>and have artifacting all over the place
Never experienced any artifact with them. Did you try the latest version?

Also, just to make sure, are we talking about this? nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66368

I never tried RWL but afaik clarity only removes the yellow filter while RWL changes a lot of things, specially lighting.

>Gamebryo game
Mods are always 200% necessary

New Vegas graphics mods are a meme. They look ok but people always seem to not mention the fact that even with every patch known to man the game will crash every 20-40 minutes at best. Gameplay mods are worth it though