Give this Lizard some Advice

Atleast for better armor, staves, spells and other things mage related since the one i stole from a goblin has ran out of 'charge' and have been using an axe and shield as a form of defense

Currently in the city of chorrol and i still haven't figured out how to sell shit, also i've joined a mages guild assuming they would give me something other than a key

I was at kvatch but i got killed by 4 mini goat things that shoot fireballs and completely forgot to save

So now i ask for advice from any Oblivion people out there

Attached: Screenshot_444.png (797x590, 802K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:First_Time_Players
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can sell your stuff at any shop, and I think your best bet for learning new spells would be buying them at the mages guild and doing mage guild quests.

oh and you could start at Mystic Emporium, Rindir's Staffs and Edgar's Discount Spells in the Market District of the Imperial City

Scalefag

It doesn't fucking matter, level scaling ruins any and all sense of character and equipment progression in Oblivion. Just loot the best shit you find.
>4 mini goat things
what in the fuck

remove all armour and make sure you've got a nude mod installed, then post screens

Get unlock minor lock from the alteration tree. Spam it on a normal or hard door for 2 hours. Boom. Max level alteration and you can now unlock anything in the game.

DELETE THIS

Come on bro. Elder Scrolls is as simple as it gets when it comes to RPGS.

You level up by increasing the primary skills/attributes of your class, or the ones you chose for your custom class.

You increase those skills/attributes simply by using them. If one of your skills is Sneak, then it will level the more you Sneak around.

is vanilla oblivion even worth playing or should I just install the FCOM superpack?

it fucking sucks

rip

Well, whatever was trying to kill me after coming across an oblivion gate

No

and where do i find said tree?

.... It's not an actual tree

Don't bother, the Tree of Alteration is guarded by many elves.

Attached: 1503768526203.jpg (492x388, 39K)

dont ask for advice here. genuinely the best part of oblivion is getting lost in the weird as fuck world and dlc. explore, read, loot, do whatever you want. just dont spoonfeed yourself.

Attached: 1555617845511.jpg (371x353, 13K)

Dunno where the shops are at

well fuck

I rarely play WRPGS, mostly grew up with JRPGS

>Dunno where the shops are at
Look for the signs on buildings.

Well i want a mod that makes me an unkillable god

Don't shops have their own icons? kinda like houses and smiths.

First thing you need to know about Oblivion: Save often, and in multiple slots.
Secondly, always carry a few potions of cure disease on you.
Thirdly, Elder Scrolls works by you, the Player, actively exploring the world and getting used to everything. Don't feel scared to explore a city and check out every building.
Fourthly, with ES, you set up your character by choosing the skills you use for your playstyle, then increasing them, which at the level up screen (which comes up when you sleep), you choose the attributes you want that, preferably the ones that are boosted by a bonus.
Fifthly, GET A SILVER WEAPON OR BETTER. A good amount of enemies will not take any damage from Iron or Steel weapons unless those types are enchanted.
Sixthly, Guilds have trainers and quests that you can do. The Mages Guild members sell spells, alchemic supplies, and offers training.

Once you've been in a city, your map gets filled in as you walk around. Open your map and select local mode, then you can see the names of all the buildings when you hover over them.

Seventhly, if you plan to join the Fighter's Guild, do so immediately. They do not allow in characters with a criminal record.
Eight, there are not any skill trees like in Skyrim, ignore any advice concerning that.
Nine, don't bother with mods on the very first playthrough unless your performance is absolutely atrocious and you need to make it better. Vanilla Oblivion is perfectly fine and enjoyable on a first time playthrough.

>Well i want a mod that makes me an unkillable god
You don't need mods for that. That's accomplishable through magic, very easily. For starters, steal every Grand soul gem you can find. Mage guild vendors usually have one in their pockets.

When you have 5, bring them to a necromancy altar on a necromancy moon (once every 8 days). Turn them into black soul gems. Enchant Chameleon on 5 pieces of armor. Each will have a 20% Chameleon rating, and when you wear them all at once it adds up to 100%.

You are now completely invisible and nothing in the game can see you.

That doesn't make you unkillable, it just makes you totally invisible, which is great for stealth until the combat starts and every enemy AI locks in on you.

Thanks for the advice humans

The combat won't start in the first place, nothing can see you.

If you plan to join the Dark Brotherhood, kill a beggar, however, if you've joined the Theives Guild, don't kill a beggar, just choose someone else. Make sure whoever you kill is not important for any reason though, or else you're losing out on something.
It's been sometime since I've played with 100% chameleon in Oblivion, but I'm pretty sure they'll be able to attack you if combat somehow starts.

In hindsight oblivion is really goofy but it's goofy in a charming way.

Attached: IMG_c2610222-18ca-4c99-865c-c029741eba52.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

>but I'm pretty sure they'll be able to attack you if combat somehow starts
Maybe. I've tried. In Oblivion gates I will walk up to Dremora and punch them in the face and they just grunt and run around confused for a bit.

The goofiness actually adds to the game.
Do not feel ashamed to lower the difficulty slider down some from the starting position. Oblivion's difficulty is absolutely fucked in some ways.

>Seventhly, if you plan to join the Fighter's Guild, do so immediately. They do not allow in characters with a criminal record.

Wish i knew this before i tried to kill a man who had a house near an imperial city but failed because he was so hard to kill and because of that almost every city i went to guards tried killing me, until i went to a cave, killed every bandit in it and got enough gold to pay a fine when i arrived to chorrol

Honestly, OP, you kind of sound like a retard. It's a very straightforward game. It's just like real life. If a house has a sign it says a shop, it's a shop

It might depend on the fight, like if the enemy has life detection and can see where you are, or if the fight is scripted to start once dialog is over.
I'd try anyways to see if they let you in. I don't remember what determines how they don't let you in, I just remember that they have a little bit of leeway allowed. Otherwise, just reload or something.

Because i am a retard

Wait, i can join multiple guilds? already joined the mages

How do you lower difficulty?

>Give this Lizard some Advice
play the other one n'wah

Attached: shitty vidya.png (132x131, 45K)

I had skyrim but it ran like shit on my PC so i refunded it

you can join literally every guild in the game without restriction

and difficulty slider is located in the options menu under gameplay.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:First_Time_Players

Alright thanks

remember argonians are property

Nope. Its kike they completely forget you exist, two seconds after hitting them with a fucking spell/sword

No, silly
Go backwards, not forwards

isn't the best course of action for any oblivion character to just not level up?

if you suck at the game, yes, but it makes some quests not accesible and enemy variety stays at the minimum