Find out the one game I want to be on sale will never be on sale

>find out the one game I want to be on sale will never be on sale
is it actually worth it or does the developer just like the smell of his own farts?

Attached: rimworld-7-1-920x518.jpg (920x518, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehardtimes.net/harddrive/gamer-proud-to-support-indie-developers-by-sometimes-buying-their-games-when-they-go-on-sale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump
more like rimjobworld

dev is a cunt who shat out a 1.0 update and ran with the money, either play dorf fort or pirate it and install a shit ton of mods

why else is he a cunt

because like the op said, he will never have a sale for his game, he also wrote a book that he advertises in-game on how to design games, when RW is an RNG riddled nightmare that needs mods to be any good in the first place
all that on top of shitting out a 1.0 and running off

its good

It's okayish, but the price is steep.
Mods really saves the game.

Both, though he's been saying the no sale, increase price on release thing for years so at least that is consistent.
Worth it for the mods and steam workshop makes dealing with those easier.

It takes five seconds to pirate it like you are supposed to. Also the game requires 50+ mods to be worth playing. It is an unfinished bare bones mess that is not worth 35 bucks.

Attached: 1b1.jpg_large.jpg (680x958, 49K)

Never has sale
Put price up for 1.0 release

As much as i want to play the game, i wont be giving guy money Maybe Pirate one day

Did same thing with minecraft years ago when Notch rushed out a shit patch and called it Beta before Christmas, knowing many people would buy it that time year.

>single tile wide halls.
>bed in the battery room, smelter room
>wood floors
>exposed wiring
>Vents and AC units exposed to the perimeter for easy raid entry points
>Built deep into mountain/hill

You dont realize it since its a first look/trailer, but his base is an aesthetically stunted base gotta say. All cluttered and disorganized.
Almost looks like they used plasteel to make some pillars in the crop rooms too.

>Anus: destroyed
Game isn't worth it. Developer shit the bed when he rebranded it from colony simulator to story generator. Becomes a 7/10 with mods and a 8/10 lovecraftian horror town builder if you want that.

No
fucking
z-levels

Do not pay a cent for this shit dwarf fort ripoff

I paid for it because I must've spent over 1K hours on the pirated version and I was getting tired of installing mods manually through downloads at the forums.
For the convenience of Steam workshop I've dumped another K of hours on the bought version.
Just pirate the most recent version, play it for a bit, get some mods from the forums if it's your thing and then decide whether you want to fork out the cash.

Boring game

> make book on game design
> proceed to rng the fuck out of your game
> proceed to not care about adding in features since "mods add them to game anyway"
> justifies lack of features as a feature "You don't need character customizations, it's not that type of game. RimWorld is a story experience"

>z-levels
what does this mean

It means you are a fucking retard.

user

lol

In rimworld you can only build on the x-y plane, no z. In other words, you can not build/mine up or down.

x and y are lateral and longitudinal
z is depth

You can't ascend or descend in rimworld

I would have paid $60 for Rimwold and been happy with it. I have over 1k hours in.

>space colonies
>can't build underground like how most colonies would probably have to be made
it's why I can't into Suriving Mars, wtf

it's pretty boring but i hear mods are a must. any recommendations? i haven't played it in a year

>game developer does not devalue his product
>does the developer just like the smell of his own farts?
You guys are fucking retards. Just pirate it if you don't care about supporting the dev.

pretty much everything on the top 20 downloaded, but the essentials are stuff like prepare carefully and combat extended

I wanna get into dorf, but I don't have the time or patience

Tinan does enjoy the smell of his own farts though, that's why he shills his book on the main menu of Rimworld.

it's easy as hell, just read what's on the UI and read the quick start guide on the wiki

pirate it, see if you like it
if you happen to like it, buy it on steam for all of the workshop mods that add content that the dev was too lazy to implement.

>advertising your work = enjoying the smell of own farts
based retard

>>game developer does not devalue his product
it would bring more value if more players bought the game
plugging your own shit in a paid product is masturbatory

>it would bring more value if more players bought the game
ah yes, work 5 years on a game and sell it for 50 cents, that way you'll make more money!!!
based retard

>50 cents
do you have to use hyperbole to make your argument?
literally no one is asking for it to be 50 cents. maybe you'd think clearer with the dev's dick out of your mouth.

>do you have to use hyperbole to make your argument?
Not really, but your argument was so baseless that maybe something used to explain stuff to kids would help
>maybe you'd think clearer with the dev's dick out of your mouth.
Ah, an ad-hominem, you have no arguments at all. based fucking retard

Dev is a lazy piece of shit. Only mods make the game worth playing.

>your argument was so baseless

>make product slightly cheaper for limited time
>it sells more
how is that baseless?

Because you're not basing it off any facts, just what you assume would be correct.

Some devs think game prices are actually too low if you're trying to optimize maximum sales vs profits. The Witness launched as a 40 dollar title and made more money than if it launched as a 10 dollar title, because 4 times as many people dont buy your game just because its cheap like you like to think.

>The Witness launched as a 40 dollar title and made more money than if it launched as a 10 dollar title,
why are you being so disingenuous? not once did I mention launch prices.

Rimworld has been out for like, 6 months dude. Why should it get a huge sale?

Attached: dog.png (168x221, 75K)

found OP
thehardtimes.net/harddrive/gamer-proud-to-support-indie-developers-by-sometimes-buying-their-games-when-they-go-on-sale/

Attached: 1545149496372.png (1200x1800, 2.69M)

How big is your mod list, double or triple digit?

i pirated it years ago and pulled the trigger not long after

This game is less than 500mb just pirate that shit

>Rimworld has been out for like, 6 months
Try more like almost 3 years, them coming out of Early Access with a shitty 1.0 update and changing the release date on Steam means literally nothing

Attached: RimWorld on Steam.png (1295x761, 741K)

>Try more like almost 3 years, them coming out of Early Access with a shitty 1.0 update and changing the release date on Steam means literally nothing

Kind of does, why would you discount your game thats not even out yet?

It has been out for the entirety of the beta though, and there's tons of games that get discounted and are on Early Access. Just accept that the guys behind Rimworld are jews.

pirate

Its just an inferior version of Dwarf Fortress

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 35K)

>out
kind of an arbitrary designation with these types of games

Man I miss posting this image.

Attached: 1514850828846.jpg (1998x1290, 1.09M)

You're going to buy my book and the soundtrack, right, Yea Forums?

Attached: PortA.jpg (1200x929, 199K)

If you've got the time to get into Rimworld, you've got the time to get into dworf fort

Hey, I was in the thread with the beta wojak colonist. Good times.

I might as well post it, what with it being required reading for playing Rimworld and all.

Attached: Wojack 01.png (1467x3402, 768K)

It was in beta though.

I agree, so how do you release your game without retards getting angry and saying its not a release? For all intents and purposes these types of sandbox games could be infinite in scope, there is always more shit to add, you need to make a cutoff release point eventually. From there you can trickle in some content updates + bug fixes while working on a new title.

Just pirate it if you don't want to pay full price

Attached: Wojack 02.jpg (1476x3407, 604K)

Attached: Wojack 03.jpg (1473x3581, 768K)

Such nice, better times.

Attached: Wojack 04.png (2404x1024, 663K)

I don't know anything about the dev so I'm not familiar with the butthurt but I like it op. At least pirate it. It's okay vanilla but there are many mods as well.

Attached: d9a3d1d56d93e09009dfa2848ec21c00.jpg (1440x1426, 246K)

I purchased it within the first week of it coming out as a friend stated it as a dwarf fortress lite and that with the price and reassurance at the time it was already good.
I'm happy I own it, but don't know how I'd feel paying the current price.

If you buy it, you'll enjoy it and you'll no doubt get your money's worth.