What are your thoughts on "gamer culture"? What do you hate about Gamer culture?

What are your thoughts on "gamer culture"? What do you hate about Gamer culture?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/24/timradford
youtube.com/watch?v=x1udjd2Aq3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sometimes funny, Always degenerate.

Basically every shitty aspect of gaming as a whole can be traced to Americans. Only the Japanese have respect for gaming. Americans have whored gaming out by introducing awful industry practices, flooding the market with shovelware, turning games into movies, and nurturing this cringeworthy "gamer culture".

I'd like to see her asshole

I am such a geek. :^)

Not much I actually hate about it. It's more the fact that it's been coopted by all kinds of assholes because of how much money is floating around.

10 to 20 years ago
>fucking nerd
>kill yourself
>why don't you go play football

Exact same people now:
>i am such a nerd tee hee
>wow i love zelda!

Indifferent. I've been "gaming" for 30 years and I've never needed a culture to go with it.

I got diagnosed with "gaming addiction" in 2006. I am OG.

>Exact same people now:
wtf.
people dont stop aging at some point, retard. those are new people who grew up with their own brand of programming.

it was always a marketing ploy and anything genuine about it is long dead

I no longer identify as a gamer

Gamers ruined Gamer culture.

well now you can get welfare for it

Those are the same kind of scum, fuck them, and fuck gaming.

Attached: 1413752081090.jpg (946x472, 78K)

secondary scum fuckers.

this, I play video games for something to do, like watching TV or reading a book. That doesn't make me a 'booker' or 'TVer'. It's a fact that any product or media with 'gamer' or 'gaming' in the title is pure cringe and probably trash too

this

Gamer culture is fine except when it's self-aware.

I don’t like how bratty yet like how submissive people who call themselves gamers are, they complain about a gorillion issues that must be fixed with the hobby and yet when the time for action comes they’re all mysteriously MIA, you can only count on the geeks and gamers to do something at the last possible minute for a 50/50 chance of results

this

I play games since 1987 and have never been a part of "gamer culture"

It was never alright, gaming was always degenerate, and it is still degenerate now.

I hate outrage culture which is what gamer culture is. If there's done thing you don't like in a game you were never gonna play. Kindly shut up

The worst part is maybe 10 percent are legitimate beefs they have and the other 90% are just parroting something they learned about on Kotaku or something.

>girl

>sleeve tattoo

idiot

gamers are probably the most retarded, sensitive, and toxic group on the planet. I've never seen people so willing to mindlessly consume whatever shit AAA companies pop out every year, still preorder even after being burned multiple times, and defend big publishers like they're friends. They'll talk about how gamers are being oppressed while simultaneously using every slur in existence.

Attached: 1417648361784.png (640x592, 312K)

That they're not actually good at playing video games and just exist as some form of live marketing advertising platform instead.

How do you know it's a "girl"?

Everything past the late 00s mods just feels like shilling/exploiting.

"Nerd" and "gamer" culture are marketing techniques. The original culture behind this stuff is long dead.

Why can't they just STFU about themselves and their inane thoughts on the world and just play some damn videogames?

of that's a boy it suddenly became hot

Attached: 1556008605112.gif (640x652, 342K)

>human
>any tattoo
degenerate

The people themselves are not dead, they are over 30 years old boomers that don't play games anymore or play them after work in IT company.

She doesn't deserve NBK tbqh

>20 years ago gaming was a nerd culture
>now is just geek culture full of chad, 40's moms, whores who want to make money off betas, shills who are shilling, coprporations who want to make money off broken
gaming become such a garbage industry, pic related was always true.

Attached: 1433105374278.png (1908x626, 270K)

Gamer culture has really taken a toll. People who play overwatch and Pokemon go now claim to love video games when that's literally all they play. And these companies do so much business that the casuals are getting catered to more and more often. I mean just look at how much people whine about difficulty in games like fucking Cuphead. Its weird to see this hobby change and become a way to make all these fucking political statements. Either way I'm just going to keep enjoying the games I enjoy. There's plenty to play out there still.

Pretty much this

it's so depressing how true this image is, i've seen it firsthand over and over since fucking elementary school

Mobile gaming ruined everything.

this

Gamer culture is the reason games are shit. They all try too hard to be the same in their respective generas, and because of the amount of people eating this trivial shit THEY MAKE MORE OF IT, and it becomes so serialized and sterilized of any diversity that when the community eats itself on that platform THEY FUCKING JUMP TO ANOTHER UP AND COMING GAME AND REPEAT THE SAME CYCLE. It never fucking ends and nobody cares that they're making the same garbage over and over. HELL SOMETIMES THE COMMUNITY THINKS IT'S SO FUCKING ENDEARING THAT THEY FUCK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE LAUNCH. ARE THE DEVS CHASTISED FOR THIS? NEVER. DO THE PEOPLE CARE THAT THEY EAT SHIT? NO! BECAUSE THEY WANT A FUCKING PLATFORM TO CIRCLEJERK AROUND IN SO THEY CAN THROW THEIR OWOs AND FUCKING BOIPUSSY OUT THE WINDOW AT A CHANCE OF FINALLY GETTING LAID TO AN STD RIDDEN FAGGOT. FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO IDENTIFY AS A GAMER, FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO ENDORSE STREAMERS, FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO THINK E-CELEBS MEAN SHIT, FUCK THE COMMUNITY FOR MAKING NEWER DEVS AFRAID OF MAKING DIFFERENT GAMES FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ENTERTAINMENT, AND FUCK YOU OP FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK THIS INDUSTRY FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU

Attached: 1544684349585.jpg (640x640, 74K)

Wouldn't the solution be for the original two to just quietly continue the hobby on their own again and not inviting the other people along?
You don't have to keep playing with the undesirables.

Gaming did not start as a niche hobby for enthusiasts. It was mainstream right from the get go. Arcades were for "normies", not "nerds". Home video consoles were marketed as "normie" family entertainment right from the start, not "nerds only, normies get out" toys like you think. Arguably the home computer platform was a "nerd" gaming machine because the barrier for entry was relatively high but consoles have NEVER been exclusively for the nerd enthusiasts.

tldr; Gaming is not a nerd thing. It's started as a normie thing and then nerds tried to claim it as their own.

GANG WEED

I don't actually even know what that means, but it's funny.

Who is that, I'm gonna jerk off to her

Most of that stuff was years before the person you are responding to was born, don't even bother responding to those types.

I hate Twitch thots and their brainless fanboys.

Yea Forums's autism

why are you people here?

Attached: what.png (550x375, 120K)

You're fucking retarded. It was a niche hobby, why the fuck do you think it was so hard to find other people. First it got marketed to kids when public computers became a thing, then they started making shit off their floppies. It didn't fucking become a normie thing till tournaments showed up and broadcast this shit to everyone when over 10k was involved and the title for champion.

You would have been a weird kid if you didn't play Nintendo, Sega or Atari.

Fucking A, man. Also what

What is with this completely weird attempt to rewrite history lately? This is like the 6th post i've seen exclaim this same position. Is it just entryist nerds trying to co opt this shit, "no no i'm not an outsider it was always like this" or is it just a bunch of millennials who have grown up post playstation where gaming has been more mainstream / accepted.

Streaming, girl gamers, e-sports, speedrunning, multiplayer fad genres like mobas and battle Royale...sheer cancer.

Nintendo was still a card company when i was a kid.

Would Bethesda come back to Morrowind mechanics and cut half the player-base of Skyrim ?

The rewriting of history is the retards claiming dumb shit like "only nerds used to play video games" and "people teased you if you played video games back in the day". This stuff is utter bullshit. I'm an old fuck that lived through the 80s and 90s as a kid and NOBODY gave you shit for playing games and finding people who had fun playing them was not even remotely difficult. You weren't ostracized for playing video games. You were ostracized because you were a fucking loser.

Arcades in the golden age were seen as acceptable for adults. Later arcade games not really.
Early game consoles were also marked as family entertainment until the NES era.
After that it was seen as something for kids or spergy adults, especially games on the computer.
Playstation's marketing ploy was 'gaming isn't just for kids, look at our edgy commercials' and it worked.

It depends on what your perspective on "gaming" is. He isn't wrong. Late 80s and throughout the 90s. Developers and such were certainly nerds but the core consumer of video games were your average (aka "normie") kid/teenager. There's a reason why arcades were popular and profitable until home consoles killed the market.

japan floods the market with plenty of shovelware. see any rpg that gets localized by xseed

Not the same people. 20 years later you have a different generation liking different things.
basically a subculture fully realized that isn't being demonized as often as in the past.
I hate that gamers are more often than not corporate sheep who spend too much money on the wrong things. It's why we have micro-transactions and shitty merchandise everywhere.
But it's not as bad as we think. We just ignore all the good changes and focus on the bad ones
if you hate women, that's your problem buddy.

Attached: 1551171522644.png (540x540, 29K)

Weebs like you should be burned alive.
What is gacha?
What is needless padding?
What is low budget shit being churned out every year?
What are terrible DLC practices?
What are constant re-releases?
What is remaking the same game 20 times over with different levels?
All of those are done worse by Japan than any other country.

Blame movies for that shit. When ever they portrayed an outcast they always looked for the obvious outlier.

>20 years later you have a different generation liking different things
This, the people who said that shit back in the day are boomers who still don't like video games.

My cousin was a popular, overachieving Chad and when he had time to play Nintendo, he was the best I ever saw irl. He also positioned his fingers on the controller like he was typing on a keyboard.

Nerd culture has been taken over by jocks.

You mean attention whores invaded another culture.

Games were apparently always massively mainstream and just instantly appeared as a massive global market. It went from not existing to a 37 billion dollar market in an instant. Thank you user i never realised

Is it movies? I don't really remember movies or TV vilifying video games all that much. They generally portrayed them as normal teenage activity. I think it's social outcasts themselves who invented this idea. They were looking for a reason as to why they weren't popular and decided to blame it on their playing of video games.

What are some cute and funny discord communities?

You bring good points user

Jesus were you literally born in the year 2000 lmao

Why do you think everyone knows what Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, etc., etc. is? 30 years before you were born video games were huge with "normies".

Give an example where video games were singled out as a bad thing and not just treated as the normal thing young people do. I genuinely can't think of one.

Social outcasts tale as old as time itself, same with them becoming an underdog. The only reason they pick it so much is because it's so fucking vague anyone can self insert themselves into the role, and the ones who fit the role were acne ridden, voice cracking, awkward, terrible socializer, and/or put under the position of some sort of stress. Again nothing to different from your average kid, but to kids this made them look in a bad light so they avoided these being in a scenario like this, and the ones who hid it badly were usually called nerds.

If anything it was a movie about nerds and the jocks were the big dumb neanderthals who made fun of the nerd heroes.

It would be a hundred times better without the internet

How about this
theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/24/timradford

Here is some more btw
youtube.com/watch?v=x1udjd2Aq3E

Hollywood is a mistake. Prove me wrong.

Attached: Afraid of Skelingtons.jpg (994x671, 107K)

That's a newspaper, not a movie. The line was >Blame movies for that shit.
What movies? When?

Does the entirety of Christianity count?

Attached: 56156115561.jpg (800x450, 159K)

Literally every movie/series in the history of television. How fucking young are you?

>Literally every movie/series in the history of television.
In other words, you can't even think of an example yourself.

Imagine exaggerating to someone this hard

>What do you hate about Gamer culture?
Yea Forums.

>hate women
male or female I hate opportunists and the people that fall for them

then why are you here

Attached: CjcQBE6.jpg (362x346, 38K)

this was actually at the HEIGHT of videogame popularity. Mortal Kombat and the like made videogames way more popular with normies.

"gamer culture" is a marketing ploy to allow normies to feel like they belong

People who keep trying to define gaming culture. Everybody's different and they need to stop putting everything in fucking categories.

Attached: 1559450125771.jpg (468x269, 64K)

>HEIGHT
Doubt

Attached: Video-Games-Sales-Over-Time.png (968x650, 168K)

Just like everything they get involved with, women ruined it.

Ah yes, 2006. The beginning of the end.

GDQ. But even that doesn't bring me any joy.

lmao if you dont hate women desu

2006 fucking sucked

>want to see a walkthrough of a game
>go to youtube
>most videos contain of a 20 second dubstep intro, a 10 second "YOOO WHATS UP ITS YA BOY... DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON", and mid-way through the video a 30 second " THIS VIDEO HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY" interruption
>this shit happens on every part of the walkthrough
gamer culture is nothing but ads and earning shekels nowadays

Yeah I'm trying to think of anything good that came out that year. I think maybe Il2 1946 and TDU
Well the one that got involved with your dad sure ruined you.

sauce

Yes it was pure fantasy that such games like DnD, Yugioh and Mortal Kombat were called Satanic and people tried to outlaw them in the US.

It's purely fantasy that Media has and continues to portray nerd culture as weird and filled with fat, sweaty nerds and the only ones cool are quirky protags or the nerdy sidekick who does all the hard work but none of the reward.

that is was gentrified by normies and uncle tom house nerds

they're just like the zionists

Isn't that the chick from bully hunters, zombies(something). I can't tell all these nerd girls look identical.

Not only the year my personal life went to hell after April but there were tons of let down games for me. The next year I jumped into DS gaming. Kingdom Hearts 2 was the only good game I can remember.

gamers

Intros are something that will probably never go away, but I just wish that fags would accept that the max your intro should be is 5-10 seconds.
>he doesn't use adblock
That's on you

As an American - I agree. And I'm sorry.

also amerimutts pushed the whole "video games are an artform" which it reflects today in the fact we need ethics departments to make games more fit with modern "sensibilities", which also is being pushed by mutts

LEDs in everything and windows in almost every computer case. Also streaming lingo

Nah, bro - Naughty Dog has a diverse, racial cast of devs and the lead designer or whatever is a Canadian.

He's a jew, sorry, just checked.

>What is gacha?
mobile is shit everywhere, and lootboxes arent far ahead and valve and ea are the biggest offenders
>What is needless padding?
what’s more needless padding than hollywood style cinematic cutscenes?
>What is low budget shit being churned out every year?
Like all the american indies that come out every year? Did you take a look at steam?
>What are terrible DLC practices?
Tell that to Bethesda, they literally invented and normalized those
>What are constant re-releases?
You tell me, goty edition, complete edition, etc are all common pratices in the land of the mutt
>What is remaking the same game 20 times over with different levels?
A new game in the same series?
>All of those are done worse by Japan than any other country.
Lies

>he doesn't identify as a gamer

Attached: prefernot.jpg (1112x603, 131K)

You are not a true gamer

I don't know about games but this is precisely what happened with Yea Forums.

>go to a music show with my hipster ass rooomate
>somehow get sucked into a conversation
>"yeah dude I love Pokemon!"
>oh what's your favorite?
>"Scyther, Arcanine haha :)"
>lie and say Sandslash is my favorite
>talk about other games
>consistently have to hide my powerlevel so I don't look like a turbo autist
I at least got to talk to a girl about Animal Crossing, it was nice. Overall normies probably aren't that bad but fuck it's hard to pretend to be basic.

Attached: 1561478322374.jpg (1024x768, 642K)

I'm a gamer (preferred pronouns are bing/bing/wahoo)

Kek

>mobile is shit everywhere, and lootboxes arent far ahead and valve and ea are the biggest offenders
Japanese gacha is far worse than 90% of Western video games, arguing otherwise is being purposefully disingenuous. The only thing that could compare is FIFA. There's nothing wrong with Valve's approach, it's ALL cosmetic and everything can be bought outright if you want to do so rather than spending $5,000+ and not getting what you want.
>what’s more needless padding than hollywood style cinematic cutscenes?
Story progression isn't padding, making you fight the same set of random encounters because they inflated the stats of the next boss to make you grind is padding.
>Like all the american indies that come out every year? Did you take a look at steam?
Steam's indies would be comparable to Japanese indies made by one man teams, I'm talking about shit churned out by AA studios like time and time again with weebs lining up to buy it and then the same people shitting on games like CoD or whatever which have far more differences per game.
>What are terrible DLC practices?
Bethesda wasn't nearly as bad until FO76, Japan locks DLC behind physical collectibles that they make in low amounts too. See: Nintendo.
>You tell me, goty edition, complete edition, etc are all common pratices in the land of the mutt
Not even remotely the same as rereleasing a game with EXCLUSIVE content or features that can't be obtained otherwise, Dragon Quest is a recent example and Final Fantasy 12 remake re-release.
>A new game in the same series?
A quick reuse of assets to churn out full priced games.

Can you define "gamer culture"? Im not familiar where the boundaries are and what are the essential defining traits of it.

Attached: 1376546320738.jpg (408x286, 17K)

>Overall normies probably aren't that bad but fuck it's hard to pretend to be basic.
"Normies" are fucking terrible. There is nothing good about a person who meanders through life never bothering to acquire more than a superficial understanding of absolutely anything, completely unable to fully commit themselves to anything because they lack any sort of passion. The only thing that comes to mind when I hear somebody talking about the "OG 150" is how I can escape having to talk about my hobbies with somebody who doesn't know the first fucking thing about it. It's like joining a book club filled with people who don't actually read; you're just there to let everyone else know you have, in fact, read a book in your life, but any attempts to actually discuss literature will be met with begrudging acquiescence at best and mockery at worst.

>They generally portrayed them as normal teenage activity. I think it's social outcasts themselves who invented this idea. They were looking for a reason as to why they weren't popular and decided to blame it on their playing of video games.
Weird, it's almost like being a social outcast and taking part in a hobby with enough zeal to forgo normal socialization tends to coincide.with one-another. The only difference between now and back then was that being a social outcast meant, at the very least, that when you were talking to someone about the Elder Scrolls, they knew what a "Morrowind" was.

It's an extension of "nerd culture" in general. Watch Big Bang Theory if you need a refresher.

By the time something appears in mainstream media, it's not culture any more, it's just mainstream culture

it's gay, superficial, and enables bad business practices by large companies that ruin the industry. my only interaction with the culture is to call people on here nigger a few times a month

Well i know what a nerd/geek culture is and i almost typed about it, then i realised OP said Gamer Culture so there must be some defining separation.

For instance gamer culture could mean the lowest common denominator consumerism that defines todays 'geek/nerd' culture, but it can also be the opposite like focus on competitiveness and banter. So far it seems too wide of a gap to have clarity. It can range from toxicit traits to blind consumerism.

Is this post being ironic?
Pretty much all of that comes from America

I want a gamer gf so bad Yea Forums

Attached: sonic.jpg (1000x917, 195K)

>my only interaction with the culture is to call people on here nigger a few times a month
Fucking based

Attached: 36CC0721-DC4F-46D5-873D-AD7EA421A6E1.jpg (1536x2048, 189K)

A disease. Like any trend established by media force.

>Doesn't type in "no commentary"
That's you're own fault.

thread should have been over right here

Watch any fucking movie or tv show in the 80 and 90 and tell me that "videogames are mainstream" and how people that played those are reflected or labeled. Still, I guess you are too young and cucked and is kinda normal for your kind to rewrite history.

>Doesn't type in "no commentary"
That's your own fault

Give me one example. Just one.

The wizard

I wish I was a hot girl, that shit would be so cash.

she would be really cute if she didn't have tons of shitty tattoos

me too user

Attached: ggp.png (326x302, 161K)

why?

i literally just click to watch from around 10-20 sec mark of the video because i know that garbage is there

this

Only brits and the japanese should be allowed to make videogames

I hate how everything needs a community and a "culture" now.
I never talk about games outside of Yea Forums or to my close friends as I dont want to be part of any community or gaming culture. Im not ashamed of playing video games, but the fear of meeting someone who wants to add me to steam or some other platform to play games with them and their "community" is enough for me to just not talk about it.

I just want to live my life and play video games

Gamer culture and fandoms in general are trash. Getting into a hobby with close friends or even just acquaintances is way more fun. To me this is linked to social media and the fact that pretty much any random idiot can get a million followers and say stupid shit about video games that studios and companies will listen to but that no actual costumer will agree with. But then again, social media ruined a lot of things and obsessed people also ruin things like books, comics, movies, tv shows, sports, etc.

Also, what the fuck is wrong with her eyeliner? It's making her look like she's cross-eyed.

Us gamers, eh?

Attached: 1477015205320.jpg (960x960, 110K)

You're not a true gamer unless you own one of these bad boys.

Attached: 1477015205324.jpg (540x720, 71K)

Where do you put the chock sticks for the chips?
What a pointless item.

Basically every shitty aspect of gaming as a whole can be traced to Japan. No one has respect for gaming. Japanese have whored gaming out by introducing awful industry practices (Gacha, swimwear DLC, waifu/idol skin DLC, remakes of 2 year old games, DLC out the ass), flooding the market with shovelware (literally every anime-artstyle JRPG), turning games into movies (visual novels, Asura's Wrath), and nurturing this cringeworthy "gamer culture"

Slavs as well

Real gamers wear their dorito dusted controllers like a badge of honour.

>Japanese devs in charge of innovation and variety
Yeah, nah. It's taken this long for a serious, respectful and realistic historical Japan game, and a fucking Western developer is doing it.

Got a special Diablo 3 Mouse from a clearance bin in Walmart because the box was damaged. Mouse itself works fine and the extra buttons are kinda nice. Otherwise it's nothing special. Wouldn't have paid full price for it.

I don't really care. Normies and gamer gurls are never going to play games i like, so i am safe from all this bullshit.
Don't believe me? Show me one of them playing Gothic or SMT.

my thinking also

I'm a normie and I love Gothic

>hey it's ya boi
>wassup don't forget to LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE
>Yoooooo lilzoom1998 thank you for the 10 dollar dono my dude cheers brotha much love
>Yooooooooooo can I get some love in the chat for my boy lilzoom there -oh wait DoomerPepe just donated fifty dollars thanks for the sub my brother hype to ya my man
>Guys you make it happen it's all for you g- ohhhhh shit Mememan just donated 20 dollars...

haha yeah... gamer "culture"...

Thats not gaming culture, thats streaming/youtube culture.

Wow what a cringe lord lol

Denial.

ethots and camwhores pretending to be gamur girls so they can milk betas

Attached: overwatch betas.png (1024x1796, 1.46M)

Isn't that 2006 spike better explained by the launch of the Wii than any of the things listed?

Gamer culture was great until commies decided to ruin it to shove their political agendas

Attached: the_circle_of_diversity.jpg (720x703, 61K)

Do you even know what a commie is you uncultured twat? Go outside and read a book.

Nope. Also, add in WoW factor.

Attached: facism-is-cured-by-reading-and-racism-is-cured-by-travelling-hitler-reads-and-travels.jpg (735x660, 97K)

What game is this?

This, normalfags took over what's popular, you just have to go a bit deeper to find out the spergs who are actually passionate about their nerd shit, that's all.

At least wargames are still safe and sound.

I want to marry Miss Rage

I don't care much about it and ignore it most of the time.
But I really dislike a couple things that pop up from times to times that annoy me to no end:
>when devs create/tune games around esports, streaming instead of just making games
>when people outwardly claim that they're GAMERS but don't know shit about games and just wear that badge as a fashion statement, its fake as fuck and I hate it

shit
posers streaming esports

tons of normies played gothic over here

Thank you for your proof, anonymous guy.

source: my ass, but i can tell you're american. gothic is pretty well known on this side of the pond. doesn't make your point less valid though, don't worry.

you're welcome

why does it say level cleared at the top of the bowl

Based and individualpilled.

That’s frighteningly accurate.

streamers, trannies (why are there so many of them in the speedrun community and discords?), "gamer fuel", and E sports need to go.

The hell you say about Rune Factory, you pile of dogshit?

Even a retard could notice that my grammar isn't native, dumbass.

History is written by the winners, SJWs are winning and what better victory than to say needs have always been the bad guys and that games have always been theirs?

Its historic revision at its finest