I need help finding a game

i need help finding this old ass early 2000s game, im desperate to find it and finish it

when i was a kid i remember playing this first person game on my pc i know it wasn't a shooter or an rpg because i dont remember having any inventory sistem or level up system

i do remember you could use magic and a sword, i also remmeber that you could see the hand of the main character at all times with the weapon, i think he had a gauntlet of some sort

i remember the game having some forest level and then you jumped into some catacomb of some sort and the first enemies u encountered were some sort of big spiders this game was old but no that old im sure it had polygons, the graphics of it were a lot like the ones of the first unreal or half life 1 i dont really remember much more except the game had a edgy serious theme, like it wasnt a cartoony adventure game with points and floating shit but reather like some sort of dark action game like clive barker's undying

thats pretty much everything i can recall PLEASE I NEED TO FIND THIS GAME IT KEEPS HAUNTING ME THE DESIRE TO FINISH IT

>pic, not related but to give u an idea on the type of looks it had

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/medieval-world
archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdatehttps://archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdate
youtube.com/watch?v=btNG-1EeOeU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters
youtube.com/watch?v=RluZuxrIh7A
youtube.com/watch?v=86itmUN_cxk
youtube.com/watch?v=NcXe6PvqdWY
youtube.com/watch?v=w5aEWkIb6WM
youtube.com/watch?v=RBcU1se-VHE
youtube.com/watch?v=4EqoK0XNdxc
youtube.com/watch?v=hNOMs3BJTxA
newsday.com/business/set-to-channel-the-future-digital-set-top-box-to-propel-america-into-interactive-tv-revolution-1.398172
youtu.be/TH5ps4hkwtc
stickpage.com
stickpage.com/stickfights.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dark Messiah of M&M ?

nope, it aint M&M that im sure of and dark messiah is too "new" we are taking 1999-2000 graphics

Been a long, long time since I played it, but Hexen 2?

Fucking Daikatana?

Attached: distress.jpg (445x386, 28K)

Skyrim

was it skyrim?

Try a search on "First Person Rpg" on steam, there ton of old shit here.

no.....

there's only a handful of first person games on PC from 2000-2001, and they're almost all Japanese.

thx will do but still your suggestions really help ill check hexen 2 btw, it looks an awful lot to what i remember,

moddb.com/mods/medieval-world

here it is

nevermind it wasn't hexen 2 the game icon of the desktop looks nothing like it, it was a more edgy thing

nope its not a half- life mod i said the pic is not related stil thx for the attempt?

HEXEN or HEXEN 2?

i think the one this user said

nope wasn't daikatana, still it looks a lot like what im looking for

morrowind

It's Daikatana

Yo while we're puzzling this out whats the name of a game I saw clips on the looked early to mid-2000's and had fairly precise and complex looking third person hack and slash combat with a fair amount of dismemberment. I think it may have been PC only, and the bit I saw was like a barbarian guy fighting orcs or goblins in some kind of desert looking ruins.

not morrowind, not daikatana it had no guns

Dark Souls?

hey dont insert your doubts into my doubts this will only make things slower user

Severance: Blade of Darkness

Daikatana

archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdatehttps://archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdate
get reading

not daikatana stop you are giving me a bruh moment

Attached: IMG_20190509_124953.png (750x748, 532K)

I think that's totally it. Thanks bro.

kings field

gothic?

nope too old

not first person

Enclave?

i remember it being a first person game, that i am sure of thanks for the suggestion though :)

sounds like hexen

Attached: Sg.jpg (590x323, 30K)

The wheel of time?

You can stare at the ass of some hot chick when she is climbing up the ladder.

>i remember the game having some forest level and then you jumped into some catacomb of some sort and the first enemies u encountered were some sort of big spiders

That part sounds exactly like Lands Of Lore: The Throne Of Chaos.

Doubt that's what it was though.

That sounds a lot like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Especially the part where there's an early forest level that leads into a cave with giant spiders

Are you sure you just didn't play it on a shitty computer?

You can see your arms and legs at all times especially when you swing your sword and kick or use magic

Attached: images (7).jpg (640x480, 33K)

The game has inventory in it.

Attached: images (8).jpg (619x495, 59K)

>HEY PAL!

no im sure it wasnt darm messiah, i love that game i played it on my xbox 360 years after waht im talking about

hexen 2 though it looks a lot to what im looking for, i mean i guess im out of guesses still im gonna keep the thread up for more options, and if someone also wants to try and find a game you can ask here :)

DMOMM has an inventory and magic/ skill tree system too

Attached: artpic63_2.jpg (800x600, 126K)

If it wasn't hexen 2 it might have been the first Hexen

Attached: images (9).jpg (512x288, 21K)

Wow I really want to find out what this game is that OP is talking about.

bruh what i remember has no inventory

where else would you keep all your scrolls and potions and shit

arx fatalis?

This board is fucking amazing sometimes.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x278, 353K)

Bro me too
Someone help this boomer

What about Heretic 2?

u just pick shit up, like u pick it and its just there like u dont open an inventory of course u have items but im not even sure if u had potions i think u just picked up health like you would do in unreal tournament

no :(

also no :(

im really sorry for being so vague its just my boomer memory cant recall too much

this

Daikatana

I would say maybe Thief, but I don't think that fits this description that well.

Maybe witchhaven? It's 90s rather than 2000s though

Let's see, what else do you remember about the story? Any names? Do you play as a human?

So you picked shit up like in DOOM? You picked up health and just upped a percentage?

Maybe it was the Half-Life mod called Master Sword

human definetely

yeah that sounds familiar

nope it wasnt a stealth game but rather more like a dungeon crawler

too old :(

not a mod, already checked all the mods for counter strike doom half life and unreal just in case

youtube.com/watch?v=btNG-1EeOeU

Looks like a match to me. Around 14.30 matches the ss

Read. Mr. Boomer said pic wasn't related.

Turok

retard

OP said the pic was just an example bro.

that pic was just to give a reference on the graphics of the game im looking for, i know its from a half life mod i just used it as a reference

It was an rpg? Like elder scrolls arena?

it looked a lot like turok but no guns or dinosaurs

FUCK i cant read

im not sure if it was an rpg, i checked all the elder scrolls game cuz im a skyrimfag but it doesnt match

I hope you find your game Mr. Boomer.
Was it even a good enough game in the first place to be searching this desperately for it?

Try /vr/, maybe plebbit if you're desperate enough. Your game sounds breddy obscure.

Kinda obvious question, but the game was in english, right? It wasn't some jank from yurope or anything like that?

in early 2000 I saw some trailer-gameplay about this kind of strategy game, I think it was for console, you were supposed to move your pawns/units on this map with hexagons spaces, the moment two units would enter in combat you would load to a close-up view of the both characters fighting

Attached: 1545172272350.jpg (480x360, 22K)

What are some weapons you remember?

Did the game use potions, or herbs, or magic for healing?

How did you transition from one area to another?

Strange little specific details you remember might help you narrow it down.

i dont even know, the only thing i know is that i was so young i was scared of the spiders and i never finished it but i remember having so much curiosity and desires to play it and finish it, i think i spent like a whole hour on the first section of the first level just amazed by the graphics and the animations at that time 3d was pretty new stuff

a sword definetely, probably lose potions

wild arms xf

thief nigga.

And when it zooms in it becomes a fighting game, right?

im a bit surprised, i didn't expect thi smuch support helping a boomer find a game you guys are beautiful

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-12-21_at_2.08.29_PM.jpg (1266x680, 57K)

master of monsters

You talk all retarded but you're not saying retarded shit, we like you.

why don't you use the wikipedia list of FPS shooters, filter it out by year and one by one check em..

Please don't use memes again Mr. Boomer.
Thank you Mr. Boomer.

im sorry still getting used to this internet thing

tried it but stupid wikipedia would show me recent crap

thx, sorry for being a bit of a reatard im wood

Well you aren't replying but anyway the game is Wrath Unleashed.

this game is cool

try searching here meanwhile with Ctrl+F and "1999" or "2000" words

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first-person_shooters

it wasn't anime or pixelated, more like fantasy with 3d graphics.
not really fighting game, from what I remember of the video it seemed liked or an unskippable cutscene where the two units were fighting or you had to choose what to do, but I'm not really sure about this part

Attached: thefuck.jpg (490x535, 62K)

shit someone got the reference.....

to add to this, you can click on the filter in release date on the right most top column. no need to ctrl F.

Is it "Witch haven"?

Arx Fatalis?

Oh you know Yea Forums loves a challenge like this. If we had a thread like this once a day everyone would be here.

i think its probably this for OP

Pretty sure you are talking about strife, it was made in the doom engine like hexen and heretic but it was a different medieval game

already checked bois im afraid thats not it :/

shadowcaster

Was it Blood? I got nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=RluZuxrIh7A

Legends of Might and Magic?

Are you over 25?

Attached: 1560176886401.jpg (950x475, 633K)

my nigga

i dont get it

Is it strife or not?

it's an outdated Yea Forums meme based on a dumb spam ad that showed a pic of that tree and says something like "if you're over 25 then this game is for you" or whatever.

nope

Not Legends of Might and Magic?

Do you own a computer?

Attached: 1500407044218.png (1456x1504, 2.52M)

Looks like the tree at McDonalds play land when I was a kid. Creepy fucker.

no and no, damn this search just gets harder watching those gameplays of old games gave me some flashbacks though

i think i think on the first level you started bare fisted, then u pick up an axe or something i know it sounds a lot lik ehexen but i already installed it, soon as i fix th ecolor compatibility issues ill play it and confirm

Thief sounds most like everything you've described. Have you check Thief: Gold, Thief: The Metal Age and Thief: Deadly Shadows?

What did the game's HUD look like?

Attached: hexen2.jpg (480x360, 25K)

anything from here?

youtube.com/watch?v=86itmUN_cxk

Hexen 2?

You might need to accept that your memory is simply degraded. The game you remember is almost certainly in this thread. You just have fragmented false memories of it.

The same thing happened with me. I remember playing a CGA dos game as a 5 year old kid. It was some kind of learning game my dad got for me. You solved problems that came down a conveyor belt. After a certain point you'd get a mini cutscene where a highrise building would increase in height, like solving the word/math problems helped aid in construction. I believe a penguin was involved as the main character.

But guess what. I've scoured the entire internet for years, every old abandonware site, every list of early learning games, and nothing. To me this means that my memories are probably screwed up. What I remember was probably one of the Learning Rabbit games or something and my memory of the game is just completely fucked to the point I'm remembering something that didn't even exist.

Many such cases.

Check Lands of lore III
The war in heaven
The Wheel of time

Hey I'll try my luck. I've been trying to find a game I played for a little bit back in the N64 era. It was same game where you fight monsters. I remember the first level was some dark desert tile looking dungeon and the first enemy you run into is I think a zombie. When you cut it down it actually slices it apart. I think you could choose from like 3 characters to play as. I think right after the zombie you fight a big spider too. It was a pretty grim looking game. Oh btw it was third person.

well, im not a 100% sure since my memory has failed me, but hexen 2 the one that resembles the most

the gauntlets at the begining are the closest thing that resemble what i remember

you are all amazing anons, thanks for your help and your commitment, you helped some bored boomer find something he had desperately searched for for that i am incredibly grateful to all of you

i will keep this thread in case anyone else wants to post cool old school games that people might be interested in playing

thanks for everything :)

king's quest 8 mask of eternity is like what you describe except with a few more rpg elements

I figure this is a long shot, but does anyone remember a flash/quicktime game that was essentially a Kula World ripoff but instead of a ball you were a lizard?
I'm pretty sure it was tied in with a brand too. I want to say you collected letters of the brand name, Mentos comes to mind but my memory is so hazy I could be wrong. If anyone has any leads on this that would be amazing, since it might as well be a fever dream since I can't find anything of it anywhere.

Attached: 1403331916174.jpg (300x240, 17K)

I already know the answer, but this is a test for you all.

Anyone remember a game, it was sort of like Minecraft but it had this depressing atmosphere, guns, dragons, and was way harder?

Daikatana

I'm sorry Mr. Boomer, but you're incorrect.

blade of darkness in first person mode ?

kek

Could it be the King's Field series?

Other options are DMoM and Hexen/Heretic.

KISS Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child
youtube.com/watch?v=NcXe6PvqdWY

Wheel of Time
youtube.com/watch?v=w5aEWkIb6WM

Catechumen
youtube.com/watch?v=RBcU1se-VHE

War in Heaven
youtube.com/watch?v=4EqoK0XNdxc

idk where else to look

The Rune?

It's either vikings: free online game or throne: free online game

Wasn't Gauntlet Legends was it? I'm just guessing.

youtube.com/watch?v=hNOMs3BJTxA

Ominous Horizons or Catechumen.

Attached: ominous 2012-03-18 00-00-23-84.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Catechumen hasn't been mentioned yet. OP check that one out.

Heretic 1

Might as well ask
Back in 04 I remember that there was this flash game I used to play on newgrounds. I believe you played as a samurai or ronin type figure and it probably had a nip aesthetic to match. Also it let you import and export your save files.

Unfortunately I don't remember much else about it like how it looked or played, but I don't think it was a sidescroller if that helps

Attached: sudoku.jpg (394x394, 109K)

I used to play a game called Light Heroes on Miniclip, it was like you described. Samurai sidescroller but it was also a bullet hell with RPG mechanics

This is the first one that came to mind when u said ronin. I dont think you can import or export save files though. Only flash games i remember doing that were the Sonny games. Maybe Sinjid shadow of the warrior had save import?

Attached: ronin spirit of the sword.jpg (430x260, 146K)

Since this thread seems pretty good digging up stuff, I'll ask about some games I've been trying to find. However, this is different; I know the "console," the genre, the looks, and even the name of one of the games. I just can't find anything on them other than one article.
All of these games were playable on an Insight cable TV box using a TV remote when I was a kid, and this was in Kentucky around 2003 or so. The game I remember most was a standard blackjack game, named Blackjack 2000. It was going for a futuristic vibe, and had a robotic dealer. This game was mentioned in a news article from 1999, but has no pictures associated with it.
newsday.com/business/set-to-channel-the-future-digital-set-top-box-to-propel-america-into-interactive-tv-revolution-1.398172
The other two games aren't as concrete. One was a trivia game with a golf theme; a fast and correct answer would result in a hole-in-one, while one that took longer or was incorrect would result in a bogey. The other was some sort of adventure game, almost point-and-click like. You could press the arrows on the remote to hover over a glow over different objects, and select them to change the scene.
Anyone remember these at all, or know any way I could dig it up harder than I already have? I was nostalgia tripping over them and to see them again would be dope.

>sonny
Fuck you for bringing that up. I'm upset now

>Sinjid
Think you got it user, thanks

Attached: 1387656926609.jpg (464x523, 71K)

meant for

>Sinjid shadow of the warrior
not that other guy but goddamn I completely forgot about this game. this was bad freaking ass

Nah the camera was behind the character like your typical 3rd person game.

rune halls of valahlla?
Draken order of the flame?
The Sumoner, their the only 3rd person old games I can remember

Nightmare Creatures?

THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME OF THIS
Fuck, I remember seeing the naked girls in this game and my young mind had no idea of what was going on but liked it.
I miss those times were I'd play flash games in my shitty dial up internet so much.

Hexen II comes to mind.
There wasn't many sword n sorcery fps games it was practically just Hexen/Herectic.

yeah sounds like summoner

Dark Souls before Dark Souls

can someone help me too?
all i remember it being a third person medieval/fantasy game
you had a choice of 3 different character
some amazon lady, dont remember much of her
then some sorcerer guy with a staff and bandaged head, no robes - i remember goin through some portal rooms
and then this armored barbarian guy, all i rememebr is him doing pushup and then procedding to jump off a cliff into som fort
all these 3 had dofferent starting locations

video games didn't exist 360 years before the xbox though you fuckin lying piece of shit

Since we're suggesting obscure '98 - 00 games...

Attached: 3833-requiem-avenging-angel-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x982, 130K)

Anyone know the stickman flashes of lots of complicated stickfights? The one I remember specifically had basement jaxx where’s your head at playing during it

settle down and let him explain himself, i'm sure this is just a misunderstanding.

xiao xiao?

It was basically a compilation of different fights I think they were all from different animators

>archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdatehttps://archive.org/details/pcgamer-cdroms?sort=-publicdate

Not OP but holy shit thank you- I found my long lost game by rummaging through these. Its Mageslayer from 1997.

I played this one recently. I didn't like how enemies had perfect accuracy from all the way across the map. Excellent concept, though.

Anyone remember an old 2D space shooter game where if you lost you'd be shown a cutscene of your guy getting killed by being teared in 2 with some torture device.

Was this it?

Attached: The_Hive_Coverart.png (256x258, 139K)

No but that sounds interesting. Hope someone finds it.

this is the only flaw with the game. really good but enemies are way too accurate from every distance

Pretty sure it was this type of a game

Attached: spaceshooter.png (450x269, 8K)

Here's what that game looks like, if it helps:
youtu.be/TH5ps4hkwtc

What about Devastation?

I havent touched Sonny 3, and dont think i will in the forseeable future after what i heard about it. RIP one of my favourite flash game series
Np user, save importing and exporting was really rare for flash games so that was a good hint.
Sinjid and Sonny games were amazingly high quality for their period. Animations, gameplay and the fucking music was top tier.
The golden age of flash games was amazing, i remember coming home from school and going on flash game websites and trying all the new ones. Think i went from 2adultflashgames to armorgames, kongregate etc. There was also alot of suprising high quality porn games such as ronin.

Please bros I’ll give you a tf2 or csgo key

This is a bait

Read through the whole thread, if no one on Yea Forums manages to find it by the time the thread archives, I highly suggest you ask /vr/. They have a bigger knowledge of older obscure games. Expect them to reply very slowly because /vr/ is a slow board and the threads don't archive as fast. You might have to wait half a day or a whole day.

Attached: 1502121037669.jpg (48x67, 2K)

Long ago i played this game on floppy disks at my friends house you were a chef and climbed up the levels fighting food.
What was it Yea Forums?

I feel like it's Hexen and op is just misremembering something about it.

Burger chef?

BurgerTime

Lots of old flash websites that collected stuff like that are gone unfortunately, newgrounds will have some of the more well known ones but as a kid I remember watching both really well done ones as well as absolute shit ones

The "Killing spree" series I remember for having hilariously edgy shit and unironic use of powerman 5000 and such, there's another one I can't remember that had multicolored stickmen fighting to the death in an increasingly destroyed arena

Oh shit I think I found one of the old websites I'd browse as a kid
stickpage.com

Haven't looked that deeply but I think it has a lot of the shit you're probably nostalgic for

Yeah these both seems to be names for the game thanks anons.

Was about to link that website, have a look here user stickpage.com/stickfights.shtml

this thread is taking me back to being a dumb middle schooler reading order of the stick, watching stick figure fights, waiting for the next Madness Combat to come out, and posting on a bunch of different bbs forums for different shit

The Google/Facebook duopoly killing the wild west internet fucking sucked. The shrinking of the internet will only get worse, too

I looked for like an hour on google (and saw that site and looked at their YouTube channel) after making my first post, tried adding queries with the song name too, nothing. I don’t use flash so I won’t be able to use that website

So what was the game op was asking about?

op here the game was call of duty world at war thanks everyone

The magic and the sword were so OP but were still no match for my PPSH with Stopping Power and Steady Aim.

Skyrim. Todd ported it to the past.

Attached: serveimage.png (1024x768, 470K)

>kongregate
My nigga, I completely forgot about those days in gaming. I once held a record on fancy pants adventure 2
The room I used was "devourer of souls"

Holy shit dude i remember playing Sinjid when I was like 12 or something on new grounds or some flash site damn fucking nostalgia