Do you trust steam reviews?

Do you trust steam reviews?

Attached: steam reviews.jpg (328x760, 61K)

Steam reviews are meant for people who don't have the game and since Rocket League won't be on Steam anymore it makes sense for people not to buy it

Not really.

Sometimes. Though I usually look at the negative reviews first before the positive ones

I don't trust ANY reviews. Only drones who can't form their own opinion of a game would care about reviews at all.

>10 Hours of playtime
>Leave bad review
>Fanbois: WHAT THE FUCK YOU DONT EVEN HAVE ENOUGH HOURS PUT IN TO DECIDE IF ITS BAD OR NOT FUCK YOU!!!!!!

>100 hours of playtime
>Leave bad review
>Fanbois: WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE YOU LEAVING A BAD REVIEW WITH SO MANY HOURS PUT INTO IT??????? FUCK YOU!!!!!!!

TLDR: Nope.

I look at the actual reviews and ignore the aggregate score

Yes.
The overall score is alright for a very quick look. But nowadays review bombs are a concern so it's always worth it to read a couple reviews, both positive and negative. Like maybe the guy left a negative review months ago because of technical issues, in that case it's worth to check out updates logs. But honestly most purchases I've made on Steam I already knew what I was going to buy before booting up my computer.

I think it's nice that there's no almost no grade involved beyond a thumb up/down, you don't grade art.

I don't need the reviews, I can tell if a game is good just by how much gameplay the trailer shows.

I don't, but it's a good way to make some corporate cocksuckers like OP seethe with anger.

No, not at all.
I hate what Steam has become, it is practically like asking Reddit for an opinion.

Even if you dismiss the bitching about performance issues which most of the time happen to be the fault of the retard trying to play stuff like the witcher 3 with intel HD graphics... there has not been a single time a steam review has been remotely useful.

Less known indie games that could use a hand with this system are ignored.

This means that most reviews are going to be on games promoted on twitch or youtube channels with valuable reviews like:
>Lol markiplier played this game 10 / 10

There is also this portion of the steam community that just gives shit opinions to everything but hentai games.

To an extent, it is like an unholy combination of reddit and newgrounds.

If the game doesn't have at least 95% + then it's trash and not even worth looking for.
Anything above requires further research on metacritic in nurmal user comments (not journos).

why not?
they seem to be dead honest in their wording

if you can read you can't be tricked by a review on steam it seems
and in the case it is a fake one you can still see the rating by users and the discussion debunking the review

i don't see any problem at all

They are usually pretty reliable especially if a lot of reviews report the same thing.

Yea, to an extent. I look at the content of the reviews, though, instead of just the overall rating. Been saved on a few purchases thanks to people mentioning how a game hadn't been updated in months/years or how it runs like shit.

>click game
>go to reviews
>filter to negative
>read complaints
if the complaints are valid i'll do more research, if they aren't i'll probably look at buying the game
doing this saved me from buying MGSV and Just Cause 4 when they came out

Almost never, really. I will generally trust negative overall reviews if I can see it wasn't some dumbfuck ass-mad downvote raid, but otherwise user reviews on any platform are basically worthless.

I do this as well.
Overwehelmingly positive reviews mean shit, specially on cheap games.
>Play game for 4h
>'Omg so adictive :-D'

Also there are los of negative reviews from people that should not be using a computer.

I learned that most of the games I have come to like sit on very positive or mixed on Steam.

One would say that Steam cunts simply have high standards but then I saw Gone Home, DOTA and Goat Simulator on overwhelmingly positive so I guess they are simply retards and cannot be trusted at all.

Yes, it's a good source for plenty of reviews which can point out many different issues or strengths of games.
I mostly just go and read the negative reviews and if their complaints seem relevant to me, I'll reconsider

>Also there are los of negative reviews from people that should not be using a computer.

That shit is so tiresome....
>Shit game, my madkatz controller does not work REEEEEEEE
This is everywhere on steam
Why people don't understand that devs don't sit and make their games using some Chinese driver and a bootleg ps4 controller?

Yes

Attached: ww2games.png (619x371, 58K)

I don't need reviews because I look at gameplay footage then pirate.