Underrated gem

underrated gem
[s]mooncrash worth it?[/s]

Attached: ds.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYLEuQrvND0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>[s]
Stupid oldfag. That doesn't work on Yea Forums anymore.

Base ha,e is golden, Mooncrash kinda just gets repetitive after a while, but you need it if you want to 100% Steam cheevos.

*game

The last time it worked was in 2002

It isn't an underrated gem, it's actually a massive dissapointment of a game which railroads you through corridors and lacks gameplay variation.

Yea Forums saw through it the day the game released but I guess that is forgotten now.

>railroads you through corridors
> lacks gameplay variation
please stop talking about games you never played
you are one of the cancers killing Yea Forums

fucking tourist redditor

>mooncrash worth it?
yeah, the moonlab is like a smaller talos I, and you really have to strategise to escape with all 5 characters, since each have their own weaknesses and strengths.

Here's the part where you tell me 14 hours isn't enough to judge a game, i'm not being fair!

Attached: prey_is_shit_and_you_are_the_cancer_killing_the_video_game_industry_by_eating_up_watered_down_and_si (349x151, 80K)

you're probably just retarded user

>he lets memes dictate his opinions
dumbass lel

Yes, I am the one who is retarded, the one who is saying the game is too basic and just frivolous fluff around a skeleton of gameplay.
You nailed it user, congratulations.

I wonder, what's it like to be amused by almost nothing? Can you just stare at the wall for hours on end smiling and drooling?

What skills did you use?

>literally posts on Yea Forums
>lol I’m a man of taste who isn’t amused by just anything

Yup, that’s how I know.

FAIL

>mooncrash
mooncrash is great. you have a bunch of characters with different skills and powers and you have to complete tasks with them (won't spoil it) so it is a lot of fun lvling up and mastering the skills and gameplay style of each character.

It’s objectively worse than Bioshock which is objectively worse than System Shock.

Why would you play a copycat game when you could play the original? There is NOTHING this game brings to the table that is unique. It doesn’t build on a formula. It’s the same shit but diluted.

Attached: 1464840708007.jpg (500x500, 39K)

>original prey
it's absolute fucking garbage though?
Prey 2017 is the superior game by a significant margin in almost every facet
>It’s objectively worse than Bioshock which is objectively worse than System Shock.
It's actually the system shock 3 everyone was waiting for

It is a good formula, I don't mind copycats. Also we get zero-g exploration, this is new. And take back that Bioshock claim.

>if I like something stupid, that means YOU'RE retarded!

Attached: 1497825269930.jpg (1024x956, 78K)

>it's absolute fucking garbage though
It is not, it is fine shooter with some alien feel.

no one cares about your shitcanned sequel lmao

Attached: 1451506963384.png (454x600, 347K)

Mooncrash is great.

It's not objectively worse than anything, you're just an idiot from 8gag who was told to shit on it for very vague political reasons. If you did indeed play it, why are you avoiding specifics and throwing vague complaints at it?
You're either grinding your axe or decided to play it in the stupidest way possible. The game does allow for that, so idiots like you can enjoy it.

That game is so bad. Liked SS2, liked the Bioshocks, Infinite too.

Prey is not an underrated gem nor a gem of any kind. It was shit from beginning to end. It was an underachieving wannabe. Lost it when, amid all the corniness, there was a poster in the game that read "the 9th wonder of the world is in space" with a cartoon man's face next to it trying to look serious.

The game was made by retards.

Its definitely better than Bioshock, and Talos 1 is a more immersive setting than Rapture.

What's so funny about that

it's NOT funny. It's not even a joke. That's the devs' level of world building.

>liked the Infinite too.
We got a connoisseur here, look out.

What's wrong with it

>liked Infinite

I loved Bioshock 1 but you’re legitimately retarded if you enjoyed Bioshock Infinite and your opinion is invalid

>Infinite
what a shitty game
good thing Prey was good enough for me to forget that glorified rail shooter

Why would a wonder of the WORLD be in space?

t liked Prey

>Why would a wonder of the WORLD be in space?
That's the joke

Is pretending it's a joke your cope?

I mean, most people that played it thought it was good so no one's going to take you seriously. It's like people saying they didn't like Hollow Knight or Bloodborne. You're entitled to your own opinion even if it is retarded

lol this guy. You don't get the joke, then you complain that there is no joke there

Attached: a649a6da.jpg (1200x798, 145K)

That can also be said of fallout 4. MOST people who played it enjoyed that hunk of trash

The entire game is absolutely littered statues and decor that's exactly as stupid as that. Even the story is exactly as stupid as that. You saying the enitre game is being retarded on purpose?

>Why would a wonder of the WORLD be in space?
It sounds exactly like something a spacefaring, multi-billion dollar corporation would put out in their advertising, something that's supposed to fill the reader with wonderment while betraying the visions of grandeur behind it. It absolutely nails the tone that they were going for.

Attached: 1551527087973.jpg (354x425, 39K)

Well, if you care so much about consistency of the setting, explain why the fuck Columbian flying factories have so long chimneys.

>It absolutely nails the tone that they were going for.
An assault on logic? Well, mission accomplished.

>The entire game is absolutely littered statues and decor that's exactly as stupid as that
It's a timeline where it's still heavily inspired by the 60s, and the old timey adverts are playing off that

Attached: dope-slaves.jpg (391x600, 117K)

>fine shooter
>literally dnf from 2006
Mcfucking kill yerself

>The entire game is absolutely littered statues and decor that's exactly as stupid as that
What statues? And the decor, as for the entire aesthetic Prey goes for, is inspired by 1960s retro futurism. Which makes sense, because the Talos 1 was built during that era.

If I bought this game for $60 I would have been severely disappointed. It's a decent bargain bin title and nothing more than that. The gameplay is extremely shit for the first couple of hours, and then becomes radically trivial as soon as you get a gun and realize you can make a ridiculous amount of ammo. The story was okay at best, but holy shit is there too much fucking talking. By the last scene I just shot the fucking robot as soon as I heard he was fucking with the controls and refused to hear a sentence more. You would not believe how fast I wanted to get the game over with by that point.
This game honestly plays like bioshock and Deus Ex HR. It fails accomplish what Deus Ex HR does in terms of game play and story, but I think it's better than bioshock because that game is fucking garbage.
My genuine suggestion, pick it up if it's like $10, but it's a 5/10 at best. Just really average.

>like deus ex hr
Nani

I mostly agree. The game feels cool as hell up until the Aboretum, but after that it’s a fucking slog. All the cool little tricks and quirks fall away in the face of same-y enemies and boring environments. I think having a bunch of NPCs really hurts the game too, killed the feeling of isolation. People overrate it because of the small things it got right, but ignore all the big things it did wrong. That last act, man, what a stinker

>becomes radically trivial as soon as you get a gun and realize you can make a ridiculous amount of ammo
That's probably the biggest mistake in this game, there's too much ammo. It's always people who just play it like a shooter that say it's boring

Attached: 1359816146474.jpg (574x712, 22K)

Don't misinform that retard, station build in 60-s is looking like an actual space station, it is small and in the Talos's core. Whole building was made by corporation much later to be most swag place in the world, because they invite best people to share skill with neuromod department.

>heavily inspired by the 60s
>the entire aesthetic Prey goes for, is inspired by 1960s

Bioshock*. Heavily inspired by Bioshock. A sorry attmept at copying Bioshock's aesthetic, at that. The even stole the fonts.

Attached: screenshot2-min.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

>It's actually the system shock 3 everyone was waiting for
Fuck you. No it is not and it’s completely ridiculous for you to even say that.

>bioshit
Die

>Bioshock invented the past

the entirety of Talos 1 looks nothing like anything in Bioshock.

I get that you're trying to bait here, but you're closer than you think. A common theme in science fiction, especially in games that pull inspiration from games like System Shock, is hubris. The reason that everything went to shit is because of human intervention in celestial matters, and the poster you're so upset about frames that idea in a way that people can immediately understand, through bad advertising.

>Deus Ex outside of the 2000 title
>good story

Aaaaand there goes your opinion

The problem with making it scarce is the fact that the melee combat is such absolute dogshit. The actual combat is really fucking bad and underdone. It's obvious they wanted to make a story and the game came second. The alternative is use spacepowers and make the game trivial in that regard, but there's no need because the pistol is so good compared to everything else and the shotgun does more than enough damage to take down even the nightmares in about 6 shots.
Literally focus on getting inventory slots as fast as possible with a little hacking here and there and the game pretty much starts to fall apart at the seams.

When you approach the first locked door that needs a keycard to open they suggest that you use the air ducts to get around shit. Throughout the game they occasionally enforce this idea that there is typically more than one way to get into a room, using ducts, maintenance areas, hacking, etc. Just that "idea" of level design made me recollect on deus ex hr. Even in Deus Ex HR they would purposely put in some overpowered enemy in your way and encourage you to start thinking of alternative routes to continue, and that's exactly the case in Prey, at least in the early game. They'll put phantoms in your path when you don't even have a gun at that point to keep you out of certain areas and make you go the long way. That being said, it still fails at making compelling level design in the way deus ex HR did, because of the attempted open world meme where things are artificially gated to keep players from doing anything the devs wouldn't intend. Deus Ex HR shines because you're given a singular level and you have the ability to use path A/B/C or some combination to play they way you want. You can stealth, shoot, hack, etc, your way to your objective in Deus Ex HR. Prey lacks that depth in all facets.

the black blobs are such an impersonal foe and I had difficulties to be invested into the game plot because of that. I think the freakish humans of system shock 2/ bioshock worked better. prey is just bland.

Never said Deus Ex HR has a good story, just said it delivered more than Prey while also being a good game overall.

You mean the delivery of the story was better?

>You can stealth, shoot, hack, etc, your way to your objective in Deus Ex HR
That's a trope across all games like this, it's essentially what the whole genre is about. System Shock 2, Deus Ex, whatever. Approach situations the way you want

It should've gotten more love imo, although it does have its flaws. Main thing for me is that is insanely easy to get overpowered and at that point all suspense is thrown out the airlock. Even on the "hardest" difficulty settings. Loved the exploration, story and experimenting with all the different mechanics in the first half tho.

>bioshock invented the 60s
Jesus christ you're a dunce

>Main thing for me is that is insanely easy to get overpowered
Same as Dishonored compared to Thief, seems to be a thing with Arkane

It's a great game for 40 or less burgers. The typhon are scary as fuck the first hour in and you feel really isolated, its the first hour that promises so much and is so close to being system shock 3. After the second hour it starts getting boring, the nueromods just aren't that interesting and are not necessary when the shotgun can 6 shot the most powerful enemy in the game. The exploration is also super intriguing at first, the first time you go in space it's definitely a wooooaaah moment, but by the time you go through the GUTS its like holy fuck zero G sucks dick can we get this over with. They absolutely ruined the atmosphere by including too many survivors, it stops feeling even remotely scary and turns into a pure action game halfway through which is unfortunate, it's like if Bioshock threw you in a big daddy suit halfway through the game instead of the last 20 minutes. The story premise is interesting and the different endings are cool but by the end you just dont care. Moon crash is neat. I hope they make a second one, and they go more in the survival route, and make nueromods more unique and interesting.

What a meme opinion
> melee combat is such absolute dogshit. The actual combat is really fucking bad and underdone.
Melee is last resort. What else do you need, combos and stylepoints?
>Deus Ex HR shines because you're given a singular level and you have the ability to use path A/B/C or some combination to play they way you want. You can stealth, shoot, hack, etc, your way to your objective in Deus Ex HR. Prey lacks that depth in all facets.
Yeah, Deus Ex "here is your cover-stealth route, here is your vent-stealth route", Deus Ex "there is something suspicious behind the corner, but I'm a simple guard, I refuse to check, I'll glare and bark."
> open world meme
Nothing wrong with open world, and only thing Prey gated is access to some places, i.e. it is not quite an open world.

>zero G sucks dick can we get this over with.
Zero G is the best part, you dunce.

Okay, let me make it clear
in terms of story
Deus Ex HR > Prey
The idea of human augmentation is compelling. Taking someone who is disabled and giving them the ability to function as if the disability did not exist is an augmentation that I think most people, if not all can agree is a good thing. Things like cochlear implants for the deaf so they can hear is something I think everyone can agree is a good thing.
Then augments go past that and those with money become super-human. People start replacing more and more of their bodies with this technology, are they still human? What makes a person human? A soul? A brain? A heart? What can we cut out until we can say this is no longer human. Can robots be human? I enjoyed that concept. Even that one bit of dialog where (I haven't played in years) where an NPC asks Jensen if his boss put blades in his arms to make it easier to cut the hedges on his lawn.
Just those philosophical ideas are realistic and within the scope of our current lifetime. It's a tangible problem.
Prey on the other hand plays a similar line; too many alien mods and you are just turret bait. Is technology good regardless of the sacrifice required. It's still so shallow and borderline pretentious. A lot of voice logs are just about how gay everyone on this space ship seems to be and how trivial everyone's problems are. Even the food found on the ship is so pretentious. The place is littered with pomegranates, like really? The one fruit that's hard to grow outside of a Mediterranean climate is what you choose to bring to space? You brought tanks of eels to breed and feed everyone? The one animal that takes extremely long to grow from birth to adulthood? Even the "twist" at the end was kind of interesting I guess, but didn't save the story for me.

Might try System Shock then.

immersive sims are fucking garbage.

Mooncrash is definitely worth it

> He haven't played SS
Checks out.
> Even the food found on the ship is so pretentious.
Talos is designed to be a swag palace.
> HR story.
youtube.com/watch?v=vYLEuQrvND0

It's cool until you've spent hours upon hours slowly floating around. Seriously the GUTS was almost enough to make me put the game down, theres nothing fun about slowly floating around shooting exploding typhon sacks. That was the worst section of the game by a huge margin. The exploration outside of the station was cool

You can go fast.

>objectively worse than Bioshock
LMAO
you are a fucking faggot

he's not wrong.

>not doing the side missions

Attached: dgfhghfh.jpg (445x120, 8K)

Let me make myself clear, Bioshock is not a godsend of a game. It’s painfully overrated

But Prey does nothing better than Bioshock

I did a weapon dude playthrough around release, how is a magic (psionics?) build?

>Melee is last resort.
Absolutely agree, however the fact is at the end of the day melee isn't my only criticism. The fact you can make ammo any time and stockpile it is the number one problem this game faces. The only two guns that you should make ammo for every time is the pistol and shotgun. Every other interesting weapon in the game can be effectively ignored because of the fact that they are just a chore to use. They're not fun or compelling, and often leave you open instead of being good alternatives. Neuromods are so well supplied on this spaceship that with 1 upgrade to health kits, and the upgrade where normal food heals for more health the game stops being challenging. The one selling point the game has is the alien abilities, which are basic or just jank to use. The combat is shit, not just melee, but melee in particular is really shitty.

> open world meme
Nothing wrong with open world, and only thing Prey gated is access to some places, i.e. it is not quite an open world.
No, it tries to mix both and fails at doing so. The game fails to gate you out of certain areas with enemies because it's too easy and so they try the level requirement thing, but that fails because neuromods are so common. Areas that are barred off with these high neuromod requirements barely pay off once you hack into them. Your reward is typically more neuromods, ammo, a gun you already have and healing items. This repeats ad naseum and there is no real incentive to rush certain areas and cause yourself a deliberate handicap.
The game could have played out like this:
>rush early levels in hacking
>severely weak at combat
>sneak past insane enemies because you hack yourself into a part that's intended for late game
>get a really good gun, but ammo is scarce so you have to be selective in the usage
It encourages player choice and difference in play style.

>no opinion besides a youtube video
Never said HR had a good story, but I like the concepts presented.

Prey 2016. The game only liked by "that guy".

Attached: 594C671__40210.1442416883.jpg (390x350, 29K)

>[s]
>[/s]
>there are people that STILL don't just press Ctrl+S
fucking why?

>The fact you can make ammo any time and stockpile it is the number one problem this game faces.
That is true.
> Concepts of HR
Try watching the video, it's good.
You sound like a fag. "What makes human human?" There is no point in this question in Deus Ex HR, because augmentations don't really augment brain patterns Illuminati frenzy doesn't count. Since there are no brain alterations, they are mere humans with prostetics. Everybody agree that cripples are still people, limbs doesn't make a man, and a game is all about cool limbs and envious limblets.

no, prey mimics designs from the 60, bioshock from the 20s.
get your design facts straight, retard.

he is absolutely wrong.

>There is no point in this question in Deus Ex HR
The game literally leads up to this with the final "choose 1 of your three endings". The implications are that if human augmentation gets out of hand everyone is going to be augmneted. It's also a bit of an implication that anyone could manipulate you because you're trusting a company/government to not put in shitty things to control what you do. People who want to get augments would ultimately have their limbs cut off to have them replaced with parts. It's a take on the concept of if you take a ship and replace the boards, is it still the same ship?

Yes it is. I wish there were more games like it.

Did they patch the mind-boggling gun model perspective? It literally makes me sick just looking at screenshots or video because of how it fucks with depth perception.

Attached: prey gun angle.jpg (960x540, 38K)

Prey Interface Customizer provides separate fov sliders.

Well put.

That's not the FOV. That's the gun pointing at the crosshair as if the target is two inches away from the barrel.

Bioshock is art deco.