June 2019... I am forgotten

>June 2019... I am forgotten

Attached: 4L_GQ4LFufR.jpg (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Was it that bad?

CTR makes it look like it was NTR’d.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe makes both look like street trash

Honestly, this. MK8 is already 60fps. I don't know why they couldn't do the same with CTR.

wasn't even as good as sonic racing transformed

The game is fun, there just isnt much to talk about. No bonus challenges, no dlc, a few characters and tracks, not really much to discuss.
Fun game with little content, a shame.

Attached: Squidward.jpg (361x330, 20K)

new characters when?

>rubber banding piece of shit zero gameplay toddler racer

I own both CTR and MK8 (both the original and Deluxe) and there are reasons to like both.
Now I just want MK9 tho

My token Sonicfag friend bought the game and it was incredibly meh. With that mindset, I watched some other people play CTR on launch day and it's a fucking day and night difference in quality

mario kart would be good if it wasn't made for babies

It was made for everyone tho. The “it was made for babies” argument doesn’t really apply to MK

it was made for babies the game is designed so that the ones behind move faster than the ones in front

The slide boost mechanics of MK8 are totally uninvolved and require no effort. The catchup focussed gameplay makes it non-competitive unless you're a die-hard time trial tranny. MK Wii was more hardcore.

CTR NF has some issues (half pipes don't have the right physics), but it's pretty fun and competitive. Weapons can be successfully defended against if you're in first place, no bullshit blue shell or unfair weapons. Most powerful thing is the portal but you can shield it and it usually fucks up everyone ahead of like 7th rather than ONLY 1st.

30fps can be competitive?

why couldn't it? 30fps sucks but game itself is better

This. It would be worth playing if there was people playing it online, but I won't even try to boot the game one month after it released.

It lacked polish, definitely felt like it was rushed out the door after it didn't generate any interest when it was announced. Doubt it'll ever get any patches or DLC.

SASRT is still the best mascot racer

>it didn't generate any interest when it was announced
Maybe it should've put more SEGA characters like Ulala or Samba de Amigo

The only issue I have with CTR is that the items are largely useless offensively. Missiles will eat shit unless your opponent is directly in your line of sight and doesn’t go around a corner. Masks can help a lot with allowing you to go offroad quickly but are obviously very rare in higher positions and warp orbs are nonexistent unless you’re near last. I’m glad the game isn’t an item frenzy but it’s a little annoying that there’s pretty much nothing you can do to catch up after the first 20 seconds of scramble if you and the guy in first are at a similar skill level

They wanted the sonic heroes audience though, they had to position it as a spinoff for the team racing mechanic rather than a direct follow up to the sega all star games

seething ahahaha

>They wanted the sonic heroes audience though
Why? That game and the people who like it are fucking garbage.

Sonic Team operates in strange and mysterious ways.

Sega don't know what they're doing and try anything

Month later the online is still broken and unplayable, so literally nobody is playing it online.

Game is just an experiment for team mechanics. A sega all stars racing will feature both team mechanics and transformed gimmicks.

Drop shit in his shortcut driving line and hope that he hits it next lap. Every inch closer makes all the difference. If you're out of missile range constantly you're not similar skill level.

Fair enough, you’re right

Literally never according to the devs

I see Sega continue making good decisions...

based

At least it has splitscreen online.

Now if only the online wasn't a disaster on release people could've used it more.

how was CTR's online not also a disaster on release?

It's a Sonic game, isn't it? Being bad is prerequisite for Sonic games these days.

CTR was playable and I didn't have to be constantly get kicked out during the team building because some jackasss decided to drop out near the end of the timer.

Why would sonic need a car?

>First game was amazing
>2nd game was worse on every level but had planes so people praised it
>3rd game is even worse but removed the only reason people liked the 2nd
Who could have guessed

Deluxe made me realize we haven't had an actual new kart racer in over 5 years.

>deluxe is a port
>ctr is a remake
>tsr is a gameplay mod of previous games with few new tracks

The previous Sonic Racing game was Yea Forums FOTM back when it was released

There's been a few non-mascot ones that nobody cares about

>rushed out the door

user, it was delayed, for 8 and a half months. This was the new sumo team -TRYING- to make a good game.

SRB2Kart? I don't remember it gaining that much traction.

SEGA Transformed Kart or something. That one was kinda huge and only became bigger when it went to Steam

MK8D will never be better than anything. It's the worst of the 3 and you're never rewarded for being a good player. Keep your kidshit to yourself.