Horrible graphics

>horrible graphics
>depressing city
>forgettable events
>the worst driving in any game ever

How was this the most expensive game produced at the time?

Attached: gta-4-57bc43f75f9b58cdfd1c0773.jpg (768x512, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7EBCGarafoY
youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the driving was brilliant and you are a faggot

t. zoomer

>Make shit up
>"Why is the shit I made up so bad?"

this
fuck off

Driving was good, but it won't save such garbage game, it's equally as bad as V

I bet you think V's driving is great, right?
And you've resorted to calling people who like IV "zoomers" because you've been called a zoomer multiple times for defending the shit-fest that is V, right?

>it's equally as great as V
ftfy
try to enjoy things user, we only have one life to live

is that what you do? use the insults people call you? the hot word of the month hurt you so you figure it would hurt the randos you type to?
top kek

>How was this the most expensive game produced at the time?
I can't blame you for not knowing how revolutionary IV was, considering you weren't even born at the time of release.
seriously though, the only reason V is still played by thousands is due to the fact that it is designed to coax children into paying for shark cards. And even speaking only in terms of single-player, the writing is targeted for under-age kids who think swearing is cool. The whole game is a giant step-down and basically a huge "fuck you" to the older GTAs. Shit GTA, shit game in general.

literally nowhere did I say ANYTHING about V
do you seriously believe that anyone who dislikes this boring snorefest is a V fanboy, is this how you cope?
how did you deal with criticism before V came out then? what was your argument back then?

Are you legitimately retarded or just new?
"Zoomer" isn't anything new you fuckin fool, and your butthurt is showing

>V bad therefore IV suddenly good
that's not how logic works my friend

It was 2008 GTA IV was the most living breathing open world released at that time

What proof do you have that IV was criticized badly before V released?
Many people on here loved and praised it on here, but of course it got flak just like any other game released ever. There is always shitters.
Your mistake is thinking that Yea Forums is one person, your tunnel vision is fucking you user

30 hours of GTA 4 and you're ready for your drivers license.

IV was always good though? You're only justifying your own opinion by making the standard that "NO-ONE EVER LIKED IV, EVER".
Get your head out of your fat-ass

>wah he insulted me, wow he is so hurt for insulting me
grow a pair faggot

b-but Yea Forums hated it!!!

marketing

Yea Forums hated the game, anyone who actually used this site back then can attest to that
I'm sorry I didn't make screencaps to show proof to anons 10 years later

this isn't even the point of the argument
the point is that hating IV doesn't automatically make me a V fanboy
it's a boring fucking city, I hated liberty city since vice city came out and BTFO the soulless husk that is GTA 3
the main character is unlikeable, all your friends are annoying
the gameplay is shit, the driving is 'muh realism', everything is just corridor shooting, I could go into small details like how taking a fucking cab without stealing the car is basically a gamble
the way you escape from cops is retarded
the world is empty and there's barely anything else to do, besides hanging out with your retard friends

Ah yes, another fine thread by the contrarian zoomers of Yea Forums that like to pretend that people liked IV on release and that its brown and bloom design and cars that all handle like boats were actually merits and not complete horseshit. it's especially ironic that they never judge it on its own terms, and always draw comparisons to V because of the extremely small handful of features of IV they removed in it, somehow making IV a modern classic.

>Yea Forums hated the game, anyone who actually used this site back then can attest to that
Yea Forums is not one person retard, there were plenty who liked the game. Me included
Also everything you are shitting on IV for, V does 10000x worse
>it's a boring fucking city
LS is boring as FUCK
>the main character is unlikeable, all your friends are annoying
V has the shittiest characters out of all GTA games, 3d era had "whacky" characters too only they weren't total fucking shit like V
>the gameplay is shit, the driving is 'muh realism'
V is the same gameplay only with arcade driving and way worse gunplay, the shooting in V is like you are using air-soft guns. Total shit.
Not to mention horrible character physics.
>the way you escape from cops is retarded
Leaving the area of the crime like in IV is retarded, but hiding in an alley-way around the block for 30 seconds is somehow better? V has the shittiest wanted system out of the whole series. Fucking shit cop ai
>the world is empty and there's barely anything else to do, besides hanging out with your retard friends
Your bias can suck my ween, V is just as empty after the main story as IV, or any other GTA for that matter.
V fucking sucks wang

STOP FUCKING COMPARING IT TO V YOU RETARDED COCKMONGLING MONGOLOID
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I DON'T LIKE V DO YOU FUCKING GET IT YET??? IS IT GETTING THROUGH YOUR BRAIN????
OK HOLD UP YOU MIGHT NEED A CHAIR FOR THIS ONE
GET THIS...
ARE YOU SITTING?
I DISLIKE BOTH IV AND V
ARE YOU GETTING THIS? CAN YOU CONNECT THE DOTS YET??? CAN YOUR BABOON BRAIN ACTUALLY REGISTER WHAT YOU'RE READING ON SCREEN RIGHT NOW??
SO STOP BRINGING UP V ALRIGHT?

Attached: 1390680776269.jpg (320x242, 18K)

wow...

Are you having an episode?
Take a fucking pill user and learn how to read while you are at it.

Attached: 1508717347335.png (501x408, 265K)

Wow way to false-flag for us V fans. Threw us under the bus with that one huh.

>horrible graphics
the jump from san andreas to IV was massive. almost as big as gta2 -> gta3

>>horrible graphics
On shitty consoles.
>>depressing city
Turn up the saturation. Voila not depressing anymore.
>>forgettable events
You fucking wot? Three Leaf Clover is a better heist than any mission in GTA V. Killing Playboy, Francis, Pegorino, Mikhail, and of course Dimitri. All memorable. Nevermind the signature chapter events like when Roman's apartment and cab depot get blown up and you have to leave the area. Each time you move into a new part of the city it feels amazing and freeing. Like you're getting a new dose of that sense of wonder and exploration you had when you first stepped off the boat and got into Roman's cab.
>>the worst driving in any game ever
Fuck off zoomer.

Niko was the worst GTA protag

WRONG, title of 'worst protag' goes to Franklin, and then Trevor.

I don't remember any of that shit you mentioned. This game is the most boring GTA

get a trip

>I hate Trevor!

Attached: 1551787697938.png (210x240, 6K)

>game was released
>everyone loved it in the first week because nobody had seen anything like it before with so much detail
>quickly realised that it was boring
>lack of checkpoints in a casual 2008 game
>shitty phone menu system
>shitty friends and dating system with annoying phone calls
>city was so small
>driving went from fast and fun to driving big slow boats with 3 feet of suspension travel and ridiculous understeer
>ran at 25fps on consoles
>shit PC port came out months later and ran horrendously on release
It's only retroactively loved now because GTA V is new and new=bad and old=good.

Fucking how? He is the most relatable GTA character in the whole series. Also as stated in this thread Trevor, Micheal and Franklin are far worse

>He is the most relatable GTA character in the whole series.
t. third world slav

>new=bad and old=good.
This but unironically.

I always find it bizarre how people have seemingly forgotten how disappointing GTA IV was 10 years ago.

Of course the reviews were great and the initial opinions were very positive but it didn't take long for the shine to wear off.

I'm guessing you would have to be at least in your late 20's or early 30's to appreciate this - and I'm assuming most of Yea Forums are too young to have experienced and remembered it - hence the revisionist history.

Great protag
Ragdoll physics
Building interiors
IV's liberty city is more fun than V's Los Santos

>cant turn perfectly around corners at top speed
>complain that the driving is bad

Actually I'm Italian

>muh realism!!!!
>fuck fun gameplay! muh realism!!!!

I still need to hear you defend IV without going
>b-but V does [thing] worse!

>can't turn around a 90 degree corner at 20mph
fixed that for you pal

someone post the webm of the taxi understeering into a pole on the other side of the street trying to do it

The bigger question is why GTASA is still the best open world sandbox after all this time

I bet you think Mass Effect 1 and GTA 3 were the best games of their series

IV was getting 10/10 scores across the board upon release, it is not a 10/10 game.

Probably it's most major issue was changing the tone to a serious drama and having everything from the characters to the gun selection reflect that.

This could be jarring to fans who enjoyed running around with a flamethrower in vice city flying around in a jetpack in san andreas. In this sense the game is less of a make-your-own-fun sandbox and more of a narrative driven story in a "living breathing city" where there is actually way less content and stuff to do, stuff to buy and interiors to explore.

However, if you take IV for what it is and get on board with the kind of game it's trying to be it quite a good game, with improved physics and gunplay. The driving is often a matter of taste and getting used to it.

Actually perhaps IV biggest crime was adding online multiplayer to GTA.

But GTA V is.

What a surprise that the wojak posting fag likes Trevor
You mean "grip"? Classic V fag/phone-poster

Why isn't V doing things worse than IV a valid argument for IV being better than V?

it was the best looking game in its time. you are automatically a zoomer if you dont remember how fucking revolutionary and next gen it was.

IT'S NOT ABOUT IV BEING BETTER THAN V
ITS ABOUT IV BEING A BAD GAME, REGARDLESS IF V IS A BAD GAME TOO
JESUS CHRIST, AM I BEING BAITED? OR DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT GET THAT?

IV is a good game though.
Whining in all caps isn't gonna change that my under-aged friend.

you're the underage here
just admit IV is your childhood game already
and again, if IV was a good game, you would be able to list it's good points without comparing them to another game

Faggot

this guy is right.

V's driving was great.

>IV's your childhood game!
I played all other GTAs countless times before IV released though? And I view VC and SA as on par if not better than IV?
Why do you automatically assume that people who like IV only like it because of "nostalgia"?
That's just a pussy way of refuting a legitimate opinion.
>and again, if IV was a good game, you would be able to list it's good points without comparing them to another game
It has the best physics system out of any video-game I've ever played, along with one of the most "alive" feeling open worlds to date.
Best gunplay/driving out of the whole series.

only a zoomer who played iv after v would say iv's driving is brilliant for the sake of contrarianism
everyone hated it back in the days, it's not even realistic, it's just poorly done

Maybe if you're a 12 year old. V's driving is VC/SA driving only dumbed down even more, literally designed for retards.

honestly, the series peaked with vice city, it's all been downhill ever since
>inb4 SA fags with 'filler content and huge empty maps good!'

the problem with V's driving is that cars have F1 grip at lower speeds and top speed is capped
however driving through los santos with iv's handling would make the game unplayable since V has much more traffic

Fpbp

>GTA V's driving is like VC and SA's driving!
>nobody ever complained about VC and SA's driving
are you retarded?

I like the gritty nature of the city, I think that's a bonus point if anything.

It's a flawed game, but there's no comfier feeling than just driving around the city at night while it's raining, listening to the radio.

vice city is an expansion of III praised only by 80's nostalgia fags

>only a zoomer who played iv after v would say iv's driving is brilliant for the sake of contrarianism
>"CONTRARIAN REEE"
I played both on release date dumbass, just like the 3d era GTA games. You are using fallacies to justify your own thinking that no-one likes IV, when that's just not the case.
>everyone hated it back in the days
>"like everyone totally hated it!"
Fuck off, I know you aren't capable of thinking as an individual but others are. Public opinion doesn't mean fucking shit unless you are a sheep fucker, which you obviously are. Think for yourself for once, faggot.

F1 grip is what makes it fun.

Why does it have to be "realistic"?

Like this user said, the driving in IV isn't even realistic at all. In fact, I'd probably argue that the driving physics in V are more """"realistic""" than IV's.

>filler content and huge empty maps
That's V

>best gunplay
just no
for as much as I love the ragdoll, it's clunky as fuck and on consoles auto-aim is mandatory

The real question is: Why hasn't this been topped?

Attached: ps2_grand_theft_auto_san_andreas-110214.jpg (640x908, 127K)

>Conveniently leaving out "only dumbed down even more"
No-balls retard can't even quote the whole post, nice.
III, VC, and SA were kind of arcadey while still retaining some realism, V is just full blown arcade shit.

Same as other GTA games, that's why it's best played with mouse and keyboard. What you just said is an even bigger problem in the other games.

>It has the best physics system out of any video-game I've ever played
oh boy, I sure love it when slightly grazing a car standing nearly still makes nico fall down like a marionette losing it's strings
>most "alive" feeling open worlds to date
it's boring and empty, what the fuck are you on about
>Best gunplay/driving
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA you are actually mentally ill if you believe that

>III, VC and SA realistic
you're a fucking moron

V has none of the character of SA.

yeah my opinion is that driving in iv is shit because it's a very poor attempt at realistic driving, given that actually realistic driving has no place in a game about dodging traffic and shooting while driving
the motorbikes really show how shitty iv driving is

again, filler content and huge empty parts of the map
and don't even try to pretend you enjoyed doing shit like the driving schools

old=soul
new=souless

no, in V you can free aim just fine with a controller

This. You had articles saying it was like real life. People weren't overly critical of it because it was fresh and new, another leap for Rockstar in their series.

>>the worst driving in any game ever
how to spot the zoomer: the post

>oh boy, I sure love it when slightly grazing a car standing nearly still makes nico fall down like a marionette losing it's strings
Same thing happened in earlier GTAs only the character just flattened out, and in V the same as IV only a much stiffer animation, shit physics.
>it's boring and empty
Load up the game and walk through the Triangle (time's square) then load up any other GTA and try to find a more alive area.
>HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA you are actually mentally ill if you believe that
As expected, a retarded response from a retard. If you like paintball guns and arcade driving then yeah I guess V is better.

the empty parts give a sense of distance between cities, the filler content was nice
not everything has to be calibrated to adhd american kids

It's not supposed to be a 1:1 recreation of real-life driving. It works well for the game unlike V where it feels like you are playing an open world hot-wheels game.

Attached: GTA IV drive-by.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

it's more than that. It's how sections of the story are tied to sections of the map so you can fully explore and get to know one section then the game feels larger when you move onto new sections. So many areas also in V are just there, not really used in any way at all.

This.

You can in IV just fine too?

Kek, have a (You).

Fuck off zoomer, by far more realistic than V's arcade trash

Attached: GTA SA driving.webm (480x360, 1.11M)

he's bringing up V again!
he really can't help himself

Attached: 1339474567561.jpg (816x1356, 238K)

He's making a non-argument again!
he really can't help himself

Attached: 151572086411.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

Aside from the abortion driving physics everything else was fine. The orange gloomy city aesthetic suited the theme of the game well. In the ballad of gay Tony the changed it up a bit as well and it looks less gloomy.

Was that webm supposed to be realistic?

It makes sense to compare V and IV too considering IV/V surpasses the 3D era mechanically and V is a sequel to IV. There’s nothing wrong in comparing the two.

More realistic than V at least

How so?

>There’s nothing wrong in comparing the two.
Not according to the guy flipping shit every time V is brought up

not him but you're a fucking nigger

what arguments?
you claim GTA IV has the best physics than any video game, which is a bold-faced lie
or that it has NPC's walking around which suddenly makes it 'alive'!
you claim the driving is great when everyone, even fans of the game, agree they're god awful
and the gunplay is unsatisfying as fuck
these aren't arguments, you're just lying
or maybe it's just stockholm syndrome kicking in

best setting, best gameplay, best atmosphere, best soundtrack in a gta game.

Car's aren't glued to the ground, you can't rotate them mid-air, no auto-flip, bike physics 10000x better then the mario-kart shit in V, etc...

>IV/V surpasses the 3D era mechanically
making the gameplay worse it not surpassing it my underage friend

The car literally turned a corner at a million miles an hour. How is that not glued to the ground?

>and the gunplay is unsatisfying as fuck
It isn’t, hearing the gunfire rattle from all side is awesome as fuck. Especially during the Four Leaf Clover heist. Only game that is does it better is Scarface:TWIY.

Nah, I’d take IV’s gunplay over 3/VC’s lock-on aiming any other day. SA’s has aged too and the guns look and sound like shit. Still love the games but I can’t lie when I say they’ve seen better days.

>when everyone, even fans of the game, agree they're god awful
>maybe it's just stockholm syndrome kicking in
Once again, you are not making any counter-arguments WHATSOEVER, you are just spamming over and over that "EVERYONE DISAGREES!"
Oh and this is the best part-
>these aren't arguments, you're just lying
It's called thinking for yourself, I have an opinion based on hundreds of hours of experience. The fact that you claim that I'm "lying" is just a convenient way of getting out of refuting anything I've actually said.
Enjoy your summer you under-aged little prick.

yes, I didn't like it at release at all, I tought it was very boring, I think I didn't even finish it. But I replayed it a few months ago and really loved it, it's true what they say, it just has soul, the atmosphere is great, pc is great, it triggers a nostalgia in me for a time/place/condition I never even was in. I'd recommend you give it a shot again. It's a lot better than the worst GTA, 5, imo.

>The car literally turned a corner at a million miles an hour
Is this bait? Or did you just happen to watch a gif of the driving in V rather than the one I posted of SA?

>game grosses 6 billion dollars
>you're a contrarion if you like it
This is how stupidit your are.

this was my first ps3 game and i would legit spend an entire afternoon failing car chase missions because the driving was so fucking horrendously unwieldly

>posts opinion
>"these aren't arguments, you're just lying"

Attached: 1551602640420.jpg (1024x903, 64K)

What the fuck are you talking about?

A car entering a corner at that speed would either understeer and continue going relatively straight or understeer and spin out in that exact same direction.

The car got around the corner easily. There was no suspension travel or body roll like there is in GTA V. How is that not being glued to the ground?

that second understeer is meant to be oversteer

Ah yes, another fine retard who thinks that people have to adhere to the popular opinion because as we all know, it's not possible to think for yourself. You have to adhere to a group-think or else it doesn't count.

>best gameplay, best atmosphere,
Not even true, especially the latter when you share the same era as fucking GTA 3.

>body roll like there is in GTA V
There is zero body roll in GTA V though, the cars have no suspension like previous GTAs.

>In this sense the game is less of a make-your-own-fun sandbox and more of a narrative driven story in a "living breathing city"
this has been the case since gta3. just like gta3 was a game with an actual overarching story and cinematic cutscenes compared to gta2 with bunch of funny fucked up missions that play out more as an extension to the free roam rampage. 4 was just an another step towards story focus and it didnt bother people in gta 3/vc/sa so why should it bother them now?

This. Driving in 4 was really fun. It's basically all that's good about any GTA game

the absolute fucking irony
how about you enjoy your summer underage faggot

Attached: 1338990185169.jpg (1280x853, 294K)

What a mediocre response, I expected better.

what? do I need to insult you even more for your absolute abhorrent taste?
you really do have stockholm syndrome huh?
the fact of the matter is, I already won the argument, your brain just needs to catch up yet

the driving was kind of shitty but I miss the physics, just tighten up the handling a bit and it would've been perfect

>GTAIV driving
>brilliant

Attached: kek.jpg (238x217, 17K)

>Yea Forums hates game
>e-celeb releases video praising game
>Yea Forums loves game

Attached: pPdNZ3c.jpg (818x503, 163K)

>IV bad! San Andreas good!
>V bad! IV good!
VI bad! V good!
See a pattern newfags?

Attached: 1548698537357.jpg (225x252, 7K)

>do I need to insult you even more for your absolute abhorrent taste?
Why should you when like totally "everyone" disagrees and that I should like totally adhere to the popular opinion?
Also I don't think you understand what "stockholm syndrome" means, not surprising considering your young age.
>the fact of the matter is, I already won the argument
typical under-age response

Attached: 1558595763112.gif (424x382, 1.44M)

>Yea Forums likes game
>demographics change over the course of years
>Yea Forums hates game

what the fuck are you even talking about
nobody mentioned an e-celeb of any kind

Yea Forums is one person

Attached: 25778856990.gif (290x342, 1.29M)

>CAAAAZIN LETS GO BOWLING

>hating on GTA IV
is there no limits whatsoever for you people?

Bro it's cool because Yea Forums always hated IV so you have to

>the fact of the matter is, I already won the argument, your brain just needs to catch up yet
ZOOM ZOOM

Yea Forums's opinion on GTAIV suddenly changed when a certain e-celeb released a video comparing it to GTAV and claiming OLD GAME GOOD NEW GAME BAD. There weren't nearly as many people sucking GTAIV's cock before that. You're probably too new to remember this.

GTA IV is shit, I already explained why IV is shit
but you're just sitting here
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but GTA V!!!!!!!
shitting your spongebob diaper
what do you want me to do at this point? call social services to come pick you up?

Not that guy but I've loved IV since it released, and there were plenty of people on this very board that did too. You making up excuses like the "boogeyman Crowbcat" doesn't change the fact that people actually like IV.

GTAIV was okay, but it was one of the worst GTA games. I think people mistake these claims for hatred of GTAIV. Not many people actually hate it.

are you going to post this e-celeb yet or what?

fpbp

Oh wow, so you did know what I was talking about? Shocking. Your post doesn't change the fact that there was a very sudden shift in people's opinions on IV when that video was released. It was spammed in every thread until people ate that shit up.

It was great I loved the autumn atmosphere

There is. It's not much but it's existent.

it might be the most overrated game of all time

everyone on Yea Forums hates crowbcat after he shilled that VR game, shut up

go to reddit if you're going to be such a faggot

Attached: getout.png (479x521, 207K)

It was actually summer, the color pallet simply sucked

this doesn't even make sense

that would be new vegas

And yet they're still sucking GTAIV's cock because of his video. How do you explain that, zoomie boy?

>GTA4 is 11 years old

jesus christ i'm old

IV wasn't a bad game at all. V completely blew it out of the water which is why it gets shit on so much anymore. When IV first game out it was getting 9.5-10/10s across the board. It came out 11 years ago and got overshadowed by its much more successful younger brother which is still recieving new content whereas IV was dead before TBOGT was released.

>call social services to come pick you up?
Go for it, although it's no use. Fisher Price kids' phones don't actually work user, they're just toys.

>GTASA has this driving
>HOLY FUCK BEST GAME EVAR
>GTAV has this driving
>HURR DURR SO UNREALISTIC AND BAD

because kids who played that game back then have grown up and are now posting here
how about that you schizo fuck

it was late summer at best, trees were all yellow and everyone was wearing jeans and jackets

youtube.com/watch?v=7EBCGarafoY

Your post doesn't change the fact that many people like me genuinely enjoy IV and it's not some "group-think" conspiracy like you are making it out to be.

Best post :)

>because of his video
people were acknowledging 4's brilliance on release. even if the game had its shortcomings it doesnt mean its SHIT 0/10. you fucking zealot nigger.

>people unironically believe this

lol

it looked fucking atrocious and the framerate was dogshit on everything

Because people actually like the game?
Retard

>anecdotal evidence

Sure man, you as a single person enjoying the game totally means that my claims are false. I sure just got BTFO by your evidence based on a sample size of 1.

The game took place in October you fuck

yeah good fucking joke zoomer
did you hear that from your favorite e-celeb?

>you as a single person enjoying the game totally means that my claims are false
Yeah I'm definitely the only guy who likes IV. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

I never said it was SHIT either, you fucking strawmanning mongoloid retard fuck. kys

>I played it on PC only
Zoomers. I can't believe the Xbox kiddies I used to encounter are older than most of Yea Forums

>the worst driving in any game evert
t. literal fucking mario kart toddler

Nah the boogeyman living under your bed told me that one when I was visiting.

>Yeah I'm definitely the only guy who likes IV

Jesus Christ you're retarded, that's not what I claimed at all. What a dense fuck you are

>ARCADE BAD
>REALISM GOOD
>FUN BAD

GTASA and V both have arcadey driving and GTAIV has """"""""""realistic"""""""""" driving. People who like the driving in SA and IV but dislike the driving in V suffer from severe cognitive dissonance and are absolutely braindead morons.

>loved GTA IV since it was launched
>get accused of being a contrarian who only claims to like GTA IV in order to scold GTA V

>you as a single person enjoying the game totally means that my claims are false
uh yeah that's pretty much what you claimed, you said my points are invalid because I'm only a "single person enjoying the game". Learn English fuck-head.

Look at OP. every fucking day we have these IV bashing threads for no good reason. are you surprised if people start getting defensive?

This but unironically.

jesus christ all the shitflinging in this thread
when there's only one objective truth:
VC>SA>VCS>CW>LCS>3>IV>V>those shitty old top-down GTA's

I've liked GTAIV since it was released too but there's no doubt in my mind that GTAV is the better game. These threads usually come down to GTAV vs GTAIV and if you like GTAIV and hate GTAV then maybe you are a contrarian.

youtube.com/watch?v=M80K51DosFo

if you don't remember the hype you are a zoomer

Except that the fun comes from the realism. It's a sandbox for interaction. Every single drive, every single crash, every single shootout will be different. Meanwhile GTA V retards need to have car packs and weapon packs and HotwheeIs tracks in the sky shoved down their throats because their game is FUCKING DULL AND LIFELESS otherwise.

I feel sorry for the people like yourself who honestly can't tell the difference between SA's and V's driving. I could only imagine what it's like to be such a fool. Very embarrassing.

>for no good reason

Attached: 1351019007357.png (204x278, 108K)

This. It's more of a living, breathing world than a lot of open world games released today as well. It's the best depiction of NYC in video games.

You are a legitimate retard if you think V and SA driving are the same

Rockstar fanboys out in full force in this thread

So far, the anecdotal evidence is you saying that you hated the game.

EINS. ZWEI. DREI.
SHIKI SHIKI SCHWEINE.

>tfw their music license expired and they had to rip the majority of the good music from this game
The opening sequence is hot fucking garbage now.

No, that's what YOU claimed you incredibly fucking dense retard fuck. You think that anecdotal evidence from ONE PERSON changes shit when I'm talking about a fucking SEA of retards who started praising GTAIV and shitposting about GTAV RIGHT AFTER CROWBCAT'S VIDEO. How is this not getting through your thick fucking skull, you mongoloid? Not everything is about you. Just because YOU enjoyed the game before the video doesn't mean that a thousand other braindead fucks didn't have their opinions flipped by it. Are you understanding any of this you absolute fucking moron?

I feel sorry for people like yourself who think the driving in GTAIV is good
I don't, the driving in GTAV is much better.

Don't even pretend like you enjoy golf and tennis in GTA5. And yes, half the map is empty

Learn to read

>if I make myself look like a gay pedophile, I'll win the argument!
yikes, no wonder you like IV

Everything is actually about me when I'm specifically talking about MY opinion though faggot. Call it anecdotal if you want, I couldn't give 2 shits. I like IV, and you're getting upset over that claiming that "REEE E-CELEB, REEE CONTRARIAN".
Even if that video did "flip thousands of opinions" that doesn't invalidate them. The video shows good bits of evidence why IV is a better game than V, why is it not allowed to be taken into account when speaking of the quality of the 2 games?

truth

you can argue that the characters and writing in V are bad, but who would actually pretend that the gameplay in IV is better
they probably never even played V

>HURR DURR I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE

I'm not that guy but I liked both golf and tennis in GTAV. Better than bowling, that's for sure. Also, the map was hardly empty. Each and every part of it was hand-crafted and had tons of detail. Are you one of those retards who thinks a map is "empty" simply because there isn't an icon on the minimap every 10 feet?

>pretend

Well I disagree, IV is more challenging and feels better overall, V is too arcadey even in comparison to the 3d games.

Attached: GTA IV.webm (640x360, 1.82M)

>Everything is actually about me when I'm specifically talking about MY opinion though faggot

That's the thing you fucking retard. Your opinion isn't being discussed here. I love how you're openly admitting that you just have to make everything about you. What a fucking faggot. What we were talking about was crowbcat's video changing people's opinions on GTAIV and V overnight. How is this suddenly about your fucking opinions you retard? I'm done reading your drivel, don't even bother replying.

Zoomers out reeeeeee

again, there's nothing wrong with arcade gameplay
plays some shitty generic racing game if you want realism

actually the boogeyman under your bed is some big tit braud who laughs at your tiny weiner at night, I just came to pork her real quick

tqbh GTAV driving really feels like driving a real car, in 4 it bounces all over the place like a ball

If that guy is a pedophile according to you, then you are admitting to being underage....

why do zoomers hate this game so much and make threads hating on it? I genuinely think it might be because their first GTA was V so they went back to play IV and were disappointed it wasn't as casual.

I don't understand the point of GTAIV's driving. They made the cars feel like boats to add artificial challenge. It's still unrealistic, just in a completely different direction to the arcadey handling in the PS2 are games and GTAV. If they were gonna put all this work into it, then why not strive for actual realism and not the extremely exaggerated physics of IV?

>Your opinion isn't being discussed here.
Yeah it is, that's all I've been discussing since I replied to you in the first place. Why would I be discussing anything other than my personal opinion in a thread like this?
What kind of a fucking queer are you where giving your personal opinion on a video game offends you to this extent? Grow a fucking pair of cojones pal

damn, great deduction skills, detective
I'm saying that's the way HE wants to portray himself

retarded comeback, even by your standards

Zoomies scram, hot-wheels are in aisle 4

>Yeah it is

No it's not. Stopped reading right there.

any HD universe GTA is zoomer you underage fuck

learn to know what "anecdotal" means

>damn, great deduction skills, detective
I'm saying that's the way HE wants to portray himself
Yeah no, sounds like you just admitted to being underage

I remember it being blurry as fuck and bad frame rates

learn to greentext before you post here kiddo
how's summer btw?

>Stopped reading right there.
I'm surprised you are even able to read in the first place

Only a literal zoomie who has never been in control of a motor vehicle thinks that GTAIV's driving is realistic.

Why are you so mad that you can't get into SA or IV? Stop making threads about them already you underage retard.

4's driving isn't even realistic you retard

It's going great.
How is stealing other's comebacks working out for you?

My game slows down whenever I enter underground tunnel. How do I fix this?

Great comeback, I bet that always pisses off your classmates in 6th grade. Again, just to reiterate, we weren't discussing your opinion at all and you are an absolute fucking faggot for even trying to make the discussion about you and your opinions. Your parents didn't pay enough attention to you growing up?

When did anyone use the word 'realistic' in defense of IV?

I LITERALLY CANNOT stop myself from replying to anti GTA4 bait threads this is really a problem Yea Forums what do i do? All i can do is sage.
GtaIV>>>>>>>>>>>>>gtaV

The fact that you are getting this upset over someone's personal opinion is very telling. Did someone forget their meds again?

stop calling other people underage when you're underage yourself
and SA isn't a HD universe GTA
jesus how fucking dumb are you? I'm wasting my sunday morning arguing with literal toddlers

>fixing GTAIV

lol

>zoomer
>liking gtaIV
R u dumb m8?

>V fags are now so pissed off that they have to resort to false-flagging
nice

literally read the thread

thanks, I learned it from the best afterall

>hurr durr go play hot wheels
>I wasn't playing the realism card tho!!!

Fuck off retard

yes retard, playing gen 7 games as a kid makes you a zoomer

>I learned it from the best afterall
Implying I stole a comeback? The only thing I ever stole is your mother's virginity.
Which leads me to the big shocker, I am your father user.

>depressing city
just like real NYC then

There's a big in-between from hot-wheels and realistic though, don't be so insecure.

>cars drive like 5 on boats

im still not sure if thsi is a meme or people actually think the driving in gta4 was good

BULLSHARK TESTOSTERONE, AMIGO

good job following up
>Implying I stole a comeback
with an 'I fucked your mom'-joke

you also stole any comeback I could've made because you already BTFO'd yourself

Who spends their time making these shitty threads?

You literally can't get into SA and IV so you make these shitty threads daily. Fuck off back to your zoomer-core shit.

The fact that you can't get my point through your thick fucking retarded skull is very telling. YOUR OPINION IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT, BEING DISCUSSED HERE you delusional fucking faggot. You are the equivalent of a climate change denier. Do you think climate change isn't real because it was really cold in your town this morning? This is exactly the type of logical fallacy you're committing. I said that the opinions of MANY PEOPLE changed due to crowbcat's video. You think that YOUR OPINION, the opinion of ONE RETARD, changes anything about the claim I made? Holy shit how can you be so fucking incredibly dense? I never said there aren't idiots who liked GTAIV from the start, you braindead idiot. Holy fucking shit I've never encountered such a brainlet in all my years here. Kill yourself

>you also stole any comeback I could've made
I'm just that good huh? I somehow stole comebacks you were planning on making in the future? Damn I am even more impressive than I thought

again, where are you getting SA from

>released in 2008
>still gets talked about more than GTAV

Proof if proof were needed that it is the better game.

fpbp

>again, there's nothing wrong with arcade gameplay
In Burnout. GTA isn't Burnout.

You're retarded for replying to my post though.

yeah, you're really good at making a fool out of yourself, I can't deny that

Exactly. GTA is an ultra-realistic simulation.

>YOUR OPINION IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT, BEING DISCUSSED HERE
Why would I discuss anyone else's opinion but my own?
>muh climate change
Wow inserting personal politics into an argument that has nothing to do with that, who would've guessed you were one of those whack-jobs.
Take a pill or lie down before you hurt yourself.

Xbox 360/PS3 era was millennials though. Zoomers were born 1997-2003, so they were too young to play those consoles.

>still gets talked about more than GTAV

[citation needed]

>You are the equivalent of a climate change denier. Do you think climate change isn't real because it was really cold in your town this morning?
What makes you think it's real? Because someone told you so?

oh wow, so you actually believe global warming isn't real?
and you call others whack-jobs?

>the worst driving in any game ever
that's Watch Dogs

Very weak comeback, very embarrassing. Bessie sends her regards.

The only people who hate on IV are zoomers who hate on SA, or unironic 35+ year old boomers who only enjoyed VC or III. But you type like an idiot so you're clearly an underage.

No, but GTA's gameplay isn't fast enough to warrant super arcade vehicle controls. People don't expect a lifelike sim either, but at the gameplay speed of GTA the vehicle controls in GTA V are just too boring and not challenging enough.

>Why would I discuss anyone else's opinion but my own?

Not every discussion is about your opinions. The fact that you keep coming back to this point to reiterate again and again how everything is about your opinions is just fucking beyond me. You are a pathetic human being.

I have no personal opinions on the matter, does that upset you?

This entire thread is built on a personal opinion though? Why wouldn't I reply with my own personal opinion?
You're making shit out to be like it's something on a grand scale when in reality we are talking about whether or not we personally like a video game.

Not that guy, but he brought up the global warming to point out how your reasoning doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't. If a claim is made about 1000 people and you say "nuh-uh! I'm not one of those people!", that doesn't change the original claim being made about the 1000 people. Are you getting it now?

It doesn't matter to me what 1000000 people think, the argument was that "everyone changed when an e-celeb" released a video and my counter-argument was that me and many others had the same opinion years before-hand.

>The only people who hate on IV are zoomers who hate on SA
where the fuck do you get that from, that literally makes no sense

Because it started development in 2004 and released 2008. If you weren't a zoomer you would know how shit graphics were back then. This and fallout 3 were the epitome of graphics. Crysis doesn't count because it was a tech demo btw.

no you didn't

And yet again, you're missing the point entirely. I'm talking about the opinions of many, many, many anons on Yea Forums that changed after the video. You coming in and claiming that you are not among those anons and thinking that somehow changes things shows that you are an absolute retard. You are one guy. Once more, we weren't talking about your opinion, we were talking about the opinions of many people. It's ridiculous that you think your opinion somehow invalidates what I've said about everyone else who spammed the video. I can not believe this isn't registering at all for you. You are literally braindead.

I didn't what?
No surprise that I get a non-sense reply from a retard

yes user, I'm sure the opinion of some literal who suddenly changed 90% of the mentality on this board

>"everyone changed when an e-celeb"

Stop taking things so literally. Nobody ever claimed 100.00% of people changed their opinions. In just said "Yea Forums changed its opinion". If you wanted to get pedantic about that, you should have just posted the good old "hurr durr Yea Forums is not one person"

>You coming in and claiming that you are not among those anons and thinking that somehow changes things
How doesn't it? You claimed that people only talk up IV on here because of an e-celeb video, I am a prime example of why that's not true just like many others on here who have loved the game since its release.
I'm not denying that the video didn't sway some peoples' opinions, but it's not the sole reason for IV being liked like you have been claiming since you started posting itt

>literal who

Except literally all of Yea Forums knows who he is and he's always been popular here and the video has 14 million views. Yeah I'm sure it had 0 effect. Sure. Yeah. Totally.

It was really shit and drab, I let my brother buy it because I didn't have as much interest as Vice city or San Andreas. It was focused too much on realism, and it lost too much goofy charm.

GTA V was a little better in this way, but Im much older now.

At least it wasn't as bad as 5.

>You should ignore those 10000 other people because I'm not like them, proving that your claim about them is false!!!

lol, you are just not getting it are you? Absolutely delusional.

You're retarded for making the argument in the first place, and yes, Yea Forums is not one person.
It's already been posted before in this thread.

fpbp

The only delusional ones in this thread are retards like you who think that "da hive-mind!" has been raiding Yea Forums because of some youtube video

at this point I'm starting to think you're actually that e-celeb and you're trying to make yourself look more important than you actually are

Your problem is that you automatically assume that people only like the game because of that video.
In your mind their opinion is already invalid because you've pre-determined it.
You are the only delusional one here.

Refer to this guy's post Literal boogeyman mentality

The irony here is that the consensus everywhere is that GTA IV is a great game.
>inb4 flaunting your oldfag status for the 5th time to justify why the game is shit

Or maybe sleeping dogs

>Xbox 360/PS3 era was millennials though
No it wasn't
>Zoomers were born 1997-2003
No they weren't

It had goofiness. It was just a bit more subdued compared to SA which completely went off the rails to it's detriment.

franklin was cool you cuck

As someone who loved 4, the controls for driving were janky and unresponsive but I enjoyed the challenge and how cars had different feels to them

yeah it was

Attached: 1537265871361.gif (500x669, 440K)

I like both Gta V and Gta IV.

Attached: 1552578400136.png (313x291, 134K)

these games suck because of how easy it is to fail a mission due to stupid shit. also the port to pc was optimized like trash

fpbp

I really want to know where the narrative of IV: GOOD, V: BAD came from. V is kinda mediocre all things considered, but IV is a mess of a game and just kind of boring all round. It feels like a tech demo, though TBoGT is alright.

>fallout 3 were the epitome of graphics.

Is this bait, Fallout 3 looked like trash.