Why did Japan reject Switch?

Why did Japan reject Switch?

Attached: 2019.jpg (1072x1168, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/05/15/the-nintendo-switch-just-topped-the-ps4s-lifetime-sales-in-japan/
youtu.be/_d80qTrOXY4?t=168
youtu.be/AlH7wIhS0WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's an underpowered tablet and most of its game sales are bing bing wahoo and other Nintendo toddler games.

RE2 is coming to the switch.... r-r-right nintenbros?

Idk they're doing fine
SMM2 just released and its doing good
As to why, Japs know there's not that much interest for these in the Switch demographic: None of these I'd say could gather a million on Switch, so porting isn't worth considering

Never. It's RE Engine which Switch is allergic to.

Attached: re2claire.jpg (1440x1440, 336K)

They wanted to be on the winning side for once

Attached: Sony Always Wins Baby.jpg (1024x767, 81K)

Current-gen AAA games not being ported on Switch is not a sign of anybody "rejecting" Switch. It's just the natural result of Switch having last-gen hardware. It literally isn't powerful enough to run a current gen AAA game.

A lot of these wouldn't work well
Your best bet for switch ports are games that got to PC around 2015-2016
Nevertheless I think Nintendo will probably get more third party originals for the first time in ages. The Switch is great for that.

>forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/05/15/the-nintendo-switch-just-topped-the-ps4s-lifetime-sales-in-japan/
The Switch has already outsold the PS4 in Japan. Also Console War thread.

Attached: Say no to the Sonypony.jpg (1000x750, 361K)

All those sales and still not a single Jap game not branded Nintendo.

The failure is palpable.

don't forget judgement

>Your best bet for switch ports are games that got to PC around 2015-2016
Make that 2010-2011. Anything from current-gen is a headache to port to Switch.

Attached: switch wolfenstein.webm (854x480, 2.6M)

Think of it this way: how many of those games could actually play on a Switch? You could port something from the PS3/360 but those games are so old that everyone’s already played it or nobody has.

Attached: 1541939588096.png (1300x675, 421K)

That's funny, all those numbers are less than 97.

How long you gonna stick to those 2017 games to justify Switch being the ugly stepchild of the industry?

Do nincels play metacritic numbers or what's the deal here?

Well if we follow OP's image, it's really not worth having anything not branded Nintendo: They're simply dominating the scores here! I can't imagine how sad it must be to be a Sonegro...
>b-but port!
And you tell me Sonegros are bested by a port too? OOF! BIG YIKERS! The shitstains steaming from Snoy's games must have gotten to their poor brain...

Attached: MK8DMC.png (407x241, 63K)

Can someone who doesn't have a mental illness translate this post into something coherent?

It really depends on the specifics. I think you could probably get something like metal gear solid V to work pretty well

Sure but that's also because MGSV was made to work on a 2005 Xbox 360.

The only things that do well on the Switch are Nintendo games

Still clinging to those two games? You know they can be emulated on pc, right?

and he can't even read too! As expected of a Sonegro. Sad!

They didn't, Japan officially named BOTW the 2nd best game of the last 30 years

These games are literally multi-plats.
Post the Snoy exclusives scores OP.

Attached: 1544745315487.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

seethe and copepilled

Beautiful. Now they can't use the "Japan market doesn't matter" boogieman, since OP already make it about this.

based, just got to chapter 3.

>still seething

Attached: 1532565650787.jpg (703x1025, 120K)

What about Bloodborne (2015) being your only game, my hypocrite shill?

>Beautiful
How? Switch is selling the most yet it still has less Jap support than the fucking Xbone.

if anything, it highlights how irrelevant Japan sales are for Japanese games.

>kh3
>89
???

Attached: kh3.png (671x367, 65K)

>Japan officially named BOTW the 2nd best game of the last 30 years
ok, but that's a wii u game...

Since you’re new here, let me break it down for you: Metacritic is completely worthless here on Yea Forums unless unless you’re a console warfag. Then it’s the end all, be all determining factor of a game’s quality. Unless of course an exclusive for a console you don’t like gets a high score, then it clearly got the *insert company here* bonus and the real score is whatever it says minus 50

But they didn't, Switch has already outsold PS4 regionally there.

Too bad all consoles sell like shit there since Nips have been brainwashed by kusoge mobile shit

>Nips have been brainwashed by kusoge mobile shit
No wonder why nip games are so cringe and western games are intellectually superior to them in every way.

Metacritic for gayming would be more accurate if it were out of 50 points. At least, it’d be more accurate to how metacriticfags treat scores.

PlayStation is simply too big to ignore.

There's 10 times more 3rd party support in Switch than on WiiU at the same time in its life. That statement is not at all accurate.

By that logic any game with more than one platform doesn't count, invalidating the OP completely

Switch outsold PS4 in Japan yet it's still PS4 getting those prolific Japanese games and not Switch. Explain that to me.

Japs don't give a shit about "prolific" games when their lives and culture mean that consoles are a dying medium. If these AAA Japanese games didn't have the worldwide market to work with, they wouldn't be made. There simply would not be enough money coming in to finance them from Japan alone.

Hardware. It's nothing new. At least Switch has the sales requirement met.

Exactly, P5 is a PC game. Thanks for agreeing bro

It’s been said like 5 times. The Switch’s hardware literally cannot handle it without severely downsizing the game. All the games in the OP would have to look like a PS2 game to run at more than like 7 fps

So you're saying Japanese sales are useless for what platforms Japanese games end up on?

I agree, but it's funny seeing Nintenfags deluding themselves into winning Japan means jack shit in a globalized market.

Attached: mhw10.jpg (802x740, 111K)

>most prolific Japanese games
Mario and Zelda are not on ps4

I'm on 4, it's a fucking blast so far

Don't play funny games with me, nintenfag. You know full well the thread is about Japanese third-party games.

So sales don't matter jack shit when your platform is the equivalent of a 2015 tablet?

Hey! I'm a Snoy fan! *shit streaming down my sweatpants* Where do you get off making light of Playstation fans?? *squishy fart sounds emanating from my anus* I'll have * PFFFFTTTTTTTT* Last of Us 2 *BRAPFFFLLLLIIIITTTTTTTTTTT* GOTY *PPPSSSHHBBBBBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTT*

Attached: 1560266822040.jpg (945x1033, 218K)

Literally who?
>Bonus Round
Literally what?

A prophet

Sekiro barely sold more than XC2 across 3 platforms and XC2 destroyed AC7 in sales. I wouldn't call those prolific games.

/thread
Snoyretards BTFO once again kek

How the fuck is XC2 third-party?

Also, XC2 didn't sell more than Sekiro. Sekiro is already 2m+.

>Soitch has no games
>b-but atleast it sells well in gacha island!

Attached: laughing-girls-at-new-year-celebration_23-2147717199.jpg (625x417, 173K)

>sales=quality
ace combat 7 is leagues better then the weebshit that is XC2

Nintenfatlards can only think in sales since that's all Soitch has.

> B-BUT KINGDOME HEARTS SAVED US! RIGHT BROS?!
Never understood this bullshit. Srsly, its like stolen devionart fanfic.
> We have to beat the heartless so mickey can suck Clouds cock. And dont forget our great combat system, where you only need ONE Buton

Attached: 1561400353807.jpg (394x534, 61K)

Still better gameplay than BoTW.

Can Yea Forums show me one picture of japs playing their switch outside?

Hardmode: not while waiting in line for a switch game
Dante must die mode: play coop with friends like monster hunter

oof, you got me there buddy. it hurts so much, that i dont know how to counter it

>le no games meme

Oh sweet snoyfag.
someday you will earn the power to argue like a normal person. But the day isnt this one

Where was I wrong? KH3 has way better gameplay than HAH HAH WEAPON BROKE gameplay.

When I was there last April, I saw several kids playing Switch while on trains. I didn't take pics though, since that would have been very rude.

that is a unique opinion

No games until kinonetta 3 and kino mansion 3 arrive. Maybe astral chain

Attached: 37463782161187.jpg (1440x1080, 557K)

Really?!
youtu.be/_d80qTrOXY4?t=168
> Let me doing shit by HOLDING ONE BUTTON

> Being black
My condolences

This looks way more fun than BoTW.

youtu.be/AlH7wIhS0WU
not really. But hey, its not your fault user, for not enjoying games with more then 1 button. I know how hard it can get to change your FF15/KH 1 button rotation

Imagine not playing those games on PC .

Attached: 1552787788536.jpg (633x640, 51K)

>BotUlets talking about 1 button combat

LMAO

Attached: disaster of the wild13.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

FUCKING DELETE THIS

How dare you to post this

Attached: 1559572760356.jpg (1280x720, 473K)

Go away Eric.

Attached: 1536644154336.png (637x718, 198K)

>someone makes a thread about third parties in japan supporting the ps4 above the switch
>some retard comes out and posts 1st party games as proof japan hasn't moved on from nintendo
Big brain poster detected.
Nintendo needs a true mobile console and they'll be ok in nipland for another generation. If it turns out to be the rumored switch refresh then they'll be fine.

You fucking asshole..... If you don't delete this I'll fucking sue you ...you got it????

He said barely more, which is correct since XC2 is at 1.8m as of like May

Because this thread is ignorant garbage that doesn’t deserve the (You)s. Games just sell better on Switc,h whether they’re 1st or 3rd party. The only exception is literally just FIFA shit or your “cinematic” games only good for bullshots.

Attached: 0224C719-5D59-4B1B-B0F3-9F0A3BB205B2.jpg (750x1055, 472K)

hey you were right!
snoyfags are already saying japan market doesnt mater!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Attached: 1559882447322.jpg (583x194, 89K)

>a game that sells peanuts sells two peanuts on the switch
Interesting statistic.
Please point to the single 3rd party game that's among the top 10 switch games, by units moved not shipped. Protip: you can't because third party switch games don't fucking matter

What's amazing to me is that he responded to the post that predicted his exact response. The lack of awareness is incredible.

why do snoyfags keep getting BTFO'd by not only nintekikes but by their own team is beyond me
>I-ITS NOT ABOUT SALES!

Big cope

>Japan rejected switch
>Japan also doesn't matter
Explain this to me?
>Maybe astral chain
What are you? Are fucking nigger? Of course you get astral chain you dumbfuck.

>2019
>owning one console
ISHYGDDT

Attached: Luigi.png (200x200, 58K)

Bros... h-how could this happen?!? Not like this....

>2019
>owning any console
thats a yikes from me dawg

Why does your picture have nothing to do with either Japan nor the Switch?

Nincels have intentional dyslexia to justify Soitch being ignored by 3rd parties.

>2019
>owning anything
Lmaoing @ ur life

>reject Switch
Tick tock.

Attached: 1560336838884.jpg (1280x618, 441K)

Wow Nintenfags still haven't played DQXI? Didn't it release like three years ago?

Is it Nintendo's fault their games sell incredibly well? Mario Rabbids did great, MHGU did good. Sure did just as well as some of the games in OP's pic.

Shut the fuck up

Are you retarded?

>I can't actually defend Zelda:Ubisoft Edition so I'll just post the fanny Zelda pic fucking owned.

Attached: 1559507603882.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

Seething, cope, have sex

Watch thing thing dominate the top sellers lists like nothing else.

Because all those games ever in development before Switch existed.

Switch has fucking obliterated PS4 in Japan.

C O P E

Ok answer the question

All of those are multiplatform.

>Imperfect emulation
>Meanwhile you can just buy any of the other games directly from Steam
Just become an idort already. It's so much more enjoyable getting grumpy about people having fun

That's not DQXI, it's DQXIS: Definitive Edition :)

>Switch has fucking obliterated PS4 in Japan.
In games or sales? I play games and games in OP are Exclusively Not on Switch.

Even Xbone has more Jap support. X BONE!

You forgot Elden ring and tales of arise. Remember how nincels kept saying Japanese developers we're gonna abandon PlayStation? lmao

>Definitive Edition
>720p 30 fps
Don't think so toddler

>proceeds to post reviews scores given by mutts
I know the average Sony fan is retarded but damn son

I SAID THREAD CLOSED

Attached: 1530640172465.jpg (552x540, 37K)

Please stop using Ace Combat to instigate your shitty console wars.

Attached: 1549829708629.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Yes, thank you for beta testing the game

>PS4 in its 6th year has more 3rd party support than Switch in its supposed prime
Hilarious IMO. Especially when nincels declared PS4 dead after some kusoge got censored.

Attached: 438600-AAF.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Nintendo never gets anything but scraps years after the games are relevant, they come to Sony to make the real games

Damn, Nintendoniggers are in shambles ITT

Sony and Sonychads always win

Attached: 1549576066361.jpg (2648x3772, 722K)