What are the best platformers/metroidvanias/side-scrolling games of the past few years?

What are the best platformers/metroidvanias/side-scrolling games of the past few years?
Should I buy Iconoclasts?

Attached: 462451364126.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tvzwzpDk0sk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. It's ok, but not pay money ok. Was a nice treat as a psplus rental.

Touhou Luna Nights is great but kinda short

Attached: 0346d880914e061346c6a13622c0f71f2f973ddf.gif (616x360, 3M)

I was really surprised how great Momodora was

The best (and most underrated) of the recent adventure sidescrollers is monsterboy cursed kingdom. Dont let the price put you off, it's basically a AAA quality game with a shitload of content

Gato Roboto is pretty good. It's funner than I thought it would be. You also play as a cat so that's a bonus.

Attached: 1560544762494.jpg (1000x988, 150K)

Iconoclasts is godlike, it's got like 20+ bosses and none of them are below a 7/10 which is seriously impressive. Just beware that it's more linear than metroidvania, like Metroid Fusion or Cave Story.

Attached: official art.jpg (739x793, 89K)

Try the demo. It's a bit old but will tell you if you'll like it or not.

Attached: 1551675440577.png (1280x720, 93K)

>9+ hours of game play
>great story
>great characters
>smooth gameplay
>great hidden bosses
>amazing pixel art
>game +

yea you should buy it

>Should I buy Iconoclasts?
It's really bad.
>What are the best platformers/metroidvanias/side-scrolling games of the past few years?
Do you actually like videogames? If yes play Rabi Ribi on hard.

I feel like I was the only one who didn't love iconoclasts. Started off alright but by the time I got to one concern west I was sick of it and dropped it entirely.

There isn't a single one that I would recommend without reservation. They all have different strengths, weaknesses and flaws.

Hollow Knight was pretty good.

Bet you felt really enlightened while writing that.

Bloodstained literally just came out user. Go play it.

Can I play on hard right away and not have to unlock it

Try Sun wukong vs Robot. it's 89 cents on Steam

Yeah, it should be the hardest difficulty unlocked by default.

I was super fucking disappointed with Iconoclasts. It has a couple neat bosses but the game is so up its own ass. Also the motivation for completing challenge rooms is incredibly lame, just granting you some supplies for crafting when you probably won't even bother with most of the trinkets you can craft.

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's not amazing sadly, but at the same time lot of people had high expectations for it and maybe it was too high. Me included.

I heard Iconoclats was meh. Environmental Station Alpha, Hollow Knight and Guacamelee are all good

Momodora.

Timespinners outside of it's ugly niggers and tumblr portraits, the games artstyle looks like chrono trigger and plays like one of the DS castlevanias. It was a really solid play through.

youtube.com/watch?v=tvzwzpDk0sk